PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Todd Haley is a mother****ing prick 8/11/09

Pages : [1] 2

LaChapelle
08-11-2009, 05:13 PM
While the team was working on late game defensive situations, Head Coach Todd Haley tricked the defense. After an incomplete pass, Haley turned to the defense with his hands in the form of a “T,” signaling for them to call a timeout. The entire defense immediately erupted in calls for a timeout. Haley then yelled at them for trying to call a timeout after an incompletion.

-UWRF

The Franchise
08-11-2009, 05:13 PM
ROFL

big nasty kcnut
08-11-2009, 05:16 PM
He our motherfucking prick. Good mental exercise.
Posted via Mobile Device

Micjones
08-11-2009, 05:17 PM
Wow... That's basic stuff fellas.
Hilarious though.

Hammock Parties
08-11-2009, 05:18 PM
http://i30.tinypic.com/25jfg4m.gif

Huffman83
08-11-2009, 05:20 PM
While the team was working on late game defensive situations, Head Coach Todd Haley tricked the defense. After an incomplete pass, Haley turned to the defense with his hands in the form of a “T,” signaling for them to call a timeout. The entire defense immediately erupted in calls for a timeout. Haley then yelled at them for trying to call a timeout after an incompletion.

-UWRF

.....................................LMAO

Mr. Kotter
08-11-2009, 05:21 PM
Any player fooled by that...deserves whatever shit they get.

Any fan who thinks this makes Haley a prick....is a fuggin' pussy. Become a soccer fan. :rolleyes:

wasi
08-11-2009, 05:21 PM
From Haley's Q&A - 8/10

Q: As for special teams and those situations, did you get a little frustrated today with some guys knowing their responsibilities?

HALEY: “Yeah, I was definitely frustrated. I didn’t think you guys would notice. The situation is again what I’ve said: I want a mentally and physically tough team that’s smart, specifically situation smart and the game these days is almost all situations. You’re either coming out (of the endzone), you’re in the Red Zone, it’s two-minute (situation), it’s the end of the half, it’s short yardage, it’s goal line, it’s four-minute. The game is made up of a lot of situations. In order to be a smart team you have to know what’s going on, you have to understand the situation and you almost have to do it without coaching. So today was a lot less coaching to see what they know. There were a handful of them that it was clear to me that had not studied and stayed up on the situation. So, yeah, I was upset about that.”

Good news is Haley has lots of time left in camp to test these guys.

Mecca
08-11-2009, 05:23 PM

Any fan who thinks this makes Haley a prick....is a fuggin' pussy. Become a soccer fan. :rolleyes:

All I'm going to say is a good friend of mine is a Cowboys fan and he was telling me about Haley years ago when he was there....

Titty Meat
08-11-2009, 05:24 PM
All I'm going to say is a good friend of mine is a Cowboys fan and he was telling me about Haley years ago when he was there....

Yup we haven't had a coach like that since Gutnehr :D

Mecca
08-11-2009, 05:26 PM
Yup we haven't had a coach like that since Gutnehr :D

Most of the convo's were basically about how the players hated him, I believe at 1 point Terrell Owens nearly punched him in the face.

Mr. Krab
08-11-2009, 05:27 PM
He wants the players to think and just not follow blindly, even if it's him. I like it.

Huffman83
08-11-2009, 05:27 PM
Most of the convo's were basically about how the players hated him, I believe at 1 point Terrell Owens nearly punched him in the face.

I'm sure they would hate losing more than they'd hate Haley.

Halfcan
08-11-2009, 05:28 PM
this is pretty awesome-sorry but we have had some bonehead dumb players on our teams the last few years.

This kind of stuff saves games.

Hoover
He's just breaking them of Herm's bad habits

I love this guy.

I will Follow!

Titty Meat

T.O hasn't gotten along with any coaches though. It's good if the players hate him. They all loved Herm and it won them 2 games.

orange
08-11-2009, 05:30 PM
He wants the players to think and just not follow blindly, even if it's him. I like it.

Right... because ignoring the coach is a positive, now. :rolleyes:

I'm going to go out on a limb, here, and say this was done for laughs.

Mecca
08-11-2009, 05:30 PM
T.O hasn't gotten along with any coaches though. It's good if the players hate him. They all loved Herm and it won them 2 games.

It depends what level it is.

Basically the things that came out of Dallas were they had to get rid of him. It wasn't just TO, Crayton didn't like him basically none of the players he worked with wanted to be around him anymore.

I would hope he's learned a bit of tact sense then you can't make the entire team resent you.

unothadeal
08-11-2009, 05:32 PM
It would make more sense for him to do that to the offense.

chief52
Just a little mental exercise. I am sure they all learned and know what he was getting at... Good coaching.

Titty Meat

Basically the things that came out of Dallas were they had to get rid of him. It wasn't just TO, Crayton didn't like him basically none of the players he worked with wanted to be around him anymore.

I would hope he's learned a bit of tact sense then you can't make the entire team resent you.

I'm not sure if Dallas is a good example, really that whole team is a waste of talent. Wade Phillips is a players coach and they couldn't even win 1 game when they needed to make the playoffs. I see your point though, the same thing was said about Coughlin too. Really it's up to the players.

Baby Lee
08-11-2009, 05:33 PM
He also is pissed at them because he didn't say "Todd says call a timeout."

Hammock Parties
08-11-2009, 05:33 PM
It would make more sense for him to do that to the offense.

The defense has to call timeouts when trying to get the ball back.

Haley needs to yell at you, it seems. :)

KCrockaholic
08-11-2009, 05:34 PM
Hahaha, Thats Awesome! I dont know too many coaches who would try to pull that move on their team.

MahiMike
08-11-2009, 05:35 PM
I love this guy! We may not win a lot of games this year but it won't be from stupid mistakes.

Mecca
08-11-2009, 05:35 PM
I'm not sure if Dallas is a good example, really that whole team is a waste of talent. Wade Phillips is a players coach and they couldn't even win 1 game when they needed to make the playoffs. I see your point though, the same thing was said about Coughlin too. Really it's up to the players.

Crayton was then asked about the new coaching change and how it’s going with the wide receivers. Crayton then proceeded to unload on former position coach Todd Haley – not by name – but he said they now have a position coach that will allow the players to do their jobs. He continued that it felt like they always had someone looking over their shoulders last year and compared it to having a very uptight manager at your work and how that would make you unhappy. He said he sometimes dreaded coming to Valley Ranch in that atmosphere.

He was asked about new position coach Ray Sherman and he said that Sherman had experience and a good way of imparting that knowledge to the players, he also noted that he doesn’t use cuss words which was a big difference from the previous position coach. He said players would start blocking out the old coach because of all the cussing, but they respect what new coach Ray Sherman is doing.

Titty Meat
08-11-2009, 05:39 PM
Crayton was then asked about the new coaching change and how it’s going with the wide receivers. Crayton then proceeded to unload on former position coach Todd Haley – not by name – but he said they now have a position coach that will allow the players to do their jobs. He continued that it felt like they always had someone looking over their shoulders last year and compared it to having a very uptight manager at your work and how that would make you unhappy. He said he sometimes dreaded coming to Valley Ranch in that atmosphere.

He was asked about new position coach Ray Sherman and he said that Sherman had experience and a good way of imparting that knowledge to the players, he also noted that he doesn’t use cuss words which was a big difference from the previous position coach. He said players would start blocking out the old coach because of all the cussing, but they respect what new coach Ray Sherman is doing.

Haha they would block out the cuss words? I don't know man the Cowboys have alot of talent and it sounds like alot of scapegoating. It's not like Craytons numbers were that much better after Haley left anyway.

Mr. Kotter

Of course, a coach should strike a balance. Being tough, demanding, and in-your-face has its place; so does....establishing rapport and a good working relationship with players. The two approaches are not mutually exclusive.

A coach who TO has problems with? Heh....most have. We've been far too much on the coddle and walk on egg shells and being a "player's coach" side of this shit for far too long.

A little tough love never hurts real men; only insecure prima donna shit-for-brains types who can't have their egos challenged by anyone.

If the players can't take some of this crap, ship their sorry asses somewhere else. I guarantee this is not ALL there is to Haley....so it's time for some of the boys to grow up a bit.

Marcellus

Yup, and Ray Sherman made one hell of a difference for them. How many pro-bowl receivers has Dallas had since then? How many has Arizona had since then?
You make the same point every other fucking thread. We know you have concerns about Haley's coaching style. We, KNOW.

Titty Meat
08-11-2009, 05:41 PM
To be fair I don't think Mecca is really trying to argue about Haley he is just pointing out that players in the past didn't like Haley.

Mr. Kotter
08-11-2009, 05:43 PM
To be fair I don't think Mecca is really trying to argue about Haley he is just pointing out that players in the past didn't like Haley.

I'd be willing to bet there are as many players who DID like Haley (as did not; ) cherry-picking comments from a couple of panzy-assed prima donna types doesn't prove anything except that some player never grow the fugg up....and just do the damn job they are being paid very well to do.

MMXcalibur
08-11-2009, 05:43 PM
Haha, wow....I wish I were a fly on the wall during that ass chewing.

Basileus777
08-11-2009, 05:44 PM

Not to mention that TO and Crayton are both overly sensitive cancers.

Titty Meat
08-11-2009, 05:45 PM
I'd be willing to bet there are as many players who DID like Haley (as did not;) cherry-picking comments from a couple of panzy-assed prima donna types doesn't prove anything except that some player never grow the fugg up....and just do the damn job they are being paid to do.

Yea one thing thats probably for sure though is Haley won't be the coach for more or then 4 or 5 seasons. Parcells didn't stay at one place and most of his other coaches don't either because the style of coaching.

