PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Home ... of ... the ... Chiefs!!

Mr. Krab
08-12-2009, 04:29 PM
For those people who complain about it not being "Brave" Todd Haley just mentioned how intimidating it was hearing the crowd scream that. If fact i remember all sorts of players and coaches commenting about Arrowhead and they usually mention 3 things.

Crowd noise,BBQ and "Home of the Chiefs!"

We should keep it. Imo.

Old Dog
08-12-2009, 04:30 PM
OK, since YOU (and Haley) want to we will.

KCrockaholic
08-12-2009, 04:32 PM
I would look down on our fan base if it was any different.

pr_capone
08-12-2009, 04:36 PM
If Haley is intimidated... the whole league is intimidated.

Had it not been for "the home of the CHIEFS"... we would have been 0-16 last season.

That shit is worth 2 wins per year all on its own.

:p

LaChapelle
08-12-2009, 04:39 PM
Did you stand up while you typed that?

teedubya
08-12-2009, 04:50 PM
I took my hat off when I read this post.

LaChapelle
08-12-2009, 04:51 PM
ROFL

Predarat
08-12-2009, 04:57 PM
I think its OK to say that, Wichita Thunder fans have copied it by the way lol.

BWillie
08-12-2009, 05:00 PM
I hope that in the next coming years the Chiefs gets o good that it spreads to KU games, Missouri games, Royals games, etc. I know it used to be more pungent at KU games back when the Chiefs were at least worth a shit. I could hear alot of fans sayin' it

LOCOChief
08-12-2009, 05:12 PM
And for the last few years at Jets games it's "and the home of the JETS". That 98 Jets game Haley referenced was one cold, rainy, and all around shitty game that I've tried to erase from my memory banks ever since.

Reerun_KC
08-12-2009, 05:12 PM
I think it is cool at Arrowhead, but there seems to be always some douche nozzle at a high school football game on Friday nights, yelling "Chiefs" at the end of the national anthem...

Like that makes him cooler than everyone else? The frucking dipshit is at a highschool football game, or for that matter, you look like a frucking retard if you do it any other place other than arrowhead. God people are frucking stupid and yet they are allowed to breed?

"Bob" Dobbs
08-12-2009, 05:18 PM
I think it is cool at Arrowhead, but there seems to be always some douche nozzle at a high school football game on Friday nights, yelling "Chiefs" at the end of the national anthem...

Like that makes him cooler than everyone else? The frucking dipshit is at a highschool football game, or for that matter, you look like a frucking retard if you do it any other place other than arrowhead. God people are frucking stupid and yet they are allowed to breed?I've never heard it at a high school game (and we're pretty much in Chiefs country), but I gotta admit, at the HS games I always hear "home of the CHIEFS" in my head while singing "Brave".

Reerun_KC
08-12-2009, 05:20 PM
I've never heard it at a high school game (and we're pretty much in Chiefs country), but I gotta admit, at the HS games I always hear "home of the CHIEFS" in my head while singing "Brave".

Which is not a problem... Hell I hear it as well... But I have heard it at an game once a few years ago when I was back home for a homecoming game...

BigRedChief
08-12-2009, 05:20 PM
Mike Shanahan -
"I know people have tried to prepare me but until you actually experience it, you really don't know how loud it is. It is a fun experience. I remember in that playoff game, that 14-10 (playoff game in 1998) -- and this is before the game -- I'm talking three or four minutes before the game and I am trying to talk to my son (Kyle). He is standing right next to me, I'm yelling and he can't hear me. I am yelling at the top of my voice trying to get him to get something and he has no idea what I am saying. That is how loud it was."

Rod Smith -
The first time I ever went in there it scared the hell out of me -- and that was just the national anthem," Smith remembered. "When they say, 'The home of the Chiefs' right there in the national anthem, I thought they were going to attack us. I thought 70,000 people were about to come out of the stands and get us."

Tedy Bruschi -
"[Arrowhead] is the loudest outdoor stadium in the league. It's so loud you can't hear yourself think."

