PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Teicher: Chiefs safeties are ready to take it up a notch

Tribal Warfare
08-12-2009, 10:37 PM
Chiefs safeties are ready to take it up a notch (http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/1379946.html)
By ADAM TEICHER
The Kansas City Star

RIVER FALLS, Wis. | The play was the kind seen far too infrequently by the Chiefs in recent seasons, so it touched off a Super Bowl worthy celebration among their defenders, even if it happened during a recent training-camp practice.

Free safety Jarrad Page knocked a pass away from rookie running back Javarris Williams on a fourth-down play during a 2-minute drill, giving the Chiefs’ defense its feel-good moment.

The Chiefs are counting on Page and strong safety Bernard Pollard to deliver many similar plays when the regular season begins. The Chiefs drafted both players in 2006, Pollard in the second round and Page in the seventh, and in doing so envisioned a day when they would be pillars of a defense that was competitive or better.

They are hopeful this is the year. Page is already there, having given the Chiefs many such plays in his two seasons as a starter. The wait for Pollard has been longer and at times painful but could be over if his training-camp play is any indication.

“When we came here, we both wanted to create a certain identity about what we wanted to get done on the field,” Page said. “We’ve gotten to that point. People kind of know what to expect from us. We have identities. That’s a good thing. Now what we have to do is build on it.”

The Chiefs signed veteran safety Mike Brown shortly before camp to challenge Pollard for his starting spot. The competition hasn’t materialized and may in fact be finished.

“I’m definitely out here competing but I realize my role,” said Brown, who played nine seasons for Chicago but became a free agent when the Bears made no effort to re-sign him.

“Those are their spots. I’m just here in case something happens to them. I’ll be able to come in and play a high level. I’m here to provide some depth. If there’s any insight I can give, I’m willing to do that.

“They’re two young, extremely good safeties and I enjoy watching them play. They both bring a little something different to the table. Bernard is extremely physical and has great power. Page is the great free safety with range and incredible hands and incredible athletic ability.”

Those are the identities Page referred to, and while they are well-earned, they don’t tell the whole story. Page can at times be a sloppy tackler while Pollard’s problems in pass coverage had the Chiefs’ former administration and coaching staff occasionally wondering whether he would be better off as a linebacker.

The switch to the 3-4 system and coordinator Clancy Pendergast’s system could benefit Pollard.

“I really love it because it kind of gets me (closer) to the line of scrimmage,” Pollard said. “I won’t have to line up and play cover 2 every snap or stay back. I’m able to come up and get closer and make plays. That’s what I did in college. That’s more my game.

“I’m happy with where I am and I’m happy with the changes and the new scheme and the new system. I’m ready to play some ball.”

Page played a lot as a rookie and became a starter two seasons ago. He preserved Chiefs victories several times with late-game heroics and now appears ready to move forward in his professional development.

“Being a veteran doesn’t mean you can’t get better,” Page said. “It just means that you’ve seen some things. I feel I’ve seen a lot of things and I feel I’m a really good student of the game. I feel I understand offensive schemes and I understand why Clancy wants us to do certain things out there. It’s my job to get other guys on board with that. Sometimes the younger guys don’t understand. I need to show them.

“That’s what a veteran does.”

The play of Page and Pollard hasn’t left anything for the 31-year-old Brown, who has been strictly a second-teamer on defense. Recent injuries and advancing age scared off other safety-needy teams.

He said he’s at full strength but had a hard time convincing teams of that until the Chiefs came along in June.

“I didn’t have too many takers,” he said. “This role has obviously been an adjustment. Everything is new for me.

“Obviously, I’m older now and probably not as fast as I used to be. But I still feel I can play good football.”

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-12-2009, 10:55 PM
And once again, Wendler eats a big shite-sandwich.

DaneMcCloud
08-12-2009, 10:56 PM

Wendler? What about Billay? He's been saying that Mike Brown will be a difference maker this season.

Sorry, Bill.

LMAO

Buehler445
08-12-2009, 11:00 PM
Wow.

Good news.

Hopefully their solidification of their positions has come through IMPROVEMENT and not a lack of better options.

DaneMcCloud
08-12-2009, 11:00 PM
Wow.

Good news.

Hopefully their solidification of their positions has come through IMPROVEMENT and not a lack of better options.

Honestly, I think it's a little bit of both

Buehler445
08-12-2009, 11:04 PM
Honestly, I think it's a little bit of both

Well, we know McGraw doesn't bring a lot to the table, but if Brown is healthy and playing well, and Pollard is shining, it could....maybe....possibly...be optimistic.