Chiefaholic
08-11-2009, 05:45 PM
Todd Haley is just what this team needs. Some people call him an asshole, I consider him a smart coach who knows how to get the best out of his players. He doesn't treat a probowler any better than an undrafted rookie free agent. If you're getting paid millions of dollars to do a job, you BETTER be damn good at it. If you make a mental error, he's not just going to ignore it and let you continue to make the same mistake (aka the Herminator). If you're going to play for the Chiefs, you better be fundamantally sound, know the damn playbook, and make intelligent decisions when different scenarios call for it. If your incapable of this, GET THE F*** OFF MY TEAM!!!! I'm sick to death of mediocracy and teams that are undisciplined and bad coached.

Mr. Kotter
08-11-2009, 05:47 PM
Yea one thing thats probably for sure though is Haley won't be the coach for more or then 4 or 5 seasons. Parcells didn't stay at one place and most of his other coaches don't either because the style of coaching.

Eh, maybe; maybe not, hard asses usually realize the psychology of what we are discussing here....and they adjust, and adapt. The Giants coach Coughlin, and others, have seemed to pull it off.

I think Haley is a quick study, and may be already aware of the need for balance.

ChiefsFan4Life
08-11-2009, 05:47 PM
That is awesome

unothadeal
08-11-2009, 05:48 PM
The defense has to call timeouts when trying to get the ball back.

Haley needs to yell at you, it seems. :)

If the offense is throwing the ball they probably aren't trying to kill the clock.

Marcellus
08-11-2009, 05:51 PM

Parcells coached the Giants for 8 years which is longer than average.

Caughlin is in his 5th year and is under contract for 2 more. 7 years would be longer than average.

It all depends on the level of success. He wins he stays, he doesn't he don't.

Got diddly shit to do with coaching style.

Mecca
08-11-2009, 05:51 PM
Eh, maybe; maybe not, hard asses usually realize the psychology of what we are discussing here....and they adjust, and adapt. The Giants coach Coughlin, and others, have seemed to pull it off.

I think Haley is a quick study, and may be already aware of the need for balance.

Coughlin is really toned down from his Jacksonville days where he was let go at the end because the entire team basically had a mutiny saying they would no longer play for him.

Coogs
08-11-2009, 05:52 PM
I watched the Cassel interview on NFLNetworks Total Access about a half an hour ago. When asked to compare his previous coaches and Haley, Cassel said Haley and BB are very similar.

the Talking Can
08-11-2009, 05:54 PM
how dare he

i'll be super pissed if any of our players are unhappy

Ultra Peanut
08-11-2009, 05:57 PM
This guy is fucking insane.

I kind of like it.

DTLB58
08-11-2009, 05:57 PM
What was just as funny-

Monday at afternoon practice when we were there some Brodie Croyle Fans there and they hung up a Brodie fans 4 ever banner on the fence.

Afrer awhile they took the banner down, shortly after that Brodie threw a pick and Haley then yelled out " Hey Brodie, They took your banner down" :D

Freaking awesome IMO, I was LMAO.

This guy was Bill Parcells Jr both practices I was there and I LOVE it!

MGRS13
08-11-2009, 05:58 PM
Coughlin is really toned down from his Jacksonville days where he was let go at the end because the entire team basically had a mutiny saying they would no longer play for him.

because mosy kids these days between 21 and 27 yrs of age are a bunch of pussies. Sorry to put it so blunt but its true.

Mecca
08-11-2009, 05:58 PM
I don't care that he's being an ass, I do care if it makes some of the players that we need to be part of the future resent him and not want to play here anymore.

Mecca
08-11-2009, 05:59 PM
because mosy kids these days between 21 and 27 yrs of age are a bunch of pussies. Sorry to put it so blunt but its true.

You have to know what you're working with...like it or not you can not make an entire team hate your guts.

KCrockaholic
I don't care that he's being an ass, I do care if it makes some of the players that we need to be part of the future resent him and not want to play here anymore.

I bet they all laughed at themselves after it happened.

SAUTO

LMAO who gives a fuck?

Titty Meat
08-11-2009, 06:00 PM
What was just as funny-

Monday at afternoon practice when we were there some Brodie Croyle Fans there and they hung up a Brodie fans 4 ever banner on the fence.

Afrer awhile they took the banner down, shortly after that Brodie threw a pick and Haley then yelled out " Hey Brodie, They took your banner down" :D

Who the fuck brings a Brodie Croyle fan banner?

kcxiv
08-11-2009, 06:00 PM
I love it. Haley is awesome. The little things do fuciking matter. Alot of little things adds up during the course of a season. Little things could be the difference in winning and losing at the end of games.

He's doing one hell of a job at implementing that. I rather have a guy like Haley then someone soft and doesnt give a shit. Winning is all that matters when your on that level.

Titty Meat
08-11-2009, 06:02 PM
I like Haley too but none of this matters if he manages the game like Herm. What i'm saying is lets see how he coaches during games before we start the Haley lovefest.

Mecca
08-11-2009, 06:02 PM
I also love the rep Owens has, NFL culture it's a wonderful thing.

SAUTO
08-11-2009, 06:03 PM

ROFL how many times have YOU said that there are only a couple of guys that will be here when we start winning?

Mr. Arrowhead
08-11-2009, 06:03 PM
Who the **** brings a Brodie Croyle fan banner?

Kelli croyle?

SAUTO
08-11-2009, 06:04 PM

ROFL you are a barrel of laughs today. T.O. has the rep because HE EARNED IT

Mecca
ROFL how many times have YOU said that there are only a couple of guys that will be here when we start winning?

Yea and one of those guys is Dwayne Bowe.

the Talking Can

what does that have to do with anything?

Katie
08-11-2009, 06:05 PM
I have two questions: First, wouldn't the older vets have figured out that a time out was not in order? Secondly, what players are complaining that they can't get along with him?

SAUTO
Yea and one of those guys is Dwayne Bowe.

if he doesnt make the catches what good is he? if you or him cant tell haley is trying to make him BETTER.

Mecca
ROFL you are a barrel of laughs today. T.O. has the rep because HE EARNED IT

TO has a big mouth and people act like he is this horrible cancerous guy.

Meanwhile there are people that get arrested, get DWI's, beat their wives all sorts of fucked up shit yet they aren't looked at nearly as negative as Owens is.

That is why NFL culture is screwed up. When having a big mouth is considered worse than those things I just go :spock:

SAUTO
08-11-2009, 06:06 PM

Meanwhile there are people that get arrested, get DWI's, beat their wives all sorts of fucked up shit yet they aren't looked at nearly as negative as Owens is.

That is why NFL culture is screwed up. When having a big mouth is considered worse than those things I just go :spock:

when that big mouth is used to PUT DOWN YOUR OWN TEAM, that is the definition of a cancer

Mecca
08-11-2009, 06:07 PM
if he doesnt make the catches what good is he? if you or him cant tell haley is trying to make him BETTER.

And some guys are always going to drop some balls....he's been that way since college probably since high school.

For a 2 year WR Bowe has been extremely productive, this idea that he needs major work is widely overblown.

MGRS13
08-11-2009, 06:07 PM
You have to know what you're working with...like it or not you can not make an entire team hate your guts.

Look it comes down to wins and losses if Haley wins guys will "go through the wall" for him. If not, they'll just say he's an ass. As far as the WR in Dallas go, they don't hold much weight. Crayton has never lived up to his potential and TO has never liked any body for longer then a couple of months other then his grandma. Fitzgerald has said about Haley that he was tough on him but helped turn him into the best WR in the NFL, thats a hell of a lot more then any WR from dallas can say.

KC Jones
08-11-2009, 06:09 PM

ROFL - yeah cause all of the fans in KC know exactly what's going on with the Chiefs and how different players feel about their position coaches. So it's totally believable that your source in Dallas has some inside info for us.

SAUTO
And some guys are always going to drop some balls....he's been that way since college probably since high school.

For a 2 year WR Bowe has been extremely productive, this idea that he needs major work is widely overblown.

just because he's always dropped balls doesnt make it ok. shouldnt he be striving to get better? hell read about today, he makes 4 catches throws his helmet off and poses. THEN he proceeds to go 0-6. that should tell us all we need to know

LTL

I don't really care if they hate him, as long at they respect him which is more important imo.

KCrockaholic
08-11-2009, 06:10 PM

If Haley has put him as 4th on the depth chart, nothing is "overblown". That means he is sucking, big time.

MGRS13
08-11-2009, 06:10 PM

He's got no excuse to drop balls. If he stays after practice and catches 100 or 200 balls off the jugs machine and then still drops some then yea u say hes trying maybe he'll bet better. But untill hes willing to put in the extra work he's got no excuse.

Mecca
08-11-2009, 06:11 PM
just because he's always dropped balls doesnt make it ok. shouldnt he be striving to get better? hell read about today, he makes 4 catches throws his helmet off and poses. THEN he proceeds to go 0-6. that should tell us all we need to know

That kinda goes with the position of WR, most great WR's have this type of attitude about them.

But nah the Chiefs can get rid of my favorite player on the team that'll work.

KCrockaholic
08-11-2009, 06:12 PM
He's got no excuse to drop balls. If he stays after practice and catches 100 or 200 balls off the jugs machine and then still drops some then yea u say hes trying maybe he'll bet better. But untill hes willing to put in the extra work he's got no excuse.

Hes shown me, that hes lazy and kinda stupid during this 2 week period. He needs to change...fast.

KCrockaholic
08-11-2009, 06:12 PM
That kinda goes with the position of WR, most great WR's have this type of attitude about them.

I dont think the Chiefs care who your favorite player is...

Mecca
08-11-2009, 06:13 PM
Hes shown me, that hes lazy and kinda stupid during this 2 week period. He needs to change...fast.

I bet there are a ton of teams that wish they had a lazy stupid WR that had produced what Bowe has in his first 2 years.

SAUTO
08-11-2009, 06:14 PM

really? most have a very poor couple of weeks then 4 good plays and pose?

