PDA

View Full Version : Football Marshall a No-Show on day 2

KCrockaholic
07-28-2009, 01:23 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/225818-denver-broncos-training-camp-notes-marshall-a-no-show-on-day-two

Denver Broncos Training Camp Notes: Marshall a No-Show on Day Two by Sayre Bedinger (Senior Writer)

30 reads
Breaking News
July 28, 2009

Today's Must Reads
Do NASCAR Sprint Cup Drivers Really Belong in Nationwide Series Races? The Five Scariest Players in the SEC Why Pete Rose Belongs on the Hall of Fame Ballot Pictures say a thousand words—or do they?

While Denver Broncos wide receiver Brandon Marshall appears to be happy in this photo taken Monday at the unofficial start of the team's training camp, it was clear after practice that he still wants to be traded from the team if he does not get more money.

"You know, it's my obligation to be here and I'm here," Marshall said, "I'm here. I can't control that stuff. All I can do is worry about today, today I'm here (as a) Bronco. I'm excited about playing football."

Marshall's responses were far from inspiring to Bronco fans, but his mere presence at camp was enough to put the media and fans alike at some sort of peace.

Was.

After running through every drill on Monday, the Broncos' Pro Bowl wide receiver was a no-show for the team's light practice Tuesday morning.

Josh McDaniels is scheduled to meet the media following today's practices, so be sure and tune in.

The Denver Broncos' official Web site also reported that Marshall and new quarterback Kyle Orton spent several minutes off to the side at practice talking to one another.

Take that for what it is worth, but it means something that the two are forming any semblance of a relationship.

Aside from the Marshall saga—which continues to bring the Broncos negative publicity—the team had the rest of its rookies and quarterbacks on hand for practice, save for both first round draft picks Robert Ayers and Knowshon Moreno.

Reports are that Ayers is close to a deal with the Broncos, and that his "people" and the Broncos plan on working all day to get a contract signed.

Moreno's talks are apparently not so close, but he did sign a deal with Reebok.

Both rookies are expected to have their deals done by the time veterans report on Friday morning.

Oh, how sweet it is.

The Bad Guy
07-28-2009, 01:26 PM
But, but KnowShit told me that Brandon Marshall would be at training camp day 1.

Quesadilla Joe
07-28-2009, 01:27 PM
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2009/07/28/mcdaniels-marshall-is-here-but-sore/
McDaniels: Marshall is here but sore

Broncos coach Josh McDaniels said after practice Tuesday morning that coaches decided to hold wide receiver Brandon Marshall out of the hour-long morning walk-thru because of soreness.

Rookie wide receiver Lucas Taylor was also held out of practice.

“Precautionary measures, nothing more than that,” McDaniels said.
“It was a coaching decision, and when they’re ready and healthy and we feel good about where they’re at they will be out on the practice field.”

McDaniels refused to discuss Marshall’s health other than to describe the wide receiver as “sore.” Marshall had surgery on his hip on March 31. Marshall completed the team’s first practice on Monday and passed the conditioning test.

“There’s no issues whatsoever,” McDaniels. “It was just a decision we made as an organization, and when he’s ready to go and we feel comfortable with that — and I’m talking about both players, Lucas and Brandon — they’ll be out here.”

KCrockaholic
07-28-2009, 01:29 PM
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2009/07/28/mcdaniels-marshall-is-here-but-sore/
McDaniels: Marshall is here but sore

Broncos coach Josh McDaniels said after practice Tuesday morning that coaches decided to hold wide receiver Brandon Marshall out of the hour-long morning walk-thru because of soreness.

Rookie wide receiver Lucas Taylor was also held out of practice.

“Precautionary measures, nothing more than that,” McDaniels said.
“It was a coaching decision, and when they’re ready and healthy and we feel good about where they’re at they will be out on the practice field.”

McDaniels refused to discuss Marshall’s health other than to describe the wide receiver as “sore.” Marshall had surgery on his hip on March 31. Marshall completed the team’s first practice on Monday and passed the conditioning test.

“There’s no issues whatsoever,” McDaniels. “It was just a decision we made as an organization, and when he’s ready to go and we feel comfortable with that — and I’m talking about both players, Lucas and Brandon — they’ll be out here.”

Whats goin on here?

KCrockaholic
07-28-2009, 01:35 PM
Marshall Absent from Day Two AM Practice
Posted Tue Jul 28th by Kyle

After staying good to his word and reporting for camp on time yesterday, Brandon Marshall was a noticeable no-show for Tuesday’s morning practice. Head Coach Josh McDaniels told reporters after practice that the coaches held Marshall out of practice because the receiver was “sore.”