I'm holding out judgement though. I do believe he was not meant for Cover 2.

Hijacking a bit, I'm very anxious to see how some of these underachievers perform in the next year or two now that the suck that was Herm is gone.

We've all said that he was terrible. It will be interesting to see how it translates.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-12-2009, 11:04 PM
A worthy life is one defined by the ability to stop and savor the little details that make it so worthwhile.

Let's do some savoring:

The Chiefs signed veteran safety Mike Brown shortly before camp to challenge Pollard for his starting spot. The competition hasn’t materialized and may in fact be finished.

“I’m definitely out here competing but I realize my role,” said Brown, who played nine seasons for Chicago but became a free agent when the Bears made no effort to re-sign him.

“Those are their spots. I’m just here in case something happens to them. I’ll be able to come in and play a high level. I’m here to provide some depth. If there’s any insight I can give, I’m willing to do that.

:fire:

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-12-2009, 11:09 PM
"Mike Brown is just another interloper brought in to light fires under asses".

-ROR, prior to commencement of 2009 camp.

big nasty kcnut
08-12-2009, 11:20 PM
Bonecrusher!
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-12-2009, 11:27 PM
Bonecrusher!
Posted via Mobile Device

FTW!

Valiant
08-12-2009, 11:27 PM
I hope it is just not more training camp buzz.. It needs to translate into the regular season..

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-12-2009, 11:51 PM
I hope it is just not more training camp buzz.. It needs to translate into the regular season..

Oh I agree completely. That said, these two having an outstanding camp makes me remember what it felt like to go from beating up on your team mates( and vice-versa )during two a days, to actually getting on the field with an opponent and really firing up the war machine.

The thing with these two is that the athleticism, work ethic, and determination are there, but some of the finer points of the technical and mental aspects of the positions need shaping and polishing.

And that's where better coaching and an overhauled team culture come in.
Hot damn; I'm excited about Chiefs defense again!

PBJ:rockon:

kcxiv
08-13-2009, 12:02 AM
Bonecrusher!

DaneMcCloud
08-13-2009, 12:14 AM
Bonecrusher?

Hell, I just hope he's a bonehugger.

As in, making some fucking tackles for once.

Tribal Warfare
08-13-2009, 12:16 AM
Bonecrusher!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fyN0gA2qf78&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fyN0gA2qf78&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-13-2009, 12:19 AM
Bonecrusher?

As in, making some fucking tackles for once.

Official Mascot of Chiefs Defense?

http://www.xs-chaos.co.uk/facehugger2.jpg

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-13-2009, 12:49 AM

Just one more brief thing if I may:

If I were the rest of this fan base, I'd be hoping high and mightily that some "training camp buzz" starts coming from the other side of the football.

Yes, I know Haley has a "critical offensive eye" due to his last job, but something isn't gelling, and those motherfuckers need to step it up. If they can't do better than a Thigshit offense overall for the 2009 season; somebody fucked up in the judgment department.

Get...it...done.
(or at least get it started for fuck's sake)

Titty Meat
08-13-2009, 01:24 AM
Wendler? What about Billay? He's been saying that Mike Brown will be a difference maker this season.

Sorry, Bill.

LMAO

Meh Pollard can be the training camp champion if he wants. All I know is when the games count Mike Brown is solid we haven't been able to say the same about Pollard thus far.

Hammock Parties
08-13-2009, 05:42 AM

Did you MISS this line, asshole?

Page is already there, having given the Chiefs many such plays in his two seasons as a starter. The wait for Pollard has been longer and at times painful but could be over if his training-camp play is any indication.The day Pollard nuts up and becomes a consistent playmaker on this defense is the day I have a steady girlfriend.

And he has played well in camp before. Hell, I thought he was ready to break out last year after attending camp for 2 weeks.

HE FUCKING SUCKED.

Hammock Parties
08-13-2009, 05:44 AM
Meh Pollard can be the training camp champion if he wants. All I know is when the games count Mike Brown is solid we haven't been able to say the same about Pollard thus far.

Mike Brown is the failsafe.

If Pollard continues to be one of the WORST goddamn run support safeties in the league, Brown will take his job in a week.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-13-2009, 08:57 AM
Did you MISS this line, asshole?

The day Pollard nuts up and becomes a consistent playmaker on this defense is the day I have a steady girlfriend.

And he has played well in camp before. Hell, I thought he was ready to break out last year after attending camp for 2 weeks.

