PDA

View Full Version : Money Ebay Seller Renegs - Do I have any recourse?

Frazod
07-23-2009, 12:53 AM
I need some advice from any experienced ebayers out there.

Over the weekend I bid on and won a Derrick Thomas jersey. I paid immediately using my PayPal account.

Earlier this evening I get a message from PayPal - my money had been returned to my account, with a note from the seller saying that he had intended to add a reserve amount to the jersey but didn't, so he was backing out of the deal.

My money has been refunded, but fuck that - I want that jersey. It's not my fault this idiot doesn't know what he's doing. So is there anything I can do short of simply leaving negative feedback? I'm sure he'd have done something to me if I'd suddenly decided not to pay.

What a fucking scumbag.

Any meaningful advice would be appreciated.

DaneMcCloud
07-23-2009, 12:55 AM
Send all of your info to Ebay so that he can't pull the same shit with another buyer.

Ebay has become (IMO) THE shitstain of internet buying and selling the past 18 months. I avoid it completely and do business (if possible) with Amazon.

Sorry, Dude.

Hammock Parties
07-23-2009, 12:56 AM
You're fucked.

Welcome to the internet.

Frazod
07-23-2009, 12:59 AM
Send all of your info to Ebay so that he can't pull the same shit with another buyer.

Ebay has become (IMO) THE shitstain of internet buying and selling the past 18 months. I avoid it completely and do business (if possible) with Amazon.

Sorry, Dude.

I've had over a 100 transactions over the past couple of years, and while a few of the things I bought were not all I'd hoped for, I've never had some shitbag pull this on me before. I actually had a bad experience buying from some asshole on Amazon and now feel the same way about them that you do about ebay.

I guess I could try sending a nasty note threatening to report the guy - don't know how much good it would do.

I really wanted that jersey before the induction ceremony, too. :#

KCChiefsMan
07-23-2009, 01:00 AM
ya, you are screwed. All you can really do is leave neg feedback.

Just Passin' By
07-23-2009, 01:00 AM
I've had over a 100 transactions over the past couple of years, and while a few of the things I bought were not all I'd hoped for, I've never had some shitbag pull this on me before. I actually had a bad experience buying from some asshole on Amazon and now feel the same way about them that you do about ebay.

I guess I could try sending a nasty note threatening to report the guy - don't know how much good it would do.

Lodge the complaint with eBay and they'll put the two of you in contact to try to work it out.

DaneMcCloud
07-23-2009, 01:12 AM

It fucking blows, Bro.

I'd report him to Ebay and move on. I'm truly sorry to hear about your horrible experience but at least you aren't fighting Paypal for your money.

Best, Bro.

Frazod
07-23-2009, 01:14 AM
I just sent dickbag the following message:

"I received the refund and attached note. I do not find this to be acceptable. I won the auction and paid immediately - your failure to add a reserve is not my responsibility or problem. I'm sure you would have reacted poorly if I had suddenly decided not to pay you after winning. I want that jersey for the agreed price. If you refuse to sell it for that amount, I will leave negative feedback and file a report with ebay. I hope this will not become necessary, as I have never had to do this before, but I've never had a seller renege on me before, either. Please get back to me today (Thursday) and I will reapply payment through PayPal. If I have not heard from you by Friday morning I will take action."

We'll see what happens. If he cares about his feedback, he'll deal. If not, I'll at least take my pound of cyberflesh.

DaneMcCloud
07-23-2009, 01:17 AM
I just sent dickbag the following message:

"I received the refund and attached note. I do not find this to be acceptable. I won the auction and paid immediately - your failure to add a reserve is not my responsibility or problem. I'm sure you would have reacted poorly if I had suddenly decided not to pay you after winning. I want that jersey for the agreed price. If you refuse to sell it for that amount, I will leave negative feedback and file a report with ebay. I hope this will not become necessary, as I have never had to do this before, but I've never had a seller renege on me before, either. Please get back to me today (Thursday) and I will reapply payment through PayPal. If I have not heard from you by Friday morning I will take action."

We'll see what happens. If he cares about his feedback, he'll deal. If not, I'll at least take my pound of cyberflesh.

