PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink Great Sandwiches from CP

mlyonsd
07-27-2009, 04:47 PM
So I'm eyeballing the first tomato I have starting to ripen on the vine and can't wait to be able to pick it. That gave me a thought.

What are some of the best CP homemade sandwiches out there?

I love BLT's but have decided this one is a great variation:

Grilled cheese with bacon and tomato. I take good bread, buttered, and grill open faced, with cheese on each slice. Both American and Cheddar work well. I put a home grown tomato slice on one side (patted dry) and bacon on the other. Slap the two sides together and grill for another 30 seconds or so on both sides. Served with a good soup it makes a great evening meal.

So, what great sandwich ideas are out there on CP? Please note I plan on opening a B&B someday and just might use your ideas. :)

keg in kc
07-27-2009, 04:50 PM
This should be interesting. I see much antifreeze and poop in your future.

MoreLemonPledge
07-27-2009, 04:56 PM
An antifreeze poop sandwich. It's two pieces of poop with antifreeze in the middle. Microwave for 1 minute and enjoy.

cdcox
07-27-2009, 04:56 PM
1. Grilled salami and hot pepper cheese on rye bread.

2; Leftover meatloaf on any bread with some good mustard. Good cold or grilled.

3. Leftover beef roast (oven) pulled apart with mayo and salt.

Donger
07-27-2009, 04:57 PM
The Jam Sandwich: take two pieces of bread, jam them together.

keg in kc
07-27-2009, 04:57 PM
3. Leftover beef roast (oven) pulled apart with mayo and salt.We call that the "oral sex after ejaculation".

mlyonsd
07-27-2009, 04:59 PM
This should be interesting. I see much antifreeze and poop in your future.

If it tastes good I don't care.

Donger
07-27-2009, 04:59 PM
My favorite sandwich is leftover baked ham, sliced thinly with a dab of mayo and sharp cheddar cheese, slightly toasted in a torpedo roll.

blaise
07-27-2009, 05:03 PM
Italian sausage, with sliced capicola on top, lettuce, tomato, and oil & vinegar on a hoagie bun.

Dice tomato and cucumber, and a little mayo and some dill and mix together. Make turkey and cheese sandwich and spread the cucumber/tomato mixture on the bread.

the Talking Can
07-27-2009, 05:04 PM
baguette (or other crusty bread)
roast beef (cold) (pop for some boar's head, at least)
goat cheese (generous amounts)
fresh ground black pepper (a ton)
pinch of kosher salt

straight forward, mouth watering, meat loving satisfaction...

mlyonsd
07-27-2009, 05:06 PM
My favorite sandwich is leftover baked ham, sliced thinly with a dab of mayo and sharp cheddar cheese, slightly toasted in a torpedo roll.

If it makes the menu we'll call it the 'Longer Donger' since it's on a torpedo roll.

Rain Man
Grilled cheese with bacon and tomato? That's sheer brilliance. I like grilled cheese. I like bacon and tomato. But I've never thought about combining the two. I may have to have that for dinner tonight.

Donger
What does goat cheese taste like? I love cheese, but it along with head cheese, I've never tasted.

Donger
07-27-2009, 05:07 PM
If it makes the menu we'll call it the 'Longer Donger' since it's on a torpedo roll.

Just make sure you don't over do the mayo, or jokes might be made about ejaculation and such.

Rain Man
07-27-2009, 05:08 PM
Goat cheese is pretty good. It's got a soft and grainy texture, and has a little bit of a tang to it. I can't think of a cow cheese that's similar.

mlyonsd
1. Grilled salami and hot pepper cheese on rye bread.

2; Leftover meatloaf on any bread with some good mustard. Good cold or grilled.

3. Leftover beef roast (oven) pulled apart with mayo and salt.

#1 sounds interesting.

blaise
Anyone ever had a beef on weck sandwich? Basically hot roast beef and horseradish on a kimmelweck bun (which is basically a kaiser roll with salt rubbed all over the top). They're great.

RJ
07-27-2009, 05:09 PM
Grilled turkey breast, smoked mozzarela (or any smoked cheese) and sliced tomato on sourdough bread. Wish I had one now.

the Talking Can
07-27-2009, 05:10 PM
What does goat cheese taste like? I love cheese, but it along with head cheese, I've never tasted.

it's like a better feta, less salty, with a smoother, creamier texture and a bit more acidic (rainman is right, it has a 'tang' to it)...very pleasing flavor not at all funky or wierd....

i smear it on anything...like an expensive replacement for cream cheese

fresh goat cheese is incredible, used to live near a farmer's market where it was available

Donger
07-27-2009, 05:10 PM
A staple at my house growing up was the bacon sandwich. So, simple yet so bad for you.

Donger
07-27-2009, 05:11 PM
it's like a better feta, less salty, with a smoother, creamier texture and a bit more acidic...very pleasing flavor not at all funky or wierd....

i smear it on anything...like an expensive replacement for cream cheese

fresh goat cheese is incredible, used to live near a farmer's market where it was available

I may have to procure some at the local King Soopers.

The Franchise
07-27-2009, 05:12 PM
Sweet roll
smoked turkey breast
cheddar cheese
sprouts
pickles
mustard

mlyonsd
07-27-2009, 05:13 PM
Grilled cheese with bacon and tomato? That's sheer brilliance. I like grilled cheese. I like bacon and tomato. But I've never thought about combining the two. I may have to have that for dinner tonight.

