PDA

View Full Version : Life RIP Frito our little friend!

Reerun_KC
08-03-2009, 10:10 PM
Tonight we lost our Frito (Aussie Sheppard). She was hit by a car, we tried to make it to the hospital, but she was too hurt inside. Frito was a dog that loved nothing more than to be loved. She was sweet and sensative. All she wanted to do was hug you and cuddle up to you to be petted. She will be missed, she touched alot of lives with her goofy antics. Frito was not only our little doggie, but our friend! RIP Frito, we loved you like no other and you will be missed!

DaneMcCloud
08-03-2009, 10:11 PM
My condolences.

That really freaking sucks.

Sure-Oz
08-03-2009, 10:11 PM
Damn im sorry to hear that :(

Bwana
08-03-2009, 10:19 PM
Damn, sorry to hear that dude.

doomy3
08-03-2009, 10:19 PM
Very sorry to hear about this. I have 2 Goldens and they are really like family. Hang in there.

Reerun_KC
08-03-2009, 10:24 PM
Man it is really hitting us hard... We still have our boarder collie, but something is just missing from our lives now... I guess you dont realize how special those little doggies are until they are gone.

Burying one of your best little buddies isnt easy!

KCChiefsMan
08-03-2009, 10:25 PM
man, that sucks. Pets are family and losing them sucks. Sorry to hear that man.

KcMizzou
08-03-2009, 10:26 PM
Ah damn. I'm sorry to hear that.

alanm
08-03-2009, 10:27 PM
Sorry to hear about your dog Rerun. Dogs really are like children and family. And the loss of a dog is no less. Hang in there.

DaneMcCloud
08-03-2009, 10:31 PM
Man it is really hitting us hard... We still have our boarder collie, but something is just missing from our lives now... I guess you dont realize how special those little doggies are until they are gone.

Dude, I sincerely feel for you and your family.

My two labs are family members. They sleep with us, hang out us and go anywhere and everywhere we can take them. They ARE family and I (we) would be absolutely devastated if anything happened to either of them.

I'm bummed for you.

CosmicPal
08-03-2009, 10:32 PM

I'm really sorry to hear that. I'm a dog lover/owner myself and you hope nothing like that happens, but understand that they do, and yet you're never as prepared for it as you might think. My deepest sympathies.

Buehler445
08-03-2009, 10:33 PM
Give your family and chili my best.
Posted via Mobile Device

stlchiefs
08-03-2009, 10:33 PM
Sorry to hear. I couldn't imagine losing my Chocolate that way.

stumppy
08-03-2009, 10:35 PM
Sorry to hear it man.
Dogs are about the best animal on the planet. I like my two beagles better than most people I know.

pr_capone
08-03-2009, 10:40 PM
Sorry to hear.

RIP Frito

Reerun_KC
08-03-2009, 10:58 PM
Chili (our boarder collie) is just beside herself tonight. Not only is the kids and wife upset. But Chili is walking around like this is looking for something.. Those two havent been apart a day in the last 2 years... They went and did everything together.

I just cant believe that little doggie is gone. I know I keep repeating it, but dang, just a few hours ago, she was being all goofy chasing a ball and playing fetch with us..........

Just rips your heart out...

Mecca
08-03-2009, 11:03 PM
I think that's why my pets stay in the house, I'd probably flip out if one of them got hit by a car.

TrebMaxx
08-03-2009, 11:04 PM
I have two Aussie Mixes myself. Condolences to your family, been there before except that old age was the culprit. Never had a dog get hit by a car.

Reerun_KC
08-03-2009, 11:06 PM
Give your family and chili my best.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks B.... You actually got to meet and play with both Chili and Frito. You can see how she will be missed...

Buehler445
08-03-2009, 11:19 PM
Thanks B.... You actually got to meet and play with both Chili and Frito. You can see how she will be missed...