Yeah, neg him and report him.

Sellers can no longer give negative ratings to buyers, so it's in his best interest to do something.

Good luck!

Frazod
07-23-2009, 01:20 AM
We'll see what tomorrow brings. I'm off to bed. Later.

DaneMcCloud
07-23-2009, 01:22 AM
We'll see what tomorrow brings. I'm off to bed. Later.

Lata

BryanBusby
07-23-2009, 02:26 AM

Sorry, Dude.

18 months? Much longer than that.

Not much can be done really, since the seller refunded you the difference. Neg rep him and move on. If it makes you feel any better though, I'm sure he will still owe Ebay listing fees since he didn't catch the error until the auction was well over with.

FAX
07-23-2009, 04:14 AM
Oh no, bro. Just show that Joe it's apropos you owe no dough and want a quid pro quo.

He'll eat crow when you do-see-do your toe up his ho. Look out below!

Then go slow. With the flow. Like a pro. Watch HBO. Drink bordeaux, grow your fro and blow mo snow. Yo. Even so, that's low though, you know?

FAX THOREAU

Bwana
07-23-2009, 06:32 AM
There was a time when you could get a lot of deals on Ebay. You still can at times, but most of the stuff that's worth a darn, goes for around retail and the ratio of lowlife seller's has gone through the roof.

In this case, about all you can do is leave neg feedback and report him to Ebay.

LaChapelle
07-23-2009, 07:04 AM
He probably changed his mind about washing it after mowing the yard. Consider yourself lucky.

Al Bundy
07-23-2009, 07:15 AM
You did the right thing, I have been on ebay for over 10 years and the quality has really gone down hill from the early days (1998-2002). About 2004 was when it started getting really bad.

wild1
07-23-2009, 07:29 AM
It costs slightly more to make a listing with a reserve price. He probably decided to be cheap, but then when it didn't meet his expectations, just backed out.

What I hate is the power sellers. Every listing for everything is overrun by them, and if you get a discount on their items it's either VERY slight or it's wiped out by the massive shipping charges.

I ordered a part for one of my vehicles the other day, it was a dealership selling it. The local dealer didn't have anything in stock and said it would take up to 2 weeks to get it in. Well, it turns out this ebay seller is also a dealer who also does not have the item in stock. But they listed it on ebay, the scheme is that I win the auction, then they order the part, when it arrives at their place they ship it to me. They wouldn't refund my money, I just had to wait 3 weeks to get the part instead of two. All in all my savings was about 5%.

Nothing you can do but leave negative feedback like I did I suppose.

jidar
07-23-2009, 07:41 AM
Heh. So? He didn't steal your money. Yeah it sucks that you almost got a great deal and then didn't get it, but you're acting like he kicked your dog and beat your mother or something. You're not entitled to get great deals on jerseys you know.

Cash Cow
07-23-2009, 08:01 AM
Ebay is the worst place to buy anything anymore. I strictly buy from Amazon.

Frazod
07-23-2009, 08:04 AM
Heh. So? He didn't steal your money. Yeah it sucks that you almost got a great deal and then didn't get it, but you're acting like he kicked your dog and beat your mother or something. You're not entitled to get great deals on jerseys you know.

I wondered how long it would be before somebody defended this piece of shit. :shake:

J Diddy
07-23-2009, 08:13 AM

Um, you're incorrect.

According to the ebay terms of use:

When a seller lists an item on eBay and a buyer bids on or buys it, the seller and buyer enter into a contract that both members are expected to honor. For sellers, this contract includes both formal requirements, as well as informal "common-sense" obligations to provide good service to their buyers. If the seller doesn't meet these requirements, it leads to a bad experience for the buyer and may result in negative or neutral Feedback or low detailed seller ratings (DSRs) for the seller.

Sellers who don't meet these requirements and obligations are not honoring their contract and are creating bad experiences for buyers. If they create excessive bad buyer experiences compared to how much they sell, they may also be violating the seller performance policy.

Buyers can let eBay know about their experience with a seller through item not received or item significantly not as described cases, as well as through Feedback, including detailed seller ratings (DSRs).

