PDA

View Full Version : Poop "He's a leader. He definitely knows what he's doing,"

Quesadilla Joe
08-01-2009, 06:59 AM
Orton crams for first test with Broncos - The Denver Post (http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_12971103?source=rss)

Orton crams for first test with Broncos
New QB puts months of intensive study to good use on Day 1

As the Kyle Orton Era officially got underway in Denver on Friday with the first full practice of the 2009 season, it would be easy to measure the quarterback's progress merely by counting completed passes.

But it might be just as important to count the pages of detailed notations in Orton's personal notebooks, taken over the course of nearly four months since he arrived in Denver.

"He's always writing in his notebook. He's got books in there, at least it looks like it to me," backup quarterback Chris Simms said. "He's very meticulous with his notes. He's a smart guy, there's no doubt about that."

For whatever physical prowess Orton needs — and coach Josh McDaniels is confident the quarterback has it — to successfully run the Broncos' offense, how much Orton understands is even more important now as the team starts installing much of the playbook during training camp.

"Obviously it's a big mental year for me learning a new system, so I don't have the ability to relax," Orton said. "I have to stay up on it the entire time."

That's why Orton stayed in Denver during much of the summer, sacrificing much of the "off" in offseason to spend days at Dove Valley with Simms and whatever coaches and teammates might be hanging around.

"That's where you learn the most about guys and where you build the relationships that carry over to the practice field," veteran receiver Brandon Stokley said. "When a lot of guys are back home, we're out running routes, out working out together.

"That's where you build that camaraderie with your quarterback and get on the same page so that when you start training camp, you're not starting from square one."

Orton spent the first three months of his tenure in Denver, from the time he was traded to the Broncos from the Bears on April 2 through the middle of the mandatory minicamp in June, in a battle with Simms to be the replacement for Jay Cutler.

McDaniels named Orton the starter June 12, giving Orton the rest of the summer to establish himself as the offensive leader in the huddle and in the locker room. It is admittedly an unfamiliar position for Orton, who engaged in heated quarterback battles in training camp during his four seasons in Chicago.

Orton said the early vote of confidence from McDaniels has only helped in his preparation for training camp and the season.

"No question," Orton said. "You always want to be that face in the huddle, that guy that, when things aren't going good and you hit some adversity in camp, which you always do, you want to be that guy to step up and be the calming factor in the huddle and get guys going back on the right track."

The work from the extra summer sessions was starting to show in Orton's performance Friday. He appeared more crisp, his throws more accurate, than in the team's final minicamp in June.

"He's a leader. He definitely knows what he's doing," center Casey Wiegmann said, adding that Orton and Simms are both "leaps and bounds" ahead of where he was during the spring minicamps. "They put in their time in the meetings and behind the scenes, doing whatever it took."

Stokley said Orton's passes have been impressive.

"He surprised me the first time I saw him throw the ball. He really throws a really good ball," Stokley said. "A nice spiral. Receivers don't like the ball too hard or too soft, just a nice speed, that's a good, catchable ball."

McDaniels was more cautious with his praise after the first day, but said he is content with Orton's progress.

"The command of the offense and the understanding of what we are doing is great," McDaniels said of Orton and Simms. "I don't mean that they are all the way where we want them to be ultimately, but I think when they get in the huddle they know exactly what I am asking them to do."

wild1
08-01-2009, 07:06 AM
there are probably lots of Broncos forums out there where you can post this tripe

Mr. Arrowhead
08-01-2009, 07:09 AM
who cares

milkman
08-01-2009, 07:09 AM
Uh....Homo......Why do you think that we care?

Kerberos
08-01-2009, 07:18 AM
What are the chances the we can get DaFace to strip BlowMo of his thread starting rights? I really don't read his posts and I rarely read his replys and it seems he is a waste of bandwidth? IMO

Pasta Little Brioni
08-01-2009, 07:26 AM
This is getting silly. Orton's play on the field will prove what he is.

Bwana
08-01-2009, 07:49 AM
What are the chances the we can get DaFace to strip BlowMo of his thread starting rights? I really don't read his posts and I rarely read his replys and it seems he is a waste of bandwidth? IMO

This

Oh, and this

LaChapelle
08-01-2009, 08:05 AM
I'm sure Orton will put "O" faces on the neck beards at Mile High. They'll all look like giant gapping harry assholes.

-lunch lost

Red Dawg
08-01-2009, 08:17 AM
Of course he's a leader and knows what he's doing. That's why the Beasrs didn't want him.

Unfortunately that's not enough. A QB has to also read a defense and throw the ball accurately.

DaFace
08-01-2009, 08:23 AM
Dude...you're starting to be just plain obnoxious.
Posted via Mobile Device

BossChief
08-01-2009, 08:25 AM
I can see Brodie Croyle or Sam Bradford replacing him as starter next year....assuming he is still the starter at that time.

chiefzilla1501
08-01-2009, 08:34 AM
Wow, crazy. So Casey Wiegmann didn't tell the press his teammate a born loser on the first day of camp? How revealing!

Can you please post us a link of a story where a man reveals that the sky is blue?

Crashride
08-01-2009, 08:40 AM
What board is this?

the Talking Can
08-01-2009, 09:24 AM
this is chiefs board douchebag

take your 9 yr old fanboy crap to the donco board.....fuck donco homers are retarded....

Brock
08-01-2009, 09:25 AM
I heard he blew some dude in a limo.

Ebolapox
08-01-2009, 09:27 AM
please, daface, ban this douchenozzle

milkman
08-01-2009, 09:30 AM
please, daface, ban this douchenozzle

He's a pain in the ass dumbass who posts a lot of crap that no one else gives a rat's ass about, but he hasn't done anything bannable.

Ebolapox
08-01-2009, 09:35 AM
He's a pain in the ass dumbass who posts a lot of crap that no one else gives a rat's ass about, but he hasn't done anything bannable.

eh, true enough.

how about we take away his thread-creating abilities?

wait, I have an idea. brb

Tribal Warfare
08-01-2009, 09:38 AM
WEAK!

DaFace
08-01-2009, 10:22 AM
eh, true enough.

how about we take away his thread-creating abilities?

wait, I have an idea. brb

Eh, he's far less of a pain than other trolls we've had around here. I may start tagging his threads as poop threads though.

talastan
08-01-2009, 10:29 AM
Eh, he's far less of a pain than other trolls we've had around here. I may start tagging his threads as poop threads though.

Makes sense to me ROFL

Red Beans
08-01-2009, 10:39 AM
Blah, blah, blah, ....Donkeys....who shives a git...

wild1
08-01-2009, 10:46 AM
maybe thread creation privs, but being banned is a bit much

Crashride
08-01-2009, 11:26 AM
I vote 1 month no thread making capabilities.

JOhn
08-01-2009, 12:49 PM
I vote 1 month no thread making capabilities.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

The Bad Guy
08-01-2009, 12:55 PM
Can someone let this fucking tard know that this isn't a Broncos board?

Bowser
08-01-2009, 01:57 PM
Josh McDaniels wants Matt Cassell to be his starting quarterback.

Pioli Zombie
08-01-2009, 02:12 PM
Who gives a horsefuck about pussy dripping Bronco women?
Posted via Mobile Device

Crush
08-01-2009, 02:30 PM
There is nothing worse than a donk homer.

SAUTO
08-01-2009, 02:32 PM
what is he cramming? and where is he cramming it?

Silock
10-11-2009, 06:30 PM
Guess he was right.