PDA

View Full Version : Home and Auto NFT: Childcare

cookster50
08-04-2009, 01:23 PM
Well, I am on the lookout for a new childcare provider. Our current one will be unavailable this year. So, I am turning over every leaf I can to try to find someone somewhat trustworthy. Therefore, I call upon the might of the Chiefsplanet community. Anyone have any recommendations for me? I'm in Independence, but Blue Springs is a possibility, as is north Raytown. Liberty would probably be too far north.... PM me please.

Mr. Plow
08-04-2009, 01:24 PM
I'll let you watch my kids for less money than I pay now if that helps you at all.

cookster50
08-04-2009, 01:25 PM
I'll let you watch my kids for less money than I pay now if that helps you at all.

Thanks, it doesn't. ;)

kepp
08-04-2009, 02:06 PM
Well, I am on the lookout for a new childcare provider. Our current one will be unavailable this year. So, I am turning over every leaf I can to try to find someone somewhat trustworthy. Therefore, I call upon the might of the Chiefsplanet community. Anyone have any recommendations for me? I'm in Independence, but Blue Springs is a possibility, as is north Raytown. Liberty would probably be too far north.... PM me please.

"Somewhat" trustworthy?

Scorp
08-04-2009, 02:07 PM
This is the stupidist thread I have ever seen.

EVER!

Saulbadguy
08-04-2009, 02:07 PM
Cue up the "you are a bad parent for putting your child in child care" crowd in 3..2...1....

Mr. Plow
08-04-2009, 02:10 PM
Cue up the "you are a bad parent for putting your child in child care" crowd in 3..2...1....

I've been waiting for them as well.

cookster50
08-04-2009, 02:10 PM
"Somewhat" trustworthy?

Well, I wouldn't know the person, so I would be going on the assumption that the recommender from here would think the person is trustworthy, therefore, to me, only somewhat trustworthy, get it? ;)

Skip Towne
08-04-2009, 02:14 PM
Don't you have daycare centers where you can dump off the brats?

Pioli Zombie
08-05-2009, 04:46 AM
This is brilliant. I know the first place I'd go if I was looking for a safe, trustworthy, reliable person to care for my child would be an anonymous message board on the internet
Posted via Mobile Device

Pioli Zombie
08-05-2009, 04:49 AM
Well, I wouldn't know the person, so I would be going on the assumption that the recommender from here would think the person is trustworthy, therefore, to me, only somewhat trustworthy, get it? ;)
Yeah, cuz "somewhat trustworthy" recommended from someone you "know" from the internet is good enough for your child.

And people wonder how kids end up on milk cartons
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Plow
08-05-2009, 07:45 AM
I'm sure he was just going to take what some random internet guy said and go with it. No checking them out. No checking out the daycare. He was just going to show up one day, leave his kids with someone he doesn't know anything about, and hope for the best.

Fat Elvis
08-05-2009, 08:13 AM
Why not use an Early Learning Center or something like that? Your child gets socialization skills, and ideally some learning in the process. Look into your local YMCA or YWCA or a local church that has a school; a lot of the catholic parishes have something akin to early learning centers. Montesorri (sp) is also an option if the kid(s) is old enough.