Definitely dude. Nothing but love and happiness ooze from those two.
Posted via Mobile Device

Titty Meat
08-04-2009, 12:33 AM
Sorry to hear that. My cat got ran over a few weeks ago but we didn't find out about it a few days later. To be honest I still feel sad sometimes when I think about my cat. I feel for your family I know it was a tear fest around here for a few days but then we bought 2 new kittens. You should get another dog when the time is right. Sorry to hear though.

salame
08-04-2009, 12:52 AM
sorry to hear it man, my dogs are like my kids so I feel your pain

chasedude
08-04-2009, 03:38 AM
Dogs are amazing creatures. Hearing about your loss makes me reminisce on the times I had with my four legged friends past on. Still miss them, as I'm sure you will with yours. Smile and remember the good times :D

Kerberos
08-04-2009, 03:58 AM
I feel for you Reerun

Lost my weenie dog about 3 1/2 years ago when she ran in front of a car.

About every other morning I get up and take out the trash about 5 am and the weenie always went with me. I ALWAYS looked up and down the street to make sure no one is walking or running before opening the screen door.

Well I missed someone on the side street and when she came around the corner all I heard was tires screeching, a yelp and a womans voice yelling OMG.

The F***ing driver didn't even have the bawls to stop.

She was "MY" dog. I had her long before I met my wife and before we had our son.

So I know the loss your are feeling reerun. My heart goes out to you bud.

joesomebody
08-04-2009, 06:46 AM
So sorry for your loss. I lost my last Golden 2 years ago and hit was one of the hardest things I've ever had to go through. My current dog Otis is amazing, and is truly my best buddy. I had to take him to the vet yesterday as he was almost nearly unresponsive when I came home yesterday. Turns out he has epilepsy... It's not too serious and he won't even need meds for it as long as he doesn't start having seizures too frequently. The vet even said he may never have another one... I sure hope not.

Very sorry for your loss, I've been there and there is no easy or quick way to heal. It took getting another dog before I even began to start feeling better.

Dartgod
08-04-2009, 06:52 AM
It's hard enough when your pets become old and must be put down. I can't imagine how devastated I would be if I lost one of my dogs like that.

I'm very sorry for your loss.

Ceej
08-04-2009, 06:52 AM
Sorry to hear that man.

We just recently put our 3 year old Aussie shepherd down. He had cancer. I've yet to stop thinking about him and I don't know if I ever will.

I try to move on but everything in the house reminds me of him. I just wish I could spend one more day with him, just one more day.

I just revert back to the fact that he's in a better place right now. And I hate thinking that too because I still want him with us.

Ceej
08-04-2009, 06:54 AM
So sorry for your loss. I lost my last Golden 2 years ago and hit was one of the hardest things I've ever had to go through. My current dog Otis is amazing, and is truly my best buddy. I had to take him to the vet yesterday as he was almost nearly unresponsive when I came home yesterday. Turns out he has epilepsy... It's not too serious and he won't even need meds for it as long as he doesn't start having seizures too frequently. The vet even said he may never have another one... I sure hope not.

Very sorry for your loss, I've been there and there is no easy or quick way to heal. It took getting another dog before I even began to start feeling better.

Our pup -- Cooper was diagnosed with epilepsy at age one. The seizures were hard to watch. And regrettably he's no longer with us.

Hog's Gone Fishin
08-04-2009, 06:55 AM
I wish my old lady's little shit head rat terrier would get hit by a car !

Dartgod
08-04-2009, 06:57 AM
I wish my old lady's little shit head rat terrier would get hit by a car !
Predictable. :shake:

rockymtnchief
08-04-2009, 07:02 AM
Sorry for your loss.

It's amazing how attached we can become to our furry family members.

joesomebody
08-04-2009, 07:11 AM
Our pup -- Cooper was diagnosed with epilepsy at age one. The seizures were hard to watch. And regrettably he's no longer with us.Just curious, did the epilepsy cause his death? I'm still a little worried about him, though the vet says its common and pretty harmless. If they get serious she has medications for him.

MOhillbilly
08-04-2009, 07:15 AM
that sucks dude. my sympathies.

angelo
08-04-2009, 07:17 AM
I am very sorry for you and your family.

I consider my dogs like children.

Ang

tooge
08-04-2009, 07:30 AM
Man, so sorry, they are family members for sure and best buds. My condolences.

DeezNutz
08-04-2009, 07:38 AM
I am very sorry to hear of your loss. Dogs are great people.

JOhn
08-04-2009, 07:39 AM
Sorry to hear this. Lossing a beloved pet is a very tough thing.

