PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs 19 years as a fan and not one live game.....

Johnny Vegas
08-01-2009, 05:20 PM
until now!!

I finally bought my first 2 tickets to a Chiefs game over the course of my 19 years as a fan. I wish it was earlier, but I'm ****ing happy regardless. I'm going to the Chiefs vs. Giants game. I've never been in KC before either and well let me know where I can find the CP tailgate and I'll gladly make a visit!!

So the long drive will begin in Billings, MT then a 15 hour drive to KC!! see you OCT. 4th!!

Halfcan
08-01-2009, 05:21 PM
congrats-should be an easy win for us

Hydrae
08-01-2009, 05:22 PM
Cool, I have yet to make it. Won't be this season either I am afraid.

Johnny Vegas
08-01-2009, 05:23 PM
Cool, I have yet to make it. Won't be this season either I am afraid.

I almost went last year when the Broncos came to KC, but shit wouldn't work out. I'm glad I didn't go on a year they went 2-14 lol

Slainte
08-01-2009, 05:24 PM
congrats-should be an easy win for us

Some are just infused with the comedy gene...

wild1
08-01-2009, 05:28 PM
congrats - i will be traveling to attend the first game, which will be my first game in a few years. Can't wait to see the new Arrowhead but mostly the new Chiefs

kstater
08-01-2009, 05:29 PM
I almost went last year when the Broncos came to KC, but shit wouldn't work out. I'm glad I didn't go on a year they went 2-14 lol

I wouldn't get too far ahead of yourself. 2-14 is a very real possibility this year.

BigVE
08-01-2009, 05:32 PM
We went to our first game a few years back and it was an absolute BLAST! We got there as soon as the gates opened, tailgated with strangers and took in all the "sights". And, it just happened to be PERFECT weather and an AWESOME game...it was the game where we killed the Falcons and Priest and Blaylock went nuts scoring TD's left and right. We left without a voice. I dont know what seats you got but we spent some extra cash since it was our first time and got great seats and it really added to the experience.

Johnny Vegas
08-01-2009, 05:33 PM
I wouldn't get too far ahead of yourself. 2-14 is a very real possibility this year.

lmao couldn't get through the first page without this. I thought about it after I hit submit. Then I thought.......naaaaaaaaaaah!

rockymtnchief
08-01-2009, 05:35 PM
until now!!

I finally bought my first 2 tickets to a Chiefs game over the course of my 19 years as a fan. I wish it was earlier, but I'm ****ing happy regardless. I'm going to the Chiefs vs. Giants game. I've never been in KC before either and well let me know where I can find the CP tailgate and I'll gladly make a visit!!

So the long drive will begin in Billings, MT then a 15 hour drive to KC!! see you OCT. 4th!!

Congrats! Why didn't you get Cowboy tickets? You could've flown out of Billings with a bunch of us.

Johnny Vegas
08-01-2009, 05:36 PM
We went to our first game a few years back and it was an absolute BLAST! We got there as soon as the gates opened, tailgated with strangers and took in all the "sights". And, it just happened to be PERFECT weather and an AWESOME game...it was the game where we killed the Falcons and Priest and Blaylock went nuts scoring TD's left and right. We left without a voice. I dont know what seats you got but we spent some extra cash since it was our first time and got great seats and it really added to the experience.

hell yeah I plan on getting there just to get the KC bbq in me. Then mingle with the fans. I'm in section 111 row 16. Those are very good seats IMO. Its the bottom level right by the hole where the players run out of to enter the field.

Johnny Vegas
08-01-2009, 05:38 PM
Congrats! Why didn't you get Cowboy tickets? You could've flown out of Billings with a bunch of us.

DAMN!! it was toss up and the deciding factor was to see the Giants since they won a Super Bowl just recently. That'd be a trip tho have a bunch of Montana folk roadie down to KC. DAMNIT!!!

KCUnited
08-01-2009, 05:43 PM
until now!!

My pops is heading from KC to Kalispell tomorrow morning to see my brother. He's staying over in Billings on Monday night, any food recomendations in Billings?

Johnny Vegas
08-01-2009, 05:51 PM
My pops is heading from KC to Kalispell tomorrow morning to see my brother. He's staying over in Billings on Monday night, any food recomendations in Billings?

oh um lets see. Jakes is downtown on 1st and 27th. Another place downtown is the Brew pub which is on broadway between 1st and 2nd street. Right next to the Brew pub is Hooligans pub that is also a good place to eat. A favorite of mine is Red Robin which is on Grand Ave.

