PDA

View Full Version : Football Who the hell would pay over $4000 for 2 football tickets???

CanadianChief
07-23-2009, 09:19 PM
Just venting here...trying to score some tickets for the Eagles vs Giants game in Philly on Nov.1st (timing was bad for Eagles vs Chiefs in Sept.) and was just browsing around ebay. Some knob is listing 2 tickets for over 4 G's. Do people actually pay this to watch a game?

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-Tickets-Philadelphia-Eagles-Vs-New-York-Giants-11_W0QQitemZ320384590644QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Tickets_all_in_one?hash=item4a9868e334&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A1205%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

This ain't the frickin' Superbowl. Even the ticket exchange linked on the Eagles website allows season ticket holders to sell tickets well over face value. I thought this was illegal?

...and how the hell do these ticket resale places have over 2000 tickets available when I couldn't even get three tickets two minutes after they went on sale to the general public?

Anybody think my chances are good on getting tickets through a scalper come game day?

Sorry bout the rant but I never had this problem trying to get tickets to the Chiefs three years in a row.

Stryker
07-23-2009, 10:16 PM
Then you will love this!

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-Tickets-Kansas-City-Chiefs-vs-Pittsburgh-Steelers_W0QQitemZ130317383431QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Tickets_all_in_one?hash=item1e57857707&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A3%7C66%3A4%7C39%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A200

2 tickets, 1 game!

:mad:

greg63
07-23-2009, 10:20 PM
I would not pay $4000.00 for two football tickets.

That is all.

kitty78
07-23-2009, 10:53 PM
That price is outragues

Mr. Arrowhead
07-23-2009, 10:53 PM
Then you will love this!

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-Tickets-Kansas-City-Chiefs-vs-Pittsburgh-Steelers_W0QQitemZ130317383431QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Tickets_all_in_one?hash=item1e57857707&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A3%7C66%3A4%7C39%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A200

2 tickets, 1 game!

:mad:

my god, it would be cheaper to get season tickets

KCChiefsMan
07-23-2009, 10:57 PM
did the bidding really go up to $4K? isn't it illegal to list tickets to NFL/NBA/MLB, etc games for more than the initial cost of the ticket?

KcKing
07-23-2009, 10:58 PM
If anyone is interested in those Chiefs tickets... I've got some lowers I suppose I can let go for a measley 3 grand... Hell, I'll even throw in a parking pass...
Posted via Mobile Device

KCChiefsMan
07-23-2009, 11:03 PM
If anyone is interested in those Chiefs tickets... I've got some lowers I suppose I can let go for a measley 3 grand... Hell, I'll even throw in a parking pass...
Posted via Mobile Device

deduct $20 for 3 beers and we may have a deal

ChiefJustice
07-23-2009, 11:05 PM
did the bidding really go up to $4K? isn't it illegal to list tickets to NFL/NBA/MLB, etc games for more than the initial cost of the ticket?

Yeah,that's what i thought.

Normally they bypass that though by selling a t-shirt or a banner,and then
they "throw in the tickets for free".

KcKing
07-23-2009, 11:06 PM
deduct $20 for 3 beers and we may have a deal

Uhhh... I do believe I'm already offering one hell of a deal. But tell ya what, you can stop by my tailgate and split a cold one with my buddy with that thing on his lip...

I mean... If yer gonna get f***ed... You might as well get a parting gift...

Bugeater
07-24-2009, 12:43 AM
...and how the hell do these ticket resale places have over 2000 tickets available when I couldn't even get three tickets two minutes after they went on sale to the general public?
I'd love to know the answer to that question as well, the same bullshit goes on every time a big name concert comes to town.

CanadianChief
07-24-2009, 05:42 AM
I'd love to know the answer to that question as well, the same bullshit goes on every time a big name concert comes to town.

The same shit happened to me trying to get Metallica and AC/DC tickets this year. Then I see some cockstain selling a ball of lint for $500 online and that he'll throw in 2 Metallica tickets if you purchase his ball of lint for that price.

Why doesn't ticketmaster just go back to standing in line with a wrist band to get tickets. Or also it should be the same credit card that purchased them online should have to be shown when picked up. I think they do that now but for only a certain amount of tickets.

CanadianChief
07-24-2009, 05:46 AM

I thought so to and this Eagles ticket exchange is run by ticketmaster.

Skip Towne
07-24-2009, 05:46 AM
Paul McCartney is coming to Tulsa. My friend's daughter wants to get a package that costs $1700. Ridiculous.

