PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Can someone fill me in....

donkhater
08-17-2009, 01:54 PM
I watched the Chiefs game against the Texans. I thought Cassel looked pretty good.

Considering....

1) He had two guys (Darling and Copper) I'm not even sure will make the final roster as his starting WR's

2) He had two dropped passes past the first down marker that hit the receiver in the breadbasket and would have extended the drive.

3) They ran the ball a ton

4) penalties KILLED the drives.

Now granted he fumbled the ball. Even in the rain he should handle the snap, but that was about all he did badly IMO. Did I miss something else? Why all the hate for Cassel?

Mr. Flopnuts
08-17-2009, 01:56 PM
I haven't been around here as much before today, so I don't know, but I was happy with what Cassel accomplished. I thought he had some poise, and showed some leadership. I also didn't see any terrible throws, which I saw multiple per game last year from Tyler Thigpen. I'm pleased with game 1.

Frazod
08-17-2009, 02:00 PM
He was definitely hamstrung by the idiots on the field with him.

Sadly, he'd better get used to it. :shake:

"Bob" Dobbs
08-17-2009, 02:01 PM
Why all the hate for Cassel?
Because many here aren't happy unless they're bitching.

Mr. Arrowhead
08-17-2009, 02:01 PM
They (offense) never got into a groove mainly because of those dropped passes, that would have been first downs.

KCUnited
08-17-2009, 02:02 PM
The offensive game plan was very Solariesque so it wasn't like he was given this giant opportunity to showcase his skills.

MGRS13
08-17-2009, 02:04 PM
Did I miss something else? Why all the hate for Cassel?
His last name isn't Sanchez.

the Talking Can
08-17-2009, 02:05 PM
he looked fine, was accurate, and had a very nice scramble and throw on the run

but that's just to simple for people....so we pretend there are issues and listen to the wackiest talk about thigpen and croyle...

Mr. Krab
08-17-2009, 02:05 PM
This

MGRS13
08-17-2009, 02:06 PM
The offensive game plan was very Solariesque so it wasn't like he was given this giant opportunity to showcase his skills.

If Gailey keeps calling games using the RRPP Hailey will take over that duty by week three.

"Bob" Dobbs
08-17-2009, 02:20 PM
The offensive game plan was very Solariesque so it wasn't like he was given this giant opportunity to showcase his skills.WHAT game plan? It was the first preseason game.

donkhater
08-17-2009, 02:21 PM
I'm not sure that the first preseason game, in the rain, with the head coach playing mind games with the WRs isn't the best time to fling the balll around.

Despite Cassel, this team NEEDS LJ, Battle and the O-line to deliver a running game better than the one put on the field last season. My guess is that THAT is what concerns Haley more than whether or not Cassel is his man.

KCUnited
08-17-2009, 02:25 PM
WHAT game plan? It was the first preseason game.
True, but its ridiculous to think that Hailey did not have a plan of things that he wanted to see in the first game. His game plan may have been to play vanilla and see if guys line up correctly or not commit any penalties, who knows.

Ebolapox
08-17-2009, 02:28 PM
I wasn't unhappy considering the circumstances.

"Bob" Dobbs
08-17-2009, 02:32 PM
True, but its ridiculous to think that Hailey did not have a plan of things that he wanted to see in the first game. His game plan may have been to play vanilla and see if guys line up correctly or not commit any penalties, who knows.Well, yeah, but that's not a GAMEPLAN. All Saturday night was was a glorified practice.

KCChiefsMan
08-17-2009, 02:36 PM
ya, I was pleased with Cassel's play. I thought he made good decisions, a couple of times though it looked like he held on to the ball too long. Those 2 drops on 3rd down that would have converted, the penalties and the sack that Albert didn't attempt to block didn't help him. But his throws were accurate and I think he just needs to get rid of the ball faster, but hopefully with Bowe starting and Toomer on the field, WRs will run their routes and get open

KCUnited
08-17-2009, 02:38 PM
Well, yeah, but that's not a GAMEPLAN. All Saturday night was was a glorified practice.
No, they didn't game plan for the Texans, but they did have a plan to meet certain objectives, that's a game plan.