To ensure a minimum performance standard from all sellers, we require sellers to maintain at least a 4.3 average for each DSR (Item as described, Communication, Shipping time, and Shipping and handling charges).

Sellers with one or more DSR below 4.3 may be subject to lowered standing in search results.

Sellers with one or more DSR below 4.1 may be restricted from listing until their DSRs improve.

This average is based on ratings from the past 30 days unless a seller has less than 10 DSRs for that period. In this case, eBay will evaluate DSRs over the past 12 months instead.

Sellers are also required to resolve all performance issues on accounts that are not in good standing before buying or selling with other accounts. Accounts that have been restricted or sellers who have a lowered search standing are not considered to be in good standing. Sellers who are not in good standing are not allowed to register new accounts or use an existing eBay account to avoid buying and selling restrictions or other policy consequences.

Make sure your listing follows our guidelines. If it doesn't, it may be removed, and your buying and selling privileges could be restricted.

He entered into a contract. He should have read it before he posted it. I would contact ebay fraz and definitely give him a negative review. Unfortunately you probably won't get your jersey, but it may go a long ways towards making sure this guy doesn't do it again.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-23-2009, 08:17 AM

You are as soon as the auction ends and you're the winner at a great price.

dirk digler
07-23-2009, 08:18 AM
I haven't bought anyting on eBay in a while but I thought I read somewhere they don't have negative feedback anymore?

Mr. Flopnuts
07-23-2009, 08:19 AM
I'd do everything in my power to get the guy kicked off of ebay. Matter of fact, what's his username? I'll help in the fucking of his ebay asshole.

jrowe
07-23-2009, 08:20 AM
Exact same thing happened to me on an item a few weeks ago. All I could do was neg rep and report to ebay. Sometimes, you just get too good of a deal, and the sell backs out.

Brock
07-23-2009, 08:27 AM
Nothing in terms of real consequences.

Frazod
07-23-2009, 08:39 AM
I just checked the listing - my payment has been refunded and now it says I need to pay for the item. I guess I could force the issue by submitting payment again. It's through PayPal, so it's not like he can keep the money.

Frazod
07-23-2009, 08:43 AM
I haven't bought anyting on eBay in a while but I thought I read somewhere they don't have negative feedback anymore?

Sellers apparently can no longer leave negative feedback for purchasers.

tomahawk kid
07-23-2009, 08:46 AM
I used to buy alot of stuff from eBay (jeans, shoes etc.).

I've definitely seen the prices rise overall - roughly equal to retail when you throw in shipping.

I would guess more people are "shopping around" on eBay due to the economy (looking for deals) and that's driving the prices up.

Luckily - I haven't had many issues with scumbag seller (knocks on wood).

stevieray
07-23-2009, 08:49 AM
...put a bullet right in the heart of his fridge..

Simply Red
07-23-2009, 08:51 AM

Sorry, Dude.

Amazon is the best site (for purchasing) in the world.

Kerberos
07-23-2009, 08:55 AM
Um, you're incorrect.

According to the ebay terms of use:

When a seller lists an item on eBay and a buyer bids on or buys it, the seller and buyer enter into a contract that both members are expected to honor. For sellers, this contract includes both formal requirements, as well as informal "common-sense" obligations to provide good service to their buyers. If the seller doesn't meet these requirements, it leads to a bad experience for the buyer and may result in negative or neutral Feedback or low detailed seller ratings (DSRs) for the seller.

Sellers who don't meet these requirements and obligations are not honoring their contract and are creating bad experiences for buyers. If they create excessive bad buyer experiences compared to how much they sell, they may also be violating the seller performance policy.

Buyers can let eBay know about their experience with a seller through item not received or item significantly not as described cases, as well as through Feedback, including detailed seller ratings (DSRs).

To ensure a minimum performance standard from all sellers, we require sellers to maintain at least a 4.3 average for each DSR (Item as described, Communication, Shipping time, and Shipping and handling charges).

Sellers with one or more DSR below 4.3 may be subject to lowered standing in search results.

Sellers with one or more DSR below 4.1 may be restricted from listing until their DSRs improve.

