PDA

View Full Version : Football Orton booed by Denver fans

LaChapelle
08-06-2009, 09:09 PM
Orton hears a boo

Posted by Mike Florio on August 6, 2009 10:57 PM ET

Broncos quarterback Kyle Orton received a warm welcome from Denver fans during a Thursday night practice at Invesco Field.

The crowd of 13,000-plus loudly booed the former Bear when he threw two interceptions and badly misfired on a pass to receiver Chad Jackson.

Orton has been installed as the starter, for now, following an offseason trade that sent quarterback Jay Cutler to Chicago.

Mr. Arrowhead
08-06-2009, 09:10 PM
but he better than cassel and will be a top 10 qb /knowmo

InChiefsHeaven
08-06-2009, 09:12 PM
Jeez. Dungver fans suck. I mean, give the guy a break, he's only Kyle Orton...

cdcox
08-06-2009, 09:12 PM
They weren't boooing Orton. They were booing the defense for making him look bad.

Quesadilla Joe
08-06-2009, 09:16 PM
The whole stadium didn't boo. It was a certain section. There are a lot of butt hurt Cutler fans in Denver.

The defense is ALWAYS ahead of the offense this early in camp. Once the regular season starts Orton and the rest of the offense will be ready.

BigRock
http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/9538/gob.gif

Mr. Arrowhead
The whole stadium didn't boo. It was a certain section. There are a lot of butt hurt Cutler fans in Denver.

The defense is ALWAYS ahead of the offense this early in camp. Once the regular season starts Orton and the rest of the offense will be ready.

you predicting pro bowl still?

Quesadilla Joe
08-06-2009, 09:17 PM
you predicting pro bowl still?

I never predicted a Pro Bowl. I think if he is still the QB here in Denver 3 years from now he will have at least one PB.

LaChapelle
08-06-2009, 09:17 PM
He's just not use to throwing it to real weapons.

Crashride
08-06-2009, 09:18 PM
This is a great post!!

Mr. Arrowhead
08-06-2009, 09:22 PM
He cant even play against a garbage defense ROFL

http://i28.tinypic.com/2yl30u8.gif

Quesadilla Joe
08-06-2009, 09:29 PM
He cant even play against a garbage defense ROFL

How did your goldenboy practice against 3rd stringers last preseason?

Matt Cassel stats preseason 2008
Comp/Att - 19/34
Comp % - 55.9
Yards - 165
YPA - 4.9
TD's - 0
INT's - 1

chiefzilla1501
08-06-2009, 09:32 PM
I never predicted a Pro Bowl. I think if he is still the QB here in Denver 3 years from now he will have at least one PB.

Holy shit

chiefzilla1501
08-06-2009, 09:35 PM

I'm sure that he'll be better than Peyton, Brady, Rivers, and Big Ben. Not to mention a healthy Carson Palmer.

I didn't realize he was THAT good.

Quesadilla Joe
08-06-2009, 09:36 PM
I'm sure that he'll be better than Peyton, Brady, Rivers, and Big Ben. Not to mention a healthy Carson Palmer.

I didn't realize he was THAT good.

Hey... The fan vote got Cutler into the Pro Bowl and he was second in the NFL in interceptions.

chiefzilla1501
08-06-2009, 09:41 PM
Hey... The fan vote got Cutler into the Pro Bowl and he was second in the NFL in interceptions.

He was also 1st in the AFC in yards, and 3rd in the AFC in TDs.

Orton is not going to throw over 4,000 yards. Therefore, he will never be a pro bowler over Peyton, Brady, Big Ben, and Rivers. Give me a break.

The Bad Guy
08-06-2009, 09:44 PM

Who's he making the Pro Bowl over? He's not making it over Brady, Rivers, Manning, Roethlisberger unless he's a 4th or 5th injury replacement.

Quesadilla Joe
08-06-2009, 09:46 PM
He was also 1st in the AFC in yards, and 3rd in the AFC in TDs.

Orton is not going to throw over 4,000 yards. Therefore, he will never be a pro bowler over Peyton, Brady, Big Ben, and Rivers. Give me a break.

If he is Denver's QB 3 years from now it means that he is legit. If Bronco fans can vote Cutler into the Pro Bowl they can vote Orton in too.

Quesadilla Joe
08-06-2009, 09:48 PM
Who's he making the Pro Bowl over? He's not making it over Brady, Rivers, Manning, Roethlisberger unless he's a 4th or 5th injury replacement.

I am not saying he definitely will make the Pro Bowl. But I do think that if he is starting in Denver three years from now it will be because he is good... Good enough to have a better QB Rating than Rivers or Roethlisburger.

The fan vote plays a large part into who gets into the Pro Bowl and the Denver Broncos have A LOT of fans.

kcchiefsus
08-06-2009, 10:09 PM
I am not saying he definitely will make the Pro Bowl. But I do think that if he is starting in Denver three years from now it will be because he is good... Good enough to have a better QB Rating than Rivers or Roethlisburger.

The fan vote plays a large part into who gets into the Pro Bowl and the Denver Broncos have A LOT of fans.

Yeah, sure you do. I'm sure you have a proportionately larger share of fans than any other team in the nFL.

chefsos
08-06-2009, 10:13 PM
Oh my God.

BigMeatballDave
08-06-2009, 10:20 PM
If he is Denver's QB 3 years from now it means that he is legit. If Bronco fans can vote Cutler into the Pro Bowl they can vote Orton in too.JFC you are stupid...ROFL

Param
08-06-2009, 10:26 PM
.I think if he is still the QB here in Denver 3 years from now he will have at least one PB..

I am not saying he definitely will make the Pro Bowl

Make up your mind.

Hammock Parties
08-06-2009, 10:27 PM
Schadenfreude.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090807/ap_on_sp_fo_ne/fbn_broncos_camp

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. – The largest crowd ever to watch a Denver Broncos practice didn't much like what it saw.

New quarterback Kyle Orton, acquired from Chicago for Pro Bowl passer Jay Cutler in the biggest NFL trade of the offseason, was booed by the crowd of 13,402 at his unofficial debut at Invesco Field when he threw two interceptions and several bad passes during a structured scrimmage Thursday night.

Orton drew the fans' ire when he was picked off twice by cornerback Andre' Goodman, the second of which was returned for a long touchdown.

"I had a good day," Goodman said in a lonely sentiment afterward.

Orton also was jeered when he threw behind receiver Chad Jackson, again when he missed a wide-open Jabar Gaffney in the end zone and also when he floated a pass down the middle that Champ Bailey busted up.

"Fans can cheer. They can boo," Orton said. "We've got good fans, and they're passionate about their football, that's for sure."

Orton wasn't alone in the fans' disapproval.

The crowd also booed punter Brett Kern for a pair of poor punts and also let kicker Matt Prater have it for missing consecutive 43-yard field goal attempts at the end of the scrimmage, one to the right and one way left.

"I heard a few boos. I had heard them during other boos and then I missed a kick and really heard the boos," Prater said. "That's part of the business."

Prater hit three straight kicks to end the scrimmage to polite applause.

New coach Josh McDaniels was disappointed in a lot of things about the scrimmage but certainly not the fans' reactions.

"It's the National Football League and that's what people do, and they'll cheer you when you should be cheered and boo you when you should be booed," McDaniels said. "Hey, I've been around for a while. I understand that that's going to happen and it doesn't surprise me and it doesn't disappoint me."

What disappointed him was the slew of mistakes all over the field, not that he wasn't expecting to have mixed feelings.

"I learned a long time ago — in the spring — that as a head coach you never have a good practice when you practice offense vs. defense," McDaniels said, "because someone's always going to make a good play and then the other side is on the other end of it.

"So there's a lot of mistakes made tonight on both sides. Kyle obviously made a couple but he certainly wasn't alone and we'll go back to work tomorrow morning and fix what's wrong."

As for Prater, McDaniels isn't planning on bringing in another kicker to push him.

"Hey, I have confidence in Matt Prater, he's made a whole lot of kicks, too," McDaniels said.

McDaniels declined to comment on rampant speculation that safety Brian Dawkins, the cornerstone of his defensive overhaul, has a broken hand and needs surgery.

Dawkins, is in his first season in Denver after 13 years in Philadelphia, got hurt Tuesday. The Broncos have declined to reveal the nature or extent of Dawkins' injury, saying only that he'll be out a few days.

Rookie safety David Bruton of Notre Dame has replaced Dawkins at strong safety with Denver's first unit, and he fueled the speculation that Dawkins' injury was more serious than the Broncos are letting on when he said after the Thursday morning walkthrough: "What happened with Dawkins, it's sad, but you get your call, it's time to step up ... and hope for a speedy recovery."

Dawkins wasn't on the field Thursday. He plans to skip Friday's workout to attend a memorial service in Philadelphia for former Eagles defensive coordinator Jim Johnson, who died last week.

McDaniels also declined to confirm reports that the team was close to signing its top draft pick, Georgia running back Knowshon Moreno, the 12th overall pick in the draft.

"I'd love for the guy to sign," said tailback Correll Buckhalter, who has been backing up starter LaMont Jordan during Moreno's weeklong holdout. "It's another added dimension to our offense."

And Buckhalter shrugged off all the boo-birds.

"The booing doesn't bother me at all. I played in Philly, you get consistent boos there," he said. "You have to have thick skin."

Mr_Tomahawk
08-06-2009, 10:27 PM
Donkeys Suck.

http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/donkey.jpg

KCChiefsMan
08-06-2009, 10:28 PM
I love it!

jlscorpio
08-06-2009, 10:29 PM
this offseason will never be equaled.

Hammock Parties
08-06-2009, 10:29 PM
Mark Schlereth's reaction:

|Zach|
08-06-2009, 10:33 PM
LMAO

Hammock Parties
08-06-2009, 10:34 PM
From the Mane:

Unlike Jay, Orton has the maturity to handle fans booing him.

That's right folks! Orton is the Eric Hicks of quarterbacks! He can HANDLE being 1-3!

Hammock Parties
08-06-2009, 10:36 PM
Could have been worse:

<hr style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> I was there tonight. I didn't boo him, but I completely understand everyone in the stadium that was. In reality, the 3 picks (one called back on defensive penalty) where just the tip of the iceberg. He really should have have 3 more off of two swatted balls where the d-lineman could not get to it quickly enough, and off of a circus catch by Stokley in traffic.

orange
08-06-2009, 10:37 PM
Elsewhere in the AFC West:

Chiefs:
Thursday’s practice ended with the team working the two-minute drill, the No. 1 offense against the No. 1 defense. QB Matt Cassel took the team down the field, but two passes thrown into the end zone were broken up by CB Brandon Flowers and SS Bernard Pollard. QB Brodie Croyle led the No. 2 offense against the No. 2 defense, but that lasted just four plays, as Croyle was zero for four, his last pass knocked down by OLB Andy Studebaker.

Other tidbits and observations:

- NFL refree Mike Carey and part of his crew are in camp, and were on the field for the practice. They will be there on Friday and Saturday as well. Haley asked them to be very picky and to throw the flag when they saw something wrong. In the two-minute drill, the Chiefs were flagged for illegal motion and one of the officials had to warn WR Dwayne Bowe about where he lined up on one play. Haley wasn’t very happy about that either.

Chargers:
The San Diego Chargers, in an unusual move, have disclosed on the team's official web site that local blackouts are a distinct possibility for the 2009 season.

"Yes, local television blackouts are a definite possibility," COO Jim Steeg said. "Our goal right now is to make everyone aware that tickets are still available and that, at this point at least, blackouts are likely."

Cue the "those last several hundred seats are the worst several hundred seats in football" crowd.

But Steeg apparently has factored into his comments the reality that some of the seats at Qualcomm Stadium aren't ideal.

"We have a lot of tickets to sell for all of our games," Steeg said, "and these are better seats than we've had available in recent years."

Steeg says that both preseason games, against the Seahawks and the 49ers, likely will be blacked out. That apparently will be only the start.

Imagine how bad it would be if the Chargers weren't any good.

It makes us wonder how bad it will be for the teams that aren't any good.

Raiders:
Jamarcus Russell is still fat.

Just Passin' By
08-06-2009, 10:40 PM
I hope Dawkins is alright.

Mr. Flopnuts
08-06-2009, 10:40 PM

Chiefs:
Thursday’s practice ended with the team working the two-minute drill, the No. 1 offense against the No. 1 defense. QB Matt Cassel took the team down the field, but two passes thrown into the end zone were broken up by CB Brandon Flowers and SS Bernard Pollard. QB Brodie Croyle led the No. 2 offense against the No. 2 defense, but that lasted just four plays, as Croyle was zero for four, his last pass knocked down by OLB Andy Studebaker.

Other tidbits and observations:

- NFL refree Mike Carey and part of his crew are in camp, and were on the field for the practice. They will be there on Friday and Saturday as well. Haley asked them to be very picky and to throw the flag when they saw something wrong. In the two-minute drill, the Chiefs were flagged for illegal motion and one of the officials had to warn WR Dwayne Bowe about where he lined up on one play. Haley wasn’t very happy about that either.

