PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs More LJ Fodder for Go Chiefs...ugh.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-29-2009, 09:14 PM
New regime has Johnson happy to stay in KC
07/29 6:36 PM
A new regime in Kansas City has Larry Johnson happy to be there.
Larry Johnson� will head to Rivers Falls, Wisc., on Thursday for the start of training camp for the Kansas City Chiefs.
And he's thrilled about it. Six months ago, that seemed impossible. Johnson's departure from Kansas City seemed inevitable after a rough 2008 season that was his sixth in a productive but rocky career in Kansas City.
Johnson requested a trade on numerous occasions in the past year.
Now, however, the standout running back wants to be in Kansas City. In his first comments about his change of heart, Johnson told ESPN.com that his rebirth in Kansas City is due to the arrival of general manager Scott Pioli, head coach Todd Haley and assistant head coach Maurice Carthon.
"I want to be here because of Scott Pioli's commitment to winning," Johnson said. "He has a no-nonsense approach and coach Haley's offensive system fits me. My decision to want to stay here is really based on what those guys are doing here."
Johnson was indirectly critical of the previous Kansas City regime. General manager Carl Peterson and coach Herm Edwards were not brought back after the Chiefs went 2-14 last season.
"These guys are going to put the players on the field who can best help the team. They are not going to worry about four or five years down the road," Johnson said. "There is a new excitement in Kansas City. I believe in these guys and what they are going to do to make the Chiefs a winner."
Johnson acknowledged that he had to work to gain the trust of the new Kansas City leadership. He said he had to shed his perception of being a "locker room cancer." He said he did so by "working my butt off and shutting my mouth."
Johnson attended the team's offseason workout program and tried to impress his coaches with his work ethic. He said he bonded with Carthon, who will oversee the team's running backs, as well as Haley.
"I think I fit their power running offense and I think I can be a workhorse in this system," Johnson said. "I'm very excited about the opportunity here."
Johnson, who'll turn 30 in November, was suspended a total of four games in 2008 by the Chiefs and the league after being arrested twice for incidents involving women in nightclubs. In March, he pled guilty to the two 2008 incidents and was sentenced to two years probation.
He had 874 yards on 193 carries (a 4.5 yard per carry average) in 2008. He believes he can become the 400-carry-a-season player he was in 2006 when he set an NFL record with 416 carries.
"The team is committed to running the ball and I think I'll be a big part of it," Johnson said. "I'm really happy to be part of it."
Bill Williamson covers the AFC West for ESPN.com.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-29-2009, 09:16 PM
"Working my butt off and shutting my mouth".

Just keep repeating that mantra, LJ; let it soooooooooooooooak in.

Hammock Parties
07-29-2009, 09:18 PM
There's no space in my name and Larry is a beast of natural forces.

Marcellus
07-29-2009, 09:19 PM
Sounds good, but talk is cheap.

RustShack
07-29-2009, 09:19 PM
NFL MVP!

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-29-2009, 09:21 PM
There's no space in my name and Larry is a beast of natural forces.

Maybe if you'd quit changing your name once a month I might remember such trivialities.

the Talking Can
07-29-2009, 09:24 PM
i thought he played harder for herm because herm was black?

Reerun_KC
07-29-2009, 09:28 PM

ROFL

Yeah okay...

Hammock Parties
07-29-2009, 09:30 PM
Maybe if you'd quit changing your name once a month I might remember such trivialities.

I have changed my name once in a year, probably more.

Larry's comments indicate we have no clue what's coming on offense.

Goldmember
07-29-2009, 09:31 PM

Herm out, Maurice in

Reerun_KC
07-29-2009, 09:36 PM
Maybe LJ will get his shit together, Not that I care or he is worth much to the franchise, but would be nice to run his sorry dick into the dirt until he is worthless....

Which might only be a year away... Sooner the cancer is gone the better we will be.

Hammock Parties
07-29-2009, 09:38 PM
Fuck

You

Guys

the Talking Can
07-29-2009, 09:43 PM
if they would tie Jay-Z, a bottle of cheap champagne, and a drunk bitch (with a "spit on me" sign taped over her face) to the goalpost, LJ would score on every play....

Hammock Parties
07-29-2009, 09:45 PM
if they would tie Jay-Z, a bottle of cheap champagne, and a drunk bitch (with a "spit on me" sign taped over her face) to the goalpost, LJ would score on every play....

Sort of like the blue blooded version of Bam Morris and cheeseburgers...ROFL

LaChapelle
07-29-2009, 09:57 PM
LJ learned fear under Herm's time here. The fear of Dick Curl's arm draped around his shoulder. THen the hand slowly working it's way down the back of his jersey.

Titty Meat
07-29-2009, 10:00 PM
LJ was the only player to call out the team. Why the fans don't love him is an interesting question.

sportsman1
07-29-2009, 10:04 PM
Because thugs, and douche-nozzles aren't respected here. Which is quite a novel concept. Verdict is out though. I really hope he does shut his mouth, and play good ball. Don't know who wouldn't want that.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-29-2009, 10:06 PM
I have changed my name once in a year, probably more.

Larry's comments indicate we have no clue what's coming on offense.

I've heard "we're gonna' run" from Haley already.

And whether it be LJ or Charles, or LJ AND Charles mixing it up each game:

I approve.

MMXcalibur
07-30-2009, 08:59 AM
Whew, he's deciding to honor his contract. That's a relief.

Bwana
07-30-2009, 09:05 AM
Translation: "There is no team in the NFL where I'm going to come close to making the money KC is paying me, perhaps I should stfd and stfu."

Bwana
07-30-2009, 09:30 AM
Hmmmm

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9746990/Positional-Power-Rankings:-RB-packages?GT1=39002

Hammock Parties
07-30-2009, 09:31 AM
That's pretty ignorant.

Bwana
07-30-2009, 09:36 AM
That's pretty ignorant.

Really? Where do you see them ranked?

Hammock Parties
07-30-2009, 09:39 AM
I think offseason rankings in general are pretty stupid.

But I would wager if the Chiefs tried to trade LJ and Charles as a package a lot of teams would be interested.

Bwana
07-30-2009, 09:43 AM
I think offseason rankings in general are pretty stupid.

But I would wager if the Chiefs tried to trade LJ and Charles as a package a lot of teams would be interested.

No way would they trade "both." What do you think LJ would bring in the open market for trade value?

Farzin
07-30-2009, 09:47 AM
I'm really glad to see the national media has taken notice in LJ's current mood with the Chiefs. I feel he can pass the 1'000 yard mark (1'000 yards isn't a big deal, but he'll get a lot more, I think. He's got a better line and a better group of players around him.)

He's eligible for the comeback player award, right? He missed 13 games and has put up a 1'433 (4.1 YPC average) the past two years combined. whether he wins the award or not, I'm excited to watch him this year because he'll be able to provide big numbers for the Chiefs. They are 22-8 anytime he rushes for 100 yards in a game.

Hammock Parties
07-30-2009, 09:48 AM
No way would they trade "both." What do you think LJ would bring in the open market for trade value?

I'm not dealing in reality. I'm discussing a hypothetical.

I think LJ and Charles are one of the better one-two combinations in the league.

Skip Towne
07-30-2009, 09:53 AM

Two dozen footballs?

Kerberos
07-30-2009, 10:12 AM
Two dozen footballs?

And a skank delivered to let you spit a drink in her face.....because she likes it.

Red Dawg
07-30-2009, 05:08 PM
He's on my Fantasy sleeper pick list. His new attitude is great and if Haley gives him the the ball it could be on like Donkey Kong. Bowe is also on the list.

DBOSHO
07-30-2009, 05:27 PM
thank god i finally got a chiefsplanet name. i have lj starting on my team. ive been known as a risktaker but i think hell do fine. i think barring any suspension or injury and enough carries he could get at least 12tds 1200yds

Sure-Oz
07-30-2009, 05:28 PM
I can't wait till he spits his cristal saliva in haleys face