PDA

View Full Version : Football Reliving Greatness: The 1985 Bears

mfkrush
08-14-2009, 11:43 AM
Look back at the 1985 Bears with a pretty sweet video, this definitely makes you feel good looking back at this.... it's worth the watch even if you aren't a Bears fan. They really did DOMINATE the NFL.

http://www.chicitysports.com/2009/08/14/reliving-greatness-85-bears/

teedubya
08-14-2009, 11:46 AM
They were the first team that I really liked in teh NFL. The Chiefs had always SUCKED balls... the 85 Bears made me really appreciate the game of football.

Then in 1986, the Chiefs were decent and made the playoffs... and that swooned me to become a Chiefs fan, as well.

Then Payton retired, now I really don't give a fuck about the Bears.

Stewie
08-14-2009, 11:47 AM
I really liked that Bears team. Tough as nails D, that goofy QB, and Sweetness.

Skip Towne
08-14-2009, 11:59 AM
The Bears were my first favorite team. There were no Chiefs or Cowboys so they were the closest team to where I lived.

CoMoChief
08-14-2009, 12:23 PM
Best football team ever.

And you can go fuck yourself if you disagree and say 1972 Dolphins. That team wouldn't stand a chance against the 85 Ditka's.

BigVE
08-14-2009, 12:45 PM
They were the first team that I really liked in teh NFL. The Chiefs had always SUCKED balls... the 85 Bears made me really appreciate the game of football.

Then in 1986, the Chiefs were decent and made the playoffs... and that swooned me to become a Chiefs fan, as well.

Then Payton retired, now I really don't give a **** about the Bears.

Wow, almost my sentiments exactly! Okoye, Neil Smith and finally DT got me really hooked on the Chiefs.

HemiEd
08-14-2009, 12:48 PM
:cuss::cuss:Please make it stop! Please! That is all we hear about up here, the 85 Bears, but they have idea who won the World Series that year.

Chief Chief
08-14-2009, 12:57 PM
DUH Bears of '85 made the greatest impact off the field that year when they proved that white dudes CAIN'T dance and football play-uhz CAIN'T rap!!!

Swanman
08-14-2009, 01:19 PM
:cuss::cuss:Please make it stop! Please! That is all we hear about up here, the 85 Bears, but they have idea who won the World Series that year.

I work with one of the 85 Bears, and he is sick of hearing about it too.

HemiEd
08-14-2009, 01:34 PM
I work with one of the 85 Bears, and he is sick of hearing about it too.Really, that seems strange, must be a pretty modest and cool guy.

Many of my golfing and bowling friends just wear that subject out. It seems like forever since the Royals won the world series, but you would think the 85 Bears were last year.

blaise
08-14-2009, 01:48 PM
I remember the Monday Night Football game they lost to Miami that year. I wanted to see it so bad and there was a huge snowstorm in NY state, where I lived. We all had to go into the gym after school and they told us they didn't know when we could go home because the roads were so bad. I was somehow afraid I would have to stay the night at school and miss the game (I was a kid). But I finally made it home and the game was one of the most interesting games I can remember ever seeing on MNF.

CoMoChief
08-14-2009, 01:52 PM
I remember the Monday Night Football game they lost to Miami that year. I wanted to see it so bad and there was a huge snowstorm in NY state, where I lived. We all had to go into the gym after school and they told us they didn't know when we could go home because the roads were so bad. I was somehow afraid I would have to stay the night at school and miss the game (I was a kid). But I finally made it home and the game was one of the most interesting games I can remember ever seeing on MNF.

And fuckin Don Johnson was running up and down the MIA sidelines like a foolish monkey pumping up the crowd.

Fuck Nash Bridges.

God I hate Don Johnson.

JD10367
08-14-2009, 02:12 PM
As a Patriots fan, this thread makes my testicles curl up into my body and makes me want to go hide in the closet in a fetal position.

The magic of that playoff run for the Pats, who'd never done much of anything up until then. They were the first team to win three road playoff games. Beating the Raiders to get back at them for Ben Dreith's "roughing the passer" call (which screwed one of the best teams we'd had). Beating the mighty Dolphins. The "Squish The Fish" t-shirts. Raymond Berry at coach. The young gun Tony Eason, full of promise. John Hannah still playing and playing well. Getting to our first Super Bowl.

And then the game started. IIRC TE Lin Dawson went out early with an injury, and the team just never really had much of a chance against the Bears' D. It soon turned into a joke, with Refrigerator Perry lead-blocking for TDs, and Tony Eason turtling so badly that John Hannah uttered his now-infamous "he should've been wearing a dress" comment and Eason's career never recovered. Soon Steve Grogan and John Hannah were gone, and the team spiraled back into ugliness for the next 8 years....

tomahawk kid
08-14-2009, 02:18 PM
"We ain't here to cause no trouble.....we just here to do da SuperBowl shuffle........."

MOhillbilly
08-14-2009, 02:27 PM
It was COLD and WINDY for that SB here in SWMO. i remember my dad and his buddy going back and forth to make sure the smoker was on par for the party.

Pioli Zombie
08-14-2009, 04:03 PM
As a Patriots fan, this thread makes my testicles curl up into my body and makes me want to go hide in the closet in a fetal position.

The magic of that playoff run for the Pats, who'd never done much of anything up until then. They were the first team to win three road playoff games. Beating the Raiders to get back at them for Ben Dreith's "roughing the passer" call (which screwed one of the best teams we'd had). Beating the mighty Dolphins. The "Squish The Fish" t-shirts. Raymond Berry at coach. The young gun Tony Eason, full of promise. John Hannah still playing and playing well. Getting to our first Super Bowl.

And then the game started. IIRC TE Lin Dawson went out early with an injury, and the team just never really had much of a chance against the Bears' D. It soon turned into a joke, with Refrigerator Perry lead-blocking for TDs, and Tony Eason turtling so badly that John Hannah uttered his now-infamous "he should've been wearing a dress" comment and Eason's career never recovered. Soon Steve Grogan and John Hannah were gone, and the team spiraled back into ugliness for the next 8 years....
That run by the Patriots was one of the greatest sports memories of my life. I still watch the Raiders and Dolphins games and it never gets old. But I had no illusions of beating the Bears. I was just happy to say the Patriots were going to the SB. In fact, before the Miami game I told a coworker the Patriots would beat Miami and then lose to Chicago 44-2. That Bear team was awesome all year. They went to Dallas and beat a Cowboy team that won its division that year 44-0. For one year that was the scariest defense I ever saw. But John Hannah was an ass hole for saying that. Eason got the Patriots to the SB, Steve Grogan never won a playoff game in his career. Eason and Berry got a very raw deal in NE for what they accomplished.
Posted via Mobile Device

Goldmember
08-14-2009, 04:24 PM
A team that was even better than the 85 Bears in points allowed per game was the 1975 Atlanta Falcons.
Unfortunately, their offense was horrid.

They also set the record for the fewest points allowed per game for the year with 9.2 (a mark that not even the 1985 Bears defense could match).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Atlanta_Falcons

Pioli Zombie
08-14-2009, 06:24 PM
The Royals are trying to be MLBs version of that Falcon team. Their goal is make every game 0-0
Posted via Mobile Device