This average is based on ratings from the past 30 days unless a seller has less than 10 DSRs for that period. In this case, eBay will evaluate DSRs over the past 12 months instead.

Sellers are also required to resolve all performance issues on accounts that are not in good standing before buying or selling with other accounts. Accounts that have been restricted or sellers who have a lowered search standing are not considered to be in good standing. Sellers who are not in good standing are not allowed to register new accounts or use an existing eBay account to avoid buying and selling restrictions or other policy consequences.

Make sure your listing follows our guidelines. If it doesn't, it may be removed, and your buying and selling privileges could be restricted.

He entered into a contract. He should have read it before he posted it. I would contact ebay fraz and definitely give him a negative review. Unfortunately you probably won't get your jersey, but it may go a long ways towards making sure this guy doesn't do it again.

That is all good and might actually make some people "Warm and Fuzzy" inside but the reality is that he won't be getting his jersey and there is absolutely NOTHING he can do to get it.

Yea he can leave neg feedback and yea he can complain to ebay but what will it get him in the end besides the empty satisfaction he reported a non shipping seller that returned his money?

Frazod ... This truly does suck bawls bro. But like Dane said there are a lot of unscrupulous sellers out there and it sounds like you found one.

Radar Chief
07-23-2009, 09:00 AM
That is all good and might actually make some people "Warm and Fuzzy" inside but the reality is that he won't be getting his jersey and there is absolutely NOTHING he can do to get it.

Yea he can leave neg feedback and yea he can complain to ebay but what will it get him in the end besides the empty satisfaction he reported a non shipping seller that returned his money?

Frazod ... This truly does suck bawls bro. But like Dane said there are a lot of unscrupulous sellers out there and it sounds like you found one.

It’ll screw with the guy’s seller account, ability to sell. But yea, that’s about it.
Unless the guy has a moment of moral clarity, Frazod won’t get his jersey.

Frazod
07-23-2009, 09:00 AM

The last time I purchased something from Amazon I got hosed. Bought the first season of the original Star Trek, then discovered the DVDs were Region 2 (even the writing on the packaging was in a foreign language). I got most of my money back, but the bitch had the nerve to charge me a "restocking fee" and would not refund my shipping charges. I haven't bought anything from an independent Amazon seller since.

At least this piece of crap fully refunded my money.

Frazod
07-23-2009, 09:03 AM
It’ll screw with the guy’s seller account, ability to sell. But yea, that’s about it.
Unless the guy has a moment of moral clarity, Frazod won’t get his jersey.

It's a new seller, too. His rating was only 5 (6 now). A negative rating would really knock his dick in the dirt, but he'll probably just create a new account. Considering how he operates, this may not be the first time he'd be starting over.

tomahawk kid
07-23-2009, 09:08 AM

Is it in auction format simiar to eBay or just reduced retail pricing?

Lumpy
07-23-2009, 09:10 AM
That's why I like Craigslist. U meet the seller in person... and if they try to pull a fast one on ya, (like what happened to Fraz), u can just punch them in the face. :D

Seriously though, I hope that guy caves and u get the DT jersey. GL Fraz!

dirk digler
07-23-2009, 09:20 AM
Sellers apparently can no longer leave negative feedback for purchasers.

Ok but purchasers can still leave negative feedback?

Radar Chief
07-23-2009, 09:21 AM
Ok but purchasers can still leave negative feedback?

Yes.

dirk digler
07-23-2009, 09:23 AM
Yes.

Thanks!

MMXcalibur
07-23-2009, 09:24 AM
Could have been worse....you could have lost your money instead of having it refunded. Perhaps it's just me looking on the bright side of things....I've used EBay maybe once or twice in the past. I don't trust other people.

KCUnited
07-23-2009, 09:29 AM
Bought a sew on patch for my jacket over a month ago from this kid in the UK on ebay. After about 3 weeks I realized I never updated my new address on my Paypal. Got an email from ol boy who said the patch had been returned to him. I offered to pay him to have it resent, he wouldn't have any of it, took down my correct address and shipped it out this morning.

Ebay feel good story.

What happened to Frazod is straight bs though.

