PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink --frozen White-Castles?

Simply Red
08-10-2009, 11:58 AM
do they suffice?

Saulbadguy
08-10-2009, 11:59 AM
no

CoMoChief
08-10-2009, 11:59 AM
they're gross. do not compare to the drive thru crave cases that I dearly love when I'm high (on life). :)

Now, anyone ever have White Castle burger stuffing? OMG that shit is gooooooooood.

Stewie
08-10-2009, 12:00 PM
They're in our vending machines at work. Reviews have been poor.

Simply Red
08-10-2009, 12:01 PM
They're in our vending machines at work. Reviews have been poor.

LMAO

Stewie
08-10-2009, 12:09 PM
LMAO

Yeah. Our vending vendors (huh?) have gone upscale. We even have Schwan's vending machines. I've heard the food is good, but I refuse to pay $5 for a lasagna entree when I can walk 1/2 block to Mr. Goodcents, etc.

Baby Lee
08-10-2009, 12:12 PM
If they're fresh, they're a decent facsimile. I've run into innumerable problems with them getting freezer burn and coming out very stiff.
Probably the best way to get good results is to set them over a steampot for a while.

wild1
08-10-2009, 12:14 PM
it's not like the ones from the actual restaurant are lovingly prepared in conditions fit for surgery and fried in the fat of a spring red heifer

seclark
08-10-2009, 12:14 PM
i won't eat them any way at all.

the wife buys them every once in awhile for my uncle and he eats them. he says they're all right, but they don't have any lettuce on them. the picture on the box shows lettuce.
sec

Stewie
08-10-2009, 12:17 PM
If they're fresh, they're a decent facsimile. I've run into innumerable problems with them getting freezer burn and coming out very stiff.
Probably the best way to get good results is to set them over a steampot for a while.

I've only eaten WC once and didn't like it, but isn't steam involved in the cooking process in their stores?

Slainte
08-10-2009, 12:19 PM

the wife buys them every once in awhile for my uncle and he eats them. he says they're all right, but they don't have any lettuce on them. the picture on the box shows lettuce.
sec

You want a frozen burger to come with lettuce on it? I think one is supposed to put the lechuga on after the reheating process...

Simply Red
08-10-2009, 12:21 PM

sec

lol, tell him that that is the garnish (which it is)

regardless, that is funny.

Simply Red
08-10-2009, 12:22 PM
I've only eaten WC once and didn't like it, but isn't steam involved in the cooking process in their stores?

yeah, they'll let the bun sorta steam over the O's and burgers.

They're MUCH better fresh. But, I can get them fairly close to 'fresh' via frozen.

seclark
08-10-2009, 12:26 PM
You want a frozen burger to come with lettuce on it? I think one is supposed to put the lechuga on after the reheating process...

like i said, i won't eat the belly-bombs at all.

my uncle is like 82 years old, and thinks that the pic on the outside of the box should be exactly what's inside the box.

dude eats peanut butter and onions for breakfast too. i check on him every morning before i come to work and always leave gagging.
sec

Slainte
08-10-2009, 12:28 PM
yeah, they'll let the bun sorta steam over the O's and burgers.

They're MUCH better fresh. But, I can get them fairly close to 'fresh' via frozen.

IIRC, you can Google-search & find a whole sub-directory devoted to tip, tricks and etc., to re-create the WC phenom at home.

Buck
08-10-2009, 12:29 PM
What is this, fatchatter?

Simply Red
08-10-2009, 12:30 PM
IIRC, you can Google-search & find a whole sub-directory devoted to tip, tricks and etc., to re-create the WC phenom at home.

hilarious, too funny, i bet you are correct, though. lol

Baby Lee
The lay a bed of diced onions down on the grill and the 'patties' are steamed by laying them on top of the onions, so they get onion flavoring through them, then they put a bit of the cooked diced onions on the bun.

Slainte
dude eats peanut butter and onions for breakfast too. i check on him every morning before i come to work and always leave gagging.
sec

Gettin all his protein & cholesterol preventative before the Regis Show comes on...pretty wise.

JuicesFlowing
08-10-2009, 01:12 PM
I've never been to White Castle, which is pretty sad, since I live in the city that it allegedly originated in. In fact, are there even WC's in the entire Midwest?

Stewie
08-10-2009, 01:27 PM
I've never been to White Castle, which is pretty sad, since I live in the city that it allegedly originated in. In fact, are there even WC's in the entire Midwest?

There was a WC in Shawnee, KS where I live, but it lasted about two years. I thought their product was amateurish, but some people like it.

Skip Towne
08-10-2009, 01:28 PM
I've never tried the frozen but they aren't too whippy fresh.

KCChiefsMan
08-10-2009, 01:29 PM
ya I bought some of those, they get all soggy if you microwave them. Not good.

Huffman83
08-10-2009, 02:30 PM
Frozen? It's a methadone of sorts. One has to just make the trek to Wentzville (closest I have to me.) It's the whitest White Castle.

They've never had many black people working there....therefore it suffers. Whitey's needs sould...in order to be super bad.

Saulbadguy
08-10-2009, 02:36 PM
Frozen? It's a methadone of sorts. One has to just make the trek to Wentzville (closest I have to me.) It's the whitest White Castle.

They've never had many black people working there....therefore it suffers. Whitey's needs sould...in order to be super bad.

I've gone to the Wentzville one - also the closest to me (4 hours away)

The Franchise
08-10-2009, 02:40 PM
Never had one.....

gblowfish
08-10-2009, 02:45 PM
White Castle is Alpo smothered in Onions.
No thanks.

Predarat
08-10-2009, 02:58 PM
Krystal > WC

Frozen WCs are NASTY!!!

RJ
08-10-2009, 02:58 PM
like i said, i won't eat the belly-bombs at all.

my uncle is like 82 years old, and thinks that the pic on the outside of the box should be exactly what's inside the box.

sec

Peanut butter, onions and frozen White Castles.....The three keys to longevity.

Who knew?