Chargers:
The San Diego Chargers, in an unusual move, have disclosed on the team's official web site that local blackouts are a distinct possibility for the 2009 season.

"Yes, local television blackouts are a definite possibility," COO Jim Steeg said. "Our goal right now is to make everyone aware that tickets are still available and that, at this point at least, blackouts are likely."

Cue the "those last several hundred seats are the worst several hundred seats in football" crowd.

But Steeg apparently has factored into his comments the reality that some of the seats at Qualcomm Stadium aren't ideal.

"We have a lot of tickets to sell for all of our games," Steeg said, "and these are better seats than we've had available in recent years."

Steeg says that both preseason games, against the Seahawks and the 49ers, likely will be blacked out. That apparently will be only the start.

Imagine how bad it would be if the Chargers weren't any good.

It makes us wonder how bad it will be for the teams that aren't any good.

Raiders:

You guys have to seriously be freaking out a bit right now. I mean, granted, we expect a shitty year. We're coming off a few. This is all new for you guys. You have to look at your two bitter rivals and think, "Is it our turn?" I'd say I was sorry, but I'd be lying. Que up the Nelson Ha ha pic. I like most of you Donko fans here, but all's fair in love and football.

Hammock Parties
08-06-2009, 10:42 PM

Chiefs:

This was a very weak attempt on your part.

BigChiefFan
08-06-2009, 10:49 PM
Wow. Seems the wheels are falling off.

TinyEvel
08-06-2009, 10:50 PM
So, they serve beer at the scrimmages?

Hammock Parties
08-06-2009, 10:51 PM
So, they serve beer at the scrimmages?

It's a business.

AND IT'S FAILING!

orange
08-06-2009, 10:52 PM
You guys have to seriously be freaking out a bit right now.

It's the first week of practice for both teams - teams with new coaching staffs, new systems, new QBs, lots of new players. It's going to be ugly for awhile.

There's no reason to panic yet.

I realize Chiefs fans have been in 24/7/52 Panic Mode for the last two years, but really, there's no reason to jump off a cliff in August.

orange
08-06-2009, 10:54 PM
The Chargers, on the other hand, have a real problem.

BigChiefFan
08-06-2009, 10:55 PM
It's the first week of practice for both teams - teams with new coaching staffs, new systems, new QBs, lots of new players. It's going to be ugly for awhile.

I realize Chiefs fans have been in 24/7/52 Panic Mode for the last two years, but really, there's no reason to jump off a cliff in August.

Yea, but you have to admit, the BIGGEST, EVER crowd for a practice, BOOED Orton-that's a pretty powerful statement.

DBOSHO
08-06-2009, 11:00 PM
i honestly cannot think of any way the broncos offseason can get any worse...and i LOVE IT

mfkrush
08-06-2009, 11:01 PM
http://www.chicitysports.com/2009/08/06/orton-booed-by-fans/

Kyle Orton gets booed by Denver Bronco fans at a record crowd of over 13,000. Sucks to be him right now I guess. How do you think he will do? He's showing some early signs of struggling.

orange
08-06-2009, 11:01 PM
Yea, but you have to admit, the BIGGEST, EVER crowd for a practice, BOOED Orton-that's a pretty powerful statement.

There's a powerful anti-new-regime faction in Denver these days, since they fired Shanahan. Cutler's vagina-bruised-run-away has only inflamed them.

Only wins will shut them up.

FYI there was a noisy minority of "fans" in Denver who rode Elway his whole career, too.

RealSNR
08-06-2009, 11:02 PM
"Forgive them, Lord Orton. They know not what they do!" -Knowmo

orange
08-06-2009, 11:02 PM
Repost of a Repost.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=211495
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=211500

orange
08-06-2009, 11:05 PM
For all the bellyaching about this turning into "BroncosPlanet," you guys do love you some Broncos football!

It's gratifying, actually.

Hammock Parties
08-06-2009, 11:08 PM
For all the bellyaching about this turning into "BroncosPlanet," you guys do love you some Broncos football!

I welcome our Broncos trolls. They make this place more fun.

The very PINNACLE of Chiefsplanet was the Plummer > Green thread.

CoMoChief
08-06-2009, 11:10 PM
I hope Dawkins is alright.

from a football standpoint.......I don't.

Hammock Parties
08-06-2009, 11:13 PM
from a football standpoint.......I don't.

Stay down bitch!

KcMizzou
08-06-2009, 11:21 PM
"Orton hears a boo"

LMAO Cracked me up.

orange
08-06-2009, 11:24 PM
The very PINNACLE of Chiefsplanet was the Plummer > Green thread.

That's only because the 30 Shanahan to the Chiefs threads were never merged like this one.

Don't forget - that provided a term that will live forever:

THE DEAL IS DONE!

KCrockaholic
08-06-2009, 11:29 PM
Orton is too busy thinking about his next opportunity to molest his best friend....Do I need to pull those pictures up again?

orange
08-06-2009, 11:32 PM
Orton is too busy thinking about his next opportunity to molest his best friend....Do I need to pull those pictures up again?

At least Orton's "friend" has flesh.

teedubya
08-07-2009, 12:25 AM
"Orton hears a boo"

LMAO Cracked me up.

That was gonna be my thread title... heh.

Basileus777
08-07-2009, 12:30 AM
FYI there was a noisy minority of "fans" in Denver who rode Elway his whole career, too.

:clap:

-King-
08-07-2009, 12:47 AM
"Orton hears a boo"

LMAO Cracked me up.

HOLY SHIT LMAOOOOO!! If someone can photoshop that DVD cover, they will get rep out the ass.

RustShack
08-07-2009, 12:51 AM
If he is Denver's QB 3 years from now it means that he is legit. If Bronco fans can vote Cutler into the Pro Bowl they can vote Orton in too.

ROFL LMAO ROFL LMAO ROFL LMAO

:banghead:

Valiant
08-07-2009, 12:54 AM
How did your goldenboy practice against 3rd stringers last preseason?

Matt Cassel stats preseason 2008
Comp/Att - 19/34
Comp % - 55.9
Yards - 165
YPA - 4.9
TD's - 0
INT's - 1

Wow 80.92 for his first preseason game ever.. How long has Orton been doing it?? If that is his worse for us, then I will be happy..

But our defense will still only win us 4 games tops..

Chiefs=Champions
08-07-2009, 12:54 AM
They werent booing they were saying BooOrton / Knomo

Valiant
08-07-2009, 12:57 AM

He is at least more reasonable.. Knowmo thinks Orton is better then Cutler..