Mecca
08-11-2009, 06:15 PM
I love how on a team full of complete shithouse players Dwayne Bowe is the one tacking the flack.

Colt4540
08-11-2009, 06:15 PM
I'm not sure if Haley is going to be the saviour for sure but, I'm going to love to see all these jack***es when Haley does turn the team around. Money says they'll be on the bandwagon.

SAUTO
08-11-2009, 06:17 PM
I love how on a team full of complete shithouse players Dwayne Bowe is the one tacking the flack.

you just dont get it. he MIGHT be our best player. when your best player is lackadaisical what message does that send to the others?

KCrockaholic
08-11-2009, 06:18 PM

Well if our mutil-million dollar #1 pick is now behind, Toomer, Copper, and Engram on the depth chart...OF COURSE HE DESERVES FLACK.

Plus hes shown no signs of improvement over the last few days.

Mecca
08-11-2009, 06:20 PM
Well if our mutil-million dollar #1 pick is now behind, Toomer, Copper, and Engram on the depth chart...OF COURSE HE DESERVES FLACK.

Do you really believe he's worse than those guys?

Hey in the end it may work but I have my reservations because of the type of attitude Dwayne Bowe has typically displayed as what type of person he is.

I may be wrong I just don't want to sit here and watch the Chiefs get rid of Bowe because "he doesn't fit the profile" then watch him go to another team and have a nice career.

orange
08-11-2009, 06:20 PM

You're saying Haley's approach isn't working?

Mojo Jojo
08-11-2009, 06:21 PM

And for a second year receiver he has 6 total wins. If Haley is willing to bench Boldin...he will have no problem putting Bowe on the bench pre or regular season. Bowe has made some catches, but not when they count and if he is not responding to the coach...have a seat.

Mecca
08-11-2009, 06:22 PM
And for a second year receiver he has 6 total wins. If Haley is willing to bench Boldin...he will have no problem putting Bowe on the bench pre or regular season. Bowe has made some catches, but not when they count and if he is not responding to the coach...have a seat.

Yea and if Bowe turns into Boldin and basically demands to not play here anymore is everyone going to be thrilled about that?

Coogs
08-11-2009, 06:23 PM

I agree with this one. I do however believe that Haley knows this as well. I have a feeling he is trying to take Bowe to the next level... the level this team needs him to be at in order for the team to accend to Super Bowl contender. As good as Bowe has already been to this point in his career, getting complacent is not the thing to do. I'm pretty sure that is what Haley is trying to get across to him.

KCrockaholic
Do you really believe he's worse than those guys?

Hey in the end it may work but I have my reservations because of the type of attitude Dwayne Bowe has typically displayed as what type of person he is.

I may be wrong I just don't want to sit here and watch the Chiefs get rid of Bowe because "he doesn't fit the profile" then watch him go to another team and have a nice career.

I dont think anyone here is talking about letting Bowe leave our team. That just wont happen anytime soon. We all want to see him step up, run good routes, and catch the ball, and respond well to criticism. These things he has done poorly so far in camp.

Reaper16

Since when are soccer fans pussies?

This guy is fucking insane.

I kind of like it.

I fucking love it.

SAUTO
08-11-2009, 06:24 PM
Yea and if Bowe turns into Boldin and basically demands to not play here anymore is everyone going to be thrilled about that?

ROFL where is boldin playing? AND IIRC he said he would love to play here for haley again.

KCrockaholic
08-11-2009, 06:24 PM
You're saying Haley's approach isn't working?

Right now...With Dwayne Bowe? No. Its not. But thats just too bad. Bowe needs to adapt to Haley's approach, not the other way around.

KCrockaholic
08-11-2009, 06:25 PM
ROFL where is boldin playing? AND IIRC he said he would love to play here for haley again.

YUP!

Mecca
08-11-2009, 06:25 PM
I dont think anyone here is talking about letting Bowe leave our team. That just wont happen anytime soon. We all want to see him step up, run good routes, and catch the ball, and respond well to criticism. These things he has done poorly so far in camp.

I understand that, but the point I was making is not everyone responds to the same types of motivation. That's just like life some people do better if you are positive with them, others don't like to be yelled at at all, some are better if you go off on them. You have to find what button to push..

All I'm saying is I don't want Haley to push the wrong button and have Bowe decide he has no desire to play here anymore. If Bowe refuses to play for Haley the Chiefs won't have much say in the matter anymore.

Just Passin' By
08-11-2009, 06:26 PM
When did the the NFL become a Dr. Phil show, and when will they all be getting together in order to resolve their differences without resorting to hurtful phrases and a refusal to see both sides of the issues?

I'm sure that if Haley will just give poor Bowe a nice hug and a cookie, everything will be fine again.

Mr_Tomahawk

WR Dwayne Bowe continues to struggle. When the Chiefs receivers were working on catching the ball while being hit by two coaches, Bowe was 0-6. He was the only receiver that didn't catch at least one pass.

He is getting paid to do what?

SAUTO

no fuck him let that fucker gooooooooo

j/k:D

Just Passin' By
If Bowe refuses to play for Haley the Chiefs won't have much say in the matter anymore.

So Boldin and Marshall have been traded, then, along with Waters?

Mecca
08-11-2009, 06:27 PM
Great cut him, he sucks right?

And if you think you can yell at every player like he's a child and get the same reaction you're wrong.

That is seriously a retarded post there are 53 dudes on a team if you think all of them have the same mental makeup and respond to the same things you are deluded.

Lonewolf Ed
He's just breaking them of Herm's bad habits

I love this guy.

I will Follow!

Exactly! The team must be unHermed!

KCrockaholic
I understand that, but the point I was making is not everyone responds to the same types of motivation. That's just like life some people do better if you are positive with them, others don't like to be yelled at at all, some are better if you go off on them. You have to find what button to push..

All I'm saying is I don't want Haley to push the wrong button and have Bowe decide he has no desire to play here anymore. If Bowe refuses to play for Haley the Chiefs won't have much say in the matter anymore.

I want Bowe to stay here. Trust me. But its not about doing it Bowe's way. Its about Bowe and the rest of the team doing it Haley's way. Todd's the coach, he knows what hes doing. Bowe just needs to sit back and ride. Bowe cant always have it his way.

Mojo Jojo

In the NFL you are getting better or getting worse, and Bowe is not getting better. It is time for him to suck it up and respond or he will just be Sly Mo ver. 2.0.

Saleenman607
AS far as the OP is concerned, it's much more appropriate not to mention easier to come in an asshole your first year, than a blathering MFing nice guy. Way to hard the other way around.

Coogs
08-11-2009, 06:28 PM
I'm sure that if Haley will just give poor Bowe a nice hug and a cookie, everything will be fine again.

My guess is Haley is waiting for that moment when he can do just that. But he is making Bowe earn that hug and cookie. Tough love. Sometimes you have to use it.

BigChiefFan
Unbelieveable what some think. The coach is holding the players accountable for their play and pushing them to improve their game. What exactly is the problem?

Halfcan
Bowe will step it up-relax folks we have not even played a preseason game yet.

Mecca
08-11-2009, 06:30 PM
And some guys are absolute ass practice players, is Bowe one of those guys I don't really follow practice with a fine tooth comb.

Halfcan
08-11-2009, 06:30 PM

And if you think you can yell at every player like he's a child and get the same reaction you're wrong.

That is seriously a retarded post there are 53 dudes on a team if you think all of them have the same mental makeup and respond to the same things you are deluded.

???

Coogs
08-11-2009, 06:31 PM
In fact, I think Bowe is responding to the style of caoching. I like the fact he unsnapped and threw his helmet on the ground after successfully completing one of the drills. Obviously he was pleased with his performance, and obviously he was trying/wanting to do well.

the Talking Can
did this thread get lost on the way to New Jersey?

Mr. Flopnuts

If you have the right group of guys, that is an incredible asset in a coach. Bill Parcells anyone? It's no wonder that guy wanted to shop for the groceries, he knew he needed particular ingredients.

The question is, does Scott know what ingredients he's looking for? So far, he has pretty good history. I'm really warming up to the Haley hire. I think this is a solid thread from Parcells coattails. Over the next couple of years, we could all very well be talking about how this was the match made in heaven.

Halfcan
Unbelieveable what some think. The coach is holding the players accountable for their play and pushing them to improve their game. What exactly is the problem?

I am not sure-I like the tough camp. Chiefs have been sooo soft the last few years.

Mecca
In fact, I think Bowe is responding to the style of caoching. I like the fact he unsnapped and threw his helmet on the ground after successfully completing one of the drills. Obviously he was pleased with his performance, and obviously he was trying/wanting to do well.

Hey Jason said he's a prima donna douche for doing that.

BigChiefFan
08-11-2009, 06:32 PM
Some of these guys are being paid MILLIONS. Time for them to earn their keep.

SAUTO
08-11-2009, 06:33 PM

did i? why make shit up? i think if he is gonna do that he should BACK IT UP NOT GO 0-6 THE NEXT FUCKING DRILL.

KCrockaholic
And some guys are absolute ass practice players, is Bowe one of those guys I don't really follow practice with a fine tooth comb.

Good question. Ive got a prediction...In our game vs Houston, Bowe will have a fantastic game. Probably even a TD. But we need to see him play with consistency. Bowe doesnt know consistency.

Mecca
Is this thread backwards I'm the one defending a Chiefs player...

Coogs
08-11-2009, 06:34 PM

Not me! I like that fire.

KCrockaholic
08-11-2009, 06:35 PM
Is this thread backwards I'm the one defending a Chiefs player...

Nah, we just like to fight against whatever opinion you have.

j/k

Mecca
08-11-2009, 06:35 PM
did i? why make shit up? i think if he is gonna do that he should BACK IT UP NOT GO 0-6 THE NEXT FUCKING DRILL.

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO View Post

Yea like it isn't known exactly what that implies.

