PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports MMA: Fedor/Tito Ortiz close to agreement with the UFC

Blitz
07-28-2009, 05:49 PM
RegardingFedor:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2009/07/fedor-emelianenko-ufc-finalizing-deal.html
"A long-awaited agreement between the Ultimate Fighting Championship and the man considered the world's best mixed martial arts fighter, Fedor Emelianenko, is expected to be announced by UFC President Dana White on Friday, a source with information about the negotiations told The Times today.

The source, who asked not to be identified because he's not authorized to speak publicly about the dealings, called negotiations between the UFC and Fedor "very civil" just days after Fedor's scheduled Affliction Trilogy fight Saturday against Josh Barnett was canceled.

Affliction wound up folding its MMA promotion activities and announced an apparel deal to sponsor UFC.

Now, Fedor, who has previously fought in organizations including PRIDE Fighting Championships in Japan, Bodog Fight and Affliction, is crossing over to the world's most successful MMA fighting organization, as well.

With a 30-1 record that includes victories over former UFC heavyweight champions Tim Sylvia, Andrei Arlovski and Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, Emelianenko would likely get an immediate shot at reigning UFC heavyweight champ Brock Lesnar.

The source said officials were discussing details on the public announcement of the deal, which in the past has been complicated by Emelianenko's resistance to accept UFC's standard six-fight contract and his unwillingness to surrender some merchandising and marketing revenues.

But this month White said he was optimistic he could bring Emelianenko aboard, and his confidence was well-placed. The UFC declined to elaborate on Friday's scheduled announcement."

Re: Tito Ortiz's comeback with the UFC

Dana White's Twitter "I am going on espn 1100 in vegas at 6pm. I will be talking anything mma. Call in number is 702 364 1100! Oh yea and welcome back tito :)4:24 PM Jul 24th from TwitterBerry "

Mizzou_8541
07-28-2009, 05:53 PM
Please let this happen...Lesnar would get destroyed.

Bwana
07-28-2009, 06:05 PM
Please let this happen...Lesnar would get destroyed.

This

Mizzou_8541
07-28-2009, 06:09 PM
As for Tito? Who would he fight? He is wayyyy past his prime IMHO.

Bwana
07-28-2009, 06:12 PM

Without question.

TrickyNicky
07-28-2009, 06:14 PM
I hope Fedor doesn't take Brock as lightly as some of you are. You know the closest Fedor has ever been to being finished? By getting caught by a pro-wrestler with an amateur wrestling background because he didn't respect the guys standup.

big nasty kcnut
07-28-2009, 06:15 PM
Fear fedor!
Posted via Mobile Device

Mizzou_8541
07-28-2009, 06:26 PM
I hope Fedor doesn't take Brock as lightly as some of you are. You know the closest Fedor has ever been to being finished? By getting caught by a pro-wrestler with an amateur wrestling background because he didn't respect the guys standup.

NO CHANCE. Lesnar is to Fedor what Herm is to Belichick

Dallas Chief
07-28-2009, 06:30 PM

Mark Coleman. :D

Mizzou_8541
07-28-2009, 06:31 PM
Mark Coleman. :D

Heh. Ok, good point.

Jerm
07-28-2009, 06:34 PM
Fedor is no surprise...UFC is the only logical choice for him. I just hope Dana gets him for at least 3 fights.

Tito coming back is interesting...I can see him fighting Bisping. UFC bringing a lot of names back, Frank Trigg included. I hope he wins so we might possibly get Hughes/ Trigg III.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pablo
07-28-2009, 06:57 PM
I hope Fedor doesn't take Brock as lightly as some of you are. You know the closest Fedor has ever been to being finished? By getting caught by a pro-wrestler with an amateur wrestling background because he didn't respect the guys standup.Fedor would face-fuck Lesnar 24/7/365.

End of discussion. Srsly.

Brock
07-28-2009, 07:00 PM
Fedor probably would have the edge in that fight, but Lesnar isn't the pushover some of you seem to think.

Mizzou_8541
07-28-2009, 07:03 PM
Fedor probably would have the edge in that fight, but Lesnar isn't the pushover some of you seem to think.

I certainly don't think he is a pushover. I just believe he has little to no chance against Fedor.

big nasty kcnut
07-28-2009, 07:07 PM
Trigg back wait what? He better watch out for the rear naked choke.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mizzou_8541
07-28-2009, 07:09 PM
Trigg back wait what? He better watch out for the rear naked choke.
Posted via Mobile Device

No kidding, right? Could he make it 3?

KCCHIEFS27
07-28-2009, 07:09 PM
I think Brock is certainly a pushover. He doesn't have a ground game and his striking won't faze Fedor. The experience is clearly in favor of Fedor, too. This would be over in round one.

Crashride
07-28-2009, 07:25 PM
Fedor will probably beat lesner but I sure would like to see lesner whoop his ass. Some fedor fans are just as bad a lesner fans

CoMoChief
07-28-2009, 08:37 PM
One could argue that Arvloski (sp?) was actually winning the fight against Fedor til he got caught. If Lesnar gets on top of him....Fedor will be in trouble.

Mizzou_8541
07-28-2009, 08:40 PM
One could argue that Arvloski (sp?) was actually winning the fight against Fedor til he got caught. If Lesnar gets on top of him....Fedor will be in trouble.

When has that ever mattered in MMA?

Pablo
07-28-2009, 08:45 PM
This pic is pretty hilarious.

http://sevenbreaths.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/fedor.jpg

Crashride
07-28-2009, 08:58 PM
This pic is pretty hilarious.

http://sevenbreaths.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/fedor.jpg

LOL!! REP

El Jefe
07-28-2009, 08:58 PM
This

x1000

El Jefe
07-28-2009, 08:59 PM

Could of, should of, would of, it doesn't matter, a win is a win.

El Jefe
07-28-2009, 09:14 PM
I certainly don't think he is a pushover. I just believe he has little to no chance against Fedor.

Wow I actually agree with you. Seriously though, yes Brock would have a chance, any fighter has a chance. I equate Brock's chance of beating Fedor to the odds of the Chiefs winning the Superbowl this year. Is it possible, yea, but unlikely, most definetely.

ArrowheadHawk
07-28-2009, 11:06 PM
Ufc is gonna be exciting to watch the second half of this year.

Fishpicker
07-28-2009, 11:26 PM

this.

If Fujita can give Fedor problems, Brock can too. One big punch is all it takes sometimes. I'd like to see Fedor sambo-trip his way to victory but Brock definitely has the advantage in takedowns. And the UFC actually enforces its no holding the fence rule

Mecca
07-29-2009, 02:46 AM
If Forrest Griffin loses to Silva which seems likely....

