PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs What area(s) are you keying in on this weekend vs Houston?

MMXcalibur
08-10-2009, 02:54 PM
Is there any position/situation you'll be keeping an eye on more intently when Kansas City plays Houston this weekend?

Personally, after hearing about the receivers dropping so many passes in practice, I'll probably be paying more attention to how well the receivers handle themselves and who can hold on to the damn ball.

I doubt Tyson Jackson will be up to speed by this weekend, but I'll be seeing how he does regardless. Quarterback pressure will also be a point of interest for..well...obvious reasons.

Also, I'll probably hope for a few stalled drives just to see how Ryan Succop performs. He can boot all the 58 yard field goals he wants in practice, but I'm hoping to see that translate to a game-situation...regardless if it's preseason.

I'm quite sure we'll all be watching over the entire roster intently, but which areas are you more focused in on?

DaFace
08-10-2009, 02:59 PM
I'll be watching the lines. We have question marks all over, but the performance of the lines will have a pretty significant impact on our overall performance this year IMO.

CoMoChief
08-10-2009, 03:02 PM
In the trenches, Cassell and his WR's, the kickoffs and FG from the rookie kicker, LB play and stop the mother ****ing bootleg for crying out ****ing loud.

Mr_Tomahawk
08-10-2009, 03:03 PM
Playcalling....

TRR
08-10-2009, 03:04 PM
Just watching for nobody to get hurt. The first preseason game is a cluster of terrible plays, blocks, INT's, tackles, etc...

I can nearly guarantee that KC will look rough. There won't be many positives to take away from it IMHO. I hope I'm wrong...
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Krab
08-10-2009, 03:05 PM
I'll be watching the lines. We have question marks all over, but the performance of the lines will have a pretty significant impact on our overall performance this year IMO.Yep, the lines and just general team discipline and effort.

Hammock Parties
08-10-2009, 03:05 PM
RT and Hali concern me the most.

ModSocks
08-10-2009, 03:06 PM
I wanna see How Tamba and turk make the transition. I'll be paying close attention to the lines, especially the D-Line.

rockymtnchief
08-10-2009, 03:06 PM
Both OT's and the new D-line.

KCUnited
08-10-2009, 03:08 PM
The running game, both sides of the ball.

BigVE
08-10-2009, 03:09 PM
Cassel. WR's. O-line. D-line. LB's. Kicker.

Micjones
08-10-2009, 03:10 PM
Offensive Line, WR's, LB's (in that order).
Not expecting much from the D-Line since Jackson just joined them, but I will be watching Magee...

The Franchise
08-10-2009, 03:10 PM
I'll be paying attention to how our time outs are being used.

OnTheWarpath15
08-10-2009, 03:12 PM
I'll be paying attention to how our time outs are being used.

LMAO

Halfcan
08-10-2009, 03:14 PM
I'll be watching the lines. We have question marks all over, but the performance of the lines will have a pretty significant impact on our overall performance this year IMO.

yep that is what I was thinking-if we get pushed around the whole game-that is NOT a good sign at all.

MGRS13
08-10-2009, 03:23 PM
Any word on a blackout? It will suck to sit down and watch this game and then find out its not even on TV.

DaneMcCloud
08-10-2009, 03:24 PM
Attitude.

The product is going to suck balls.

I just hope the players aren't moping.

Mr. Arrowhead
08-10-2009, 03:25 PM
Any word on a blackout? It will suck to sit down and watch this game and then find out its not even on TV.

blackouts dont apply to preseason

MGRS13
08-10-2009, 03:26 PM
blackouts dont apply to preseason

Jacksonville preseason games are blacked out SD is telling its fans to prepare for preseason blackouts. Why wouldnt this rule be applied to us?