John Elway-
“I don’t know if you say you can’t wait to play that game because this is going to be a blast. When you went to Kansas City, it was an absolute physical, lay-it-on-the-line game. When you got done, you were going to be totally exhausted and beat up.”
“The one thing I remember the most is that it was loud. As a quarterback, that’s your worst enemy. And that I heard every little thing in the book that could be said about my mother.”

Jim Mora -
"It felt different in Kansas City. Kansas City's crowd is amazing and you felt it. You felt it. It's like I talk about our Dome...you want it to be a suffocating feeling. You felt that at Kansas City. At Denver yesterday...you just didn't feel it. You didn't feel the heat, you didn't feel the emotion, you didn't feel the crowd, so we didn't get worked up. We kind of just kept playing and we felt like our offense was moving the ball and they continued to move the ball, so we felt like we'd get back in it. And we did. But I think, honest to goodness, a lot of it has to do with the crowd. It's a big difference between Kansas City and Denver. Big difference. Big. Big difference between Kansas City and most places. We want to be talking about Atlanta like I'm talking about Kansas City and I think we're on our way.

Rodney Harrison –
"It's not the same as other places," said the Patriots' Rodney Harrison, who formerly was with the Chargers. "It's loud. It's the loudest I've ever played in. The fans are out there four hours before game time, probably tailgating. But it's a great atmosphere for football.

- Denver Fan
"I have been to many NFL games throughout the past 20 years, and each time I return to Arrowhead, I become even more amazed at how loud their fans are. I am a Denver Broncos fan, but I would have to say that Kansas City's game day atmosphere is the best in all of the NFL."

SI article proclaiming Arrowhead the toughest place to play in the NFL:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0604/gallery.toughplaces/content.10.html (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0604/gallery.toughplaces/content.10.html)
When the Chiefs are having a bad season, they're tough to beat at Arrowhead. When they're having a good season, they're unbeatable. With the scent of barbecue in the air and a sea of red in the stands, Kansas City is the best football atmosphere in the country. The Chiefs were a flawed team in 2005 but still managed to win seven of eight home games.

-Texans Fan
“I personally don't know why this stadium isn't #1 right now. After talking to a Texans football player, he stated that this IS truly the loudest stadium in the NFL (Arrowhead)."

These are just a few of many quotes I have found from different people across the nation that aren't even Chiefs fans.
Why I think it is so bad ....... bad is not a good word man. I would say difficult to play in arrowhead? The simple answer is in the architecture, and of course the 78,000 screaming fans. I mean all 78,000 screaming .......... from 6 years olds all the way up to 90 year olds .......... all horse after a game for a day or two. The bowl effect of that stadium is the true gem in the whole scheme. All that screaming is at its loudest point on that field. Truly an architectural piece of sports art.

Bryant Young
"That stadium definitely is one of the loudest stadiums you'll ever play in...The crowd is like right on top of you. You can't hear cadence, you can't make calls. That stadium rocks."

Damon Haurd-
“This stadium is unbelievable. I mean, it’s really cool. When this place gets rocking, it’s pretty neat.”

Billy Miller
remembers the first time he thought Arrowhead Stadium was truly special. A rookie tight end on the practice squad of the Denver Broncos, Miller made the trip to Kansas City with the rest of the team for a regular-season game in 1999. The coaching staff wanted the young players to get a feel for "playing in a hostile environment," and there aren't many places more intimidating and noisy than the 32-year-old home of the Chiefs.

Most of the details of the game have long since been forgotten. What Miller experienced during pre-game festivities hasn't. It all began when the team charter bus arrived to find the stadium parking lot resembling a war zone from all the smoke billowing out from tailgaters. Later, as The Star-Spangled Banner was about to end, Miller recalls the nearly 80,000-strong "Sea of Red" screaming in unison, "Chiefs!" Finally, there was a loud roar and shake as a military jet flew over the stadium.

"I got chills," said Miller, now with the Texans. "It's one of the best home-field advantages in football." Nowhere in the NFL is there a noisier crowd than the 79,451 fans who regularly fill Arrowhead Stadium. The Chiefs had the NFL's best home record (63-17) from 1990-99. They're 59-22 at home in the last decade, fourth only to Green Bay, Denver and San Francisco.

"It’ll be electric," said Chiefs coach Herm Edwards. "These fans are very passionate and they’re excited. This is going to be a fun spot to be."

Rod Smith has been to an excited Arrowhead many times in his long career. "The first seven minutes in their place is going to be loud. You’re going to hear nothing and you can’t give them a couple of plays here and there, no big returns, none of that," he said.

Wikipedia:
Though many NFL fans argue, Arrowhead has long been considered to be the loudest outdoor stadium in the NFL: the fans often reach sound levels of over 120 decibels, which is as loud as a jet airliner taking off. Because of the "atmosphere" in the stadium, Sports Illustrated (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sports_Illustrated) gave the Chiefs' home field, Arrowhead Stadium, the title of being the "Toughest Place to Play" for opposing teams.

Arrowhead Tailgating Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LcO4ZFir7o (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LcO4ZFir7o)

Marshall Faulk on the NFL Network, when asked what the loudest stadium he ever played in is:
Quote:
Kansas City, definitely. Arrowhead Stadium....that home of the Chiefs when they sing the national anthem. I mean, it moves you."

Digital Takawira
08-12-2009, 05:22 PM
And for the last few years at Jets games it's "and the home of the JETS". That 98 Jets game Haley referenced was one cold, rainy, and all around shitty game that I've tried to erase from my memory banks ever since.

This really pisses me off when i hear it. Of any team in the league to copy it, the jets should be the last team. How is it the home of the jets when the name of the damn stadium is GIANTS stadium! You failures don't even play in your own stadium, so shut your damn new yawker mouth-holes about the home of anything.

Also, people should quit doing it at any other local teams' games. It's a little disrespectful. Keep it at Arrowhead, the home of the....CHIEFS

Reaper16
08-12-2009, 05:23 PM
If you don't like this then screw you.

58kcfan89
08-12-2009, 05:25 PM
I did home of the Chiefs in Canton at the ceremonies & pretty much everyone in red joined in. 'Twas awesome.

"Bob" Dobbs
08-12-2009, 05:26 PM
John Elway-

“The one thing I remember the most is that it was loud. As a quarterback, that’s your worst enemy. And that I heard every little thing in the book that could be said about my mother.”

Thanks Redrum!

Goldmember
08-12-2009, 05:27 PM
Yeah, the Jets were so intimidated by it that they went out and beat the Chiefs...Home of the Jets...

I read somewhere that Obama is trying to pass a law that will permanently change the National Anthem to "home of the Chiefs" so they can intimidate countries around the world.

BigRedChief
08-12-2009, 05:28 PM
From GoChiefs:

Mix one part NFL Films footage of Arrowhead Stadium, one part epic music, one part editing genius, and you get...

ARROWHEAD STADIUM - A Tribute (http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/Arrowhead%20-%20A%20Tribute.avi)

Right, click, save as!

Youtube link for the technically challenged:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8mUqhOBBCGA (http://youtube.com/watch?v=8mUqhOBBCGA)

Valiant
08-12-2009, 05:30 PM
Mike Shanahan -
"I know people have tried to prepare me but until you actually experience it, you really don't know how loud it is. It is a fun experience. I remember in that playoff game, that 14-10 (playoff game in 1998) -- and this is before the game -- I'm talking three or four minutes before the game and I am trying to talk to my son (Kyle). He is standing right next to me, I'm yelling and he can't hear me. I am yelling at the top of my voice trying to get him to get something and he has no idea what I am saying. That is how loud it was."