SAUTO
08-11-2009, 06:36 PM
Not me! I like that fire.

FTR i didnt say that. i said he should back it up. dont go 4-0 pose and shit then go 0-6.

Mecca
08-11-2009, 06:36 PM
Nah, we just like to fight against whatever opinion you have.

j/k

That's Jasons schtick.

SAUTO
08-11-2009, 06:37 PM
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO View Post

Yea like it isn't known exactly what that implies.

that isnt what it implies. he needs to CONCENTRATE all the time. thats what going 4-0 to 0-6 tells us. WTF

Mr. Flopnuts
I don't really care if they hate him, as long at they respect him which is more important imo.

That's the deal. We have a lot of young, impressionable guys on this team. Guys that could be future super stars in this league IMO. If he teaches them how to get better, and how to win, they won't hate him. No matter how many times he pulls their punk card, they won't hate him. Nobody hates a winner. Ask Bill Parcells.

SAUTO
That's Jasons schtick.

you are an idiot. why dont you make up some more shit

SAUTO
08-11-2009, 06:38 PM
That's the deal. We have a lot of young, impressionable guys on this team. Guys that could be future super stars in this league IMO. If he teaches them how to get better, and how to win, they won't hate him. No matter how many times he pulls their punk card, they won't hate him. Nobody hates a winner. Ask Bill Parcells.

agreed, and it's funny how many guys will follow parcells no matter where he goes....

Mecca
08-11-2009, 06:39 PM
you are an idiot. why dont you make up some more shit

It's not your schtick? Really?

No matter what I say you take the other side, then you will personally insult me for basically the hell of it.

You argued with me during last season that Tyler Thigpen could be our fucking QB, it was ridiculous, it was Hootie level retared.

KcMizzou
08-11-2009, 06:39 PM
Seems like Haley's putting Bowe through basic training. Tear 'em down before you build 'em up. I don't think there's a chance in hell he'd have Bowe riding the pine come week one.

Hopefully down the line Bowe will be crediting Haley with making him a better player, like Fitzgerald has done.

Halfcan
08-11-2009, 06:41 PM

No matter what I say you take the other side, then you will personally insult me for basically the hell of it.

You argued with me during last season that Tyler Thigpen could be our ****ing QB, it was ridiculous, it was Hootie level retared.

Someone posted that we should trade pigpen to the colts for a #2 then he would take the job from manning-lol

Mecca
08-11-2009, 06:42 PM
Someone posted that we should trade pigpen to the colts for a #2 then he would take the job from manning-lol

He was joking.

Halfcan
Seems like Haley's putting Bowe through basic training. Tear 'em down before you build 'em up. I don't think there's a chance in hell he'd have Bowe riding the pine come week one.

Hopefully down the line Bowe will be crediting Haley with making him a better player, like Fitzgerald has done.

Exactly-excellent post.

SAUTO

You argued with me during last season that Tyler Thigpen could be our fucking QB, it was ridiculous, it was Hootie level retared.

when have i personally insulted you? just now. you are making shit up and that makes you an idiot. and FTR i respect everyone here right up until they disrespect me. you just see talent and nothing about work ethic. that s the problem. it's actually about both in the nfl

KCrockaholic
As disapointed as I am in Bowe right now, I would not be surprised one bit if he goes out and has a terrific year putting up far better numbers than last year.

Nzoner
08-11-2009, 06:43 PM

Bowe is all about the limelight,I see him as a proud and arrogant focker and I have no problem with it as long as you're doing your job.Personally,I think Haley is pushing the right buttons as I don't see Bowe wanting to keep answering questions about being demoted.

Lastly,I could like Bowe very much but at this point in his career I still say WTF have you really done to act like such a stud,hekp your team win 6 games in 2 years?

Suck it up,do your job,stay after practice and become the absolute best you can and be a focking leader and then bask in the limelight.

Coogs
08-11-2009, 06:44 PM
FTR i didnt say that. i said he should back it up. dont go 4-0 pose and shit then go 0-6.

I'll agree with this as well. Don't get complacent, it will bite you in the ass. That is the message I think Haley is trying to get across.

SAUTO
08-11-2009, 06:45 PM
I'll agree with this as well. Don't get complacent, it will bite you in the ass. That is the message I think Haley is trying to get across.

someone understands

SAUTO
08-11-2009, 06:45 PM
Bowe is all about the limelight,I see him as a proud and arrogant focker and I have no problem with it as long as you're doing your job.Personally,I think Haley is pushing the right buttons as I don't see Bowe wanting to keep answering questions about being demoted.

Lastly,I could like Bowe very much but at this point in his career I still say WTF have you really done to act like such a stud,hekp your team win 6 games in 2 years?

Suck it up,do your job,stay after practice and become the absolute best you can and be a focking leader and then bask in the limelight.

again

Coogs
08-11-2009, 06:46 PM
Kind of ironic we have this article about the Chiefs, and the article from George Brett on the Royals right next to each other.

Titty Meat
08-11-2009, 06:53 PM
I've never seen so many posters go after MEcca at once.

Mecca
08-11-2009, 06:54 PM

And everyone always asks me if I like any players on the Chiefs, look what happens when I do!

SAUTO
08-11-2009, 06:55 PM

we all want this team to get better, herms way DIDNT WORK. there cant be different rules for different players. bowe needs this IMO.

SAUTO
08-11-2009, 06:55 PM
And everyone always asks me if I like any players on the Chiefs, look what happens when I do!

mecca, NO ONE is getting after you because you like him.

Just Passin' By
08-11-2009, 06:56 PM

When did bitching about Haley's coaching style suddenly become your great exercise in your accepting crucifixion on Bowe's behalf?

JFC, you're not a martyr here.

Titty Meat
08-11-2009, 06:56 PM
we all want this team to get better, herms way DIDNT WORK. there cant be different rules for different players. bowe needs this IMO.

There can be different rules for different players? I thought that was Herms approach like giving Veterans like Gonzalez days off. Haley treats the whole team the same which is good if you teach the team concept.

Titty Meat
08-11-2009, 06:57 PM
And the whole Bowe thing is garbage. He'll be the starter and he'll drop balls he does what he does. If Haley doesn't want him theres 31 other teams that do.

the Talking Can
08-11-2009, 06:57 PM

huh?

there is exactly 1 poster

jasonsauto

how does 1 poster = many?

Mecca
08-11-2009, 06:58 PM
When did bitching about Haley's coaching style suddenly become your great exercise in your accepting crucifixion on Bowe's behalf?

That's a hell of a spin on my post but hey by all means.

SAUTO
08-11-2009, 06:58 PM
There can be different rules for different players? I thought that was Herms approach like giving Veterans like Gonzalez days off. Haley treats the whole team the same which is good if you teach the team concept.

can you even read the post you quoted?

SAUTO
08-11-2009, 06:59 PM
huh?

jasonsauto

LMAO and i'm only saying anything because mecca crying on bowe's behalf is funny

Titty Meat
huh?

jasonsauto

You must have the others on ignore.

the Talking Can
You must have the others on ignore.

list all of the posters "going after mecca"

Mecca
08-11-2009, 07:00 PM
I still think there are players way more deserving of the venom than Bowe is...Tamba Hali for example.

Titty Meat
08-11-2009, 07:00 PM
I can only imagine what this place will be like after the pre-season game if the Chiefs win and Mecca points out how certain players played shitty. but but the Chiefs won a pre-season game!

Titty Meat
08-11-2009, 07:01 PM
list all of the posters "going after mecca"

You can read through the 10 pages and find the others.

ChiefGator
08-11-2009, 07:01 PM
And the whole Bowe thing is garbage. He'll be the starter and he'll drop balls he does what he does. If Haley doesn't want him theres 31 other teams that do.

I just quoted you for the hell of it..

But really, I like Bowe, but I find myself on the opposite side of Mecca. I am surprised to side AGAINST a chiefs player. But Bowe was our only WR last year and the year before. And we are so fuckin' thrilled he got around 1000 yards each year. He got ALOT more targets than many other #1 receivers. If he caught 20% more of the balls thrown at him, he would have (drumroll please) like 1200 yards... which is pro-bowl numbers. He drops way too many passes. EVERY TEAM should have a 1000 yard catcher. The fact we are so fuckin' excited about ours, despite all his drops, is a bit ridiculous.

SAUTO
08-11-2009, 07:02 PM
I still think there are players way more deserving of the venom than Bowe is...Tamba Hali for example.

why would tamba be "deserving of the venom"? is he jumping offsides every other play? is he lining up in the wrong spot? oh i know because YOU dont like him.

Mecca
08-11-2009, 07:02 PM
I can only imagine what this place will be like after the pre-season game if the Chiefs win and Mecca points out how certain players played shitty. but but the Chiefs won a pre-season game!

I dunno that might work out ok I was being positive about Bowe and that wasn't going over very well.

Just Passin' By
08-11-2009, 07:03 PM

Pointing out the he's not a martyr in response to "And everyone always asks me if I like any players on the Chiefs, look what happens when I do!" is not going after him.

SAUTO
08-11-2009, 07:03 PM
I dunno that might work out ok I was being positive about Bowe and that wasn't going over very well.

you really just dont get it do you.

the Talking Can
08-11-2009, 07:04 PM

i've read the thread....i want to know who all these imaginary people "going after mecca" are?

there is one person who has been in a back and forth with mecca....1 person

what i really want to know is why people make things like this up?

Mecca
why would tamba be "deserving of the venom"? is he jumping offsides every other play? is he lining up in the wrong spot? oh i know because YOU dont like him.

Dwayne Bowe was more productive in 1 year than Hali has been in 3, I don't care how hard he works or practices or how great a guy he is.

His production has gone down every year, he's supposedly always injured but plays then that is blamed for his stats decline. It gets old after awhile, shit or get off the pot.

BigMeatballDave
Most of the convo's were basically about how the players hated him, I believe at 1 point Terrell Owens nearly punched him in the face.Good! He's the Head Coach. He's not here to fucking make friends!

Chiefaholic
What was just as funny-

LOL... That's some awsome shit.

Titty Meat
08-11-2009, 07:05 PM

Yea because fans in Kansas City don't really know how to enjoy a good player, They celebrate the medicore ones and run the good ones out of town. How many bitched about LJ's blocking even though he ran for over 1,500 yards. LJ's poor blocking wasn't the reason the Chiefs missed the playoffs.

SAUTO
08-11-2009, 07:05 PM
i've read the thread....i want to know who all these imaginary people "going after mecca" are?

thats whats really funny, people run out of shit so they make stuff up.

Halfcan
08-11-2009, 07:06 PM

you don't see them??-they are out there-they are watching

SAUTO
Dwayne Bowe was more productive in 1 year than Hali has been in 3, I don't care how hard he works or practices or how great a guy he is.

His production has gone down every year, he's supposedly always injured but plays then that is blamed for his stats decline. It gets old after awhile, shit or get off the pot.

what does that have to do with training camp THIS YEAR, under the new regime? nothing, so why would haley be yelling at him?

Mecca
Yea because fans in Kansas City don't really know how to enjoy a good player, They celebrate the medicore ones and run the good ones out of town. How many bitched about LJ's blocking even though he ran for over 1,500 yards. LJ's poor blocking wasn't the reason the Chiefs missed the playoffs.

You mean like how Marc Boerigter was really popular? I never got that one.

Titty Meat
08-11-2009, 07:08 PM

What? This really is an exercise in futility.

SAUTO

damn is boerigter your daddy who abandoned you as a baby? you always bring him up and you are the ONLY poster since i have been here that has said his name

Mecca
damn is boerigter your daddy who abandoned you as a baby? you always bring him up and you are the ONLY poster since i have been here that has said his name

He is a perfect example, everyone loved him and wanted him to start and in the snap of a finger no one talks about him.

TheGuardian
08-11-2009, 07:09 PM
Some of you bitches sound like you need tampax.

MY best coach ever was this old guy I hated the shit out of at first. I couldn't do anything right. Couldn't shed blocks right, couldn't tackle hard enough, couldn't drop right, couldn't line the front up right. Nothing. I hated getting yelled at and belittled in front of my teammates so I studied my ass off and played pissed off as hell all the time. That year I made all conference for the first time and we won state and I had some stupid good defensive numbers. At the end of the year coach told me I was the best player he had ever coached. And in retrospect he was the best coach I ever had.

Something I remember hearing the first time during those years was that "hard times don't build character, they reveal it." If players are bitching about Todd riding their ass, then they are pussies and should go find another team where they coach can coddle their ass like Herm did. The fact is, I believe that Todd will bring out the best in the RIGHT kind of players that he wants. Has he been heard yelling at Vrable? Nope. You know why? Because Mike Vrable knows his shit. So does Zach Thomas. Haley reminds me so much of Parcells. Parcells had players that followed him everywhere because they loved the guy. But on every new team he went to, some players hated the shit out of him. Did he care? **** no. He wanted certain kinds of players, and his first action was to weed out lazy braindead sons of bitches that would not work and study. That is what Todd is doing and it should be obvious. Players are complaining about having to run? ****in-a good. When you stop making mental mistakes guess what? You stop running. Now the coach doesn't have anything to bitch about.

Even funnier are fans like Mecca, or I'll call them anti-fans, that bitch about everything. Bitch about Haley, bitch about draft picks, bitch about the players, blah blah blah but he can't get USC's nuts off his chin and USC has the most pussified coach I've ever seen. Carroll couldn't cut it in the NFL because he coddled players and you can't win coddling NFL players because it breeds softness and complacency. For every Patrick bitch Crayton there is a Larry Fitzgerald who says Todd made him a better player. **** Crayton and **** fans who want a coach that the players love. I want a coach that wants to whip the shit out of the other team and win championships, I don't care if the players want to have him over for dinner or even like him. If they play like gorillas on steroids for him who gives a shit if they like him?

Some fans are stupid.

Titty Meat

Yea Marc Boerigter, If Derrick Johnson isn't re-signed there will be some fans who bitch, Boomer Grigsby, even guys like Mark Teahen and David Dejesus. All those guys can play like shit but when a good player makes a mistake fans in this town always talk about it.

SAUTO
He is a perfect example, everyone loved him and wanted him to start and in the snap of a finger no one talks about him.

THATS BECAUSE HE BLEW OUT HIS KNEE AND NEVER WAS THE SAME.

KcMizzou
08-11-2009, 07:10 PM
Nobody dislikes Bowe. He's the best WR we've had in years. People just believe he has the the ability to be even better. It's all about focus and dedication. He tends to give the impression that he believes he's already "arrived". People are excited to see what a truely dedicated and motivated D-Bowe could become... and they're hoping Haley can bring that out of him.

Reaper16
08-11-2009, 07:10 PM
I dunno. Hali's second season was pretty good.

ChiefGator
08-11-2009, 07:11 PM
Our #1 WR ranked 18th among NFL receivers in yardage last year. That is roughly the 45th percentile of #1 receivers. That is not good. Okay does not equal good. And the best we have does not equal great. He needs to catch better, or perhaps we need a new #1 receiver who is more reliable. A thousand yards for your #1 receiver does not a great receiver make.

Pablo
08-11-2009, 07:12 PM

MY best coach ever was this old guy I hated the shit out of at first. I couldn't do anything right. Couldn't shed blocks right, couldn't tackle hard enough, couldn't drop right, couldn't line the front up right. Nothing. I hated getting yelled at and belittled in front of my teammates so I studied my ass off and played pissed off as hell all the time. That year I made all conference for the first time and we won state and I had some stupid good defensive numbers. At the end of the year coach told me I was the best player he had ever coached. And in retrospect he was the best coach I ever had.

Something I remember hearing the first time during those years was that "hard times don't build character, they reveal it." If players are bitching about Todd riding their ass, then they are pussies and should go find another team where they coach can coddle their ass like Herm did. The fact is, I believe that Todd will bring out the best in the RIGHT kind of players that he wants. Has he been heard yelling at Vrable? Nope. You know why? Because Mike Vrable knows his shit. So does Zach Thomas. Haley reminds me so much of Parcells. Parcells had players that followed him everywhere because they loved the guy. But on every new team he went to, some players hated the shit out of him. Did he care? **** no. He wanted certain kinds of players, and his first action was to weed out lazy braindead sons of bitches that would not work and study. That is what Todd is doing and it should be obvious. Players are complaining about having to run? ****in-a good. When you stop making mental mistakes guess what? You stop running. Now the coach doesn't have anything to bitch about.

Even funnier are fans like Mecca, or I'll call them anti-fans, that bitch about everything. Bitch about Haley, bitch about draft picks, bitch about the players, blah blah blah but he can't get USC's nuts off his chin and USC has the most pussified coach I've ever seen. Carroll couldn't cut it in the NFL because he coddled players and you can't win coddling NFL players because it breeds softness and complacency. For every Patrick bitch Crayton there is a Larry Fitzgerald who says Todd made him a better player. **** Crayton and **** fans who want a coach that the players love. I want a coach that wants to whip the shit out of the other team and win championships, I don't care if the players want to have him over for dinner or even like him. If they play like gorillas on steroids for him who gives a shit if they like him?

Some fans are stupid.
Raff out roud. Good post.

Titty Meat
Our #1 WR ranked 18th among NFL receivers in yardage last year. That is roughly the 45th percentile. That is not good. Okay does not equal good. And the best we have does not equal great. He needs to catch better, or perhaps we need a new #1 receiver who is more reliable. A thousand yards for your #1 receiver does not a great receiver make.

To be fair we had a QB that belongs in the CFL and a coach that should have been working for ESPN.

Mecca
Our #1 WR ranked 18th among NFL receivers in yardage last year. That is roughly the 45th percentile. That is not good. Okay does not equal good. And the best we have does not equal great. He needs to catch better, or perhaps we need a new #1 receiver who is more reliable. A thousand yards for your #1 receiver does not a great receiver make.

We had a TE that caught damn near 100 balls....Bowe wasn't the first look.

Mecca
08-11-2009, 07:13 PM
Aha Guardian references me, I'm sure he will school me in the ways of JUCO football where he could out coach Pete Carroll on the gridiron.

the Talking Can
08-11-2009, 07:13 PM
Nobody dislikes Bowe. He's the best WR we've had in years. People just believe he has the the ability to be even better. It's all about focus and dedication. He tends to give the impression that he believes he's already "arrived". People are excited to see what a truely dedicated and motivated D-Bowe could become... and they're hoping Haley can bring that out of him.

i'm sorry, but we don't allow simple and obvious answers here....you'll have to take your completely, stunningly, obvious and correct assessment somewhere else....

TheGuardian
08-11-2009, 07:14 PM
Aha Guardian references me, I'm sure he will school me in the ways of JUCO football where he could out coach Pete Carroll on the gridiron.

Carroll doesn't coach. He rides the west coach lifestyle to recruit good players. If he could coach he'd still be in the NFL. It's easy to win in college when you recruit good.

And a retarded monkey could outsmart you on the football field.

Mecca
08-11-2009, 07:15 PM
Yea Pete Carroll such a shitty coach...SC was really riding high when he took over eh?

Reaper16
08-11-2009, 07:16 PM
And a retarded monkey could outsmart you on the football field.
Hey, now. Hyperbole doesn't serve anybody. Not a single person.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-11-2009, 07:16 PM
I dunno. Hali's second season was pretty good.

Pretty solid first 2 years in the league, but last year he was horrible. This year is huge for him. If he doesn't produce and fit in the scheme...bye bye.

ChiefGator
08-11-2009, 07:19 PM
To be fair we had a QB that belongs in the CFL and a coach that should have been working for ESPN.