Frazod
07-23-2009, 09:41 AM
Well, the guy responded to me. Basically said that he put a reserve on the item, it didn't show up for some reason, and he's pissed at ebay too. Apologized again but won't back down. Basically gave me a "do what you've got to do" response.

I really want that jersey, and I realize it's worth more than I won it for - my top bid was substantially higher than what I ended up paying. I guess I'll give him a chance to negotiate before running to the cybercops, which won't accomplish anything anyway.

BigCatDaddy
07-23-2009, 09:47 AM
Part of the problem with prices on Ebay are all the fees. By the time you have to pay Ebay, Paypal, and shipping there isn't much to be made for the sellers.

Dallas Chief
07-23-2009, 09:47 AM
This is so way off topic but since this is about #58... I found this pic last night going through some old shoe boxes of stuff. I took this at a preseason game the Chiefs played in Norman, OK. a few years back. Bummed me out. :( Anyway...

Param
07-23-2009, 10:03 AM
I need some advice from any experienced ebayers out there.

Over the weekend I bid on and won a Derrick Thomas jersey. I paid immediately using my PayPal account.

Earlier this evening I get a message from PayPal - my money had been returned to my account, with a note from the seller saying that he had intended to add a reserve amount to the jersey but didn't, so he was backing out of the deal.

My money has been refunded, but **** that - I want that jersey. It's not my fault this idiot doesn't know what he's doing. So is there anything I can do short of simply leaving negative feedback? I'm sure he'd have done something to me if I'd suddenly decided not to pay.

What a ****ing scumbag.

Any meaningful advice would be appreciated.

I had the same problem last week. I bought an item for a great price with free shipping. Paid immediately, then waited 10 days and i finally sent an email as to where my item was. $$ was refunded. Figures...

I've about had it with ebay. They really do suck now. The nickel and dime fees left & right. Sellers backing out if an item is sold cheap, etc. ebay doesn't care about the little guy anymore. They want to be like amazon and have big retailers sell shit on their website now.

jidar
07-23-2009, 10:37 AM
I wondered how long it would be before somebody defended this piece of shit. :shake:

I'm not defending him, I'm just saying you're blowing this way the fuck out of proportion. What has this really cost you? A few minutes spent on ebay were wasted? You've wasted significantly more time and energy whining about it on the Internet than it really hit you for.

Saulbadguy
07-23-2009, 10:42 AM
Well, the guy responded to me. Basically said that he put a reserve on the item, it didn't show up for some reason, and he's pissed at ebay too. Apologized again but won't back down. Basically gave me a "do what you've got to do" response.

I really want that jersey, and I realize it's worth more than I won it for - my top bid was substantially higher than what I ended up paying. I guess I'll give him a chance to negotiate before running to the cybercops, which won't accomplish anything anyway.

I'd try to negotiate a price to buy it. Just ask him how much he'd be willing to pay.

wild1
07-23-2009, 10:46 AM

I buy a lot of 'outdoors' kind of things, for camping, hiking, and etc from there. On a major item you can often save significantly over retail.

The issue I have with Amazon is that a lot of the items you see are listed with them but actually being shipped from someone else, so you can't just throw a lot of small/medium items in your cart and check out. You're going to get dinged with multiple shipping charges that will kill your savings, and everything will come in 20 different boxes on 20 different days. It's annoying.

So you can find that $10 item down the street for $3 there, but they'll charge you $5 to box it up and ship it and you'll have to wait a week.

wild1
07-23-2009, 10:47 AM
That's why I like Craigslist. U meet the seller in person... and if they try to pull a fast one on ya, (like what happened to Fraz), u can just punch them in the face. :D

I have seen some news stories where a craigslist buyer shows up with a pistol and just takes the item, or they lure a potential buyer someplace and just rob him for the cash.

Lumpy
07-23-2009, 10:50 AM
I have seen some news stories where a craigslist buyer shows up with a pistol and just takes the item, or they lure a potential buyer someplace and just rob him for the cash.

It happens. That's why u should pack too. It levels the playing field. :D

wild1
07-23-2009, 10:53 AM
It happens. That's why u should pack too. It levels the playing field. :D

I was, on the only occasion I met someone to sell something of significant worth.