Rod Smith -
The first time I ever went in there it scared the hell out of me -- and that was just the national anthem," Smith remembered. "When they say, 'The home of the Chiefs' right there in the national anthem, I thought they were going to attack us. I thought 70,000 people were about to come out of the stands and get us."

Tedy Bruschi -
"[Arrowhead] is the loudest outdoor stadium in the league. It's so loud you can't hear yourself think."

John Elway-
“I don’t know if you say you can’t wait to play that game because this is going to be a blast. When you went to Kansas City, it was an absolute physical, lay-it-on-the-line game. When you got done, you were going to be totally exhausted and beat up.”

Jim Mora -
"It felt different in Kansas City. Kansas City's crowd is amazing and you felt it. You felt it. It's like I talk about our Dome...you want it to be a suffocating feeling. You felt that at Kansas City. At Denver yesterday...you just didn't feel it. You didn't feel the heat, you didn't feel the emotion, you didn't feel the crowd, so we didn't get worked up. We kind of just kept playing and we felt like our offense was moving the ball and they continued to move the ball, so we felt like we'd get back in it. And we did. But I think, honest to goodness, a lot of it has to do with the crowd. It's a big difference between Kansas City and Denver. Big difference. Big. Big difference between Kansas City and most places. We want to be talking about Atlanta like I'm talking about Kansas City and I think we're on our way.

Rodney Harrison –
"It's not the same as other places," said the Patriots' Rodney Harrison, who formerly was with the Chargers. "It's loud. It's the loudest I've ever played in. The fans are out there four hours before game time, probably tailgating. But it's a great atmosphere for football.

- Denver Fan
"I have been to many NFL games throughout the past 20 years, and each time I return to Arrowhead, I become even more amazed at how loud their fans are. I am a Denver Broncos fan, but I would have to say that Kansas City's game day atmosphere is the best in all of the NFL."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0604/gallery.toughplaces/content.10.html (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0604/gallery.toughplaces/content.10.html)
When the Chiefs are having a bad season, they're tough to beat at Arrowhead. When they're having a good season, they're unbeatable. With the scent of barbecue in the air and a sea of red in the stands, Kansas City is the best football atmosphere in the country. The Chiefs were a flawed team in 2005 but still managed to win seven of eight home games.

-Texans Fan
“I personally don't know why this stadium isn't #1 right now. After talking to a Texans football player, he stated that this IS truly the loudest stadium in the NFL (Arrowhead)."

These are just a few of many quotes I have found from different people across the nation that aren't even Chiefs fans.
Why I think it is so bad ....... bad is not a good word man. I would say difficult to play in arrowhead? The simple answer is in the architecture, and of course the 78,000 screaming fans. I mean all 78,000 screaming .......... from 6 years olds all the way up to 90 year olds .......... all horse after a game for a day or two. The bowl effect of that stadium is the true gem in the whole scheme. All that screaming is at its loudest point on that field. Truly an architectural piece of sports art.

Bryant Young
"That stadium definitely is one of the loudest stadiums you'll ever play in...The crowd is like right on top of you. You can't hear cadence, you can't make calls. That stadium rocks."

Damon Haurd-
“This stadium is unbelievable. I mean, it’s really cool. When this place gets rocking, it’s pretty neat.”

Billy Miller
remembers the first time he thought Arrowhead Stadium was truly special. A rookie tight end on the practice squad of the Denver Broncos, Miller made the trip to Kansas City with the rest of the team for a regular-season game in 1999. The coaching staff wanted the young players to get a feel for "playing in a hostile environment," and there aren't many places more intimidating and noisy than the 32-year-old home of the Chiefs.

Most of the details of the game have long since been forgotten. What Miller experienced during pre-game festivities hasn't. It all began when the team charter bus arrived to find the stadium parking lot resembling a war zone from all the smoke billowing out from tailgaters. Later, as The Star-Spangled Banner was about to end, Miller recalls the nearly 80,000-strong "Sea of Red" screaming in unison, "Chiefs!" Finally, there was a loud roar and shake as a military jet flew over the stadium.

"I got chills," said Miller, now with the Texans. "It's one of the best home-field advantages in football." Nowhere in the NFL is there a noisier crowd than the 79,451 fans who regularly fill Arrowhead Stadium. The Chiefs had the NFL's best home record (63-17) from 1990-99. They're 59-22 at home in the last decade, fourth only to Green Bay, Denver and San Francisco.

"It’ll be electric," said Chiefs coach Herm Edwards. "These fans are very passionate and they’re excited. This is going to be a fun spot to be."

Rod Smith has been to an excited Arrowhead many times in his long career. "The first seven minutes in their place is going to be loud. You’re going to hear nothing and you can’t give them a couple of plays here and there, no big returns, none of that," he said.

Wikipedia:
Though many NFL fans argue, Arrowhead has long been considered to be the loudest outdoor stadium in the NFL: the fans often reach sound levels of over 120 decibels, which is as loud as a jet airliner taking off. Because of the "atmosphere" in the stadium, Sports Illustrated (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sports_Illustrated) gave the Chiefs' home field, Arrowhead Stadium, the title of being the "Toughest Place to Play" for opposing teams.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LcO4ZFir7o (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LcO4ZFir7o)

Marshall Faulk on the NFL Network, when asked what the loudest stadium he ever played in is:
Quote:
Kansas City, definitely. Arrowhead Stadium....that home of the Chiefs when they sing the national anthem. I mean, it moves you."

And unfortunately it is not that way anymore with the constant price increases, economy and the product on the field..

Valiant
08-12-2009, 05:35 PM
From GoChiefs:

Mix one part NFL Films footage of Arrowhead Stadium, one part epic music, one part editing genius, and you get...

ARROWHEAD STADIUM - A Tribute (http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/Arrowhead%20-%20A%20Tribute.avi)

Right, click, save as!

Youtube link for the technically challenged:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8mUqhOBBCGA (http://youtube.com/watch?v=8mUqhOBBCGA)

Says it has been removed due to violation..

MoreLemonPledge
08-12-2009, 07:37 PM
Every team in every sport should use it.

Then they can change a few words here and there to match their sport.

If there's a promotion that night, why not change it to reflect that, too? (And the chest-protector backpack's safety reflective glare!)

This thing could really catch on! Wait...what would we sing on Armed Forces nights?

I don't care what anyone says. It's disrespectful. Especially when some white trash idiot says it at every high school basketball game.

Reaper16
08-12-2009, 08:22 PM
Every team in every sport should use it.

Then they can change a few words here and there to match their sport.

If there's a promotion that night, why not change it to reflect that, too? (And the chest-protector backpack's safety reflective glare!)

This thing could really catch on! Wait...what would we sing on Armed Forces nights?

I don't care what anyone says. It's disrespectful. Especially when some white trash idiot says it at every high school basketball game.
Fuck that. The Armed Forces fight for our right to assert Chiefs territorial dominance.

CosmicPal
08-12-2009, 08:29 PM
Mike Shanahan -

Rod Smith -

Tedy Bruschi -

John Elway-

Jim Mora -

Rodney Harrison –

- Denver Fan

-Texans Fan

Bryant Young

Damon Haurd-

Billy Miller

Wikipedia:

Quote:

Awesome! Gives me chills reading this. I've been to so many of those games too and it gave me the chills when you're there and hearing it for yourself. It doesn't matter if you've heard it a thousand times or the first time- it still gives you the chills. The team may not be the best, but the fans will always be better than all other fans. And that's saying something.

RustShack
08-12-2009, 08:32 PM
How could anyone have a problem with them saying home of the Chiefs? Those people need to talk into an aids tree.

joesomebody
08-12-2009, 08:44 PM
I don't like it that they do it at Royals games. I think it is disrespectful to the boys in blue, but I love it at Chief's games.

digger
08-12-2009, 08:49 PM
I get chills just reading "Home of the Chiefs"...