Mr. Arrowhead
08-10-2009, 03:27 PM
Jacksonville preseason games are blacked out SD is telling its fans to prepare for preseason blackouts. Why wouldnt this rule be applied to us?
in the past it hasnt

MGRS13
08-10-2009, 03:28 PM
aguars' preseason games to be blacked out
Sporting News staff reports
Comments (2)More
Thursday, Jul. 16, 2009 - 11:28 a.m. ET
If Jacksonville Jaguars fans want to see their team play at home during the preseason, they might want to purchase tickets instead of relying on television.
The team's two home games — Aug. 22 against Tampa Bay and Sept. 3 against Washington — are not expected to sell out, ESPN.com reports, and cannot be aired live locally under the league's blackout rules.
Jacksonville's preseason broadcast partner, WTEV, decided along with the franchise that the games will not be produced on a tape-delayed broadcast.
"The cost to produce the game is exactly the same whether it's in prime time or on tape delay at 11 or midnight," WTEV general manager Jeff Whitson told the website. "From a recouping-our-costs standpoint, advertisers are not going to get the same value and can't be charged the same. The economics of the game's whole plan change except for the expenses."
Jaguars fans can see the games days later via the NFL Network.
Whitson told the website he hopes the team, which has sold somewhere between 35,000 and 40,000 season tickets, avoids regular-season blackouts. "They don't want this to be perceived as a ploy to sell tickets. It's the reality of the business."

Hammock Parties
08-10-2009, 03:29 PM
Attitude.

The product is going to suck balls.

I just hope the players aren't moping.

ROFL

Oh, Dane.

What WILL YOU DO if the Chiefs are a decent team this year?

DaneMcCloud
08-10-2009, 03:32 PM
ROFL

Oh, Dane.

What WILL YOU DO if the Chiefs are a decent team this year?

You and Barry's Koolaid are one in the same I take it?

Old Dog
08-10-2009, 03:35 PM
I learned something today. I didn't think blackouts applied to preseason either.
Thanks MGRS13

I still haven't decided if I'm willing to drive 2 1/2 hours for a meaningless preseason game. I have in the past a few times, but am leaning heavily toward "no".

Titty Meat
08-10-2009, 03:35 PM
I want Tyson Jackson to put the inbred hick Boomer Grigsby on his talentless ass.

MGRS13
08-10-2009, 03:39 PM
I learned something today. I didn't think blackouts applied to preseason either.
Thanks MGRS13

I still haven't decided if I'm willing to drive 2 1/2 hours for a meaningless preseason game. I have in the past a few times, but am leaning heavily toward "no".

Really I didnt think they did either but then I read about the Jags and bolts prepairing their fans for the worst. If the chiefs are not close to selling out this game they seem to be keeping it quiet. If this game isnt on tv a lot of fans are going to be surprised.

CoMoChief
08-10-2009, 03:42 PM
I wanna see How Tamba and turk make the transition. I'll be paying close attention to the lines, especially the D-Line.

I don't see how Turk is not a 3-4 DE. Isn't he 285-290 lb range? He's a tweener both inside and out.

Just Passin' By
08-10-2009, 03:49 PM
I'd focus on:

how Dorsey looks transitioning to the 3-4
Does Thomas look comfortable playing with Johnson
Mike Brown's speed off the snap
The potential trainwreck at tight end for a need to add another to compete

Those seem more likely to be answered in week one than O-line play, rookie D-linemen success and the like.

-King-
08-10-2009, 03:52 PM
The right side of the O-line - Cassel - OLBs - WRs - Tyler vs. Edwards.

CupidStunt
08-10-2009, 03:55 PM
Front seven, basically. Some specific guys like Cassel and Lawrence, too.

LaChapelle
08-10-2009, 04:06 PM
Haley's temper and Dorsey.

Inspecta101
08-10-2009, 05:13 PM
Of course Ill be interested to see who starts in every position, but I have to admit after reading comments from the Tweet on KC star I will be watching the WR core and see who's going to start and who's getting the job done......

-King-
08-10-2009, 05:14 PM
Haley's temper and Dorsey.

Lmao if someone jumps offsides, Haley will stop the game and have all the players run a lap around the stadium.

Hammock Parties
08-10-2009, 05:49 PM
You and Barry's Koolaid are one in the same I take it?

lol

No.

I just don't think we're going to be 3-13 like you do.

7-9 is within reach...

KCrockaholic
08-10-2009, 05:52 PM
Im focusing on everything. How could you not? This is a totally different team now with very different players. Everything needs to be evaluated.

DaneMcCloud
08-10-2009, 05:53 PM
lol

No.

I just don't think we're going to be 3-13 like you do.

7-9 is within reach...

Yeah, it's "within reach".

In 2010.