HE FUCKING SUCKED.

Nice reading FAIL.

The author is stating that Pollard has possibly turned the corner, NOT that he's fucking up and opening a door for Mike Brown.
Now go help LJ pull Pollard's cleat out of his ass.

DeezNutz
08-13-2009, 09:08 AM
Unfortunately, no amount of practice is going to improve Pollard's subpar speed and football instincts, both of which make him prone to giving up the big play.

In many ways, he was and is a typical second-round pick for the Chiefs.

Sam Hall
08-13-2009, 09:08 AM
Taylor Mays and Eric Berry will be on the radar if they don't take it up a notch.

DeezNutz
08-13-2009, 09:11 AM
Taylor Mays and Eric Berry will be on the radar if they don't take it up a notch.

They damn well better be, regardless.

This team desperately needs playmakers, and there isn't a single one on this defense, save Flowers (and potentially Dorsey...I'm not completely giving up on a second-year player who was as highly rated as he was).

Mr. Krab
08-13-2009, 09:13 AM
I hope it's true but i won't believe it until i actually see it in a live game situation. I'm too used to all the BS that floats out of camp each year.

Fish
08-13-2009, 09:18 AM
Pollard will surprise some folks this year....

Reerun_KC
08-13-2009, 09:23 AM
Unfortunately, no amount of practice is going to improve Pollard's subpar speed and football instincts, both of which make him prone to giving up the big play.

In many ways, he was and is a typical second-round pick for the Chiefs.

Good thing we had Mr Keen Eye for Talent running the show....

Hammock Parties
08-13-2009, 09:23 AM
Pollard will surprise some folks this year....

By plunging to new depths of suckitude...

Crush
08-13-2009, 09:28 AM
Now we're going to add some spiceweasle to these safeties to take it up a notch. BAM!

http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/7158/elzar.jpg

DeezNutz
08-13-2009, 09:29 AM
Good thing we had Mr Keen Eye for Talent running the show....

How Herm was ever labeled a "a great evaluator of talent" is a fucking unbelievable mystery.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-13-2009, 09:37 AM
By plunging to new depths of suckitude...

I heard your boy learned how to pick up a blitz and block it. And it only took what, 7 years?

Pass this on:

http://thehealthblogger.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/cookie.jpg

DaneMcCloud
08-13-2009, 10:11 AM
Eric Berry and Taylor Mays should be on the Chiefs radar, regardless.
Posted via Mobile Device

B_Ambuehl
08-13-2009, 12:11 PM
Jesus Christ. I swear I've read that same article every year the past 4 years. I can't believe anybody on this forum would still believe anything written by anyone covering the chiefs. The day they stop trying to sell Page and Pollard as a viable safety tandem is the day that change finally arrives.

Mecca
08-13-2009, 12:13 PM
Yea this bill of good has been sold I believe 3 years in a row now?

I know they write feel good camp stories and all but many of these seem like just that nothing but feel good camp stories.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-13-2009, 12:22 PM
Oh boo-fucking-hoo; we're running a new scheme, and the reports from camp are consistent between different writers and fans regarding the performance of the safeties and DB's.

And the big bad Jesus Mike Brown is no where to be seen with the first squad because he's a fucking back up.

Deal with it.

Hammock Parties
08-13-2009, 12:33 PM
No, he's not working with the first team because Pollard and Page clearly need ALL THE WORK THEY CAN GET.

Should they falter, Mike Brown, former Pro Bowler, will be ready.

DaneMcCloud
08-13-2009, 12:35 PM
Yea this bill of good has been sold I believe 3 years in a row now?

I know they write feel good camp stories and all but many of these seem like just that nothing but feel good camp stories.

Which is just another reason why some people feel that the Chiefs will win at least 7 games this year and maybe 10.

So many people just don't get it: Either you can play football or you can't.

Jared Allen could play football. Larry Johnson could play football. Will Shields could play football. Brian Waters could play football. Zach Thomas could play football. And on and on.

Bernard Pollard can't play football. No amount of coaching will give this guy the instincts he needs to succeed.

Sweet Daddy Hate
No, he's not working with the first team because Pollard and Page clearly need ALL THE WORK THEY CAN GET.

I was wondering what this weeks line of bullshit would be, and lo and behold; YOU DID NOT DISAPPOINT!

DaneMcCloud

Yeah.

Ready to go on IR after two plays.

