PDA

View Full Version : Football New York Jets: Are they happy with their decision?

KCChiefsMan
08-09-2009, 01:03 AM
Lets see, Carl Peterson traded the 2006 4th round pick for coach Herm Edwards. With that pick they drafted Leon Washington, he's one of the better returners in the game and made a pro bowl.

The Jets have to be the biggest Carl Peterson fans after that trade, they got rid of a terrible coach and got a pro bowler in return. Leon Washington is actually my big sleeper fantasy football pick this season. I think he gets more carries than Thomas Jones and has a great season rushing the ball.

This is just a reminder that no matter what happens this year, it's still the best off-season that the KC Chiefs have seen in decades for one simple fact. Carl Peterson is gone.

Pioli couldn't have it any better right now, he took over a team that seriously couldn't have gotten any worse. I think he hired the right coach in Todd Haley, but of course, time will tell. But right now, I feel pretty good about the future of this ball club.

MMXcalibur
08-09-2009, 01:13 AM
Ok.

RealSNR
08-09-2009, 01:16 AM
Hello analysis on the Carl Peterson firing! You're late by only 8 months. But please do come in.

KCChiefsMan
08-09-2009, 01:29 AM
Hello analysis on the Carl Peterson firing! You're late by only 8 months. But please do come in.

haven't heard ANY talk about the Leon Washington reference though.

teedubya
08-09-2009, 03:03 AM
look back in teh archives about 8 months....

but yeah, KC wouldn't have drafted Leon Washington there... We would have picked up a Terdell Siavii or a Craphonso Bigfoot or something.

milkman
08-09-2009, 05:02 AM

You may be right about Thomas Jones losing carries, but they'll be lost to Shonne Green, not to Leon Washington.

LaChapelle
08-09-2009, 06:15 AM
Richard Nixon is dead

Mecca
08-09-2009, 11:39 AM
If you want to talk about retardation..

They're going to have Jim Leonhard do punts this year not Washington. That makes me shake my head in disbelief.

Sure-Oz
08-09-2009, 11:41 AM
Lets see, Carl Peterson traded the 2006 4th round pick for coach Herm Edwards. With that pick they drafted Leon Washington, he's one of the better returners in the game and made a pro bowl.

The Jets have to be the biggest Carl Peterson fans after that trade, they got rid of a terrible coach and got a pro bowler in return. Leon Washington is actually my big sleeper fantasy football pick this season. I think he gets more carries than Thomas Jones and has a great season rushing the ball.

This is just a reminder that no matter what happens this year, it's still the best off-season that the KC Chiefs have seen in decades for one simple fact. Carl Peterson is gone.

Pioli couldn't have it any better right now, he took over a team that seriously couldn't have gotten any worse. I think he hired the right coach in Todd Haley, but of course, time will tell. But right now, I feel pretty good about the future of this ball club.

Great timing about Carl, considering he made an awesome speech last night about DT, i think its really time to leave well enough alone, esp after that...just embrace the new era, yesterday was a closure of sorts of the chiefs i grew up with.

SAUTO
08-09-2009, 12:34 PM
Great timing about Carl, considering he made an awesome speech last night about DT, i think its really time to leave well enough alone, esp after that...just embrace the new era, yesterday was a closure of sorts of the chiefs i grew up with.

yep.

Ebolapox
08-09-2009, 12:41 PM
I thought this was another mark sanchez thread.

JuicesFlowing
08-09-2009, 12:50 PM

Agree. Just as I said yesterday, I have no problem with Carl giving the speech, but I don't want to see his face anymore.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-09-2009, 06:37 PM
I thought this was another mark sanchez thread.

Well, let's fire it up for shits and giggles! Kellen Clemens might as well be Thigpen or Croyle. He's been in that system for four years, and Sanchez is making him look like just another drafted rookie in their competition.

Seriously, Clemens should have by all rights cleaned Mark's clock, but it just isn't going down like that. Clemens did get the tag to start the first preseason game, but I view that as more of an investment move on the part of Rex Ryan than anything else.
Clemens had the edge when camp started, but he's been playing real conservative as of last week and as a result; he's not making anything happen on the practice field.

Barring an Alien Abduction, Sanchez will be the starter for the Jets when the regular season kicks in.

KcMizzou
08-09-2009, 06:45 PM
Great timing about Carl, considering he made an awesome speech last night about DT, i think its really time to leave well enough alone, esp after that...just embrace the new era, yesterday was a closure of sorts of the chiefs i grew up with.Well said.

The future does seem a lot brighter...

Buehler445
08-09-2009, 07:42 PM

You canNOT be serious.

It's been brought up, hashed, re-hashed, re-rehashed, reposted, beat a dead horse, ran into the ground, and every fucking thing else.

FFS PLEASE stop talking about Carl and Squirmin Herman.

EyePod
08-09-2009, 08:24 PM
Agree. Just as I said yesterday, I have no problem with Carl giving the speech, but I don't want to see his face anymore.

I felt oily and smelled lots of leather after watching that speech....

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-09-2009, 08:52 PM
You canNOT be serious.

It's been brought up, hashed, re-hashed, re-rehashed, reposted, beat a dead horse, ran into the ground, and every fucking thing else.

FFS PLEASE stop talking about Carl and Squirmin Herman.

I took a pre-game Herm; it felt awesome.:D