Frazod
07-23-2009, 10:53 AM
I'm not defending him, I'm just saying you're blowing this way the fuck out of proportion. What has this really cost you? A few minutes spent on ebay were wasted? You've wasted significantly more time and energy whining about it on the Internet than it really hit you for.

What can I say? I always enjoy beating a dead horse.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-23-2009, 10:54 AM

I'm sure you've never vented over anything at all in your entire life. We can all only hope to aspire to your level of zen.

Duck Dog
07-23-2009, 10:58 AM
I'm not defending him, I'm just saying you're blowing this way the **** out of proportion. What has this really cost you? A few minutes spent on ebay were wasted? You've wasted significantly more time and energy whining about it on the Internet than it really hit you for.

There has to be a term for when someone whines about someone else's whining.

jidar
07-23-2009, 10:59 AM
I'm sure you've never vented over anything at all in your entire life. We can all only hope to aspire to your level of zen.

Fair enough.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-23-2009, 11:01 AM
Fair enough.

I appreciate the level headed response. I do my fair share of the same thing I accused you of around here.

The Franchise
07-23-2009, 11:01 AM

That's why I always meet in a public place. I never go to houses....and I never reveal my address. That and I always bring 2-3 people with me when I'm selling something.

OnTheWarpath15
07-23-2009, 11:42 AM
Tim-

Check your PM's

DJ's left nut
07-23-2009, 11:50 AM
Bought a sew on patch for my jacket over a month ago from this kid in the UK on ebay. After about 3 weeks I realized I never updated my new address on my Paypal. Got an email from ol boy who said the patch had been returned to him. I offered to pay him to have it resent, he wouldn't have any of it, took down my correct address and shipped it out this morning.
Ebay feel good story.

<------------

I got it off ebay. He got a couple of calls afterward saying they'd pay more for it but he stood by the price on it, even trucked it up to Columbia for me.

Not every Ebay story sucks.

CoMoChief
07-23-2009, 11:57 AM

The Seller can't leave neg feedback on the buyer, but I believe you the buyer can leave neg feedback for the seller if he decides to fuck you over, not ship the item, and so on....

CoMoChief
07-23-2009, 11:58 AM
There has to be a term for when someone whines about someone else's whining.

I whine when people whine about other's whining problems. :D

Duck Dog
07-23-2009, 12:14 PM
I whine when people whine about other's whining problems. :D

Yep, it's a vicious cycle.

Radar Chief
07-23-2009, 12:17 PM

I hadn’t heard those stories but it’s not hard to figure out that’s a possibility.
I recently bought a 327 short block from a seller on craigslist, he gave me his address, directions to his place and you can believe I went there packing.
As it turned out I didn’t need to worry about it. Nice, straight up kinda guy.

J Diddy
07-23-2009, 12:27 PM

Hmmm, me thinks the part where I responded after posting the terms of service seem amazingly similar to what you posted here.

teedubya
07-23-2009, 12:58 PM

Well find out what his reserve was... and split the difference with him? Obviously if your bid won at a lower price... why is he to think that a higher price will sell?

Frazod
07-23-2009, 01:06 PM
Well find out what his reserve was... and split the difference with him? Obviously if your bid won at a lower price... why is he to think that a higher price will sell?

He actually just got back to me - he wants $100, which is (a) fair and (b) less than my maximum bid.

Sucks, but I want that jersey (it has the 35th & 75th anniversary patches on it, too). I think I'm going bite the bullet and pay him.

The Franchise
07-23-2009, 01:07 PM
He actually just got back to me - he wants $100, which is (a) fair and (b) less than my maximum bid.

Sucks, but I want that jersey (it has the 35th & 75th anniversary patches on it, too). I think I'm going bite the bullet and pay him.

What was the low price that you originally won it with?

Frazod
07-23-2009, 01:09 PM
What was the low price that you originally won it with?

$53.

J Diddy
07-23-2009, 01:10 PM

That's fair, just make sure you do it within the confines of ebay. Otherwise he can screw you and there's nothing you can do about it.