No kidding, coach. In more ways than one.

WR Lucas Taylor was also held out of practice. “Precautionary measures, nothing more than that,” McDaniels said. “It was a coaching decision, and when they’re ready and healthy and we feel good about where they’re at they will be out on the practice field.”

Marshall wouldn’t be doing himself any favors by missing practice. The Broncos will be using his off-field incidents and injury history as leverage in trade/contract negotiations, so the skeptic in me wants to call BS. Is it possible Marshall was really with his agent, busy talking to the Broncos front office? Don’t rule it out.

Somebody's full of sh*t

The Bad Guy
07-28-2009, 01:36 PM
There he is. 4 minutes after the original poster, he comes in with a defense that would make Johnnie Cochran proud.

Garcia Bronco
07-28-2009, 01:42 PM
Seriously...the OP says "Marshal wasn't there and we don't know why, the coach will tell us later."

Then later

Coach: "We held him out because of hip soreness"

Good gawd

Garcia Bronco
07-28-2009, 01:44 PM
Whats goin on here?

Marshall had hip surgery and had to report early because of it. It's why he's even there at this point.

Titty Meat
07-28-2009, 01:47 PM
That aint the Patriot way

KCrockaholic
07-28-2009, 01:50 PM
So then which columist f'd up? It sounds like somebody is full of it. Or...McDaniels is the one who is full of it and making up excuses for Marshall not wanting to be a part of the team. Its funny how so many players who play in Denver absolutely hate it...I can sit here and name off a few.

Quesadilla Joe
07-28-2009, 01:57 PM
So then which columist f'd up? It sounds like somebody is full of it. Or...McDaniels is the one who is full of it and making up excuses for Marshall not wanting to be a part of the team. Its funny how so many players who play in Denver absolutely hate it...I can sit here and name off a few.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=349&videoID=3347&type=broncosTV&year=&month=

McDaniels was asked if Marshall showed up and he said yes.

Why would the players hate it there? More than half the roster were brought in by McDaniels.

FAX
07-28-2009, 01:57 PM
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...gone-but-not-forgot/

McDaniels: Marshall disappeared

Broncos coach Josh McDaniels said after practice Tuesday morning that Brandon Marshall simply dissolved into thin air.

“It was spooky, kinda. Like a ghost. I'm a little scared, to be honest. One minute, we were just talking about movies and stuff and the next minute - poof! ...,” McDaniels said. “I have the staff looking for him now. We did bring in one of those psycho mediums and she says she can probably locate his spirit essence, at least,” McDaniels added. "If it's around here someplace."

McDaniels was noticeably disconcerted while discussing Marshall’s sudden and preternatural departure and described the event as “dang freaky, man.” Marshall has a reputation as a practitioner of Ouija - a form of voodoo using with a game board containing letters and numbers. Calls to Milton Bradley, however, have gone unanswered.

“I gotta pee all the time,” McDaniels. “It's like every time I think about it, you know, I just feel the urge. The team will be okay. We know that. I just don't know how a guy who's mainly vapor can catch a football - let alone make his cuts. We'll see, I guess.”

FAX

alanm
07-28-2009, 02:01 PM
Somebody's full of sh*t
Soreness after one day of a shells and shorts practice?
You got that right.

Garcia Bronco
07-28-2009, 02:20 PM
Soreness after one day of a shells and shorts practice?
You got that right.

He had hip surgery back in April. Its a long training camp.

Titty Meat
07-28-2009, 02:24 PM
His answer for showing up to camp was he didn't want to be fined. what a great team player.

Quesadilla Joe
07-28-2009, 02:31 PM
His answer for showing up to camp was he didn't want to be fined. what a great team player.

That is better than Tony Gonzalez openly saying that he wanted to be traded because the Chiefs suck.

InChiefsHeaven
07-28-2009, 02:34 PM
He had hip surgery back in April. Its a long training camp.

The tell tale sign will be if he's there tomorrow. Judging from all the crap that has gone on, I don't think it's unreasonable to think that there is more to this than him just being "sore".

...that, and I really want this to be something more...so there is that...:evil:

Chief Faithful
07-28-2009, 02:41 PM
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...gone-but-not-forgot/

McDaniels: Marshall disappeared

Broncos coach Josh McDaniels said after practice Tuesday morning that Brandon Marshall simply dissolved into thin air.

