PDA

View Full Version : Royals Seattle Mariners @ Kansas City Royals Game Thread (8/6)

alnorth
08-06-2009, 04:33 PM
<table border=3 cellpadding = 4>
<tr>
<td>Final</td> <td> 1 </td> <td> 2 </td><td> 3 </td><td> 4 </td><td> 5 </td><td> 6 </td><td> 7 </td><td> 8 </td><td> 9 </td><td> R </td><td> H </td><td> E </td></tr>
<tr> <td> SEA (56-52) </td> <td> 0 </td> <td> 0 </td><td> 0 </td><td> 2 </td><td> 0 </td><td> 0 </td><td> 0 </td><td> 0 </td><td> 0 </td><td> 2 </td><td> 12 </td><td> 1 </td></tr>
<tr> <td> KC (42-66) </td> <td> 5 </td> <td> 0 </td><td> 0 </td><td> 0 </td><td> 3 </td><td> 0 </td><td> 0 </td><td> 0 </td><td> X </td><td> 8 </td><td> 9 </td><td> 0 </td></tr>
</table>

Mike Sweeney hits his 100th Home Run in Kauffman Stadium

http://l.yimg.com/a/i/us/sp/v/mlb/teams/20080123/80x60/sea.gif

Loss, (3-6) Jason Vargas 7IP 8R 7ER 3BB 0K 1HR
Chris Jakubauskas 1IP 0R 0ER 0BB 1K

VS.

http://l.yimg.com/a/i/us/sp/v/mlb/teams/20080123/80x60/kan.gif

Win, (1-6) Bruce Chen 6.2IP 2R 2ER 1BB 4K 1HR
Jamey Wright 1.1IP 0R 0ER 0BB 0K
Doug Waechter 1IP 0R 0ER 0BB 0K

Home Runs

SEA

Mike Sweeney, (4) - Top 4th solo homer to left

KC

Billy Butler, (13) - Bottom 1st 2-run homer to deep left

Starting Lineups

SEA

1. Ichiro Suzuki, RF
2. Russell Branyan, 1B
3. Jose Lopez, 2B
4. Mike Sweeney, DH
5. Adrian Beltre, 3B
6. Franklin Gutierrez, CF
7. Jack Wilson, SS
8. Rob Johnson, C
9. Michael Saunders, LF

KC

1. David DeJesus, LF
2. Willie Bloomquist, 2B
3. Billy Butler, DH
4. Brayan Pena, C
5. Alberto Callaspo, 3B
6. Mark Teahen, 1B
7. Mitch Maier, CF
8. Yuniesky Betancourt, SS
9. Josh Anderson, RF

Sure-Oz
08-06-2009, 05:12 PM
Trey's soundbite just said that cruz is going on the dl (its a bs DL stint imo) said that 'we want to get him ready for the stretch run"

What, guaranteeing 100 losses?

Sure-Oz
08-06-2009, 05:16 PM
So why is gordon on the bench tonight after a 3 hit and a HR game....great move trey, keep him in the lineup

Sure-Oz
08-06-2009, 05:23 PM
Josh Andersons debut and Pena at cleanup yes!!!

DeezNutz
08-06-2009, 05:25 PM
As if this season isn't bad enough, what's worse is that we're going into next year with essentially the same roster.

Oh, and Trey. And Dayton. And Glass.

Go Cards?

Sure-Oz
08-06-2009, 05:29 PM
As if this season isn't bad enough, what's worse is that we're going into next year with essentially the same roster.

Go Cards?

I bet the T-Bones could take the royals to the woodshed

SPchief
08-06-2009, 05:30 PM

Go Cards?

Isn't it kinda early to predict that we're going into next year with the same roster?

DeezNutz
08-06-2009, 05:33 PM
Isn't it kinda early to predict that we're going into next year with the same roster?

Nope.

Unless Dayton is spewing nothing but bullshit when he says that payroll is going to be the same as this year.

There aren't going to be major changes at around $70M. No one is taking Guillen's contract off our hands.

There will be a few changes, but they'll be minor ones at best.

Sure-Oz
08-06-2009, 05:34 PM
Nope.

Unless Dayton is spewing nothing but bullshit when he says that payroll is going to be the same as this year.

There aren't going to be major changes at around $70M. No one is taking Guillen's contract off our hands.

There will be a few changes, but they'll be minor ones at best.

They were talking about this bs and mike macfarlane said the original plan for a gm would be about 5 years to see how good he is, and we are on our way to possibly 8 years

FUCK THAT

DeezNutz
08-06-2009, 05:36 PM
They were talking about this bs and mike macfarlane said the original plan for a gm would be about 5 years to see how good he is, and we are on our way to possibly 8 years

**** THAT

I don't need to see any more. He fucking sucks. SUCKS.

