PDA

View Full Version : Football NFL Game Rewind

The Rick
08-14-2009, 11:56 AM
http://www.nfl.com/gamerewind/

Anybody use NFL Game Rewind?

Just signed up for this for the upcoming season ($40). You can watch all games in their entirety for the 2009 season (they also have an archive of all the 2008 games) commercial free. Supposedly, the games are posted within 24 hours of being played.

This is going to be my attempt this year to be able to watch all the Chiefs games. Last year was my first year without DirecTV/Sunday Ticket. The cost just became too ridiculous in my mind. The final straw for me was having to pay an extra $100 just to get the games in HD.

I had been looking into getting a SlingBox and sticking it at my parents house, but this may just do the trick as long as I can avoid all scores and highlights. :)

wasi
08-14-2009, 12:22 PM
Avoiding the score until the game is posted would be the biggest drawback. Commercial free is nice.

KcFanInGA
08-14-2009, 12:50 PM
Interesting. I may give this a shot, I am out of market for my Chiefs, and was looking for a cheap way to see the games. Thanks for posting, I'm gonna check into this. Give us an update on picture quality and such once you start watching games if you can. Thanks!

KcFanInGA
08-14-2009, 12:54 PM
Nevermind, they have a demo on the site. Nice picture quality on full screen mode. I am getting this today or tomorrow, this will work nicely.

The Rick
08-14-2009, 12:56 PM
Interesting. I may give this a shot, I am out of market for my Chiefs, and was looking for a cheap way to see the games. Thanks for posting, I'm gonna check into this. Give us an update on picture quality and such once you start watching games if you can. Thanks!

Actually, I checked it out a little bit already and watched a couple of minutes of last year's opening day game against the Patriots.

Looks slick so far. The video quality is very good. They advertise that it's HD and I'd say it's at least pretty close to HD if not HD. That's here at work also and I know my Internet speeds at home are much better.

The big thing for me is going to be how long it takes the games to show up on the site...

DaFace
08-14-2009, 12:58 PM
Intriguing.

The Rick
08-14-2009, 12:58 PM
Nevermind, they have a demo on the site. Nice picture quality on full screen mode. I am getting this today or tomorrow, this will work nicely.

Awesome. I'm hoping this is the NFL's way of putting dipping their toe into the water of streaming live games online, like MLB does.

I wouldn't be surprised if their deal with DirecTV prohibits them from doing that though. :huh:

QuikSsurfer
08-14-2009, 01:16 PM
Very cool. I just signed up.

REP

MMXcalibur
08-14-2009, 01:35 PM
It's impossible for me to try and "avoid" scores and highlights. If I know the game is on, I have to be there either watching it on TV or listening to it on the radio. Even when I was in Korea last year, I got up at 2 AM Monday mornings to watch the Chiefs games on the Internet. I absolutely cannot do tape delay. Preseason games are different since the result means dick and I'd rather watch to see how everyone is performing. Regular season and playoffs are much different. Good luck in avoiding hearing about scores for 24 hours. I imagine after the first 2-3 times some asshole tells you the score of a Chiefs game before the game is up to be viewed, you'll be finding alternate means to watch that game live.

Donger
08-14-2009, 01:43 PM
Interesting. Of course, it wouldn't be needed if *someone* streamed the games again this year.

Deberg_1990
08-14-2009, 01:44 PM
Awesome. I'm hoping this is the NFL's way of putting dipping their toe into the water of streaming live games online, like MLB does.

I wouldn't be surprised if their deal with DirecTV prohibits them from doing that though. :huh:

Yea, i dont get why they dont stream live yet?? Seems they are leaving a TON of money on the table by not doing it?

aturnis
08-16-2009, 08:30 AM

Where is this demo? Has anyone watched the Chiefs game yet? Is this worth the $40

bevischief
08-16-2009, 06:49 PM
Interesting. Of course, it wouldn't be needed if *someone* streamed the games again this year.