The key is to have a good tomato and make sure it's patted dry, otherwise it might end up too messy.

Donger
07-27-2009, 05:14 PM
The key is to have a good tomato and make sure it's patted dry, otherwise it might end up too messy.

I wish I liked tomato. They look so yummy.

petegz28
07-27-2009, 05:17 PM
1 slice of bread with grape jelly\jam
1 slice of bread with Heinz 57 sauce

smash the 2 together

enjoy the surprised look on your face as you realize how good it really is

mlyonsd
07-27-2009, 05:18 PM

If you're supposedly from England and don't know what goat cheese tastes like I'd really like to see your long form birth certificate for proof you know what you're talking about.

CoMoChief
07-27-2009, 05:19 PM
I'll take "scrambled eggs between the legs," Alex.

CoMoChief
07-27-2009, 05:20 PM

smash the 2 together

That is fucking gross. :eek:

Donger
07-27-2009, 05:20 PM
If you're supposedly from England and don't know what goat cheese tastes like I'd really like to see your long form birth certificate for proof you know what you're talking about.

It's entirely possible that I've had it before and was lied to. Heck, my mother cooked my pet rabbit and served it to us for dinner one night.

cdcox
07-27-2009, 05:23 PM
Speidis

Here is a recipe that works well for a crowd. It is popular in the Finger Lake Region of New York. Everyone who has tried it, likes it. I'm surprised it hasn't migrated to other regions of the country in the 40 years since my family learned of it. It is called a Seidi based on the fact that you don't need a plate to prepare this sandwich. You basically put a thin-sliced piece of Italian bread on your hand, use the bread to pull about 4 pieces of meat off the kabob and eat. No need for any spreads because the meat is highly seasoned.

Marinade:

1-1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup vinegar
2 T dried basil
2 T dried oregano
6 cloves garlic
1 T lemon juice
1 T dried parsley
2 T salt
2 T black pepper
1/2 cup red wine

This will marinate several pounds of meat (make enough marinade to completely cover however much meat you have.) Lamb or beef can be used. Use a good cut of meat and cube it into bite size pieces (about 3/4 inch). Marinate for 3 to 6 days, the longer the better. Then put the meat on skewers and grill. One skewer should make about 2-3 hand sized sandwiches.

mlyonsd
07-27-2009, 05:24 PM
baguette (or other crusty bread)
roast beef (cold) (pop for some boar's head, at least)
goat cheese (generous amounts)
fresh ground black pepper (a ton)
pinch of kosher salt

straight forward, mouth watering, meat loving satisfaction...

That does sound good. I think the baguette fits perfectly there. The only place I can find goat cheese sells it in rounds...do they make a spreadable version in a tub?

The Franchise
07-27-2009, 05:25 PM

smash the 2 together

You know...it sounds gross...but my boss cooks her meatballs in a mixture of equal parts grape jam and ketchup....and that shit is good.

seclark
07-27-2009, 05:27 PM
leftover turkey(dark meat) on wheat.
nuke it before putting it on the bread w/a little bbq sauce.
sec

Boon
07-27-2009, 05:32 PM
Wish sandwich.

rockymtnchief
07-27-2009, 05:35 PM
Toasted/buttered english muffin with fried egg. Add seasoning salt and pepper.

Saulbadguy
07-27-2009, 05:36 PM
1 loaf of french bread
Genoa salami
Capicola ham
Prosciutto
Provolone cheese
Olive Oil
Lettuce
Tomato
Red onion
Oregano
Black Pepper
Garlic Salt

I generally tear some of the bread out of the french bread loaf so it's not so "bready".

petegz28
07-27-2009, 05:38 PM
That is ****ing gross. :eek:

don't knocks it til ya tries it

petegz28
07-27-2009, 05:39 PM
You know...it sounds gross...but my boss cooks her meatballs in a mixture of equal parts grape jam and ketchup....and that shit is good.

It is a good mix of sweet and well, sour, for lack of a better word

Saulbadguy
07-27-2009, 05:41 PM
It is a good mix of sweet and well, sour, for lack of a better word

I've heard them called "sweet and sour meatballs". Not very good IMO. I like spicy.

Bugeater
07-27-2009, 05:42 PM
Roast beef & cream cheese on a toasted onion bagel.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-27-2009, 05:48 PM
I wish I liked tomato. They look so yummy.

This.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-27-2009, 05:48 PM

smash the 2 together

:spock:

Mr. Flopnuts
07-27-2009, 05:49 PM
It's entirely possible that I've had it before and was lied to. Heck, my mother cooked my pet rabbit and served it to us for dinner one night.

LMAO Did she tell you that your friend was dinner before or after you ate?

crispystl
07-27-2009, 06:00 PM
Nothing new but I love the classic Italian; peperoni, salomi, ham, and some provolone.

