PDA

View Full Version : Life Would you want to know?

Halfcan
07-25-2009, 10:27 AM
If you could Know when you are going to die-would you want too??

CoMoChief
07-25-2009, 10:30 AM
Yes, because if it wasn't because of natural causes or health related, I would do what I could to avoid that situation.

Halfcan
07-25-2009, 10:36 AM
Yes, because if it wasn't because of natural causes or health related, I would do what I could to avoid that situation.

Exactly-like if you were to die on a Roller Coaster-I doubt you be riding one that day.

But like in Final Destination-would it just be some other way??

Bowser
07-25-2009, 10:37 AM
No, because you would become obsessed about it, especially as the time drew near. Let me mive my life on MY terms, not staring at a calender.

Halfcan
07-25-2009, 10:47 AM
No, because you would become obsessed about it, especially as the time drew near. Let me mive my life on MY terms, not staring at a calender.

Yeah I can understand that. But you would take advantage of every minute if you knew. There is a site with a death clock- I swear I got addicted to watching that thing.

seclark
07-25-2009, 10:49 AM
Yeah I can understand that. But you would take advantage of every minute if you knew.

shouldn't you anyway?
i don't wanna know.
sec

Reaper16
07-25-2009, 10:50 AM
Hell yes, I would want to know. I can handle that knowledge.

Halfcan
07-25-2009, 10:55 AM
shouldn't you anyway?
i don't wanna know.
sec

If you knew you only had a few weeks-you could load up on life insurance. I don't have any right now.

Mr. Krab
07-25-2009, 11:49 AM
Absolutely. It would be a good thing to have time to put your affairs in order.

JuicesFlowing
07-25-2009, 11:55 AM
Yes, I would want to know, but there is no way to change it, if you knew ...

JuicesFlowing
07-25-2009, 11:58 AM

True, but it would allow you to say your goodbyes in time and take care of all your personal business. My biggest fear is dying without being able to say goodbye to my wife or son. If I knew when, then I wouldn't have that fear in my life. Jesus this is a morbid thread.

Ebolapox
07-25-2009, 12:16 PM
would I want to know when I finally get to meet chuck norris, vin diesel and rich scanlon? fuck yes.

jrowe
07-25-2009, 12:16 PM
When - yes. How - no. Seems like a good balance. Plus, I wouldn't waste money on life insurance unnecessarily in the meantime. Just buy it a a year or so before death.

Earthling
07-25-2009, 12:28 PM
Hell yes I would want to know..I'd spend the last two days prior making sure I had all my bases covered as far as religion goes...:D

seclark
07-25-2009, 12:35 PM
If you knew you only had a few weeks-you could load up on life insurance. I don't have any right now.

i'm betting that if people knew when they were going to die, there wouldn't be any life insurance companies.
sed

Dr. Johnny Fever
07-25-2009, 12:40 PM
Hell yes I would want to know..I'd spend the last two days prior making sure I had all my bases covered as far as religion goes...:D

God loves your attitude.

:)

Scorp
07-25-2009, 12:46 PM
Religion is over rated, the aliens that created us do not care what you believe.

stevieray
07-25-2009, 12:46 PM
Nope

Otter
07-25-2009, 12:54 PM
This whole premise is flawed.

What if your death was to be brought on by being shot while mugged, or hit by a car, or tripping on an acorn and hitting your temple on the corner of the side walk, or riding your bike and turning to check out a chicks buns the second you approach the ultimate endo?

Would anyone really be doing any of those things when zero hour arrived? No, probably not. Most would be sitting in an embrace with their family and some divine intervention would need to take place for the death to occur; a lighting strike or simply having the life force yanked from your body.

One of the 7 naked 20-year old girls running around my Las Vegas Penthouse would probably have to club me over the head with a tequila bottle because she found a suitcase with my life savings in the bed room but you see my point.

Knowing would alter the course of events, thus, a flawed concept.

And your total lack of the Gaz option for my response makes your poll even worse.

LaChapelle
07-25-2009, 01:03 PM
Too many people would want to take out others with them when their time came. Of course others would know this, cause they would know their fate as well. And the cat and mouse games would begin. Great movie perhaps, not real life.

Halfcan
07-25-2009, 01:12 PM
Absolutely. It would be a good thing to have time to put your affairs in order.

thats what I thought too

Halfcan
07-25-2009, 01:14 PM
This whole premise is flawed.