Or sling box the games...

CaliforniaChief
08-16-2009, 07:15 PM
This certainly is something to think about. I don't know...I've lined up some side jobs at the end of this month that will give me enough money to pay for the Sunday Ticket, and I was looking forward to that. However, with family budget struggles it's awfully hard to justify spending $300 on something that doesn't contribute to children eating, cars driving, or a mortgage payment.

The issue is, as many have already pointed out, how long it takes to go on the site. I get the sense that it will be sooner than 24 hours, but it's pretty tough to not talk to anyone, not go on the internet, not check e-mail, and not answer the phone.

ChiefsFan4Life
08-16-2009, 07:38 PM
I would sign up for this now if it was live - but there is no way in hell I could avoid the scores even if I tried

CaliforniaChief
08-16-2009, 07:44 PM
I would sign up for this now if it was live - but there is no way in hell I could avoid the scores even if I tried

Living on the West Coast forces me to do this anyways, because I'm in church until 12:30 or 1:00 Pacific Time. All these guys usually come streaming out of church checking scores on their phones force me to hide or just hang out with the non-sports folks. Or I'll just go up to every guy I know would spoil it and tell them not to tell me anything about the game.

MahiMike
08-16-2009, 07:53 PM
Thid is awesome! I watch most of my games on DVD anyway. I can't stand commercials. My new laptop has HDMI output to my bigscreen. This is the future. Thanks for sharing.

aturnis
08-16-2009, 08:53 PM
Can I stream this over my PS3?

CaliforniaChief
08-17-2009, 04:33 PM
Hey all, just wanted to post a follow-up from an e-mail I received regarding NFL Game Rewind. I had asked how long it takes for them to post the games online. This is their response. They wrote me back within a day of my post.

"Regular season games will be available through Game Rewind 1-3 hours after the completion of the game. Unfortunately, preseason games are not available on Game Rewind."

I added the boldface. I'm seriously interested now in doing this instead of the Ticket. I am waiting to see if I'm chosen to receive the offer for current DTV subscribers that is 5 months premium channels + the Ticket for $60/month...otherwise I might just do it.

CaliforniaChief
08-17-2009, 04:51 PM
As a follow-up, I was concerned that when I log in, the scores would show up but I just found out in the help chat room that you can disable scores and go right to the game without knowing the score. Ok I'll stop double-posting now.

DaFace
08-17-2009, 04:56 PM
Damn, that's insanely tempting.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-17-2009, 04:58 PM
The live streaming sucks balls this year, at least until TV Ants fires up. Homer TV was good, but I think they got shut down.

Fuckin' NFL...

aturnis
08-17-2009, 05:00 PM
Did you ask them if I could stream it to my TV using my PS3?
:D

CaliforniaChief
08-17-2009, 05:13 PM
Sorry man, I didn't ask...but if you go to the site and navigate to the live chat desk before 10 Eastern tonight, you can ask them and you'll have your answer in 5 minutes.

JuicesFlowing
09-10-2009, 02:52 PM
Yea, i dont get why they dont stream live yet?? Seems they are leaving a TON of money on the table by not doing it?

They should also offer blacked-out games on pay-per-view.

R&GHomer
09-10-2009, 02:58 PM

I didn't see the demo

Stinger
09-10-2009, 03:03 PM
I didn't see the demo

Bottom left of the page right next to the features. It is hard to see with the color of text they put it in.

HypnotizedMonkey
09-10-2009, 03:04 PM
this is pretty awesome. they're almost there.

R&GHomer
09-10-2009, 03:05 PM
Bottom left of the page right next to the features. It is hard to see with the color of text they put it in.

Found it, not bad all. I wonder if this will play through the PS3

rbf
09-10-2009, 03:09 PM
I signed up last week for Rewind. The quality of last years' games are not real good for me, not nearly as sharp of picture as the demo. Part of that is my DSL connection, got a guy working on that tomorrow but the demo is still sharper than the games by far.