Sandyskc
07-24-2009, 08:35 AM
The law in Missouri changed in the last couple of years and it is now legal to sell tickets for whatever you can get. It has been that way in Kansas for years.

sedated
07-24-2009, 08:40 AM

agreed.

I can understand someone picking up a couple extra tix to try to sell, but these ticket broker scams are fukn ridicurous.

Arsonist
07-24-2009, 08:47 AM
my god, it would be cheaper to get season tickets

be cheaper to by a HD flat screen TV

Otter
07-24-2009, 08:56 AM
be cheaper to by a HD flat screen TV

You could probably squeeze in Sunday Ticket in HD, a beer meister, a keg of your favorite hops and a nice takeout order from Jack Stack's as well.

A couple of us reserved tickets for the Chiefs @ Eagles game and they were right around $150 - $170 a piece for good (not great) seats.

Fook Dat Guy!

CoMoChief
07-24-2009, 10:16 AM
If it were SB tickets and the Chiefs were playing AND if I had the money to afford that, I would drop that cash in a second.

CanadianChief
07-24-2009, 10:38 AM
You could probably squeeze in Sunday Ticket in HD, a beer meister, a keg of your favorite hops and a nice takeout order from Jack Stack's as well.

A couple of us reserved tickets for the Chiefs @ Eagles game and they were right around $150 - $170 a piece for good (not great) seats.

Fook Dat Guy!

We're willing to pay around $150 as well. Mind me asking where you got the tickets from?

Otter
07-24-2009, 10:44 AM
We're willing to pay around $150 as well. Mind me asking where you got the tickets from?

It was setup by my brother who is a regular at Eagles Games. It's one of those deals where you meet in a parking lot, hop on a bus and go down to the game and back, get dropped off at your car so I didn't buy the tickets first hand.

I'll shoot him an email and ask but I'm pretty sure they were included in as a package deal through the same party who provided the bus.

I usually get them off Ebay. That's what I'm doing for the Chiefs @ Ravens game. Once it gets closer to game time people are much more eager to get rid of their tickets for a reasonable price. I'll start looking for those tickets about 3 weeks before the actual game.

EDIT: another good tip is to save the info of the people who you bought tickets off and the deal went well. A lot of them are season ticket holders who are also looking for good people to deal with when they don't want to go to a game.

88TG88
07-24-2009, 10:47 AM
When I went to Game 2 of the NBA finals some of the floor seats were 5 figures.

Hootie
07-24-2009, 10:49 AM
If it were SB tickets and the Chiefs were playing AND if I had the money to afford that, I would drop that cash in a second.
throw in a BJ from Jennifer Aniston, a truck made of gold, all you can eat pretzels, Miley Cyrus naked, and a billion dollars and I'm in as well!

CanadianChief
07-24-2009, 12:51 PM
It was setup by my brother who is a regular at Eagles Games. It's one of those deals where you meet in a parking lot, hop on a bus and go down to the game and back, get dropped off at your car so I didn't buy the tickets first hand.

I'll shoot him an email and ask but I'm pretty sure they were included in as a package deal through the same party who provided the bus.

I usually get them off Ebay. That's what I'm doing for the Chiefs @ Ravens game. Once it gets closer to game time people are much more eager to get rid of their tickets for a reasonable price. I'll start looking for those tickets about 3 weeks before the actual game.

EDIT: another good tip is to save the info of the people who you bought tickets off and the deal went well. A lot of them are season ticket holders who are also looking for good people to deal with when they don't want to go to a game.

Thanks for the tips. I think my buddy is getting worried cause we've already paid for our flights to Philly without getting any tickets to the game. We'll just wait and see what comes available once game day is closer.

CrazyPhuD
07-24-2009, 01:17 PM
I mean 4K for two tickets to a game isn't really that bad.....well provided they also throw in on demand BJs from playboy centerfolds at your seats during the game.

Otter
07-24-2009, 01:23 PM
I mean 4K for two tickets to a game isn't really that bad.....well provided they also throw in on demand BJs from playboy centerfolds at your seats during the game.

Even if by some stroke of bad luck you don't get tickets by all means still go to the game and buy them from someone selling outside. There's is always more than enough people scalping.

I'll keep an eye out in the local resources and if I see anything I'll shoot you a PM.

DaFace
07-24-2009, 01:30 PM
The law in Missouri changed in the last couple of years and it is now legal to sell tickets for whatever you can get. It has been that way in Kansas for years.

Yep. The only ones that used to have the "buy a shirt and get free tickets" crap were being sold in Missouri.