JOhn
08-01-2009, 06:00 PM

:spock:

I'm still thinking of going to that game. Just waiting to see how things turn out. You guys flying to Denver or Salt Lake for the connection?

Pioli Zombie
08-01-2009, 06:22 PM
19 years without ever going to a game. You can't be white.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bwana
08-01-2009, 06:32 PM

I'm still thinking of going to that game. Just waiting to see how things turn out. You guys flying to Denver or Salt Lake for the connection?

I would have gone in a heartbeat, but I will be in fuggen OH That week. AC/DC is also playing the Thursday before the game. That would have been one hell of a week.

Bwana
08-01-2009, 06:33 PM
until now!!

Dude, do your folks still own the hotel in Cooke, or did they sell it? Have you been up there this summer?

rockymtnchief
08-01-2009, 06:38 PM

Denver. We leave Saturday morning on Northwestern around 10:15 IIRC. Come back Monday. Got seats in section 110 row 7.

Bwana
08-01-2009, 06:43 PM
Denver. We leave Saturday morning on Northwestern around 10:15 IIRC. Come back Monday. Got seats in section 110 row 7.

Sweet!

I'm really pissed off things worked out the way they did with work. I REALLY wanted to join you guys on the shindig.

Johnny Vegas
08-01-2009, 06:55 PM
Dude, do your folks still own the hotel in Cooke, or did they sell it? Have you been up there this summer?

no they still got it goin. They've done a lot of remodeling of the rooms and the exterior. They do want to sell it tho. Unfortunately I haven't been over there I've been helping my pops with his LE Courts biz and goin around the state resurfacing tennis courts, basketball courts, and running tracks for schools. When the season for this work is done then I'll head up to Cooke to relax. I ****ing need it!!! lol

JuicesFlowing
08-01-2009, 07:00 PM
until now!!

Whatever the outcome, the tailgating and experience will be memorable. Enjoy yourself.

Bwana
08-01-2009, 07:09 PM
no they still got it goin. They've done a lot of remodeling of the rooms and the exterior. They do want to sell it tho. Unfortunately I haven't been over there I've been helping my pops with his LE Courts biz and goin around the state resurfacing tennis courts, basketball courts, and running tracks for schools. When the season for this work is done then I'll head up to Cooke to relax. I ****ing need it!!! lol

When I was up there over the 4th I tried to run you down, but no luck.

Johnny Vegas
08-01-2009, 07:13 PM
When I was up there over the 4th I tried to run you down, but no luck.

damn!! good lookin out!! I was in Missoula workin on a track there for the 4th. I usually go there for the 4th too.

Johnny Vegas
08-01-2009, 07:14 PM
Whatever the outcome, the tailgating and experience will be memorable. Enjoy yourself.

hey thanks I can't wait to tailgate. I can wait to spend money on beer at the game tho lol

rockymtnchief
08-01-2009, 07:15 PM

Just took the daughters there this weekend. Great time, as usual.

Bwana
08-01-2009, 07:17 PM
damn!! good lookin out!! I was in Missoula workin on a track there for the 4th. I usually go for the 4th too.

I know you have talked about going on the 4th in the past, so I went in and tried to run you down. I'm sure the desk chippie will remember me. I was the guy that came in with Carharts and the the Glock 20 on. I told the gal to tell you Bwana was by looking for you, next time you showed up. :D

Johnny Vegas
08-01-2009, 07:17 PM
19 years without ever going to a game. You can't be white.
Posted via Mobile Device

lmfao I probably could've gone earlier in the years, but just finding somebody to go with me was difficult.

Bwana
08-01-2009, 07:19 PM

Did you go up Goose trail on ATV's?

Johnny Vegas
08-01-2009, 07:19 PM
I know you have talked about going on the 4th in the past, so I went in and tried to run you down. I'm sure the desk chippie will remember me. I was the guy that came in with Carharts and the the Glock 20 on. I told the gal to tell you Bwana was by, next time you showed up. :D

lmao!!! that just made my day! I hope she still works there after that!! rofl

JOhn
08-01-2009, 07:20 PM

I'll keep it in mind, still havn't decided yet.

Bwana, you going to the Bronco @ KC game this year?

JOhn
08-01-2009, 07:22 PM
lmao!!! that just made my day! I hope she still works there after that!! rofl

WHich Motel?

Going up there soon.

Johnny Vegas
08-01-2009, 07:22 PM

argh!! you're tempting me!! lol I just want to hit up a trail and relax next to a lake since I can't catch a fish lol

Bwana
08-01-2009, 07:23 PM
I'll keep it in mind, still havn't decided yet.

Bwana, you going to the Bronco @ KC game this year?

