PDA

View Full Version : Money I've Launched A New Website

Mr. Flopnuts
07-22-2009, 08:58 AM
I did this once before a couple of years ago and wasn't really comfortable posting it online as it was a local business. This on the other hand is an online business, so I'll post a link to the site below.

It's a very basic website, and honestly one that was built from a template. Being computer retarded, and extremely cheap makes it pretty difficult to build anything flashy. Fortunately for me, I don't think my business model requires anything flashy. IMO, it would almost make it seem disingenuous.

Current times in our economy have people in more of a position of power than ever before. I've given a lot of you advice on these matters, and I'm going to put my 15 years of experience in the field to good use. Tell me what you think. Thanks in advance for all opinions, and if anyone has some awesome metatagging advice, it would be greatly appreciated.

www.thenegotiationstation.com

Mr. Flopnuts
07-22-2009, 09:01 AM
P.S - My advice will still come free on this website. :D While I'm interested in profiting from my knowledge as many do these days, I still consider the majority of you friends, and I could never take your money if I can offer a few words that will help you in your situation.

Pablo
07-22-2009, 09:03 AM
Are you teh sexay lady in the suit?

Mr. Flopnuts
07-22-2009, 09:04 AM

Yes.

doomy3
07-22-2009, 09:05 AM
Nice looking site! How does one get paid for something like this? I mean, how do you set up your fees and stuff?

milkman
07-22-2009, 09:09 AM
Can I use this site to negotiate a fair back child support settlement?

Mr. Flopnuts
07-22-2009, 09:11 AM
Nice looking site! How does one get paid for something like this? I mean, how do you set up your fees and stuff?

Thanks for the compliment. I use the Rainman method. :D Market research. Not only trying to keep pricing competitive with others doing the same thing, but also evaluating how much the services can save a potential customer. Services range from a couple hundred dollars up to a couple of thousand.

Loan modifications on mortgages is a tricky business, and requires a great deal of haggling and negotiating over usually a half dozen to a dozen phone calls. It's time consuming and grueling. That is a service that will run a couple thousand.

On the other hand, a credit cleanse doesn't require as much time and generally involves not much more than a few phone calls and firing off a couple of pre written letter templates. That service will run a couple hundred.

There's also a variety of others that will run somewhere in between. The goal is to make sure substantial value is provided, otherwise we won't be a viable option for folks. Believe it or not, while I'm interested in making some money, a large part of this for me is trying to attone for years of experience as a malicious bill collector. This has the potential to clear my conscious.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-22-2009, 09:11 AM

LMAO Not on my behalf you cheap son of a bitch!

Fish
07-22-2009, 09:15 AM

Yes.

I'm interested in your "services".....

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/1520/jackblackhitit.gif

OnTheWarpath15
07-22-2009, 09:15 AM

LMAO

teedubya
07-22-2009, 09:20 AM
Your title tag at the top of the document says "Home"

that wont help you on search engines at all.

W/O doing the keyword research...

it should look something like:

Debt Negotiation Advice | Debt Settlement Assistance | The Negotiation Station

Id use two of your main keywords in the title between 2 pipes... Good Luck

Mr. Flopnuts
07-22-2009, 09:21 AM

You are exactly who I was hoping would sound off in this thread. I'll definitely do that when I get home from work tonight. Thanks a million.

BigRedChief
07-22-2009, 09:27 AM
You are exactly who I was hoping would sound off in this thread. I'll definitely do that when I get home from work tonight. Thanks a million.
The tags are essential. You'll never get anywhere in searches with "home" in there. Put as many keywords in there as you think are neccessary. Also link to other high traffic sites will send your search results higher.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-22-2009, 09:32 AM
The tags are essential. You'll never get anywhere in searches with "home" in there. Put as many keywords in there as you think are neccessary. Also link to other high traffic sites will send your search results higher.

See, I know nothing about this. This is more awesome advice. Thank you sir! I'll be researching this stuff on my own as well, I'm going to have to learn how to be effective at online marketing otherwise I'm doomed before I start. I appreciate the help here, as you've saved me some time and I can get a headstart on some of this stuff.

teedubya
07-22-2009, 09:42 AM

And if you want to Geo-target it... you can get ranking even quicker if you are like

Debt Consolidation Portland Oregon | Debt Negotiation Portland | Negotiation Station

ziggysocki
07-22-2009, 09:46 AM
Here is a link to some pretty good search engine optimization information: Promote your website and get it listed (http://www.modwest.com/help/kb11-268.html)

Buck
07-22-2009, 09:47 AM
Your site could use more boobs.

btlook1
07-22-2009, 10:53 AM
Your site could use more boobs.

Buck is right again!

rockymtnchief
07-22-2009, 11:01 AM
I like that it looks professional, instead of "flashy".

Good job and good luck.

KC native
07-22-2009, 11:04 AM
Nice and simple. The only thing I would change is the money in a rubber band on the front page. It looks kind of tacky and distracts from you being a professional providing a service.

Skip Towne
07-22-2009, 11:06 AM
Ari, et al, you really should bill himfor your helpful hints. I would suggest you charge between a couple of hundred and a couple of thousand.

DaFace
07-22-2009, 11:06 AM
My only recommendation would be to somehow break up the text on your front page. As it is, I can't tell what you're about at a glance, and I'm too lazy to read all that.

Skip Towne
07-22-2009, 11:13 AM
I just got a "spam" email from DebtAssistance.com. It sounds like it is similar to what you are doing.

The Franchise
07-22-2009, 11:32 AM
My only recommendation would be to somehow break up the text on your front page. As it is, I can't tell what you're about at a glance, and I'm too lazy to read all that.

