PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Thigpen should be starting.

CCU2000
08-15-2009, 10:02 PM
He got the legs, arm, and accuracy.

Let's get Thigggy with it!

LaChapelle
08-15-2009, 10:04 PM
Most the players probably have cars with remote starters.

chiefs1111
08-15-2009, 10:04 PM
ROFL

Hammock Parties
08-15-2009, 10:05 PM
Thigpen will be cut. He's the laughingstock of Kansas City.

Titty Meat
08-15-2009, 10:06 PM
And people say I'm the worst poster on here. Thigpen?

btlook1
08-15-2009, 10:09 PM
This probably won't be to popular here either however I misssed the first 10mins of the game....other than a couple of mistakes by Brokie...maybe he should be starting? Thigpen is a 3rd stringer...albeit a good 3rd stringer!

KcMizzou
08-15-2009, 10:10 PM
Strictly for the Thiggas

DeezNutz
08-15-2009, 10:11 PM
Strictly for the Thiggas

Thigga what?

Hammock Parties
08-15-2009, 10:11 PM
...in the CFL

pr_capone
08-15-2009, 10:12 PM
Thigga what?

Thigga who?

KcMizzou
08-15-2009, 10:12 PM
Thigga what?Thigga please...

KCDC
08-15-2009, 10:13 PM
If he keeps on playing well, look for Pioli to try and trade him for a draft pick.

Tiger's Fan
08-15-2009, 10:22 PM
If he keeps on playing well, look for Pioli to try and trade him for a draft pick.

To a dumbass.

Bwana
08-15-2009, 10:25 PM
ROFL

:spock:

smittysbar
08-15-2009, 10:25 PM
This has to be a joke

KCChiefsMan
08-15-2009, 10:26 PM
I think the guy is serious

prhom
08-15-2009, 10:27 PM
Why won't we keep all three guys on the roster? I can't help but think Cassel will play better when he's throwing to guys who catch the ball, Thigpen would be a great wildcat QB to use a few times a game, and no one here can argue that Brodie would be the best 3rd string QB in the league. I just don't see us trading or getting rid of any of these guys until Cassel actually proves himself in the regular season and I don't think there's anyone out there that would be a better 2nd or 3rd string QB to pick up.

Tiger's Fan
08-15-2009, 10:27 PM
There seem to be an extraordinary amount of morans that post on game day/night.

ArrowheadMagic
08-15-2009, 10:29 PM
Whomever has a better chance of making it thru a seaso...er....game ..... should be the backup.

LaChapelle
08-15-2009, 10:43 PM
No -Battle should be starting thread? The place, it's a slippin.

wazu
08-15-2009, 11:18 PM
I love how people dismiss this as if it's blasphemy. Thigpen put up numbers last year in 2-14 KC that weren't that far off the mark from what Cassel was doing with Moss and Welker in New England.

I'm not ready to make the leap to "he should be the starter", but let's not pretend that it's an absurd position to take. Cassel has plenty to prove. Can he do it without the surrounding cast?

pr_capone
08-15-2009, 11:20 PM
I love how people dismiss this as if it's blasphemy. Thigpen put up numbers last year in 2-14 KC that weren't that far off the mark from what Cassel was doing with Moss and Welker in New England.

I'm not ready to make the leap to "he should be the starter", but let's not pretend that it's an absurd position to take. Cassel has plenty to prove. Can he do it without the surrounding cast?

:clap:

Slainte
08-15-2009, 11:20 PM
There seem to be an extraordinary amount of morans that post on game day/night.

Ther sure are!

ClevelandBronco
08-15-2009, 11:27 PM
Thigga please...

That's the second Doughboy reference I've seen in the same number of days. And each was from a different line.

ClevelandBronco
08-15-2009, 11:31 PM
...Brodie would be the best 3rd string QB in the league...

He'd trip over a cord on the sideline and go on IR.

CrazyPhuD
08-15-2009, 11:35 PM
Well to be fair he could probably start in denver....

ClevelandBronco
08-15-2009, 11:36 PM

We have our cheerleader corps in place. Maybe next year.

Tiger's Fan
08-15-2009, 11:51 PM

Croyle or Huard could start in Denver.

prhom
08-16-2009, 12:03 AM
He'd trip over a cord on the sideline and go on IR.

No joke, you're right. I said 3rd string though, I hope it doesn't come to that this year! We went through QBs last year like you guys went through RBs, that has to be an exception to the norm.

Thig Lyfe
08-16-2009, 12:39 AM
YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Reaper16
08-16-2009, 12:46 AM

Let's get Thigpen with it!

:clap:

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e57/Thereaper16/2vjso51jpg.gif

Thig Lyfe
08-16-2009, 12:48 AM
Y'all are Thignorant.

Reaper16
08-16-2009, 12:49 AM
I likes me a Thiggy Thiggy Thig girl.

I only smokes the stickiest of the Thiggy.

DBOSHO
08-16-2009, 12:52 AM
i have to see more of cassel, but thigpen is a starter. he makes things happen. why people have so much hate for him ill never know

Reaper16
08-16-2009, 12:54 AM
i have to see more of cassel, but thigpen is a starter. he makes things happen. why people have so much hate for him ill never know
Because he is terrible. Unequivocally fucking awful. Anyone that has even a meager understanding of football knows this.

btlook1
08-16-2009, 01:00 AM

Why? Becuase he's at best a 2nd string QB in the NFL!
I doubt people hate him they just want better...than Thigpen.

kcfanXIII
08-16-2009, 01:00 AM

cause his passes wobble like a wounded duck, cause he's about as accurate as dick cheney, cause he can't run a pro offense.

i'd like to keep him around as a third stringer let him develop and see what he has in 2-3 years. no way does he start, unless you want to run the spread all the time.

Gonzo
08-16-2009, 01:02 AM
Because he is terrible. Unequivocally fucking awful. Anyone that has even a meager understanding of football knows this.

He's better than Orton.
Posted via Mobile Device

DBOSHO
08-16-2009, 01:02 AM

lemme ask you something. if cassel threw the exact same passes would you say that he was "unequivocally awful?" i doubt it. maybe your a real fan thats unbuyest but after alll the bullshit i read here on a daily basis its unlikely

ClevelandBronco
08-16-2009, 01:04 AM

He'd be just fine in a three game season.

DBOSHO
08-16-2009, 01:04 AM
cause his passes wobble like a wounded duck, cause he's about as accurate as dick cheney, cause he can't run a pro offense.

i'd like to keep him around as a third stringer let him develop and see what he has in 2-3 years. no way does he start, unless you want to run the spread all the time.

he came from under center alot in tonights game including the touchdown, but hey, he cant do that.

ClevelandBronco
08-16-2009, 01:05 AM
He's better than Orton.
Posted via Mobile Device

Really? Would you trade straight up?

Why or why not?

Posted via Stationary Device

btlook1
08-16-2009, 01:08 AM

Why or why not?

Posted via Stationary Device...

NOPE....you bums can keep Orton.....we are going to enjoy watching him this year.

Tiger's Fan
08-16-2009, 01:09 AM
lemme ask you something. if cassel threw the exact same passes would you say that he was "unequivocally awful?" i doubt it. maybe your a real fan thats unbuyest but after alll the bullshit i read here on a daily basis its unlikely

If Cassel threw the ball like Thigpen, I'd call him awful too.

It's "unbiased" BTW.

Reaper16
08-16-2009, 01:10 AM
Oh, yeah. If Cassel ever looked as bad as Thigpen always has then I'd probably have murdered Pioli by now.

ClevelandBronco
08-16-2009, 01:10 AM
NOPE....you bums can keep Orton.....we are going to enjoy watching him this year.

You're a fine judge of talent.

Damned shame we won't be able to watch Thiggy this year.

Gonzo
08-16-2009, 01:12 AM

Why or why not?

Posted via Stationary Device

No, I'd require further compensation for this type of trade. Like a 7th rounder because they are both equally terrible. Thigpen can scramble though. His legs are worth the extra pick.
Posted via Mobile Device

ClevelandBronco
08-16-2009, 01:14 AM
No, I'd require further compensation for this type of trade. Like a 7th rounder because they are both equally terrible. Thigpen can scramble though. His legs are worth the extra pick.
Posted via Mobile Device

ROFL

btlook1

Damned shame we won't be able to watch Thigpen this year.

I would be happy to stay around and trade insults with you but I'm tired. Didn't Orton just throw like 3 picks in his opener as a Donkey? At least Thiggy should have some upside one year in the league that he's played...Ortons been in a few years hasn't he? Oh yea you guys traded Whiny Jayc for him so he's got to be good....yeah right! Donkey fans are in for a long year I think.

UsualSuspects

If you do, it was a give me! :)

POND_OF_RED
08-16-2009, 01:44 AM

OH SNAP!!! "Our starters better than your 3rd stringer!!!" Sure is great to see the Broncos fall so fast.

ClevelandBronco
08-16-2009, 01:46 AM
OH SNAP!!! "Our starters better than your 3rd stringer!!!" Sure is great to see the Broncos fall so fast.

Home, it was your guy who thought that your third stringer was better than our starter. I was just trying to make sure he meant it.

POND_OF_RED
08-16-2009, 01:52 AM
Home, it was your guy who thought that your third stringer was better than our starter. I was just trying to make sure he meant it.

I wasn't saying it wasn't true. Hell, Mark Bradley has a better arm than Orton.

MikeMaslowski
08-16-2009, 02:02 AM
Well if Brady gets hurt we can trade thiggy to NE for an old guy that makes 100K and NE will win the SB. Cuz they are amazing and it takes no skills to just stand behind that offense and play catch with moss. I hope my sarcasm comes across...although it may be a bit misguided for this topic.

I'm going back to bed. Damn tequila.

Pablo
08-16-2009, 02:05 AM
OH SNAP!!! "Our starters better than your 3rd stringer!!!" Sure is great to see the Broncos fall so fast.The sad thing is; our 3rd string QB is capable of getting a first down...even if it is with his legs. Neckbeard, well, he throws a mean INT!

ClevelandBronco
08-16-2009, 02:06 AM
Croyle or Huard could start in Denver.

I know the perfect insurance company if they need a reference...

Pablo
08-16-2009, 02:12 AM
I know the perfect insurance company if they need a reference...Orton will be selling insurance by Jan 2010; so I'm sure they'll have an agent they can trust.

ClevelandBronco
08-16-2009, 02:22 AM
Orton will be selling insurance by Jan 2010; so I'm sure they'll have an agent they can trust.

Damn. I wish I'd thought of the insurance angle.

Nice call, Pablita.

ChiefsFanatic
08-16-2009, 02:52 AM

I agree. People say last year we were a joke on offense because of Thigpen, then in the next sentence they say Cassel may have a bad year because he has no one to throw to.

Well, last year Thigpen was the QB for a team that went 4-12 and finished the previous season with 9 losses in a row. Cassel was the QB on a team that went 16-0 the previous season.

I say people should remember all the games we were in at the end, when the defense just pissed itself. But, since I just don't blindly agree, I must be an idiot.

the Talking Can
08-16-2009, 05:15 AM
this must be what WPI is like.....

milkman
08-16-2009, 05:46 AM
Thigpen has accuracy issues.
He has difficulty playing from under center.
He tucks and runs to quickly.

But the fact is, he's a gamer.

He might develop into starter material in time, but, for now, he's not a bad backup option for a couple games.

milkman
08-16-2009, 05:50 AM

Orton isn't as bad as we try to paint him to be, but neither is he good.

He's a scrub QB who will never be anything more than a scrub QB.

I wouldn't trade Thigpen for Orton straight up, because I think Thigpen has some potential to develop.

Orton, not so much.

Skip Towne
08-16-2009, 05:57 AM

I wouldn't trade Thigpen for Orton straight up, because I think Thigpen has some potential to develop.

Orton, not so much.

This

PRIEST
08-16-2009, 06:08 AM

Let's get Thigpen with it!

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ROFL

chiefs1okie
08-16-2009, 06:28 AM
Thigpen has accuracy issues.
He has difficulty playing from under center.
He tucks and runs to quickly.

But the fact is, he's a gamer.

He might develop into starter material in time, but, for now, he's not a bad backup option for a couple games.

I agree with this. He has some "issues", but there is no question about determination.

Quesadilla Joe
08-16-2009, 06:39 AM

Orton, not so much.

Matt Cassel is not any better than Kyle Orton.

tomahawk kid
08-16-2009, 06:43 AM
This has to be a joke

It's not.

One of the guys we tailgate with at every home game was already touting this very thought as we were exiting the stadium last night.

My biggest complaint was that it didn't seem like they let Cassel throw as much as Brokie and Thigpen.....

Groves
08-16-2009, 06:46 AM
The correct version would be "Getting Thiggy with it."

Pasta Little Brioni
08-16-2009, 06:48 AM

Give it a rest. You are not going to convince anyone here that Orton is any good. Especially coming off a horrible 3 pick debut.

milkman
08-16-2009, 06:50 AM

Yeah, ok, whatever you say dipshit.

chiefqueen
08-16-2009, 07:33 AM
You could have knocked me over with a feather when I saw this thread this morning. (/sarcasm)

the Talking Can
08-16-2009, 07:46 AM

this sums up what you know about football:

Quesadilla Joe
08-16-2009, 07:46 AM
Give it a rest. You are not going to convince anyone here that Orton is any good. Especially coming off a horrible 3 pick debut.

I thought the consensus around here is that preseason means nothing? I mean, that is what everyone was saying last night when R2P2 was back in full affect.

