PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Bronco's make a trade

LaChapelle
08-17-2009, 11:21 AM
Broncos acquire defensive lineman Smith from Patriots
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on August 17, 2009 11:27 AM ET
Five months after the Matt Cassel trade rumors reached Jay Cutler's sensitive ears, the Broncos and Patriots finally made a deal happen Monday.

This one won't shake up the rest of the league quite as much.

Fox's Alex Marvez has the terms: The Broncos acquired reserve defensive end Le Kevin Smith and a 2010 seventh-round pick from the Patriots in exchange for Denver's 2010 fifth-round selection.

Smith was a rarely used reserve since getting taken as a sixth-round pick in 2006, but will give Denver another body for their thin defensive line.

The move also takes care of some housekeeping for the Patriots. Denver's fifth-round pick will likely be sent to Oakland to complete the Derrick Burgess trade. Oakland also received a third-round pick in 2010 in that deal.

-King-
08-17-2009, 11:22 AM
God, they are a powerhouse now!

LaChapelle
08-17-2009, 11:23 AM
That 2010 draft is getting kinda thin, ain't it?

the Talking Can
08-17-2009, 11:24 AM
patriots work draft picks like jesus works whores

edit

i have no idea what that means

The Bad Guy
08-17-2009, 11:24 AM
KnowShit will be along to tell us everything about this guy, including his prom date, what he had for dinner last Thursday and how awesome he is going to be.

JD10367
08-17-2009, 11:25 AM
He was a 6th. They traded him and a 7th for a 5th. Thsi is akin to trading two bottle caps for a marble.

Man, the Broncos are New England West, aren't they. What's that, about 7 of last year's Patriots on their team now? You guys only got 2, but at least you got 2 decent ones, LOL...

JD10367
08-17-2009, 11:26 AM
KnowShit will be along to tell us everything about this guy, including his prom date, what he had for dinner last Thursday and how awesome he is going to be.

Never trust a man with "Le ..." as a name.

The only other thing I know like that was Le Car. And it sucked.

LaChapelle
08-17-2009, 11:27 AM
hey

Warrior5
08-17-2009, 11:27 AM
Print 'em.

tooge
08-17-2009, 11:28 AM
Oh, I thought this was in reference to Bowlen and Shanahan selling their souls to the Debil for the way they "beat" the chiefs to go onto the superbowl in '97

orange
08-17-2009, 11:28 AM
More detail:

Broncos acquire DE Le Kevin Smith from New England
by John Bena (aka TheSportsGuru) on Aug 17, 2009 10:10 AM MDT

Le Kevin Smith will provide further depth for the D-Line

The Denver Broncos agreed to a deal with the New England Patriots to acquire defensive lineman Le Kevin Smith. Terms of the deal were not immediately known, though it is being reported that the deal has Smith, along with the Patriots 7th Round pick in 2010 heading to the Broncos for Denver's 5th Round selection. Again, that has not been verified.

Smith was drafted in the 6th Round of the 2006 Draft and has seen bit parts in the Pats' defense each of the past 3 seasons.

While this move is not going to tip the news scales, it is another move by the Broncos to bring in players that understand the defense the Broncos are trying to play. Depth along the front has been a concern and Smith will bring in another player to compete with the existing crew. It also provides the Broncos another 5-technique with experience in the 3-4 defense.

"The 3-4 defensive end requires a special technique and special athlete," said Smith's agent, Adisa Bakari. "It requires the size of a defensive tackle and the agility of athleticism of a large defensive end. It's hard to play the 3-4 without one. It's why those guys go so high in the draft. Le Kevin is athletic enough to play the end and strong enough to play over center."

