PDA

View Full Version : Royals Forget Zack....Pena Jr. Will Be The Ace Now..

Consistent1
07-26-2009, 02:01 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AtMZX0yFKxKXXCVBSAebMq4RvLYF?slug=ap-royals-pena&prov=ap&type=lgns

Demonpenz
07-26-2009, 02:22 PM
i know he can't hit worth a shit or he would be still in the majors, but that would be sweet to use the DH on somewhere else but on a pitcher

T-post Tom
07-26-2009, 02:26 PM
His dad must have something juicy on the Glass family.

Dr. Johnny Fever
07-26-2009, 06:10 PM
Since he worked that perfect 9th against Detroit and struck out Ivan Rodriguez last year its been a bit of a running joke to put him on the mound when we're in trouble with me and some friends. Sadly if it had happened more he couldn't have done much worse than some guys who've pitched for us for a living.

If he's got something that may be able to be built upon then I'm all for it. Never know, you just may stumble onto something you didn't know you had. Rick Ankeil couldn't pitch and people laughed when he was made into an outfielder and now he's a damn good one with an often dangerous bat. If TPJ can make the switch and have a more successful career then more power to him. Kudos to the Royals for thinking outside the box and trying to at least find out if it can work. They have nothing to lose and maybe something to gain.

kstater
07-26-2009, 06:40 PM
LMAO Yup, this team is headed in the right direction.

Dr. Johnny Fever
07-26-2009, 07:06 PM
LMAO Yup, this team is headed in the right direction.

Ron Mahay and Brian Bannister started as position players too. Joe Nathan was a ss first. Others have made the switch too. You never know what could happen.

CoMoChief
07-26-2009, 07:22 PM
Since he worked that perfect 9th against Detroit and struck out Ivan Rodriguez last year its been a bit of a running joke to put him on the mound when we're in trouble with me and some friends. Sadly if it had happened more he couldn't have done much worse than some guys who've pitched for us for a living.

If he's got something that may be able to be built upon then I'm all for it. Never know, you just may stumble onto something you didn't know you had. Rick Ankeil couldn't pitch and people laughed when he was made into an outfielder and now he's a damn good one with an often dangerous bat. If TPJ can make the switch and have a more successful career then more power to him. Kudos to the Royals for thinking outside the box and trying to at least find out if it can work. They have nothing to lose and maybe something to gain.

Sadly this mentality could be used for just about 1/2 the players on this team.

58kcfan89
07-26-2009, 07:40 PM
Jeez, it took them this long to try this full-time? If you MUST have him on the roster, don't let it be at SS. That's the only positive about this, that he's not a SS anymore.

That being said, I still want him off my team. Unless he turns into an amazing arm, then trade him for another Jacobs. Or Nefi Perez. Or a Buck/Teahen package.

wild1
07-26-2009, 08:00 PM
He's headed out of the league, may as well try it. Let him throw at some batters in AA. Nothing to lose.

Reaper16
07-26-2009, 08:57 PM
If he comes into fruition as a pitcher and settles into the setup man role... those bobbleheads from last year that weren't smashed in the parking lot will become hot commodities.

wild1
07-26-2009, 09:53 PM
it would be quite unusual for a pitcher to wear #1

SPATCH
07-26-2009, 09:58 PM
bout goddamn time