BigChiefFan
08-13-2009, 12:36 PM
Good, I'm ready for them to actually play like professionals. I don't think I can take another season of Pollard playing out of position and giving up big plays in the process.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-13-2009, 12:37 PM
You three are all high. Fucking high. UnGODLY fucking high.

Hammock Parties
08-13-2009, 12:37 PM
Yeah.

Ready to go on IR after two plays.

Maybe so. But they will be two GLORIOUS plays before we are returned to our regularly schedule Pollard suckfest.

Eat me, ROR. :evil:

Fish
08-13-2009, 12:38 PM
Hate the Cover 2.... but don't hate Pollard.

All fuckin day ******.....

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-13-2009, 12:41 PM
Hate the Cover 2.... but don't hate Pollard.

All fuckin day ******.....

http://photos.replayphotos.com/images/VAN/sm/Vanderbilt-University-Mens-Sports-Football-Vanderbilt-Chest-Bump-VAN-M-F-00010sm.jpg
BOO-YA!

Hammock Parties
08-13-2009, 12:44 PM
missin' tackles ALL FUCKIN DAY NIGGA!

And ROR posts an image from Purdue....where Pollard could actually play.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-13-2009, 12:45 PM
Maybe so. But they will be two GLORIOUS plays before we are returned to our regularly schedule Pollard suckfest.

Eat me, ROR. :evil:

Why don't you worry about the "wave 'em on through" blocking style that's going to get Cassel mauled in the backfield when the OG( Original Goof-Ass )takes the field, m'kay?

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-13-2009, 12:47 PM
missin' tackles ALL FUCKIN DAY ****A!

And ROR posts an image from Purdue....where Pollard could actually play.

Actually that's Vanderbilt, you half a frozen turd-sandwich. With eyesight that bad, I can understand why you think LJ is so good.

Bitch.:evil:

Hammock Parties
08-13-2009, 12:49 PM
Larry Johnson will be scoring TDs in Kansas City long after Bustard Pollard is cut.

Fish
08-13-2009, 12:55 PM
Seriously though.... I can really see how Pollard would greatly benefit from getting away from the Cover 2. The Cover 2 is hell on young safeties.

The experience that Page and Pollard have now is going to be a huge factor in how they do this year.

And you have to admit that Mike Brown sounds like a defeated puppy dog when asked about Page & Pollard. I think it's pretty clear that P&P are firmly entrenched in their starting positions.

Fish
08-13-2009, 12:56 PM
Larry Johnson will be scoring TDs in Kansas City long after Bustard Pollard is cut.

That's quite illogical.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-13-2009, 12:57 PM
That's quite illogical.

What's new?

Reerun_KC
08-13-2009, 01:05 PM
That's quite illogical.

Did you see who wrote the post? actually its quite delusional, but par for the course...

HemiEd
08-13-2009, 01:07 PM
Bonecrusher?

As in, making some ****ing tackles for once.Isn't it about contract year time, for both of them?

DaneMcCloud
08-13-2009, 01:22 PM
Isn't it about contract year time, for both of them?

I think next year, since they were drafted in 2006.

Unless next year's an uncapped season, in which we get to keep them a year longer.

BigChiefFan
08-13-2009, 01:27 PM
Isn't it about contract year time, for both of them?

Page signed his Restricted Free Agent contract, this off-season. He's on a one year deal.

Pollard is on his final year of an original 4 year deal.

Titty Meat
08-13-2009, 01:29 PM
Really Pollard takes wrong angles all the time and thats something they teach you in high school. I think fans like him becuz he's a play maker on special teams. And yea lets remember how the media wrote about how good Kendrell Bell looked, how Donnie Edwards looked youthful,and LJ is a new player, ect.

Hammock Parties
08-13-2009, 01:29 PM
Seriously though.... I can really see how Pollard would greatly benefit from getting away from the Cover 2. The Cover 2 is hell on young safeties.

It doesn't matter. He sucks as an in-the-box safety, too.

His weaknesses have nothing to do with scheme.

Fish
08-13-2009, 01:36 PM
It doesn't matter. He sucks as an in-the-box safety, too.

His weaknesses have nothing to do with scheme.

Minus the wizard hat, how are you coming to this conclusion?

The cover 2 is all he's known and all he's played in since he's been in the NFL. He's already mentioned several times how much better he feels in this defensive scheme compared to previous years....

Does Mike Brown have the same weaknesses?

Hammock Parties
08-13-2009, 01:39 PM
Minus the wizard hat, how are you coming to this conclusion?

Pollard has not been stuck in a zone the last three years. Far from it. He's come down and played in the box quite a bit. He sucks at it. He gets abused in the open field. He had the lowest stop rate against the run of any Chiefs starter a year ago.

