PDA

View Full Version : Misc Hypothetical Question:You have won a Prize

ChiefJustice
08-05-2009, 04:29 AM
You have won a prize. The prize has two options, and you can choose either (but not both).

The first option is a year in Europe with a monthly stipend of $2,000.This is your job...you cannot hold another job during this year.There will be no contact with family or friends.

The second option is ten minutes on the moon.Your mission will be highly classified.There is a 60/40 chance that something may go horribly wrong while you are there.If you do happen to make it back to earth alive...people will never believe and the government will always deny,that you went to the moon.You will receive no salary for this.

Which option do you select and why?

Pioli Zombie
08-05-2009, 04:32 AM
Who gives a shit. I just woke up
Posted via Mobile Device

ziggysocki
08-05-2009, 04:35 AM
First scenario no doubt; Pros: Free money. No family. No job. European women. Cons: ?

Moon; Who gives a shit.

Abba-Dabba
08-05-2009, 04:36 AM
Europe. But I don't think I could make it on 2K a week. That's assuming we are talking U.S. Dollars here. 2K U.S. is only about 1400 Euro at the present moment.

I'm looking for about 175K U.S. annually. Just barely over 100K would be kinda tough.

ChiefJustice
08-05-2009, 04:40 AM
Europe. But I don't think I could make it on 2K a week. That's assuming we are talking U.S. Dollars here. 2K U.S. is only about 1400 Euro at the present moment.

I'm looking for about 175K U.S. annually. Just barely over 100K would be kinda tough.

Let's call it Euros

You only get 24k of them for the entire year.

08-05-2009, 04:45 AM
What the hell prompted this question?

Abba-Dabba
08-05-2009, 04:49 AM
Let's call it Euros

You only get 24k of them for the entire year.

That's not a prize.

Pioli Zombie
08-05-2009, 04:51 AM

He had a Nazi dream
Posted via Mobile Device

ChiefJustice
08-05-2009, 04:52 AM

Just Stumbled this:

http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/odd-hypothetical-questions

I wanted to see see what the Planet thought.

Pioli Zombie
08-05-2009, 04:55 AM
How about this?

You get a date that your friends say its a "sure thing" but its badgirl

Or you win a trip to California but you have to spend every minute with Aunt Edna from "Vacation"
Posted via Mobile Device

ChiefJustice
08-05-2009, 04:58 AM
How about this?

You get a date that your friends say its a "sure thing" but its badgirl

Or you win a trip to California but you have to spend every minute with Aunt Edna from "Vacation"
Posted via Mobile Device

California

I tie Edna to the roof and drop her off at Dane's back door before heading over to the Lohan party!

Pioli Zombie
08-05-2009, 05:01 AM
Claythan would be posting about how this "old chick keeps showing me her boobies"
Posted via Mobile Device

LaChapelle
08-05-2009, 05:18 AM
Chiefsplanet, drinking and mental retardation. Which leads to which?

EyePod
08-05-2009, 05:59 AM
But what if there's an airplane on a treadmill on the moon... would it take off?

Bwana
08-05-2009, 06:09 AM
I wouldn't call either one of those choices a "prize."

ChiefJustice
08-05-2009, 06:21 AM
But what if there's an airplane on a treadmill on the moon... would it take off?

That is just silly.

Airplanes and treadmills have been sworn bitter enemies since the 12th century.

I think i read that somewhere.

joesomebody
08-05-2009, 07:42 AM
No chance in hell I'm ever going to outer space unless it is my last option for survival (mine or a family members.) I hate the entire idea of being out there in that huge void with no assurances I'd make it home. I don't even like the open sea when I can't see land.

As for 2k a month in Europe, I think I could make it as long as it were Euros and they have happy hours like they do in the states.

TGI Friday's in Tokyo had a happy hour, best priced drinks I found anywhere in Japan.

Rausch
08-05-2009, 07:45 AM
You have won a prize. The prize has two options, and you can choose either (but not both).

The first option is a year in Europe with a monthly stipend of $2,000.This is your job...you cannot hold another job during this year.There will be no contact with family or friends.

The second option is ten minutes on the moon.Your mission will be highly classified.There is a 60/40 chance that something may go horribly wrong while you are there.If you do happen to make it back to earth alive...people will never believe and the government will always deny,that you went to the moon.You will receive no salary for this.

Which option do you select and why?

How much does going to the moon pay in this economy?...

ChiefJustice
08-05-2009, 08:12 AM
How much does going to the moon pay in this economy?...

Well...you could write a book about your trip (at your own risk) that might
make you some decent scratch.

Although,this just adds to your "crackpot" persona.

Iowanian
08-05-2009, 08:24 AM
You've got to stop smoking pot so early in the morning....

Otter
08-05-2009, 09:04 AM
Let's see, 10 minutes in a sub zero vacuum where or a year in Europe.

Gonna have to think about this one.

Rain Man
08-05-2009, 09:26 AM
So...enjoy traveling through Europe and get paid for it, or probably die alone in deep space? Those are my two choices?

Iowanian
08-05-2009, 09:31 AM
If I chose the moon, people would know I was there.....I'd be the first man to ejaculate on the moon. If I only have a short time, I'm going to want to make the most out of it.

At zero gravity, people on earth would think Haley's comet was early.

Dayze
08-05-2009, 09:45 AM
Option 1. Due to Salary and travel etc.

not Option 2 because we all know going to the moon is impossible/never happened (Cross-thread + 2 pts) :D

plus, i wouldn't do option to as I would never do anything (going forward) to help the Government.

Otter
08-05-2009, 09:53 AM
If I chose the moon, people would know I was there.....I'd be the first man to ejaculate on the moon. If I only have a short time, I'm going to want to make the most out of it.

At zero gravity, people on earth would think Haley's comet was early.

You're going to have to have some kind of pocket pussy integrated into the suit for that to happen. The second you break the seal to whip it out your blood would begin to boil and your face would blow up from blood pressure.

It would probably freeze almost immediately as well. Not just cold but useless popsickle freeze.

Molitoth
08-05-2009, 09:55 AM
Moon

Crush
08-05-2009, 10:08 AM
So...enjoy traveling through Europe and get paid for it, or probably die alone in deep space? Those are my two choices?

It is a tough decision, no doubt.