PDA

View Full Version : Life My son casts his line into the water

J Diddy
07-20-2009, 12:41 AM
and within 3 minutes he gets this
http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/3100/1000110.jpg

Jethopper
07-20-2009, 12:49 AM
Nothin like a good ol' father son memory. Congrats.

Rausch
07-20-2009, 12:55 AM
Khaki shorts and hawaiian tee shirt?

That's all I need to know. Dad of the year!

J Diddy
07-20-2009, 01:00 AM

Hell I should have turned sideways I have the beer gut as well.

Abba-Dabba
07-20-2009, 01:00 AM

The attire is lovely. I also like the glove and velcro sandals.

It's pretty sad when your son has more of a clue to dress himself in decent attire than you. And the kid pulls it of wearing a Iron man tee to boot.

Saccopoo
07-20-2009, 01:15 AM
Did you chum with a can of dog food to fire up the catfish for the boy? With that many trailers in the background, one would figure that that pond's fish would be savvy to the standard can of corn chumming.

Rausch
07-20-2009, 01:23 AM

They can kiss mah' azz.

A nice hawiian tee shirt, a boy with a nice catch, a day off work...

Hell, if that's not a perfect day you find the man who disagrees and his car is where your live bait goes to die at the end of the trip...:)

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-20-2009, 01:41 AM
Very nice!

Great Gramps started my casting lessons at age 3 and 3/4's; good times.

J Diddy
07-20-2009, 01:57 AM
The attire is lovely. I also like the glove and velcro sandals.

It's pretty sad when your son has more of a clue to dress himself in decent attire than you. And the kid pulls it of wearing a Iron man tee to boot.

heck, who do you think picked his clothes out

J Diddy
07-20-2009, 01:58 AM
Did you chum with a can of dog food to fire up the catfish for the boy? With that many trailers in the background, one would figure that that pond's fish would be savvy to the standard can of corn chumming.

It was at a koa campground, those in the background are rv's.

kcxiv
07-20-2009, 02:04 AM
my dad never did fishing or played sports with me. well he played a little baseball with me, but what he did was teach me to work on cars, build fences, do drywall, build sheds and what not. I didnt get the lets go out and play sports/fishing dad lol.

He wasnt into sports at all and still isnt, but he loves watching MMA with me and my Bro in Law. lol I had to learn all that stuff from just the streets playing with friends. To be honest, none of their fathers played with them either. We just went and did it.

Rausch
07-20-2009, 02:07 AM

Which part of the the thing being able to drive itself did you not comprehend?

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-20-2009, 02:09 AM
It was at a koa campground, those in the background are rv's.

KOA Campground! Now there's a name I haven't thought about in years.

The place looks pretty tight in your photo.

We used to camp at a place called Red Rock Canyon when I was a kid, just outside of Hinton, Oklahoma. NICE little canyon on the plains.

Rausch
07-20-2009, 02:24 AM
KOA Campground! Now there's a name I haven't thought about in years.

The place looks pretty tight in your photo.

We used to camp at a place called Red Rock Canyon when I was a kid, just outside of Hinton, Oklahoma. NICE little canyon on the plains.

:spock:

J Diddy
07-20-2009, 03:04 AM
my dad never did fishing or played sports with me. well he played a little baseball with me, but what he did was teach me to work on cars, build fences, do drywall, build sheds and what not. I didnt get the lets go out and play sports/fishing dad lol.

He wasnt into sports at all and still isnt, but he loves watching MMA with me and my Bro in Law. lol I had to learn all that stuff from just the streets playing with friends. To be honest, none of their fathers played with them either. We just went and did it.

I guess that makes me a horrible father since I took my son and daughter fishing.

Ultra Peanut
07-20-2009, 03:25 AM
BITCH STOLE MY FISH

Bwana
07-20-2009, 06:48 AM
Good for you for taking him out Dad and nice catch!

Otter
07-20-2009, 06:57 AM
Nice JDiddy!

Mile High Mania
07-20-2009, 07:39 AM
I guess that makes me a horrible father since I took my son and daughter fishing.

I don't think that is what he was saying... more kids need to spend time outdoors. My uncle is a "nature nut/tree hugger", but he sent this link to me.

http://www.childrenandnature.org/

Some folks need assistance in this area and there are local clubs, etc that are getting people together to be more active with their kids. A few decades ago, you didn't need this type of help... but, now... some parents need some help with introducing their kids to the outdoors.

This site and organization is a result of Richard Louv’s book “Last Child in the Woods”. I have not read it, but I hear it's pretty good.

BucEyedPea
07-20-2009, 07:45 AM
adorable pic diddy

ChiTown
07-20-2009, 08:01 AM
Awesome pic, J Did!

I'll be fishing with two boys (8 & 11) in Colorado next week. Can't wait!

Bwana
07-20-2009, 08:02 AM
I don't think that is what he was saying... more kids need to spend time outdoors. My uncle is a "nature nut/tree hugger", but he sent this link to me.

http://www.childrenandnature.org/

Some folks need assistance in this area and there are local clubs, etc that are getting people together to be more active with their kids. A few decades ago, you didn't need this type of help... but, now... some parents need some help with introducing their kids to the outdoors.