Yeah....I would look at making a bulleted list on the front page of the different services that you offer.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-22-2009, 12:21 PM
I appreciate everyone's input. I'll definitely be making some changes to the site to make it more user friendly, and easy to understand exactly what I'm trying to do. I agree with the money picture comment. It wasn't a great money picture. I'll have to find a better one. Thanks again guys, I'm pretty new at all of this.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-22-2009, 04:23 PM

LMAO The spiders in my website haven't hit google yet, but this post did. Ari, you are an internet marketing guru.

aturnis
07-22-2009, 04:31 PM

Dead beat! :D

Simply Red
07-22-2009, 04:34 PM
very clean, very. Mmmm, delish. No seriously, it's cool as hell, very crisp. However, flash is where it's at, according to all of the designer snobs. Here is a good example, per some trusted designers -> www.depotamerica.com

however, based on yours being wk'd off of a template, nice job. looks very good. Beautiful colors, too.

Jenson71
07-22-2009, 04:38 PM
Nice and simple. The only thing I would change is the money in a rubber band on the front page. It looks kind of tacky and distracts from you being a professional providing a service.

Yeah, and the two guys butting heads.

Jenson71
07-22-2009, 04:40 PM
Also, who is David Weller or Tamara Roddick or Cynthia Bender? Maybe you just made them up. Maybe David Weller is actually a retarded cousin. Maybe his business is horrible.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-22-2009, 05:31 PM
Yeah, and the two guys butting heads.

I love that picture. Keep in mind, my target market isn't the intellectual type. You guys can generally handle your own business. The money picture I agree has to go.

Also, who is David Weller or Tamara Roddick or Cynthia Bender? Maybe you just made them up. Maybe David Weller is actually a retarded cousin. Maybe his business is horrible.

The name's are changed, but I've been doing this years. The emails are real. Believe it or don't, as I'm well aware that people just make shit up to sound good. That entire page will be changed at some point in the future because I'm not a big fan of the concept. It's just a start.

Thank you for your input.

SAUTO
07-22-2009, 05:38 PM
good looking site floppy guy!!! good luck

Jenson71
07-22-2009, 05:39 PM
I totally believe you. I was just thinking of having their business listed after their name.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-22-2009, 05:42 PM
I totally believe you. I was just thinking of having their business listed after their name.

Ahh. I misunderstood. You can see my confidence in that entire concept. I hate testimonials, I just need to think of something better to do with that page. Thinking back though, you didn't mention Chase, or Phil because their profession is listed. Gotcha. I really do hate that concept though. It'll be gone soon.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-22-2009, 05:42 PM
good looking site floppy guy!!! good luck

Thank you sir. I'm hoping to rejoin you very soon in the ranks of the self employed. I got a few ideas to put through the pipes here shortly.

SAUTO
07-22-2009, 05:45 PM
Thank you sir. I'm hoping to rejoin you very soon in the ranks of the self employed. I got a few ideas to put through the pipes here shortly.

that's what it takes. you have to WANT it. i'm sure you know that already though:D

The Franchise
07-22-2009, 05:45 PM
Is that a banner that you put together or is it just a generic one?

Mr. Flopnuts
07-22-2009, 05:53 PM
Is that a banner that you put together or is it just a generic one?

The banner was part of the template. The only thing I added are the individual pictures on each page, and all of the text. The rest of it was done for me.

The Franchise
07-22-2009, 06:04 PM
The banner was part of the template. The only thing I added are the individual pictures on each page, and all of the text. The rest of it was done for me.

Can you change stuff if you feel like it?

Like if I was to be nice and create a banner for you...would you be able to change it yourself? Or are you stuck with it?

Mr. Flopnuts
07-22-2009, 06:08 PM
Can you change stuff if you feel like it?

Like if I was to be nice and create a banner for you...would you be able to change it yourself? Or are you stuck with it?

Oh, I can change the template and go straight to a fresh, blank page and build one myself. I'm just an idiot and have no idea what I'm doing. So, if anyone felt like being nice, and making something I'd absolutely be able to use it.

If my business takes off, I'd certainly reward any nice individuals too. But I wouldn't ever ask, or expect anyone to do anything for free.

Halfcan
07-22-2009, 06:22 PM
The only thing I would add-is "The Big Money" playing softly in the back ground.

CrazyPhuD
07-22-2009, 08:48 PM
You know if you chose the website askflopnuts.com you wouldn't need to drive traffic to your site, it should just come.

Rain Man
07-22-2009, 08:56 PM
Nice-looking site. You'd lowered my expectations with your original post, but that's really good stuff.

Interesting business idea, too.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-22-2009, 10:48 PM
You know if you chose the website askflopnuts.com you wouldn't need to drive traffic to your site, it should just come.

I'll have to consider that..........

Nice-looking site. You'd lowered my expectations with your original post, but that's really good stuff.

Interesting business idea, too.

Thanks. Incredibly low cost to take a shot. It's being done by a lot of people right now, but I'm definitely taking a different approach. I have a few people involved that have tons of experience in this business, so I'm confident we can deliver as well, and probably better than 90% or more of the others doing it. I'm willing to invest the time to see if it's worth anything.

DeezNutz
07-22-2009, 10:53 PM
Good luck, dude.

Looks good!

MoreLemonPledge
07-23-2009, 02:54 AM
http://img.infibeam.com/img/5e430d5f/139/0/9780671500139.jpg

pikesome
07-24-2009, 03:37 PM
A bump for good peoples.

Stewie
07-24-2009, 03:40 PM