Here are some of his highlights from the 2008 season, including a fumble recovery against the Broncos -

Played in a reserve role along the defensive line and totaled a career-high 21 tackles (10 solo) ... Tallied his first career fumble recovery against Denver (10/20) ... Notched a career high five tackles at Seattle (12/7) ... Played in the season's final 15 games after being inactive in the season opener against Kansas City (9/7) ... Tallied one tackle playing in reserve at defensive end against Miami (9/21) ... Played on defensive sub packages and made one solo tackle at San Diego (10/12) ... Credited with his first career fumble recovery, scooping up a ball freed on Lewis Sanders' strip of Broncos running back Andre Hall against Denver (10/20) ... Tallied three tackles ... Contributed two tackles in coverage playing in reserve at defensive end against St. Louis (10/26) ... Tallied a single-game career high five tackles, including three solo stops at Seattle (12/7) ... Dragged down Maurice Morris for a 1-yard loss ... Helped create the hole for Ellis Hobbs' 95-yard touchdown kickoff return as Hobbs tied the Patriots franchise record with his third career kickoff return for a touchdown at Oakland (12/14) ... Dropped Darren McFadden for no gain ... Notched two tackles (1 solo) against Arizona (12/21) ... Played in reserve at defensive end, tallying two tackles in the Patriots' shutout victory at Buffalo (12/28).

http://www.milehighreport.com/2009/8/17/992044/broncos-acquire-de-le-kevin-smith

MMXcalibur
08-17-2009, 11:31 AM
This surely gets them over the hump.

the Talking Can
08-17-2009, 11:31 AM
More detail:

Broncos acquire DE Le Kevin Smith from New England

"The 3-4 defensive end requires a special technique and special athlete," said Smith's agent, Adisa Bakari. "It requires the size of a defensive tackle and the agility of athleticism of a large defensive end. It's hard to play the 3-4 without one. It's why those guys go so high in the draft."

http://www.milehighreport.com/2009/8/17/992044/broncos-acquire-de-le-kevin-smith

tyson jackson

Quesadilla Joe
08-17-2009, 11:36 AM
He is a good player who couldn't crack the lineup on the best DL in the NFL. Kind of hard to start over guys like Seymour, Wilfork, Warren, and Jarvis Green.

Just Passin' By
08-17-2009, 11:37 AM
He was a 6th. They traded him and a 7th for a 5th. Thsi is akin to trading two bottle caps for a marble.

Man, the Broncos are New England West, aren't they. What's that, about 7 of last year's Patriots on their team now? You guys only got 2, but at least you got 2 decent ones, LOL...

I'm not sure where you're getting your numbers from, but the Chiefs have more than 2 former Patriots on the squad.

As for Smith, the Patriots trade for Burgess called for a 3rd and a 4th next year, but the 4th could be dropped to a 5th if the Patriots got one (the Patriots 5th went to Tampa in the trade for Smith the tight end). This move essentially screws the Raiders out of some draft slotting and gives the Broncos a 7th and a player that will either start or, more likely, be a part of the D-line rotation, and it only cost the Broncos a 5th in return.

It's really a win for the Patriots, a win for the Broncos and a loss for the Raiders.

Basileus777
08-17-2009, 11:39 AM
He is a good player

He's not garbage, but that's a stretch. He could be solid, but the Pats wouldn't be dumping him to clear a roster spot (for Kevin Carter?) if he was anything more.

New England essentially got a 5th rounder for someone they were going to cut anyway. Denver made the trade because KC or Cleveland would probably have pick him off waivers.

CupidStunt
08-17-2009, 11:39 AM
He is a good player

:spock:

DaKCMan AP
08-17-2009, 11:40 AM
He is a good player who couldn't crack the lineup on the best DL in the NFL. Kind of hard to start over guys like Seymour, Wilfork, Warren, and Jarvis Green.

ROFL

Quesadilla Joe
08-17-2009, 11:43 AM
He's not garbage, but that's a stretch. He could be solid, but the Pats wouldn't be dumping him to clear a roster spot (for Kevin Carter?) if he was anything more.

New England essentially got a 5th rounder for someone they were going to cut anyway. Denver made the trade because KC or Cleveland would probably have pick him off waivers.

The Patriots might have cut him, but it isn't because he isn't good. It's because they are stacked at DL.

NE didn't get anything. That pick goes to Oakland. Denver probably did jump on it because KC would get him off of waivers first because they had a worse record last year.

Denver needs the help and if he can start for us I will be happy we gave up a 5th round pick.

Just Passin' By
08-17-2009, 11:48 AM
The Patriots might have cut him, but it isn't because he isn't good. It's because they are stacked at DL.

NE didn't get anything. That pick goes to Oakland. Denver probably did jump on it because KC would get him off of waivers first because they had a worse record last year.

Denver needs the help and if he can start for us I will be happy we gave up a 5th round pick.

Actually, if you play it out and assume the player wasn't going to make the roster, New England got a 4th round pick for a 5th and a 7th.

kcchiefsus
08-17-2009, 11:48 AM

And how exactly do you know he is a good player? Just because he came from the Patriots? If the Chiefs traded for him and we proclaimed him a good player you would be laughing at us. Funny how you idiots have the highest opinion of a player once he is on your team. Jay Cutler was the best thing since sliced bread but once he was traded all of a sudden you believed Kyle Orton was actually a better quarterback. You guys make me laugh. ROFL

kcchiefsus
08-17-2009, 11:49 AM

If he can start for you then that means your defensive line sucks ass.

Basileus777
08-17-2009, 11:51 AM

Damn. What would Mark Schlereth's say at a time like this?

Rooster
08-17-2009, 11:51 AM

:rolleyes:

Quesadilla Joe
08-17-2009, 11:52 AM

Denver's DL is better than the Chiefs. Tyson Jackson will be a non factor this year, all rookie defensive lineman are.

The Franchise
08-17-2009, 11:54 AM
Denver's DL is better than the Chiefs. Tyson Jackson will be a non factor this year, all rookie defensive lineman are.

ROFL

the Talking Can
08-17-2009, 11:55 AM

jesus fucking christ you are a raiased on riots level retard

Amnorix
08-17-2009, 11:58 AM
I'm not sure where you're getting your numbers from, but the Chiefs have more than 2 former Patriots on the squad.

As for Smith, the Patriots trade for Burgess called for a 3rd and a 4th next year, but the 4th could be dropped to a 5th if the Patriots got one (the Patriots 5th went to Tampa in the trade for Smith the tight end). This move essentially screws the Raiders out of some draft slotting and gives the Broncos a 7th and a player that will either start or, more likely, be a part of the D-line rotation, and it only cost the Broncos a 5th in return.

It's really a win for the Patriots, a win for the Broncos and a loss for the Raiders.

Thanks for saving me the typing exercise. :D

I note that I doubt the Raiders were under any illusions about the Pats not finding a way to give them a 5th and get back their 4th.

Amnorix
08-17-2009, 11:59 AM

Eh, he's a perfectly serviceable spot player / backup. He made our team the last year or two. *shrug*

Just Passin' By
08-17-2009, 12:00 PM
Thanks for saving me the typing exercise. :D

I note that I doubt the Raiders were under any illusions about the Pats not finding a way to give them a 5th and get back their 4th.

True and, if the Broncos suck as much as a lot of the Chiefs fans here think they will, the difference between the Patriots' 4th and the Broncos' 5th could be minimal.

JD10367
08-17-2009, 12:01 PM
As for Smith, the Patriots trade for Burgess called for a 3rd and a 4th next year, but the 4th could be dropped to a 5th if the Patriots got one (the Patriots 5th went to Tampa in the trade for Smith the tight end).

Yeah, but this 5th from Denver is going to be too valuable to Belichick, since it'll probably be in the top three in the round. :D He'll swing a deal with the SB loser for their 5th to send to the Raiders instead.

kcchiefsus

Wow, your a fucking tool. All rookie defensive linemen are non-factors? That's complete bullshit.

Denver's defensive line consists of nose tackle ronald fields (who has started all of 9 games in his career), DE Ryan McBean (a late round draft pick who let go by a 3-4 team), and DE Kenny Peterson who simply isn't very good.

It's not like we have a whole lot more experience but we sure as hell have alot more talent with two 1st round picks, a couple of 3rd round picks, and veterans like Alphonso Boone and Ron Edwards who are average at best yet still better than any scrub on your roster.

Any chump who claims Denver's defensive line is better than Kansas City's has a screw or two lose. But considering the source, that could have been said before you posted this bullcrap.

Basileus777
Eh, he's a perfectly serviceable spot player / backup. He made our team the last year or two. *shrug*

That's my impression of him as well. KnowMo seems to think more of him though.

Amnorix

Richard Seymour was starting by mid-way through his rookie season, and made a serious impact on our SB run.

Amnorix
08-17-2009, 12:03 PM
Any chump who claims Denver's defensive line is better than Kansas City's has a screw or two lose. But considering the source, that could have been said before you posted this bullcrap.

Both of you need to stop. At this point it's like watching two 9 year old girls have a slap fight over who is tougher. The only real answer is "neither." :D :p

I agree, however, that the Chiefs have more potential. More than likely, though, both KC and Denver will be in the bottom 10 in run defense this year.

Amnorix
08-17-2009, 12:05 PM
That's my impression of him as well. KnowMo seems to think more of him though.

IIRC, LeKevin got some starts last year when Seymour was out.

But yeah, if he's your full time starter, you're not exactly happy about it. There's a world of difference between "good" and "doesn't suck". He's in the doesn't suck category, really.

Quesadilla Joe
08-17-2009, 12:11 PM
Richard Seymour was starting by mid-way through his rookie season, and made a serious impact on our SB run.

Mario Williams, Glenn Dorsey, Albert Haynesworth, Chris Long, Sedrick Ellis, Lawrence Jackson, Kentwan Balmer, Haolit Ngata, Gaines Adams, Jamaal Anderson, Amobi Okoye, Adam Carikker, Justin Harrell, Jarvis Moss, Anthony Spencer, Kamerion Wimbley, Brodrick Bunkley, Tamba Hali, John McGargo, Mathias Kiwanuka, Travis Johnson, Erasmus James, Marcus Spears, Mike Patterson

Were all non factors their rookie years. Defensive lineman take longer to develop than any position other than QB.

the Talking Can
08-17-2009, 12:14 PM
Mario Williams, Glenn Dorsey, Albert Haynesworth, Chris Long, Sedrick Ellis, Lawrence Jackson, Kentwan Balmer, Haolit Ngata, Gaines Adams, Jamaal Anderson, Amobi Okoye, Adam Carikker, Justin Harrell, Jarvis Moss, Anthony Spencer, Kamerion Wimbley, Brodrick Bunkley, Tamba Hali, John McGargo, Mathias Kiwanuka, Travis Johnson, Erasmus James, Marcus Spears, Mike Patterson

Were all non factors their rookie years. Defensive lineman take longer to develop than any position other than QB.

Hali had 58 tackles and 8 sacks as a rookie

there are others in your list that disprove your obviously stupid claim....but you really aren't worth the effort....

Quesadilla Joe
08-17-2009, 12:15 PM
Hali had 58 tackles and 8 sacks as a rookie

there are others in your list that disprove your obviously stupid claim....but you really aren't worth the effort....

That proved to be a fluke though. Jared Allen was the reason for that.

Mecca
08-17-2009, 12:18 PM
Wow, your a fucking tool. All rookie defensive linemen are non-factors? That's complete bullshit.

Denver's defensive line consists of nose tackle ronald fields (who has started all of 9 games in his career), DE Ryan McBean (a late round draft pick who let go by a 3-4 team), and DE Kenny Peterson who simply isn't very good.

It's not like we have a whole lot more experience but we sure as hell have alot more talent with two 1st round picks, a couple of 3rd round picks, and veterans like Alphonso Boone and Ron Edwards who are average at best yet still better than any scrub on your roster.

At this point I don't think I'd say Ron Edwards is better than anyone he's pretty much the epitome of scrub the rest of the point is fine though.

I'm sure someone around here likes Smith since he played college ball at Nebraska.

the Talking Can
08-17-2009, 12:19 PM
That proved to be a fluke though. Jared Allen was the reason for that.

oh, when you're proven wrong you move the goal post....shocker

alanm
08-17-2009, 12:20 PM
Never trust a man with "Le ..." as a name.

The only other thing I know like that was Le Car. And it sucked.He didn't get to play much with the Pats. But he was pretty damn good with the Huskers. Which kills me since he's now a Bronco.:Lin:

Amnorix

Nah. WR. WR is about the worst there is. Sure, you can point to an odd Terry Glenn or whatever, but usually WRs, whether destined to be great or mediocre, don't do much worth talking about their rookie years.

You listed a whole bunch of guys who aren't likely to be great NFL players in their 5th year, much less their first.

I can probably name more DLinemen that were impressive in their rookie years than WR, especially if they are pass rushers.

Dwight Freeney, Terrell Suggs, Vince Wilfork (also started late in his rookie year, though he was really sharing time with Tractor Traylor), Richard Seymour, Bruce Smith.

But anyway -- see above for the 9 year old girls slapfight. I'm a Patriots fan and from here, your two teams' defensive lines aren't exactly impressing the hell outta me. :D

Quesadilla Joe
oh, when you're proven wrong you move the goal post....shocker

You pointed out one name out of the 20 or so I listed. I will give you Tamba if you really want.

Everyone here knows that defensive lineman take a while to develop. I'm not saying that Tyson Jackson will not be a good player someday, but odds are that he won't be good right out of the gate.

Mecca
08-17-2009, 12:22 PM
WR/QB/DT is the toughest, LB and RB the easiest.

I'd probably put the rest pretty close together.

Quesadilla Joe
08-17-2009, 12:23 PM
Nah. WR. WR is about the worst there is. Sure, you can point to an odd Terry Glenn or whatever, but usually WRs, whether destined to be great or mediocre, don't do much worth talking about their rookie years.

I think that is arguable. Although I do agree WR's generally don't have a lot of success their first year in the league, but most experts will tell you defensive line take longer to develop. than any position other than QB.

the Talking Can
08-17-2009, 12:23 PM
You pointed out one name out of the 20 or so I listed. I will give you Tamba if you really want.

Everyone here knows that defensive lineman take a while to develop. I'm not saying that Tyson Jackson will not be a good player someday, but odds are that he won't be good right out of the gate.

um, you point is easily disprovable...i only selected the most obvious example....

it was obvious you pulled together a list without knowing anything about it, or having watched any of them play....ngata? seriously?

Amnorix
08-17-2009, 12:24 PM

I'd have to say that Jackson probably has more raw potential for future Pro Bowls than anybody else on either of your rosters. Would you agree with that?

Mecca
08-17-2009, 12:25 PM
I'd have to say that Jackson probably has more raw potential for future Pro Bowls than anybody else on either of your rosters. Would you agree with that?

It's pretty hard to make the pro bowl as an end without getting a ton of sacks these days...

Amnorix
08-17-2009, 12:27 PM
I think that is arguable. Although I do agree WR's generally don't have a lot of success their first year in the league, but most experts will tell you defensive line take longer to develop. than any position other than QB.

Ok. I can't argue to unsupported claims of what "most experts" will tell you.

What I've read and seen suggests that WRs are the slowest non-QB developers. The need to understand route adjustments and be on the same page as the QB etc. and be in the right place at the right time -- it's almost impossible to get it right right away.

Most early successful DL have an easy job -- go kill the QB any way you can. Hence the Suggs and Freeneys having decent success even as rookies. There's no "just run up and out every time" for a WR.

DaFace
08-17-2009, 12:28 PM
I officially declare KnowMo a homer of epic proportions, and refuse to entertain him with a response from this point forward.

Amnorix
08-17-2009, 12:28 PM
It's pretty hard to make the pro bowl as an end without getting a ton of sacks these days...

Again, Richard Seymour. :D

But yes, your point is well taken. Run stop doesn't impress too many, unless you're a true NG.

Quesadilla Joe
08-17-2009, 12:29 PM
um, you point is easily disprovable...i only selected the most obvious example....

it was obvious you pulled together a list without knowing anything about it, or having watched any of them play....ngata? seriously?

He had 31 tackles and 1 sack his first year and 63 tackles and 3 sacks his second year. He wasn't great from the get go.

I left Luis Castillo off of the list because he played well. I did check these players #'s before I posted.

Quesadilla Joe
08-17-2009, 12:34 PM
Ok. I can't argue to unsupported claims of what "most experts" will tell you.

What I've read and seen suggests that WRs are the slowest non-QB developers. The need to understand route adjustments and be on the same page as the QB etc. and be in the right place at the right time -- it's almost impossible to get it right right away.

Most early successful DL have an easy job -- go kill the QB any way you can. Hence the Suggs and Freeneys having decent success even as rookies. There's no "just run up and out every time" for a WR.

Defensive lineman normally don't have good technique coming out of college. They aren't as strong as the offensive lineman they are going against. And they are routinely outsmarted by offensive lineman. Speed rushers with a great first step can come in and get a bunch of sacks, but normally defensive lineman struggle a lot their first year.

Amnorix
08-17-2009, 12:40 PM
Defensive lineman normally don't have good technique coming out of college. They aren't as strong as the offensive lineman they are going against. And they are routinely outsmarted by offensive lineman. Speed rushers with a great first step can come in and get a bunch of sacks, but normally defensive lineman struggle a lot their first year.

I don't recall saying most DL are great their first year. Mostly because I didn't.

DL is a tougher learning curve than many positions, but WR and QB (which you acknowledged) are at least as bad if not worse.

Whatever, we're pretty far afield from the main point of this thread.

The Bad Guy
08-17-2009, 12:42 PM

Your problem is you're trying to guage effectiveness of DT's by a pure stat sheet.

Another one of your problems is that you are a complete moron. That's not going to be fixed anytime soon.

Mile High Mania
08-17-2009, 12:44 PM
I just hope he "comes in and contributes"... takes it "one day at a time"... it's a "team game and they all have one goal"... "gotta take it week by week".

Looks like a nice player, hope for the best and move on. That's all I do.

Bwana
08-17-2009, 12:48 PM

Go the fuck away douche bag!

The Bad Guy
08-17-2009, 12:49 PM
Denver's DL is a complete joke. They are a pack of scrubs. The hilarious thing is the Chiefs DL has some upside with Jackson and Dorsey. The Broncos have absolutely none but yet this douche comes on here trying to blow smoke about a guy from New England that he's never heard of in his life until about 30 mintues ago.

Quesadilla Joe
08-17-2009, 01:35 PM
Go the **** away douche bag!

:grouphug::shrug:

Titty Meat
08-17-2009, 01:49 PM
A former Husker

Amnorix
08-17-2009, 02:50 PM
From Globe beat writer extraordinaire, Mike Reiss' blog:

"Smith is a reserve fourth-year defensive end who played in 18 percent of the snaps in 2008."

kcchiefsus
08-17-2009, 02:51 PM
Denver's DL is a complete joke. They are a pack of scrubs. The hilarious thing is the Chiefs DL has some upside with Jackson and Dorsey. The Broncos have absolutely none but yet this douche comes on here trying to blow smoke about a guy from New England that he's never heard of in his life until about 30 mintues ago.

Exactly. I don't care if Jackson and Magee have minimal impact as rookies, I still feel that impact will be more than that of scrubs like Ryan McBean or Kenny Peterson, players who athletically are inferior to the talent we have at defensive end. Like I said earlier, I would take Alphonso Boone over anybody the Broncos have at defensive end.

LaChapelle
08-17-2009, 02:56 PM
From home beat writer extraordinaire, KnowMo 24/27s' blog:

"Smith is an excellent fourth-year defensive end who was traded to Denver by mistake. Belichick has threatened to quit coaching if the trade is not reversed by the leage office."

DaWolf
08-17-2009, 03:04 PM

And yet he's being projected as "depth" for Denver. So, what, he'll do better riding bench for the Donx than he would have in New England?

orange
08-17-2009, 03:17 PM
And yet he's being projected as "depth" for Denver. So, what, he'll do better riding bench for the Donx than he would have in New England?

"Projected," maybe. But the Broncos like the Chiefs don't really have all the required pieces for the 3-4 yet. He could end up starting. The guys he has to beat out aren't stars by any means.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-17-2009, 03:22 PM
The Talking Clap tyson jackson

I can't figure out which is worse; his stupid-assed donkey homerism, or your instantaneous rush to ball-wash the GM and attempt to justify the greatest reach in franchise history.

You're so awesome. Can I be like you one day?

Basileus777
08-17-2009, 03:43 PM
the greatest reach in franchise history.

You might want to take a quick look at the Chiefs drafting history.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-17-2009, 03:45 PM

I'm sure it's up there even with adjustments for inflation.

Mecca
08-17-2009, 03:46 PM
What exactly is the reference of the greatest reach in franchise history?

orange
08-17-2009, 03:47 PM
I can't figure out which is worse; his stupid-assed donkey homerism, or your instantaneous rush to ball-wash the GM and attempt to justify the greatest reach in franchise history.

You're so awesome. Can I be like you one day?

I'm sure it's up there even with adjustments for inflation.

What exactly is the reference of the greatest reach in franchise history?

Sounds like a good poll topic. It shouldn't be just a highly-regarded player who busted, but a pick that literally had people rushing to internet to find a bio. Like a UCLA kicker.

listopencil
08-17-2009, 03:50 PM
Meh. Whatever. There were D linemen to be had in the draft and we got a hybrid. Now we are searching through the scrub pile hoping for the best. We'll see.

Halfcan
08-17-2009, 04:32 PM
dumb donks-lol

Halfcan
08-17-2009, 04:33 PM
no offense listo-you are cool-l meant the front office has made some strange moves this offseason

Jethopper
08-17-2009, 06:31 PM
:grouphug::shrug:

:LOL:

SAUTO
08-17-2009, 07:05 PM
jesus fucking christ you are a raiased on riots level retard

i tried to rep ya, it said i have to spread it around first

SAUTO
08-17-2009, 07:09 PM

first game he got at least part of a sack

Quesadilla Joe
08-18-2009, 04:34 AM
http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/260522-pats-trade-lekevin-smith-broncos-merged-page6.html#post1462610
This trade irks me just a little. I realize LeKevin mostly likely would not have made the squad this year but he was pretty good and seemed like he made strides in the time he was here. Him and Mike Wright developed very well, but why did he have to go to the Broncos. I watched the Broncos preseason game to check out the competiiton and because i like watching all the football i can. Unfortunately, i have to admit that there defense looked much improved even though this was preseason and Moreno showed ridiculous burst through the holes.

So i hate the idea of us helping them improve when we could realistically meet them in the playoffs. We'll mostly likely crush them but that is not the point.

LeKevin is going to be a good player for Denver. One preseason performance does not make a career. He played very well in REAL NFL REGULAR SEASON action. He's a good pickup.

I actually liked what I saw of him when he played, wish him well.

Let's give it up for LeKevin. I remember him in the SuperBowl against the Giants - the series that Woods lost the fumble - LeKevin looked pretty active in there. He may be the only Bronco DL with Super Bowl experience. Maybe he'll soften up Rivers for us.

If they knew who the good DL were they would need to trade for one. I think they will be pleasantly surprised.

Never high on LeKevin ? What makes you say that ? Haha ! he may very well be a solid contributor for Denver, but yeah... not a lot of difference for Ne in the end.

Anyone find it kinda weird that he WAS starting last Thursday ?

This is a good deal for both teams. The Patriots pick up the 5th pick they were lacking for a bubble player and the Broncos pick up a solid Dliner which they really needed.

Not to worry. It's all good. Thing is, I liked LeKevin, and think he's got a good future ahead of him. Considering the current roster, though, and his contract, it was hard to see him sticking around here unless the injury bug his the defense again.

He's a good kid, and a decent player, and i wish him all the best, unless he's playing against the Patriots.

Good job by McDaniels.:clap:

MoreLemonPledge
08-18-2009, 05:02 AM
First person said that Denver could make the playoffs.

And boom goes the credibility.

LaChapelle
08-18-2009, 05:14 AM
Bronco season ticket Infomercial

Amnorix
08-18-2009, 05:43 AM
First person said that Denver could make the playoffs.

And boom goes the credibility.

That's Patriots fan memories of the glory years and never being able to beat Denver coming through.

I'd be surprised if any team was within 3 of the Chargers in the AFCW this year, really. Figure they should be good for like 11-5 and hard to see any of the other three topping 8-8, no?

Mile High Mania
08-18-2009, 06:05 AM
That's Patriots fan memories of the glory years and never being able to beat Denver coming through.

I'd be surprised if any team was within 3 of the Chargers in the AFCW this year, really. Figure they should be good for like 11-5 and hard to see any of the other three topping 8-8, no?

I concur... while anything can happen, I wouldn't expect it if you are a fan of OAK / KC / DEN. San Diego is good and should win the AFCW easily (3 games), but I see them winning 10 games and while they are good... I put them back in the 2nd tier of "contenders". They're not without issues.

Amnorix
08-18-2009, 07:03 AM
I concur... while anything can happen, I wouldn't expect it if you are a fan of OAK / KC / DEN. San Diego is good and should win the AFCW easily (3 games), but I see them winning 10 games and while they are good... I put them back in the 2nd tier of "contenders". They're not without issues.

I agree that, on paper anyway, it seems to be a bit of (1) Patriots/Steelers, (2) everyone else, in the AFC.

But as we know sometimes that paper isn't worth much, and injuries can change everything in a big hurry.

Quiet Storm
08-18-2009, 09:15 PM
I agree that, on paper anyway, it seems to be a bit of (1) Patriots/Steelers, (2) everyone else, in the AFC.

Yes! Please keep on telling yourself this. It's always fun to see smug people get what's coming to them. Considering how your team has done little since THEY HAD TO STOP cheating (except for the biggest choke job in sports history), one would think you would lay low on the snobbish comments...

oh wait, its a Pats fan...too late.

On topic, KC's d-line is way more prime to bust out and lead the entire defense. You have two, young first rounders still w/tremendous upside. (I think Dorsey fits the 3-4.) You want run stuffers first. 3-4 Ends that can provide a pass rush are icing on the cake (Look @ NE's ends). Denver is way behind.

JD10367
08-18-2009, 09:39 PM
Yes! Please keep on telling yourself this. It's always fun to see smug people get what's coming to them. Considering how your team has done little since THEY HAD TO STOP cheating (except for the biggest choke job in sports history), one would think you would lay low on the snobbish comments...

I notice you conveniently ignored the second sentence of his post. You know, the part where he said, "But as we know sometimes that paper isn't worth much, and injuries can change everything in a big hurry."

Oh, yeah, and they did real little after "THEY HAD TO STOP cheating". Like winning the following 18 games.

Are your other 65 posts this good?

http://www.charviinternational.com/images/big_vaginal_douche_spray.jpg

Titty Meat
08-18-2009, 10:11 PM

On topic, KC's d-line is way more prime to bust out and lead the entire defense. You have two, young first rounders still w/tremendous upside. (I think Dorsey fits the 3-4.) You want run stuffers first. 3-4 Ends that can provide a pass rush are icing on the cake (Look @ NE's ends). Denver is way behind.

Didn't the Pats go undefeated after being caught?

salame
08-18-2009, 10:11 PM

you know the people around here dont listen to reason

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-19-2009, 09:01 AM

Dude, you just don't get it. As long as you're the NFL's bread-winner you can do whatever the fuck you please, and rules don't apply to you.

Here's to 10 more years of Brady and his old lady Jizzle on the cover of People!

:toast:

Quiet Storm
08-19-2009, 10:24 AM
I notice you conveniently ignored the second sentence of his post. You know, the part where he said, "But as we know sometimes that paper isn't worth much, and injuries can change everything in a big hurry."

Oh, yeah, and they did real little after "THEY HAD TO STOP cheating". Like winning the following 18 games.

Are your other 65 posts this good?

That picture is so funny. Wow, where did you come up with this stuff? It's so original.

Ok, they won 18 games after their whole cheating fiasco. However, it was rather fitting. They cheated (and a lot of the players around the league already knew they were), got caught but proceeded to go undefeated. Now, everyone thought they were gonna win the superbowl. We all know how that turned out. Forward to next season and the karma train strikes again when Brady gets his knee blown out. We'll see what the football gods have in store for them this year.

My hate for the Pats has no bounds. I would feel the same against any team that took the greatest sport in the world and tried to corrupt it because they needed an advantage. Win a superbowl when you don't have cameras and other nonsense of the like giving you a fair advantage.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-19-2009, 10:40 AM
That picture is so funny. Wow, where did you come up with this stuff? It's so original.

Ok, they won 18 games after their whole cheating fiasco. However, it was rather fitting. They cheated (and a lot of the players around the league already knew they were), got caught but proceeded to go undefeated. Now, everyone thought they were gonna win the superbowl. We all know how that turned out. Forward to next season and the karma train strikes again when Brady gets his knee blown out. We'll see what the football gods have in store for them this year.

My hate for the Pats has no bounds. I would feel the same against any team that took the greatest sport in the world and tried to corrupt it because they needed an advantage. Win a superbowl when you don't have cameras and other nonsense of the like giving you a fair advantage.

How the fuck that guy is still allowed to coach an NFL team is completely beyond me. Anybody else would have gotten the traveling papers from the League.

Quiet Storm
08-19-2009, 12:10 PM
How the **** that guy is still allowed to coach an NFL team is completely beyond me. Anybody else would have gotten the traveling papers from the League.

completely agree.