This site and organization is a result of Richard Louv’s book “Last Child in the Woods”. I have not read it, but I hear it's pretty good.

You're right about that. I'm in the center of some of the best fishing on earth and there are a lot of kids around here who have never been fishing. I took my kids and two of their friends earlier this year and I was surprised to hear that neither one of their friends had ever been fishing. I had to teach them how to fish. Everyone had a great time and the noobs want to go back.

Radar Chief
07-20-2009, 08:06 AM

Dude, don’t worry about it.
I once posted a pic of my boy sitting on the pot with the “man bible”, a.k.a. Summit Catalog, and the only comments were about the bathroom décor. That's when I realized we’re in here posting with a bunch of chicks.

Sofa King
07-20-2009, 08:08 AM
3 minutes is pretty good... you weren't by chance fishing here were you?

http://www.waysthataredark.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/fishfarm.jpg

Radar Chief
07-20-2009, 08:13 AM
You're right about that. I'm in the center of some of the best fishing on earth and there are a lot of kids around here who have never been fishing. I took my kids and two of their friends earlier this year and I was surprised to hear that neither one of their friends had ever been fishing. I had to teach them how to fish. Everyone had a great time and the noobs want to go back.

Good for you.
I take my boy fishing every once in a while.
He’s starting to get the whole casting thing, he can’t put it where he wants but can at least get it out there.
He’s recently figured out that the plastic toy at the end of his line isn’t going to catch any fish, so now he has to get rigged up just like dad and I have to start dodging hooks. ;)

Chief Henry
07-20-2009, 08:55 AM
Very nice. Good memories J.Diddy.

CoMoChief
07-20-2009, 09:05 AM

Dont forget the Jesus sandals.

Lzen
07-20-2009, 10:18 AM
Cool. Good job, dad.

Mr. Krab
07-20-2009, 10:25 AM
Dude, wheres the black socks to go with that outfit?

MOhillbilly
07-20-2009, 10:27 AM
Nice fish thatll give him the 'fever' for sure.

-as for fishing with kids- it sucks, i tie more hooks in a day of fishing with the kids than i would the entire year. Not to mention baiting, snags, 50 fish big as my finger that you have to take off. f-that.

Skip Towne
07-20-2009, 11:24 AM
Nice fish thatll give him the 'fever' for sure.

-as for fishing with kids- it sucks, i tie more hooks in a day of fishing with the kids than i would the entire year. Not to mention baiting, snags, 50 fish big as my finger that you have to take off. f-that.

You have to know how to fish with kids. Just put a plastic worm on their line. No hook, just the worm. No snags, no baiting hooks, no taking off guppies.

T-post Tom
07-20-2009, 11:41 AM
Good job, dad. Now he's going to want that everytime he goes fishing. :D (One of my neighbor kids took an eight point buck on his first hunt last year and now thinks that is normal. heh)

Radar Chief
07-20-2009, 11:56 AM
You have to know how to fish with kids. Just put a plastic worm on their line. No hook, just the worm. No snags, no baiting hooks, no taking off guppies.

That works to an extent.
My Engineering Counterpart takes his daughter fishing all the time. He used to just tie on a plastic worm and let her cast it, until she figured out that he was rigged up different. Of course then she had to be rigged up like daddy so he set her up and she promptly caught a fish. Then it was over for the plastic worm trick.
That’s about where I am with MiniRadar. He just noticed I’m rigged up different and he’s not catching much on that toy tire at the end of his Lightening McQueen pole.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-20-2009, 12:13 PM

googlegoogle
07-20-2009, 12:45 PM
that photo may last lifetimes.

Direckshun
07-20-2009, 01:38 PM
Your kid looks Asian. Dial-up the milkman right now.

Bwana
07-20-2009, 02:40 PM
Good for you.
I take my boy fishing every once in a while.
He’s starting to get the whole casting thing, he can’t put it where he wants but can at least get it out there.
He’s recently figured out that the plastic toy at the end of his line isn’t going to catch any fish, so now he has to get rigged up just like dad and I have to start dodging hooks. ;)

ROFL

I've been there.

In fact, I have been on both ends of that story. I was making some sales calls in western Montana last year and knocked off at about three in the afternoon to try my luck on the river. I walked down about a mile and found a sweet slow moving piece of water and started fly fishing. I was there for about 5 minutes, had caught two fish and this fuckweed guide, with a couple of slippery Larry's in a drift boat starts drifting into my hole.

Now keep in mind, this moron has "miles of river" to fish and he decides my hole is the cats ass. He stops on the outside of the hole and said guide and the slippery Larry's start casting in the hole. I went from zero to sixty in the pissed off department. I started casting at his head and managed to hook his hat and pull it off into the water. He starts running his mouth and I told him to dock his boat and we would "talk about it." I turned to the side, gave my Glock 20 three taps with my finger while still holstered and just smiled at him. I have never seen a guy row as fast as he did in my life. His arms and oars were going like hell with about every 4th stroke hitting the water.

I figured I would run into him at the boat area, but when I got down there, he had already loaded and hit the road.