HemiEd
08-07-2009, 01:17 AM
I never predicted a Pro Bowl. I think if he is still the QB here in Denver 3 years from now he will have at least one PB.ROFL that is hilarious, must be a different Orton than I watched play for the Bears.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-07-2009, 01:26 AM

I don't think these interceptions are the result of the offense being sloppy so much as it is a secondary we all knew could potentially light it up under the the proper focus and coaching.

How in the hell could you statistically draft that many defenders that high and end up with only 1 or 2 guys who have the potential to explode?

I want my Chiefs defense back and by God; I will have it!

the Talking Can
08-07-2009, 05:50 AM
this offseason will never be equaled.

for real

this is the fucking Star Wars of off season awesomeness for chiefs fans......

i bet knowschmo cried when the fans started booing "that-piece-of-crap-who-isn't-cutler"...

the Talking Can
08-07-2009, 05:54 AM

Chiefs:
Thursday’.

Raiders:

i see you've attempted knowschmo's powerful trick of "cutting and pasting," but with the extra power punch of "colored font"

you donco homers are true Wizards...who could withstand such mighty magic?

LaChapelle
08-07-2009, 06:11 AM
Orton sounds like a really bad and cheap remake of Plummer. It's like McDaniels started copying Shanahan, the Shanahan who's ego got out of control.

ChiefJustice
08-07-2009, 06:11 AM
"Forgive them, Lord Orton. They know not what they do!" -Knowmo

http://www.wwedaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/orton_randy.jpg

"Good...Because this thread was about to get REAL!!!"

Tom_A_Hawk
08-07-2009, 06:12 AM

Chiefs:[I]
[COLOR="Red"]Thursday’s practice ended with the team working the two-minute drill, the No. 1 offense against the No. 1 defense. QB Matt Cassel took the team down the field, but two passes thrown into the end zone were broken up by CB Brandon Flowers and SS Bernard Pollard. QB Brodie Croyle led the No. 2 offense against the No. 2 defense, but that lasted just four plays, as Croyle was zero for four, his last pass knocked down by OLB Andy Studebaker.

Thanks to Denver's coach in making the excuse for the broncos. It would appear to be a good counter to the above.

"I learned a long time ago — in the spring — that as a head coach you never have a good practice when you practice offense vs. defense," McDaniels said, "because someone's always going to make a good play and then the other side is on the other end of it.

Alton deFlat
08-07-2009, 09:53 AM
The pre-season game between the Bears and Broncos could be interesting.

Cutler, Orton see both sides of fans

Jay Cutler and Kyle Orton both are beginning to understand the fans of their new teams are passionate about football -- but for very different reasons.

Cutler, whom the Denver Broncos traded to the Chicago Bears for Orton after his messy divorce with new Broncos coach Josh McDaniels, told The Waddle and Silvy Show on ESPN 1000 in Chicago on Tuesday that Bears fans are more passionate about their team than Broncos fans are about theirs.

On the show, Cutler was asked about the 20,000 fans who showed up at Bears training camp in Bourbonnais, Ill., during the weekend.

"In Denver, we didn't have this many fans at all," he said. "We weren't even able to accommodate that many fans [at practice]. That's Chicago Bears fans for you. They're proud of their Bears.

"It's a lot [different]. Denver's like a 6 and Chicago's like a 9," Cutler said during the interview. "It's quite a bit different. Just the fans and how passionate they are, that's probably the biggest difference."

But Thursday night, a crowd of 13,402 Broncos fans turned out at Invesco Field in Denver to get their first glimpse of Orton. They showed their passion for the game in another way -- by booing him when he threw two interceptions and several bad passes during a structured scrimmage.

"Fans can cheer. They can boo," Orton said. "We've got good fans, and they're passionate about their football, that's for sure."

At least Orton wasn't the sole target. The crowd also booed punter Brett Kern for a pair of poor punts and let kicker Matt Prater have it for missing consecutive 43-yard field goal attempts at the end of the scrimmage, one to the right and one way left.

McDaniels was disappointed in a lot of things about the scrimmage, but certainly not the fans' reactions.

"It's the National Football League and that's what people do, and they'll cheer you when you should be cheered and boo you when you should be booed," McDaniels said. "Hey, I've been around for a while. I understand that that's going to happen and it doesn't surprise me and it doesn't disappoint me."

Orton and Cutler will both have a chance to compare notes on the passion of Broncos fans when the Bears visit Denver for a preseason game on Aug. 30. Given the way Cutler left Denver, the treatment Orton received on Thursday might pale in comparison to what's awaiting Cutler.

"Denver, am I looking forward to it? No. Just the whole hoopla that's going to come along with it," Cutler said on The Waddle and Silvy Show. "I'm excited to go back and see some of the guys there. I've got some really good friends back there, and get back to Denver and see if my house is still standing. Other than that, that's about all I'm excited about Denver."

orange
08-07-2009, 03:04 PM
Free session draws a crowd at Invesco
By Anica Wong
The Denver Post
Posted: 08/07/2009 01:00:00 AM MDT
Updated: 08/07/2009 10:23:02 AM MDT

The atmosphere Thursday night was just like fans wanted it to be: like a regular season game. At the first training camp practice open to the public at Invesco Field at Mile High since 2004, fans drank beer, ate nachos and even booed. It seems like football season has already started.

The Broncos' organization didn't expect an overwhelming number of fans for the practice. But 13,402 showed up to watch what the team has been working on as the season draws closer.

"It's a whole new offense. It's a whole new coach. It's a whole new organization, and it's novel," said Bill Lugsch, who has had Broncos season tickets for the past 47 years. "There's going to be a lot of interest."

People continued to show up long after the gates opened at 5:30 p.m., many having to snake their way past the long concession lines. Because only 3,000 people were expected, only two concession stands were operating. Later, a few extra beer stands were opened.

But the lines didn't deter fans from sitting in the pleasant weather, close to the field, to get a sneak peek at the team. For some, this was the only time they would be at the stadium to watch the Broncos, citing the price to get in — free — as the reason they were able to attend.

"The Broncos did right by the fans," Justin Colgrove said after the practice.

For Craig Sinsabaugh, the practice was a highlight of his trip from Albuquerque.

"Denver fans need a reason to get excited," he said, noting the mood appeared to be great in the seats.

Although all training camp practices have been open to the public, this was the first time so many people in one venue have seen the new coach, the new offense and the new quarterback.

And some weren't extremely pleased with Kyle Orton's abilities.

