PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Your thoughts on Eugene Parker - Tyson Jackson Situation?

Molitoth
08-06-2009, 10:02 AM
On Wednesday, Dandy said he and the rest of the Maximum Sports crew were working on Jackson's contract with the Chiefs. They're pushing for a contract similar to the six year, $72 million blockbuster deal Matt Ryan signed with the Falcons in the third slot last year according to Eric Boynton of the Spartanburg Herald-Journal.

How do you see it?

Mr. Arrowhead
08-06-2009, 10:04 AM
thats BS, its a big difference between being drafted as a QB and DE

RealSNR
08-06-2009, 10:04 AM
TJack can suck it if he wants that much money.

KCUnited
08-06-2009, 10:06 AM
Right now Jackson is slotted between an LT at 2 that got paid well and a QB at #5 with a number QB at 3 from 2008 as a precedent. As much as I want him in camp, I understand the Chiefs thought process on wanting to wait for Curry to sign at 4 to give them more leverage.

rockymtnchief
08-06-2009, 10:07 AM
thats BS, its a big difference between being drafted as a QB and DE

That's my thoughts also.

Damn agents are ruining it for everyone.:cuss:

58kcfan89
08-06-2009, 10:07 AM
Christ, you have got to be kidding me. I think I'd rather have him hold out all of training camp & sign for a reasonable amount than pay him that much & get him in camp today.

That being said, if he has the same impact Ryan did (he won't), I'm all for it.

If nothing else, this proves that we need a rookie cap yesterday.

Rasputin
08-06-2009, 10:08 AM
:BS:

Molitoth
08-06-2009, 10:08 AM
Keep in mind this is the same Agent "Parker" that is representing Crabtree, trying to get #3 money.

Crabtree's image is already getting trashed by the 49er's fanbase.

Frazod
08-06-2009, 10:09 AM
God I hated this pick. We should have drafted Sanchez and then traded him to the highest desperate bidder. We're going to have to pay this guy a fucking fortune and there's no way around it. :banghead:

The Franchise
08-06-2009, 10:10 AM
You want the same contract as Ryan? Then get your fat ass behind center and play QB for us.

Micjones
08-06-2009, 10:12 AM
He's shooting for the moon.
No way he'll get a Ryan-esque contract, but that's a great place to start.

Molitoth
08-06-2009, 10:12 AM
God I hated this pick

+1

We Reach huge (rumored for signability) and it's coming to bite us in the ass.

Rasputin
08-06-2009, 10:13 AM
Damnet Carl :cuss:

Demonpenz
08-06-2009, 10:14 AM
if you don't want to pay him #3 money, don't take him #3

MOhillbilly
08-06-2009, 10:15 AM
Rookie cap all the way.

Sure-Oz
08-06-2009, 10:20 AM
Their just waiting to see what Curry gets and vice versa

that is too damn high he's not a QB

LaChapelle
08-06-2009, 10:21 AM
Source: Parker tells Niners that Crabtree will re-enter draft

Posted by Mike Florio on August 6, 2009 11:52 AM ET
The situation in San Francisco between the 49ers and receiver Michael Crabtree is quickly going from bad to worse.

Per a league source, agent Eugene Parker is telling the 49ers that Crabtree will sit out the season re-enter the draft in 2010, unless the team gives Crabtree what he wants.

Of course, what Crabtree specifically wants isn't known, since Parker (as multiple sources tell us) still hasn't made a proposal.

There's also a growing chorus of league insiders who are speaking out against the widely-believed effort by Parker to blow up the slotting process with Crabtree. Teams obviously would contend that the unwritten rules of draft-pick negotiation ritual should be honored; however, some of the agents who arguably would benefit from the introduction of chaos privately have described efforts to blow the curve as "inappropriate" and "unacceptable" and "wrong."

And if Crabtree opts to re-enter the draft next year, the current thinking is that he wouldn't be the first receiver drafted. For now, the guy who is regarded as likely to be the first wideout (and possibly the first overall pick) is Illinois junior Arrelious Benn.

Then again, if Crabtree is picked any higher than No. 10 after having a chance to engage in pre-draft workouts, he'd likely end up with more money than the slotting process currently would pay.

After, of course, waiting a year to get it.

MMXcalibur
08-06-2009, 10:22 AM
It doesn't matter now. Wait him out. He's already missed a good bit of training camp, so fuck it....just wait until he signs a contract Pioli is comfortable with. Yeah, it hasn't been a lot of training camp he's missed, but I fear it's just enough where he's sure to have "nagging injuries" that will keep him from being productive for most of the season. If not that, he's going to be trying to pick up formations and plays on the go and that won't fly in the pros.

Fuck this 1st round rookie contract bullshit.

beach tribe
08-06-2009, 10:22 AM
I say wait for Curry to sign, and Curry's agent is probably waiting for Jackson to sign.

LTL
08-06-2009, 10:23 AM
Keep in mind this is the same Agent "Parker" that is representing Crabtree, trying to get #3 money.

Crabtree's image is already getting trashed by the 49er's fanbase.

Word has it now that Crabtree is going to sit out this season and re enter the draft at the advisment of his agent.

At that point, I think I would tell my agent to fuck off. Either way, I get the feeling that he is going to try and strong arm us on Jackson and this could end up being lengthy.

BigMeatballDave
08-06-2009, 10:23 AM
BS

Brock
08-06-2009, 10:24 AM
Source: Parker tells Niners that Crabtree will re-enter draft.

:rolleyes: Yeah, right.

LTL
08-06-2009, 10:25 AM

The situation in San Francisco between the 49ers and receiver Michael Crabtree is quickly going from bad to worse.

Per a league source, agent Eugene Parker is telling the 49ers that Crabtree will sit out the season re-enter the draft in 2010, unless the team gives Crabtree what he wants.

Of course, what Crabtree specifically wants isn't known, since Parker (as multiple sources tell us) still hasn't made a proposal.

There's also a growing chorus of league insiders who are speaking out against the widely-believed effort by Parker to blow up the slotting process with Crabtree. Teams obviously would contend that the unwritten rules of draft-pick negotiation ritual should be honored; however, some of the agents who arguably would benefit from the introduction of chaos privately have described efforts to blow the curve as "inappropriate" and "unacceptable" and "wrong."

And if Crabtree opts to re-enter the draft next year, the current thinking is that he wouldn't be the first receiver drafted. For now, the guy who is regarded as likely to be the first wideout (and possibly the first overall pick) is Illinois junior Arrelious Benn.

Then again, if Crabtree is picked any higher than No. 10 after having a chance to engage in pre-draft workouts, he'd likely end up with more money than the slotting process currently would pay.

Be funny if he ended up not even going in the first round.

BigChiefFan
08-06-2009, 10:26 AM
This is pure greed. I almost hope we tell 'em to get fucked.

MOhillbilly
08-06-2009, 10:28 AM
pfft no friggin way cradtree sits out. The 9ers FO must of had a good laugh about that one. please.

Molitoth
08-06-2009, 10:32 AM
Why would any team owner in the their right mind want to sign Crabtree NEXT year? This just shows that Crabtree is all about the money, not about the game.

Personally I hope Crabtree doesn't get a contract, re-enters next year and goes in like the second or third round.

Shit the dumbass didn't even workout, and already had a major foot injury.

It really sucks that Jackson is using Parker.

Mr. Flopnuts
08-06-2009, 10:33 AM
I would let his ass sit for an entire year before I paid him that kind of scratch. Player salaries and ticket prices go hand in hand. Draw a line and refuse to pay top qb of last years draft money.

Demonpenz
08-06-2009, 10:33 AM
crabtree=rashan woods

ModSocks
08-06-2009, 10:34 AM
Be funny if he ended up not even going in the first round.

I hope he at least falls out of the top ten. I wanted him, but now im sure glad we didnt draft him. What a bitch. Football is not his priority. Getting paid before everyone finds out that he is all hype, is.

And who would want to draft him early after this fiasco? Especially after being a full year removed from football?

Micjones
08-06-2009, 10:35 AM

Knock yourself out dumbass and risk making a third of what a Top 10 draftpick's contract would command.
You'll show 'em!!!

Brock
08-06-2009, 10:40 AM
Every year there's some dumbass who has to flex his muscles, and every year they turn out to be a below par rookie.

Chiefnj2
08-06-2009, 10:43 AM
Split the difference between #2 and #5 and make an offer 10% over the split. Tell him that this is the offer that is on the table for the next 48 hours. The guaranteed money will decrease 50k a day thereafter exponentially (50k day 1, 100k day 2, 200k day 3, etc) until it reaches the same amount as the #4 pick last year. If you don't sign enjoy being picked late first round at best next year.

KCUnited
08-06-2009, 10:44 AM
FWIW, Nick Wright who is in daily contact with Parker stated this morning that he believes its a difference in 65 to 69 million and a difference between 25 to 29 million guaranteed. Again, FWIW.

LaChapelle
08-06-2009, 10:44 AM
Jackson has Bowe and Dorsey to get advice from. I assume there is no problem with them talking.

Tribal Warfare
08-06-2009, 10:47 AM
Ryan busted the slotting bracket last year, and I'm pretty sure KC won't allow a non- sack artist geet that type of money too.

Just Passin' By
08-06-2009, 10:47 AM
FWIW, Nick Wright who is in daily contact with Parker stated this morning that he believes its a difference in 65 to 69 million and a difference between 25 to 29 million guaranteed. Again, FWIW.

I think Parker should hold Crabtree out over $4 million, absolutely. Then he can explain to Crabtree how making that extra $4 million over the life of the contract will make up for not making a dime this year.

Chiefnj2
08-06-2009, 10:48 AM
Jackson has Bowe and Dorsey to get advice from. I assume there is no problem with them talking.

Bowe and Dorsey were both signed at this point.

Dorsey's advice: If you have a shin injury that you hid during the exams, get as much money as you can or your ass will be flipping burgers next to me in 2 years.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-06-2009, 10:49 AM
God I hated this pick. We should have drafted Sanchez and then traded him to the highest desperate bidder. We're going to have to pay this guy a fucking fortune and there's no way around it. :banghead:

Our chances of doing that went right down the shitter when that false contract for Cassel was leaked/spread. If I were Pioli, I would seriously have that persons knee caps busted.

+1

http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv252/raisedonriots/JACKSONREACH.jpg

Frazod
08-06-2009, 10:59 AM
Our chances of doing that went right down the shitter when that false contract for Cassel was leaked/spread. If I were Pioli, I would seriously have that persons knee caps busted.

Not at all. We could have done the same thing San Diego did with Eli Manning - draft him and wait for the offer(s) to come in. Somebody would have stepped up to the plate.

Just Passin' By
08-06-2009, 11:02 AM
Not at all. We could have done the same thing San Diego did with Eli Manning - draft him and wait for the offer(s) to come in. Somebody would have stepped up to the plate.

Given how little that #5 pick yielded in trade, you're probably just a victim of wishful thinking. Furthermore, holding onto the player means sacrificing the player you actually want unless you get a deal done before that player is chosen.

Kyle DeLexus
08-06-2009, 11:05 AM
I've said it before and we should be paying Chris Long money not Ryan. Long went at #2 and plays DE. You can't try and get QB money at another position.

<table width="100%"><tbody><tr class="rowAlt" onmouseout="this.className='rowAlt'" onmouseover="this.className='over'"><td class="fantasyPlayerRankNumber">2.</td> <td class="textLeftPad10px">Chris Long (http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/chris-long?id=276)</td> <td class="textLeftPad10px">DE</td> <td class="textLeftPad10px">St. Louis</td> <td class="textLeftPad10px">Signed</td> <td class="textLeftPad10px">6 years, $56.5 million ($29M guaranteed)</td></tr></tbody></table>

Frazod
08-06-2009, 11:08 AM
Given how little that #5 pick yielded in trade, you're probably just a victim of wishful thinking. Furthermore, holding onto the player means sacrificing the player you actually want unless you get a deal done before that player is chosen.

We really didn't have a player we wanted. And even if we'd given too much, we wouldn't have ended up getting fucked paying #3 money for a non-#3 rookie.

But it's silly to argue over it now. What's done is done. But I sure wish we'd moved down and signed Maclin instead of waiting for... who? Fuck, I had to scroll down because I couldn't even remember his name. Jackson. Right, that's it. Whatever.

:cuss:

CoMoChief
08-06-2009, 11:20 AM
crabtree=rashan woods

how?

Just Passin' By
08-06-2009, 11:23 AM
We really didn't have a player we wanted. And even if we'd given too much, we wouldn't have ended up getting ****ed paying #3 money for a non-#3 rookie.

But it's silly to argue over it now. What's done is done. But I sure wish we'd moved down and signed Maclin instead of waiting for... who? ****, I had to scroll down because I couldn't even remember his name. Jackson. Right, that's it. Whatever.

:cuss:

I agree that it's silly to argue the specifics, but you keep making assumptions that I just can't buy. It was well rumored that Jackson was the man the Chiefs wanted. It was reported that the Chiefs tried to trade down and couldn't find a willing partner. Also, had this team signed a wide receiver with its debut first round pick of the Pioli era, the bitching in this place would still be at record decibels, and rightly so. Drafting a wideout in round one this season would have been absolute folly in terms of the way the Patriots draft, and that's where Pioli is coming from.

BigChiefFan
08-06-2009, 11:26 AM
Hey Tyson, don't forget, your agent works for you. Time for training camp, rook.

RustShack
08-06-2009, 11:29 AM
+1

He was about as big of a reach as Richard Seymour at the time when he was drafted.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-06-2009, 11:32 AM

Leaving Cassel unsigned and the league guessing was our only leverage in that kind of a trade-scenario.
Once they "knew" the deal was done with Cassel, they knew we weren't looking at a QB or to TRADE a QB.

Again:

Knee caps. Busted.:D

Pitt Gorilla
08-06-2009, 11:38 AM
Rookie salary schedule: see NBA.

DJ's left nut
08-06-2009, 12:04 PM
I think we shouldn't have drafted a MFing 3-4 DE with the #3 overall pick, where's that option? Just exactly what the hell did they think was going to happen? Now we'll be paying a role player 'franchise' money, yehaw.

Stupid pick. Absolutely, mind-numbingly, stupid pick.

Chiefnj2
08-06-2009, 12:04 PM

If that is true then KC is lowballing a bit. Sanchez at #5 got 28 mil guaranteed. You may say, "but he's a QB so he gets more." Last year McFadden at #4 received 26 guaranteed. You can't give him less than last year's number 4.

Kyle DeLexus
08-06-2009, 12:16 PM
If that is true then KC is lowballing a bit. Sanchez at #5 got 28 mil guaranteed. You may say, "but he's a QB so he gets more." Last year McFadden at #4 received 26 guaranteed. You can't give him less than last year's number 4.

Well the total contract will be $10 mill more than last years #2. Sounds like they are doing the we'll pay more but less guaranteed.

Mecca
08-06-2009, 12:26 PM
It's Eugene Parker dude, he had Peters holding out last year after he signed a new deal 3 years prior...

He always goes for the absolute most money he can and that's why players hire him.

Mecca
08-06-2009, 12:29 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eugene_E._Parker

Look at his client list.

penguinz
08-06-2009, 12:30 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eugene_E._Parker

Look at his client list.Almost everyone on there is all about getting paid.

Chiefnj2
08-06-2009, 12:42 PM
Well the total contract will be $10 mill more than last years #2. Sounds like they are doing the we'll pay more but less guaranteed.

Overall value means nothing since the last years are usually voidable and/or redone.

BigChiefFan
08-06-2009, 12:44 PM
Back in the day, he had some pretty good clients, now I'm not seeing much outside of Steven Jackson, Jason Peters and two rookies.

Mr. Flopnuts
08-06-2009, 12:44 PM
I think we shouldn't have drafted a MFing 3-4 DE with the #3 overall pick, where's that option? Just exactly what the hell did they think was going to happen? Now we'll be paying a role player 'franchise' money, yehaw.

Stupid pick. Absolutely, mind-numbingly, stupid pick.

You're not wrong. But there just wasn't shit in this draft that would've gotten us any value at all at the 3 spot. There were zero options outside of taking a 2nd franchise QB. It was a lose-lose the second they traded for Cassel.

Mecca
08-06-2009, 12:45 PM
This is what I'm going to say, you take a 3-4 DE 3rd overall...you take anyone 3rd overall they are gonna get paid now here comes the issue..

Some people thought he may take a little less going higher than expected etc...as soon as I found out his agent was Eugene Parker that had no chance of happening he has the agent that goes after the max, he choose that agent for a reason.

The Chiefs knew what agent he had when he picked him they should have prepared to pay him.

Mecca
08-06-2009, 12:45 PM
Back in the day, he had some pretty good clients, now I'm not seeing much outside of Steven Jackson, Jason Peters and two rookies.

Yea that Fitzgerald guy is a bum!

KCDC
08-06-2009, 12:47 PM
I wonder each draft why the GM doesn't call (when on the clock) the pick and say "we are thinking about drafting you or one other guy. If you promise not to ask for more than the #4 money from last year, we'll take you. Otherwise, you could slide several slots."

My bet is that 90% of the excited would-be picks would agree and insist on that with their agent. Done deal.

Mecca
08-06-2009, 12:50 PM
I wonder each draft why the GM doesn't call (when on the clock) the pick and say "we are thinking about drafting you or one other guy. If you promise not to ask for more than the #4 money from last year, we'll take you. Otherwise, you could slide several slots."

My bet is that 90% of the excited would-be picks would agree and insist on that with their agent. Done deal.

And Jackson would have probably said no, you choose Eugene Parker as an agent you are openly saying I want the absolute most money I can get to the last penny.

BigChiefFan
08-06-2009, 12:53 PM
Yea that Fitzgerald guy is a bum!Yea, Heaven forbid, somebody OVERLOOK LF, when he's listed amongst some retirees. I glanced over the fucking list and missed his name, but Jesus Christ how you draw the conclusion that somebody of sound mind would think he's a bum is a big fucking STRETCH.

Mecca
08-06-2009, 12:54 PM
Yea, Heaven forbid, somebody OVERLOOK LF, when he's listed amongst some retirees. I glanced over the fucking list and missed his name, but Jesus Christ how you draw the conclusion that somebody of sound mind would think he's a bum is a big fucking STRETCH.

Relax I was just giving you a hard time.

wild1
08-06-2009, 12:57 PM
color me 'not worried'

HemiEd
08-06-2009, 01:05 PM
if you don't want to pay him #3 money, don't take him #3

Pretty simple, yep. Not that he was worth it, but that is where they picked him. They should get this kid in camp as soon as possible.

BigChiefFan
08-06-2009, 01:06 PM
Relax I was just giving you a hard time.

Fair enough.