PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Would we have fared any better with Huard vs IND in '06?

MMXcalibur
07-27-2009, 09:40 AM
We snuck in in Week 17 thanks to the planets aligning....

Green was the QB and we didn't record a first down for the entire 1st half. The one time we did have a shot at points, Tynes shanks one....

Think we would have fared better with Huard at QB that day.....or were we boned from the get go? Not quite the Gannon/Grbac debate that enraged years earlier....but just interested in seeing what people thought on that playoff debacle.

Mr. Arrowhead
07-27-2009, 09:40 AM
we still would have lost

CoMoChief
07-27-2009, 09:44 AM
Our offensive game plan was TERRIBLE that week, so I highly doubt it.

I think the game plan was run run run run run run no matter how many was in the box.

Sofa King
07-27-2009, 09:50 AM
run run incompletion punt. every time..

Hammock Parties
07-27-2009, 09:52 AM
After a blocked punt, Huard would have hit Tim Barnett in the back of the end zone for the game-tying touchdown.

chiefs1111
07-27-2009, 09:52 AM
We could of had Joe Montana in his prime and would of lost that game. The game plan and play calling were terrible.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-27-2009, 09:55 AM
Jesus Christ, why the hell are you acknowledging this fuck-up's existence?

Chandler Bing has left the building.

Thank God.

Huffman83
07-27-2009, 10:07 AM
What's this we stuff?

Demonpenz
07-27-2009, 10:07 AM
our line couldn't block anyone, our wideouts couldn't catch anything. Huard would have been knocked out, we didn't belong there and got embarrassed. I was hoping we were going to do half back passes reverses since we weren't supposed to be there, instead we did what I feared the most, wanting to win a 10-7 game. If I recall correctly that was right around the time boise state threw the entire playbook at oklahoma and there it was right there, how you take down a giant and leave everything on the field. Terrible.

MMXcalibur
07-27-2009, 10:16 AM
What's this we stuff?

I hate people like you.

King_Chief_Fan
07-27-2009, 10:17 AM
The Chiefs getting to the playoff was the debacle. Yes, they were there but playing the Colts with Herm as headcoach? The guy who never makes 2nd half adjustments regardless of score? Nope, it didn't matter, Chiefs were hosed from the start. It didn't matter who the QB was. This team was destined for failure the minute Herm was hired, It didn't matter who the QB was.

88TG88
07-27-2009, 10:31 AM
Didn't they win the championship that year ?

CoMoChief
07-27-2009, 11:11 AM
Didn't they win the championship that year ?

Yes, their run defense was TERRIBLE that year, but for some reason their defense turned it up a notch or 2 in the playoffs and actually carried that team against the Ravens.

Huffman83
07-27-2009, 11:14 AM
I hate people like you.

And I hate people who are spectators thinking they can take credit and are apart of a teams victory and failure.

Those guys work their asses off. You turned on a TV or bought a ticket.

You don't go see a band that plays well and say "We kicked ass."

No....that band kicked ass. You bought a ticket and enjoyed a good show. You're not in the band.

Get a job as a towel boy and then you MIGHT be able to use the word "Team."

MMXcalibur
07-27-2009, 11:14 AM
Yes, their run defense was TERRIBLE that year, but for some reason their defense turned it up a notch or 2 in the playoffs and actually carried that team against the Ravens.

My buddy was a Colts fan and I kept harping on him that their poor defense was going to knock the Colts over eventually. In '03 when the Chiefs defense sucked shit, that was the Achilles Heel of that team and it did 'em in (thanks to the Colts....what irony).

It would fucking figure that the '06 Colts defense blew ass all season and THEN turned it up in the playoffs to win the Super Bowl.

Fuck you, football gods. :cuss:

MMXcalibur
07-27-2009, 11:16 AM
And I hate people who are spectators thinking they can take credit and are apart of a teams victory and failure.

No....that band kicked ass. You bought a ticket and enjoyed a good show. You're not in the band.

Exactly how much sand is in your vagina?

MahiMike
07-27-2009, 11:16 AM
Dude, that game had NO punts! Only way we win was to onside kick every kickoff after our TD's. They were gonna score no matter what. If we had recovered just one kick, we win.

Bwana
07-27-2009, 11:17 AM
Huard

ROFL

Demonpenz
07-27-2009, 11:18 AM
Dude, that game had NO punts! Only way we win was to onside kick every kickoff after our TD's. They were gonna score no matter what. If we had recovered just one kick, we win.

that was 03, 06 had plenty of punts

Huffman83
07-27-2009, 11:19 AM
Exactly how much sand is in your vagina?

Enough to not be able to bring up stupid topics that this website went over 2 and a half years ago.

Demonpenz
07-27-2009, 11:22 AM

you don't know shit a bands ability to kick ass has alot to do with the people attending. I am sure you wouldn't say "that band kicked ass! If people were sitting there like St. Louis Dave Matthews fans

MMXcalibur
07-27-2009, 11:28 AM
Enough to not be able to bring up stupid topics that this website went over 2 and a half years ago.

Only reason I brought it up was because I was having a discussion with previously stated fan about the game and the conversation of if Huard would have fared better came up. I said "No, with the Colts atrocious run defense, Larry Johnson was gonna make that '06 team sink or swim.", but decided to see what the rest of my fellow Chief fans thought.

As for the whole "we" thing, my thinking is that if I purchase something I'm supporting the team. Yes, I'm not on the field making plays or dishing out water to the players, but I like to think I'm assisting the team in doing better by providing revenue. That's my thinking and I'm very sure the Chiefs see very little to none of that money. Still, you say "potato" and I say "potato" (That really doesn't work online....). I don't think it was necessary to point it out...I'm sure there are lots of other who do the same thing :spock:

Huffman83
07-27-2009, 11:30 AM
True but I've seen bands play to 8 people that put more into it than bands I've seen play arenas.

Those 8 people or 20,000 people didn't play a note. But we can go around on this all day.

None of us have put on pads and played a down in a Chiefs uniform. Be a fan and enjoy fine. But don't think just because you bought a ticket doesn't mean you have the right to make a decision for the team.

To every team, we're all just drunk guy #12 and 142. One guy flips burgers at McDonalds and the other might be a lawyer. But they know shit about football.

Then again...the fry cook probably knew more than Herm.

LaChapelle
07-27-2009, 11:35 AM
Huard on the field does not remove Herm's tongue from Dungy's ass.

Huffman83
07-27-2009, 11:38 AM
Huard on the field does not remove Herm's tongue from Dungy's ass.

End of thread.
:clap:

CoMoChief
07-27-2009, 11:39 AM

You need your diapers changed.

Many sports teams fans refer to themselves as "we" because really in the grand scheme of things, it's an organization as a whole. Without fans, there wouldn't be a team in KC. In return fans pay for a service of entertainment and expect so called mgmt to put a good product on the field to compete. Cities get attached to their sports teams. And a SB world championship or a race for the pennant (MLB) can bring a small market city like KC together.

So really the morale of this story is SHUT THE **** UP!!!!!

You are more than welcome to leave if you please.

Huffman83
07-27-2009, 11:42 AM
You need your diapers changed.

Many sports teams fans refer to themselves as "we" because really in the grand scheme of things, it's an organization as a whole. Without fans, there wouldn't be a team in KC. In return fans pay for a service of entertainment and expect so called mgmt to put a good product on the field to compete. Cities get attached to their sports teams. And a SB world championship or a race for the pennant (MLB) can bring a small market city like KC together.

So really the morale of this story is SHUT THE **** UP!!!!!

You are more than welcome to leave if you please.

yer cute.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-27-2009, 11:44 AM
End of thread.
:clap:

A thread dedicated to most absurd and useless play off appearance ever.

Ridiculous.

CoMoChief
07-27-2009, 11:45 AM

You're thinking of the 2003 game......not 2006.

sportsman1
07-27-2009, 11:46 AM
Sports are the way that cities/states can bond together, and feel achievement over other cities/states. The fans ultimately make it go round, so to say its the same as watching a band isn't true. Reiterating CoMo with This ^

CoMoChief
07-27-2009, 11:48 AM
yer cute.

You're a dumbass.

Huffman83
07-27-2009, 11:51 AM
I know it makes you feel sweaty and gets your dick hard. But I just don't get the whole "we." thing.

Support...yes I get that. But just because I support something doesn't mean I own it or apart of it. I get how Green Bay can say we however!

This is semantics though. But you have to admit that it's a better conversation than the last Indy/KC playoff game.

Huffman83
07-27-2009, 11:52 AM
You're a dumbass.

Aww c'mon don't say that. I thought we were bonding!

FAX
07-27-2009, 11:55 AM
So ... I guess this means that we really didn't go to the moon.

FAX

CoMoChief
07-27-2009, 12:16 PM
Aww c'mon don't say that. I thought we were bonding!

:spock: Are you 12?

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-27-2009, 12:19 PM
I know it makes you feel sweaty and gets your dick hard. But I just don't get the whole "we." thing.

Support...yes I get that. But just because I support something doesn't mean I own it or apart of it. I get how Green Bay can say we however!

This is semantics though. But you have to admit that it's a better conversation than the last Indy/KC playoff game.

Anything is a better topic than that abortion of an anomaly.

Huffman83
07-27-2009, 12:21 PM
:spock: Are you 12?

Do you want me to be?

Sick bastard!

wild1
07-27-2009, 12:23 PM
That was one of the worst teams ever to make the playoffs. Who cares?

CoMoChief
07-27-2009, 12:25 PM
Do you want me to be?

Sick bastard!

Do you have pubes? If so you're game in my book.

Huffman83
07-27-2009, 12:26 PM
Do you have pubes? If so you're game in my book.

Give me a week, I just shaved. :D

kysirsoze
07-27-2009, 12:58 PM
The Chiefs, for better or worse, represent the city of KC in the NFL. In that sense it is completely appropriate for someone from that city to use "we" when describing them. Obviously you can get carried away with your feeling of importance to the team, but that's not the same thing.

Hootie
07-27-2009, 01:25 PM
Here was the problem with Green that year...and what I've said all along.

Green was too good of a QB for Herm and the Chiefs that year...he wasn't comfortable throwing the ball to covered receivers like Huard...

Huard was never any good...but he was comfortable with making risky passes in order to keep from being sacked...

He would heave it to Tony Gonzalez when in doubt...and more often than not...Tony Gonzalez made the catch...and it turned into some scoring drives...when Green was on the field...it didn't happen...and it cost the Chiefs that season.

Would they have beaten the Colts? Highly doubt it...

But it would have been a much more competitive game.

Titty Meat
07-27-2009, 01:28 PM
The season needs to start so there won't be threads like this

Pioli Zombie
07-27-2009, 01:55 PM

Mr sunshine needs a big hug.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-27-2009, 01:58 PM
The season needs to start so there won't be threads like this

Topics at the Mange have become downright surreal; those people are trippin'.

JuicesFlowing
07-27-2009, 02:07 PM
I don't know, but that was the worst Chiefs game I have ever watched, ever. Although that last game last year against the Bungles ranks right up there ...

lostcause
07-27-2009, 03:04 PM
it could have been peyton manning running that offense.... but with that play calling and nobody on the oline that could stop freeney - it wouldn't have been any better.

kysirsoze
07-27-2009, 03:20 PM
We would have lost, but it wouldn't have been hands down the worst first half of playoff offense the NFL has ever seen. It would have been a much more forgettable playoff loss.