I don't know at this point John. I really wanted to make that Dallas game and the AC/DC concert, but work calls.

Johnny Vegas
08-01-2009, 07:24 PM
WHich Motel?

Going up there soon.

its The Soda Butte Lodge. I'll see if I can get a deal on a room for a fellow Chiefs fan.

rockymtnchief
08-01-2009, 07:25 PM
Did you go up Goose trail on ATV's?

I wish! Best I could do was Lake Abundance. My 3 year old doesn't travel very well.

Bwana
08-01-2009, 07:29 PM
I wish! Best I could do was Lake Abundance. My 3 year old doesn't travel very well.

Any snow on the way to Abundance? This is what it looked like before the first lake on Goose trail over the 4th. I'm trying to figure out if Goose is doable at this point. I will find out soon. Keep in mind, that the ATV is a Polaris 850 with Maxxis Bighorns. That was some deep ass snow.

rockymtnchief
08-01-2009, 07:33 PM
Any snow on the way to Abundance? This is what it looked like before the first lake on Goose trail over the 4th. I'm trying ot figure out if Goose is doable at this point. I will find out soon.

I took a Jeep Liberty most of the way and it was fine. Still deep patches along the way.

Is that you in the pic?

JOhn
08-01-2009, 07:38 PM
I don't know at this point John. I really wanted to make that Dallas game and the AC/DC concert, but work calls.
My oldest daughters Bday is that same weekend as the Dallas game, so I'm trying to do the trip.

its The Soda Butte Lodge. I'll see if I can get a deal on a room for a fellow Chiefs fan.
Sweet, I've stayed there in the past. Ever get to Cody, I can hook you up here at our property also. :D

rockymtnchief
08-01-2009, 07:41 PM
My oldest daughters Bday is that same weekend as the Dallas game, so I'm trying to do the trip.

Bring her along! DESIGNATED DRIVER! :D

Lumpy
08-01-2009, 07:42 PM
My first game at Arrowhead was on Sept 26, 1999. The hubby and I went there for our honeymoon. Chiefs vs Lions. We smacked them around and ended up beating them by 10, (final 31-21). I couldn't have asked for a better day, (although we were slightly hung over). Regardless, the feeling u get when u walk up through the bleachers, looking at the field, and seeing all the players... it is something else! And to get that chance to see DT in action... it was amazing!!

Congrats on finally getting there! :D

Bwana
08-01-2009, 07:44 PM
I took a Jeep Liberty most of the way and it was fine. Still deep patches along the way.

Is that you in the pic?

Indeed, this was another one of me pulling out some dipshit from CO that got his Hummer stuck.

rockymtnchief
08-01-2009, 07:49 PM
Indeed, this was another one of me pulling out some dipshit from CO that got his Hummer stuck.

Yeah, I saw you posted that picture somewhere else.

Pretty sure I've seen you in Billings too. Pretty sure I hate you.:D

Bwana
08-01-2009, 07:51 PM
Yeah, I saw you posted that picture somewhere else.

Pretty sure I've seen you in Billings too. Pretty sure I hate you.:D

Heh, get in line. :evil:

Bwana
08-01-2009, 07:52 PM
Did you take any shots when you were up there last weekend?

rockymtnchief
08-01-2009, 07:58 PM
Did you take any shots when you were up there last weekend?
We didn't do a whole lot of anything. The girls had never been up there so I gave them the tour, took their pictures, ate, looked at moose, and crashed.

Damn WDOT is working on the road and added an hour to the trip getting up there.

Bwana
08-01-2009, 08:00 PM
We didn't do a whole lot of anything. The girls had never been up there so I gave them the tour, took their pictures, ate, looked at moose, and crashed.

Damn WDOT is working on the road and added an hour to the trip getting up there.

Did you go up the pass, or through Sunlight?

rockymtnchief
08-01-2009, 08:03 PM
We went up Beartooth. Both my daughters were amazed. I thought all the driving would bore them.

Bwana
08-01-2009, 08:07 PM
We went up Beartooth. Both my daughters were amazed. I thought all the driving would bore them.

That is the route I took for most of my trips over the years, but I go thought Sunlight now, a lot quicker. All it takes is on motor home to screw you on Beartooth.

Gadzooks
08-01-2009, 08:09 PM
Yeah, live games a great.

Gadzooks
08-01-2009, 08:19 PM
I don't kow if anyone saw it, but the planet cannot be phased!!!

chiefbowe82
08-01-2009, 11:26 PM
lmao couldn't get through the first page without this. I thought about it after I hit submit. Then I thought.......naaaaaaaaaaah!

no worries kstater is just a douchebag