View Full Version : Chiefs River Falls

LaChapelle
07-26-2009, 10:58 AM
WELCOME
CHIEFS HOLD 19TH TRAINING CAMP AT UWRF IN AUGUST

http://www.uwrf.edu/chiefs/

By Renee Thony
University Communications

The Kansas City Chiefs return for the 19th consecutive year to UW-River Falls for their summer training camp hat will run for almost three weeks in August.

The Chiefs have called River Falls their training camp home since 1991, but things will be a little different for the club this year.

A big change is in the front office where Scott Pioli is now the team’s general manager. He was named the team’s fifth general manager in January and replaced Carl Peterson. Pioli, a native of Washingtonville, N.Y., spent the 2000-2008 seasons with the New England Patriots. He was the vice president of player personnel. He has also spent time with the Cleveland Browns (1992-95), Baltimore Ravens (1996) and New York Jets (1997-99). Most of his time with those teams was in the player personnel department.

Not only did the Chiefs sign several key free agents and pick 10 new players in the NFL Draft, but they are also under new command as Head Coach Todd Haley takes the reigns.

Haley has spent 13 years as a NFL coach and 15 years in the league overall. The Chiefs look to his record of success for leadership in the upcoming season. Haley, a native of Atlanta, Ga., was the offensive coordinator of the Arizona Cardinals the past two years and helped that team to last year’s Super Bowl.

Haley brings with him Maurice Carthon as assistant head coach; new defensive coordinator Clancy Pendergast; new linebackers coach, Gary Gibbs; Steve Hoffman as the new special teams coach; new offensive line coach Bill Muir; and Dedric Ward as the wide receivers coach.

The Chiefs will arrive at River Falls on Thursday, July 30. The first day of practice will be Saturday, Aug. 1.

Another difference from past years is the way practices will be conducted. Before, the Chiefs practice twice a day, everyday. This year, however, the team will alternate practicing once and twice each day.

On the days when the team practicess only once, the practice will run from 2-4 in the afternoon. During two-a-days, the team will practice from 9-11 in the morning and then again from 4:30-6:30 in the afternoon. All practices, except Family Fun Day, are free and open to the public.

The Punt, Pass and Kick competition, sponsored by Kwik Trip Stores, will be held on Aug. 1. The event is an opportunity for young participants to show off their football skills while kicking and throwing footballs in different age divisions. Participants can register at the practice fields starting at 11 a.m., or there is on-line registration at this site. The free event is for boys and girls age 8-13. There are two divisions for girls - age 8-10 and 11-13 and six divisions for boys - age 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13.

On Wednesday, Aug. 5 and Wednesday, Aug. 12, Kids’ Days will be held. During Kids’ Days games can be expected as well as discounts on concession stand food. The events will be from 9-11 a.m. The events are free. Call 715-425-3771 for more information or to register.

Saturday, Aug. 8 marks the annual Family Fun Day. In past years, the event was held during the evening, but this year, the activities will be held during the Chiefs’ afternoon practice.

Family Fun Day, sponsored by Viking Coca Cola of River Falls, gives fans a chance to get photos and autographs of their favorite Chief players and coaches. Food and beverages will be being sold, and there will be a wide range of other activities for the entire family. Gates open at 11 a.m. The popular Chiefs Experience will be available again. The Chiefs will sign autographs starting at 1:30 p.m., and a scheduled two-hour practice will start at 2 p.m. Admission is $7 for adults and free for children under 18.

The Chiefs have several pre-season games including one versus the Houston Texans at Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City on Saturday, Aug. 15.

Monday, Aug. 17 will be Seniors Day. Seniors Day offers perks for senior citizens who attend the event, which will run during the team’s morning practice (9-11 a.m.) that day. The event is free. Call 715-425-3771 for more information or to register.

The team will break training camp on Thursday, Aug. 20.

On Friday, Aug. 21 the Chiefs have a pre-season matchup with the Minnesota Vikings at the Metrodome.

CHIEFS SET TRAINING CAMP DATES AT UW-RIVER FALLS

The Kansas City Chiefs announced on Tuesday, May 26, that dates have been set for the club’s training camp at the University of Wisconsin-River Falls. The Chiefs have called UW-River Falls their training camp home since 1991 and will return to Western Wisconsin for the 19th consecutive year in 2009.