“It was spooky, kinda. Like a ghost. I'm a little scared, to be honest. One minute, we were just talking about movies and stuff and the next minute - poof! ...,” McDaniels said. “I have the staff looking for him now. We did bring in one of those psycho mediums and she says she can probably locate his spirit essence, at least,” McDaniels added. "If it's around here someplace."

McDaniels was noticeably disconcerted while discussing Marshall’s sudden and preternatural departure and described the event as “dang freaky, man.” Marshall has a reputation as a practitioner of Ouija - a form of voodoo using with a game board containing letters and numbers. Calls to Milton Bradley, however, have gone unanswered.

“I gotta pee all the time,” McDaniels. “It's like every time I think about it, you know, I just feel the urge. The team will be okay. We know that. I just don't know how a guy who's mainly vapor can catch a football - let alone make his cuts. We'll see, I guess.”

FAX

I've seen the ghost disappear in games also.

Garcia Bronco
07-28-2009, 02:43 PM
The tell tale sign will be if he's there tomorrow. Judging from all the crap that has gone on, I don't think it's unreasonable to think that there is more to this than him just being "sore".

...that, and I really want this to be something more...so there is that...:evil:

For me...I don't care. These guys are long past being heros or role models for me. I saw those guys that meant so much to me win Super Bowls. The rest is gravey.

FAX
07-28-2009, 02:47 PM
For me...I don't care. These guys are long past being heros or role models for me. I saw those guys that meant so much to me win Super Bowls. The rest is gravey.

ROFL

Dang. You are a cruel, cruel peep, Mr. Garcia Bronco.

You did get the "rest" part right, though. Prepare for a long one, for the demise of your goats is imminent. It will be a pleasure, indeed, to see Haley's Chiefs shovel dirt on their gravey.

FAX

Hammock Parties
07-28-2009, 02:48 PM
The fact he is sore is a good enough consolation prize.

Stay down, bitch.

Titty Meat
07-28-2009, 02:51 PM
That is better than Tony Gonzalez openly saying that he wanted to be traded because the Chiefs suck.

Pioli traded him for a 2nd round pick. Mckid traded a pro bowl QB for Kyle Orton.

beach tribe
07-28-2009, 03:00 PM
He got one look at Ortons throws and fuq this.

Quesadilla Joe
07-28-2009, 03:29 PM
Pioli traded him for a 2nd round pick. Mckid traded a pro bowl QB for Kyle Orton, and a 2009 first round pick, a 2009 3rd round pick, and a 2010 first round pick.

FYP

KCrockaholic
07-28-2009, 03:40 PM

Actually no. Brandon Marshall hates Denver and their fans, Tony loves KC and their fans. Tony told Chiefs management he wanted to be traded. Marshall screamed, "I hate this f***in city, I hope I get traded"

hmmm, which sounds worse?

Buck
07-28-2009, 03:41 PM
Its No-Yards Morano

Quesadilla Joe
07-28-2009, 03:43 PM
Actually no. Brandon Marshall hates Denver and their fans, Tony loves KC and their fans. Tony told Chiefs management he wanted to be traded. Marshall screamed, "I hate this f***in city, I hope I get traded"

He said that two years ago to police officers when he was drunk. Reach much?

KCrockaholic
07-28-2009, 03:45 PM
He said that two years ago to police officers when he was drunk. Reach much?

Whats your point? When your drunk the truth comes out. Go sit him down in a room and ask him personally if he wants to be a Bronco, he will say "f*** no"

Face it, most players hate playing in Denver. Plummer, Kennison, Marshall, Cutler...the list is lengthy, but I dont have til 11 o'clock to list them all.

orange
07-28-2009, 03:52 PM

Which one got traded?

KCrockaholic
07-28-2009, 03:59 PM
Which one got traded?

We did the smart thing...We werent gonna let a guy who didnt wanna be part of our team stick around. All you guys are doing is creating another T.O. or Chad "ochocinco"

DaFace
07-28-2009, 04:07 PM
At this point I don't really care. However, given McDaniels' previous actions, I can't help but wonder if he's just lying through his teeth again.

orange
07-28-2009, 04:08 PM
We did the smart thing...We werent gonna let a guy who didnt wanna be part of our team stick around. All you guys are doing is creating another T.O. or Chad "ochocinco"

Right now Marshall's trade value is nil.

The smart thing is to hold until the price goes back up.

If anything, he'll go above and beyond this year. That's why there is a phrase that everyone knows - "contract year."