Does Mike Brown have the same weaknesses?

No. He's the anti-Pollard.

Fish
08-13-2009, 01:48 PM
Pollard has not been stuck in a zone the last three years. Far from it. He's come down and played in the box quite a bit. He sucks at it. He gets abused in the open field. He had the lowest stop rate against the run of any Chiefs starter a year ago.

His tackling hasn't been great. But it hasn't been bad enough for him to lose his position. And yes he has been abused in the open field, but all safeties get abused in the open field. Bob Sanders gets abused sometimes. Troy Polamalu gets abused sometimes. It's the nature of the position. And for a guy like Pollard, less responsibility gives him an advantage. For the last 3 years, he's had a lot of responsibility for his position in the Cover 2.

No. He's the anti-Pollard.

But yet the anti-Pollard can't get on the field with the #1s? :hmmm:

the Talking Can
08-13-2009, 01:49 PM
people just like pollard because he's white

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-13-2009, 02:25 PM

Ain't that a bitch?:evil:

Hammock Parties
08-13-2009, 03:58 PM
His tackling hasn't been great. But it hasn't been bad enough for him to lose his position.

I completely disagree.

You want to know where Bob Sanders and Troy Polamalu ranked in stop rate compared to Pollard?

Sanders - 21st
Polamalu - 4th
Pollard - 63rd

PS - Jarrad Page - 37th

Like I said, if Pollard keeps getting his jock stolen, enter Mike Brown.

TEX
08-13-2009, 04:10 PM
Really Pollard takes wrong angles all the time and thats something they teach you in high school. I think fans like him becuz he's a play maker on special teams. And yea lets remember how the media wrote about how good Kendrell Bell looked, how Donnie Edwards looked youthful,and LJ is a new player, ect.

That plus Pollard seems like he runs in slow motion. Why? Because he IS slow. I bet he's gone this time next year.

DaneMcCloud
08-13-2009, 04:19 PM
That plus Pollard seems like he runs in slow motion. Why? Because he IS slow. I bet he's gone this time next year.

Wrong.

It's because he has no football instincts.

He hesitates because he doesn't know what's going to happen next.

In short, he's not a football player.

He's just a guy that plays football.

BigRock
08-13-2009, 04:44 PM
BRING BACK GREG WESLEY

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-13-2009, 04:44 PM
There's a LOT of that on this team.

Hammock Parties
08-13-2009, 04:48 PM
BRING BACK GREG WESLEY

M'fer could play.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-13-2009, 04:49 PM
Depth Chart says "fuck you".

WHAT IS THIS SHIT?!

Do any of you mind-numbing, ball-lickers think for ONE FUCKING MINUTE that Pollard would be running with squad 1 this whole time if he was the Great Suck Machine you make him out to be?!?!?
Under Herm? Maybe.

Under Haley?

NO...FUCKING...WAY. And you know it. So until game day, STFU

Hammock Parties
08-13-2009, 04:51 PM
Depth Chart says "fuck you".

WHAT IS THIS SHIT?!

Do any of you mind-numbing, ball-lickers think for ONE FUCKING MINUTE that Pollard would be running with squad 1 this whole time if he was the Great Suck Machine you make him out to be?!?!?
Under Herm? Maybe.

Under Haley?

NO...FUCKING...WAY. And you know it. So until game day, STFU

Pollard has had good training camps every year.

Every year.

I'm sure Haley is impressed right now.

When Pollard starts making like a keystone cop Saturday night I'm sure he'll be screaming his head off.

Pollard is going to SUCK again and I am going to serve up gifs of his pathetic play like so much CROW for thee.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-13-2009, 04:57 PM

Every year.

When Pollard starts making like a keystone cop Saturday night I'm sure he'll be screaming his head off.

Pollard is going to SUCK again and I am going to serve up gifs of his pathetic play like so much CROW for thee.

Get a clue.

BigRock
08-13-2009, 04:59 PM
M'fer could play.

Why isn't Jesse Jackson demanding to know why Wesley can't get a job, that's what I want to know.

Hammock Parties
08-13-2009, 05:00 PM
Get a clue.

Pollard should get one, too.

http://www.uwrf.edu/chiefs/photogallery/090813pm/Chiefs-090813-pm-006.jpg

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-13-2009, 05:05 PM
Pollard should get one, too.

http://www.uwrf.edu/chiefs/photogallery/090813pm/Chiefs-090813-pm-006.jpg

These pictures you post have no context whatsoever.