The Chiefs will depart for River Falls on Thursday, July 30 with the first day of scheduled activities taking place on Friday, July 31. The team will conduct its initial training camp practice on Saturday, Aug. 1. Family Fun Day is scheduled for Saturday, Aug. 8. The Chiefs will open their 2009 preseason schedule with a contest vs. Houston on Saturday, Aug. 15 at Arrowhead Stadium. The club is currently scheduled to break camp on Thursday, Aug. 20. The team will return to Kansas City following its second preseason game at Minnesota on Friday, Aug. 21.
Kansas City continues its 2009 preseason schedule when the club hosts Seattle on Saturday, Aug. 29, a match-up that serves as the Chiefs Charity Game. The Chiefs will close out their preseason schedule with a Governor’s Cup match-up at St. Louis on Thursday, Sept. 3.

More information on specific practice times, dates and policies for training camp will be announced at a later date. All dates and times are subject to change.

2009 CHIEFS TRAINING CAMP AND PRESEASON SCHEDULE
Thursday, July 30 Depart for Training Camp – River Falls, WI
Friday, July 31 Begin Training Camp – River Falls, WI
Saturday, Aug. 1 First Day of Practice – River Falls, WI
Saturday, Aug. 8 Family Fun Day – River Falls, WI
Saturday, Aug. 15 Kansas City vs. Houston – Arrowhead Stadium (7 PM CT)
Thursday, Aug. 20 Break Training Camp – River Falls, WI
Friday, Aug. 21 Kansas City at Minnesota – H.H.H. Metrodome (7 PM CT)
Saturday, August 29 Kansas City vs. Seattle – Arrowhead Stadium (7 PM CT)
Thursday, Sept. 3 Kansas City at St. Louis – Edward Jones Dome (7 PM CT)

Mr. Arrowhead
07-26-2009, 11:02 AM
my god im ready for some chief football, about this time i get really anxious, of course im sure the Royals lack of play help that cause.

LaChapelle
07-26-2009, 11:04 AM
Haley, that MOFO'n prick

Another difference from past years is the way practices will be conducted. Before, the Chiefs practice twice a day, everyday. This year, however, the team will alternate practicing once and twice each day.

Mr. Arrowhead
07-26-2009, 11:13 AM
Haley, that MOFO'n prick

what an ass

Skip Towne
07-26-2009, 11:19 AM
So who is going to camp?

aturnis
07-26-2009, 12:55 PM
Haley, that MOFO'n prick

One of Haley's practices will be more productive, and more telling than two of Herm's practices could ever be. Herm was a lazy coach who made lazy players.

aturnis
07-26-2009, 12:57 PM
So who is going to camp?

The Chiefs.

JuicesFlowing
07-26-2009, 01:08 PM
One of Haley's practices will be more productive, and more telling than two of Herm's practices could ever be. Herm was a lazy coach who made lazy players.

Herm's teams were never ready for week 1. Let's hope that changes this year.

boogblaster
07-26-2009, 07:48 PM
Not this year but next year Im goin to St Joe for camp ...

Hammock Parties
07-26-2009, 07:52 PM
The new practice schedule is nice.

-King-
07-26-2009, 08:10 PM
The Chiefs.

ROFLROFLROFL

Cant wait for football to begin though. This feels like the longest off season we've had in a long time.

Titty Meat
07-26-2009, 08:26 PM
The march to the Super Bowl

alanm
07-26-2009, 08:42 PM
UWRF is in denial. In that whole article they didn't mention that this is the last camp in Wisconsin.

milkman
07-26-2009, 08:53 PM
Herm's teams were never ready for week 1. Let's hope that changes this year.

Based on what we've read about Haley's demands for the player's conditioning, I fully expect them to be ready for the season.

Mr. Kotter
07-26-2009, 08:54 PM
So who is going to camp?

I'll be there again, with my (now, 13 yr old) son and my 15 yr old niece.

We'll be around August 6-8, if anyone wants to have a beer or two over pizza at Steve's...or something else.

UWRF is in denial. In that whole article they didn't mention that this is the last camp in Wisconsin.

Probably right, but why would they dwell on that; that's also what they said last year too....though.

FAX
07-26-2009, 08:56 PM
This feels like the longest off season we've had in a long time.

How true.

Interminable. It seems like 5 years since Herm was canned. My expectations are high ... not for this year, but for the overall changes in the attitude and direction of the team.

Go Chiefs!

FAX

stevieray
07-26-2009, 08:56 PM
Looking forward to St Joe. Going this year would be disappointing, other than to get a sneak peek.

JMO.

Mr. Kotter
07-26-2009, 08:58 PM
Looking forward to St Joe. Going this year would be disappointing, other than to get a sneak peek.