Demonpenz
07-27-2009, 06:02 PM
wish sandwhich. two pieces of bread and you heheheheheh wish you had some meat

orange
07-27-2009, 06:02 PM
Thin sliced roast pork piled high. A couple lettuce leaves, a shmear of chunky salsa.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-27-2009, 06:03 PM
A good sandwich will consist of all 4 food groups. I love sliced green peppers, black olives, red onion, pickles, and any lettuce but iceberg on my sandwiches. 8 grain bread. Yum.

crispystl
07-27-2009, 06:06 PM
That is ****ing gross. :eek:

I concur.

DMAC
07-27-2009, 06:09 PM
Speidis

Here is a recipe that works well for a crowd. It is popular in the Finger Lake Region of New York. Everyone who has tried it, likes it. I'm surprised it hasn't migrated to other regions of the country in the 40 years since my family learned of it. It is called a Seidi based on the fact that you don't need a plate to prepare this sandwich. You basically put a thin-sliced piece of Italian bread on your hand, use the bread to pull about 4 pieces of meat off the kabob and eat. No need for any spreads because the meat is highly seasoned.

Marinade:

1-1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup vinegar
2 T dried basil
2 T dried oregano
6 cloves garlic
1 T lemon juice
1 T dried parsley
2 T salt
2 T black pepper
1/2 cup red wine

This will marinate several pounds of meat (make enough marinade to completely cover however much meat you have.) Lamb or beef can be used. Use a good cut of meat and cube it into bite size pieces (about 3/4 inch). Marinate for 3 to 6 days, the longer the better. Then put the meat on skewers and grill. One skewer should make about 2-3 hand sized sandwiches.

Good ****in grief...

Bread...Meat...Cheese...Veggie...Mayo...Boom!

Ya got cherself a fuckin sandwich.

"Bob" Dobbs
07-27-2009, 06:12 PM
wish sandwhich. two pieces of bread and you heheheheheh wish you had some meatRrrrrrrrrrrrrrubber biscuiiiiit!

Demonpenz
07-27-2009, 06:21 PM
Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrubber biscuiiiiit!

LMAO knew someone was going to know it

Mr. Flopnuts
07-27-2009, 06:22 PM
LMAO knew someone was going to know it

Have you ever tried the Dorsey? You slap down a couple of hunks of fat. You have to trim the ham off, you just want the fat. Then you BUST a couple of eggs over it.

the Talking Can
07-27-2009, 06:26 PM
That does sound good. I think the baguette fits perfectly there. The only place I can find goat cheese sells it in rounds...do they make a spreadable version in a tub?

i use the stuff in rounds....doesn't spread perfectly, but it works

cream cheese is a perfectly acceptable, and cheaper, subsitute, it just doesn't have the "tang" that goat cheese does...

SAUTO
07-27-2009, 06:26 PM
Have you ever tried the Dorsey? You slap down a couple of hunks of fat. You have to trim the ham off, you just want the fat. Then you BUST a couple of eggs over it.

:shake: thats just wrong man.:D

Demonpenz
07-27-2009, 06:35 PM
:shake: thats just wrong man.:D

If I have the money I always get the tyler jackson beef jerky with it. You have to Reach and Overpay for it at the counter

SAUTO
07-27-2009, 06:36 PM
If I have the money I always get the tyler jackson beef jerky with it. You have to Reach and Overpay for it at the counter

dont you mean TYSON?

Donger
07-27-2009, 06:36 PM
LMAO Did she tell you that your friend was dinner before or after you ate?

After. Years after, in fact, when I was an adult. My f*cking brothers all knew, too. "Haha! You ate Snowball!"

Mr. Flopnuts
07-27-2009, 06:44 PM
After. Years after, in fact, when I was an adult. My f*cking brothers all knew, too. "Haha! You ate Snowball!"

ROFL That is cold hearted. Definitely puts a new spin on Bangers and Mash though.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-27-2009, 06:45 PM

LMAO Bested.

arrowheadnation
07-27-2009, 06:48 PM
Something I invented.

Small soft tortilla
Sliced smoked chicken breast
Cheddar cheese
57 Sauce

lay a few slices of chicken on the tortilla. Put cheese on top of that. squirt some 57 sauce on that. Roll it up. Fold in the ends (like a burrito). Eat it cold, put it in the toaster oven for a few minutes, or put a little oil in a pan and fry it.

Scrumptious!

You can also experiment by substituting the 57 sauce for other sauces...like bar-b-cue.

bogey
07-27-2009, 06:51 PM
ehrloom tomato and mayo on white bread is my favorite.

also... egg sandwich
when cooking the eggs add tabasco and garlic salt. put on bread with mayo and american cheese and enjoy.

cdcox
07-27-2009, 06:55 PM
Good ****in grief...

Bread...Meat...Cheese...Veggie...Mayo...Boom!

Ya got cherself a ****in sandwich.