Lost my 13 y/o German Shepherd last year, and still haven't come to terms with it. I want another, but not yet ready to give my heart away again.

I currently have a 15 y/o cat that is as much a member of the family as my kids. She was the one who woke us when my daughter first started having seizures. And was always there to guard her when the therapists would come to work with her. I got custody of the cat in the divorce because the kids could not bear to be without her. I know she hasn't long to live, and dread he day when she will pass.

Lumpy
08-04-2009, 08:19 AM
Frito was a beautiful dog. My condolences.

gblowfish
08-04-2009, 08:20 AM
Very sad. When you're ready, go find a pound puppy and give a good home to another puppy who will love you.

Reerun_KC
08-04-2009, 09:27 AM
Well the sun still shines the next day. Flag is at half mast on the pole in the front yard. Everyone is quiet this am... I had to go fly a studetnt his am... was pretty quiet, couldnt get Frito out of my mind. I wrote this as a text this am...

"Frito can never be replaces, she was special, sweet and most of all she taught this family the true meaning of Love."

The Franchise
08-04-2009, 09:29 AM
I'm sorry to hear that man. I had to put down my little guy last year......and it killed me inside.

Rain Man
08-04-2009, 09:37 AM
Please accept my condolences. It's a hard thing to deal with.

Reerun_KC
08-04-2009, 09:43 AM
Thanks everyone, I have given out to much rep... I will catch the rest of you tomorrow.

OmahaChief
08-04-2009, 09:46 AM
Very sorry to hear about your loss.

Reerun_KC
08-04-2009, 09:59 AM
Chili our Boarder Collie is just pacing the yard, sniffing and looking for Frito. She cant even sit still in the house.

This is crazy....

Just Passin' By
08-04-2009, 10:03 AM
Chili our Boarder Collie is just pacing the yard, sniffing and looking for Frito. She cant even sit still in the house.

This is crazy....

When you only have 2 dogs, this happens a lot, and Chili could end up going into a dog version of depression. You really need to think about bringing in a new dog as a companion for Chili.

Buck
08-04-2009, 10:07 AM
Sorry Reerun

Reerun_KC
08-04-2009, 10:09 AM
When you only have 2 dogs, this happens a lot, and Chili could end up going into a dog version of depression. You really need to think about bringing in a new dog as a companion for Chili.

We are talking about that, just feels so calous to do so so quickly.. But its not fair to chili who depended on Frito for a playmate each day.

I started looking for an Aussie or Boarder this am... Just feels so wrong. I know we are not replacing Frito's. She cant be replaced, but we need some healing for the Kids, Wife, Chili and hell myself. I am 36 years old and at moments still sob like a baby.

Frazod
08-04-2009, 10:09 AM
Sorry to hear about this, dude. My condolences.

DeezNutz
08-04-2009, 10:15 AM
She cant be replaced, but we need some healing for the Kids, Wife, Chili and hell myself.

Exactly.

Don't feel bad.

Reerun_KC
08-04-2009, 10:17 AM
Sorry to hear about this, dude. My condolences.

Thanks Frazod...

Reerun_KC
08-04-2009, 10:19 AM
Guys, I just wanted to think you for saying kind words. My family will read this thread and so appreciate all the things you guys said.

Yeah we might be tough football fans and bash each other, but its nice to see that people are real and understand pain when it comes to ones family.

Thanks from the Reerun_KC's.....

Old Dog
08-04-2009, 10:26 AM
Condolences
Dogs are some of the best people I've ever met. We had to put our first Husky (Nikki) down in 97 (just thinking about telling the kids and my eyes get foggy) because of kidney issues. Sarah (another husky we got a couple of months after Nikki died) died in '04. They were both cremated and sit on a shelf in the living room.
Our black lab Dixie Snowball is looking old and starting to slow down a bit at only 7 years and I can't bear the thought of losing her.

stumppy
08-04-2009, 10:26 AM
We are talking about that, just feels so calous to do so so quickly.. But its not fair to chili who depended on Frito for a playmate each day.

I started looking for an Aussie or Boarder this am... Just feels so wrong. I know we are not replacing Frito's. She cant be replaced, but we need some healing for the Kids, Wife, Chili and hell myself. I am 36 years old and at moments still sob like a baby.