"We're optimistic that he got all of his bad throws out tonight," Patrick Sullivan said. "I'm glad it was practice."

The boos started after two throws by Orton were picked off.

In a town where fans live for that 16-game season, they are longing for a team they can be proud of, especially after the coaching turmoil and quarterback drama during the offseason.

"I'm an optimist," Rick Martinez said. "I'm going to say 10-6 (record). I'm just talking with my heart."

The beer was cold and the orange and blue T-shirts were out. The fans got a preview and are ready to see their team in game action.

Anica Wong: 303-954-1720 or awong@denverpost.com
http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_13012342

orange
08-07-2009, 03:10 PM
Orton, Stokley make potent combination
By Mike Klis
The Denver Post
Posted: 08/07/2009 01:00:00 AM MDT
Updated: 08/07/2009 01:27:22 AM MDT

As the largest crowd to ever watch a Broncos practice began to disperse Thursday night, they took with them autographs from a player or two and a first impression of quarterback Kyle Orton.

The autographs, most of which were scribbled quickly, may have been easier to read.

Orton completed so many passes to Brandon Stokley during the controlled scrimmage at Invesco Field at Mile High that no one should have trouble learning who will play the Wes Welker role in the Broncos' new offense this year.

But there was also a smattering of boos from the gathering of 13,402 fans after Orton was intercepted twice by cornerback Andre Goodman, who returned one for a touchdown.

"Made some mistakes, did some good things," Orton said. "Got some things to learn from."

For the first time in a while, backup quarterback Chris Simms took a few snaps with the first-team offense. Is the quarterback competition back on?

"I can't answer that," Simms said. "I did the best with the reps I get. Whether it's with the ones or twos, I don't really care. I'm just going to go out and compete. I know that's a token answer, but it's the truth."

In the latter part of the scrimmage, however, Orton took every rep with the first team.

"Kyle's progressing every day," Broncos coach Josh McDaniels said. "Great attitude, understands the system and again, there's a lot of people that have got to improve with what they're doing."

No one saw Brian Dawkins or Brandon Marshall. Dawkins, the Broncos' newly acquired Pro Bowl safety, had surgery to repair a broken right hand, an injury he suffered during the training camp workout Tuesday. Dawkins is expected to be out two weeks.

Marshall, the Broncos' leading receiver with 206 catches the previous two seasons, has been out since suffering a leg injury Sunday.

The evening scrimmage did introduce the fans to the cover skills of Goodman while allowing them to become reacquainted with Stokley.

On the first of Goodman's interceptions, Orton had Jabar Gaffney open on a post pattern but threw the ball short, allowing Goodman to recover it. On the second interception, a receiver slipped and Goodman was ready.

"I read the route early, and when the receiver slipped, I had a read on it," Goodman said. "It was nice to make a few plays in front of a decent crowd like that."

Mike Klis: 303-954-1055 or mklis@denverpost.com

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_13012341

Quesadilla Joe
08-08-2009, 07:25 PM
http://chiefsblog.kansascity.com/?q=node/905

Up and down day for Cassel, QBs

None of the quarterbacks were stars in today’s intrasquad scrimmage. Starter Matt Cassel threw two interceptions and fumbled for the second straight day. It was not one of his better practices of training camp.

"There were some good things and some bad things," Cassel said. "We did some really good things at times and there were a few balls that got away from me a little bit."

Cassel fumbled when he was hit by Larry Johnson, who was trying to pick up a blitzing linebacker.

"That’s just something you’ve got to prevent," coach Todd Haley said. "He’s got to keep two hands on the ball and Larry’s got to avoid him. You can’t let it happen."

Cassel later threw two interceptions in three plays. On the second, he shouted as soon as he threw the ball, knowing it was going to end up in a defender’s hands.

"I moved to my left and didn’t get anything on it," Cassel said. "The good part of this is we have 30-some days before our first game. There’s no doubt it was good for us to get out there, tackle, have the live bullets flying at you. These guys were coming hard."

Neither Tyler Thigpen nor Brodie Croyle threw an interception, but they weren’t particularly sharp, either. Thigpen on one drive threw three straight passes that were off-target.

Thigpen threw two touchdown passes, Cassel one and Croyle none. Matt Gutierrez threw a touchdown pass on his only drive.

http://i31.tinypic.com/2sb3hfn.gif

Fairplay
08-08-2009, 07:32 PM
Orten can hand off the ball pretty good.

Fairplay
08-08-2009, 07:34 PM
Orten loves his team to have a great defense, that makes him look better.

Fairplay
08-08-2009, 07:35 PM
Does Denver have a great defense?

Fairplay
08-08-2009, 07:35 PM
Last i heard they were struggling on D.

DBOSHO
08-08-2009, 07:36 PM
its just a testament to how good our defense is. godlike

Chief Faithful
08-08-2009, 08:41 PM
Orton sounds like a really bad and cheap remake of Plummer. It's like McDaniels started copying Shanahan, the Shanahan who's ego got out of control.

Rick Mirer is a better comparison IMO.

Plummer could effectively pass downfield Orton cannot. Hester was open all season downfield and Orton could not get the ball to him. I'm sure the Bears wanted Cutler specifically because he could get the ball to Hester on the fly route.

Denver fans are going to hate Orton once they get familiar with his limitations.

LaChapelle
08-08-2009, 08:47 PM
Sounds like Orton is Thigpen without the wheels.

JohninGpt
08-08-2009, 08:53 PM

Heh, saddle that horseface.

Crush
08-08-2009, 09:03 PM

http://chiefsblog.kansascity.com/?q=node/905

You are weak defenders of a flawed team.

Tribal Warfare
08-08-2009, 09:17 PM
this is the fucking Star Wars of off season awesomeness for chiefs fans......

LMAO Yes it is!

Gadzooks
08-08-2009, 09:33 PM
You are weak defenders of a flawed team.

Agree 100%. Being a Charger backer, I've checked out all of the other "fan" sites. No group of fans are more realistic than Chief fans.
The Chiefs could've won both Charger games but couldn't pull it together at the last second. Thus, the team was overhauled. Chief fans realize there will be growing pains with the new regime but most aboard seem to accept that.
The Turds, as a team, seem to be on their way up but, their fans, (the ones that aren't in jail or illiterate), are always suckin' Al's hole and think they're the best regardless of score sheets.
While Donkey fans, who don't have a prayer of any success this season, can't shut up about how great everything is. All of a sudden Cutler sucks, all of a sudden Shanahan sucks and McDaniels will lead them back to glory, all of a sudden Marshall will straighten up and fly right, All of a sudden Moreno will break every rushing record, etc, etc...
Pathetic.