But then again, you DO write/work for WIPE Illustrated, so why I would expect something better is completely beyond me.

Hammock Parties
08-13-2009, 05:07 PM
These pictures you post have no context whatsoever.

The context is that a receiver has the ball and Pollard is stumbling around looking lost again.

Titty Meat
08-13-2009, 05:15 PM
Greg Wesley sucked too

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-13-2009, 08:16 PM
The context is that a receiver has the ball and Pollard is stumbling around looking lost again.

You are truly a moron.

PHOG
08-13-2009, 08:23 PM
Most likely.." the notch their about to take up" is going to be their own...

morphius
08-14-2009, 07:34 AM

Every year.

You mean like when he has to make up for yet another time when Page took the wrong angle? Pollard may not be a stud, but Page seems to get the angle wrong so often that it is just scary.

Fish
08-14-2009, 07:54 AM
I completely disagree.

You want to know where Bob Sanders and Troy Polamalu ranked in stop rate compared to Pollard?

Sanders - 21st
Polamalu - 4th
Pollard - 63rd

PS - Jarrad Page - 37th

Like I said, if Pollard keeps getting his jock stolen, enter Mike Brown.

Well the coaches agree, and that's all that matters. And I'm not sure what to think of your new stop rate stat. I'm not finding much info on it. Give me some more info on this stat if you could, and I might consider it legitimate...

beach tribe
08-14-2009, 09:36 AM
Eric Berry and Taylor Mays should be on the Chiefs radar, regardless.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yep. We could use either of these guys. They are Ed Reed level players.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-14-2009, 02:39 PM
You mean like when he has to make up for yet another time when Page took the wrong angle? Pollard may not be a stud, but Page seems to get the angle wrong so often that it is just scary.

:eek: Oh my, what is this?!:D

Titty Meat
08-14-2009, 02:54 PM

Did ya see the stats Claythan posted? Pollard missed more tackles then Page. Pollard is a SS so its more important that he make the tackle.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-14-2009, 03:08 PM
Did ya see the stats Claythan posted? Pollard missed more tackles then Page. Pollard is a SS so its more important that he make the tackle.

I wonder how many tackles Mike Brown will make this year?

http://teanewyork.com/goose_egg.jpg

Titty Meat
08-14-2009, 03:12 PM
I wonder how many tackles Mike Brown will make this year?

http://teanewyork.com/goose_egg.jpg

More then Pollard. You can't make tackles when your on the bench :)

beach tribe
08-14-2009, 03:30 PM
M'fer could play.

You must be joking. I guess that's why he can't even get a roster spot on ANY team.

Hammock Parties
08-14-2009, 07:41 PM
And I'm not sure what to think of your new stop rate stat. I'm not finding much info on it. Give me some more info on this stat if you could, and I might consider it legitimate...

It's from football outsiders.

Stops (Stop): The total number of plays which prevent
a “success” by the offense (45 percent of needed
yards on first down, 60 percent on second down, 100
percent on third or fourth down).

Stop Rate (StpRt): The percentage of all Plays that
are Stops.

It's also worth noting that Page had over twice as many defeats as Pollard (17 vs 6).

Defeats (Dfts): The total number of plays which stop
the offense from gaining first down yardage on third
or fourth down, stop the offense behind the line of
scrimmage, or result in a fumble (regardless of which
team recovers) or interception.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-14-2009, 07:41 PM
You must be joking. I guess that's why he can't even get a roster spot on ANY team.

All this talk from GoChiefs reminds me of game threads last year when he would make a comment about someone like Quinn Gray being awesome, and then proceed to get a massive intrawebs beat down for the next 40 posts.

:shake::D:doh!:

Hammock Parties
09-19-2009, 04:11 AM
Mike Brown is the failsafe.

If Pollard continues to be one of the WORST goddamn run support safeties in the league, Brown will take his job in a week.

big pimpin

Hammock Parties
09-19-2009, 04:12 AM

http://beyondthebeat.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/nostradamus_by_lemud.jpg

Hammock Parties
09-19-2009, 04:14 AM

http://trzupek.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/crystal_ball.jpg

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-19-2009, 10:17 AM
What is LJ up to now in both pre season a game one; about one half of a Terrell Davis game?

Hammock Parties
09-19-2009, 10:54 AM
FAIL

FYP

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-19-2009, 11:10 AM
My sweet baboo is going to choke a choad this year

That wasn't me, that was Firefox reality-checker.:evil: