PDA

View Full Version : Football Let's rebuild DT's Third and Long page

Hammock Parties
08-07-2009, 03:54 PM
DT is going in the Hall of Fame.

There is NO REASON for his foundation's page to look like this:

http://thirdandlong.org/

http://i29.tinypic.com/adjgxu.jpg

Pestilence has already agreed to take a crack at rebuilding it and I've pitched in to offer help in any way I can (graphics etc). Anyone else want to help?

teedubya
08-07-2009, 03:54 PM
yeah that site is HORRIFIC.

Kyle DeLexus
08-07-2009, 03:55 PM
I'd love to help, just don't know how I'd be able to :)

Stewie
08-07-2009, 03:56 PM
Neil don't care.

Chiefs420
08-07-2009, 03:57 PM
Hey, new here.

Anyway, I work in the graphics dept at a print shop and would be happy to help. I've never done anything web related, but I do have CS4 (just the design standard) on my machine and use it daily. Anything I can do, just let me know.

Oh, and that site is GOD-AWFUL!

The Franchise
08-07-2009, 04:15 PM
Since it looks like they tried to keep the basis of this site pretty basic (and ugly)...I'm going to just stick with a basic CSS layout.

I'm going to probably be in need of high quality graphics and ideas from you guys.

Hammock Parties
08-07-2009, 04:15 PM
Since it looks like they tried to keep the basis of this site pretty basic (and ugly)...I'm going to just stick with a basic CSS layout.

I'm going to probably be in need of high quality graphics and ideas from you guys.

I'll make you a header graphic if you want.

The Franchise
08-07-2009, 04:16 PM

Sure....that would help.

Scorp
08-07-2009, 05:51 PM
Let me know if I can help any on the graphics.

The Franchise
08-07-2009, 06:07 PM
If anyone wants to make ANY graphics for the site......feel free. We can make this a Planet effort to rebuild the site.

Chazno
08-07-2009, 06:08 PM
Does anyone know a good freeware content management software. That may be the best way to go. That way it can look nice and they don't need any programming knowledge to update it.

Buck
08-07-2009, 06:10 PM
Did anyone ask them if it was okay to do this?

The Franchise
08-07-2009, 06:11 PM
Did anyone ask them if it was okay to do this?

It's common place for a person to rebuild a site and then show the company what it looks like. They don't have to use the site. They can even turn it down.....but it's up to them to do it. Considering that they're non-profit....they probably won't offer anything to use it. No big deal to me....I'd just use it for my portfolio anyways.

The Franchise
08-07-2009, 06:21 PM
Does anyone know a good freeware content management software. That may be the best way to go. That way it can look nice and they don't need any programming knowledge to update it.

I'm going to try and build the site so that it won't take them much to update. Shit...I'll stay on and update it for them if they want me to.

Kerberos
08-08-2009, 03:54 AM

Let me know if I can help any on the graphics.

I'm going to try and build the site so that it won't take them much to update. Shit...I'll stay on and update it for them if they want me to.

You guys are F***ing awesome. I can't think of a better way for the ChiefsPlanet memebers to show their support of DT during his HOF enshrinement year.

I would help guys but my knowledge of writing code or graphics is pretty non-existant.

But YOU guys ROCK. :thumb:

Rausch
08-08-2009, 05:00 AM
My first thought would be to scrub Neil from the front page...

Hammock Parties
08-08-2009, 05:01 AM
My first thought would be to scrub Neil from the front page...

He's the Chairman. ;)

Rausch
08-08-2009, 05:03 AM
He's the Chairman. ;)

My 2nd thought would be to fucking scrub Neil from the front page.