Yeah, there alot of other teams with problems at Qb though. Hell, I want Bowe to pull it together, but I am not about to christen him the next TO either. He could use a little bit of fire under his ass. If Darling and Bradley outplay him I won't pull out my eyes. Bowe has an obvious weakness... consistency catching the damn ball.

We had a TE that caught damn near 100 balls....Bowe wasn't the first look.

You simply do not know that... Maybe Bowe wasn't open enough, and that is why TG got his catches. If Bowe had caught every pass thrown to him, he woudl have had over 100. I know targets is unofficial, but I wonder how many targets TG got last year vs. DB. Maybe he got the passes since he knew how to ... oh... catch them?

milkman
08-11-2009, 07:20 PM

I'm sorry, but I want mentally tough players. like Haley does.

If the pussy, regardless of who it is, and that includes Bowe, can't take it, then get the fuck out.

I'm sick of these coddled fucking babies we've had on this roster for the last 10 years.

TheGuardian
08-11-2009, 07:21 PM
Tony G had 155 passes thrown in his direction last year.

Bowe had 157 passes thrown in his direction last year.

Someone doesn't know what they are talking about.

ChiefGator
08-11-2009, 07:21 PM
Ah ha!

First sight I found.. Bowe 157 targets and second in the league with 13 drops. Tony had 155 targets and ten more catches. Problem? At least meriting a coach riding his ass (which every other coach is doing to some starter right now through all the training camps).

(EDIT: Oh.. Guardian got to it before me.... same numbers though.)

milkman
08-11-2009, 07:22 PM

With all due respect, and I mean that sincerely, you can be a really stupid motherfucker at times.

TheGuardian
08-11-2009, 07:22 PM

If the pussy, regardless of who it is, and that includes Bowe, can't take it, then get the **** out.

I'm sick of these coddled ****ing babies we've had on this roster for the last 10 years.

Word........

Pablo
08-11-2009, 07:23 PM
Ah ha!

First sight I found.. Bowe 157 targets and second in the league with 13 drops. Tony had 155 targets and ten more catches. Problem? At least meriting a coach riding his ass (which every other coach is doing to some starter right now through all the training camps).

(EDIT: Oh.. Guardian got to it before me.... same numbers though.)And Tony gets doubled like a motherfucker. But still had 10 more catches...

the Talking Can
08-11-2009, 07:23 PM
Haley isn't satisfied with good, he wants great

if Bowe wants to be great, there won't be a problem

if Bowe just wants to be good, then there is going to be a problem

if we want a Championship team then we need our great players to be great, being good isn't good enough...

is this rocket science?

TEX
08-11-2009, 07:24 PM

If the pussy, regardless of who it is, and that includes Bowe, can't take it, then get the **** out.

I'm sick of these coddled ****ing babies we've had on this roster for the last 10 years.

This. :clap:

Nzoner

Sorry for what,I'd think every diehard fan of this team wants the same thing.

milkman

Meanwhile there are people that get arrested, get DWI's, beat their wives all sorts of ****ed up shit yet they aren't looked at nearly as negative as Owens is.

You just don't get it, do you?

His mouth divides the locker room.

Just Passin' By
08-11-2009, 07:27 PM
You just don't get it, do you?

His mouth divides the locker room.

San Francisco, Philadelphia and Dallas don't count, apparently.

milkman

Yeah they can.

We don't give a rat's ass if he's your favorite player.

Your favorite player may just be a pussy.

Pablo
Sorry for what,I'd think every diehard fan of this team wants the same thing.No shit.

Championship teams are full of intelligent, students of the game. Players that want to be the best and strive to be the best. Not players that just coast by on their god given talent and hope for the best; and expect to be coddled/or are easily mentally broken.

aturnis

And according to Tony Gonzalez, Brian Waters and probably an endless list of others, Herm Edwards is THE BEST coach you could play for. Except, they didn't mind playing for him, practice was light-hearted and fun. Professional football is not supposed to be light-hearted and fun.

I attended camp last Thurs-Sat, and was happy as all hell Todd Haley was our coach. If it were still Herm, I wouldn't have seen but maybe one practice. It rained daily while I was there. Then, Friday morning I believe, it POURED throughout practice, but they still practiced outside. Herm would practice them inside even if the field was just wet. Fuck that. High school teams practice in the rain, and 200 some odd fans were more than happy to stand in the rain for a couple of hours. I'm sure the players bitched, but then again they are players, and need to stop their fucking whining.

ChiefsFan4Life
08-11-2009, 07:35 PM

Some fans are stupid.

Best post of the thread

aturnis
08-11-2009, 07:36 PM

FUCK YOU!@ I'll beat your ass! I'll beat your Mom's ass! :D

KCrockaholic
08-11-2009, 07:45 PM

Some fans are stupid.

Perfect.

OnTheWarpath15
08-11-2009, 07:48 PM
I haven't read the thread, but I have to say Haley is really growing on me.

His style may not result in many more wins, but these guys are going to learn from mistakes, or they're not going to get the opportunity to make more.

With that said, can someone catch me up? Something had to happen in this thread for it to be 3 pages long - it's not that interesting of a topic.

Cliff notes, please?

KcMizzou
08-11-2009, 07:50 PM

His style may not result in many more wins, but these guys are going to learn from mistakes, or they're not going to get the opportunity to make more.

With that said, can someone catch me up? Something had to happen in this thread for it to be 3 pages long - it's not that interesting of a topic.

Cliff notes, please?Debating his handling of Bowe. Mecca's concerned that he's going to alienate Bowe to the point that he refuses to play for the Chiefs.

Mecca
08-11-2009, 07:51 PM

Cliff notes, please?

Same ole as usual, you didn't miss much.

the Talking Can
08-11-2009, 07:51 PM

Cliff notes, please?

every attacking mecca, according to billay.....everyone.....and something about new jersey....

aturnis
08-11-2009, 07:52 PM

Meanwhile there are people that get arrested, get DWI's, beat their wives all sorts of ****ed up shit yet they aren't looked at nearly as negative as Owens is.

That is a retarded statement. One players off the field actions don't affect the whole team. They affect the way that one player is viewed by the public, and to save face, a team might cut ties with him so they don't look like they condone those sort of actions.

T.O.'s actions, have an effect on the entire locker room. Especially when 90% of his whining is directed at someone else on the team, or a superior of his, be it the coach, coordinator whatever. That my friend, is bad stuff.

Have you ever worked with a cancer? It will make it a LOT harder for you to get out of bed if the person you work with the most is negative about every facet of your job and the people you do it with as SOON as you get there. Where I work, we get rid of those guys. Otherwise, mutiny may be at hand.

Whenever I hear T.O. whining, I think of a song I was heard, and it goes a little something like this...

Well you can't always get what you want...
No you can't always get what you want...
You can't always get what you want...
but if you CRY sometimes, you just might find,
You get what you need!

OnTheWarpath15
08-11-2009, 07:52 PM
every attacking mecca, according to billay.....everyone.....and something about new jersey....

Oh, New Jersey?

NOW I have to read the whole thing.

OnTheWarpath15
08-11-2009, 07:54 PM
Debating his handling of Bowe. Mecca's concerned that he's going to alienate Bowe to the point that he refuses to play for the Chiefs.

Eh, I'm kinda on the fence about that one.

I think a good coach needs to know who he needs to pat on the ass, and who he needs to kick in the ass.

But at the same time, a team like this needs to get it through their heads that NO ONE is above the team, and that everyone is treated equally.

Tough spot.

Iowanian
08-11-2009, 07:59 PM
Simon Says.......catch the football.

Simon says.......Tackle the ball carrier.

Timeout....SIMON DID NOT SAY TIME OUT!!! TAKE A LAP!

BigRedChief
08-11-2009, 08:03 PM
I'm liking this coach more and more.

KcMizzou
08-11-2009, 08:04 PM

Timeout....SIMON DID NOT SAY TIME OUT!!! TAKE A LAP!LMAO

Coogs
08-11-2009, 08:04 PM

Timeout....SIMON DID NOT SAY TIME OUT!!! TAKE A LAP!

LMAO :clap::clap::clap:

aturnis
08-11-2009, 08:07 PM

Pretty sure Haley has said 1000 times, he want's mentally tough football players. What do you think that means? That doesn't just mean that they can still think when they're tired. They have to be able to process information and respond to it, even if that info is criticism. Haley also wants players who don't drop the ball. There was a player, who dropped the ball, and D-Bowe was his name-o....

Mecca
08-11-2009, 08:09 PM
Well he'll still be starting when the season starts unless they want to see a rather ugly passing game.

donkhater
08-11-2009, 08:10 PM
Well, I remember at least two games last season that could have been won had it not been for Bowe's 'hands'. The muffed on-side kick against the Chargers gave them the game and his drop in the endzone against NE at the end of the game would've set up the winning 2pt conversion. So I don't think Haley is being hard on him at all.

KcMizzou
08-11-2009, 08:10 PM
Well he'll still be starting when the season starts unless they want to see a rather ugly passing game.I don't think there's any doubt about that.

I think this is more about sending a message, and trying to motivate him to bust his ass. D-Bowe's a prideful guy... you know he's embarrassed by this.

Coogs
08-11-2009, 08:13 PM
Well, I remember at least two games last season that could have been won had it not been for Bowe's 'hands'. The muffed on-side kick against the Chargers gave them the game and his drop in the endzone against NE at the end of the game would've set up the winning 2pt conversion. So I don't think Haley is being hard on him at all.

Thank God he dropped those, or he may not have Haley as his HC right now. Might still have CP, Herm, and Goonther.

OnTheWarpath15

I love how people ignore the other 70 plays that impact a game, but focus on one as if it's the sole reason a game was won or lost.

ChiefGator
D-Bowe's a prideful guy... you know he's embarrassed by this.

Hope so, anyway.

Mecca
08-11-2009, 08:14 PM
I love how people ignore the other 70 plays that impact a game, but focus on one as if it's the sole reason a game was won or lost.

Bowe is the sole reason for that Charger loss.

It is his fault they blew a huge lead and Tyler Thigpen sucked in the 2nd half!

Otter
08-11-2009, 08:15 PM
Why doesn't Mecca work in the NFL?

Titty Meat
08-11-2009, 08:16 PM
Bowe is the sole reason for that Charger loss.

It is his fault they blew a huge lead and Tyler Thigpen sucked in the 2nd half!

Yea and he's the reason Connor Barths game tying field goal wasn't even close. But if we had MArc Boerigter we would have won cuz that one time Boerigter made a play.

Mecca
08-11-2009, 08:17 PM
Why doesn't Mecca work in the NFL?

Oh for the love of Christ, seriously how long did it take you to think of this, did you think it would add a lot to the thread?

OnTheWarpath15
08-11-2009, 08:17 PM
Yea and he's the reason Connor Barths game tying field goal wasn't even close. But if we had MArc Boerigter we would have won cuz that one time Boerigter made a play.

Boomer Grigsby could have made that kick.

Titty Meat
08-11-2009, 08:23 PM
Boomer Grigsby could have made that kick.

With a little help from Bobby Sippio

OnTheWarpath15
08-11-2009, 08:23 PM
With a little help from Bobby Sippio

Laces OUT, Bobby.

Otter
08-11-2009, 08:24 PM
Oh for the love of Christ, seriously how long did it take you to think of this, did you think it would add a lot to the thread?

It was a serious question.

You seem to (think?) you're quiet capable of everything from coaching players and winning games to running a team at the GM level. There's a lot of money to made when you hold that skill set.

Why aren't you applying that knowledge?

You don't have to answer.

PS - people hate TO because he's a douche bag.

Titty Meat
08-11-2009, 08:26 PM

You seem to (think?) you're quiet capable of everything from coaching players and winning games to running a team at the GM level. There's a lot of money to made when you hold that skill set.

Probably because this is a Chiefs message board where we DISCUSS football. I didn't read see the rule where everyone had to agree. Meccas point is a valid one. Say Bowe doesn't warm up to Haley and we have a Cutler/Mcdaniels situation, what do the Chiefs have to replace Bowe? One of the very few talented players on the team.

Mecca
We should obviously just close down the fucking forum since no one here works in the NFL, what does anyone here know right?

Just shut it down.

Titty Meat
Herm Edwards worked in the NFL.

Skip Towne
08-11-2009, 08:28 PM

PS - people hate TO because he's a douche bag.

I've hated TO since the day the danced on the star. I don't abide fools well.

aturnis
08-11-2009, 08:32 PM

So you like players you can hold up in front of your friends and say, "Whatever! LJ is a stud!" when they say "The Chiefs suck!" I'd rather hold up a team, that says "FUCK YOU!" for itself. LJ had 1500 yards! YAY! How many QB's have been kept healthy behind him? What's more important, a RB or a QB? For that matter, which is more important, a player, or a team?

You are a fucking retard! YES! A personal attack! One you deserve. First of all, I honestly don't think you are smart enough to realize that the reason noone agrees with Mecca is b/c he is wrong. Second, you are fast becoming one of the worst posters on this board. I'm sorry, I didn't mean becoming, I meant you are one of the worst posters on this board. Get a clue.

boogblaster
08-11-2009, 08:34 PM
TO was a talent .. he's show-biz now .... period ........

KcMizzou
08-11-2009, 08:39 PM
Hope so, anyway.I consider that a fact. Dwayne Bowe IS a prideful guy. He's made it very obvious that he wants to be a star. (D-Bowe show, and all that.)

His ego has taken a big shot. You know this is killing him. Hopefully it will motivate him as well. I think it's very unlikely that it won't.

Edit: And he may get butthurt over Haley's "tough love", but ultimately, if it makes him a better, more successful player.... he'll love the guy for it.

Titty Meat
08-11-2009, 08:40 PM
So you like players you can hold up in front of your friends and say, "Whatever! LJ is a stud!" when they say "The Chiefs suck!" I'd rather hold up a team, that says "**** YOU!" for itself. LJ had 1500 yards! YAY! How many QB's have been kept healthy behind him? What's more important, a RB or a QB? For that matter, which is more important, a player, or a team?

You are a ****ing retard! YES! A personal attack! One you deserve. First of all, I honestly don't think you are smart enough to realize that the reason noone agrees with Mecca is b/c he is wrong. Second, you are fast becoming one of the worst posters on this board. I'm sorry, I didn't mean becoming, I meant you are one of the worst posters on this board. Get a clue.

LJ didn't get any QB's injured perhaps if you watched the games you would see they had one of the shittiest O-lines in football. The team is most important but if you can't run the ball you won't win very many games. If LJ was such a bitch that morons like yourself pretend he is then he would have been cut after the new regime took over. So let me ask you this moron, Whats the Chiefs record the past few years when LJ didn't play? Did the Chiefs miss the playoffs because of LJ or because there coach was clueless and there D-cordinator (who i'm sure you loved) was a horrible coach? Next time come with facts before you post your mindless drivel you booger eating tard.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-11-2009, 08:40 PM
I went to the Arizona Cardinals training camp the other day and Haley runs his a lot like Wisenhunt. Everything I read on here about how Haley operates his training camp is just like the Cardinals'.

Nzoner
08-11-2009, 08:43 PM
Probably because this is a Chiefs message board where we DISCUSS football. I didn't read see the rule where everyone had to agree. Meccas point is a valid one. Say Bowe doesn't warm up to Haley and we have a Cutler/Mcdaniels situation, what do the Chiefs have to replace Bowe? One of the very few talented players on the team.

Oh for fock's sake,we don't have to agree on everything,just like I could give a rat's ass whether Bowe likes Haley or not,fock him,it's not his team and ultimately the success or failure of this team is going to fall on Haley's shoulders so let the man give his way a try.

Like said before I'm tired of seeing millionaires focking coddled and told everything is going to be okay.You're a focking professional NFL football player that hasn't won but 6 games in 2 years,maybe step back and take a look around at the history of the game that's paying you millions and take a page from the real superstars at your position i.e. Jerry Rice.

Titty Meat
08-11-2009, 08:45 PM
Oh for fock's sake,we don't have to agree on everything,just like I could give a rat's ass whether Bowe likes Haley or not,fock him,it's not his team and ultimately the success or failure of this team is going to fall on Haley's shoulders so let the man give his way a try.

Like said before I'm tired of seeing millionaires focking coddled and told everything is going to be okay.You're a focking professional NFL football player that hasn't won but 6 games in 2 years,maybe step back and take a look around at the history of the game that's paying you millions and take a page from the real superstars at your position i.e. Jerry Rice.

You have a point and I wasn't really refering to you when I made that post. You're one of the more fair posters on here and I enjoy your posts.

Crush
08-11-2009, 08:52 PM
No player is above the team. There should be loyalty to the insignia on the helmet, not any individual player. If that player, regardless of talent or position, cannot display consistency, competence, and maturity, then that player needs to GTFO. This is a team sport.

Remember when Buddy Ryan cut Chris Carter from the Eagles due to his prevalent drug problem? Guess what? It was a message and Carter woke the **** up. Carter, to this day, thanks Buddy for that, because it saved his career. Although this message to Bowe is not as severe as the one to Carter, it is still a message. A message to shape up or GTFO.

Talent alone does constitute a great player. Jeff George, Ryan Leaf, Jay Schroeder, Keyshawn Johnson, Mike Williams, Charles Rogers, and others have proven that. When they were pushed, they wilted. It is time to see if Bowe is going to be the player that everyone wants him to be. If he doesn't rise up and take his mantle as a great receiver, then he will just be another chapter in the NFL Book of Dissapointments.

ChiefGator
08-11-2009, 08:53 PM

Umm... I generally disagree with your takes, but ya still might want to make a signature which explains this for everyone. This seems to be a recurring theme. I don't know, mine might read like "I have a fulfillng job in application development. I am not 100% sure I am a better man than the people running the Chiefs, but I do like my job. I apologize in advance for criticizing any move by the chiefs. I regret that any such criticisim does not imply I will replace the current General Manager of the Kansas City Chiefs. I am just a fan, who disagrees with some decisions that our GM may make. I do not plan to quit my day job however.:

KcMizzou
08-11-2009, 08:56 PM
No player is above the team. There should be loyalty to the insignia on the helmet, not any individual player. If that player, regardless of talent or position, cannot display consistency, competence, and maturity, then that player needs to GTFO. This is a team sport.
I read recently that Haley said players will earn the Arrowhead on the side of the helmet. Paraphrasing, "Hopefully you'll see a few of those popping up soon."

The same article said that they'd all have them for the preseason games. (of course)

Fish
08-11-2009, 08:59 PM
It's awfully easy to sit here and say "**** the players. If they can't handle it, then get em off the team". But I don't think it can be that easy. It's just not possible to have an entire team of warrior gentlemen who are all motivated in the exact same manner. Everything I've seen or read about pro football has indicated otherwise. I want tough players no doubt. But these guys are professionals and millionaires with huge egos. They aren't a bunch of naive army recruits learning for the first time who need orders shouted to them repeatedly. Too many of them are going to respond negatively to it. And you can't just up and replace them that easily. Sometimes high talent comes with a high maintenance personality. That's just the way it is.

TheGuardian
08-11-2009, 09:03 PM

This is so ****ing stupid.

This entire offseason all people talked about concerning Bowe was his drops. So Haley gets enough of his drops in practice and demotes him you know to get his message across, and after two practices of it people are crapping their pants that he will somehow alienate Bowe and that Bowe will not want to play in KC? Good God what the ****? This is retarded.