Danman
08-16-2009, 07:47 AM
Wow, only 5 pages. . . KC must be sleepin in

the Talking Can
08-16-2009, 07:49 AM
I thought the consensus around here is that preseason means nothing? I mean, that is what everyone was saying last night when R2P2 was back in full affect.

cassel was fine, so what is your point?

did he thow 3 ints?

did he miss wide open guys?

no and no

did haley give a shit about game planning and running the playbook?

no

is there any evidence you listened to our coach when he explained what he wanted from the game?

no

is there a single neuron firing in your cranium?

no

Quesadilla Joe
08-16-2009, 07:51 AM
cassel was fine, so what is your point?

did he thow 3 ints?

did he miss wide open guys?

no and no

did haley give a shit about game planning and running the playbook?

no

is there any evidence you listened to our coach when he explained what he wanted from the game?

no

is there a single neuron firing in your cranium?

no

Cassel did nothing. Because your coach didn't trust him to throw the ball more than 5 times.

milkman
08-16-2009, 07:53 AM

It is the consensus around here.

That's why what Orton did was that much more glaring.

While our team just went into the first preseason game working on the basics, your boy wonder HC went into the first preseason game with a game plan, and Orton still threw three picks.

milkman
08-16-2009, 07:55 AM
Cassel did nothing. Because your coach didn't trust him to throw the ball more than 5 times.

Your stupidity is absolutely astounding!

LaChapelle
08-16-2009, 07:57 AM
Orton may not be that bad. Last night I saw some Sex Cannon..OH MY GOD
If Grossman can find work, Thigpen can start.

Quesadilla Joe
08-16-2009, 08:01 AM
It is the consensus around here.

That's why what Orton did was that much more glaring.

While our team just went into the first preseason game working on the basics, your boy wonder HC went into the first preseason game with a game plan, and Orton still threw three picks.

Maybe Orton was told to be very aggressive and get the ball out of his hands quickly. I know last year Orton wouldn't attempt half of the throws he did the other night. By the time the regular season starts McDaniels will know what plays he can or can't call for Orton... Just like he did with Cassel last season.

CCU2000
08-16-2009, 08:29 AM
why y'all hatin?

beach tribe
08-16-2009, 08:34 AM
Is Thigpen fun to watch? Yeah, I guess, but dude's arm is like red rider BB gun. You never know where that shit is going.

Inspecta101
08-16-2009, 08:35 AM
NO

beach tribe
08-16-2009, 08:39 AM
Maybe Orton was told to be very aggressive and get the ball out of his hands quickly. I know last year Orton wouldn't attempt half of the throws he did the other night. By the time the regular season starts McDaniels will know what plays he can or can't call for Orton... Just like he did with Cassel last season.

That's right. Last year Orton was told to do nothing more than not fuck up.

McDaniels wants a QB to WIN games for him. You know like 50 TD Tom Brady?
Orton is nothing more than an average game manager. NOT what McDaniels needs to make his O work.

Hilarious too. Mcdaniels' job is pretty much in Aborton's hands. Hope they both have luck finding new jobs.

beach tribe
08-16-2009, 08:43 AM

Hell Orton could throw at least 2 picks in 5 att.

EyePod
08-16-2009, 09:39 AM
This probably won't be to popular here either however I misssed the first 10mins of the game....other than a couple of mistakes by Brokie...maybe he should be starting? Thigpen is a 3rd stringer...albeit a good 3rd stringer!

Brodie is our best QB if you can ignore a huge amount of injury problems. Maybe Haley's workout regiment will help him stay healthy?

Bwana
08-16-2009, 09:40 AM
Maybe Orton was told to be very aggressive and get the ball out of his hands quickly.

Sure, troll boy

Iowanian
08-16-2009, 09:42 AM
Thigpen would be great if it weren't for his inability to pass.

EyePod
08-16-2009, 09:47 AM
Thigpen would be great if it weren't for his inability to pass.

LOL. I don't hate Thigpen but anyone who says he's accurate is a complete idiot.

Iowanian
08-16-2009, 09:50 AM
He's a wobble-launcher with good wheels.

CCU2000
08-16-2009, 09:51 AM
LOL. I don't hate Thigpen but anyone who says he's accurate is a complete idiot.

Thigga please....

JD10367
08-16-2009, 09:52 AM
I'm not sure why there's a QB debate in KC. It's pretty obvious what will happen.

Cassel is the guy. Croyle will be #2 and Thigpen will be #3, technically, but I doubt Haley would hesitate to try either in a real game if Cassel gets hurt. Gutierrez will get cut and end up on your practics squad.

I severely doubt Haley is going to trade away Croyle or Thigpen. First, he won't get much. Second, they want to make sure Cassel is the real deal. Third, they want to make sure Croyle and/or Thigpen aren't. You've got two guys with solid starter's experience in Cassel and Thigpen, and a guy with promising (albeit fragile) talent in Croyle. Why the hell would you drop one for what would probably be a 5th-round draft pick or something? :shrug:

EyePod
08-16-2009, 09:54 AM
He's a wobble-launcher with good wheels.

LOL. That's a really big compliment. He's like Huard but at least Thigpen doesn't go in the fetal position when someone gets near him....

milkman
08-16-2009, 10:10 AM
LOL. That's a really big compliment. He's like Huard but at least Thigpen doesn't go in the fetal position when someone gets near him....

Rich Gannon was a wobble launcher with good wheels, but he was also an accurate wobble launcher.

That is where Thigpen struggles.

If he could accurately launch his wobbles, he'd be a pretty damn good QB.

boogblaster
08-16-2009, 10:12 AM
Thigpen is a decent BU .. but he's not a starter ....

RedThat
08-16-2009, 10:22 AM
I think Thigpen would be a great weapon in the wildcat..Seriously.

JuicesFlowing
08-16-2009, 10:49 AM
Thigpen is a decent BU .. but he's not a starter ....

After one preseason game, Croyle looks better than Thigpen. We'll see what happens in the net three games. Hopefully Cassel will have Bowe to throw to next time.

michaelj_58
08-16-2009, 11:21 AM
i thought all three did fairly well,cassel didnt have anyone to throw to, but when he did he was acurate. even though the receivers dropped the ball. did you see bowe catch everything they through at him.

Ebolapox
08-16-2009, 11:24 AM
no. he should NOT

Gonzo
08-16-2009, 11:30 AM
Rich Gannon was a wobble launcher with good wheels, but he was also an accurate wobble launcher.

ROFL No one likes inaccurate wobbles.
Posted via Mobile Device

LaChapelle
08-16-2009, 11:46 AM
This just in..Orton has thrown another interception!

JuicesFlowing
08-16-2009, 11:51 AM
This just in..Orton has thrown another interception!

You have to love the fact that Denver has a QB controversy after preseason game #1. And they wanted Cassel, so no matter whoever wins that job, McD will always know they didn't get the guy he wanted.

LaChapelle
08-16-2009, 11:56 AM
Didn't Sexy Rexy beat out the neckbeard at one point? That is freaking scary. Though I wanted to see more Grossman last night than one series ROFL

Hammock Parties
08-16-2009, 11:58 AM
I'm not ready to make the leap to "he should be the starter", but let's not pretend that it's an absurd position to take.