What if your death was to be brought on by being shot while mugged, or hit by a car, or tripping on an acorn and hitting your temple on the corner of the side walk, or riding your bike and turning to check out a chicks buns the second you approach the ultimate endo?

Would anyone really be doing any of those things when zero hour arrived? No, probably not. Most would be sitting in an embrace with their family and some divine intervention would need to take place for the death to occur; a lighting strike or simply having the life force yanked from your body.

One of the 7 naked 20-year old girls running around my Las Vegas Penthouse would probably have to club me over the head with a tequila bottle because she found a suitcase with my life savings in the bed room but you see my point.

Knowing would alter the course of events, thus, a flawed concept.

And your total lack of the Gaz option for my response makes your poll even worse.

So basically you are saying it is all ready predetermined-we do Not control our own destinys??

Fish
07-25-2009, 01:51 PM
Absolutely not. A countdown timer on your life would be one of the most depressing things imaginable. Even if you think it would help you "sort things out in time". Well that's a bunch of bull. Your entire outlook would change dramatically, and I doubt many would be able to actually handle the "knowing".

If you're not living life to the fullest without knowing when, then maybe you need to evaluate your own priorities. Fear of death should never be the motivation for telling loved ones that you care. That's pretty shallow. Live every day like it's the last, and you won't have to worry about when. It won't matter.

Otter
07-25-2009, 02:40 PM
So basically you are saying it is all ready predetermined-we do Not control our own destinys??

I believe we don't control our own destiny to a point.

I do not know if it's predetermined but I don't think so.

I believe humans overall have a inflated sense of self-importance thus giving us the illusion we're "special". Some stroke of luck gave us a greater frontal lobe and thumbs in the evolutionary ladder.

Once you get out of our concrete jungles it becomes quiet obvious we're no longer at the top of the food chain.

It's not black and white and there's many things we don't understand. I have no answers, just observations.

Halfcan
07-25-2009, 02:49 PM
Absolutely not. A countdown timer on your life would be one of the most depressing things imaginable. Even if you think it would help you "sort things out in time". Well that's a bunch of bull. Your entire outlook would change dramatically, and I doubt many would be able to actually handle the "knowing".

If you're not living life to the fullest without knowing when, then maybe you need to evaluate your own priorities. Fear of death should never be the motivation for telling loved ones that you care. That's pretty shallow. Live every day like it's the last, and you won't have to worry about when. It won't matter.

Excellent post. My thought was-if I knew that some excaped crack head was going to rob a grocery store and shoot everyone in there including me-I could be ready for him and not only save my own life but others. Or if a plane was going down... ect.

But if the Reaper will still find you-It is pointless.

Rausch
07-25-2009, 03:55 PM

I don't think anyone has complete control over their life.

You don't make a choice to have your wife cheat on you, get cancer, or have a buddy die in a car crash. Those are just random things that happen. All you can control is how you act or feel, but the rest of the world is doing its own thing and you have no power over that...

KCChiefsMan
07-25-2009, 04:09 PM
heck ya I would want to know. If it were next week I'm gonna go visit my family till then.

Halfcan
07-25-2009, 04:17 PM
I think I am going to find out.

A friend of mine goes to a lady that does readings for her. The lady is like 93 but has been dead on about all her info. She once told my friend to have her fiance get his affairs in order-and he died within the month.

I am very skeptical-but I just want to know.

Rain Man
07-25-2009, 04:32 PM
Even if you knew the date, there's always a chance that your lawyers could win an appeal.

Halfcan
07-25-2009, 04:59 PM
Even if you knew the date, there's always a chance that your lawyers could win an appeal.

ROFL

and here I thought you would enlighten us with a grand designs of forward thinking and infinate wisdom-goes to show-life is unpredictable.

58kcfan89
07-25-2009, 05:05 PM
Not to make this a religion thread, but Jesus (assuming you believe this) knew the exact time, place and way that he would die and it doesn't sound like much fun.

So no, I wouldn't want to know. Too depressing any way you look at it...

Halfcan
07-25-2009, 05:10 PM
Not to make this a religion thread, but Jesus (assuming you believe this) knew the exact time, place and way that he would die and it doesn't sound like much fun.

So no, I wouldn't want to know. Too depressing any way you look at it...

BUT....

he Could have prevented it by moving on in hiding. He Chose to create havok in the temple with the merchants, thereby being arrested, there by fullfilling his destiny.