PDA

View Full Version : Life quitting smoking, cigs AND weed

reiko57
08-02-2009, 12:03 AM
wtf there goes my identity, anyway tomorrow my lungs are free, i bought these lozenges at wall mart for fuckin 38 bucks (i better be like the fonz with these motherfuckers) and these like, vitamins for health, also some healthy food. as for the weed, i cant justify 65 bucks a week anymore, its pointless and im pretty sure its made me retarded, i thought all the stuff in my basket at wal mart would be 200 bucks and it was 89, its time to set the shit down

anyway, 5 years of heavy smoking (both cigs and weed) have caused the following problems

my skin looks like shit
all food tastes like cardboard, im thin as a rail cause i can never choke anything down
my hair is thin, and it shouldn't be
nasty ass yellow teeth and if my breath smells half as bad as my mouth tastes most of the time, it should be considered assault with a deadly weapon for me to breath on you
horrible circulation, the tips of my feet and fingers (not good for a guitarist) get tingly, its so bad in the winter
im going to guess i've spent 10,000 dollars on the two over the last 5 years, cant get that back, and nothing to show for it
i cant run, and if i do i'll get so dizzy i just about pass out, climbing up a ladder makes me wheeze (im 155 pounds)
also, you cant smoke inside anywhere anymore

wish me luck, i'll need it, im a naturally angry person anyway

Buehler445
08-02-2009, 12:06 AM
Best of luck dude. Every day is a battle. Just win the battles.

Fishpicker
08-02-2009, 12:14 AM
good luck. giving both of those up at the same time is going to be a chore. And you're going to cough like a **********er once the cilia start to grow back. If you have sick days, use them.

KC Dan
08-02-2009, 12:27 AM
I quit a month ago. Good luck and keep busy. Lax time (twice) has been the only times I thought about lighting up. If Frazod can do it, well....

chiefs1111
08-02-2009, 12:44 AM
Best of luck to you. Next Sunday will be one year since Ive quit smoking.

J Diddy
08-02-2009, 12:46 AM
Best of luck. Remember don't turn to crack.

Priest31kc
08-02-2009, 12:51 AM
Good luck man, Ive tried giving up both at the same time as well, but failed. Gotta keep tryin though.

Slainte
08-02-2009, 03:38 AM
G'Luck man. I've been a quitter for almost 4 years now. Wasn't easy but it's amongst the best decisions I've ever made.

Sfeihc
08-02-2009, 04:38 AM
Good luck, you can do it. I smoked for 15 years and quit with the help of Nicorette gum(mint flavor). The Nicorette took care of the physical side of things and I just stayed out in front of the mental side of things.

Param
08-02-2009, 05:06 AM
http://www.quitsmokingmessageboard.com/

I recommend checking out this site. Lots of tips & other people in the world are quitting at the same time and going through the same as you. When you're feeling the craves, just go to the site and read. Helped me and the board is a positive reinforcement place to go when you're feelin down.

GL!

Here's a tip. Cut straws in the shape of cigs. chew on it, smoke it, whatever when you have the urge. Worked for me.

sodcat
08-02-2009, 06:33 AM
Good luck! I was a 2 pack a day man myself for over 13 years and I can tell you that you will be MUCH BETTER OFF without that junk in your system! Hang in there, the first week is hell!

kstater
08-02-2009, 06:54 AM
Good luck

PHOG
08-02-2009, 07:31 AM
Good luck, I'm considering it myself, well the cigs anyway...

reiko57
08-02-2009, 08:15 AM
thanks y'all these thing seem to be helpin me, its still pretty early though so we'll see how it ends up lol

Hog's Gone Fishin
08-02-2009, 08:23 AM
Masturbating animals will definitely help keep your mind off cig's and pot!

Also I noticed that the excessive use of marijuana takes away your ability to use the shift key.

Slainte
08-02-2009, 08:24 AM
Best of luck. Remember don't turn to crack.

This is good advice. No offense to any of you crackheads out there...

Rain Man
08-02-2009, 09:47 AM
Good work. For $10,000, you could take a couple of months off and wander around Europe. Every time you want a cigarette or some marijuana, put the money you would've spent into a jar and go for a jog instead. Five years from now, you'll be a white-toothed, fresh-breathed, in-shape tourist in Paris, sampling and enjoying their fine foods.

LocoChiefsFan
08-02-2009, 09:53 AM
Good luck Bro!! Once you get through the withdrawals you'll feel like a new man.

reiko57
08-02-2009, 02:42 PM
man idk what it is, maybe the gum or idk but i feel pretty damn good, and the idea of not buying those sorry ass FSC cigarettes for 6 bucks a pack feels even better, i think im finally gonna do it! and the weed.. god i want some, i want some fuckin bad, but it'll destroy my willpower and i'll be at quiktrip in 15 minutes buying parliaments.. also my accessories are all destroyed so.. oh well

Also I noticed that the excessive use of marijuana takes away your ability to use the shift key.

indeed

Mecca
08-02-2009, 02:46 PM
Can I have the weed?

reiko57
08-02-2009, 02:51 PM
Can I have the weed?

i sold it to my roommate, probably about 1/16th of an ounce for 15 bucks, for him- deal of a lifetime lol, but i took that to arthur bryants.. mmmmmmmm

Boyceofsummer
08-02-2009, 03:51 PM
If Sarah Palin can give-up the limelight(and Todd Palin) you can ditch smoke inhaled into your biological machine.

p.s. The fact that you are not retarded is a substantial bonus in your favor. My apologies to retarded Alaskan's.

Bwana
08-02-2009, 04:12 PM
If Sarah Palin can give-up the limelight(and Todd Palin) you can ditch smoke inhaled into your biological machine.

p.s. The fact that you are not retarded is a substantial bonus in your favor. My apologies to retarded Alaskan's.

:spock:

POND_OF_RED
08-02-2009, 05:38 PM
as for the weed, i cant justify 65 bucks a week anymore, its pointless and im pretty sure its made me retarded, i thought all the stuff in my basket at wal mart would be 200 bucks and it was 89, its time to set the shit down

Doesn't sound so bad. Sounds like the weed turned you into one hell of a bargain shopper. Now you can afford to smoke for another week. Nicely done :thumb:

reiko57
08-02-2009, 06:35 PM
Doesn't sound so bad. Sounds like the weed turned you into one hell of a bargain shopper. Now you can afford to smoke for another week. Nicely done :thumb:

lol good call..

im actually feeling depressed, i want a smoke bad, but im too determined to move on from all of this stuff, and i think i'd feel worse aboutmeself if i did

grrrrr

Sanka
08-02-2009, 06:43 PM
I quit smoking cigarettes 6 months ago this coming Wednesday, it wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be.

Psyko Tek
08-02-2009, 06:49 PM
sorry,
it's not the smoking
checking your symptoms
you are a zombie

gblowfish
08-02-2009, 08:41 PM
I quit smoking cold turkey on my 30th birthday.
I just turned 50 two weeks ago.
20 years smoke free.

I have about three cigars a year on New Years, 4th of July, and Royals Opening Day.

DaneMcCloud
08-02-2009, 09:15 PM
wtf there goes my identity,

While everyone else is going "rah, rah, rah!", I'm going to be a dick (what else is new?).

The bottom line is this: You sound like a fucking loser.

Take the plunge and get your shit together. Stop smoking cigarettes, stop smoking "weed" and get your act together. Get healthy and go see a doctor.

For all you know, you may have something far more serious going on (asthma, allergies, lung disease, blood disease, etc.).

Fucking nut up and quit the shit, pronto.

Good luck and keep us posted!