Quesadilla Joe
08-08-2009, 10:02 PM
Rick Mirer is a better comparison IMO.

Plummer could effectively pass downfield Orton cannot. Hester was open all season downfield and Orton could not get the ball to him. I'm sure the Bears wanted Cutler specifically because he could get the ball to Hester on the fly route.

Denver fans are going to hate Orton once they get familiar with his limitations.

Cutler's deepball wasn't much better. He very rarely hit WR's in stride on deep routes down the sideline. He doesn't put enough touch on it and can't drop the ball over defenders deep. He tried doing it at least 5 times against the Raiders and never completed one of them...

Gadzooks
08-08-2009, 10:15 PM
:LOL:See?

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-08-2009, 10:18 PM

:D You're a devious little Sparkler; I like it!

JohninGpt
08-08-2009, 10:21 PM

Yup, "Cutler sucks", check.
Shanahan should be next.

mike_b_284
08-08-2009, 10:30 PM

Ready for cock. BIG CHIEFS COCK!

Hammock Parties
08-08-2009, 10:34 PM
Ready for cock. BIG CHIEFS COCK!

LOL...that's what I love!!!

mike_b_284
08-09-2009, 01:37 PM
LOL...that's what I love!!!

what? I hope that needs some clarification.

chiefzilla1501
08-09-2009, 02:46 PM
Last i heard they were struggling on D.

Yup. And it appears that the Broncos are approaching the 3-4 defense in the same failed way that the Jets, Browns, and Raiders did. They're going to try a shotgun approach. Rather than gradually transisting into that defense, they're trying to load the team up with a bunch of 3-4 guys that they can jam into the defense right away. Notice how the Broncos made a ton of acquisitions that would allow them to immediately run a 3-4.

The model hasn't worked too well in the past. And I think it's a mistake to let a 3-4 guy transist a 4-3 defense to a 3-4 defense. We know Nolan is a terrific coach when you get him good players to work with. It's yet to be seen if he can build it from scratch.

Mecca
08-09-2009, 02:47 PM
Mike Nolan has always been a 3-4 guy so that is what you get with him.

They don't really have players for any scheme though so I'm not sure it's that big of a deal.

StcChief
08-09-2009, 02:50 PM
lol....Kyle Orton. AFC W Secondaries are waiting.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-09-2009, 02:58 PM

I predict many a Chiefs Secondary pick against Dungver this year.

Quesadilla Joe
08-09-2009, 03:59 PM
Mike Nolan has always been a 3-4 guy so that is what you get with him.

They don't really have players for any scheme though so I'm not sure it's that big of a deal.

Agreed. Denver would have been horrible on defense no matter what had they kept the 4-3 personnel they had.

Quesadilla Joe
08-09-2009, 04:01 PM

I guarantee that Orton won't throw as many INT's as Cutler did last year.

beach tribe
08-09-2009, 04:04 PM
I guarantee that Orton won't throw as many tds as Cutler did last year.
You made a mistake. I fixed it for you.

Crush
08-09-2009, 04:08 PM

Exactly, because he will be benched by Week 4.

Quesadilla Joe
08-09-2009, 04:08 PM
You made a mistake. I fixed it for you.

He will throw close to it if he doesn't get hurt.

mdstu
08-09-2009, 04:13 PM
Was cruising through JustinTV a week ago and someone was streaming the Monday night GB at Chi game from last year. I watched the whole second half just to remind myself what I thought I remembered about Orton. I remembered it right. Holy shit you better hope that is the worst he has ever played in his whole life. He threw two picks that were just awful. Here is the thing, they won. That defense and ST were just incredible. If Orton has any success this year it will be because of divine intervention.

Crush
08-09-2009, 04:18 PM
Was cruising through JustinTV a week ago and someone was streaming the Monday night GB at Chi game from last year. I watched the whole second half just to remind myself what I thought I remembered about Orton. I remembered it right. Holy shit you better hope that is the worst he has ever played in his whole life. He threw two picks that were just awful. Here is the thing, they won. That defense and ST were just incredible. If Orton has any success this year it will be because of divine intervention.

... but he is the best ever. /Knownoshit

Quesadilla Joe
08-09-2009, 04:24 PM

Orton was injured for that game. You need to watch the first 8 games from last year when he was playing really well. After he got injured Orton couldn't do anything but Shotgun passes and 3 step drops.

Quesadilla Joe
08-09-2009, 04:25 PM
https://twitter.com/fs3142
Orton throwing the deep ball well today. Very nice 40 yard throw to stokley, beating jack williams

Orton hits Stokley deep again. Today is best Orton has thrown the deep ball all of camp

Crush
08-09-2009, 04:28 PM
Just because you sprinkle yellow glitter on a pile of shit does not turn it into treasure.

mdstu
08-09-2009, 04:28 PM
I guess you have all the angles covered.
Disregard my ignorance.

StcChief
08-09-2009, 04:29 PM
proof is in the pudding....and it's gonna start gellin pretty quick.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-09-2009, 04:47 PM

The weather helped Chicago big time in that game as well.

I guess you have all the angles covered.
Disregard my ignorance.

ROFL:clap:

CupidStunt
08-09-2009, 04:58 PM
Orton throwing the deep ball well today. Very nice 40 yard throw to stokley, beating jack williams

Orton hits Stokley deep again. Today is best Orton has thrown the deep ball all of camp

Bailey 2nd INT of day on overthrown Orton deep pass

LMAO

Quesadilla Joe
08-09-2009, 04:59 PM
LMAO

That is what the best DB in the game does. His first INT was off of Chris Simms.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-09-2009, 05:02 PM
That is what the best DB in the game does. His first INT was off of Chris Simms.

Oh poor, deluded young 24 year-old; you are in for one rough ride this year.

Tribal Warfare
08-09-2009, 05:07 PM
It's official, Orton is on the way to a HOFer now!!!!!!!

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-09-2009, 05:11 PM
It's official, Orton is on the way to a HOFer now!!!!!!!

Hey; if Blackledge can sweep the floors, who knows?:D

CupidStunt
08-09-2009, 05:18 PM
That is what the best DB in the game does.

Indeed. You'll see Asomugha owning Kyle Orton quite a bit this year.

Chief Faithful
08-09-2009, 05:23 PM
Yup. And it appears that the Broncos are approaching the 3-4 defense in the same failed way that the Jets, Browns, and Raiders did. They're going to try a shotgun approach. Rather than gradually transisting into that defense, they're trying to load the team up with a bunch of 3-4 guys that they can jam into the defense right away. Notice how the Broncos made a ton of acquisitions that would allow them to immediately run a 3-4.

