PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Was Walt Disney an anti-Semite?

RealSNR
07-31-2009, 02:47 AM
A co-worker told me this a couple days ago. I mean, I wouldn't doubt it. He alway seemed like a giant asshole. If he wasn't an anti-Semite, he was probably a racist.

If neither of these are true, I'll still bet he's evil. After he died, the company became nothing but evil.

Basically, I think Walt Disney is burning in hell. What do you think?

Slainte
07-31-2009, 02:54 AM
"What makes a Nazi? How does he get that way?"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Education_for_Death

ChiefJustice
07-31-2009, 02:56 AM
I guess if your co-worker told you...it must be true!

deadbabyseal
07-31-2009, 02:58 AM
Donald Duck was a Nazi.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RNF86jBByDg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RNF86jBByDg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

kysirsoze
07-31-2009, 03:55 AM
Donald Duck was a Nazi.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RNF86jBByDg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RNF86jBByDg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I was going to post this exact video.

Fritz88
07-31-2009, 04:36 AM
Define and anti-Semite.

big nasty kcnut
07-31-2009, 05:10 AM
Walt disney was crazy and evil.
Posted via Mobile Device

FAX
07-31-2009, 06:09 AM
I don't think he was and Anti-Semite or a Nazi. He may well have been a tad swishy, though. He was, after all, the voice of Mickey who uttered very effeminate vocalizations. OOOOHHH Goofy!

By the way, Goofy was not a dog.

FAX

ChiefJustice
07-31-2009, 06:26 AM
I don't think he was and Anti-Semite or a Nazi. He may well have been a tad swishy, though. He was, after all, the voice of Mickey who uttered very effeminate vocalizations. OOOOHHH Goofy!

FAX

You are incorrect.....

Goofy was just very talented in his driving abilities... despite his mental challenges.

Skip Towne
07-31-2009, 06:28 AM

FAX

What was he?

Bugeater
07-31-2009, 06:35 AM
What was he?
http://disney.go.com/disneyrecords/biographies/goofy_bio.html

Apparently he was a man, but his character originally was a dog? :spock:

Chief Chief
07-31-2009, 07:10 AM
Classic kitsch: The yamulke with Mickey Mouse ears!

Walt Disney also came up with the product concept of adding MM ears to the KKK robe but it failed to develop, probably because it was only test marketed (and failed miserably I might add) in the 3 domestic markets of Great Falls, Montana; Nashua, New Hampshire; and Yakima, Washington; and the 1 international market located in Nairobi, Kenya.

JD10367
07-31-2009, 07:15 AM
There is a book about Walt Disney called "The Disney Version", by Richard Shickel. If you read the book, it's apparent that Shickel has a deep and unbridled hatred for Walt. However, there are some kernels of truth in the book, and it's good to see a biased anti-Walt piece to balance out all the warm-and-fuzzy pro-Walt crap you get from the Disney company.

I love Disney World, and I love the animated films, and I appreciate the artistic advances and creativity which Disney brought to both theme parks and animation. But I also realize he was a flawed human being, with many issues (including racism).

As a child, he supposedly also stomped an owl to death, and then freaked out. I think he went a bit "Willy Wonka as portrayed by Johnny Depp" mental at that point.

LaChapelle
07-31-2009, 07:18 AM
SpongeBob SquarePants has a deep dislike of seamites

Duck Dog
07-31-2009, 07:19 AM
Isn't Michael Eisner Jewish?

Crush
07-31-2009, 07:21 AM
We need to ask him when he awakens from his frozen slumber.

JD10367
07-31-2009, 07:22 AM
He was also a ruthless businessman. I think he felt deeply betrayed by Ub Iwerks and took it out on his employees and business enemies alike for the remainder of his life. He worked people mercilessly, and didn't like Unions (IIRC when he had some issues he basically went to Mexico to make a few films, hence "The Three Caballeros" and some other stuff).

He got the idea for Disneyland when he took his kids to a typical Coney Island-style amusement park, and was disgusted by the trash, the borderline society types hanging around, etc.,. He said he wanted a place that was clean, where families could bring their kids. That desire might have indeed been rooted in a "white utopia" idea, for all we know, but it's undeniable that the theme parks did a great job of following his vision in terms of creating an otherworldly reality (which IMO is one of the keys to the parks).

He also invented the Multiplane camera (well, okay, maybe his employees invented it, and he took credit, LOL) which was an innovation in animation. Not to mention the first to use sound, the first to use color, the first to make a feature film (when he made "Snow White" he was ripped apart by Hollywood during the process, until "Disney's folly" was shown and the audience was mesmerized... and I'm sure Walt gave a big "f**k you" to his critics after that).

Like everyone else, from movie stars to sports athletes, there was Disney the Image and Disney the actual man. Nothing unique there. Trust me, even the Founding Fathers liked to get shitfaced and screw around; only the rosy glow of history has turned them into one-dimensional archetypes.

JD10367
07-31-2009, 07:29 AM
Isn't Michael Eisner Jewish?

Eisner's not much better than Disney. After you read "The Disney Version", read "Storming the Magic Kingdom" by John Taylor, which chronicles how Eisner came to the company and turned it around. He's not a nice guy. There are many more newer books which delve into the ousting of Eisner as well, and the issues with the company today.

Chief Chief
07-31-2009, 07:57 AM
If you read the book, it's apparent that Shickel has a deep and unbridled hatred for Walt.

Yeah...

And if you read the Bible, there's an apparent deep and unbridled love that Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John have for Jesus Christ.

But, does that mean they all participated in homosexual orgies?

I (LIKE THOMAS) SERIOUSLY DOUBT IT!!

tomahawk kid
07-31-2009, 07:58 AM
Wasn't the whole anti-semite rumor basically started when he blacklisted 2 of his writers during the Red Scare?

Ebolapox
07-31-2009, 10:14 AM
from what I've read, sure. not sure if it's true, I wasn't there. I have also read that Pinocchio was written as a german/nazi 'coming of age' story/coming to power.

mikey23545
07-31-2009, 10:29 AM
I've got an idea...Let's think of someone who has brought laughter and joy to millions and try to dissect their lives and rip them apart for having some of the same faults and vices we all carry around.

Then we can pronounce ourselves superior to them and have a nice happy Disney ending to the tale.

Just Passin' By
07-31-2009, 10:29 AM
...Trust me, even the Founding Fathers liked to get shitfaced and screw around; only the <strike>rosy glow of history</strike> biased writings of a bunch of sticks-in-the-mud has <strike>turned them into one-dimensional archetypes.</strike> made that seem like anything less than awesome.

FYP

Just Passin' By
07-31-2009, 10:30 AM
I've got an idea...Let's think of someone who has brought laughter and joy to millions and try to dissect their lives and rip them apart for having some of the same faults and vices we all carry around.

Then we can pronounce ourselves superior to them and have a nice happy Disney ending to the tale.

Ghandi slapped his old lady around.

Chiefnj2
07-31-2009, 10:37 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBNXHeCCdRM

Donald Duck having a nightmare he is a nazi.

Rooster
07-31-2009, 11:24 AM
There are two types of people in this world. Disney people and Warner Brothers people. I'm WB all the way...

This has nothing to do with the subject matter. Please carry on. :D

HolyHandgernade
07-31-2009, 11:30 AM
Don't know about the anti-semitism and racism stuff, but I believe he had Masonic connections.

-HH

Brock
07-31-2009, 11:41 AM
33rd degree Mason. It's pretty difficult to be a Mason and an anti-Semite.

JD10367
07-31-2009, 11:53 AM
There are two types of people in this world. Disney people and Warner Brothers people. I'm WB all the way...

This has nothing to do with the subject matter. Please carry on. :D

I'm bi. :D Love the Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies. Never cared for the Disney shorts, and really don't give a rat's ass about Mickey Mouse (although I do appreciate the cinematic breakthroughs of color and sound). But in the feature-film department, Disney is untouchable.

The glory years: Snow White, Pinocchio, Fantasia, Dumbo, Bambi, Song Of The South, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Peter Pan, Lady and the Tramp, Sleeping Beauty.

60s, 70s, 80s (not quite as good but still solid): 101 Dalmations, Mary Poppins, Jungle Book, Aristocats, Robin Hood, Winnie the Pooh, The Rescuers, The Fox and the Hound, The Black Cauldron, The Great Mouse Detective, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Oliver & Company.

The rebirth of the 90s: The Little Mermaid, The Rescuers Down Under, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, The Lion King, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan.

Granted, for the past decade, they've turned out mainly dreck. Fantasia 2000, Dinosaur, The Emperor's New Groove, Atlantis: The Lost Empire, Lilo & Stitch (the only one in the bunch with a little life to it, but still weird), Treasure Planet, Brother Bear, Home on the Range, Chicken Little, Meet the Robinsons... Ugh. Finally, with the recent "Bolt", they got back on track a bit, but I think the day of the great animated film is dead. Frankly, in that last bunch I named, nothing can hold a candle to the non-Disney film "The Iron Giant".

I don't count Pixar's work. They're simply an acquired company. Disney is no more responsible for their achievements than Steve Jobs is. The real brains at Pixar are John Lasseter and his band of writers, who showed they had something going even with their early computer shorts in animation film festivals ("Tin Toy", "Knick Knack").

Crush
07-31-2009, 12:26 PM
Can we turn this into a controversial cartoon thread?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jUpJ5a968u0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jUpJ5a968u0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Gonzo
07-31-2009, 01:11 PM
Can we turn this into a controversial cartoon thread?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jUpJ5a968u0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jUpJ5a968u0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

That was....interesting.

Pioli Zombie
07-31-2009, 01:33 PM
Disney is evil. They loves witches. And on Easter Sunday they ran a Halloween movie marathon. I mean, that's not even subtle.

Hannah is ok. Zack and Cody alright, although Zack is an evil little shit. Sonny with a Chance cam live because Demi Lovato is cute. Then you have that skinny bitch Selena Gomez in that totally demonic Witches of Waverly. Its horrific.

Phineas and Ferb is hilarious
Posted via Mobile Device

RealSNR
08-02-2009, 01:16 PM

Then we can pronounce ourselves superior to them and have a nice happy Disney ending to the tale.Do you hate Jews?

RealSNR
08-02-2009, 01:17 PM
There is a book about Walt Disney called "The Disney Version", by Richard Shickel. If you read the book, it's apparent that Shickel has a deep and unbridled hatred for Walt. However, there are some kernels of truth in the book, and it's good to see a biased anti-Walt piece to balance out all the warm-and-fuzzy pro-Walt crap you get from the Disney company.

I love Disney World, and I love the animated films, and I appreciate the artistic advances and creativity which Disney brought to both theme parks and animation. But I also realize he was a flawed human being, with many issues (including racism).

As a child, he supposedly also stomped an owl to death, and then freaked out. I think he went a bit "Willy Wonka as portrayed by Johnny Depp" mental at that point.I'll have to check it out.

So far, that Donald Duck cartoon doesn't cut it for me as proof. But thanks for posting it anyway, I've never seen it before.

Crush
08-02-2009, 01:23 PM
<object height="344" width="425">From Universal:

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pMKk8dkbw_0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>