PDA

View Full Version : Life Are you an alcoholic?

Simply Red
07-31-2009, 03:28 PM
well?

KC_Lee
07-31-2009, 03:30 PM
No, I'm a drunk. Alcoholics go to meetings.

Sofa King
07-31-2009, 03:30 PM
what's you definition of an alcoholic?

MOhillbilly
07-31-2009, 03:32 PM
With out a doubt. i come from a long line of championship drinkers.

you need a dog S.R. im telling you if you dont have one get one. Its nice to come home and have someone who is ALWAYS happy to see you. Even if you live in a condo you can get a small dog and crate/ small inside run.

Simply Red
07-31-2009, 03:33 PM
With out a doubt. i come from a long line of championship drinkers.

you need a dog S.R. im telling you if you dont have one get one. Its nice to come home and have someone who is ALWAYS happy to see you. Even if you live in a condo you can get a small dog and crate/ small inside run.

noted, ty man.

Rain Man
07-31-2009, 03:35 PM
I once had a dog who was an alpoholic. It was sad to see.

Simply Red
07-31-2009, 03:36 PM

ROFL nice RM

rockymtnchief
07-31-2009, 03:37 PM
I don't think I am.

I never drink at home, unless someone brings something over.
I drink one week night and one weekend night per week. Add Sunday during football season.

My problem is that if I get to bullshitting I keep drinking. No stopping at one or two for me.

El Jefe
07-31-2009, 03:37 PM
I have never had a drink of alcohol, I have a few friends who are very raging alcoholics. My brother used to be a very heavy vodka drinker, he drank for the sole purpose to get drunk and forget his woes. I cant understand what you're going through, but I can sympathize, and I wish you the best, you seem like a really cool dude.

kc rush
07-31-2009, 03:38 PM
Definitely not. I drink, socially and rarely more than a buzz anymore. I end up drunk maybe one per year.

Have you started meetings SR? I know that you were considering it the other day.

Lumpy
07-31-2009, 03:40 PM
"No.

...but I played one on TV."

Duck Dog
Had your poll options included, the "I drink, but only once or twice a month", I would have voted.

38yrsfan
Why does the poll have 2 of every question ........

Simply Red
07-31-2009, 03:41 PM
Definitely not. I drink, socially and rarely more than a buzz anymore. I end up drunk maybe one per year.

Have you started meetings SR? I know that you were considering it the other day.

tomorrow, believe it or not, I don't want this to be about me. I really don't. Someone may call me an attn whore, and stuff. This is about everyone else.

ty :)

Simply Red
07-31-2009, 03:42 PM
Why does the poll have 2 of every question ........

because I rush through polls, I blame public-schooling.

Fish
07-31-2009, 03:42 PM
I come from a family of alcoholics. I don't allow myself to drink whiskey away from home, as I have difficulty controlling myself.

CrazyPhuD
07-31-2009, 03:48 PM
I think the answer about if you're an alcoholic is how much money do you get a week recycling all your bottles and cans!

Skip Towne
07-31-2009, 03:48 PM
No. I never drink unless I'm by myself or with somebody.

wild1
07-31-2009, 03:49 PM
No. I do not drink at all.

Reaper16
07-31-2009, 03:53 PM
No. I love, love, love beer but I never drink to get intoxicated. I haven't been drunk since, geez, high school and I've been moderately tipsy maybe twice this year so far.

Simply Red
07-31-2009, 03:54 PM
No. I love, love, love beer but I never drink to get intoxicated. I haven't been drunk since, geez, high school and I've been moderately tipsy maybe twice this year so far.

do you think women could take advantage of you, if you were say; drunk?

Reaper16
07-31-2009, 03:56 PM
I'm sure that many things would be possible if I were drunk. I personally don't like the effects of alcohol; I hate not being in complete control of my mental faculties.

ziggysocki
07-31-2009, 04:00 PM
I like to beer. I like liquor. I like to get drunk. Some times I drink during the day, sometimes at night. Alone with my Xbox 360 or with my friends are great times to drink. Sometimes I drink 3 beers, sometimes I drink 10 beers. But....... I always make sure I am not in a situation that drinking will negatively effect my life. And, I quit drinking for four months just to make sure I wasn't just a drunk telling lies to myself. So the answer to the original question..... clinically, probably. In reality... nah not really.

DaneMcCloud
07-31-2009, 04:00 PM
Am I a "clinical" alcoholic?

Yes. I have a few drinks nearly every day.

Am I an alcoholic?

No.