You take Ortiz and Griffin and put them in a free fight on TV, it'll do a huge rating and you don't sacrifice a PPV buyrate.

UFC seems to be ready to announce a deal with ESPN it could headline a show on there.

SAUTO
07-29-2009, 06:00 AM
If Forrest Griffin loses to Silva which seems likely....

You take Ortiz and Griffin and put them in a free fight on TV, it'll do a huge rating and you don't sacrifice a PPV buyrate.

UFC seems to be ready to announce a deal with ESPN it could headline a show on there.

hmmmm. seems like i have read this almost word for word somewhere.

Katipan
07-29-2009, 06:26 AM
I don't care how often I have to re-read the same comments, you people are a helluva lot more entertaining than that stupid Inside the MMA show.

Crashride
07-29-2009, 06:34 AM
I don't care how often I have to re-read the same comments, you people are a helluva lot more entertaining than that stupid Inside the MMA show.

Ya that show is rough. Lots of akward silences and terrible jokes. Bas is the only thing somewhat entertaining to me.

Mecca
07-29-2009, 06:36 AM
hmmmm. seems like i have read this almost word for word somewhere.

I posted it in the other thread....I don't really think they'll do that but just trying to throw out ideas for Ortiz basically. He can draw some major ratings with the right opponent.

SAUTO
07-29-2009, 07:44 AM
I posted it in the other thread....I don't really think they'll do that but just trying to throw out ideas for Ortiz basically. He can draw some major ratings with the right opponent.

i know i was just giggin ya

TheGuardian
07-29-2009, 07:58 AM
this.

If Fujita can give Fedor problems, Brock can too. One big punch is all it takes sometimes. I'd like to see Fedor sambo-trip his way to victory but Brock definitely has the advantage in takedowns. And the UFC actually enforces its no holding the fence rule

You're basically saying that Fujita is less of a fighter than Brock Lesnar. Whaaaa????

Fujita hit Fedor square and Fedor was knocked out on his feet, recovered, then sub'd Fujita. Everyone knows the slam Randleman put on him would have killed a lot of guys. Fedor won that fight too.

I'm not concerned about Brock's crappy punching and fat-man-lay style with Fedor. He's had heavier opponents on top of him, he's had guys who hit harder hit him. Worried about his take downs? Why? Fedor is a master on his back. This fight probably won't get out of the first round.

I saw someone mention the Arlovski fight. Arlovski was giving him trouble because Arlovski is a freak in terms of stand up. He's faster with his hands than a lot of 205 and 185 guys. Of course it gave Fedor some trouble. What eventually happened? He got KTFO.

Someone even mentioning the Arlovski fight is funny because the one thing that gave Fedor trouble, Arlovski's super fast hands, is something Lesnar does not have. So why even bring it up?

Fedor has never had problems with big strong wrestlers. The guys that give him the most trouble are the great stand up guys. What's Brock good at? Check and mate.

MOhillbilly
07-29-2009, 08:04 AM
fedor v brock will be a great fight cause someones hero will die. always makes for a good fight imo.

El Jefe
07-29-2009, 08:11 AM
You're basically saying that Fujita is less of a fighter than Brock Lesnar. Whaaaa????

Fujita hit Fedor square and Fedor was knocked out on his feet, recovered, then sub'd Fujita. Everyone knows the slam Randleman put on him would have killed a lot of guys. Fedor won that fight too.

I'm not concerned about Brock's crappy punching and fat-man-lay style with Fedor. He's had heavier opponents on top of him, he's had guys who hit harder hit him. Worried about his take downs? Why? Fedor is a master on his back. This fight probably won't get out of the first round.

I saw someone mention the Arlovski fight. Arlovski was giving him trouble because Arlovski is a freak in terms of stand up. He's faster with his hands than a lot of 205 and 185 guys. Of course it gave Fedor some trouble. What eventually happened? He got KTFO.

Someone even mentioning the Arlovski fight is funny because the one thing that gave Fedor trouble, Arlovski's super fast hands, is something Lesnar does not have. So why even bring it up?

Fedor has never had problems with big strong wrestlers. The guys that give him the most trouble are the great stand up guys. What's Brock good at? Check and mate.

Wow, I couldn't write this any better myself, kudos.

ziggysocki
07-29-2009, 08:18 AM
fedor v brock will be a great fight cause someones hero will die. always makes for a good fight imo.

This.

Molitoth
07-29-2009, 08:28 AM
Fedor will be the Stone Cold Steve Austin of the MMA. Imagine the amount of apparell, etc they are going to sell, and how much money they are going to make off of him.

How the hell is TITO ending back up in UFC??? I think it's cool, I just can't imagine them getting along enough to work out a contract.

I can't wait for Silva vs Griffin!!!

El Jefe
07-29-2009, 08:54 AM
Fedor will be the Stone Cold Steve Austin of the MMA. Imagine the amount of apparell, etc they are going to sell, and how much money they are going to make off of him.

How the hell is TITO ending back up in UFC??? I think it's cool, I just can't imagine them getting along enough to work out a contract.

His Affliction Shirts suck right now, his nickname "The Last Emperor" is pretty cool, but his shirts need re-tooled. Who cares what I think, I only have 2 Affliction shirts I got for my birthday anyways. TITO is a has-been, he will get mopped up in that Division. Tito vs Kimbo, they have had some words, screw the weight difference, let them fight.

ArrowheadHawk
07-29-2009, 09:05 AM
His Affliction Shirts suck right now, his nickname "The Last Emperor" is pretty cool, but his shirts need re-tooled. Who cares what I think, I only have 2 Affliction shirts I got for my birthday anyways. TITO is a has-been, he will get mopped up in that Division. Tito vs Kimbo, they have had some words, screw the weight difference, let them fight.
Now that I would pay to watch.

Molitoth
07-29-2009, 09:07 AM
Things are looking good for UFC imo.

ArrowheadHawk
07-29-2009, 09:10 AM
Things are looking good for UFC imo.

Lets just hope they don't go back to putting on crappy events because there is no competition.

TheGuardian
07-29-2009, 09:13 AM
Tito vs Kimbo would be a massacre. Kimbo has no ground game, Tito would shoot and take him to the ground and pound the living hell out of him in the first round. And I'm no Tito fan but a guy like Kimbo presents Tito's dream matchup. A guy with no jaw and no ground skills. Tito could do anything he wanted.

Molitoth
07-29-2009, 09:15 AM
Lets just hope they don't go back to putting on crappy events because there is no competition.

True.

101 is looking like a great night, I really hope it measures up to what it should be.

ArrowheadHawk
07-29-2009, 09:17 AM
Tito vs Kimbo would be a massacre. Kimbo has no ground game, Tito would shoot and take him to the ground and pound the living hell out of him in the first round. And I'm no Tito fan but a guy like Kimbo presents Tito's dream matchup. A guy with no jaw and no ground skills. Tito could do anything he wanted.

It still would be fun to watch though.

SAUTO
07-29-2009, 10:08 AM

how do you know kimbo wouldnt knock him out?

CoMoChief
07-29-2009, 10:13 AM

Sweet so when the sound of glass shattering that's when he's gonna ride out to the octagon on his camouflaged painted 4-wheeler, pretend to chug a shit load of beer but really just dumping 3/4 of it out.

IM ****ING PUMPED!!!!!

Mecca
07-29-2009, 11:09 AM
I wonder if Josh Barnett's calling is pro wrestling with all the steroid usage...

And Tito can draw a buyrate if his opponent plays along with him. He drew one with Shamrock when they were both washed up.

urgmasdaughter
07-29-2009, 11:34 AM
2010: Fedor vs Kimbo Slice. Let's make it interesting!!! haha

CoMoChief
07-29-2009, 11:34 AM
2010: Fedor vs Kimbo Slice. Let's make it interesting!!! haha

Fedor would get destroyed. Kimbo fears no one

BigVE
07-29-2009, 11:39 AM
To me, Tito has always been over-hyped and over-rated. Even if he were still in his prime he would struggle against today's talent....the only reason he is getting another chance is CLEARLY only about ratings. Fedor is THE man. Fedor vs. Brock will be a HUGE draw, most likely one of the biggest PPV's in UFC history. Fedor looks to be the unstoppable but Brock is a beast so anything could happen. I am actually now finding myself rooting for Brock more now since so many are ruling him out. Brock has nothing to lose in this fight, he is SUPPOSED to lose, and if he DOES then he will still be able to make a "comeback" of sorts. If Fedor loses...then what? All the pressure is on Fedor. Don't forget the octagon is quite a bit different than a ring so there will be a bit of an adjustment for Fedor.

raybec 4
07-29-2009, 11:42 AM

Kimbo has been training with Bas Rutten for the last couple of years, he has to have improved over the Seth Petruzelli fiasco. Tito would probably have to move up to heavyweight because I don't know if Kimbo could cut to 205.

Mecca
07-29-2009, 11:42 AM
To me, Tito has always been over-hyped and over-rated. Even if he were still in his prime he would struggle against today's talent....the only reason he is getting another chance is CLEARLY only about ratings. Fedor is THE man. Fedor vs. Brock will be a HUGE draw, most likely one of the biggest PPV's in UFC history. Fedor looks to be the unstoppable but Brock is a beast so anything could happen. I am actually now finding myself rooting for Brock more now since so many are ruling him out. Brock has nothing to lose in this fight, he is SUPPOSED to lose, and if he DOES then he will still be able to make a "comeback" of sorts. If Fedor loses...then what? All the pressure is on Fedor. Don't forget the octagon is quite a bit different than a ring so there will be a bit of an adjustment for Fedor.

It's all about ratings and money, no matter how washed up Tito may be they can make a lot of money with him.

burt
07-29-2009, 11:47 AM
RegardingFedor:

Fedor/Tito Ortiz close to agreement with the UFC

Yes.....but will it be on grass or clay?

SAUTO
07-29-2009, 11:51 AM
Kimbo has been training with Bas Rutten for the last couple of years, he has to have improved over the Seth Petruzelli fiasco. Tito would probably have to move up to heavyweight because I don't know if Kimbo could cut to 205.

IMO any puncher has a chance. if you watch the petruzelli fight kimbo is on all 4s and it still looks like seth is hitting a tree, kimbo's head barely movesROFL

Mecca
07-29-2009, 11:54 AM
No matter how bad Kimbo sucks the UFC needs heavyweights people are interested in badly.

BigVE
07-29-2009, 11:57 AM
No matter how bad Kimbo sucks the UFC needs heavyweights people are interested in badly.

No doubt. I am wondering how well Kimbo will have to do on TUF to get a few undercard fights later on in UFC events. Obviously he will have to fight his way onto the show and my guess is win at least one more fight to appear somewhat legit. If gets is @ss beat right away nobody will care to see him anymore.

ArrowheadHawk
07-29-2009, 12:32 PM
I wish the ultimate fighter would start already.
Posted via Mobile Device

El Jefe
07-29-2009, 02:37 PM

I disagree, Kimbo had what 3 fights before he fought Seth? Kimbo was a street fighter turned MMA fighter, he is unpolished, everyone knows that. He has been training with Bas Rutten from the get go, and Im sure he is considerably better in all aspects since his last defeat. A puncher always has a chance, and he has very heavy hands. Kimbo isn't a push over in the strength department either, Tito would have to work to get him down.

El Jefe
07-29-2009, 02:38 PM

Wow I need to read the thread before making Reposts.

jidar
07-29-2009, 02:39 PM
Kimbo will never be in a UFC because he would have to work his way up the rankings to get on TV, same as everyone else. He's can't do it now, he's too old already.

El Jefe
07-29-2009, 02:40 PM
IMO any puncher has a chance. if you watch the petruzelli fight kimbo is on all 4s and it still looks like seth is hitting a tree, kimbo's head barely movesROFL

I agree. Tim Sylvia vs Ray Mercer, Is Sylvia better? Of course he is, did he get caught? Yes he did.

El Jefe
07-29-2009, 02:41 PM
Kimbo will never be in a UFC because he would have to work his way up the rankings to get on TV, same as everyone else. He's can't do it now, he's too old already.

You do realize he is on the UFC Ultimate Fighter? If he wins the show he has a contract with the UFC.

Brock
07-29-2009, 02:42 PM

I doubt that. He's appearing on TUF this fall, he draws money when he fights, he'll no doubt be appearing on fight cards.

El Jefe
07-29-2009, 02:45 PM
I doubt that. He's appearing on TUF this fall, he draws money when he fights, he'll no doubt be appearing on fight cards.

Read my post above he is on the Ultimate Fighter as well. People want to see this guy fight, so the UFC is going to use him as an added bonus on their cards. I like the guy, I think he is entertaining. The only thing that hinders his career is his age, he doesn't have time to make up the 10 years plus that he is behind in MMA training.

TheGuardian
07-29-2009, 03:48 PM

Kimbo does not train with Bas anymore and hasn't since the loss to Seth. In fact Bas can't stand Kimbo now.

Bwana
07-29-2009, 03:50 PM

Wrong

BigVE
07-29-2009, 03:52 PM
Kimbo does not train with Bas anymore and hasn't since the loss to Seth. In fact Bas can't stand Kimbo now.

True.

Found a little article: http://www.examiner.com/x-10947-Indianapolis-Fight-Sports-Examiner~y2009m6d27-Former-trainer-calls-Kombo-Slice-an-ahole

Kimbo Slice's former trainer had some choice words for the aspiring UFC fighter. Former trainer and highly-respected MMA legend Bas Rutten told UK's Fighters Only Magazine why he parted ways with former student and Youtube sensation MMA fighter wannabe Kimbo Slice. Rutten who started training Slice (Kevin Ferguson in real life) for the Elite XC left Slice after his loss to Seth Petruzelli.
Rutten was quoted by Fighters Only Mag saying,
"I misjudged him, he turned into a whole different person. I told him a few weeks ago, I had a sit down with him. I told him that he was an a**hole and that I have zero respect (for him] and I cant train people that I have no respect for. Can't ever,"
"He just turned into a different guy, he didn't need to do the things that I told him to do. He wasn't going to go to the ground, you know? The day before the [Petruzelli] fight, I told him I wanted to go over heel hooks and escapes, and he said "Nah, its not going to go to the ground".
I said 'Ha, I like that attitude - but what if it does go to the ground?' but he said 'Its not going to go'. So I said OK, but don't let me tell you 'I told you so' if he snaps your f*ckin' leg in half. He said 'I don't know if that's a good thing for you to be telling me mentally, before a fight'! I said 'I don't think its a good thing for you not to be doing what I tell you, before the fight"!
Slice is currently taping UFC's Ultimate Fighter 10 reality TV show coached by Quinton "Rampage" Jackson and Rashad Evans. It's going to be interesting who ended up coaching Slice and how he is going to respond to his coach and teammates and vice-versa and his real personality behind the scenes. Will there be "black-on-black crime" as Rampage said in the past? We'll see.

CoMoChief
07-29-2009, 04:10 PM
Rampage is as ever bit of a cocky asshole as Kimbo is (if in fact he is one, I dont know). But I've seen videos of Rampage in public etc on the internet and HE'S and asshole. Not to mention the wreckless driving massacre he pulled a year ago. I can definately see those 2 butt heads.

Halfcan
07-29-2009, 04:13 PM
Fug Tito-I would rather see Tito Jackson fight Janet.

keg in kc
07-29-2009, 05:17 PM
...--At today's Fedor Emelianenko press conference, nothing really new was said other than Fedor will be a headliner in the new EA Sports video game. They also announced both Renato Sobral and Gegard Mousasi were in the game. Dana White had said that anyone who is in the EA game with the exception of Randy Couture, will never fight in UFC. Just by how everything sounded, it seemed like nothing had changed regarding UFC negotiations. They insisted Fedor would not fight unless it was a co-promotion with M-1 Global.

--Regarding Lance Pugmire's report, Pugmire wrote that the UFC and Fedor negotiations are dragging and will likely not finish by Friday. He later wrote "second source close to Fedor Emelianenko confirms intense negotiations between fighter and UFC, declines to say it'll be done by Friday.

--The only thing we can say on the subject is that two different sources have told us negotiations between UFC and Fedor have fallen through again.

Mecca
07-29-2009, 05:21 PM
UFC cross promote with M-1 right....

I think it's becoming obvious this deal is never going to happen...Despite all the wins, Fedor's management have turned Fedor from a great fighter into a prima donna who asks for millions of dollars for one fight, and into one of the worst signings possible. He won't make your promotion money, but dammit PAY US 7 figures for 1 fight!

SAUTO
07-29-2009, 05:32 PM
UFC cross promote with M-1 right....

I think it's becoming obvious this deal is never going to happen...Despite all the wins, Fedor's management have turned Fedor from a great fighter into a prima donna who asks for millions of dollars for one fight, and into one of the worst signings possible. He won't make your promotion money, but dammit PAY US 7 figures for 1 fight!

ROFL prima donna??? he wants to fight THE BEST, and if thats not in the UFC he wants the opportunity to fight them. thats why there is a stipulation in his M-1 contract stating that they must offer the UFC champ 1 million more than his TOTAL UFC contract to fight 1 fight against fedor

Mecca
07-29-2009, 05:35 PM
Why would a promotion sign a guy who wants to do that? You do understand that a promotion like UFC is not going to have a guy come in beat their champ then leave right?

Mizzou_8541
07-29-2009, 05:51 PM

That was epic. One of my favorite MMA memories.

Mizzou_8541
07-29-2009, 05:55 PM
Wow I actually agree with you. Seriously though, yes Brock would have a chance, any fighter has a chance. I equate Brock's chance of beating Fedor to the odds of the Chiefs winning the Superbowl this year. Is it possible, yea, but unlikely, most definetely.

Heh. Yeah, I mean you never know. On paper, it would appear Lesnar has very little chance.

Jerm
07-30-2009, 02:25 PM
http://insidefights.com/2009/07/29/the-specifics-of-zuffas-offer-to-fedor-emelianenko/

If that was the true offer and it was turned down, Fedor and his camp are an absolute joke.

There is no other logical place for the guy to go...it's time he comes to the UFC and ends this.

Fedor needs the UFC...they don't need him...it's about time that M-1 and Fedor himself come to grips with this and signs. Sure he can go to Strikforce, fight a couple of cans, and then what? He's in the same position.

I don't care what anyone says, Fedor and M-1 CONTINUING to make it almost impossible for Fedor to sign with the UFC tarnishes his legacay. If he never comes to the UFC, it'll always be "what if"...I mean White and the UFC is almost bending over backwards and it STILL isn't good enough.

I'm almost to the point where I could care less if Fedor ever steps foot in the Octagon or not...I love MMA and the UFC and that won't change.

El Jefe
07-30-2009, 02:56 PM
http://insidefights.com/2009/07/29/the-specifics-of-zuffas-offer-to-fedor-emelianenko/

If that was the true offer and it was turned down, Fedor and his camp are an absolute joke.

There is no other logical place for the guy to go...it's time he comes to the UFC and ends this.

Fedor needs the UFC...they don't need him...it's about time that M-1 and Fedor himself come to grips with this and signs. Sure he can go to Strikforce, fight a couple of cans, and then what? He's in the same position.

I don't care what anyone says, Fedor and M-1 CONTINUING to make it almost impossible for Fedor to sign with the UFC tarnishes his legacay. If he never comes to the UFC, it'll always be "what if"...I mean White and the UFC is almost bending over backwards and it STILL isn't good enough.

I'm almost to the point where I could care less if Fedor ever steps foot in the Octagon or not...I love MMA and the UFC and that won't change.

LMAO. Fedor has said many times he is only going to keep fighting for the money, he has nothing to prove. He could care less about what people think about him, he just wants paid what he wants and get what he wants. Do I think its dumb, yes, but then again I'm not the best MMA fighter in the world. Make no mistake, he does not NEED the UFC they need him, Dana see's all the dollar signs that he would make with Fedor, and Fedor wants those big dollar signs also. Fedor has said he wanted to fight a few more fights and that's it, now what his definition of a "few" is who knows. I want to see him fights Lesnar, I hope it happens, but who knows anymore.

Jerm
07-30-2009, 03:03 PM
LMAO. Fedor has said many times he is only going to keep fighting for the money, he has nothing to prove. He could care less about what people think about him, he just wants paid what he wants and get what he wants. Do I think its dumb, yes, but then again I'm not the best MMA fighter in the world. Make no mistake, he does not NEED the UFC they need him, Dana see's all the dollar signs that he would make with Fedor, and Fedor wants those big dollar signs also. Fedor has said he wanted to fight a few more fights and that's it, now what his definition of a "few" is who knows. I want to see him fights Lesnar, I hope it happens, but who knows anymore.

The UFC doesn't NEED Fedor man....they've done just fine without him and will continue to do fine with or without him.

Hell the casual followership of the UFC nowadays probably don't even know who Fedor is or what Pride is.

I think he needs them to remain viable now and in the future...really, where else can he go and what else can he do outside of the UFC?

M-1 seriously overestimates Fedor's popularity and drawing power outside of the hardcore MMA fanbase...the two PPV's with him was the headliner completely bombed.

Fedor was dominant in Pride, no doubt about that...that was Pride and that was the past. Everybody wants to see how he'd do against the elite in the UFC who have all evolved into better fighters.

The fact that he and his management keep making it damn near impossible to get a deal done is just a joke and makes them look bad...what else can Dana and the UFC do??? Co-promotion is such an absurd demand, it's not even worth discussing.

It's just my opinion that Fedor needs the UFC...it'll leave a lot of unanswered questions and make people doubt him if he never fights there, all I'm saying.

CroCop was in the same position but he finally wised up, why can't Fedor?

raybec 4
07-30-2009, 03:04 PM
everything I've heard indicates he doesn't want to sign for six fights. they may have a better shot at getting him to sign a two or three fight deal.

Jerm
07-30-2009, 03:04 PM
everything I've heard indicates he doesn't want to sign for six fights. they may have a better shot at getting him to sign a two or three fight deal.

The sticking point is this stupid co-promotion BS...I think he'd sign a 6 fight deal, esp. if they would let him compete in Sambo.

raybec 4
07-30-2009, 03:08 PM
The UFC doesn't NEED Fedor man....they've done just fine without him and will continue to do fine with or without him.

Hell the casual followership of the UFC nowadays probably don't even know who Fedor is or what Pride is.

I think he needs them to remain viable now and in the future...really, where else can he go and what else can he do outside of the UFC?

M-1 seriously overestimates Fedor's popularity and drawing power outside of the hardcore MMA fanbase...the two PPV's with him was the headliner completely bombed.

Fedor was dominant in Pride, no doubt about that...that was Pride and that was the past. Everybody wants to see how he'd do against the elite in the UFC who have all evolved into better fighters.

The fact that he and his management keep making it damn near impossible to get a deal done is just a joke and makes them look bad...what else can Dana and the UFC do??? Co-promotion is such an absurd demand, it's not even worth discussing.

It's just my opinion that Fedor needs the UFC...it'll leave a lot of unanswered questions and make people doubt him if he never fights there, all I'm saying.

I disagree that CroCop was in the same position. He was on the down hill slide before he signed with the UFC. I'm not a Fedor lover like a lot of these cats, but he is far and away the best thing going in the heavyweight division. Heavy is the weakest division in the UFC and needs some help, he may not be the answer simply because nobody could even come close to beating him at this point .

Jerm
07-30-2009, 03:14 PM
I disagree that CroCop was in the same position. He was on the down hill slide before he signed with the UFC. I'm not a Fedor lover like a lot of these cats, but he is far and away the best thing going in the heavyweight division. Heavy is the weakest division in the UFC and needs some help, he may not be the answer simply because nobody could even come close to beating him at this point .

My point with CroCop was that he was a "big name" from Pride and had constantly flirted with the UFC but never went but realized that when Pride went under, there was no other option outside of the UFC.

I don't agree that Fedor is unbeatable...I def. think Lesnar would give him problems and there's a couple of other potential tricky fights for him in the HW division.

Doesn't matter either way, we'll probably never see any of these fights anyways.

BigVE
07-30-2009, 03:15 PM
The only thing that the UFC needs from Fedor is for him to come over and legitimize Brock's heavyweight champion status...if Brock were to beat Fedor then it again puts the UFC on top of all other organizations champs bar none. Fedor is already considered one of the best pound for pound guys in the world of mma so his only real motivation is/was/will be cash money and to me that seems to be waning a bit where he is at. Look at some of the guys he has fought the last year and a half and it makes the UFC heavyweights look like all-stars. UFC and Fedor will be just fine without each other but for the FANS this marriage needs to happen.

El Jefe
07-30-2009, 03:55 PM

Yes they need him, their Heavyweight division is a joke and any MMA fan knows this. I agree with the fact it's a little mind boggling to wonder about how much Fedor wants, seeing as the bounty he has already turned down. I think he needs to suck it up and fight, but IMO it would in no way tarnish his image if he didn't fight again, he is arguably the best MMA fighter of All Time.

kcxiv
07-30-2009, 04:00 PM
They want him, but they dont need him. Doesnt matter if some think he's the best mma fighter of all time. Dana is doing quite well without him.

There isnt much more Dana can do, its all in Fedor's hands now. If he comes over then great, if not. move on.

Fishpicker
07-30-2009, 04:43 PM
the UFC doesn't need Fedor & Fedor doesn't need the UFC. (although the UFC does need heavyweights desperately) I really don't see how Fedor's legacy would be damaged by not fighting in the UFC. Losing to Lesnar would destroy his legacy though. (not likely but there is always a chance of that happening) So I don't blame Fedor for not signing. Besides that, White doesn't take care of his fighters that he has on contract so I think Fedor should be wary.

Halfcan
07-30-2009, 04:47 PM
fedork is scared of Lesnar

Mizzou_8541
07-30-2009, 10:08 PM

Dumb.

Pablo
07-30-2009, 10:15 PM
fedork is scared of LesnarYou fail. So hard.

Basileus777
07-30-2009, 10:53 PM
Of course the UFC doesn't need Fedor. They just had one of the biggest PPV's ever and most of that audience has no idea who Fedor is.

Mecca
07-30-2009, 10:55 PM
I don't think Fedor/Lesnar will draw a higher buyrate than the fight that just happened...a lot of the fans UFC is making the money off don't know who the fuck Fedor is.

Basileus777
07-30-2009, 10:57 PM
I don't think Fedor/Lesnar will draw a higher buyrate than the fight that just happened...a lot of the fans UFC is making the money off don't know who the fuck Fedor is.

I don't know if it would be bigger than UFC 100, but it would be still huge. Not because of the hardcore niche that cares about Fedor, but because marketing Lesnar vs the unstoppable Russian would be pretty easy.

Bwana
07-30-2009, 10:57 PM

:shake:

KcMizzou
07-30-2009, 11:00 PM
I don't think Fedor/Lesnar will draw a higher buyrate than the fight that just happened...a lot of the fans UFC is making the money off don't know who the **** Fedor is.It's hard for me to imagine anyone who doesn't know who Fedor is... but I suppose you could be right.

Bwana
07-30-2009, 11:01 PM
I don't think Fedor/Lesnar will draw a higher buyrate than the fight that just happened...a lot of the fans UFC is making the money off don't know who the **** Fedor is.

I thought you were not into MMA?

Mecca
07-30-2009, 11:01 PM
I don't know if it would be bigger than UFC 100, but it would be still huge. Not because of the hardcore niche that cares about Fedor, but because marketing Lesnar vs the unstoppable Russian would be pretty easy.

Part of the buyrate with Lesnar is that people think he's a dick and want to see him get beat. If Fedor didn't talk shit about him Lesnar would be respectful like he was with Couture..and I don't see Fedor talking shit.

If they pay Fedor a lot of money I'm not sure how much if it they'll make back plus profit he's not a proven big draw. His PPV headlining shows haven't done huge buys.

Mecca
07-30-2009, 11:03 PM
It's hard for me to imagine anyone who doesn't know who Fedor is... but I suppose you could be right.

A lot of the "boom era" fans that UFC has right now only know UFC, think of it as a Chiefs fan that couldn't name 5 other players on another teams roster.

Basileus777
07-30-2009, 11:08 PM
Part of the buyrate with Lesnar is that people think he's a dick and want to see him get beat. If Fedor didn't talk shit about him Lesnar would be respectful like he was with Couture..and I don't see Fedor talking shit.

If they pay Fedor a lot of money I'm not sure how much if it they'll make back plus profit he's not a proven big draw. His PPV headlining shows haven't done huge buys.

Fedor was on promotions that were irrelevant in the US. For much of the expanded audience that UFC 100 drew in, UFC is synonymous with MMA. I think Dana White and co. are capable of generating a lot more hype for someone like Fedor. Even without all the heat it shouldn't be too hard, Fedor even fits into that stereotypical unbeatable Russian archetype. And there will still be plenty of MMA fans rooting against Brock.

Mecca
07-30-2009, 11:11 PM
It'll do a good number because it's a UFC event and people buy those. But I also don't think it's this buyrate shattering all time top buy event some like to think it would be.

CoMoChief
07-31-2009, 03:24 AM
I'm gonna have to disagree with mecca. I think the people that are consistant with buying the PPVs, or go to the matches know who Fedor is. Or at least have gotten to know who this guy is in the past year or so. And theres gonna be so much hype surrounding this fight that the people who don't know who Fedor is soon will, or at least will be curious enough to buy the PPV, if not more just because he's labeled as the guy who potentially can man-handle Lesnar. And being as dominant as Lesnar's been, people will just wanna see that alone.

As soon as Affliction went under, the hype immediately began for this potential superfight between the physical beast juggernaut that is Lesnar against the unstoppable Russian Emelianenko.

This fight is going to have the hype of Epic proportions. You can forget the Mir Lesnar fight. this is going to be all over ESPN and other sports networks. This fight is going to be the next Ali/Forman fight. People all over the world are going to watch this fight. It will get enough hype that people that don't ever watch MMA will watch this fight.

This is the real life Rocky IV.

Jim Jones
07-31-2009, 06:54 AM
Uh yeah, definitely gonna have to disagree. It will no doubt be a huge selling PPV. I think "Fedor" is a name that most casual fight fans know by now and those who don't.. well, by the time the UFC hype machine gets done with that fight, there's no doubt it will be one of the biggest fights ever.

Still think he needs to sign though. All the people who think it won't hurt his legacy are just being foolish. Some will blindly ignore it, but I'd say a good 90% of people will always say "Yeah, Fedor was awesome, BUT.."

It'd be nice if he'd drop these M-1 tards and just sign the fucking contract.

SAUTO
07-31-2009, 07:06 AM
My point with CroCop was that he was a "big name" from Pride and had constantly flirted with the UFC but never went but realized that when Pride went under, there was no other option outside of the UFC.

I don't agree that Fedor is unbeatable...I def. think Lesnar would give him problems and there's a couple of other potential tricky fights for him in the HW division.

Doesn't matter either way, we'll probably never see any of these fights anyways.

Cro Cop's problem was with dana white, hence the fact that it took a visit from fertita himself to get him back, IMO dana will be gone soon. why else would fertita leave the casino to "co-president" the ufc?

SAUTO
07-31-2009, 07:08 AM

sorry man but this post is full of a whole lotta stupid.

raybec 4
07-31-2009, 07:21 AM
Cro Cop's problem was with dana white, hence the fact that it took a visit from fertita himself to get him back, IMO dana will be gone soon. why else would fertita leave the casino to "co-president" the ufc?

I doubt Dana is going anywhere, he is almost as big a star as the fighters. Long and short of it is he is a complete dildo but he is awesome at his job.

SAUTO
07-31-2009, 07:23 AM
I doubt Dana is going anywhere, he is almost as big a star as the fighters. Long and short of it is he is a complete dildo but he is awesome at his job.

sooner or later. like i said the fertita seems a little strange to me.

Mecca
07-31-2009, 07:29 AM
sorry man but this post is full of a whole lotta stupid.

I know a ton of people that watch UFC that don't realize other fight companies even exist...I'm more referencing the newfound fans that only know UFC not people that obviously more deeply follow it.

Sometimes you have to separate the level of fans. Now can the UFC hype machine make it work, yes it can. But right now that point isn't really even worth making anymore because I don't know if a deal will ever get done.

Fedor's management is stubborn as hell and UFC has a rep of low balling fighters.

Right now I have a hard time believing it'll happen. It's still possible since the places he can work are dwindling. His options right now are UFC, Sengoku or DREAM.

If Sengoku or DREAM pay him the kind of money he expects it will hurt them financially much like it did Bodog and Affliction who went out of business. Affliction was stupid with the amount of money the paid everyone not just Fedor so I guess he was smart to get in on it.

I guess he could hope that Sengoku and DREAM run some dual shows like they had one back in 07 then they could afford him and make profit but I'm not seeing that.

He has limited options...

Mecca
07-31-2009, 07:31 AM

They are in no way shape or form going to get rid of Dana White who is spearheading the MMA boom that would be retardation.

Dana talks alot of out of his ass like Tito, notice he's back now? He'd take Cro Cop back too...just the same as he said fighters who sign contracts for the EA MMA game aren't welcome in UFC. Well Couture has one..Fedor signed one...

He talks a big game but when it comes to money he'll go back on what he said.

Bwana
07-31-2009, 07:58 AM
I know a ton of people that watch UFC that don't realize other fight companies even exist...I'm more referencing the newfound fans that only know UFC not people that obviously more deeply follow it.

Sometimes you have to separate the level of fans. Now can the UFC hype machine make it work, yes it can. But right now that point isn't really even worth making anymore because I don't know if a deal will ever get done.

Fedor's management is stubborn as hell and UFC has a rep of low balling fighters.

Right now I have a hard time believing it'll happen. It's still possible since the places he can work are dwindling. His options right now are UFC, Sengoku or DREAM.

If Sengoku or DREAM pay him the kind of money he expects it will hurt them financially much like it did Bodog and Affliction who went out of business. Affliction was stupid with the amount of money the paid everyone not just Fedor so I guess he was smart to get in on it.

I guess he could hope that Sengoku and DREAM run some dual shows like they had one back in 07 then they could afford him and make profit but I'm not seeing that.

He has limited options...

What it boils down to is marketing and promotion strength.

keg in kc
07-31-2009, 08:00 AM
.Tito Ortiz posted "My fans have made a decision easier for me to make. The future of my career will be made tomorrow. I hope youu will be as happy as I am."

This would seem to be a confirmation of what has been expected all week, that among the things announced tomorrow (Friday...) would be the return of Ortiz to UFC.

Basileus777
08-03-2009, 11:13 AM
Strikeforce signs Fedor Emelianenko to multi-fight deal, M-1 to co-promote (http://mmajunkie.com/news/15713/breaking-news-strikeforce-signs-fedor-emelianenko-to-multi-fight-deal-m-1-to-co-promote.mma)

After last week's negotiations with the UFC failed due to co-promoting demands, Fedor Emelianenko has instead signed a multi-fight deal with the UFC's biggest competitor, Strikeforce.

The organization today announced it has signed Emelianenko (30-1) to a multi-fight deal that will have him fight under the Strikeforce banner in events co-headlined M-1 Global. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.

No specific date has been determined for his first Strikeforce fight, but Emelianenko will make his promotional debut this fall on Showtime, according to today's announcement.

"I am looking forward to going back to work and fighting at the highest level," Emelianenko stated. "Strikeforce is a top fight promotion that houses some of the greatest fighters in the world. I am prepared to fight any of them."

Emelianeko hit the open market last month when Affliction Entertainment canceled its Aug. 1 "Trilogy" event after Emelianenko's main-event opponent, Josh Barnett, was denied a license because of a failed drug test due to an anabolic steroid. Affliction then announced it had ceased all promotional operations and would return to the UFC as an official sponsor.

UFC president Dana White last week suggested he gave his best effort to signing the Russian fighter, who had negotiated with the organization multiple times in the past, but that ultimately even offering Emelianenko "the most amazing deal" wasn't enough.

As Emelianenko's manager, M-1 Global co-owner and president Vadim Finkelchtein, suggested during a July 29 press conference, the UFC's refusal to co-promote shows with M-1 was likely the negotiations' biggest hurdle.

"How are they going to help us co-promote?" White said. "They're going to help us? That [expletive] might work in Russia (but) not here."

Strikeforce, though, which has previously co-promoted with organizations such as EliteXC and BodogFIGHT, is willing to work with M-1.

"We are extremely excited to have the opportunity to work with M-1 Global and Fedor," Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker stated. "Fedor has been the reigning king of MMA's heavyweight division for quite some time now so being able to work with M-1 and Fedor will substantially increase the level of competition amongst the athletes in this weight class."

Strikeforce, one of the few financially successful promotions outside of the UFC, launched its MMA division in 2006 and has grown the company substantially with a highlights show on NBC and live events on Showtime and HDNet. The San Jose, Calif.-based organization is also believed to be close to signing a deal with CBS, the former home of the now-defunct EliteXC promotion, that would put its live shows on major U.S. network television for the first time.

Emelianenko, a longtime PRIDE champion who's widely regarded as the sport's No. 1 ranked heavyweight, currently owns a 24-fight win streak. He becomes an immediate challenger in Strikeforce's heavyweight division, which currently boasts Alistair Overeem as its champion. However, Overeem hasn't fought since winning the title in November 2007 and was recently scratched from an Aug. 15 title with Fabricio Werdum because of a hand injury.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/15713/breaking-news-strikeforce-signs-fedor-emelianenko-to-multi-fight-deal-m-1-to-co-promote.mma

SAUTO
08-03-2009, 11:29 AM
They are in no way shape or form going to get rid of Dana White who is spearheading the MMA boom that would be retardation.

Dana talks alot of out of his ass like Tito, notice he's back now? He'd take Cro Cop back too...just the same as he said fighters who sign contracts for the EA MMA game aren't welcome in UFC. Well Couture has one..Fedor signed one...

He talks a big game but when it comes to money he'll go back on what he said.

cro-cop IS back, guess who pulled that out? fertita himself flew to cro-cop's house and got the deal done. dana fucked it up and fertitia fixed it.

CoMoChief
08-03-2009, 11:50 AM
Well I dont who's gonna fight Fedor in that league. He might as well not even fight and just retire or do whatever he was gonna do in his post-fight career. There's no one in that league that stands a chance against him. It would be like an NBA team playing a WNBA team. Does he really think it's worth stomping through a few pee-ons is really going to justify his "legendary" career?

"I am looking forward to going back to work and fighting at the highest level," Emelianenko stated. "Strikeforce is a top fight promotion that houses some of the greatest fighters in the world. I am prepared to fight any of them."

Uhhh you're not in the UFC, so this quote is mainly full of shit.

This is nothing more than cliche' speak. Of course he's happy about getting paid and allowing his promotional company get half their (Strikeforce's) business. Reality......Strikeforce doesn't even compare to UFC when it comes to ratings, more importanly the quality of fighters. I can't name one HW fighter in strikeforce other than Brett Rogers Kevin Randleman, and Bob Sapp. And if that's going to be considered as their main draw in that division......that company won't be around for long. Their champion now Overeem would get destroyed in the UFC.

El Jefe
08-03-2009, 11:51 AM
Strikeforce signs Fedor Emelianenko to multi-fight deal, M-1 to co-promote (http://mmajunkie.com/news/15713/breaking-news-strikeforce-signs-fedor-emelianenko-to-multi-fight-deal-m-1-to-co-promote.mma)

After last week's negotiations with the UFC failed due to co-promoting demands, Fedor Emelianenko has instead signed a multi-fight deal with the UFC's biggest competitor, Strikeforce.
The organization today announced it has signed Emelianenko (30-1) to a multi-fight deal that will have him fight under the Strikeforce banner in events co-headlined M-1 Global. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.

No specific date has been determined for his first Strikeforce fight, but Emelianenko will make his promotional debut this fall on Showtime, according to today's announcement.

Emelianeko hit the open market last month when Affliction Entertainment canceled its Aug. 1 "Trilogy" event after Emelianenko's main-event opponent, Josh Barnett, was denied a license because of a failed drug test due to an anabolic steroid. Affliction then announced it had ceased all promotional operations and would return to the UFC as an official sponsor.

UFC president Dana White last week suggested he gave his best effort to signing the Russian fighter, who had negotiated with the organization multiple times in the past, but that ultimately even offering Emelianenko "the most amazing deal" wasn't enough.

As Emelianenko's manager, M-1 Global co-owner and president Vadim Finkelchtein, suggested during a July 29 press conference, the UFC's refusal to co-promote shows with M-1 was likely the negotiations' biggest hurdle.

"How are they going to help us co-promote?" White said. "They're going to help us? That [expletive] might work in Russia (but) not here."

Strikeforce, though, which has previously co-promoted with organizations such as EliteXC and BodogFIGHT, is willing to work with M-1.

"We are extremely excited to have the opportunity to work with M-1 Global and Fedor," Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker stated. "Fedor has been the reigning king of MMA's heavyweight division for quite some time now so being able to work with M-1 and Fedor will substantially increase the level of competition amongst the athletes in this weight class."

Strikeforce, one of the few financially successful promotions outside of the UFC, launched its MMA division in 2006 and has grown the company substantially with a highlights show on NBC and live events on Showtime and HDNet. The San Jose, Calif.-based organization is also believed to be close to signing a deal with CBS, the former home of the now-defunct EliteXC promotion, that would put its live shows on major U.S. network television for the first time.

Emelianenko, a longtime PRIDE champion who's widely regarded as the sport's No. 1 ranked heavyweight, currently owns a 24-fight win streak. He becomes an immediate challenger in Strikeforce's heavyweight division, which currently boasts Alistair Overeem as its champion. However, Overeem hasn't fought since winning the title in November 2007 and was recently scratched from an Aug. 15 title with Fabricio Werdum because of a hand injury.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/15713/breaking-news-strikeforce-signs-fedor-emelianenko-to-multi-fight-deal-m-1-to-co-promote.mma

This sucks, I really wanted to see Fedor vs Lesnar. I think it's a joke though that they said "Strikeforce is the UFC's biggest competitor", it's only a competitor because they havent gone out of business yet. UFC is the top in MMA, and I hate to see Fedor go else where, but it is what it is.

El Jefe
08-03-2009, 11:54 AM
Well I dont who's gonna fight Fedor in that league. He might as well not even fight and just retire or do whatever he was gonna do in his post-fight career. There's no one in that league that stands a chance against him. It would be like an NBA team playing a WNBA team. Does he really think it's worth stomping through a few pee-ons is really going to justify his "legendary" career?

Uhhh you're not in the UFC, so this quote is mainly full of shit.
This is nothing more than cliche' speak. Of course he's happy about getting paid and allowing his promotional company get half their (Strikeforce's) business. Reality......Strikeforce doesn't even compare to UFC when it comes to ratings, more importanly the quality of fighters. I can't name one HW fighter in strikeforce other than Brett Rogers Kevin Randleman, and Bob Sapp. And if that's going to be considered as their main draw in that division......that company won't be around for long. Their champion now Overeem would get destroyed in the UFC.

I actually agree with you on something.

Mecca
08-03-2009, 11:55 AM
I wonder if strikeforce will go out of business now...Fedor has a nice record of having the promotions he fights for go under.

CoMoChief
08-03-2009, 12:03 PM
It will only be a matter of time before that league will fold, just like the others have.

Then Fedor will either fight in the UFC because he WANTS to fight the best and in the best league.

Or he will go off to Japan and fight and no one will give a shit about him anymore.

Valiant
08-03-2009, 12:18 PM
It will only be a matter of time before that league will fold, just like the others have.

Then Fedor will either fight in the UFC because he WANTS to fight the best and in the best league.

Or he will go off to Japan and fight and no one will give a shit about him anymore.

It will be funny because I don't think he will get the same contract offer again, especially if there is no other league to compete with ufc anymore.. Japan might be his only option left..

Seems like he is trying to avoid UFC, must not like Dana White.. Which I can see..

CoMoChief
08-03-2009, 12:51 PM
It will be funny because I don't think he will get the same contract offer again, especially if there is no other league to compete with ufc anymore.. Japan might be his only option left..

Seems like he is trying to avoid UFC, must not like Dana White.. Which I can see..

I dont think it has anything to do with him not liking White, it has everything to do with money.

And rightfully so, Dana White told the sputnik's to go fuck themselves if they think they can walk in with one fighter and take half their business. That's fuckin insane. Dana White built that company up to what it is today and he's not going to let half their business go to some foreign promotional company.

raybec 4
08-03-2009, 12:51 PM
Alistair Overeem is the only decent heavyweight in that promotion. Brett Rogers hasn't proven shit, Fedor's shit gets old. He just wants to cash checks, not fight the best.

TrickyNicky
08-03-2009, 01:05 PM
I wonder if strikeforce will go out of business now...Fedor has a nice record of having the promotions he fights for go under.

to be fair, Pride died because they were partially owned by the Yakuza, the media got wind of it, and they lost their TV deal.

Buck
05-27-2010, 03:08 AM
Tito Ortiz is a tool. Tavares got kicked in his face.