Don't feel bad at all about looking for another playmate for chili. You're not replacing Frito, you're just helping chili.

Reerun_KC
08-04-2009, 10:30 AM
Don't feel bad at all about looking for another playmate for chili. You're not replacing Frito, you're just helping chili.

Thanks Stumppy.. That is a great way to look at it....

Best Friends!

Mr. Plow
08-04-2009, 10:32 AM
Well the sun still shines the next day. Flag is at half mast on the pole in the front yard. Everyone is quiet this am... I had to go fly a studetnt his am... was pretty quiet, couldnt get Frito out of my mind. I wrote this as a text this am...

"Frito can never be replaces, she was special, sweet and most of all she taught this family the true meaning of Love."

I love that pic of him with his hind legs in the air. Gave me a little chuckle.

Very sorry to hear about you losing him. Dogs hold a special place in your heart. Seems like a lot of people are losing dogs recently, myself included.

Keep your head up.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-04-2009, 10:49 AM
Sorry bro, hope the family mood picks up soon.

bogey
08-04-2009, 10:51 AM
Very sorry. RIP Frito.

MOhillbilly
08-04-2009, 11:00 AM

introduce the new dog into the family slowly.

tooge
08-04-2009, 11:10 AM
I had to put my lab down in Feb. It absolutely killed me. I wasn't gonna get another dog for a long time. I lasted about 3 weeks. It was the best thing we could have done. The kids took to the new pup immediately, and although you will never replace Frito, it gives you a new buddy to start a relationship with.

Titty Meat
08-04-2009, 11:52 AM

I know everyone grieves differently but when I was in your position a few weeks ago we got 2 cats after ours died. Yea it felt wrong at the time replacing our cat, he was the first cat I ever owned and to replace him so quickly didn't feel right but I gotta say getting those little guys helped the grieving process alot.

DJ's left nut
08-04-2009, 12:12 PM
Sorry to hear that man, tough deal.

Keep an eye on Chili for health reasons. They really can get themselves worked up and could even end up with bloat or some form of gastric torsion (literally twisting their stomach) from the stress. My in-laws had their 2nd Shar-Pei go within 3 days of the first and the vet thought the strain may have been the culprit.

It's not something where you have to rush out and grab a new one right away, Chili will adjust and be fine in due time, but in the short term I'd keep an eye out. Long-term I've always suggested 2 dogs, they're far too social for it to be fair to only have 1 IMO.

Big Chief Homer
08-04-2009, 12:38 PM
Sorry to hear about your friend Frito, we lost our kitten this morning. We had to rush her to the vet yesterday and they did what they could for her.When I found her she was only about 2 weeks old and we had bottle feed her.I havent told my kids yet.

I know what your going through.Hang in there.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-04-2009, 12:48 PM
Sorry to hear about your friend Frito, we lost our kitten this morning. We had to rush her to the vet yesterday and they did what they could for her.When I found her she was only about 2 weeks old and we had bottle feed her.I havent told my kids yet.

Sorry to hear it. That's a tough one, especially for the kids.

DeezNutz
08-04-2009, 01:16 PM

Yikes. That stinks.

Hang in there.

PhillyChiefFan
08-04-2009, 01:20 PM
damn, I'm really sorry.

Reerun_KC
08-04-2009, 03:51 PM
As the day goes on the pain weakens, We are putting up a memorial on her grave to remember her by, She deserves as much.

We have talked alot today as a family and about the good times we had with her. She sure brought alot of joy. We are looking up the breader to see if they have any as of now. We loved Fritos demeaner and her kindness.. We know we cant have her back or replace her, but we would love to have another little doggie as sweet as her! http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs182.snc1/6051_1221550978418_1218245585_30651355_5448645_n.jpg (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30651356&id=1218245585)

Simply Red
08-04-2009, 04:04 PM
sorry bud, go rescue another one.

Simply Red
08-04-2009, 04:05 PM
As the day goes on the pain weakens, We are putting up a memorial on her grave to remember her by, She deserves as much.

