PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports Athletes and Twitter

mfkrush
08-06-2009, 06:34 PM
http://www.chicitysports.com/2009/08/06/athletes-and-twitter/

Article on athletes and twitter. Some athletes have gotten in trouble for voicing things over twitter. It seems as if more and more of them are getting in trouble like noted in the article J.R. Smith and Antonio Cromartie being fined. What do you think about it? Should athletes be able to give unfiltered feedback on things? Or do they need to have regulations and things to consider before posting their "tweets".

Curious to see what you guys think about this. Also I talked to Priest Holmes on twitter the other day ;)

BWillie
08-06-2009, 07:05 PM
It's just an avenue to voice your thoughts to the public. What difference should it make if the player said it in a post game conference than if they tweeted it? In fact, I think it would be worse if it was on twitter because they've had time to reflect.

Simply Red
08-06-2009, 08:01 PM
can one do biz on the ol' twitter, there? I mean, I don't think that that (twitter) is a technology, i'll ever dig or be down with, let's clear that up right now.

Hammock Parties
08-06-2009, 08:08 PM
mfkrush is one of my favorite posters. He's a bad motherfucker. His girl is a little chubby, though.

kcxiv
08-06-2009, 08:21 PM
Personally, i think the actual NFL/MLB/NBA love it. It gives them more publicity and what not.

Coaches old school coaches may notlike it, but there isnt anything they can do about it. they are the ones that are going to have to get over it.