CaliforniaChief
09-10-2009, 03:09 PM
I ordered it a few days ago. They have all the games from 2008 on there so of course I watched both wins. It's a nice program.

wild1
09-10-2009, 03:12 PM
I'm going to bookmark this. Will someone please tell me how soon the week 1 game goes up, relative to when the game is played? I'm out of market and DirectTV isn't an option.

Stinger
09-10-2009, 03:13 PM
I ordered it a few days ago. They have all the games from 2008 on there so of course I watched both wins.

Or you could just watch the first half of most games and skip the 2nd. :D

:mad: :banghead: Dammit Herm!!!!!!!!!! :cuss:

aturnis
09-10-2009, 03:19 PM
Found it, not bad all. I wonder if this will play through the PS3

It won't unless you install a different OS. Only supports windows and Mac I believe.

CaliforniaChief
09-10-2009, 03:30 PM
I'll try, although this weekend's got some complications for me...not sure if I'm going to be online much. Just as an aside, if you have DirecTV but NOT the Sunday Ticket, they're doing a free preview of the Sunday Ticket this weekend. So if you have DTV, you're good this week.

I should be good next weekend too because they play the Raiders and I'm in Southern California.

blazzin311
09-10-2009, 03:31 PM
Yea I just found out about this last night and signed up for it. I also read that all games played on Sundays will be available to watch by 9pm pacific time.

CaliforniaChief
09-10-2009, 03:36 PM
Yea I just found out about this last night and signed up for it. I also read that all games played on Sundays will be available to watch by 9pm pacific time.

I was actually told by them (via e-mail) that the game would be posted 1-3 hours after completion of the game.

C-Mac
09-10-2009, 03:48 PM
Can I stream this over my PS3?

It appears you have to download their video player plugin. If you can do that with PS3 then I would think it would work fine with any internet browser.

"What is the "Move Networks Media Player", how can I find out if I am able to play videos?
Move Media Player is a revolutionary approach to online video broadcasting and streaming powered by Move Networks, Inc.
For further information about the requirements for the Move Networks Media Player, please click here (http://gamerewind.nfl.com/nflgr/move/help/helpmove.htm).

aturnis
09-10-2009, 04:12 PM
It appears you have to download their video player plugin. If you can do that with PS3 then I would think it would work fine with any internet browser.

"What is the "Move Networks Media Player", how can I find out if I am able to play videos?
Move Media Player is a revolutionary approach to online video broadcasting and streaming powered by Move Networks, Inc.
For further information about the requirements for the Move Networks Media Player, please click here (http://gamerewind.nfl.com/nflgr/move/help/helpmove.htm).

Thanks MAC. I checked it out, and found out you can't use the PS3(post #34). I know you have your site with all of that GLORIOUS footage, ever try your hand in streaming live?

blazzin311
09-10-2009, 05:02 PM
I was actually told by them (via e-mail) that the game would be posted 1-3 hours after completion of the game.

Well when I was signing up there was a note off to the side that said they all games would be available to watch at 9pm pacific time. So I figured this meant at the very latest that's how long it could possibly take until the games were watchable on the site. But 1-3 hrs. would be sweet.

R&GHomer
09-10-2009, 05:09 PM
This is very tempting, but my laptop doesn't have HDMI and I have not been able to get DVI "I think that's it" to work correctly, it's like it looses the green color band when I hook it to my big screen. S video sucks. Man it would be sweet to figure out how to make that work.

C-Mac
09-10-2009, 06:14 PM
Thanks MAC. I checked it out, and found out you can't use the PS3(post #34). I know you have your site with all of that GLORIOUS footage, ever try your hand in streaming live?

Actually Mr Aturnus, I think I was the first to stream a Chiefs game but the bandwidth at the time continually caused problems and finally gave up. What I will be trying to do this year is upload every game each week to the site, with a goal of just an hour or less of its conclusion. :)