The model hasn't worked too well in the past. And I think it's a mistake to let a 3-4 guy transist a 4-3 defense to a 3-4 defense. We know Nolan is a terrific coach when you get him good players to work with. It's yet to be seen if he can build it from scratch.

Based on last years performance I'm not sure how you can measure if they fail this year. Can they get worse?

kstater
08-09-2009, 05:23 PM

The best DB in the game made Orton over throw the pass?

The Bad Guy
08-09-2009, 05:36 PM

This isn't 2007 and Champ Bailey isn't even a top 5 corner anymore.

RINGLEADER
08-09-2009, 06:10 PM
I was saying Boo-urns...

chiefzilla1501
08-09-2009, 06:11 PM

If he isn't throwing a lot of INTs, then you can expect an 0-16 season.

Orton can't manage games when your defense gives up 30 points per game. And he can't settle for a punt when the defense can't stop anybody.

That was the plight of Cutler. He had to force a lot of throws because Denver could not afford to punt.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-09-2009, 06:22 PM
I was saying Boo-urns...

Does Cassel have a jet-pack on underneath his jersey there?

Gadzooks
08-09-2009, 07:07 PM

Would you say McDaniels offensive mind will showcase Orton's strong points? (As opposed to Shanahan's stunting of the shit armed Cutler).

Buehler445
08-09-2009, 07:38 PM
Indeed. You'll see Asomugha owning Kyle Orton quite a bit this year.

Not to hijack, but it really is too bad he plays for the Faid.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-09-2009, 07:41 PM
Not to hijack, but it really is too bad he plays for the Faid.

Yep. The thought of him and Flowers as starting Corners for KC gives me major wood.

Buehler445
08-09-2009, 07:44 PM
Yep. The thought of him and Flowers as starting Corners for KC gives me major wood.

The ABSURD thing is that he re-signed with them. They threw the BANK at him, but I wouldn't sign that shit. :shake:

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-09-2009, 07:53 PM
The ABSURD thing is that he re-signed with them. They threw the BANK at him, but I wouldn't sign that shit. :shake:

Maybe he cares more about the payday than winning.

Quesadilla Joe
08-10-2009, 04:10 AM
Orton responds with best practice of training camp

Nobody booed Kyle Orton on Sunday.

During a 7-on-7 pass coverage drill early in the Broncos' practice at training camp, Orton threw a ball 40 yards until it landed perfectly in Brandon Stokley's hands, much to the dismay of cornerback Jack Williams.

Later, during a full-team controlled scrimmage, Orton threw touchdown passes on four consecutive plays — to Daniel Graham down the right seam, Jabar Gaffney in the back of the end zone, Gaffney again on a touch pass just inside the goal line and Eddie Royal on a hook pattern.

Orton then zipped completions to Stokley and Tony Scheffler during the practice-ending, two- minute drill.

It was Orton's best practice as a Bronco.

"Training camp's a grind right now. But when you start seeing improvement on the field like that and you start clicking with your receivers, it makes it fun to get out here and get back to work," Orton said.

As the architect of the Broncos' new offensive system, coach Josh McDaniels is more critical than most. But even he smiled when asked about Orton's performance.

"There's still some things early in practice I wish we would have done better," McDaniels said. "But Kyle feels comfortable in this offense, and there's a lot of things that he does that will help our team win."

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_13027960?source=rss

beach tribe
08-10-2009, 06:53 AM
Damn, they burned Jack "the Truth" Williams?

Orton's on fiyah.

Saulbadguy
08-10-2009, 10:13 AM
HEY BRONCOS FANS

http://www.deadspin.com/sports/ortondrunk2.jpg

LaChapelle
08-10-2009, 10:20 AM
You can't be a Bronco QB if you don't abuse alcohol. Teabow needs a personality make over.

orange
08-10-2009, 10:25 AM
You can't be a Bronco QB if you don't abuse alcohol. Teabow needs a personality make over.

http://www.sdentertainer.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/fiddler.jpg

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-10-2009, 11:31 AM
Damn, they burned Jack "the Truth" Williams?

Orton's on fiyah.

:LOL:LMAO

OnTheWarpath15
08-10-2009, 11:46 AM
How awesome is this rivalry?

I mean, we're still a month from games that matter, and fans of two teams that might combine for 8 wins are talking smack to each other.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-10-2009, 12:45 PM
How awesome is this rivalry?

I mean, we're still a month from games that matter, and fans of two teams that might combine for 8 wins are talking smack to each other.

Piss on the donkeys! The hate will never die, and I will not rest until we have three Super Bowls under Pioli, just to make sure that the Donks never catch up from now until the end of time.

"So let it be written, so let it be done".

Quesadilla Joe
08-13-2009, 06:24 AM
http://www.bobgretz.com/chiefs-football/camp-practice-update-812-p-m.html

One group that’s struggling on the offensive side is the quarterbacks. Whether it’s Matt Cassel, or Brodie Croyle, or Tyler Thigpen there is no consistency out of that position. I’ll leave Matt Gutierrez out because he doesn’t get enough snaps.
http://i31.tinypic.com/2sb3hfn.gif

UsualSuspects
08-13-2009, 07:10 AM
Cutler's deepball wasn't much better. He very rarely hit WR's in stride on deep routes down the sideline. He doesn't put enough touch on it and can't drop the ball over defenders deep. He tried doing it at least 5 times against the Raiders and never completed one of them...

ROFL

UsualSuspects
08-13-2009, 07:24 AM

:doh!:

Mile High Mania
08-13-2009, 07:41 AM
I don't know much about this guy, but my guess is that he is young and much like many of us when we were younger... we'll stand loud and proud as we support our teams. He just hasn't been around long enough to be jaded by reality. :thumb:

I think Orton can do just fine in Denver this season - wouldn't expect "Cutler numbers from 2008", but they don't need that to win. They need that defense to find it's groove early and prove all the doubters wrong. If the defense can jump into the top 12-18 range - which is asking a lot - then that will tremendously help their cause. There are a lot of scary offenses on deck for this Broncos' defense, and if they can't keep the games respectable... it wouldn't matter if Denver had Peyton Manning behind center.

Two Critical Keys for Denver to have success in 2009:
1- Defensive Improvement
2- Consistent Production in the Rushing Game

#1 is the big question mark - they have a lot of new faces, new coaches and a new scheme.