For all our bitching about Hillman, Dayton is about 125% worse b/c what he does has far more influence on the team/organization.

Sure-Oz
08-06-2009, 05:38 PM
I don't need to see any more. He ****ing sucks. SUCKS.

For all our bitching about Hillman, Dayton is about 125% worse b/c what he does has far more influence on the team/organization.

Let's just hope our bright manager didn't blow out the arm of our $55 million dollar man. It's DM's fault Trey was hired with zero MLB experience

DeezNutz
08-06-2009, 05:44 PM
Let's just hope our bright manager didn't blow out the arm of our $55 million dollar man. It's DM's fault Trey was hired with zero MLB experience

Yep.

And ultimately, it's DM who is responsible for ensuring that the players are being protected. If they're not, he needs to take the necessary steps, and if this means firing Hillman, so be it.

Seriously, DM is beyond fucking incompetent.

Sure-Oz
08-06-2009, 05:46 PM
DM won't admit he made mistakes it seems either....he really is pissing me off. In reality at best next year should be hillmans final year. I think he should be gone after the year anyway. DM probably should be fired if there aren't major changes by the end of next year.

DeezNutz
08-06-2009, 05:47 PM
DM won't admit he made mistakes it seems either....he really is pissing me off. In reality at best next year should be hillmans final year. I think he should be gone after the year anyway. DM probably should be fired if there aren't major changes by the end of next year.

All of this assumes we have an owner who gives a fuck. And, well, yeah...

Sure-Oz
08-06-2009, 05:50 PM
All of this assumes we have an owner who gives a ****. And, well, yeah...

He did give a shit for a about a year or so now to give DM the moola and then he shit the bed with it....

Now DM has 'payroll' issues....fucking figures...i remember DM was going to be a badass and wouldnt come here if he was restricted. Truth is, he's nowhere close to being a genious and now he wont get a GM job after this one. You come to be a GM of the royals you better be smarter than the yankees and sox gm that has a dogshit load of money to work with.

DeezNutz
08-06-2009, 05:55 PM
He did give a shit for a about a year or so now to give DM the moola and then he shit the bed with it....

Now DM has 'payroll' issues....****ing figures...i remember DM was going to be a badass and wouldnt come here if he was restricted. Truth is, he's nowhere close to being a genious and now he wont get a GM job after this one. You come to be a GM of the royals you better be smarter than the yankees and sox gm that has a dogshit load of money to work with.

The next question any potential GM should ask Glass is this: "Will payroll at least be equal to the amount you receive in revenue sharing?"

If the answer is no, I'd run away from the piece of shit job b/c the owner doesn't care.

I'm tired of some fans trying to give Glass a pass for spending more money. True, it's "more," but he's still playing with house money. When he starts coming out of pocket, like the taxpayers have done and fans do when they show up at the park, I'll believe he cares.

Right now, he doesn't.

Sure-Oz
08-06-2009, 05:57 PM
The next question any potential GM should ask Glass is this: "Will payroll at least be equal to the amount you receive in revenue sharing?"

If the answer is no, I'd run away from the piece of shit job b/c the owner doesn't care.

I'm tired of some fans trying to give Glass a pass for spending more money. True, it's "more," but he's still playing with house money. When he starts coming out of pocket, like the taxpayers have done and fans do when they show up at the park, I'll believe he cares.

Right now, he doesn't.

Oh trust me, i know he doesn't give a flying ****, he just gave a little money for DM to **** with cause of the stadium upgrade. I am counting the days when this guy keels over, is that horrible? He gets off on all of us fans being miserable and having an epic fail of a team, viva cardinals is all he cares about!

DeezNutz
08-06-2009, 06:01 PM
Oh trust me, i know he doesn't give a flying ****, he just gave a little money for DM to **** with cause of the stadium upgrade. I am counting the days when this guy keels over, is that horrible? He gets off on all of us fans being miserable and having an epic fail of a team, viva cardinals is all he cares about!

Yeah, I wasn't trying to suggest otherwise. I know you're all too aware of the bullshit going on with this craptastic team.

Remember when Glass promised the "new" K would generate 90% of the revenue of a brand new stadium? Where's the new stadium payroll? And he also said he was moving to KC...yeah, right.

Go **** yourself, David. You too, Dan, you stupid meddling no baseball knowledge mother****er.

Dayton, you can still suck it. I haven't forgotten about your embarrassing ass.

Sure-Oz
08-06-2009, 06:04 PM
Yeah, I wasn't trying to suggest otherwise. I know you're all too aware of the bullshit going on with this craptastic team.

