PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Q&A with LARRY JOHNSON - 8/1

aturnis
08-01-2009, 12:09 PM
Q&A with LARRY JOHNSON - 8/1 (http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2009/08/01/qa_with_larry_johnson__81/)
Aug 01, 2009, 12:54:24 PM

Q: Do you feel like this is your chance to be the feature guy again?

LARRY JOHNSON: “We don’t really know who we are as far as an offense yet, so anybody can be featured. We have a lot of options in the running game and a lot of options in the passing game so it all kind of depends on what we want to be as an offense.”

Q: Physically and mentally how do you feel?

JOHNSON: “I am not that old. Coach asked me to drop some weight. He wanted me to be a lot faster and be able to not get caught 70-yards down field like last year. The coach is behind me and I just need to keep coming out here and keep working.”

Q: Are you more mature, more business-like?

JOHNSON: “For some reason it just clicked that way. When you have your back to the wall and things don’t always go your way, you have to reorganize your priorities and put your head down and go to work. That is what I have been doing since I came back to the offseason program.”

Q: What do you think of your new coach?

JOHNSON: “I love Todd. As far as being a young coach and being a no-nonsense coach, he is somebody you can really be impressed with. He knows what he is doing and he has been around a lot of great players. For some odd reason I feel closer to him. I can go up to him and talk to him about whatever and it’s the same thing with (Scott) Pioli. Those guys are asking me to come in and try and make a difference with this organization.”

Q: Are you content right now?

JOHNSON: “Yes. I like the organization I am in. (QB Matt) Cassel is a great guy as far as off-the-field goes and it is fun to have that camaraderie with everyone. LB Zach Thomas, LB Mike Vrabel, we are already getting into the O-State vs. Penn State thing. It’s great to have guys on your team that you are impressed with. I remember when I was a rookie watching Zach Thomas run up and down the field, it just feels comfortable.”

Hydrae
08-01-2009, 12:13 PM
But Todd is a white guy. :eek:

DBOSHO
08-01-2009, 12:15 PM
i have high hopes for larry this season. i like what im hearing from him. it would do wonders for him if he could get a bit more speed though.

Crashride
08-01-2009, 12:16 PM
He feels like this until something doesnt go his way then bam back to the corner crying he goes.

Hootie
I'm on record with this...

Scary Larry is going to have a GREAT year this year...guaranteed.

He has to.

The only way he's making his money is with his performance...and he knows it. This is his last chance to cash in.

aturnis
I love Todd. As far as being a young coach and being a no-nonsense coach, he is somebody you can really be impressed with. He knows what he is doing and he has been around a lot of great players. For some odd reason I feel closer to him. I can go up to him and talk to him about whatever and it’s the same thing with (Scott) Pioli. Those guys are asking me to come in and try and make a difference with this organization.

Glad to see Larry doesn't seem to care that Haley is white. He seems to be more impressed with Haley, a very good thing. I hope a lot of players see some method to his hard-assed ways and respect it. I wasn't too happy when Larry said he liked Herm basically just b/c he was black, and he understood and......yada yada.

Larry seems driven. Hopefully some good comes of this.

Hammock Parties
08-01-2009, 12:18 PM
Coach asked me to drop some weight. He wanted me to be a lot faster and be able to not get caught 70-yards down field like last year.

This gives me wood.

Micjones
08-01-2009, 12:44 PM
Larry seems to be very focused and I think this will payoff big on the field.
Excited about what he'll do this year...

JuicesFlowing
08-01-2009, 12:53 PM
Refreshing to read this. Larry seems more focused than ever. It's a good sign that he is developing a good relationship with the coach.

Rain Man
08-01-2009, 01:01 PM
Albert is the new Roaf.
Cassel is the new Green.
Goff is the new Shields.
LJ is the new Holmes.
Bowe is the new Gonzalez.

This team is going places.

Hammock Parties
08-01-2009, 01:02 PM
Unfortunately Hali is the new Hicks and Dorsey is the new Sims.

the Talking Can
08-01-2009, 01:11 PM
Q: What do you think of your new coach?

JOHNSON: “I love Todd. As far as being a young coach and being a no-nonsense coach, he is somebody you can really be impressed with. He knows what he is doing and he has been around a lot of great players. For some odd reason I feel closer to him. I can go up to him and talk to him about whatever and it’s the same thing with (Scott) Pioli. Those guys are asking me to come in and try and make a difference with this organization.”

1. Did Halioli slip some ghb in larry's water?

2. It seems clear to me that most players (not soft bitches like Waters) respond to having clear expectations of behavior and performance. It is just more business like. And something Herm failed at with his clown routine/best buddy shtick.

Mr. Arrowhead
08-01-2009, 01:15 PM
2. It seems clear to me that most players (not soft bitches like Waters) respond to having clear expectations of behavior and performance. It is just more business like. And something Herm failed at with his clown routine/best buddy shtick.

I think LJ thought that the Herm act was just a bunch of bull shit. Herm was too worried about being your friend rather than being your football coach.

JuicesFlowing
08-01-2009, 01:19 PM
I think LJ thought that the Herm act was just a bunch of bull shit. Herm was too worried about being your friend rather than being your football coach.

Teams always hire the hard-ass type after they fire the buddy coach. In case of the Chiefs, Herm followed Vermeil. Enough hugs and laughs to last a lifetime. Haley is a fresh change.

RNR
08-01-2009, 01:22 PM

JOHNSON: “For some reason it just clicked that way. When you have your back to the wall and things don’t always go your way, you have to reorganize your priorities and put your head down and go to work. That is what I have been doing since I came back to the offseason program.”

Translation
Q: Is the fact your women beating ass may get cut changed how you will act.

Johnson: Yes

SAUTO
08-01-2009, 02:29 PM

Translation

i think you are right .

King_Chief_Fan
08-01-2009, 04:04 PM

Translation

what else caused you to kick in gear Larry?
Johnson: you get cut, you get picked up by the raiders. no one wants that.

kcxiv
08-01-2009, 04:10 PM
Raiders dont even know what the hell they want. lol

Fuck the Raiders.

RNR
08-01-2009, 05:37 PM
what else caused you to kick in gear Larry?
Johnson: you get cut, you get picked up by the raiders. no one wants that.

Oakland has a boat load of problems RB ain't one of them, you can keep him :)

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-01-2009, 08:35 PM
Albert is the new Roaf.
Cassel is the new Green.
Goff is the new Shields.
LJ is the new Holmes.
Bowe is the new Gonzalez.

This team is going places.

Flowers is the new Flowers. That's right; he gets his own damn name.

Hammock Parties
08-01-2009, 08:36 PM
Flowers is the new Flowers. That's right; he gets his own damn name.

Flowers is the new anti-Pollard.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-01-2009, 08:48 PM
Flowers is the new anti-Pollard.

Man, fuck you; Pollard is yo' mama's new "Blacksnake Moan".

RealSNR
08-01-2009, 09:45 PM
Clancy Pendergast is the new Greg Robinson

Earthling
08-01-2009, 09:53 PM
Hmmm..I guess we will have to wait and see how LJ does but I have not been very impressed with him for a while now.

LaChapelle
08-01-2009, 10:22 PM
DV was hard on LJ for a reason, he craves it. Herm was too soft. Parcels would have made him a super star.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-01-2009, 10:23 PM
DV was hard on LJ for a reason, he craves it. Herm was too soft. Parcels would have made him a super star.

I do believe you are correct.

Hammock Parties
08-01-2009, 10:25 PM

I think I'm developing a priapism.

RustShack
08-01-2009, 10:29 PM
Its really hard to see LJ fail this year. Hes well well rested. Appears to be more into football and in better shape of any point in his life. He has a coach who is hard on him again. He needs a great year to keep getting paid. Hell this is probably the best RB coach hes ever even had too, and Gailey is pretty good at making things happen when he isn't help back. Hell Haley should make Gailey even better, along with making our passing game a lot better in return opening up the running game more...

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-01-2009, 10:42 PM

ROFL :clap:

salame
08-02-2009, 12:53 AM
Teams always hire the hard-ass type after they fire the buddy coach. In case of the Chiefs, Herm followed Vermeil. Enough hugs and laughs to last a lifetime. Haley is a fresh change.

But remember Herm was supposed to bring us "hard nosed" football

Rausch
08-02-2009, 01:11 AM

Haley is a tempermental d!ck but Pioli is fucking Satan in comparison.

You won't see me $#it-talk Pioli because he gets it done. Period. That's all I care about.

Smed1065
08-02-2009, 01:19 AM
I will actually give LJ the benefit of the doubt, for now. Week 10 will tell.

milkman
08-02-2009, 06:14 AM

You really need to be a contortionist.

boogblaster
08-02-2009, 07:17 AM
LJ will be as good as his O-line is ... period .......

milkman
08-02-2009, 07:26 AM
LJ will be as good as his O-line is ... period .......

Let's hope LJ has a good pad so his period isn't displayed on the O-Line's asses.