PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs v. Rams / Size v. Speed

WarPaint
10-20-2000, 06:43 PM
Since Gunther has taken over he has stressed the importance of the size of the players. Our OL is huge, we got rid of all corners under 6 foot, we've acquired Morris and Ricks at WR and Rison was released because he was "too small".

On the other end of the spectrum are the Rams. They are built on speed alone. Look at the size of their offensive juggernauts:

Bruce: 6 foot 188 lbs.
Faulk: 5-10, 211.
Hakim: 5-10, 179.
Holt: 6-0, 190.

Even though they have Faulk the Rams drafted Trung Canidate with their first round pick - the fastest HB in the draft.

I'm not sure some of the Ram players would have even been given an opportunity to play on KC due to their size alone.

So far it has been proven that size can bludgeon but speed kills and wins Championships. Sunday Gunther has his chance to prove it wrong.

DaKCMan AP
10-20-2000, 07:14 PM
Bruce is only 188 lbs? WOW! Hummm, who do we have that is that size at RB? I think that if we lined them up all in a Hallway we would be able to tell who fits that mold...

[This message has been edited by morphius (edited 10-20-2000).]

The Blessed Virgin Larry
10-21-2000, 12:22 AM
Inj,
I believe it has more to do with where and on what surface each team plays on. The Rams play in a controled environment on turf (turf is the devil!) and they're built for it. Speed KILLS, especially on turf. IMHO, D.T. lost a half step when ARROWHEAD pulled up the turf. The Chiefs play in a physical division in all the elements so they're built big and "tough". Don't forget that the big corners and receivers that Gun has selected also are FAST.

The Blessed Virgin Larry
10-21-2000, 12:24 AM
BTW, I've met Marshall Faulk and believe me he's NOT even 5-10. He's more like 5-81/2. I'm 5-10 and I was looking down at him. I couldn't believe he was that short - but he IS FAST! No, I didn't race him. *grin*