The Franchise
07-23-2009, 01:10 PM
What was his reserve?

JOhn
07-23-2009, 01:12 PM
What can I say? I always enjoy beating a dead horse.

:spock:

Didn't your lady say that? ROFL

Frazod
07-23-2009, 01:12 PM
That's fair, just make sure you do it within the confines of ebay. Otherwise he can screw you and there's nothing you can do about it.

Oh, absolutely.

Frazod
07-23-2009, 01:13 PM
What was his reserve?

$100

Frazod
07-23-2009, 01:14 PM
:spock:

Didn't your lady say that? ROFL

Search for threads with the word "Barbaro" in the title and you'll understand the meaning behind that remark.

The Franchise
07-23-2009, 01:15 PM
Well I guess it sucks that you have to pay twice what you should have paid....but $100 really isn't THAT BAD of a price for a DT jersey.

JOhn
07-23-2009, 01:16 PM
Search for threads with the word "Barbaro" in the title and you'll understand the meaning behind that remark.

I'm too lazy, 74 threads with that word :doh!:

*edit* nm, I found it.

Frazod
07-23-2009, 01:22 PM
Well I guess it sucks that you have to pay twice what you should have paid....but $100 really isn't THAT BAD of a price for a DT jersey.

Hell no it isn't. Especially with those patches. My max bid was around $130, so $100 works.

wild1
07-23-2009, 01:40 PM
I had the reverse situation recently. I had a part from a vehicle that was removed when I upgraded, it was as good as new and I expected to get about $50 used. Unfortunately I only got 3 or 4 bids, so it sold for $10 (plus $5 shipping). I swore and spat but sent it out the next business day.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-23-2009, 01:45 PM
Hell no it isn't. Especially with those patches. My max bid was around $130, so $100 works.

I wouldn't do it. If that was his reserve, and you won it for $53, he needs to be willing to meet you in the middle. I understand your situation, and that you want it, but you're rewarding a douchebag and I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I would find the jersey elsewhere. Now, as Ari said, if the guy wants to roll at say $75-80, then I'd make the deal and not lamblast him with Ebay. He needs to budge a little bit though.

Frazod
07-23-2009, 01:47 PM
I had the reverse situation recently. I had a part from a vehicle that was removed when I upgraded, it was as good as new and I expected to get about $50 used. Unfortunately I only got 3 or 4 bids, so it sold for $10 (plus $5 shipping). I swore and spat but sent it out the next business day.

Well, you're a lot more honorable than this friggin choad. :thumb:

Frazod
07-23-2009, 01:49 PM
I wouldn't do it. If that was his reserve, and you won it for $53, he needs to be willing to meet you in the middle. I understand your situation, and that you want it, but you're rewarding a douchebag and I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I would find the jersey elsewhere. Now, as Ari said, if the guy wants to roll at say $75-80, then I'd make the deal and not lamblast him with Ebay. He needs to budge a little bit though.

I've already made the offer.

The only reason I don't care is that $100 is a fair price.

Stryker
07-23-2009, 10:12 PM
Add another $4947 and buy this one

http://cgi.ebay.com/Derrick-Thomas-Early-1990s-Game-Used-Jersey_W0QQitemZ200364442237QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_SM_Fan_Shop?hash=item2ea6a6c27d&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A1%7C66%3A4%7C39%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A200

;)

07-23-2009, 11:36 PM
Add another $4947 and buy this one

http://cgi.ebay.com/Derrick-Thomas-Early-1990s-Game-Used-Jersey_W0QQitemZ200364442237QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_SM_Fan_Shop?hash=item2ea6a6c27d&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A1%7C66%3A4%7C39%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A200

;):eek:

Frazod
07-31-2009, 10:16 AM
I got the jersey a couple of days ago.

Like all the Mitchell & Ness jerseys I've seen, it is for some reason lacking the stripes on the end of the sleeves, but other than that it's great. Has the Chiefs 35th anniversary/NFL 75th anniversary patches from the Montana days, and fits perfectly.

So even though I paid more than I thought, overall it ended well. I'll be proudly wearing my jersey when DT is enshrined. :thumb: