PDA

View Full Version : Football Calling Mr. Vick and Mr. Favre....possible job opening? Vikes QB hurt.

BigVE
08-01-2009, 02:31 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AvgQJpMd1rdI_vL79s331LVDubYF?slug=ap-vikings-jackson&prov=ap&type=lgns

AP Source: Vikes QB Jackson has sprained MCL
By JON KRAWCZYNSKI, AP Sports Writer
1 hour, 25 minutes ago
Buzz up!18 votes
Print
MANKATO, Minn. (AP)—Minnesota Vikings quarterback Tarvaris Jackson(notes) sprained the MCL in his left knee after getting tangled with a defensive lineman in practice on Saturday, according to a person with knowledge of the injury.

Jackson was hurt when defensive lineman LeTroy Guion(notes) fell at his feet and rolled over his leg during an 11-on-11 drill and is day-to-day, said the person, who requested anonymity because an official announcement had not been made.

Jackson folded to the field in pain as trainers rushed to check on him. After a few minutes, he was able to get up and walk off under his own power.

“I really don’t know what happened,” Guion said. “Everybody was moving so fast.”

The fourth-year pro first received some attention at a tent on the side of the field before heading to the team’s locker room area at Minnesota State University, Mankato.

Jackson is in a battle with Sage Rosenfels(notes) for the starting quarterback position after Brett Favre(notes) decided not to come out of retirement and join the Vikings.

“Whether it’s Tarvaris or any of your guys, you don’t want to see any of your guys go down, no matter who it is,” offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell said after practice. “Whether it’s your quarterback, your third tight end, it doesn’t matter. You don’t like to see anybody have any type of injury.”

The Vikings have held three practices since training camp began on Friday, and Jackson and Rosenfels have been splitting the snaps with the first team.

“It’s pretty tough (to see that), especially in practice,” left tackle Bryant McKinnie(notes) said. “Hopefully he’ll be all right.”

In his first season on the job in 2006, Vikings coach Brad Childress drafted Jackson in the second round as his quarterback of the future. He has been up and down in his first three seasons in the league, which led to the recruitment of Favre all summer long.

When Favre called Childress on Tuesday to tell him he wasn’t coming, the competition started anew for Jackson and Rosenfels.

Jackson’s familiarity with the offense appears to have given him a slight edge so far, but it’s still very early in the competition.

“At this time, Tarvaris has a little bit more knowledge of our system,” Bevell said. “He is an athletic quarterback. He’s got a very strong arm and those would be the positives about him.”

Sure-Oz
08-01-2009, 02:33 PM
Jeff George FTW

JD10367
08-01-2009, 02:33 PM
Karma for the Vikes, perhaps, for lusting after Favre and shitting on the QBs on their roster. Now they might have neither...

kstater
08-01-2009, 02:36 PM
Karma for the Vikes, perhaps, for lusting after Favre and shitting on the QBs on their roster. Now they might have neither...

No, the Karma will be taking that talented team and getting Favre to throw his inevitable season ending interception in the playoffs.

KCBOSS1
08-01-2009, 02:39 PM
Uh oh! And the Favre saga begins again..... here we go.

08-01-2009, 02:40 PM
Who cares?

KCBOSS1
08-01-2009, 02:41 PM
Would it shock anybody if Favre just dodges training camp since he already knows the offense, is working out and would be a shew-in if he walks on?

KCBOSS1
08-01-2009, 02:43 PM
Who cares?

So you read the thread, and responses just to come on and say "who cares?" ?
:spock:

SAUTO
08-01-2009, 02:45 PM
Would it shock anybody if Favre just dodges training camp since he already knows the offense, is working out and would be a shew-in if he walks on?

nope, oh i mean who cares:D but really no wouldnt suprise me at all. i thought that would happen before today

08-01-2009, 02:46 PM
So you read the thread, and responses just to come on and say "who cares?" ?
:spock:You bet I did.:D

chiefs1111
08-01-2009, 02:49 PM

Nope,nothing would shock me at this point

Gadzooks
08-01-2009, 02:54 PM
The Vikes have every aspect of the game covered with the exception of the passing game.
Favre would have brought them down 'cause the man loves to throw INTs all day.
With Jackson and Rosenfells(sp?) at least their passing game will have the element of surprise.

KCBOSS1
08-01-2009, 03:00 PM
You bet I did.:D

And still you read it and comment. Listen we won't tell anybody you care. You are counting the days to the un-retirement. :thumb:

SAUTO
08-01-2009, 03:02 PM
And still you read it and comment. Listen we won't tell anybody you care. You are counting the days to the un-retirement. :thumb:

i am. he seems to really love the game, it's fun to watch, i might feel different if i was a fan of the team though

08-01-2009, 03:03 PM
And still you read it and comment. Listen we won't tell anybody you care. You are counting the days to the un-retirement. :thumb:Why do you think I renamed my Fantasy team to Favre Dollar Foot Long.

JD10367
08-01-2009, 03:04 PM
No, the Karma will be taking that talented team and getting Favre to throw his inevitable season ending interception in the playoffs in a game where he throws four bad picks.

Improved.

KCBOSS1
08-01-2009, 03:26 PM
I want Favre to come back to the Vikings too. I really hope that he does. It cracks me up when I see folk whine and complain about all of the talk about him, but still they read all the stuff and take the time to insult everybody who starts a thread about it, then stay through the entire thread to comment 50 times about how sick they are about hearing about him.

I really don't think Brett is an attention whore. I'm the same age he is. I believe that he is in a total inner quandry all of the time. I think the guy is one of the greatest football players ever. Not the greatest quarterback....just a great football player. It's kind of like Michael Jordan. Everybody got tired of his on and off retirement, baseball, back to basketball stuff....but the game lost a lot when he left. I don't think that Brett carries quite that impact, but I haven't never wanted to see him retire. He's just good for the game IMO

KCBOSS1
08-01-2009, 03:32 PM
Vick might be a scary fit in Minnesota too, if he has maintained his talent level. I think he has gone through a crazy humbling. If he hasn't lost a step or any pass valocity, combination he and Peterson in the backfield could be interesting.

KCBOSS1
08-01-2009, 03:33 PM
Be like the Wild Hog (Arkansas name for it) on nitro.

chagrin
08-01-2009, 03:34 PM
the vikes make it very hard to root for them after getting hutch and AP and the other moves they've made to win, and going after the eternal ego for QB. It's too bad but really, they should have been more active in looking for a solid QB option.

KCBOSS1
08-01-2009, 03:37 PM
You think Favre is the "eternal ego"? You may be right.

JuicesFlowing
08-01-2009, 04:25 PM

Until Nov 1,

Sincerely,

Brett Favre

Halfcan
08-01-2009, 04:34 PM
they better back the Brinks truck up to Favre's back door and pay him whatever he wants. He is the Best QB that is out there.

Lets hope he comes back!