DTLB58
08-12-2009, 08:56 PM
I don't like it that they do it at Royals games. I think it is disrespectful to the boys in blue, but I love it at Chief's games.

Heck, I yelled it at the HOF induction ceremony :)

pr_capone
08-12-2009, 09:07 PM
Heck, I yelled it at the HOF induction ceremony :)

I yell it out every time I'm about to release.

:whackit:

MoreLemonPledge
08-12-2009, 09:19 PM
How could anyone have a problem with them saying home of the Chiefs? Those people need to talk into an aids tree.

Tell that to the first war veteran you see.

soundmind
08-12-2009, 09:22 PM
I hope that in the next coming years the Chiefs gets o good that it spreads to KU games, Missouri games, Royals games, etc. I know it used to be more pungent at KU games back when the Chiefs were at least worth a shit. I could hear alot of fans sayin' it

I proudly yell it at Royals games to this day. Actually, anytime I hear it. NBA finals, NCAA Tournament, Big 12 Tourny....it applies anywhere really.

soundmind
08-12-2009, 09:26 PM

It's not done in a manner of disrespect, the song itself is dedicated to the Armed Forces who protect this country, but in Kansas City, you will remember who's stadium you're in.

:D

Titty Meat
08-12-2009, 09:30 PM
Who the fuck complains about it anyway? If you want to be a patriot follow the constitution.

pr_capone
08-12-2009, 09:31 PM

Here I am.

It does not bother me one bit.

Captain Obvious
08-12-2009, 09:32 PM
Only done it once outside of Arrowhead and that was a few years ago when we made St. Louis Arrowhead East.

MoreLemonPledge
08-12-2009, 09:39 PM
I don't know. Just a pet peeve of mine. Most stuff doesn't piss me off...this does for some reason.

Reaper16
08-12-2009, 09:56 PM
PR CAPONE

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
08-12-2009, 10:02 PM
Here I am.

It does not bother me one bit.

Damn, beat me to it. :thumb:

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-13-2009, 12:05 AM
Don't FUCK with Arrowhead.

And, I want the Chop back. I live among Apaches who piss and litter all over their land in a way that would make that 70's "crying Indian" shit his pants, so fuck political correctness and let's reclaim the tradition.

Thig Lyfe
08-13-2009, 12:38 AM
I've always thought it was kinda dumb, but it would be way more offensive if the anthem wasn't such a shitty song.

gta0012
08-13-2009, 12:38 AM
I'm from Jersey/Philly area and my first (and only) chiefs game at arrowhead I heard the CHIEFS chant and I swear I was sooo fucking impressed.

It is amazing and it is a staple of the Chiefs fans. That is second only to the FLY Eagles FLY song sung at eagles games on my list of intimidating/amazing football audience ritual things.

pr_capone
08-13-2009, 12:52 AM
I've always thought it was kinda dumb, but it would be way more offensive if the anthem wasn't such a shitty song.

Sucks that it was set to a bar song... but its a cool poem.

O! say can you see by the dawn's early light
What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming?
Whose broad stripes and bright stars through the perilous fight,
O'er the ramparts we watched were so gallantly streaming?
And the rockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there.
O! say does that star-spangled banner yet wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

On the shore, dimly seen through the mists of the deep,
Where the foe's haughty host in dread silence reposes,
What is that which the breeze, o'er the towering steep,
As it fitfully blows, half conceals, half discloses?
Now it catches the gleam of the morning's first beam,
In full glory reflected now shines in the stream:
'Tis the star-spangled banner! Oh long may it wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

And where is that band who so vauntingly swore
That the havoc of war and the battle's confusion,
A home and a country should leave us no more!
Their blood has washed out their foul footsteps' pollution.
No refuge could save the hireling and slave
From the terror of flight, or the gloom of the grave:
And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

O! thus be it ever, when freemen shall stand
Between their loved home and the war's desolation!
Blest with victory and peace, may the heav'n rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation.
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: 'In God is our trust.'
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-13-2009, 12:55 AM

I do not understand your thought process on this matter.