InChiefsHeaven
07-28-2009, 06:09 PM
Right now Marshall's trade value is nil.

The smart thing is to hold until the price goes back up.

If anything, he'll go above and beyond this year. That's why there is a phrase that everyone knows - "contract year."

It's a little like LJ...he ain't worth a shit right now. I'm guessing Pioli and Co. are wanting him to perform well this year so he'll have some value and they can get rid of him for at least something.

the Donks would be stuuuupid to get rid of Marshall...but, I said the same thing about Cutler so...

The Bad Guy
07-28-2009, 07:38 PM
When did Tony Gonzalez tell a cop that he hated KC, KnowShit?

The situation is not comparable. Tony Gonzalez is an old player who wants to win now. Brandon Marshall is a young player who knows the Broncos suck. It sucks 100x more for you because Marshall is a talented guy who would be a cornerstone for 10 years. Tony Gonzalez is playing in this league 2 more years tops.

ilovemichaelsettle
07-28-2009, 07:40 PM
When did Tony Gonzalez tell a cop that he hated KC, KnowShit?

The situation is not comparable. Tony Gonzalez is an old player who wants to win now. Brandon Marshall is a young player who knows the Broncos suck. It sucks 100x more for you because Marshall is a talented guy who would be a cornerstone for 10 years. Tony Gonzalez is playing in this league 2 more years tops.

QFT

Garcia Bronco
07-28-2009, 09:26 PM
ROFL

Dang. You are a cruel, cruel peep, Mr. Garcia Bronco.

You did get the "rest" part right, though. Prepare for a long one, for the demise of your goats is imminent. It will be a pleasure, indeed, to see Haley's Chiefs shovel dirt on their gravey.

FAX

I didn't say I was dead. Don't worry. We got you. The results won't be any different.

Jethopper
07-28-2009, 10:10 PM

McDouche is pretty much admitting he doesn't have enough talent to establish a decent offense.

Discuss Thrower
07-28-2009, 10:26 PM

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_cyO271GChk&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_cyO271GChk&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

The Bad Guy
07-28-2009, 10:35 PM
I didn't say I was dead. Don't worry. We got you. The results won't be any different.

1 of the Chiefs 2 wins last year came from your beloved Broncos. I think Larry Johnson is still running. Yes, you got us alright.

Mile High Mania
07-28-2009, 10:37 PM
I've been on vacation for 4 days and haven't paid any attention to things NFL... it's been nice.

Right now, based on everything we know... SD is the only team that has playoff aspirations. Denver, Oakland and KC are going to struggle to win 6 games at this point.

That being said - I expect the AFCW teams to act normally and split the divisional games. That is all... carry on.

KCrockaholic
07-28-2009, 10:43 PM
Well lets see if Marshall is still "sore" on day 3 and if he participates in the entire workout.

Quiet Storm
07-28-2009, 11:42 PM
Any quotes or anything about those players hating Denver?

rad
08-02-2009, 03:02 PM
Marshall got hurt today....

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=146947

The Associated Press is calling the ailment that knocked Brandon Marshall out of Sunday's training camp practice an "apparent" hamstring injury.
Continuing his attempt to live up to mentor Bill Belichick, coach Josh McDaniels provided no details. Marshall appears to have avoided a setback with his surgically repaired hip, but limped noticeably off the field Sunday. While Marshall has impressed on the days he's practiced, he needs to get back on the field to learn McDaniels' system after missing most of the spring. Aug. 2 - 4:32 pm et
Source: Associated Press

Hammock Parties
08-02-2009, 03:03 PM
Oh yes, those damn hamstrings. Always tightening up.

kstater
08-02-2009, 03:04 PM
LMAO

I think they're getting set up to draft Tebow. Knoshownhomer will be along after to say that Tebow is a great NFL prospect.

Quesadilla Joe
08-02-2009, 03:10 PM
Marshall got hurt today....

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=146947

The Associated Press is calling the ailment that knocked Brandon Marshall out of Sunday's training camp practice an "apparent" hamstring injury.
Continuing his attempt to live up to mentor Bill Belichick, coach Josh McDaniels provided no details. Marshall appears to have avoided a setback with his surgically repaired hip, but limped noticeably off the field Sunday. While Marshall has impressed on the days he's practiced, he needs to get back on the field to learn McDaniels' system after missing most of the spring. Aug. 2 - 4:32 pm et
Source: Associated Press

BMarshall just walked off the field with a trainer...I'm told it's nothing serious
http://twitter.com/VicLombardi