But not a great sandwich.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-27-2009, 07:56 PM
Fool's Gold Loaf

- 1 loaf Italian white bread; - 2 tbsps butter; - 1 lb lean bacon; - 1 jar smooth peanut butter; - 1 jar grape jelly ; Serves: Elvis (8-10 people);

Today's the anniversary of Elvis Presley's death, so celebrate by glutting yourself on his favorite sandwich: the Fool's Gold Loaf.
http://www.thrillist.com/images/insets/foolsgold.gifThe house specialty of the now defunct (http://www.thrillist.com/pics/feellikedancin.jpg) Colorado Gold Mine Company restaurant, legend has it Elvis flew from Memphis to Denver late one night just to down one of these 42,000-calorie monsters. Despite the added weight (http://www.thrillist.com/pics/large_love.jpg), the plane made it back.
Wise men say only fools rush in to a sandwich like this, but you can't help risking a massive coronary to try it:
Cooking: Slather the butter all over the loaf's entire exterior surface. Then toss it onto a baking sheet in a 350-degree oven for around 15 minutes or until browned. Meanwhile, fry the bacon -- lean, for "health" purposes.
Assembly: Slice the loaf lengthwise, then hollow it out, for ample room to glob on the entire jars of peanut butter and jelly. Carefully arrange the bacon slices over the PB&J (presentation is everything). Close the loaf, and prepare yourself for kingly transcendence.

http://www.supersizedmeals.com/food/images/articles/20071031-Fools_Gold_Loaf_2.jpg

boogblaster
07-27-2009, 07:56 PM
Butter and grill both sides of your favorite bread .. then put miracle whip on both slices add crisp bacon-ham-salomia-smokey cheese and garden fresh tomato .. put bak on the grill and cover till cheese melts ... serve with hash-browned zucchinni squash with grated onion too ...

Shaid
07-27-2009, 10:01 PM
Steak Sandwich
Take leftover steak and slice it into long thin slices.
Put it in a pan with onions, mushrooms, and worcestershire sauce
Saute until done
Top with your favorite cheese.(I like provolone with this.)
Butter 2 slices of texas toast and grill them in a pan to place your wonderful concoction onto.
You can add mayo to the slices if you want but generally the juices are enough that it is moist and awesome without it.

LaChapelle
07-27-2009, 11:48 PM
Take a 2 inch slice from a block of vanilla icecream. Cut in half and add redhots(candy), fold over.

KCChiefsMan
07-28-2009, 12:21 AM
I love just getting a roast, put all of the seasonings I like on it and sear it and render the fat a bit. Then pop it in the oven for 3 hours, comes out med rare and make a sandwich.

Ceej
07-28-2009, 12:29 AM
I'm fairly easy with sandwiches. Toasted bagel, butter/or cream cheese right after toasting so it gets nice and melted. If you choose butter, then add a piece of pepperjack with honey ham. Yum. Anything on a toasted bagel is pretty amazing. Even just meat and cheese, as long as the cheese is applied right after toasting.
Posted via Mobile Device

Abba-Dabba
07-28-2009, 03:33 AM
For me the bread doesn't really matter. I love them all.
I toast my bread before putting anything on it. After toasting I let it cool if using mayo, which is more times than not.

I'm partial to a cajun style roast beef, bread mayo'ed on both sides. Onions thinly sliced and tomatoes. Topped with Colby cheese and put in the broiler for a few minutes to get a slight burn on the cheese. Add lettuce and eat.

A good substitute for both the mayo and cheese is any flavor of laughing cow spreadable cheese.

BigOlChiefsfan
07-28-2009, 09:30 AM
I like havarti and provolone or muenster + very thin slices of vidalia onion + mayo on Jewish Rye, to make a butter-grilled cheese sammitch. If I have bacon or hard salami on hand, they go in there, too. Thin layers so everything melts quickly.

I like a Bacon/Tomato on extra crisp toast. Extra mayo, skip the lettuce.

Vidalia onions (or any really sweet onion) thick slices w/lots of mayo on white bread, thin roast beef, sweet pickle slices. OR sweet onion slices w/roast beef salad.

Freshly grilled pork tenderloin sliced across the grain, freshly roasted red bell pepper strips (marinated in italian dressing) red onion on garlic-rubbed & grilled baguette. White American or Brie cheese. I pour the pepper-marinade on the (hollowed out) top slice of bread.

Chicken tenders or sliced chicken breast, grilled, on grilled kaiser rolls or ciabatta rolls w/muffalatta olive relish* mixed w/a little jar of marinated artichoke hearts. Cover top slice of bread with olive/artichoke marinade. Slice of red onion.

*Olive relish - 1 small can sliced black olives, 1 jar 'salad' green olives (already broken - chop finer if you like) drain both and mix w/2 cloves minced garlic and 2 or 3 tablespoons good olive oil. Add a big pinch of italian seasoning, thyme and 2 big pinchs of crushed red pepper. Stir well, I pour in a jar and microwave for 1 minute or so then let marinate (covered) at room temp for half an hour or more. You can add a jar of marinated artichoke hearts to mixed olives and add pepper flakes - makes pretty much the same thing. Will keep in the 'fridge for several days. Great on a lot of sandwiches, roast pork or grilled chicken in particular. It's traditional on New Orleans Muffalatta sandwich. Replaces mayo and mustard.