If I recall Jared Allen was benched by Gun during his second season for not honoring the run. Guess what? Allen got better at that and became a better player. If Bowe doesn't/can't learn the same lesson then this team DOESN'T NEED HIM. And if being demoted for a couple of practices makes him not want to be a Chief then LET HIM WALK.

And Mecca is the dumbest poster at this board and I don't believe for a second that he's really a Chiefs fan. I think he's an anti-fan that follows the Chiefs but really only wishes for the worst so he can complain about shit. If the Chiefs won the SB does anyone think that Mecca would do anything other than make something up to complain about? I think everyone knows the answer to that.

chiefzilla1501
08-11-2009, 09:06 PM
This is so ****ing stupid.

This entire offseason all people talked about concerning Bowe was his drops. So Haley gets enough of his drops in practice and demotes him you know to get his message across, and after two practices of it people are crapping their pants that he will somehow alienate Bowe and that Bowe will not want to play in KC? Good God what the ****? This is retarded.

If I recall Jared Allen was benched by Gun during his second season for not honoring the run. Guess what? Allen got better at that and became a better player. If Bowe doesn't/can't learn the same lesson then this team DOESN'T NEED HIM. And if being demoted for a couple of practices makes him not want to be a Chief then LET HIM WALK.

And Mecca is the dumbest poster at this board and I don't believe for a second that he's really a Chiefs fan. I think he's an anti-fan that follows the Chiefs but really only wishes for the worst so he can complain about shit. If the Chiefs won the SB does anyone think that Mecca would do anything other than make something up to complain about? I think everyone knows the answer to that.

What is the deal with Chiefs' fans who think they have the right to judge how big of a fan you are of the Chiefs?

mecca's a fan of the chiefs. you may disagree with him at times, but what gives you the right to decide who is and who isn't a fan of this team?

aturnis
08-11-2009, 09:08 PM

Cutler/McDaniels is a totally different situation. McD tried to trade him, and then tried to say "I love you! "You are our guy! We believe in you!" Not happening. Cutler should have done what he did and is not a bitch for it.

The thing you don't realize is that when Mecca refers to "other great receivers" who have attitude, he is refering to Owens and Ocho Cinco. Guys who are very good, but just aren't winning Superbowls. Which are the only thing that does matter if you ask Mecca. Yet, he want's the boisterous guys who can't win b/c they can't get over themselves and put the team first. Ignoring the real great like Jerry Rice who remain quiet and PROFESSIONAL.

D-Bowe is flashy, and there is nothing wrong with that. Until he thinks he is too big for the Chiefs. I don't think he's do that. I give him more credit than that. Mecca on the other hand, does not. In all my observing of Bowe, in media, interviews, camp and wherever I can, I have noticed some things. First, he likes to flaunt, but he is not a ridiculous guy. He is actually pretty smart. He is a mentally strong person. I do not think D Bo will take this too much to heart. More likely he takes it as motivation on the field.

Yeah, D Bo is good, but he could honestly be great, but not with an Edwards mentality. That will not cut it.

I think Mecca has been watching too much of the T.O. Show and buying into his sob story of "this is where I come from, this is who I am, this is why I am the way I am. Don't hate me, instead, sympathize and feel sorry for me. I have a good heart, I'm just delicate...see, I'm crying.".

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OqN84Il3Q1I&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OqN84Il3Q1I&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Nzoner
08-11-2009, 09:11 PM
Only time will tell on Haley's approach and like another eluded to in this thread there was another coach that was a real prick but his players would go through walls for him.

BILL PARCELLS cultivated a couple of hobbies outside of football over the past few years. He loved going to spring training baseball games, particularly Cardinals games with his buddy Ron Wolf, the former Green Bay general manager. He loved the horses, too. He finished building a retirement home in Saratoga Springs, N.Y., last year, but by the time the Saratoga meet opened in late July, training camp was already looming. "Football's year-round now," Parcells, 65, said on Monday, a few hours after telling Dallas owner Jerry Jones he was retiring as coach of the Cowboys, a job he'd held for four seasons. "Anytime you take a break, you feel guilty."

And so a most unusual 19 year head-coaching career ends. (Though with Parcells one should never say never; twice he swore he would not coach again only to take jobs with the Jets and the Cowboys.) His 183 career victories—13 more than Paul Brown and 21 more than Joe Gibbs—are ninth on the alltime list. He is the only coach to take four teams to the postseason. (He also led the Giants and the Patriots.) His my-way-or-the-highway approach produced quick results: At all four stops he made the playoffs in his first or second season.

Parcells—who didn't reveal his future plans (but TV work or consulting for a team are possible)—was the master of the motivational mind game. Giants linebacker Lawrence Taylor struggled against Rams tackle Irv Pankey, so before the teams' 1989 playoff game Parcells handed Taylor an airline ticket and told him to fly to New Orleans and give the return ticket to Saints linebacker Pat Swilling. "He's the only guy who can handle Pankey. You can't," Parcells said. Taylor played angry, beating Pankey for two sacks. "It's amazing how deep he was able to get into your head," Cowboys QB Tony Romo said on Monday.

His legacy is more than his quick wit, or his quick fixes. It's his coaching tree. "I don't know how good the tree is," Parcells said, "but it's got quite a few branches." Former assistants Bill Belichick (now the Patriots' head coach) and Sean Payton ( Saints) were in the NFL's final four this year, and three other former aides—Cleveland's Romeo Crennel, Eric Mangini of the Jets and Tom Coughlin of the Giants—are running NFL teams. The angelic-looking Payton credits Parcells with making him tougher. "I told him if he was afraid of confrontation, he was going to have a problem being a head coach," said Parcells, who walked away several times but never mellowed

Crush
It's awfully easy to sit here and say "**** the players. If they can't handle it, then get em off the team". But I don't think it can be that easy. It's just not possible to have an entire team of warrior gentlemen who are all motivated in the exact same manner. Everything I've seen or read about pro football has indicated otherwise. I want tough players no doubt. But these guys are professionals and millionaires with huge egos. They aren't a bunch of naive army recruits learning for the first time who need orders shouted to them repeatedly. Too many of them are going to respond negatively to it. And you can't just up and replace them that easily. Sometimes high talent comes with a high maintenance personality. That's just the way it is.

Since the BB era, the Patriots have done exactly this. Brian Cox, Adam Vinatieri, Lawyer Milloy, Troy Brown, Ty Law, Asante Samuel, and others were easily replaced by someone else. You cannot be loyal to any particular player in today's NFL, you will end up with a mediocre team caught in the dreadful cycle of suck.

KcMizzou
What is the deal with Chiefs' fans who think they have the right to judge how big of a fan you are of the Chiefs?

mecca's a fan of the chiefs. you may disagree with him at times, but what gives you the right to decide who is and who isn't a fan of this team?I like Mecca... but I'm inclined to agree with the post you quoted.

If the chiefs won it all, I'd probably cry like a baby... and party way beyond my means for three days straight. Mecca, I think, would say something like, "Well they finally did it, I guess. Only took them (X) decades."

He's the Eeyore of sports fandom.

Hammock Parties
08-11-2009, 09:12 PM
Parcells—who didn't reveal his future plans (but TV work or consulting for a team are possible)—was the master of the motivational mind game. Giants linebacker Lawrence Taylor struggled against Rams tackle Irv Pankey, so before the teams' 1989 playoff game Parcells handed Taylor an airline ticket and told him to fly to New Orleans and give the return ticket to Saints linebacker Pat Swilling. "He's the only guy who can handle Pankey. You can't," Parcells said. Taylor played angry, beating Pankey for two sacks. "It's amazing how deep he was able to get into your head," Cowboys QB Tony Romo said on Monday.

This is awesome. Jimmy Johnson had a degree in psychology and he did stuff like this.

aturnis
08-11-2009, 09:16 PM
LJ didn't get any QB's injured perhaps if you watched the games you would see they had one of the shittiest O-lines in football. The team is most important but if you can't run the ball you won't win very many games. If LJ was such a bitch that morons like yourself pretend he is then he would have been cut after the new regime took over. So let me ask you this moron, Whats the Chiefs record the past few years when LJ didn't play? Did the Chiefs miss the playoffs because of LJ or because there coach was clueless and there D-cordinator (who i'm sure you loved) was a horrible coach? Next time come with facts before you post your mindless drivel you booger eating tard.

Who should have been picking up those blocks you fucking fool? You sure are a fuqtard. I am going to impregnate your lover just so there will not be another one of you running around. Fuck, I'll come back and do it again if I have to. I'll keep that bitch prego for life, just so you can't.

LJ thought he loved Herm when he took over. He learned though after last year, that they were not going to win anything under a guy who was so lackadaisical. Hence the reason he is on board now, and a teachers pet, and, doing very well in blocking drills. Actually trying to block.

As far as you can't win if you can't run, well, mostly true. Except for the Cardinals last year. I'm sure there are more, but you get the point. It can be done, it's just hard. I'd rather run, but a pro bowl running back doesn't win Superbowls, an all around RB does.

Silock
08-11-2009, 09:19 PM

At one point, all the Giants players hated Coughlin, too. He brought them a SB win.

Titty Meat
08-11-2009, 09:23 PM
Who should have been picking up those blocks you ****ing fool? You sure are a fuqtard. I am going to impregnate your lover just so there will not be another one of you running around. ****, I'll come back and do it again if I have to. I'll keep that bitch prego for life, just so you can't.

LJ thought he loved Herm when he took over. He learned though after last year, that they were not going to win anything under a guy who was so lackadaisical. Hence the reason he is on board now, and a teachers pet, and, doing very well in blocking drills. Actually trying to block.

As far as you can't win if you can't run, well, mostly true. Except for the Cardinals last year. I'm sure there are more, but you get the point. It can be done, it's just hard. I'd rather run, but a pro bowl running back doesn't win Superbowls, an all around RB does.

Go stomp your feet at the little kids table dumpy.