PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs What Chiefs Journalists, if any, do you respect? or hate.

TinyEvel
08-08-2009, 01:40 AM
I have previously posted about my anger towards Eileen Weir's ridiculous marathons of irrelevancy

I think she's gone, no?

As an out-of-towner, I get my Chiefs news from the web. I started following Kent Babb on Twitter and most of his tweets are gags, or he's drunk? (not sure) or he rips on Holthus.

What's the deal?

WHo is the biggest asshat reporter out there? Who's good?

08-08-2009, 01:43 AM
Gretz=bad
Boal=good

Hammock Parties
08-08-2009, 01:48 AM
I like them all. I hate it when Gretz and Whitlock get petty, though.

ChiefJustice
08-08-2009, 01:57 AM
Len Dawson will always get my vote as the best.

08-08-2009, 02:06 AM
Len Dawson will always get my vote as the best.I understand why people like him but he comes off as so arrogant at times it drives me nuts. I don't even like to listen to him on the radio anymore because he always talks like he could do it so much better. Oh, and he absolutely loves to state the obvious.

Hootie
08-08-2009, 02:13 AM
I like Whitlock/Gretz/JoPo...those are the guys that stand out to me.

teedubya
08-08-2009, 02:13 AM
I think Clayton Wendler is, by far, the best KC Chiefs Reposter.

ChiefJustice
08-08-2009, 02:19 AM
I understand why people like him but he comes off as so arrogant at times it drives me nuts. I don't even like to listen to him on the radio anymore because he always talks like he could do it so much better. Oh, and he absolutely loves to state the obvious.

C'mon...the guy was a reporter at the same time that he was a player.

If he comes across as arrogant(which I have never noticed) it's because
he played with and against some very special players in a very special era of
football.

I never listened to the radio broadcasts of games to hear Holthus or Harlan.I tuned in to hear Dawson tell it like it is...regardless...and maybe to hear Bill Grigsby get progressively drunker as the game went on.

KcMizzou
08-08-2009, 02:20 AM
I think it's unfair to judge a guy by his twats. (Ty Colbert)

Those are just random thoughts... that's the point of Twitter, right?

kysirsoze
08-08-2009, 02:35 AM
Len Dawson is the only Superbowl winning QB in Chiefs history. He can be as arrogant as he wants. I met him once. He was really nice, but if he had spit in my face and swiped my wallet I still would have asked for his autograph.

Ultra Peanut
08-08-2009, 03:38 AM
I respect JoPo and Wendler, booker man.

MoreLemonPledge
08-08-2009, 03:43 AM
Posnaski.

Skip Towne
08-08-2009, 06:54 AM
I think Clayton Wendler is, by far, the best KC Chiefs Reposter.

He's a good reposter alright but he seems to be just the least bit full of shit. Maybe it's just me.

JuicesFlowing
08-08-2009, 07:55 AM
Why does Babb hate Holthus?

Coogs
08-08-2009, 07:58 AM
Gretz is the best reporter for the Chiefs this year.

Mr. Arrowhead
08-08-2009, 07:59 AM
I understand why people like him but he comes off as so arrogant at times it drives me nuts. I don't even like to listen to him on the radio anymore because he always talks like he could do it so much better. Oh, and he absolutely loves to state the obvious.

thats because he is better

JuicesFlowing
08-08-2009, 08:00 AM

Which broadcaster doesn't state the obvious? For example, if an O-line is getting dominated by the opposing D-line, is the broadcaster supposed to come up with some other theory?

KcMizzou
08-08-2009, 08:05 AM
I don't hate any of them, but I don't care for Adam Tiecher or Roger Twibel. Everything from Tiecher is reshashed info you heard about days ago, and Twibel about as vanilla as they come.

The only things that seem to bring any life into him are talking about his golf game and his long lost BFF, Carl Peterson.

DaneMcCloud
08-08-2009, 08:58 AM
Gretz has done a very credible job this season, probably for the first time since Marty arrived.

The rest are complete and utter crap. Seriously, worthless drivel.

Follow Peter King & Don Banks on Twitter and check out http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/ for more comprehensive reports from around the league.

JuicesFlowing
08-08-2009, 09:00 AM
Gretz generally has his research down. I pretty much trust anything he writes.

GoHuge
08-08-2009, 10:51 AM
I think Petro does a nice job. Was the only guy at 810 that Peterson would do an interview with. Hosts the redzone show for the Chiefs. I think he's about as plugged in as you can get with this regime. Hosts the show but will slam them when they get stupid. I thought he was great up there this week. I believe Frank Boal will be there next week. Big fan of Frank. Big fan of JoePo. Whitlock's trash and ideas are old. Jack Harry is just old. Everyone on 610=FAIL

Mr. Arrowhead
08-08-2009, 10:57 AM
actually on 610 i have been starting to listen to Nick Wright, he not that bad, He broke the tyson jackson signing

Uncle_Ted
08-08-2009, 11:41 AM
I think a lot of Len's "arrogance" during radio broadcasts is just him doing what a good color man is supposed to do ... tell me what I can't see. If I'm only listening, I can't make an independent judgment that the QB made a poor throw or misread the defense, the RB missed a hole, the line play is sloppy, the wrong personnel were in, etc.

The other thing to keep in mind is that he can't assume his audience is made up solely of football experts. He has to make sure the game is accessible to the casual fan as well.

KCUnited
08-08-2009, 11:47 AM
actually on 610 i have been starting to listen to Nick Wright, he not that bad, He broke the tyson jackson signing
Nick was all over the Jackson signing and I liked listening too him until he started Lobbying for Pioli to keep Herm for another year.

I can say that I hat Neil Jones.

Buehler445
08-08-2009, 12:09 PM

Eh. I don't know. My dad always got pissed off because he would say "You" have to do this and "You" have to do that. I don't know why it bothered him so much. I think this is the same type of thing. He's just giving information.

Mojo Jojo
08-08-2009, 12:15 PM
Gretz = Best connections in KC and around the NFL.
Boal = Retired
JoPo & Whitlock = NOT Journalists...columnists. Two different things.
Petro = hardest working guy in KC. He cares about his final product.
Nick Wright = Hack. Guy is 1/4 step above Nick A.
Jack = Angry old man.

DaneMcCloud
08-08-2009, 12:20 PM

Actually, I don't even understand that. Yes, he QB'd the only Chiefs Superbowl in franchise history.

But that doesn't make him a good reporter or color man.

I LOVED he and Nick on HBO's Inside the NFL. HBO was foolish to let them both go.

But on the radio on gameday? Not so much.

BigOlChiefsfan
10-11-2009, 10:12 AM
I was happy to see Frank Boal on today's pregame show on local CBS.

milkman
10-11-2009, 10:17 AM
Gretz has done a very credible job this season, probably for the first time since Marty arrived.

The rest are complete and utter crap. Seriously, worthless drivel.

Follow Peter King & Don Banks on Twitter and check out http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/ for more comprehensive reports from around the league.

I'm not all that familiar with Banks' work, but Peter King is a ****ing moron.