Oh, it is.

It's completely absurd.

Thigpen started camp as #2 and once Haley saw he couldn't hit the broadside of a barn, Croyle took that spot overnight.

Now he's battling Matt fucking Gutierrez.

Couldn't have worked out more perfectly.

kcfanXIII
08-16-2009, 12:02 PM
I agree. People say last year we were a joke on offense because of Thigpen, then in the next sentence they say Cassel may have a bad year because he has no one to throw to.

Well, last year Thigpen was the QB for a team that went 4-12 and finished the previous season with 9 losses in a row. Cassel was the QB on a team that went 16-0 the previous season.

I say people should remember all the games we were in at the end, when the defense just pissed itself. But, since I just don't blindly agree, I must be an idiot.

umm, thiggy had tony g last year. our best young receiver was on the bench while the first team was out there last night. thiggy won ONE game as a starter. the team was 2-14 last year. granted the defense was a joke, but so was the pistol offense. what i remember about last season was not being able to put together a long sustained drive to put the game away, and the defense wearing out from taking so many snaps. (well that and generally sucking because of the damn cover 2)

RedThat
08-16-2009, 12:02 PM
Oh, it is.

It's completely absurd.

Thigpen started camp as #2 and once Haley saw he couldn't hit the broadside of a barn, Croyle took that spot overnight.

Now he's battling Matt ****ing Gutierrez.

Couldn't have worked out more perfectly.

Why are you such a Thigpen hater? I don't understand.

Gonzo
08-16-2009, 12:06 PM

He hates on him for 2 reasons:

1. It pisses people off on this board.
2. He's a below average at best q.b.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties
08-16-2009, 12:07 PM

He's worthless and people pimp him for retarded reasons?

Skip Towne
08-16-2009, 12:08 PM

Just another pathetic attempt to get attention. Pay him no mind.

DeezNutz
08-16-2009, 12:09 PM
Essentially, we won't have a backup QB this year.

Thigpen can't throw, and Croyle can't stay healthy. Those are pretty important qualities if one is hoping to play QB.

If Cassel gets hurt, we're more fucked than the average bear.

RedThat
08-16-2009, 12:13 PM
He's worthless and people pimp him for retarded reasons?

Worthless? thats a pretty ridiculous statement

please stop being stupid.

Tyler thigpen is worth something to this team, he does make plays. So before you say worthless try putting some thought before you make that kind of statement.

smittysbar
08-16-2009, 12:14 PM
It's not.

One of the guys we tailgate with at every home game was already touting this very thought as we were exiting the stadium last night.

My biggest complaint was that it didn't seem like they let Cassel throw as much as Brokie and Thigpen.....

Well IMO he looked like shit last night, which would make that guy a dipshit.

If anyone looked okay last night, it would be Brokie.

Hammock Parties
08-16-2009, 12:15 PM
Tyler thigpen is worth something to this team, he does make plays.

ROFL

No one cares about his chicken-with-a-head-cut-off preseason stylings.

If he has to play in the regular season we're in trouble. That's why he's third-string. Because he's a disaster.

JuicesFlowing
08-16-2009, 12:15 PM
Considering the Chiefs are expected to only win 6 games at most WITH Cassel, if he goes down, it won't matter.

RedThat
08-16-2009, 12:16 PM
Essentially, we won't have a backup QB this year.

Thigpen can't throw, and Croyle can't stay healthy. Those are pretty important qualities if one is hoping to play QB.

If Cassel gets hurt, we're more ****ed than the average bear.

Thigpen can do the job.

I am worried about his accuracy a bit, but I think it's something that can improve. Brodie on the other hand, looked very good last night, he just has a history of being injured. There are some question marks no doubt, but I honestly don't think it's that bad.

Hammock Parties
08-16-2009, 12:18 PM
Thigpen can do the job.

What job?

Getting us to 2-14?

RedThat
08-16-2009, 12:18 PM
ROFL

No one cares about his chicken-with-a-head-cut-off preseason stylings.

If he has to play in the regular season we're in trouble. That's why he's third-string. Because he's a disaster.

im not referring to his preseason play only. Im talking about him overall what weve seen from him last year till now. He showed something so stop taking that away from him.

RedThat
08-16-2009, 12:19 PM
What job?

Getting us to 2-14?

You do realize they were 2-14 because the WHOLE team sucked ass.

Hammock Parties
08-16-2009, 12:20 PM
im not referring to his preseason play only. Im talking about him overall what weve seen from him last year till now. He showed something so stop taking that away from him.

Are you Tyler Thigpen's mom or something?

Here's someone else that once showed something:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_HbNgPfCj-LE/RndsaIBdwLI/AAAAAAAABM0/Y0EnPV0wLY8/s320/grbac98-1.jpg

LaChapelle
08-16-2009, 12:20 PM
If Brokie or Thigpen go down, they can pick up something on the scrap heap. Back up QB I don't see as a major problem.

JuicesFlowing
08-16-2009, 12:21 PM
Thigpen can do the job.

I am worried about his accuracy a bit, but I think it's something that can improve. Brodie on the other hand, looked very good last night, he just has a history of being injured. There are some question marks no doubt, but I honestly don't think it's that bad.

If it hasn't by now, it's not going to. Same thing with Vick. He's a 53% passer for a reason ....

milkman
08-16-2009, 12:22 PM

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_HbNgPfCj-LE/RndsaIBdwLI/AAAAAAAABM0/Y0EnPV0wLY8/s320/grbac98-1.jpg

There's a huge difference between Grbac and Thigpen.

GrBac had the talent, but had no heart.

Thigpen is a gamer.

He may never be a protoypical QB, but with hard work, he may some day be a QB who can win you some games.

RedThat
08-16-2009, 12:23 PM

No Im a big fan of Tyler Thigpen...I enjoy his overall work ethic and demeanor as a person...He's come a long way, and to where he is now is truly amazing. I enjoy rooting for guys like him.

Skip Towne
08-16-2009, 12:24 PM
Just another pathetic attempt to get attention. Pay him no mind.

OnTheWarpath15
08-16-2009, 12:24 PM
You do realize they were 2-14 because the WHOLE team sucked ass.

With decent QB play, especially in the 2nd half, they would have won 6 games last year.

The guy had a sub-50% completion percentage in the 4th quarter, FFS.

Go back and look at how many games were still tight in the 4th, and tell me that better QB play wouldn't have translated to more wins.

OnTheWarpath15
08-16-2009, 12:25 PM
If it hasn't by now, it's not going to. Same thing with Vick. He's a 53% passer for a reason ....

This.

milkman
08-16-2009, 12:27 PM
With decent QB play, especially in the 2nd half, they would have won 6 games last year.

Go back and look at how many games were still tight in the 4th, and tell me that better QB play wouldn't have translated to more wins.

Thigpen is never going to be a big time QB, but a lot of those losses, and Thigpen's play, are the direct result of the second half shell this team went into, every fucking game.

RedThat
08-16-2009, 12:28 PM

Even if he doesn't develop the accuracy, I still think it's pretty stupid when Gochiefs calls him worthless.

He can contribute to this team in some ways. Whether it's wildcat formations, using him as a part of the offense in some ways, somehow...much like the Kordells of the world, and the Randle Els of the world brought to their respective teams...Teams like Pittsburgh were smart because they took advantage of their strengths and utilized those players effectively. I hope the chiefs do something similar with Thigpen because I really believe it would work.

RedThat
08-16-2009, 12:32 PM

Lets be honest with each other here, the real reason imo why they won 2 games last year was mainly because there defense was terrible.

they couldn't stop anyone. When buffalo puts up 54 points on you, you deserve to go 2-14.

*Also, the coaching was terribly atrocious.

RedThat
08-16-2009, 12:34 PM
Thigpen is never going to be a big time QB, but a lot of those losses, and Thigpen's play, are the direct result of the second half shell this team went into, every ****ing game.

We lost a lot of games we should've won...the coaches blew a lot of games for this team last year. The play calling was atrocious in the 2nd half last season I saw that in at least 3 or 4 games last year.

The playcalling went from creative to conservative in no time when we had leads.

JuicesFlowing
08-16-2009, 12:39 PM
The playcalling went from creative to conservative in no time when we had leads.

Agreed. I don't think Haley is that kind of coach. I think Gailey is creative enough for sure ...

OnTheWarpath15
08-16-2009, 12:49 PM
Thigpen is never going to be a big time QB, but a lot of those losses, and Thigpen's play, are the direct result of the second half shell this team went into, every fucking game.

I wouldn't call what we did a shell.

Generally, we threw much more than we ran in the 2nd half of tight games.

ChiefsFanatic
08-16-2009, 12:56 PM
Thigpen is never going to be a big time QB, but a lot of those losses, and Thigpen's play, are the direct result of the second half shell this team went into, every ****ing game.

I think we can blame Herm's ability to process and create feces, thereby clogging his ears, and creating pressure on his cranium, making it hard for him to think.

In other words, Herm had his head up his own ass. :doh!:

RedThat
08-16-2009, 01:01 PM
Agreed. I don't think Haley is that kind of coach. I think Gailey is creative enough for sure ...

I don't think so either. Gailey is definately creative. Haleys playcalling last year for Zona leads me to believe we will see a difference of day and night between him and Herm.

Offense is the least of my concerns on this team. Even though they played pretty bad last night, I still think they'll be fine there. they have some gamers and good experience there to go along with some pretty good coaches.

Defense is where im worried. lots of question marks..how is this team and the players on D going to respond to the transition to a 3-4?

Im not sold on Hali even despite the fact I've heard good things about him, I think he is going to be a liability in pass coverage. Same thing with Vrabel. Our pass rush is real question mark...Can Hali rush the QB from the OLB spot? No "real" NT on this team, has me worried..Team are gonna gash us up the middle. Ron Edwards? Nah...He ain't the answer. Id rather take my chances with Tank Tyler and see how he does over time.

Really worried about Dorsey. He's getting pushed around too easily, he's got a long way to go. Our linebackers are very questionable, Thomas is old, but I still think he is going to give this team something. How will DJ respond? Only time will tell.

*Too many players are being asked to perform new roles..And that really has me concerned. A lot of times your better off finding players who fit schemes rather then taking your chances with players who are unproven in specific schemes and asking them to do new things.

*Have a good feeling about Tyson Jackson, Magee, I think our ends will be fine. Our secondary is pretty good, just need more consistency from the safeties. We need some guys to surprise and thats asking for a lot.

DeezNutz
08-16-2009, 01:13 PM
Thigpen can do the job.

1. I'm not worried. I know he's inaccurate as fuck and nothing is going to change that, so why worry?
2. That's a huge "just," one that should mean that he won't keep a roster spot. Counting on Croyle to do anything more than get hurt is maybe the worst decision the KC FO could make.

KCBOSS1
08-16-2009, 01:36 PM
Croyle looked the best of all of the quarterbacks last night. Thigpen played against the junior college boys...he's just not an NFL starter to me. Croyle did have Bowe to throw to last night, but he threw down the field and he was on the mark. Dang the ball jumps out of the boy's hand....he just can't stay healthy. the offense looks more alive when He's in, always has to me.

KCBOSS1
08-16-2009, 01:41 PM
Thigpen will not be our starting quarterback. They don't like his accuracy. He was a decent scramble quarterback and was the best runner out of all of our guys when the pocket collapsed. He's the least of our quarterbacks IMO.

Hammock Parties
08-16-2009, 02:58 PM
No Im a big fan of Tyler Thigpen...I enjoy his overall work ethic and demeanor as a person...He's come a long way, and to where he is now is truly amazing. I enjoy rooting for guys like him.

True Fan right here folks....

JuicesFlowing
08-16-2009, 03:00 PM
Thigpen will not be our starting quarterback. They don't like his accuracy. He was a decent scramble quarterback and was the best runner out of all of our guys when the pocket collapsed. He's the least of our quarterbacks IMO.

That, and the fact that they aren't paying a guy 60 mill to sit on the bench .......

Skip Towne
08-16-2009, 03:08 PM
It's possible Thiggy could improve his accuracy and become another Gannon. GC calls him worthless but worthless is when you are 28, still live with your momma, and have no job.

RNR
08-16-2009, 03:18 PM
Croyle looked the best of all of the quarterbacks last night. Thigpen played against the junior college boys...he's just not an NFL starter to me. Croyle did have Bowe to throw to last night, but he threw down the field and he was on the mark. Dang the ball jumps out of the boy's hand....he just can't stay healthy. the offense looks more alive when He's in, always has to me.

The thing most seem to forget is that when playing against 3rd and 4th string he is also playing "with" 3rd and 4th string talent. As far as who starts for KC I really do not care. Cassel got the check so he starts however had Thigpen or Croyle played with the Patriots last year they would have put up good numbers also. Cassel found out last night he aint back east anymore.

Gonzo
08-16-2009, 03:23 PM
He absolutely has worth to this or any offense. (and not just to fetch water or towles)

He can be a special situations guy. With his speed he can really fake out some defenses. His arm is not accurate but he throws decent mid range passes of less than 20 yards, especially on the run.
Posted via Mobile Device

Gonzo
08-16-2009, 03:24 PM
The thing most seem to forget is that when playing against 3rd and 4th string he is also playing "with" 3rd and 4th string talent. As far as who starts for KC I really do not care. Cassel got the check so he starts however had Thigpen or Croyle played with the Patriots last year they would have put up good numbers also. Cassel found out last night he aint back east anymore.

Didn't he have Bowe for a few series?
Posted via Mobile Device

KCBOSS1
08-16-2009, 03:28 PM
It's possible Thigpen could improve his accuracy and become another Gannon. GC calls him worthless but worthless is when you are 28, still live with your momma, and have no job.

I don't think so (about the Thigpen/Gannon comment). When Gannon came in relief for Grbac we won...handily. I was a Gannon fan. Not a Thigpen fan yet.

About the 28/momma living part of it....have no idea.

RNR
08-16-2009, 03:31 PM
Didn't he have Bowe for a few series?
Posted via Mobile Device

I did not watch the game

KCBOSS1
08-16-2009, 03:32 PM
(1) Cassel, (2) Croyle (3) Thigpen...for now. After 4 weeks we'll see.

Skip Towne
08-16-2009, 03:35 PM
I don't think so (about the Thigpen/Gannon comment). When Gannon came in relief for Grbac we won...handily. I was a Gannon fan. Not a Thigpen fan yet.

Gannon was on much better teams than this POS.

RNR
08-16-2009, 03:35 PM

The Chiefs were also one of the better teams in the NFL when Gannon played with them. Not a fair comparison really. Kind of like comparing numbers Croyle and Thigpen had last against the numbers Cassel had with the Patriots.

KCBOSS1
08-16-2009, 03:40 PM
I agree with the first part. But Grbac was weak, not aggressive. Not at all comparable to Brodie. I don't think they can be compared at all. Grbac has a fairly extensive shot and just stunk, too passive. Brodie is not passive with the ball. He's aggressive, going down the field. The chiefs were mediocre at best with Grbac, they didn't have a good offense. Gannon made them good, just like he did with Oakland and Oakland has been crap since he left. He carried a leadership about him that was made whatever offense he was running better. In my eyes (apart from the injury problem) when Brodie comes in the offense brightens up. But then again, we've had so little to actually watch him to see what he can do and that is a problem. Just saying. I don't see thigpen with any of the abilities that Gannon had apart from running.

TEX
08-16-2009, 03:49 PM
Thigpen can improvise - I'll give him that. But, in a set offense, I don't think he's the one the Chiefs need to start. He is definately worh keeping on the roster. I'd have no trouble with him being # 2.

KCBOSS1
08-16-2009, 03:55 PM
Thigpen can improvise - I'll give him that. But, in a set offense, I don't think he's the one the Chiefs need to start. He is definately worh keeping on the roster. I'd have no trouble with him being # 2.

I agree with this totally. I think that Thigpen is best in improvisation. My understanding is that he is the absolute least accurate of all of the QBs.

PastorMikH
08-16-2009, 04:01 PM
I like Thiggy, but I thought last night Croyle looked the best of all. Makes me wonder, if through the rest of the pre-season, if Croyle lookes better than Cassell in every game, do you put Croyle in as starter and get as many games out of him as you can before he gets hurt and Cassel finishes the season or do you stay with Cassel and hope the consistency pays off in the long run.

KCBOSS1
08-16-2009, 04:11 PM
I would like to see him give Brodie a shot if he outshines everybody, but It's not likely. It's much more likely that they will give Cassel at least this season. Brodie, if he stays healthy, will likely boost his stock, though. I knew that Brodie's shot was blown here last year and I hate it.

PastorMikH
08-16-2009, 04:18 PM
I would like to see him give Brodie a shot if he outshines everybody, but It's not likely. It's much more likely that they will give Cassel at least this season. Brodie, if he stays healthy, will likely boost his stock, though. I knew that Brodie's shot was blown here last year and I hate it.

The problem with Brodie is the biggest probablility we have with him is that he WILL get hurt at some point and not be able to play. A starting QB that isn't quite as good but able to play every snap is better in the long run IMO.

Brodie would be a great QB behind a HOF OL. Anything less and I fear he wouldn't make it through the season.

DeezNutz
08-16-2009, 04:20 PM
Croyle would be an outstanding QB in a touch football league, but two hand touch would greatly increase the probability of injury.

JuicesFlowing
08-16-2009, 04:22 PM
I like Thigpen, but I thought last night Croyle looked the best of all. Makes me wonder, if through the rest of the pre-season, if Croyle lookes better than Cassell in every game, do you put Croyle in as starter and get as many games out of him as you can before he gets hurt and Cassel finishes the season or do you stay with Cassel and hope the consistency pays off in the long run.

The very last thing this team needs is a QB controversy. 60 million dollars agrees with me. If Cassel isn't under center on opening day, this franchise is going to look like a circus. I don't think anyone expected Croyle to have a nice game last night. The net 2 weeks should prove interesting ...

Gonzo
08-16-2009, 04:24 PM
I don't think we're being all that fair to cassel. we'll see how he does with our only threat at wr in the next game I'm sure.
Posted via Mobile Device

KCBOSS1
08-16-2009, 04:38 PM
I don't think we're being all that fair to cassel. we'll see how he does with our only threat at wr in the next game I'm sure.
Posted via Mobile Device

I totally hope I'm wrong, but Cassel's demeanor reminds me of Grbac, which scares me. If he turn's out to be mediocre, we need a quarterback. He's what, 37 mil guaranteed. he's got nothing to whine about, period. Last year, he was carrying a clipboard for what a cool million, 1.2? Now he could be carrying a clipboard for a cool 37 million.

What's not fair is if Brodie blows everybody out of the water, and then sits because we signed a guy that played with a team and coach that made him look better than he was. that reminds me of the Grbac/Gannon scenario....not thigpen.

JD10367
08-16-2009, 04:39 PM
Cassel had two scrubs at receiver. Croyle got Bowe and played against more 2nd-stringers. Cassel's getting a bazillion dollars.

Cassel would have to go through the first four games throwing <50% completion, with about 125 YPG, and 3 TDs vs. 12 INTs, before Haley even CONSIDERS yanking him. Even with those numbers, Cassel would have to clearly demonstrate that he's the problem (not his WRs or blocking or whatever).

JuicesFlowing
08-16-2009, 04:41 PM
I totally hope I'm wrong, but Cassel's demeanor reminds me of Grbac, which scares me. If he turn's out to be mediocre, we need a quarterback. He's what, 37 mil guaranteed. he's got nothing to whine about, period. Last year, he was carrying a clipboard for what a cool million, 1.2? Now he could be carrying a clipboard for a cool 37 million.

What's not fair is if Brodie blows everybody out of the water, and then sits because we signed a guy that played with a team and coach that made him look better than he was. that reminds me of the Grbac/Gannon scenario....not thigpen.

Trust me, I don't think he'll be happy about that.

Hammock Parties
08-16-2009, 04:44 PM
I totally hope I'm wrong, but Cassel's demeanor reminds me of Grbac, which scares me.

They are complete polar opposites.

JD10367
08-16-2009, 04:45 PM

His demeanor? What the f**k? This kid hadn't started a game since high school, and came off the bench ice-cold after years of rust to replace the Best Quarterback In The NFL (sorry, Peyton) on a team that had Super Bowl aspirations. And not only did Cassel not sh*t his pants, he improved with every game and led his team to 11 wins. That's his "demeanor".

It has been written by pundits wiser than me, but I'll say it again: Cassel won those games. Despite the talent level on the Patriots, you DO NOT just roll ANYONE out at quarterback and win in the NFL. By the end of last season, Cassel had gone from "OMG get this bum off the team, he sucks" to "Wow, Cassel looks almost Brady-like, maybe we should franchise him and keep him here".

I know you guys are impatient for success but, Jesus H. on a f**king raft... Five minutes in the first preseason game on a new team with a new coach and unfamiliar players, and this sh*t is bubbling up?

Croyle proved to be made of glass. That's why he wasn't handed the starter's job. Thigpen played admirably given the circumstances, and may or may not turn into a decent NFL quarterback, but they saw fit to go get Cassel.

Let. The. Kid. Play. For at least a season. Hell, at least a game or two, for real.

Screw it, give him back to us, and we'll send you Walter. :)

KCBOSS1
08-16-2009, 04:45 PM
So what? He's not happy about it. "Aw dang, honey. I looked like a real NFL quarterback for one year, and neither us, our kids or grandkids will never have to work again."

I really want him to show up and be our guy. But if he gets beat out, too bad. I don't give a rat's end what they are getting paid, that's a whole other irritating topic rant for me.

Hammock Parties
08-16-2009, 04:46 PM
Remember when Thigpen was going "push" Cassel and "make him better?"

Hahahahahaha.

Oh, Thiggy.

Titty Meat
08-16-2009, 04:49 PM

They are complete polar opposites.

baha one pre-season game and the people are comparing Cassel to Grbac and saying Thigpen should be the starter.

Gonzo
08-16-2009, 04:49 PM
His demeanor? What the f**k? This kid hadn't started a game since high school, and came off the bench ice-cold after years of rust to replace the Best Quarterback In The NFL (sorry, Peyton) on a team that had Super Bowl aspirations. And not only did Cassel not sh*t his pants, he improved with every game and led his team to 11 wins. That's his "demeanor".

It has been written by pundits wiser than me, but I'll say it again: Cassel won those games. Despite the talent level on the Patriots, you DO NOT just roll ANYONE out at quarterback and win in the NFL. By the end of last season, Cassel had gone from "OMG get this bum off the team, he sucks" to "Wow, Cassel looks almost Brady-like, maybe we should franchise him and keep him here".

I know you guys are impatient for success but, Jesus H. on a f**king raft... Five minutes in the first preseason game on a new team with a new coach and unfamiliar players, and this sh*t is bubbling up?

Croyle proved to be made of glass. That's why he wasn't handed the starter's job. Thigpen played admirably given the circumstances, and may or may not turn into a decent NFL quarterback, but they saw fit to go get Cassel.

Let. The. Kid. Play. For at least a season. Hell, at least a game or two, for real.

Screw it, give him back to us, and we'll send you Walter. :)

THIS is the smartest post I have ever read by you sir.. Remind me to rep you tomorrow.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties
08-16-2009, 04:50 PM
baha one pre-season game and the people are comparing Cassel to Grbac and saying Thigpen should be the starter.

People are frickin' idiots.

Cassel is a great teammate.

KCBOSS1
08-16-2009, 04:50 PM
I haven't been around him, and some of you guys have had the opportunity to I'm sure at camp. But he seems passive to me. That is not to take anything away from what he accomplished last year. I'm not against him, just for the best guy to play. I hate how fragile Croyle has been.

Maybe Cassel and Grbac are polar opposites, I hope so for sure. All I really know about him is what I've read on the planet. All that I've heard from him seems passive. I don't claim to know this for a fact....I really don't know anything solid about him and don't necessarily think you do either. I've read all the stuff you wrote about before and say kudos to him.

He looked crazy nervous to me last night....not take charge like.

Sure-Oz
08-16-2009, 04:51 PM
yes, lets bench are big dollar guy we got

excellent

Hammock Parties
08-16-2009, 04:52 PM
I haven't been around him, and some of you guys have had the opportunity to I'm sure at camp. But he seems passive to me.

He's anything but.

Titty Meat
08-16-2009, 04:53 PM
People are frickin' idiots.

Cassel is a great teammate.

Dude Cassel had some beautiful throws and it looks like he's got an arm. Him and Bowe will hook up for big plays on quick slants.

Sure-Oz
08-16-2009, 04:54 PM
So cassell is the 2nd coming of grbac now? glad ididnt read this whole shitty threa

KCBOSS1
08-16-2009, 04:56 PM
I'm not saying bench him at all. I hope he's the best guy. I hope he's the best guy that we've ever had. I don't think they gave him much to work with last night and brodie got more opportunities with a better receiver and used it. take a few blood pressure pills...u be alright.

King_Chief_Fan
08-16-2009, 05:00 PM

another proof positive that you shouldn't let dummy n00bs post for a year

KCBOSS1
08-16-2009, 05:02 PM
He's anything but.

that's awesome, seriously. Glad to hear it. that makes me feel better. I really haven't had that much exposure, have had a preoccupied offseason. so I appreciate hearing it. Just not from guys on here who don't like ever being questioned and blow a vein and a observation.

CCU2000
08-16-2009, 05:08 PM
another proof positive that you shouldn't let dummy n00bs post for a year

Thigpen did good last night could had been better if it werent for those dropped balls. Croyle aslo played good too. I still think Cassel is a waste of money.

JD10367
08-16-2009, 05:10 PM
Thigpen did good last night could had been better if it werent for those dropped balls. Croyle aslo played good too. I still think Cassel is a waste of money.

Let me guess... the C in your screen name stands for Carl, right? Listen, Mr. Peterson, just move on and enjoy the next phase of your life. :D

Gonzo
08-16-2009, 05:11 PM

That's your opinion and you are entitled to it, no matter how wrong and uninformed it may be.
Posted via Mobile Device

Gonzo
08-16-2009, 05:12 PM
Let me guess... the C in your screen name stands for Carl, right? Listen, Mr. Peterson, just move on and enjoy the next phase of your life. :D

ROFL
Now I need to rep you twice tomorrow goddammit.
Posted via Mobile Device

KCBOSS1
08-16-2009, 05:16 PM
I don't think he is a waste of money....I don't think any athlete is worth that much money, but I'm old school that way. I'm sure he will be fine.

SAUTO
08-16-2009, 05:18 PM

you could put defense in place of QB and have the same answer

LaChapelle
08-16-2009, 05:52 PM
:eek: You have got to be ****ing kidding me :eek:
:eek: :eek:
Grbac?

KCBOSS1
08-16-2009, 06:24 PM
well it was kind of a cross-thread conversation. I just said that I really don't know anything directly about him, but his demeanor reminded me of Grbac and the scenario if he turns out to be mediocre, but starts while other, better players sit then it would not fair. Some others in other threads were comparing thigpen to gannon and croyle to grbac...yada..yada. He has seemed passive to me, but I was corrected by GoChiefs and told that they were polar opposites which I was glad to hear. I want them to give him a better opportunity to be more aggressive in the next few games and to show his stuff instead of looking like a deer in headlights. Brodie played better....bla, bla, bla...now you're caught up.