We have talked alot today as a family and about the good times we had with her. She sure brought alot of joy. We are looking up the breader to see if they have any as of now. We loved Fritos demeaner and her kindness.. We know we cant have her back or replace her, but we would love to have another little doggie as sweet as her! http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs182.snc1/6051_1221550978418_1218245585_30651355_5448645_n.jpg (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30651356&id=1218245585)

damn, cuttie. sry again

Titty Meat
08-04-2009, 04:27 PM

That dog is adorable good for you guys too. Maybe this isn't the right place to say this but piss on people who run over animals!

joesomebody
08-04-2009, 04:31 PM
I swore I'd never get another dog to replace Max, but my parents surprised me with one for Christmas '07 (about 2 months after Max's passing.) I was a little miffed about it at first, as you dog lover's know a dog isn't something to surprise someone with, as it is a huge decision to make.

Now I couldn't be happier about it and Otis is the best gift I have ever received. I lived alone in KC during Max's passing and was mad at the world and depressed without him. Now Otis goes everywhere with me and is just as good of a friend as Max. No a new dog can never replace your lost friend, but they in time become to be equally good companions and friends.

It sounds like you are already headed in that direction, which I strongly recommend, if not for Chili, for you and your family. Try to remember to be patient with the new pup, it is easy to forget how much work the initial year of a puppy is.

Reerun_KC
08-04-2009, 04:31 PM
damn, cuttie. sry again

She had one blue and one brown eye... She was a full blood Merl Aussie...

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs182.snc1/6051_1221551258425_1218245585_30651362_2665086_n.jpg (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30651363&id=1218245585)

Halfcan
08-04-2009, 04:32 PM
sorry to hear about it-best wishes

Titty Meat
08-04-2009, 04:32 PM
That takes alot of courage to post those pics Reerun. I still can't even look at pics of my old cat. That dog was beautiful though.

Old Dog
08-04-2009, 05:26 PM
http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs182.snc1/6051_1221550978418_1218245585_30651355_5448645_n.jpg (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30651356&id=1218245585)

Is that one saying, "Dang it Dad....GIMME THE FRICKIN' TREAT!!"?
Cute pic and again, condolences to the whole Reerun family.

Ceej
08-04-2009, 06:16 PM
Just curious, did the epilepsy cause his death? I'm still a little worried about him, though the vet says its common and pretty harmless. If they get serious she has medications for him.

We're not 100% positive, unfortunately. Our vet's guess was that it was cancer -- which may have been causing the seizures and not the epilepsy.

Oh, and ree-run. Australian shepherds are wonderful dogs. In my lifetime we've had 4. All amazing, unique dogs.

petegz28
08-04-2009, 06:28 PM
Sorry about your loss, reerun

boogblaster
08-04-2009, 07:08 PM
Sorry man .. I hate losing pets .. lost my rat-terrier last year .. got a neat littl boston bull-terrier now.. hes my baby.. but I'll always remember my ole Booger Boy ..

Al Czervik
08-04-2009, 07:37 PM
That absolutely Sucks Reerun...
My deepest sympathy to you and the family....

Reerun_KC
08-04-2009, 08:43 PM
That takes alot of courage to post those pics Reerun. I still can't even look at pics of my old cat. That dog was beautiful though.
Just trying to cope with the loss.... I held her in my arms as she passed... It was the hardest thing I have done to this day in my life. Looking at my wife and son while frito takes her last breath.... Helpless, just helpless!

Posting pictures and venting here is helping with the pain of losing a loved one.

Best Friends....

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs162.snc1/6051_1221552618459_1218245585_30651371_1426140_n.jpg (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30651372&id=1218245585)

Reerun_KC
08-04-2009, 08:48 PM
Guys, When we buried her last night was tough...

Tonight we formed and poured her a stone.

We wrote her name and dates on this planet. Also we also wrote on it..

We signed it for Chili "my best friend" and put her paw in it... (she wasnt happy about it)

F = Friend
R = Reliable

I = irreplaceable

T = Tough

O = Optimistic

Also signed it with the words "Gentle, Loved, Protect and Hugger!!!"

We signed it "The Rudds"

TrebMaxx
08-04-2009, 09:06 PM
My two girls want to let you know that all dogs go to heaven.

Reerun_KC
08-04-2009, 09:19 PM

thanks buddy, From the Rudds!

CosmicPal
08-04-2009, 09:27 PM

Good lord, I actually choked up when I read that.