Tribal Warfare
08-13-2009, 12:57 AM
From GoChiefs:

<div><object width="480" height="381"><param name="movie" value="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x20bur_hall-oates-you-make-my-dreams-come_music&related=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x20bur_hall-oates-you-make-my-dreams-come_music&related=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="381" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always"></embed></object><br /><b><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x20bur_hall-oates-you-make-my-dreams-come_music">Hall &amp; Oates - You Make My Dreams Come True</a></b><br /><i>Uploaded by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/jpdc11">jpdc11</a>. - <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/us/channel/music">Music videos, artist interviews, concerts and more.</a></i></div>

I'm waiting for gochiefs to do a montage involving LJ with this gem

DaneMcCloud
08-13-2009, 01:01 AM
I proudly yell it at Royals games to this day. Actually, anytime I hear it. NBA finals, NCAA Tournament, Big 12 Tourny....it applies anywhere really.

No.

It doesn't.

Thig Lyfe
08-13-2009, 01:02 AM
I do not understand your thought process on this matter.

It just seems like the epitome of the drunken American sports fan stereotype to shit on the national anthem by yelling the name of a sports team over the actual lyrics.

But I can't bring myself to care too much when the song itself is already pretty shitty. It's impossible to sing and it was written about a war whose costliest battle was fought AFTER a peace treaty had been signed. Fuck that shit.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-13-2009, 01:06 AM
<object height="381" width="480">

<embed src="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x20bur_hall-oates-you-make-my-dreams-come_music&related=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" height="381" width="480"></object>
Hall & Oates - You Make My Dreams Come True (http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x20bur_hall-oates-you-make-my-dreams-come_music)
Uploaded by jpdc11 (http://www.dailymotion.com/jpdc11). - Music videos, artist interviews, concerts and more. (http://www.dailymotion.com/us/channel/music)

I'm waiting for gochiefs to do a montage involving LJ with this gem

I see your early 80's suck, and raise you one Epic Pinnacle Suck:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TdaXhpjHws

Tribal Warfare
08-13-2009, 01:11 AM
I see your early 80's suck, and raise you one Epic Pinnacle Suck:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TdaXhpjHws

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW5hUEeIB6U

here's another one

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-13-2009, 01:11 AM
It just seems like the epitome of the drunken American sports fan stereotype to shit on the national anthem by yelling the name of a sports team over the actual lyrics.

But I can't bring myself to care too much when the song itself is already pretty shitty. It's impossible to sing and it was written about a war whose costliest battle was fought AFTER a peace treaty had been signed. Fuck that shit.

1) It's territorial, the placement of "Chiefs" in the anthem rivals Lennon-McCartney, and it's a tradition you will bow to like a Sake-fetching man-servant and like it.

2) I am impressed with your historical acumen. :D

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-13-2009, 01:12 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW5hUEeIB6U

here's another one

I hate that goddamned limey...

Tribal Warfare
08-13-2009, 01:15 AM
I hate that goddamned limey...

PWN3D ROFL

Tribal Warfare
08-13-2009, 01:16 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z25TDccqqdk

here's one for Devard Darling

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-13-2009, 01:26 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z25TDccqqdk

here's one for Devard Darling

Follow up-suckage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35YivWEs3zw

Tribal Warfare
08-13-2009, 01:56 AM
http://www.spike.com/video/michael-mcdonald-i/2794786

and here's my cousin( No Joke)

ChiefJustice
08-13-2009, 03:12 AM
No.

It doesn't.

I agree.

I think it is site specific to Arrowhead.

Hell,the Atlanta Braves have been getting away with this for YEARS!

08-13-2009, 03:51 AM
I agree.

Hell,the Atlanta Braves have been getting away with this for YEARS!Even back in Boston.

Old Dog
08-13-2009, 06:23 AM
quote PR Capone - Here I am. It does not bother me one bit
quote misplaced Chiefs fan - Damn, beat me to it.

3 for 3 in support of it so far then for those who are counting
Hell, I yell it myself (but only at Chiefs games, be it home or on the road)
I will admit though it goes through my head at other sporting events, but I'll sing "brave", even if I might think, "CHIEFS!!!"

BigRedChief
08-13-2009, 06:38 AM
I agree.

When I went to the Indy playoff game in Indy, there were a lot of Chief fans at the game. Enough to make a loud "home of the ...Chiefs". It really upset some people. Not fake BS, how dare they in our stadium but felt it was wrong as Americans. They didn't know about the tradition at Arrowhead and were shocked.

I'll never do that again at another venue other than Arrowhead. I started a thread on the subject back then.

BigRedChief
08-13-2009, 06:38 AM
expanded list.

Mike Shanahan -

Rod Smith -

Tedy Bruschi -

John Elway-

Jim Mora -

Rodney Harrison –

- Denver Fan

-Texans Fan

Bryant Young

Damon Haurd-

Billy Miller

Wikipedia:

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
08-13-2009, 06:40 AM
At Arrowhead it is awesome; tradition that should not be messed with.

Anywhere else; if you yell it your a dumbass.

I have heard it at High School games as well. Shit I even heard some douchbag bag yell it at the end of the anthem before my Tues. night beer league softball game.

Reerun_KC
08-13-2009, 06:51 AM

I have heard it at High School games as well. Shit I even heard some douchbag bag yell it at the end of the anthem before my Tues. night beer league softball game.

No need to call out the "True Fans".

BigRedChief
08-13-2009, 06:53 AM
No need to call out the "True Fans".
We haven't had a discussion in a while about who is a "Real" or "True" fan . You should start one.:rolleyes:

Reerun_KC
08-13-2009, 06:58 AM
We haven't had a discussion in a while about who is a "Real" or "True" fan . You should start one.:rolleyes:

ROFL

Do we really want to go there? I really dont want Chiefzilla or NonSensibleChiefsfans to come on and tell me over and over again how Herm wasnt treated fair and he was just about to get this team to the Superbowl...

UsualSuspects
08-13-2009, 07:03 AM
First post but dang, @ Arrowhead is the only place. IMO.

Nzoner
08-13-2009, 08:35 AM
Mike Shanahan -

Rod Smith -

Tedy Bruschi -

John Elway-

Jim Mora -

Rodney Harrison –

- Denver Fan

-Texans Fan

Bryant Young

Damon Haurd-

Billy Miller

Wikipedia:

Quote:

I was flooded with some great memories reading that,I remember I used to take advil in the games with me because by halftime I had given myself a headache from the yelling.

I so miss that confident feeling I had as a fan that no matter what team was coming into Arrowhead they were going to have a difficult time leaving with a W.

ChiefsOne
08-13-2009, 09:21 AM

Like that makes him cooler than everyone else? The frucking dipshit is at a highschool football game, or for that matter, you look like a frucking retard if you do it any other place other than arrowhead. God people are frucking stupid and yet they are allowed to breed?

My son will be a Chiefs this year at his high school, will I be a douche bag if I say it at his games? :hmmm:

Reerun_KC
08-13-2009, 09:25 AM
My son will be a Chiefs this year at his high school, will I be a douche bag if I say it at his games? :hmmm:

:shrug:

That is a tough one... Maybe wait to see if another d-bag says it first, then you can join in...

You dont want to be the only d-bag in the stands right? :D

ChiefJustice
08-13-2009, 09:25 AM

Yes

Regardless:evil:

ChiefsOne
08-13-2009, 09:52 AM
He will be a Chief not a Chiefs. I will wait for another, before I join it, so I won't be the only idiot!

1ChiefsDan
08-13-2009, 11:24 AM

I have heard it at High School games as well. Shit I even heard some douchbag bag yell it at the end of the anthem before my Tues. night beer league softball game.I yell it at investo each year at the Chiefs/donkey game:D
but that's the only place outside Arrowhead