DMAC
07-28-2009, 09:43 AM
Fool's Gold Loaf

- 1 loaf Italian white bread; - 2 tbsps butter; - 1 lb lean bacon; - 1 jar smooth peanut butter; - 1 jar grape jelly ; Serves: Elvis (8-10 people);

Today's the anniversary of Elvis Presley's death, so celebrate by glutting yourself on his favorite sandwich: the Fool's Gold Loaf.
http://www.thrillist.com/images/insets/foolsgold.gifThe house specialty of the now defunct (http://www.thrillist.com/pics/feellikedancin.jpg) Colorado Gold Mine Company restaurant, legend has it Elvis flew from Memphis to Denver late one night just to down one of these 42,000-calorie monsters. Despite the added weight (http://www.thrillist.com/pics/large_love.jpg), the plane made it back.
Wise men say only fools rush in to a sandwich like this, but you can't help risking a massive coronary to try it:
Cooking: Slather the butter all over the loaf's entire exterior surface. Then toss it onto a baking sheet in a 350-degree oven for around 15 minutes or until browned. Meanwhile, fry the bacon -- lean, for "health" purposes.
Assembly: Slice the loaf lengthwise, then hollow it out, for ample room to glob on the entire jars of peanut butter and jelly. Carefully arrange the bacon slices over the PB&J (presentation is everything). Close the loaf, and prepare yourself for kingly transcendence.

http://www.supersizedmeals.com/food/images/articles/20071031-Fools_Gold_Loaf_2.jpgWhich brings up...toast n jelly folded in half with bacon in the middle is one of the most delicious things on the planet.

Iowanian
07-28-2009, 09:59 AM
This time of year....It's BLT, toasted, not toasted, or flat bread...doesn't matter. Awesome.

Lately, I'm a big fan of flatbread, sliced roast beef, provalone, lettuce, tomato, a dab of miracle whip and honey mustard.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-28-2009, 10:24 AM
Which brings up...toast n jelly folded in half with bacon in the middle is one of the most delicious things on the planet.

I gotta' admit; 3:30 in the morning, home from the bar, drunk and stoned, I'd eat the living fuck out of that atrocity.

Jilly
07-28-2009, 10:25 AM
So I'm eyeballing the first tomato I have starting to ripen on the vine and can't wait to be able to pick it. That gave me a thought.

What are some of the best CP homemade sandwiches out there?

I love BLT's but have decided this one is a great variation:

Grilled cheese with bacon and tomato. I take good bread, buttered, and grill open faced, with cheese on each slice. Both American and Cheddar work well. I put a home grown tomato slice on one side (patted dry) and bacon on the other. Slap the two sides together and grill for another 30 seconds or so on both sides. Served with a good soup it makes a great evening meal.

So, what great sandwich ideas are out there on CP? Please note I plan on opening a B&B someday and just might use your ideas. :)

We call these cheese delights adn I fucking LOVE them.

MVChiefFan
07-28-2009, 10:28 AM
I worked in a deli during college and invented quite a few sandwiches. Some good, some not so good. One of my favorites though was mayo, a thick slice of super sharp cheddar cheese and a bunch of bread and butter pickles. I still crave those 12 years later.

MOhillbilly
07-28-2009, 10:33 AM
catfish po boy.
get some buttermilk and cornmeal. soak the fillet in the butter milk 5 minutes then pack the cornmeal on. fry.

french bread, a bed of lettuce, tomatoe slices, a touch of vinager and oil.

mmmmmmm.:homer:

MOhillbilly
07-28-2009, 10:34 AM
I like havarti and provolone or muenster + very thin slices of vidalia onion + mayo on Jewish Rye, to make a butter-grilled cheese sammitch. If I have bacon or hard salami on hand, they go in there, too. Thin layers so everything melts quickly.

Munster makes the world go round.

Jilly
07-28-2009, 10:38 AM
gawd I love sammies

LaChapelle
07-28-2009, 10:40 AM
gawd I love samie

PBJ PBJ

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-28-2009, 10:42 AM
I worked in a deli during college and invented quite a few sandwiches. Some good, some not so good. One of my favorites though was mayo, a thick slice of super shard cheddar cheese and a bunch of bread and butter pickles. I still crave those 12 years later.

That is quite possibly the grossest, whitest sandwich I have ever heard of.

MVChiefFan
07-28-2009, 10:45 AM
That is quite possibly the grossest, whitest sandwich I have ever heard of.

Depends on which bread you use. :rolleyes:

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-28-2009, 10:50 AM
Depends on which bread you use. :rolleyes:

:D

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ubV3t9_CwDc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

Jilly
07-28-2009, 10:53 AM
PBJ PBJ

http://assets.knowyourmeme.com/i/681/original/what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg

TODD
07-28-2009, 11:20 AM
Bagel half toasted
cheese over the hole
tomato slice
tuna generously served on top... EAT'EM UP YUM....

Mr. Flopnuts
07-28-2009, 11:30 AM
Bagel half toasted
cheese over the hole
tomato slice
tuna generously served on top... EAT'EM UP YUM....

If it has the smell of tuna, and cheese over the hole, I want nothing to do with it.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-28-2009, 11:31 AM
If it has the smell of tuna, and cheese over the hole, I want nothing to do with it.

Word.:D

TODD
07-28-2009, 11:40 AM
Not as bad as a "Sh## house door on a tuna boat"....

teedubya
07-28-2009, 11:56 AM
start with multigrain bread... I use a 12 grain...

Olive Oil Mayo
Mustard
Chipotle Tabasco on Mayo and Mustard sides... smush together

Open... put 2 1-inch thick chunks of tomato..
slice up 1/2 an avocado
slice up some red onion.
add some lettuce

optional : your fave slice of cheese. Mine is the Pepper Jack.

It is purely delicious and it has ZERO animal proteins... unless you add cheese.

SOFA KING good.

Duck Dog
07-28-2009, 12:00 PM
start with multigrain bread... I use a 12 grain...

Olive Oil Mayo
Mustard
Chipotle Tabasco on Mayo and Mustard sides... smush together

Open... put 2 1-inch thick chunks of tomato..
slice up 1/2 an avocado
slice up some red onion.
add some lettuce

optional : your fave slice of cheese. Mine is the Pepper Jack.

It is purely delicious and it has ZERO animal proteins... unless you add cheese.

SOFA KING good.

That's a salad. Sandwiches have meat in them. And so do salads. So basically you just made nothing.

Saulbadguy
07-28-2009, 12:03 PM
That's a salad. Sandwiches have meat in them. And so do salads. So basically you just made nothing.

PB&J?

Saulbadguy
07-28-2009, 12:04 PM
Ok -

2 slices of Orowheat Potato Bread
1 can of Chef Boyardee Beef Ravioli (makes about 3 sandwiches)

Cook ravioli in microwave. Spoon out ravioli between the bread to make a ravioli sandwich.

Joy.

Duck Dog
07-28-2009, 12:04 PM
PB&J?

The lone exception.....ROFL

booyaf2
07-28-2009, 12:06 PM
Rueben.
Thats where it begins and ends with this guy.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-28-2009, 12:12 PM
Rueben.

There isn't a lot better than a good Rueben, the trick is finding someone who knows what the fuck they're doing.

The Franchise
07-28-2009, 12:13 PM
Ok -

Cook ravioli in microwave. Spoon out ravioli between the bread to make a ravioli sandwich.

Joy.

I'm trying that shit.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-28-2009, 12:14 PM
Turkey Club w/ bacon and fries = Greatest non-BBQ sandwich in existence.

MVChiefFan
07-28-2009, 12:24 PM
Rueben.

Ruebens are great! Here's a bit of a twist on the Rueben. Replace the corned beef with pastrami and the Thousand Island with Catalina. This is a good sandwich.

MadMax
07-28-2009, 12:40 PM

ROFL, that made me laugh.

MadMax
07-28-2009, 12:44 PM

ROFLROFLROFL sorry bout the one line responses, but this shits funny. :)

mlyonsd
07-28-2009, 12:46 PM
There isn't a lot better than a good Rueben, the trick is finding someone who knows what the **** they're doing.

I make my own Rye bread, cut it into about 3/4 inch slices. I also do the corned beef in the pressure cooker so it's pretty tender. The CB has to be sliced as thin as you can get it IMO. Two slices of Swiss, one for each bread slice. Buttered and grilled of course.

I prefer Russian dressing instead of Thousand Island though which some people probably wouldn't like.

When it's all done the sandwich sits about a foot high.

Jilly
07-28-2009, 12:48 PM
There isn't a lot better than a good Rueben, the trick is finding someone who knows what the **** they're doing.

really? Because what is there really to **** up? Rye, Thousand Island, swiss cheese, corned beef, saurkraut.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-28-2009, 12:53 PM
really? Because what is there really to **** up? Rye, Thousand Island, swiss cheese, corned beef, saurkraut.

See, that's the kind of culinary attitude that fucks up the sandwich.

Jilly
07-28-2009, 12:54 PM
See, that's the kind of culinary attitude that ****s up the sandwich.

you fuck up the sandwich

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-28-2009, 12:55 PM
you fuck up the sandwich

88TG88
07-28-2009, 03:34 PM
Right now I'm eating

french bread
regular turkey
boiled ham
bologna
mozarella
spot of grey poupon

its pretty f'ing tasty

topher79
07-28-2009, 03:51 PM
Breakfast sausage, cream cheese, green chiles. Grilled between two pieces of buttered. bread.

Donger
07-28-2009, 03:57 PM
I thought of a good one.

Toasted, almost burned, white bread
About 1/4 pound of turkey breast
A modest amount of Marmite scraped across the inside of one of the pieces of bread (like mayo).

Yummy.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-28-2009, 04:11 PM

For me saurkraut is a delicate thing. If you don't have the right balance, you have a sour and soggy sammich. Not only that, but a lot of people use different sauces besides 1000 island and pass it off as a reuben.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-28-2009, 04:12 PM
See, that's the kind of culinary attitude that fucks up the sandwich.

you fuck up the sandwich

ROFL I got a chuckle out of this exchange.

KCChiefsMan
07-28-2009, 04:12 PM
speaking of sandwiches, I made a beautiful roast last night. I wasn't done until about 9 pm, then went out to have a couple of beers with some buds and come home go to bed, wake up this morning. MY ROAST IS STILL OUT!! damnit, I was soooo pissed

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-28-2009, 04:32 PM
ROFL I got a chuckle out of this exchange.

I felt like I got bitched at by 12 year old girl with a potty mouth.:)

ClevelandBronco
07-28-2009, 04:39 PM
Get a package of bolillos (A Mexican treat similar to French bread).

Cut in half lengthwise and scoop out the innards. Use those parts for bread crumbs.

Fill with refritos (refried beans), guacamole, ham, cheese and jalapeño.

Bake until the cheese melts.

You're crazy if you don't try this.