I'm currently in the middle of reading "The Art of Racing in the Rain" by Garth Stein. It's a pretty funny and heartbreaking story narrated by a dog during his last day.

Probably not the book you want to be reading right now since you just lost your dog, but it is a very interesting read.

RedThat
08-04-2009, 09:30 PM
Sorry to hear that...God Bless his soul

Reerun_KC
08-04-2009, 10:52 PM
We just wanted to say thanks for all the nice words that were spoken to us concerning Frito and our family... My family appreciates it, they all read the thread and are thankful.

Thanks to everyone...

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-04-2009, 10:54 PM
You are very welcome. :toast:

Boyceofsummer
08-04-2009, 11:04 PM
http://www.ksallink.com/?cmd=displaystory&story_id=10032&format=html

Lawrence Humane Society Offers Half-Price Pets....................

We can bond over an addition to our canine family.

Reerun_KC
08-05-2009, 03:10 PM
What you guys think of this little doggie? We picked her up from craigslist today. She was the last of her litter of 8. She is a full blooded border collie. We found her on craigslist last night and the kids just fell in love with her. We went out to see her today and brought her home. We are still mourning the loss of Frito... She cant ever be replaced. Frito would of just loved this little doggie.

Chili really likes her, but Cheetos (new doggies name) isnt taking a very big liking to Chili yet. I am sure that will all change in time. We will let them grow to love each other just like Frito and Chili loved each other.

This little doggie has a great temperment and seems very lovable. She is sad and scared, but growing to like us more and more. With in a week she will be going crazy and wearing us out.

WE have decided that we will get another aussie Merle when we can find one. We know we can't replace the Frito, but we love that line of doggies and their unconditional love they have for you. We are looking for a certian kind and right now not many people have puppies forsale. Especially ones that are reasonablely priced. We have a budget we have to adhere to....

Well tell me what you think of the addition. I know it was soon, but we needed to heal and Chili needed hope.

Demonpenz
08-05-2009, 03:15 PM
sometimes dogs don't ever like each other it seems.

CosmicPal
08-05-2009, 03:15 PM
Well tell me what you think of the addition. I know it was soon, but we needed to heal and Chili needed hope.

Damn...that was quick.

I'd personally need some more healing time, but that's just me. If you're looking for a third dog, I'd go for an Australian Cattle dog like the one I have. :D They are a load of fun and energy, very smart, easy to train, and simply great pets for families who have children and dogs already.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-05-2009, 03:17 PM
She's a cutie. I hope everything works out for you and your family.

The Franchise
08-05-2009, 03:19 PM
That's a cute dog. Good luck with her.

The Franchise
08-05-2009, 03:51 PM
This isn't the same type of dog is it?

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/pet/1307673014.html

Reerun_KC
08-05-2009, 04:15 PM
This isn't the same type of dog is it?

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/pet/1307673014.html

That is an Aussie Shepherd, ours is a Border Collie...

Close...

I wish that one was close to OKC, I would go pick it up now... That is the perfect little doggie.

The Franchise
08-05-2009, 04:17 PM
That is an Aussie Shepherd, ours is a Border Collie...

Close...

I wish that one was close to OKC, I would go pick it up now... That is the perfect little doggie.

I wonder how much it would be to ship it.

The Franchise
08-05-2009, 04:23 PM
You could always take a little vacation out to California and pick it up....

Just Passin' By
08-05-2009, 04:35 PM
I wonder how much it would be to ship it.

Border Collies are great dogs, but they are very active and you need to make sure that they get lots of exercise.

Old Dog
08-05-2009, 04:39 PM
Guys, When we buried her last night was tough...

Tonight we formed and poured her a stone.

We wrote her name and dates on this planet. Also we also wrote on it..

We signed it for Chili "my best friend" and put her paw in it... (she wasnt happy about it)

F = Friend
R = Reliable

I = irreplaceable

T = Tough

O = Optimistic

Also signed it with the words "Gentle, Loved, Protect and Hugger!!!"

We signed it "The Rudds"

I didn't know Frito and I don't know you other than on here, but that made my eyes get all foggy.

The Franchise
08-05-2009, 05:01 PM
Apparently there are a couple of Australian Shepherds around here.....

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/pet/1307907897.html

Boyceofsummer
08-05-2009, 05:14 PM
What you guys think of this little doggie? We picked her up from craigslist today. She was the last of her litter of 8. She is a full blooded border collie. We found her on craigslist last night and the kids just fell in love with her. We went out to see her today and brought her home. We are still mourning the loss of Frito... She cant ever be replaced. Frito would of just loved this little doggie.

Chili really likes her, but Cheetos (new doggies name) isnt taking a very big liking to Chili yet. I am sure that will all change in time. We will let them grow to love each other just like Frito and Chili loved each other.

This little doggie has a great temperment and seems very lovable. She is sad and scared, but growing to like us more and more. With in a week she will be going crazy and wearing us out.

WE have decided that we will get another aussie Merle when we can find one. We know we can't replace the Frito, but we love that line of doggies and their unconditional love they have for you. We are looking for a certian kind and right now not many people have puppies forsale. Especially ones that are reasonablely priced. We have a budget we have to adhere to....

And good for Cheetos! It's great that you invest so much energy and commitment to such a beautiful spirit. Dogs are so forgiving. RIP Frito.............

DeezNutz
08-05-2009, 05:39 PM
Good looking pup. Hope she makes a great addition to the family.

MahiMike
08-05-2009, 07:58 PM
Man, sorry to hear that. I had an Australian Shepherd dog once. Smartest dog I ever had. Very lucky to end up on a farm where she herded cattle and rode atop the straw truck.

Cute name Frito too.

Mr. Flopnuts
08-05-2009, 10:39 PM
So when you get the Aussie are you going to name it Dorito?

DaneMcCloud
08-05-2009, 10:49 PM

Dorito's good but I'd go for Mojito.

"Where the hell is my Mojito?"

Congrats, Reerun.

Reerun_KC
08-05-2009, 10:59 PM

ROFL

Funny you say that, but yes, This one was almost Dorito, but we chose Cheeto instead....

There is a 99% chance of that happening....

Reerun_KC
08-05-2009, 11:02 PM
Dorito's good but I'd go for Mojito.

"Where the hell is my Mojito?"

Congrats, Reerun.

Thanks Buddy. It was a hard day today, especially for me... For some reason that scene of me carrying my buddy in to the hospital as she took her last breath is haunting me. I can thank of all the good times, then I flash back to the last few minutes...

I wish the pain would go away.....

They new puppy is great, sweet and cuddlely. She is not Frito, but she is a step in the right direction. We are going to go look at some Aussies tomorrow night. Yeah we are going from 2 to 3, but hey, just feel the need to surround ourselves with these guys... I cant help it...

Thanks for your support...

DaneMcCloud
08-05-2009, 11:04 PM
Thanks Buddy. It was a hard day today, especially for me... For some reason that scene of me carrying my buddy in to the hospital as she took her last breath is haunting me. I can thank of all the good times, then I flash back to the last few minutes...

I wish the pain would go away.....

They new puppy is great, sweet and cuddlely. She is not Frito, but she is a step in the right direction. We are going to go look at some Aussies tomorrow night. Yeah we are going from 2 to 3, but hey, just feel the need to surround ourselves with these guys... I cant help it...

Thanks for your support...

Hang in there, Bro.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-06-2009, 12:11 AM
We loves the pups around these parts.

Reerun_KC
08-11-2009, 09:08 PM
Okay a little update to the Rudd family doggie situation. The little border collie we brought home a couple of days ago, just didnt work out. For some reason she had a very nasty temperament. She bit my son when he was trying to get her out from under a chair. She bit Chili all the time, never really took a liking to Chili. So she always was nipping at Chili... Then when I was giving her a bath the other night, she bit be twice...

So the next morning, I called the owners and we took her back out to the farm. Money was returned and we parted ways... I felt really bad, but I have alot of young neices and nephews. I cant have a doggie that will snap at people...

Well we went back out on the hunt looking for a little doggie and we came across this sweet heart. She is a blue merle aussie with blue eyes...

Enjoy the pictures, her name is Oreo. She is so sweet and crazy!
http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs162.snc1/6051_1226875551529_1218245585_30668242_6222717_n.jpg (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30668243&id=1218245585)
http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs182.snc1/6051_1226875431526_1218245585_30668239_5239947_n.jpg (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30668240&id=1218245585)
http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs162.snc1/6051_1226875271522_1218245585_30668235_912902_n.jpg (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30668236&id=1218245585)

Titty Meat
08-11-2009, 09:20 PM
Okay a little update to the Rudd family doggie situation. The little border collie we brought home a couple of days ago, just didnt work out. For some reason she had a very nasty temperament. She bit my son when he was trying to get her out from under a chair. She bit Chili all the time, never really took a liking to Chili. So she always was nipping at Chili... Then when I was giving her a bath the other night, she bit be twice...

So the next morning, I called the owners and we took her back out to the farm. Money was returned and we parted ways... I felt really bad, but I have alot of young neices and nephews. I cant have a doggie that will snap at people...

Well we went back out on the hunt looking for a little doggie and we came across this sweet heart. She is a blue merle aussie with blue eyes...

Enjoy the pictures, her name is Oreo. She is so sweet and crazy!
http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs162.snc1/6051_1226875551529_1218245585_30668242_6222717_n.jpg (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30668243&id=1218245585)
http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs182.snc1/6051_1226875431526_1218245585_30668239_5239947_n.jpg (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30668240&id=1218245585)
http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs162.snc1/6051_1226875271522_1218245585_30668235_912902_n.jpg (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30668236&id=1218245585)

That dog is adorable. So did getting a puppy help the grieving process? I know when we got our little kittens it really helped.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-11-2009, 09:32 PM
That's awesome, man. Good job.

babygirl21
08-11-2009, 09:34 PM
Tonight we lost our Frito (Aussie Sheppard). She was hit by a car, we tried to make it to the hospital, but she was too hurt inside. Frito was a dog that loved nothing more than to be loved. She was sweet and sensative. All she wanted to do was hug you and cuddle up to you to be petted. She will be missed, she touched alot of lives with her goofy antics. Frito was not only our little doggie, but our friend! RIP Frito, we loved you like no other and you will be missed!

im so sorry...i know what its like to lose a pet after having them a long time...i lost my dog that i had had for many years to antifreeze poisoning...so im very sorry...

Buehler445
08-11-2009, 09:35 PM
Sucks your first dog didn't work out.

Here's to hoping oreo rocks the hizzy.

Reerun_KC
08-11-2009, 10:04 PM
Sucks your first dog didn't work out.

Here's to hoping oreo rocks the hizzy.

She's alot like Frito, she will be a great doggie and hopefully will be with us for along time... I cant wait to take her out to Buehler Farms for a weekend... Should be something to watch her and the kitties... LMAO

StcChief
08-11-2009, 10:04 PM
sorry to hear this. . RIP Frito.

Reerun_KC
08-11-2009, 10:05 PM
sorry to hear this. . RIP Frito.

Thanks, Tonight was the 1 week since the day... It was a rough evening watching the clock...

Buehler445
08-11-2009, 11:14 PM
She's alot like Frito, she will be a great doggie and hopefully will be with us for along time... I cant wait to take her out to Buehler Farms for a weekend... Should be something to watch her and the kitties... LMAO

You best wait until she gets a little bigger.

Take her over to dad's shop and let her tangle with the fucking panther he has hanging around there. I could be packing heat and that cat might still eat my lunch.

Reerun_KC
08-12-2009, 11:36 AM
You best wait until she gets a little bigger.

Take her over to dad's shop and let her tangle with the ****ing panther he has hanging around there. I could be packing heat and that cat might still eat my lunch.

Chili knows all about that little bad ass all to well... Your dad warned Chili, but kittie took matters into her own paws... Chili got pwned...

Yeah we will wait for a bit... Those are some bad kitties out there...

Buehler445
08-12-2009, 11:45 AM
Chili knows all about that little bad ass all to well... Your dad warned Chili, but kittie took matters into her own paws... Chili got pwned...

Yeah we will wait for a bit... Those are some bad kitties out there...

Heh. I didn't know Chili had an interaction with that cat.

That is a BAMF cat. The thing is I think dad actually likes it. He used to be heartless with the cats and not give two shits if one died, but I think he likes this one. It's the first one that has ever been over there. I thought he had a lifetime ban on cats over there. I think he might actually be sad when this one dies.

Old man's getting soft in his old age :shake:
Posted via Mobile Device