JMO.

You skipping the trip this year, then? :shrug:

Guess we might see you next year in St. Joe, if that actually happens. :thumb:

Hammock Parties
07-26-2009, 08:59 PM
I'm not coming this year. See you guys in St. Joe next year.

Mr. Kotter
07-26-2009, 09:02 PM

Fuggin' pussy. :shrug:

Afraid my 13 year old....or even his 15 yr old female cousin, would kick your azz? Aren't you? They wanted to last year, but I convinced them you were gay and it wouldn't be "fair."

;)

Hammock Parties
07-26-2009, 09:09 PM
The city of River Falls actually banned for me for gross hedonism.

stevieray
07-26-2009, 09:10 PM
You skipping the trip this year, then? :shrug:

Guess we might see you next year in St. Joe, if that actually happens. :thumb:

I'm going to Canton instead....with Bob Dole.

:rockon:

sportsman1
07-26-2009, 09:11 PM
I am definitely going to St.Joe. Looking forward to that. Facilities look like they will be top notch.

Mr. Kotter
07-26-2009, 09:12 PM
I'm going to Canton instead....with Bob Dole.

:rockon:

Enjoy. Wish I could be there....but this trek to RiverFalls is a 6, now 7 year, tradition with the boy. You understand. Drink a couple for me. :toast:

Mr. Kotter
07-26-2009, 09:13 PM
The city of River Falls actually banned for me for gross hedonism.

That DAMN puritanical-Victorian night desk clerk! :cuss:

LMAO

Sully
07-27-2009, 11:12 AM
Think we might make a 2-3 day trip. I'm really gonna miss the trip. Though it's closer, I don't know that I'll ever go to St Joe.

Gonna miss going to Coach's and drinking cheap beers and playing cards, while laughing at all the media folks trying to impress one another.

Jilly
07-27-2009, 11:15 AM
Think we might make a 2-3 day trip. I'm really gonna miss the trip. Though it's closer, I don't know that I'll ever go to St Joe.

Gonna miss going to Coach's and drinking cheap beers and playing cards, while laughing at all the media folks trying to impress one another.

so when are we taking this trip?

dirk digler
07-27-2009, 11:19 AM
I wish I was going this year. We really liked going to River Falls and the Wisconsin area.

Sully
07-27-2009, 11:52 AM
so when are we taking this trip?

Leave Sunday, drive back Wednesday.

Jilly
07-27-2009, 01:15 PM
Leave Sunday, drive back Wednesday.

3 nights?

tomahawk kid
07-27-2009, 01:34 PM

Isn't that the truth.

Biggest group of collective d-bags in history.

Coach's itself is quality - along with Steve's.

Also spent alot of time in the Stillwater area.

Not making the trip this year due to the birth of our first child.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-27-2009, 04:47 PM

Ha-Ha! You gotta' go to St. Joe from here on out, city-slicker. Brush up on your motor-oil talk and pack a few Marshall Tucker Band cd's in your bag and you'll be just fine.

Tips for scoring:

1) Create your own, definitive mullet so that you may stand out from the pack.

2) Do not publicly express a preference for women with teeth over women without and,

3) Don't be cheap; spend the extra buck or two and treat her to fine-dining at the local Arby's.

:thumb:

LaChapelle
07-27-2009, 09:01 PM
First round signings link

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/07/27/signing-status-of-2009-first-round-picks/

BarrySPAMAID
07-27-2009, 11:46 PM
I just wanted to chime in here, and say to everyone here on the Planet that I will be attending training camp from July 31st- August 8th. I am hoping to do a video blog while I am there. Expect it to be laced with Koolaid, and a lighter side of the team.

For those of you going, I thought I would mention that I am going.

Skip Towne
07-28-2009, 07:26 AM
Reins, not reigns

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-28-2009, 09:07 AM
I just wanted to chime in here, and say to everyone here on the Planet that I will be attending training camp from July 31st- August 8th. I am hoping to do a video blog while I am there. Expect it to be laced with Koolaid, and a lighter side of the team.

For those of you going, I thought I would mention that I am going.

I look forward to your video Kool-Aid blog with much anticipation. Have a great trip!

Chiefnj2
07-28-2009, 09:22 AM
First round signings link

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/07/27/signing-status-of-2009-first-round-picks/

Someone made a good point in the discussion there. Jackson's agent is the same agent as the #10 pick. If he can get above average value for Crabtree he stands a better chance of getting more money for Jackson.