Halfcan
07-20-2009, 02:52 PM

it looks like pot leaves on his shirt- :)

nice fish btw

Dr. Johnny Fever
07-20-2009, 03:50 PM
I expected someone slightly more gangsta from the username.

KcMizzou
07-20-2009, 11:16 PM
My boy's catch from the vacation we just finished...

KcMizzou
07-20-2009, 11:18 PM
And mine... this was just dumb luck... I was fishing for catfish...

Bugeater
07-20-2009, 11:22 PM
HOLY CRAP! A PICTURE OF KCMIZZOU!

J Diddy
07-20-2009, 11:23 PM
And mine... this was just dumb luck... I was fishing for catfish...

Nice photoshop!!j/k damn that thing is a monster.

KcMizzou
07-20-2009, 11:24 PM
HOLY CRAP! A PICTURE OF KCMIZZOU!The FISH man... look at the FISH. I'm camera shy for a reason....lol

KcMizzou
07-20-2009, 11:27 PM
Nice photoshop!!j/k damn that thing is a monster.The crazy thing is, they don't bite on lures... they just filter the water. We snagged two in two nights by accident... my mom's hubby got this one, it's even bigger...

KcMizzou
07-20-2009, 11:28 PM
For the record, we threw both of them back.

Bugeater
07-20-2009, 11:30 PM
Had to do it..

http://i28.tinypic.com/2m28ej4.jpg

KcMizzou
07-20-2009, 11:33 PM
Had to do it..

http://i28.tinypic.com/2m28ej4.jpgLMAO

Psyko Tek
07-20-2009, 11:49 PM
wtf is that

I tool my boys fishing on the urban area s in phx for the last few year s cause I didn't have a drivers licesnse
this fall want to gfo fish the rivers and lakes aroiund her causde we never caught a damn thin

nice catch will be cool memories

Radar Chief
07-21-2009, 07:33 AM
ROFL

I've been there.

In fact, I have been on both ends of that story. I was making some sales calls in western Montana last year and knocked off at about three in the afternoon to try my luck on the river. I walked down about a mile and found a sweet slow moving piece of water and started fly fishing. I was there for about 5 minutes, had caught two fish and this ****weed guide, with a couple of slippery Larry's in a drift boat starts drifting into my hole.

Now keep in mind, this moron has "miles of river" to fish and he decides my hole is the cats ass. He stops on the outside of the hole and said guide and the slippery Larry's start casting in the hole. I went from zero to sixty in the pissed off department. I started casting at his head and managed to hook his hat and pull it off into the water. He starts running his mouth and I told him to dock his boat and we would "talk about it." I turned to the side, gave my Glock 20 three taps with my finger while still holstered and just smiled at him. I have never seen a guy row as fast as he did in my life. His arms and oars were going like hell with about every 4th stroke hitting the water.

I figured I would run into him at the boat area, but when I got down there, he had already loaded and hit the road.

:LOL: And probably left a wake that could be surfed.
But that’s a good example of why men need to take their boys fishing, to teach them some semblance of common courtesy and fishing etiquette.

Radar Chief
07-21-2009, 07:39 AM
wtf is that

Spoonbill, a.k.a. paddlefish. Related to a sturgeon.
The ones KcMizzou is showing are decent size, in the 20-30 lb range, but those things can get well over 100 lbs. Strange too since they only eat plankton and other microscopic organisms. That’s what the bill is for, they stir up the bottom and filter feed.

Abba-Dabba
07-21-2009, 07:54 AM
Spoonbill. Related to a sturgeon.
The ones KcMizzou is showing are decent size, in the 20-30 lb range, but those things can get well over 100 lbs. Strange too since they only eat plankton and other microscopic organisms. That’s what the bill is for, they stir up the bottom and filter feed.

Not strange at all. Many whales feed on plankton. They don't seem to have to much of a problem with size. Hippos are vegetarians but don't have a problem packing on the pounds either.

My point is, maybe sometimes it isn't what the diet consists of that puts on the weight. Many times it's the delivery system and the duration of feeding.

Sofa King
07-21-2009, 07:59 AM
Not strange at all. Many whales feed on plankton. They don't seem to have to much of a problem with size. Hippos are vegetarians but don't have a problem packing on the pounds either.

My point is, maybe sometimes it isn't what the diet consists of that puts on the weight. Many times it's the delivery system and the duration of feeding.

they are MOSTLY vegatarian... but they'll eat about anything... including meat...

and they kill more people than any other animal every year... stupid hippos...

Radar Chief
07-21-2009, 08:28 AM

Sure, throw manatees in there too.
I didn’t have a point by posting “strange” just that it’s a little factoid one wouldn’t think normally fits.
Don’t have to go all literal on my professor. ;)

Easy 6
07-22-2009, 03:47 PM
Nice, thats a perfect fryin size.

Your kid will remember this kind of stuff all of his days Dad.

Demonpenz
07-22-2009, 05:19 PM
1985 royals world series and my first catty

Ultra Peanut
07-22-2009, 05:35 PM
I PUT ON MY ROBE AND WIZARD HAT