Remember when Glass promised the "new" K would generate 90% of the revenue of a brand new stadium? Where's the new stadium payroll? And he also said he was moving to KC...yeah, right.

Go **** yourself, David. You too, Dan, you stupid meddling no baseball knowledge mother****er.

Dayton, you can still suck it. I haven't forgotten about your embarrassing ass.
I wonder what i'll witness first, the royals in the playoffs or being contracted from baseball?

DeezNutz
08-06-2009, 06:09 PM
I wonder what i'll witness first, the royals in the playoffs or being contracted from baseball?

Hmmm....

I'll go with Bruce Chen getting hit all over the yard.

Sure-Oz
08-06-2009, 06:10 PM
Hmmm....

I'll go with Bruce Chen getting hit all over the yard.

Hell has frozen over, Chen starting and Mike Sweeney starting in the same game

alnorth
08-06-2009, 06:11 PM
Top 1st

Suzuki grounds out to second
Branyan strikes out (swinging)
Lopez strikes out (swinging)

0 runs, 0 hits

Bottom 1st

DeJesus walks
Bloomquist reaches on a 5-4 fielder's choice, DeJesus out at second
Butler homers to deep left, Bloomquist scores
Pena singles to left
Callaspo singles to right, Pena to second
Teahen doubles to right, Callaspo and Pena scores
Maier flies out to center, Teahen to third
Betancourt doubles to left, Teahen scores
Anderson grounds out to third

5 runs, 5 hits

Sure-Oz
08-06-2009, 06:13 PM
why couldnt we grab russ branyan instead of jacobs, atleast this strike out king can hit HR's and drive in guys

Sure-Oz
08-06-2009, 06:22 PM
HOLY FUCK what a HR

Billy is bringing the power!

SPchief
08-06-2009, 06:23 PM
BIILLLAAAYYY

Demonpenz
08-06-2009, 06:26 PM
i am starting to get a pujols vibe for butler, and he IS and WAS way the fuck more touted that pujols I will take 3/4ths pujols thx

Sure-Oz
08-06-2009, 06:32 PM
Im sorry but Anderson was fucking safe there

Sure-Oz
08-06-2009, 06:33 PM
5 run 1st inning WTF

alnorth
08-06-2009, 06:33 PM
Top 2nd

Sweeney flies out to right
Beltre singles to left
Gutierrez strikes out (swinging), Beltre to second on a Wild Pitch
Wilson flies out to right

0 runs, 1 hit

Bottom 2nd

DeJesus grounds out to shortstop
Bloomquist grounds out to shortstop
Butler walks
Pena flies out to center

0 runs, 0 hits

DeezNutz
08-06-2009, 06:34 PM
i am starting to get a pujols vibe for butler, and he IS and WAS way the **** more touted that pujols I will take 3/4ths pujols thx

This is what we thought he'd be when we drafted him. /Dayton/

Hell, he's taking credit for Hochevar now, or at least when he's pitching well, so why not Billlaaayyy, too?

alnorth
08-06-2009, 06:39 PM
Its not every day you see a guy strike out on a wild pitch that sends the runner to second.

alnorth
08-06-2009, 06:49 PM
Top 3rd

Johnson singles to left
Saunders grounds out to first, Johnson to second
Suzuki singles to left, Johnson to third
Suzuki picked off 1-3-6, out at second
Branyan fouls out to first

0 runs, 2 hits

Bottom 3rd

Callaspo lines out to shortstop
Teahen flies out to center
Maier walks
Maier steals second *
Betancourt grounds out to third

0 runs, 0 hits

* Maier was picked off, but the first baseman dropped the ball, allowing Maier to "steal" second.

KCCHIEFS27
08-06-2009, 06:51 PM
Is it just me or does DDJ try to look cool first and foremost, then worry about baseball? Or maybe that's nothing new.

alnorth
08-06-2009, 07:01 PM
Top 4th

Lopez flies out to center
Sweeney homers to left
Beltre singles to left
Gutierrez singles to right, Beltre to third
Wilson sacrifices (fly) to center, Beltre scores
Johnson grounds into a 6-4 fielder's choice, Gutierrez out at second

2 runs, 3 hits

Bottom 4th

Anderson bunts an infield single to second
Anderson caught stealing 2-6, out at second
DeJesus flies out to center
Bloomquist grounds out to third

0 runs, 1 hit

SPchief
08-06-2009, 07:07 PM
Damn you sweeny

Sure-Oz
08-06-2009, 07:16 PM
LMFAO anderson gets a bunt single and then gets gunned out stealing 2nd

FAIL

alnorth
08-06-2009, 07:17 PM
Why in the holy hell do you steal with no outs up 3 runs with the leadoff man up?

alnorth
08-06-2009, 07:19 PM
Top 5th

Saunders singles to left
Suzuki singles to right, Saunders to second
Branyan flies out to left, Saunders to third
Lopez grounds into a 6-4-3 double play, Suzuki out at second

0 runs, 2 hits

Bottom 5th

Butler singles to center
Pena doubles to left, Butler to third
Callaspo singles to center, Pena to third, Butler scores
Teahen reaches second, Callaspo to third, Pena scores on an Error by 1B
Maier grounds out to shortstop, Callaspo scores
Betancourt grounds out to third
Anderson grounds out to shortstop

3 runs, 3 hits, 1 error

Simply Red
08-06-2009, 07:38 PM
alnorth, mad props for always being a Royal's fan.

alnorth
08-06-2009, 07:43 PM
Top 6th

Sweeney flies out to right
Beltre singles to left
Gutierrez strikes out (swinging)
Wilson flies out to left

0 runs, 1 hit

Bottom 6th

DeJesus grounds out to first
Bloomquist grounds out to shortstop
Butler grounds out to first

0 runs, 0 hits

CHENZ A!
08-06-2009, 07:48 PM
My cousin is pitching quite well tonight.

alnorth
08-06-2009, 07:56 PM
Top 7th

Johnson pops out to second
Saunders singles to right
Suzuki grounds out to second, Saunders to second
Saunders to third on a Wild Pitch
Branyan walks

Jamey Wright relieves Chen

Lopez grounds out to shortstop

0 runs, 1 hit

Bottom 7th

Pena grounds out to third
Callaspo flies out to center
Teahen grounds out to shortstop

0 runs, 0 hits

alnorth
08-06-2009, 08:16 PM
Top 8th

Sweeney grounds out to shortstop
Beltre singles to center
Gutierrez reaches on a 6-4 fielder's choice, Beltre out at second
Wilson grounds into an unassisted fielder's choice to second, Gutierrez out at second

0 runs, 1 hit

Bottom 8th

Chris Jakubauskas relieves Vargas

Maier strikes out (swinging)
Betancourt pops out to second
Anderson grounds out to pitcher

0 runs, 0 hits

alnorth
08-06-2009, 08:29 PM
Top 9th

Doug Waechter relieves Wright

Johnson doubles to left
Saunders flies out to right
Suzuki grounds out to shortstop, Johnson to third
Branyan grounds out to first

0 runs, 1 hit

Royals win, 8-2

SPchief
08-06-2009, 08:39 PM
An actual impressive win

CHENZ A!
08-06-2009, 08:41 PM
YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dartgod
08-06-2009, 08:43 PM
Chen FTW!

DeezNutz
08-06-2009, 09:30 PM
Well, if Butler continues to progress, this season will not be a total waste, record be damned.

And if he continues to look like a legit #3, we at least have a solid glimmer of hope for the future, regardless of the fucking dumbshits who are running the ship.

Sure-Oz
08-06-2009, 09:53 PM
Butler is definetly developing power....he is one of the very few positives on this team

DeezNutz
08-06-2009, 09:56 PM
Butler is definetly developing power....he is one of the very few positives on this team

If he can be a stud, a true legit offensive superstar, this will change the entire complexion of the roster.

It's asking a lot, but, fuck, it's what we need.

keg in kc
08-06-2009, 09:58 PM
Holy shit. They won.

Sure-Oz
08-06-2009, 10:06 PM
If he can be a stud, a true legit offensive superstar, this will change the entire complexion of the roster.

It's asking a lot, but, ****, it's what we need.
Agreed....

I hope he can finish the season with 20 hrs, that is a huge deal considering how we werent sure if he'd hit 10...

He's gotta keep getting better, it seems very very few have done that, esp since the DM regime started

CHENZ A!
08-06-2009, 10:08 PM
LMAO Sluggerrrrrrrrr was 10 on sportscenter top 10. I hate that fucking lion, I'm glad his bitch ass got mugged.

teedubya
08-06-2009, 10:15 PM
Royals Baseball!!!

You'll be surprised when we win!!!!

Nightfyre
08-06-2009, 11:56 PM
I still check the box scores. Its too hard to stay enthusiastic.
Posted via Mobile Device

Demonpenz
08-07-2009, 05:44 AM
I still check the box scores. Its too hard to stay enthusiastic.
Posted via Mobile Device

our starting pitching staff on paper is good, all star caliber closer, may a .333. 30+ homer dude in butler Gordon should be solid at 3rd dejesus in left. there is stuff to work with plus a we drafted and are signing the best minor league players