Alcohol has NEVER gotten in the way of a relationship or a job. I've never called in sick due to a hangover. My personality doesn't change when I drink. It's never been a determining factor in anything I do.

I just like to have a few beers, cocktails, whatever, around 10:00pm each night. It's my reward for making it through the day, scathed or unscathed.

PS - I have never once in my life thrown up from drinking alcohol.

DaneMcCloud
07-31-2009, 04:02 PM

Absolutely.

It's happened far too many times than I'd like to admit.

nstygma
07-31-2009, 04:07 PM
i haven't had a drink in over a year.
before that, i closed down a bar and had the remaining inventory all to myself. I drank quite frequently obscene amounts for a few years, but even then, i wouldn't say i was an alcoholic

Demonpenz
07-31-2009, 04:07 PM
Am I a "clinical" alcoholic?

Yes. I have a few drinks nearly every day.

Am I an alcoholic?

No.

Alcohol has NEVER gotten in the way of a relationship or a job. I've never called in sick due to a hangover. My personality doesn't change when I drink. It's never been a determining factor in anything I do.

I just like to have a few beers, cocktails, whatever, around 10:00pm each night. It's my reward for making it through the day, scathed or unscathed.

PS - I have never once in my life thrown up from drinking alcohol.

that is the way I view it as. Does it impact your life negatively.

Pioli Zombie
07-31-2009, 04:09 PM
I'm a rageoholic. Don't call me "pinhead". That makes Pioli Zombie so mad!!!!!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-31-2009, 04:10 PM
I have one 40 before bed, and drink during Chiefs games and Draft Day to kill the inevitable, forthcoming disappointment and pain.

Pioli Zombie
07-31-2009, 04:16 PM
We will be able to watch a Chiefs game with yelling "motherfucker" at the tv set.

We will see how our following the Chiefs too intensely has hurt ourselves and others.

We will not regret the past....40 years or wish to draft that kid from Texas.

Are these extravagant promises. We think not.
Posted via Mobile Device

Buck
07-31-2009, 04:23 PM
I've started to drink every weekend.

I guess that means yes, I am.

BigMeatballDave
07-31-2009, 04:24 PM
PS - I have never once in my life thrown up from drinking alcohol.Back in1992 I puked my guts out after 12-15 Bud Drys. I don't drink at all now...

Reaper16
07-31-2009, 04:25 PM
Back in1992 I puked my guts out after 12-15 Bud Drys. I don't drink at all now...
Bud Dry. /shudder

Reaper16
07-31-2009, 04:26 PM
I've started to drink every weekend.

I guess that means yes, I am.
I've seen alcoholism. It is an addiction and a disease. Doesn't sound like something you have.

YET

Simply Red
07-31-2009, 04:27 PM
i haven't had a drink in over a year.before that, i closed down a bar and had the remaining inventory all to myself. I drank quite frequently obscene amounts for a few years, but even then, i wouldn't say i was an alcoholic

I think that is why you rule @ 'Name that city'

speaking of that...

|Zach|
07-31-2009, 04:30 PM
My days and bar tending almost killed my drinking. Seeing people like that...meh. I don't need that in my life.

I enjoy a few every now and then...get drunk maybe once a month.

Thats just not my life anymore.

DaneMcCloud
07-31-2009, 04:30 PM
Back in1992 I puked my guts out after 12-15 Bud Drys. I don't drink at all now...

Oooch.

Bud Dry.

Reaper16
07-31-2009, 04:32 PM
Oooch.

Bud Dry.
I'd rather get mugged than drink Bud Dry.

Mr. Wizard
07-31-2009, 04:35 PM

Dry heaves?

CoMoChief
07-31-2009, 04:35 PM
Do I sit at home and get hammered? - No

When I go out to bars and clubs do I like to get shots and get hammered - Of course. Though I am starting to grow out of that phase. Never thought I would, but I can tell I kinda am.

Partially because of my job. Used to go out all the time during the weekdays. But waking up at 7am feeling like shit kinda cured me of that habbit. Used to party hard til 4am all the time. Now I get exhausted around 130 or so......depending on what's going on, and thats on the weekends.

So I dont know where that would put me at.

JuicesFlowing
07-31-2009, 04:39 PM
I drink a lot on the weekends only. I don't drink at all during the work week. I love beer. It doesn't affect my job or family. If that makes me a lush, then that's fine. if not, then all the better. I guess, in all seriousness, it makes me a binge drinker. There, self diagnosis.

cdcox
07-31-2009, 04:52 PM
I'm similar to ziggisocki and Dane. I'm a fairly heavy drinker, with low dependencey and no spillover into the rest of my life. I enjoy drinking and think of it as a reward for when my day's work is finished. I drink mostly at home, spread it out over several hours, never get "hammered" and can control it.

That said, I decided on the morning of July 13 that I've been drinking too much. Mostly worried about irreversible health effects like liver and CNS damage. I decided on that day that I was going to limit myself to 1000 drinks per year, distributed however I want. That is almost 3 drinks a day, which would be a significant drop in consumption for me -- like I said, I've been drinking too much. That flexibility of having a large number of drinks to manage over a long period of time was important to me so that I never feel like I couldn't have a drink if I want it. Limiting myself to 3 drinks a day or 20 drinks per week was not appealing. But 1000 drinks in 1 year seemed like it would allow me to have freedom, while still helping me to significantly drop my consumption.

Beginning on July 13, I've been religiously measuring every drink with a shot glass and recording them on a spreadsheet. This ritual keeps me focused on my goal since I am a quantitative person. I've had 34 drinks in the last 18 days, which puts me on a pace for about 700 for the year. On my highest day I had 6 and on several days I've had none, and haven't felt deprived. I have a column that shows me how many drinks I can have today while staying on pace for my 1000 for the year. Today I can have 18 drinks and still be on pace. I won't drink anywhere near that many, but I like to watch that column grow. Actually, I want to have a decent bank built up for holidays, vacation and the like. Maybe by the end of the year I will have only drank 586 drinks or something. That's fine if that's what happens. But that is not the goal. The goal is 1000.

Bwana
07-31-2009, 04:57 PM
The donks new QB is.

Simply Red
07-31-2009, 05:00 PM
I'm similar to ziggisocki and Dane. I'm a fairly heavy drinker, with low dependencey and no spillover into the rest of my life. I enjoy drinking and think of it as a reward for when my day's work is finished. I drink mostly at home, spread it out over several hours, never get "hammered" and can control it.

That said, I decided on the morning of July 13 that I've been drinking too much. Mostly worried about irreversible health effects like liver and CNS damage. I decided on that day that I was going to limit myself to 1000 drinks per year, distributed however I want. That is almost 3 drinks a day, which would be a significant drop in consumption for me -- like I said, I've been drinking too much. That flexibility of having a large number of drinks to manage over a long period of time was important to me so that I never feel like I couldn't have a drink if I want it. Limiting myself to 3 drinks a day or 20 drinks per week was not appealing. But 1000 drinks in 1 year seemed like it would allow me to have freedom, while still helping me to significantly drop my consumption.

Beginning on July 13, I've been religiously measuring every drink with a shot glass and recording them on a spreadsheet. This ritual keeps me focused on my goal since I am a quantitative person. I've had 34 drinks in the last 18 days, which puts me on a pace for about 700 for the year. On my highest day I had 6 and on several days I've had none, and haven't felt deprived. I have a column that shows me how many drinks I can have today while staying on pace for my 1000 for the year. Today I can have 18 drinks and still be on pace. I won't drink anywhere near that many, but I like to watch that column grow. Actually, I want to have a decent bank built up for holidays, vacation and the like. Maybe by the end of the year I will have only drank 586 drinks or something. That's fine if that's what happens. But that is not the goal. The goal is 1000.

Smart. as are you, kind sir, as are you.

rtmike
07-31-2009, 05:10 PM
There wasn't a day that went by that I didn't consume close to a half rack.

The simple fact I was/am an alcoholic is why I'm in this wheelchair. Now it's once or twice a year when we go up to Seattle for car shows & spend the night. But it's only drinking for that small buzz, not to get plastered.

So yes...

bogey
07-31-2009, 05:14 PM
I thought I was an alchoholic until I read this thread.

bogey
07-31-2009, 05:15 PM

The simple fact I was/am an alcoholic is why I'm in this wheelchair. Now it's once or twice a year when we go up to Seattle for car shows & spend the night. But it's only drinking for that small buzz, not to get plastered.

So yes...

Forgive me for asking, how did drinking put you in your wheelchair?

rtmike
07-31-2009, 05:16 PM

Interesting. Though when I drank it was in excess & often times I didn't remember the next day how many I had.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-31-2009, 05:16 PM
The donks new QB is.

What a coincidence. Their old one was too.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-31-2009, 05:18 PM

So yes...

That's bad luck dude. I'm sorry to hear it.

stevieray
07-31-2009, 05:19 PM

I can relate, I had to help my dog to keep him from falling off the chuckwagon.

Halfcan
07-31-2009, 05:19 PM
what's you definition of an alcoholic?

I only drink to get drunk-which is not that often-but once the Jeanie is out of the bottle-I usually drink my weight.

rtmike
07-31-2009, 05:26 PM
Forgive me for asking, how did drinking put you in your wheelchair?

No bigge. I was highly intoxicated when we all went out on the sand dunes that fateful Thanksgiving day of '03. One buddy sprayed me with sand embarrassing me in front of my other friends so I chased after him to get him back. He went over a widow's peak with me right behind him. He crashed and my Banshee clipped his rear tire yanking my handlebars out of my hands so I landed face first on the bike breaking my spine shoving a piece of it into my spinal column.

It wasn't the ATV, my buddy or anyone else's fault except mine. I mentioned before we went out that I thought I had too much. But there's that crazy thing called peer pressure.

In the hospital they didn't think I could stop drinking & wanted me to go in for help. I suppose it's easy for folks that have the use of their legs to think that. For me it was a no brainer.

bogey
07-31-2009, 05:29 PM
No bigge. I was highly intoxicated when we all went out on the sand dunes that fateful Thanksgiving day of '03. One buddy sprayed me with sand embarrassing me in front of my other friends so I chased after him to get him back. He went over a widow's peak with me right behind him. He crashed and my Banshee clipped his rear tire yanking my handlebars out of my hands so I landed face first on the bike breaking my spine shoving a piece of it into my spinal column.

It wasn't the ATV, my buddy or anyone else's fault except mine. I mentioned before we went out that I thought I had too much. But there's that crazy thing called peer pressure.

In the hospital they didn't think I could stop drinking & wanted me to go in for help. I suppose it's easy for folks that have the use of their legs to think that. For me it was a no brainer.

That's a HUGE bummer. I'm very sorry.

stevieray
07-31-2009, 05:29 PM

Damn.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-31-2009, 05:32 PM

That happens to some people, and they wither up and die. They just give up, and it's over. I don't blame them one oz. for it either, because I couldn't possibly begin to imagine what that life would be like.

But I don't get the impression that is the road you're on. And I commend you for it. Life is what it is, and it's usually not fair. Your perspective of it is the only thing that can/will get you through. You've got that going for you, and frankly sir, you're probably better off for it. And probably better off than a lot of folks walking around right now, feeling sorry for themself. I commend you.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-31-2009, 05:43 PM
I would say I'm a functional alchoholic. I drink beer after work and on the weekends. I have never missed a day of work because of my drinking and I can go a few day's without a drink. I dont drink hard alchohol because I get 7' tall and bullet proof. So, I guess yes most people would say I am.

I would. But I smoke pot daily, so there's no judgment in that. Not that I'm sure there would be if I didn't smoke weed everyday. We all have to live our lives the best we can, and feel happy about it at the end of the day. I generally think people who get fucked up every day hate their jobs, their families, or both. All I'm sayin is I love my family.

luv
07-31-2009, 05:44 PM
I would say I'm a functional alchoholic. I drink beer after work and on the weekends. I have never missed a day of work because of my drinking and I can go a few day's without a drink. I dont drink hard alchohol because I get 7' tall and bullet proof. So, I guess yes most people would say I am.

You get 7", huh?

Bugeater
07-31-2009, 05:47 PM
Yes, but functional.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-31-2009, 05:50 PM
I know alot of people that smoke weed. I cant do that because I get drug tested several times a year so I stay away from it. I dont knock it, I just cant do it.

I have way too much 3rd party experience with alcohol to be able to indulge in it regularly. I picked my poison and went a different direction.

luv
07-31-2009, 05:53 PM
I have way too much 3rd party experience with alcohol to be able to indulge in it regularly. I picked my poison and went a different direction.

I think, if I were to get hooked on anything, it would be prescription meds such as hydrocodone and such. Or phentermine.

Baby Lee
07-31-2009, 05:53 PM
Got to where my mind was too active to sleep without wasted hours of tossing and turning, so it's a juice glass of 80 proof and right off to bed.
In a way I'm depending on it, to shut down the brain so I can get to sleep with ease. But I'm not messing with Ambien or shit like that.
Other than dip during the day and 1-3 smokes to go with the nightcap, no other intoxicants of any type. Never tried any.
Also, haven't had a beer in what must be well over a year.

luv
07-31-2009, 05:56 PM
I can understand that. If it was legal and I wouldnt lose my job over it, I would.

I'd have to learn how to inhale.

keg in kc
07-31-2009, 05:56 PM
I used to drink a lot. I don't now. Maybe a beer or two every few weeks. Maybe every few months a binge that might or might not result in room spinning and porcelain prayer. So, no, I don't think I'm an alcoholic.

JOhn
07-31-2009, 06:10 PM
I think, if I were to get hooked on anything, it would be prescription meds such as hydrocodone and such. Or phentermine.

Very easy to do, especially when they switch you to Oxycontin, or MS, that shit is very hard to kick. And yea I know, I was addicted to that shit for over 5 years after messing up my back.

Halfcan
07-31-2009, 06:16 PM
I am hooked on RUSH since 1980-best drug in the world!!

the band Rush-not paint thinner btw

Mr. Flopnuts
07-31-2009, 06:17 PM
I am hooked on RUSH since 1980-best drug in the world!!

the band Rush-not paint thinner btw

You can choose a steady guide in some celestial voice. If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice!

JOhn
07-31-2009, 06:29 PM
Didnt they have that in the 80's, like you could go to a convience store and is was sitting right there on the counter? I cant belive that was ever legal.

Uhhhhh Yea they did. I blame it for failing Language Arts in the 10th grade :doh!:

KCCHIEFS27
07-31-2009, 06:41 PM
I think I can answer this question with two words: I'm Irish.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HKD_o4gbcSE&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HKD_o4gbcSE&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

ziggysocki
07-31-2009, 08:14 PM

You are gonna be shithammered for the entire month of December! ROFL ... but seriously, cool plan.

Chaunceythe3rd
07-31-2009, 09:15 PM
No, I'm a drunk. Alcoholics go to meetings.

ROFL

alanm
07-31-2009, 10:43 PM
A friend of Bill W's for over 12 years and counting.
I was a heavy drinker that sometimes got out of control.
My previous occupation demanded that I maintain a illusion of being someone who I was not. I was paid for doing drugs and alcohol to maintain that illusion. When you're in that situation it's fairly easy to slide into the deep end. Only problem was it stayed with me longer than the assignments lasted. Got help, quit drinking, finally retired after 20.
As they say, everything happens for a reason.

LaChapelle
07-31-2009, 10:47 PM
It was a amnesic pathway to ruin.

alanm
07-31-2009, 11:05 PM
007 that you?

penny money called and want's to give me a B.J. :doh!:Not even close. :shake:

cdcox
07-31-2009, 11:16 PM
You are gonna be shithammered for the entire month of December! ROFL ... but seriously, cool plan.

Doubtful. I hardly ever go past a heavy buzz. But if I decide to celebrate the holidays and have 6 drinks a day for a couple of weeks, I want to make sure I've got them in the bank. We are also planning to go to Cancun in June, near the end of my drinking year. I don't want to be running short then either. Or come back from vacation and have to go stone sober for a month. I can do that (and will if needed to meet my goal) but don't want to. So I'm pacing myself.

alanm
07-31-2009, 11:24 PM
Well, when you want to talk about it, let us know.Liberal emotional idealism ain't my style. :shake:

Nzoner
07-31-2009, 11:40 PM
I'm too focked up on Crown royal to answer at the moment,I'll try tomorrow before I start drinking

Bugeater
07-31-2009, 11:43 PM
I'm too focked up on Crown royal to answer at the moment,I'll try tomorrow before I start drinking
Uhhh...we'll just go ahead and mark you down in the "yes" column. :)

alanm
08-01-2009, 12:05 AM
I'm too focked up on Crown royal to answer at the moment,I'll try tomorrow before I start drinkingYou have about 5 minutes in the morning. Right after you take a shit and before you pour beer on your cornflakes. :D

Rausch
08-01-2009, 12:10 AM
The Journal of the American Medical Association defines alcoholism as "a primary, chronic disease characterized by impaired control over drinking, preoccupation with the drug alcohol, use of alcohol despite adverse consequences, and distortions in thinking."

I guess I'm not, who'da thunk...

Phobia
08-01-2009, 12:52 AM
Guessing I have about 7 a week, sometimes none at all though. I'll drink a 2-3 beers BBQing with my neighbors during the summer and very little during the winter. I used to drink pretty heavily when I drank - 12-20 but cut back after a road rage incident that could have ended badly for me.

Now I'll have 2-3 but any more than that and I have a one per hour rule.

Otter
08-01-2009, 01:35 AM
Very easy to do, especially when they switch you to Oxycontin, or MS, that shit is very hard to kick. And yea I know, I was addicted to that shit for over 5 years after messing up my back.

I gotta say I'm the exception to this rule. Had my share of dings and been on some heavy duty pain killers and they would make me sick as hell. Constipated, unable to sleep and when I did finally sleep I'd have the most fucked up dreams imaginable.

Pills in general don't jive with my system.

To answer the question; I don't drink much anymore but when I do I like to get tipsy and rowdy. I'd be more of a binge drinker than an alcoholic. As long as it doesn't become a regular occurrence I'm ok with it.

Demonpenz
08-01-2009, 02:27 AM
I was getting my ass kicked a couple years ago. Went to meetings, read books, bla bla bla, not ready to give it up right now. I still love to party and just do what I am used to. I know what happens, but I know how to manage my drug. Never drink and drive drink gatorade and don't drink pissed off

Pioli Zombie
08-01-2009, 05:00 AM
First sign. You get drunk and wake up your wife at midnight because you want her to drive you taco bell. When she refuses you go out and drive drunk anyway. Then the next day you get on the internet and you ask everyone if you think your wife is selfish for not keeping you from driving drunk. Them when it gets pointed out that was pretty stupid behavior on your part you continue to blame your wife.

If you answered yes to any of these than you are an alcoholic.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-01-2009, 05:03 AM
First sign. You get drunk and wake up your wife at midnight because you want her to drive you taco bell. When she refuses you go out and drive drunk anyway. Then the next day you get on the internet and you ask everyone if you think your wife is selfish for not keeping you from driving drunk. Them when it gets pointed out that was pretty stupid behavior on your part you continue to blame your wife.

If you answered yes to any of these than you are an alcoholic.
Posted via Mobile Device

Trying to separate drunk and Taco Bell is just cruel and unusual punishment.

You uppity bastard.

Pioli Zombie
08-01-2009, 05:22 AM
He knew when to stop drinking. He didn't want to be like Mr Bungle.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-01-2009, 05:25 AM
He knew when to stop drinking. He didn't want to be like Mr Bungle.
Posted via Mobile Device

ROFL WHEEE!

Pioli Zombie
08-01-2009, 05:36 AM
Timmy is arriving at his AA meeting. He sees his friend, Freddie. Timmy likes Freddie because he is so nice and polite. Timmy and Freddie get their coffee. Timmy says thank you to the Alcoholic who made the coffee. Timmy sees another old friend. Its Jay. Timmy is not happy to see Jay. Timmy owes from 5 big ones to Jay from a gambling debt. Jay is coming over. Jay looks angry. Timmy knew he needed to make amends to Jay. He didn't want to not to do the steps like Mr Bungle. That's why Mr Bungle keeps drinking. Timmy politely said hello to Jay. And before Jay could bring it up Timmy acknowledged his debt to Jay and promised to make payments to Jay. Jay was happy and put his knife away. Timmy, Freddie, Jay all took their coffee and sat down next to Susie. Suddenly Freddie remembered where he had seen Susie before........
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-01-2009, 02:23 PM
Timmy is arriving at his AA meeting. He sees his friend, Freddie. Timmy likes Freddie because he is so nice and polite. Timmy and Freddie get their coffee. Timmy says thank you to the Alcoholic who made the coffee. Timmy sees another old friend. Its Jay. Timmy is not happy to see Jay. Timmy owes from 5 big ones to Jay from a gambling debt. Jay is coming over. Jay looks angry. Timmy knew he needed to make amends to Jay. He didn't want to not to do the steps like Mr Bungle. That's why Mr Bungle keeps drinking. Timmy politely said hello to Jay. And before Jay could bring it up Timmy acknowledged his debt to Jay and promised to make payments to Jay. Jay was happy and put his knife away. Timmy, Freddie, Jay all took their coffee and sat down next to Susie. Suddenly Freddie remembered where he had seen Susie before........
Posted via Mobile Device

LMAO

Gadzooks
08-01-2009, 02:37 PM
I was an alcoholic until I joined this message board...
Thank You Chiefs Planet!!!

Stewie
08-01-2009, 02:41 PM
You're an alcoholic if you've ever:

1) Had a drink while alone.
2) Thought a fat chick looked fuckable.
3) Drank two handles of liquor per week for 15 years.

It's all the same. You're a fucking alcoholic!

Gadzooks
08-01-2009, 02:48 PM
You're an alcoholic if you've ever:

1) Had a drink while alone.2) Thought a fat chick looked fuckable.
3) Drank two handles of liquor per week for 15 years.

It's all the same. You're a fucking alcoholic!

Does my cat count?

seclark
08-01-2009, 02:54 PM
answer to the question: probably...i didn't read the whole thread. don't know what others define an alcoholic as.

i come home from work every night and drink 3 or 4 beers. if not the beers, a glass or two of wine...but i prefer beer.

i don't drink and drive, but all the way home from work, i'm looking forward to my buzz. it's like the highlight of my day, sometimes.

i just got home from a bike ride to omaha and back to nemo. first thing i did when i got to my mothers house in omaha, i cracked a beer. first thing i did when i got home from omaha, i cracked another.

can i skip a week or two? sure...but i always know i'm gonna have that cold brew sometime. creature of habit, i guess.

don't get nuts and piss myself. don't get in a fighting mood. but i don't think i'd be able to stand up in front of a group of people and say "no more". i think that takes a sack full of balls, if you can and follow through. and i've seen people do it. i've got a ton of respect for those who try.

good luck sr
sec

rtmike
08-01-2009, 03:42 PM
That happens to some people, and they wither up and die. They just give up, and it's over. I don't blame them one oz. for it either, because I couldn't possibly begin to imagine what that life would be like.

But I don't get the impression that is the road you're on. And I commend you for it. Life is what it is, and it's usually not fair. Your perspective of it is the only thing that can/will get you through. You've got that going for you, and frankly sir, you're probably better off for it. And probably better off than a lot of folks walking around right now, feeling sorry for themself. I commend you.

I put on a good front some times.

What's tough is raising my daughter. I think she's embarrassed of me & I know it bothers her that I can't help with things like soccer. Those times' are the toughest but I try to make it up to her other ways.

But hey, I'm alive!!! So THANKS!

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Mr. Flopnuts again."

Hydrae
08-01-2009, 03:43 PM
... I picked my poison and went a different direction.

That would be me as well. I have found over the years that alcohol and I just don't agree. I haven't had a drink in a couple of years at least now and it has been probably 10 years or more since I got drunk. I do have a couple of bong hits after work each night though. :)

Hydrae
08-01-2009, 03:44 PM

What's tough is raising my daughter. I think she's embarrassed of me & I know it bothers her that I can't help with things like soccer. Those times' are the toughest but I try to make it up to her other ways.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Mr. Flopnuts again."

I highly doubt she is actually embarrassed of you. She may not know how to respond when people around her look at you funny because of the situation and that may make her uncomfortable but I am sure it is not embarrassment.

Skip Towne
08-01-2009, 03:55 PM

Were you in a car wreck?

JuicesFlowing
08-01-2009, 04:23 PM
answer to the question: probably...i didn't read the whole thread. don't know what others define an alcoholic as.

i come home from work every night and drink 3 or 4 beers. if not the beers, a glass or two of wine...but i prefer beer.

i don't drink and drive, but all the way home from work, i'm looking forward to my buzz. it's like the highlight of my day, sometimes.

i just got home from a bike ride to omaha and back to nemo. first thing i did when i got to my mothers house in omaha, i cracked a beer. first thing i did when i got home from omaha, i cracked another.

can i skip a week or two? sure...but i always know i'm gonna have that cold brew sometime. creature of habit, i guess.

don't get nuts and piss myself. don't get in a fighting mood. but i don't think i'd be able to stand up in front of a group of people and say "no more". i think that takes a sack full of balls, if you can and follow through. and i've seen people do it. i've got a ton of respect for those who try.

good luck sr
sec

I know what you mean by this. I don't drink Mon-Thurs, but the second I get home from work on Friday, I'm ready to enjoy some beer. I drink on Saturday and Sunday (especially during football season). I don't drink to get hammered, I drink to enjoy beer. It's hard to stop at 1 if I enjoy it. I do have an addictive personality. I guess if I worked 7 days a week I'd be sober :) That's not happening ever.

chiefbowe82
08-01-2009, 11:19 PM
how'd the meeting go SR

crazycoffey
08-02-2009, 01:23 AM
Probably by some peoples definition, but I like to drink and drink regularly, at home or out with friends. I don't drink before work, I don't have to drink to "take the edge off" and have had no personal/legal/ethical issues from drinking. So I don't think I am.

L.A. Chieffan
08-02-2009, 01:32 AM
so what if i/you are? lifes short, party it up

crazycoffey
08-02-2009, 02:03 AM
That's one way to look at it. LOL
I just got off work, got my two free ones at the end of the shift and having a couple more playing Evony and reading up on CP. all alone, and that would qualify in my ex-wife's book as being an alcholic.....

L.A. Chieffan
08-02-2009, 02:17 AM
CHUG CHUG CHUG..... CORONA AND J&B STRAIGHT BEAYOTCH!

Smed1065
08-02-2009, 03:33 AM
You left off "RAGGING"?

Seriously, call me if needed. I am moving to downtown this week.

GL!

L.A. Chieffan
08-02-2009, 03:40 AM
non-drinker.com is for pussies

Slainte
08-02-2009, 04:03 AM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y157/jingleweasel/Meandwine.jpg

KcMizzou
08-02-2009, 04:07 AM

good luck sr
secDoesn't sound like it's any kind of problem for you...

crazycoffey
08-02-2009, 04:08 AM
I drink, I get drunk, I fall down - NO PROBLEM

chasedude
08-02-2009, 04:33 AM
I don't drink as much as I used to. Back in the day, keg stands were my forte. Older now I don't drink falling down drunk anymore. I've had too many stories come up over the years at what I did during a "black out", some funny, some... not so funny. I may have a beer or two when I get the taste for it now, just not the quantity as before.

As for what makes an alcoholic? I don't like labels, every person is different.

crazycoffey
08-02-2009, 04:40 AM
I'm not as good as I once was; but I'm as good once as I ever was.....

Kerberos
08-02-2009, 06:13 AM
Hey SR

I got a small story for ya.

One day about 18 years ago I woke up in a stupor one morning and looked around the shit hole I was living in. I walked into the bathroom and threw up a couple of times and when I looked in the mirror I saw puke running down my arm and chest.

To avoid anymore personal details I can honestly say I had what other Alcoholics call that "Moment of Clarity"

After spending the next 5 - 10 minutes pouring all the alcohol I had in the place down the drain I never looked back.

Thing is I felt there was more in life than waking up hung over and regretting looking forward to the day. I wanted more out of life and I wanted to get my life back in order. This was part of my self realization that if "I" didn't do something NOW I probably wouldn't have live to see my 40th birthday. I was 28 at the time.

Now for the AA meetings. I have witnessed some of the most down and out people I have EVER met in my life going to AA meetings. I still keep in touch with a few of them to this day. Once people know you have changed there were things I had to work out.

#1 There are those that thought I was not serious or that I would not succeed and those are the people that did EVERYTHING they could to see me fail. Those are people that I dropped out of my life and never looked back.

#2 There are those people that couldn't deal with my sobriety and I lost them as Friends through time and I try to see how they are doing once in a while but I have lost all connection with most of them as they don't want to be found.

#3 There are those that supported me and helped me through one of the hardest things I have EVER had to do in my life. I have those people to this day as friends and some drink and some are what you would call Alcoholics but know that it isn't part of my life anymore and don't try to make it that way.

#4 I had to come to grips that not all the people I called friends were friends any longer. It is the negative people and the ones that bring me down are the ones I had to let go. It hurt me and I would like to think in some ways it hurt them but you know what...... I had to look out for #1 cause I found out the hard way that I am the ONLY one I can depend on when things get rough. Minus family.

The one most telling things I got from AA is that everyone has a different "Rock Bottom"

I consider myself lucky as I have always kept my job above all else and didn't make the mistake of those I witnessed piss away everything.

There was a man that came from somewhere in Colorado to an AA meeting back in the day that was in town for his job. He was some kind of salesman.
He commenced to tell me a story that I still remember to this day.
He told of how he graduated from HS with honors and went to Harvard or Yale???

He went on a full ride scholarship and graduated with honors in business.

Thing is he said he started to learn how to drink in college and he was pretty sure he was in control. He had just graduated with honors and got a job with a firm in Massachusetts that was a leader in the mid 70's at bringing failing corporations out of bankruptcy and re-organizing them to be profitable. This is what he did for a living and was very good at it. Back in the 70's he was making 100K a year and life was good.

He told of going out after work and drinking with clients and co-workers.
He told of going out to lunch and someone suggested a drink with lunch.
This went on for a few years and things started to get ugly.

Not long after that he said lunches became longer and longer until he just started doing the "It's 5 O'Clock somewhere" everyday and not go back to work.

That is the last few things he remembers before he woke up one day in a cardboard box in an alley.

After he got sober he had to come to the realization that in a matter of 6 months he had lost his JOB, his house, his cars and wost he lost his family that of a wife and two children.

His rock bottom was so far from mine I couldn't understand how anyone could let things go that far.

But from going to AA I see the same kinds of stories from all walks of life and at different levels for EVERYONE.

I won't go on with anymore because I could make this a whole lot longer.

But I will leave it with this. If EVER anyone feels like things are bad and everything and ever one around them is completely unmanageable I suggest an AA meeting to them.

No matter how bad off you are or how bad things seem. There is ALWAYS someone out there that is worse off than you are. That is a FACT.