#2 looks to be better off from the start in 2009 compared to 2008, but we just won't know until the season starts. The Oline is very solid, the RBs have a great mix of talent and options. The WRs have a lot of talent and with the TEs, there's a good mix of pass catching and run support.

So, if they can hit those 2 items... sure, they can have a good season. But, I've been through a few of these rodeos, much like many of you and I'm tempering my enthusiasm a bit until the season starts and we see what these guys can do. I'm ready for anything... 4 wins, 9 wins... I just want to see steady and consistent improvement with the goal being to bring a more sound and capable team to the field in 2010.

There's just too much change to expect it all to work out early enough to get a lot of wins... and did I mention the schedule? :D That's brutal.

@ Bengals / Browns / @ Oakland
Cowboys / Patriots / @ Chargers
BYE
@ Ravens / Steelers / @ Redskins / Chargers / Giants / @ Chiefs / @ Colts
Raiders / @ Eagles / Chiefs

The first 3 games could be "ok", wouldn't be shocked with 1-2 or 3-0. But, it gets ugly from there....

DaFace
08-13-2009, 07:53 AM
I don't know much about this guy, but my guess is that he is young and much like many of us when we were younger... we'll stand loud and proud as we support our teams. He just hasn't been around long enough to be jaded by reality. :thumb:

I think Orton can do just fine in Denver this season - wouldn't expect "Cutler numbers from 2008", but they don't need that to win. They need that defense to find it's groove early and prove all the doubters wrong. If the defense can jump into the top 12-18 range - which is asking a lot - then that will tremendously help their cause. There are a lot of scary offenses on deck for this Broncos' defense, and if they can't keep the games respectable... it wouldn't matter if Denver had Peyton Manning behind center.

1- Defensive Improvement

#1 is the big question mark - they have a lot of new faces, new coaches and a new scheme.

#2 looks to be better off from the start in 2009 compared to 2008, but we just won't know until the season starts. The Oline is very solid, the RBs have a great mix of talent and options. The WRs have a lot of talent and with the TEs, there's a good mix of pass catching and run support.

So, if they can hit those 2 items... sure, they can have a good season. But, I've been through a few of these rodeos, much like many of you and I'm tempering my enthusiasm a bit until the season starts and we see what these guys can do. I'm ready for anything... 4 wins, 9 wins... I just want to see steady and consistent improvement with the goal being to bring a more sound and capable team to the field in 2010.

There's just too much change to expect it all to work out early enough to get a lot of wins... and did I mention the schedule? :D That's brutal.

BYE

The first 3 games could be "ok", wouldn't be shocked with 1-2 or 3-0. But, it gets ugly from there....

Man, you spoil all the fun. You and your rational, well-though-out posts. :harumph:

ChiefJustice
08-13-2009, 07:54 AM

1- Defensive Improvement

BYE

KnowMo....this is how you conduct yourself on a rivals msg board.

MHM has been a stalwart here for sometime.

His site www.pigskinsanity.com (http://www.pigskinsanity.com/) helped me out in my FFL games because he tends to tell it how he sees it......from a non-homer perspective.

Mile High Mania
08-13-2009, 07:56 AM
Heh ... thanks. We've hit a 'speedbump' this year with the site. A few of the writers can't commit to the time this year, so there's 2 of us and we're both swamped with family and work. The content will be less this year unfortunately and I'm working now to clean up the home page. I just haven't been able to do anything with it... and it drives me crazy.

ChiefJustice
08-13-2009, 08:05 AM
You could always ask Mecca to help....

Broncofan7
08-13-2009, 10:35 AM
Piss on the donkeys! The hate will never die, and I will not rest until we have three Super Bowls under Pioli, just to make sure that the Donks never catch up from now until the end of time.

"So let it be written, so let it be done".

WHAT? Are you a quadruple amputee? Otherwise, even a chief's fan should be able to count on ONE FINGER the number of SB championship rings you own.......

Brock
08-13-2009, 10:50 AM
WHAT? Are you a quadruple amputee? Otherwise, even a chief's fan should be able to count on ONE FINGER the number of SB championship rings you own.......

Yeah, let's hear all about your dynasty of two.

Broncofan7
08-13-2009, 11:45 AM
Yeah, let's hear all about your dynasty of two.

I seem to remember a 14-10 game @ mullet-head on the road to our first SB victory...can you refresh my memory? :D

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-13-2009, 11:59 AM
I seem to remember a 14-10 game @ mullet-head on the road to our first SB victory...can you refresh my memory? :D

Oh look; a new Donko chew-toy has entered the building!

How's that deconstruction going? You and the other donkeys should march to Bowlen's office mob-style, and take his booze from him; he's on his way to being Al Davis' successor, and we like it!:evil:

InChiefsHeaven
08-13-2009, 12:42 PM

1- Defensive Improvement

BYE

Dammit. I hate intelligent Donk fans. Hate them I tell you...

Heh. It's always good to read your posts. You SURE you're a Donk fan? Any way we could pull you over from the dark side?:titus:

Mile High Mania
08-13-2009, 01:58 PM
Dammit. I hate intelligent Donk fans. Hate them I tell you...

Heh. It's always good to read your posts. You SURE you're a Donk fan? Any way we could pull you over from the dark side?:titus:

I only look good in Razorback red...

But, I do like Red & Yellow, mix it up and you have predominantly orange.

mdstu
08-15-2009, 08:41 AM
Orton was injured for that game. You need to watch the first 8 games from last year when he was playing really well. After he got injured Orton couldn't do anything but Shotgun passes and 3 step drops.

The Denver staff must be really good a concealing injuries. As I'm sure an injury could be the only reasonable excuse for throwing three picks in three drives last night. Or maybe the neck beard hasn't grown in thick enough yet.

kstater
08-15-2009, 12:48 PM

Are we including preseason INT's?

Johnny Vegas
08-15-2009, 01:12 PM
http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/9538/gob.gif

ka-ka ka-ka ka-ka ka-ka ka-ka ka-ka ka-ka ka-ka ka-ka!!!!!!!!

Pioli Zombie
08-15-2009, 03:35 PM
Here is the official Broncos coaches game film from last night!
www.doodie.com
Posted via Mobile Device

orange
08-15-2009, 05:55 PM
The Denver staff must be really good a concealing injuries. As I'm sure an injury could be the only reasonable excuse for throwing three picks in three drives last night. Or maybe the neck beard hasn't grown in thick enough yet.

You're actually onto something. He hasn't been wearing the beard.

orange
08-15-2009, 05:57 PM

You heard it here first.

Although, if he sucks again in the second game, I think the QB position will be wide open by game 3.