Bwana
08-16-2009, 06:29 PM
I totally hope I'm wrong, but Cassel's demeanor reminds me of Grbac,

Wow, just wow.

Gonzo
08-16-2009, 06:32 PM
Wow, just wow.

Are you new to this douchebaggery Bwana? If so, you missed out on a helluva lot of vinegar and water man...
Posted via Mobile Device

Tiger's Fan
08-16-2009, 06:35 PM
You know stupid shit is going to be said after a preseason game, but it still doesn't prepare you for the depths of said stupidity.

Bwana
08-16-2009, 06:36 PM
Are you new to this douchebaggery Bwana? If so, you missed out on a helluva lot of vinegar and water man...
Posted via Mobile Device

I guess I must have, unreal.

Gonzo
08-16-2009, 06:39 PM
I guess I must have, unreal.

It gets worse. Trust me.

Just Passin' By
08-16-2009, 06:41 PM
You know stupid shit is going to be said after a preseason game, but it still doesn't prepare you for the depths of said stupidity.

After a preseason game? First half of the first preseason game and some clown on a Patriots site posts this:

So when is BB gonna man up and fire D.Pees?

Now, the Patriots starters only gave up 2 field goals, and the team was ahead 21-6 at the half, and some clown had already called for the defensive coordinator to be fired.

Sadly, every fan base has its share of idiots.

Tribal Warfare
08-16-2009, 07:03 PM
I totally hope I'm wrong, but Cassel's demeanor reminds me of Grbac

Never go full retard

PastorMikH
08-16-2009, 08:14 PM
Dude Cassel had some beautiful throws and it looks like he's got an arm. Him and Bowe will hook up for big plays on quick slants.

That first out pass he threw was beautiful. Perfect spiral, perfectly on target.

No doubt in my mind right now that Cassel is the best QB option in the long run, but man Croyle did look really good last night. But like I said, anything less than a HOF OL and I don't see him making it through a season.

CHIEFS58
08-16-2009, 08:24 PM
good grief. keep thigpen and trade croyle for picks.

croyle just got hurt when i typed that sentence. hes out for the year. my bad.

JD10367
08-16-2009, 08:30 PM
After a preseason game? First half of the first preseason game and some clown on a Patriots site posts this:

"So when is BB gonna man up and fire D.Pees?"

Now, the Patriots starters only gave up 2 field goals, and the team was ahead 21-6 at the half, and some clown had already called for the defensive coordinator to be fired.

Sadly, every fan base has its share of idiots.

Yeah, and we've attracted a lot of pink-hatters to the Patriots fanbase, with the success of this decade. In a way, I liked it better when we sucked, and Patriots fans were few and far between. And no one expected anything of our team, 'cause we sucked. And tickets were easy to get, 'cause the stadium was always half-empty... wait, on second thought, I'll deal with the pink-hatters, LOL.

The Pats were toying with the 4-3 against the Eagles. Not to mention they held out a sh*tload of starters. My main concern was that Brady exited the game walking under his own power; aside from that, I really could care less how it went...

milkman
08-16-2009, 10:11 PM

Your best, most insightful post ever.

I think I'm prepared for the the mind boggling stupidity, but I never am, because it surpasses any stupidity I could have imagined.

Mr. Arrowhead
08-16-2009, 10:18 PM
I thought Thigpen was cleary the worst out of the 3 QBs. The only reason that we scored was because of his running ability and not his throwing ability

Hammock Parties
08-17-2009, 06:48 AM
There are some fucking retards on the internet.

Tyler has that Montana-Garcia driving personalty that take’s the ball down the field and through the RED ZONE like it’s not there .
End result’s———- SEVEN point’s

MMXcalibur
08-17-2009, 09:55 AM
Should Thigpen be the starter? No, Cassel's got way too much greenbacks behind him to make Thigpen the starter.
Is Thigpen a reliable backup that can kickstart an offense and keep it on track? Yes.

What most of the people here have against Thigpen is absolutely beyond me. He's a solid backup and that's all he should be viewed as. I get the feeling people here dislike Thigpen so much to the point he probably did something to their mother.

Thigpen = backup. That's it.

Dave Lane
08-17-2009, 10:48 AM

Awesome!! :) I love good sarcastic humor :) ;)

Simply Red
08-17-2009, 10:53 AM

that folks, is a CP veteran, Adam. What a stud poster!!

LaChapelle
08-17-2009, 10:58 AM
Thigpen fucks skeletons, Croyle has got to be nervous. And that is all Thigpen brings

alpha_omega
08-17-2009, 12:18 PM
I have been away from the Planet for a few days, so i am sure this has already been said, but....NO WAY!!!!!

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-17-2009, 12:31 PM

Positive rep for having the balls to do this.

Negative rep for the subject matter.

Therefore, nothing.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-17-2009, 12:36 PM

ROFL Ahhh...THERE'S my daily fit of pants-pissing laughter!

Chief Faithful
08-17-2009, 01:51 PM

You must be a teenage virgin living in your mothers basement. You really make watching the Donks get beat much more fun.

Cassel has started just 15 games since HS and his performance on the field is significantly better than Orton's. Explain to me how that makes Orton just as good or better?

Titty Meat
08-17-2009, 01:57 PM
The story should be how Thigpen once again had a chance to lead the team to victory and didn't.

Chief Faithful
08-17-2009, 01:59 PM

Good comparison, Rich Gannon arm sucked so bad for the Vikings his early years he retired. He didn't become an accurate wobble launcher until 30. I think Thigpen has Rich Gannon type talent, but it will take another 3+ years before it can be realized. He definitely has the determination.

luv
08-17-2009, 02:09 PM
Call me crazy, but I still like Croyle. If only he wasn't so damned fragile. :cuss:

CCU2000
08-17-2009, 06:07 PM
The story should be how Thigpen once again had a chance to lead the team to victory and didn't.

Damn bi-otch, you didn't see all them dropped balls, aint Thigggy's fault they can't catch.

Reerun_KC
08-17-2009, 07:33 PM
Damn bi-otch, you didn't see all them dropped balls, aint Thigggy's fault they can't catch.

Thigpen looked like total garbage on the last drive...

milkman
08-18-2009, 03:50 PM
Call me crazy, but I still like Croyle. If only he wasn't so damned fragile. :cuss:

Come on.

Admit it.

You just have the hots for Brodie's wife, too.

Lumpy
08-18-2009, 04:00 PM
Come on.

Admit it.

You just have the hots for Brodie's wife, too.

Careful Luv... I smell a trap! ;)

As far as Thigpen; he can scramble when under pressure, that is for certain. But, IMO he shouldn't start. I'm curious to see what Cassel has to offer.