Fire Me Boy!
05-12-2018, 07:16 AM
A bump for sandwiches. I got a panini press (actually just an indoor grill) and have made some good ones. I’m not a big sandwich guy, but right now I’m loving turkey, ham, and salami on ciabatta with a couple slices of mozzarella and fresh basil.

Dayze
05-12-2018, 07:28 AM
I’ve always wanted a panini press.

After we move, it’s definitely on my list. Love me a good Sammich.

Pasta Little Brioni
05-12-2018, 07:30 AM
Fry up a shit ton of bologna. Make a couple grilled cheese sandwiches. Shove bologna inside and destroy.

Dayze
05-12-2018, 07:34 AM
Last few weeks about once a week, we’ve been having a Sammich for dinner etc. I cook up some bacon, and then do some mayo, good amount of turkey, sharp cheddar, baby spinach leaves, on toasted bread. God damn it’s good.

Simply Red
05-12-2018, 07:49 AM
Ok -

Joy.

You're a very sick man Saul.

Simply Red
05-12-2018, 07:50 AM
A bump for sandwiches. I got a panini press (actually just an indoor grill) and have made some good ones. I’m not a big sandwich guy, but right now I’m loving turkey, ham, and salami on ciabatta with a couple slices of mozzarella and fresh basil.

Any mustard(s)..? .. or just the Meat and cheese+basil?

Abba-Dabba
05-12-2018, 07:55 AM

Drizzle a bit of Italian dressing on the meat prior to pressing. A small bit goes a long way.

Abba-Dabba
05-12-2018, 08:00 AM
I’ve always wanted a panini press.

After we move, it’s definitely on my list. Love me a good Sammich.

Easily my most used item in my kitchen. I use it for damn near every thing. Cooking fish is breeze. Grilled Aspargus same. So much versatility and clean up is easy. Just make sure to find one that can heat well enough to go beyond sandwiches.

GloucesterChief
05-12-2018, 08:32 AM
Croque Monsieur and Croque Madame's get made with left over bechemel sauce from making lasagna.

Fire Me Boy!
05-12-2018, 08:56 AM
Any mustard(s)..? .. or just the Meat and cheese+basil?

I did a little honey mustard on the first round, minus the basil. That’s was nice.

Fire Me Boy!
05-12-2018, 08:56 AM
Drizzle a bit of Italian dressing on the meat prior to pressing. A small bit goes a long way.

I will try that!

Fire Me Boy!
05-12-2018, 08:58 AM
Easily my most used item in my kitchen. I use it for damn near every thing. Cooking fish is breeze. Grilled Aspargus same. So much versatility and clean up is easy. Just make sure to find one that can heat well enough to go beyond sandwiches.

Truth.

I ended up with this one, and I’m super impressed so far.

Cuisinart GR-300WS Griddler Elite Grill, Stainless Steel
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ALDPXE4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_deW9Ab6QPVFEX

Fire Me Boy!
05-12-2018, 09:55 AM

Ooh. Maybe skip the basil and use pesto!

gblowfish
05-12-2018, 10:00 AM
Planet Sub makes a really great Cuban sandwich. Very tasty. My wife is having people over tonight. I had some pulled pork left over from a couple days ago that I was going to use in my pit beans, and she threw it out! Damn....backup is bacon. You can never go wrong with bacon. Bacon is pig candy. Bacon is the only food that you wrap around other food to make it better. Any day you make bacon is a good day. Bacon. Bacon. Bacon.

Fire Me Boy!
05-12-2018, 10:01 AM
Planet Sub makes a really great Cuban sandwich. Very tasty. My wife is having people over tonight. I had some pulled pork left over from a couple days ago that I was going to use in my pit beans, and she threw it out! Damn....backup is bacon. You can never go wrong with bacon. Bacon is pig candy. Bacon is the only food that you wrap around other food to make it better. Any day you make bacon is a good day. Bacon. Bacon. Bacon.

Have you considered divorce?

gblowfish
05-12-2018, 10:04 AM
Have you considered divorce?

Heh....Mrs Blowfish puts up with a lot. She's a keeper, and I'm too old to break in a new one.

listopencil
05-12-2018, 10:04 AM
Ruebens are great! Here's a bit of a twist on the Rueben. Replace the corned beef with pastrami and the Thousand Island with Catalina. This is a good sandwich.

And then replace your sandwich with a Reuben and eat that instead.

Fire Me Boy!
05-12-2018, 10:09 AM
Ok -

Joy.

What in the bloody ****?

Pasta Little Brioni
05-12-2018, 10:12 AM
What in the bloody ****?

SaulBuzzGuy?

listopencil
05-12-2018, 10:19 AM
I do have a few favorite sandwiches. The Reuben, of course. A thickly sliced tomato and thinly sliced cucumber on very toasted multi-grain wheat bread with Italian dressing. The classic leftover meatloaf with ketchup on chewy bread toasted or not toasted. The hot ham and cheese. And the pan fried burgerrito.

mlyonsd
05-12-2018, 11:40 AM
During prime time tomato season and you want a break from the obligatory BLT try a grilled cheese with crisp bacon and a slice of tomato.

kccrow
05-12-2018, 01:12 PM
My sandwich of preference is hot pastrami, sauteed/caramelized onions, muenster cheese, and horseradish mustard on buttered and grilled sourdough rye.

Simply Red
05-12-2018, 01:32 PM
my personal favorite - though it's not always available are Vagina Sandwiches

kccrow
05-12-2018, 01:53 PM

That sounds nice!

Fire Me Boy!
05-12-2018, 01:56 PM

Those can be yeasty if you don’t watch it.

Fire Me Boy!
05-12-2018, 02:02 PM
I’m thinking a sun dried tomato and basil pesto might be nice...

saphojunkie
05-12-2018, 02:16 PM
Heh....Mrs Blowfish puts up with a lot. She's a keeper, and I'm too old to break in a new one.

If it was Joe's KC, then I'm afraid the decision isn't up to you. Our hands our tied here, dude.

patteeu
05-12-2018, 03:37 PM
Anyone ever had a beef on weck sandwich? Basically hot roast beef and horseradish on a kimmelweck bun (which is basically a kaiser roll with salt rubbed all over the top). They're great.

I had this just yesterday at the Beer Kitchen. It was pretty good. I don't understand why it's on their menu under Burgers though.

tooge
05-12-2018, 10:24 PM
Dude, thread should end here. You’ve got vine ripened Maters?
BL motherfuckin T. That’s it. Mayo, white bread, about 4 slices of bacon, and you cant make a better Sammy.

patteeu
05-12-2018, 10:30 PM
BL motherfuckin T. That’s it. Mayo, white bread, about 4 slices of bacon, and you cant make a better Sammy.

I'd add avocado. And maybe make it 6 slices of bacon, depending on thickness. Otherwise, you're on target. :)

DaNewGuy
05-12-2018, 11:12 PM
An antifreeze poop sandwich. It's two pieces of poop with antifreeze in the middle. Microwave for 1 minute and enjoy.

When this post was made, I was a freshman in high school, now I use this phrase quite reguraly. All comes full circle :clap:

ping2000
05-13-2018, 07:56 AM
Fry up a shit ton of bologna. Make a couple grilled cheese sandwiches. Shove bologna inside and destroy.This may explain why you are the "Giant" meatball.

listopencil
05-13-2018, 08:18 AM

No.

Fire Me Boy!
05-13-2018, 08:40 AM
I’m gonna make some bacon jam this week. That should be a pretty great panini spread.

patteeu
05-13-2018, 08:56 AM
I’m gonna make some bacon ham this week. That should be a pretty great panini spread.

What is bacon ham?

Fire Me Boy!
05-13-2018, 08:57 AM
What is bacon ham?

Typo. Fixed. Bacon jam.

patteeu
05-13-2018, 08:59 AM
Typo. Fixed. Bacon jam.

Ah, I see. Count me out! I don't usually care for sweet combined with meat.

scho63
05-13-2018, 09:11 AM
Some of my favorite sandwiches I've eaten in the last few years at restaurants:

1. Prosciutto, Fresh Mozzarella and Roasted Red Peppers on an Italian Roll that was brushed with EVOO, sprinkled with garlic power and oregano and tossed into the hot pizza oven for 2-3 minutes.
From Bozzellis Deli in Springfield VA

2. TRUE steak sandwich with a 3/4"-1" piece of top sirloin grilled and served on a Ciabbata roll
The V Social Eatery & Brew House in Ashburn VA

3. Roasted Pork with Broccoli Rabe and Shaved parmigiana reggiano on italian roll
Dinic's in the Reading Terminal Philadelphia

4. Roasted leg of lamb on toasted sourdough with spinach leaves, goat cheese spread and red peppers
Cafe DeLuxe Tyson's Corner in VA

5. All veggie sandwich with eggplant, zucchini, fresh mozzarella, roasted peppers, red onion, arugula with balsamic and olive oil
Il Fornaio Reston VA (Sadly they recently closed but still have about 20 other locations opened)

Additionally I love Chap's Pit Beef outside Baltimore their roast beef with tiger sauce on a roll with white onions is to die for!

Katz Pastrami and Swiss in New York is the best pastrami sandwich you will ever find and so is their corned beef.

I'm a huge fan of a great crispy grilled cheese with havarti or gruyere with lots of butter on the outside and dijon mustard to dunk it in as I eat.

Jersey Mike's Giant Ham Salami and Provolone sub with extra cheese and the works, extra oil and vinegar

Lastly nothing better than a well made chunky chicken salad sandwich NEVER shredded! Like it with curry flavoring or waldorf style. :clap:

Fire Me Boy!
05-13-2018, 09:11 AM
Ah, I see. Count me out! I don't usually care for sweet combined with meat.

It’s sweet, savory, and salty! You should try it sometime. It’s amazeballs on a burger.

Fire Me Boy!
05-13-2018, 11:23 AM
Yum!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180513/de20f0542be815ce1695b9d6a0b0d0ec.jpg

scho63
05-13-2018, 12:48 PM
Yum!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180513/de20f0542be815ce1695b9d6a0b0d0ec.jpg

That's a homerun! :drool:

Fire Me Boy!
05-13-2018, 12:53 PM
That's a homerun! :drool:

That was a damn good sandwich. The olive oil made the bread crispier than normal, but the peso is a great addition.

I’ll try the Italian dressing next time.