Bwana
08-17-2009, 02:40 PM
No no......to read some of the posts on the Planet, I've learned Cassel is a scrub, training camp fodder trash if you will....Thigpen is "The Man!"

morphius
08-17-2009, 02:46 PM
Well, yeah, but that's not a GAMEPLAN. All Saturday night was was a glorified practice.
The game plan was WR screens and run's, with an occasional ole' block by a random OL to hit the QB. With a couple of tosses forward just to make sure the ball could move in that direction without destroying the space time continuum, which also explains why the receivers were afraid to hold onto the ball. If that isn't a scheme for a game, I don't know what one is. :D

LaChapelle
08-17-2009, 02:51 PM
He reminded them too much of another #7, from Denver?

Pitt Gorilla
08-17-2009, 02:52 PM

but that's just to simple for people....so we pretend there are issues and listen to the wackiest talk about thigpen and croyle...Yup.

orange
08-17-2009, 02:52 PM

“So I thought defensively there were definitely some positives. Offensively, again with the game plan and how we went into it, the turnovers are probably what had me down in the tank the most on the flight back up here. We can’t make those kinds of mistakes and have a chance to win.”

Someone tell this "genius" he doesn't know what he's talking about. ChiefsPlaneteers have spoken.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-17-2009, 02:58 PM

This

"This meeting of the Give Me Something Non Existent To Cry About Society will now come to order".

Nobody hates Cassel. Let it go, ladies.

Fish
08-17-2009, 03:26 PM
Cassell sucks! Brodie and Tyler are better!

Alberts sucks. He had like 50 penalties and only blocked once.

Goff is equally useless. Except for those blocks he made.

Bowe will be cut.

LJ can't run.

Corey Mays is the genetic offspring of Lawrence Taylor and Dick Butkus.

Bobby Sippio is needed. Likewise we will be missing Boomer before long.

Half the coaches should be fired already, and the other half should go see Ray Farmer.

The video ribbon is too bright. Game music sucks.

That should cover most of it.

orange
08-17-2009, 03:28 PM

You left one out:

Bring back my Ring of Fame!

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-17-2009, 03:28 PM

Bowe will be cut.

LJ can't run.

Half the coaches should be fired already, and the other half should go see Ray Farmer.

LMAO

Fish
08-17-2009, 03:30 PM
Yeah... if they don't bring back the Ring of Fame, we're gonna have to burn the mother down....

Rooster
08-17-2009, 03:30 PM

Bowe will be cut.

LJ can't run.

LMAOLMAO That about sums it up right there.

SAUTO
08-17-2009, 03:31 PM

but that's just to simple for people....so we pretend there are issues and listen to the wackiest talk about thigpen and croyle...

CAN, i like you more and more with each post.

CupidStunt
08-17-2009, 03:35 PM
Cassel was perfectly fine. In five passes, with the rain pouring and having two WR drops, you're not gonna learn a lot. Friday could tell us a little more: inside a dome, figures to have a few more passes, and may even -- brace yourself -- be throwing to NFL-caliber WRs.

Maybe even the probable starters. Wouldn't that be wild!

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-17-2009, 03:41 PM
Cassel was perfectly fine. In five passes, with the rain pouring and having two WR drops, you're not gonna learn a lot. Friday could tell us a little more: inside a dome, figures to have a few more passes, and may even -- brace yourself -- be throwing to NFL-caliber WRs.

Maybe even the probable starters. Wouldn't that be wild!

When we finally had a scrambling play( or hell even ANYTHING that didn't come from the Leftover Herm High School Playbook ), Cassel did his job and threw a money-pass that one of our many butter-fingered personnel couldn't hold on to.

I'm not up to speed on how good or bad Houston's defense is, but I thought Cassel did a good job of reading them and avoiding them when he had to.

Simply Red
08-17-2009, 04:18 PM
Because many here aren't happy unless they're bitching.

that

Bwana
08-17-2009, 05:22 PM

Bowe will be cut.

LJ can't run.

LMAO

Marcellus
08-17-2009, 06:39 PM
I know the highlights they showed of Cutler and Orton tonight on Monday Night Countdown were godawful. Especially Orton, he made Thigpen look accurate.

KCChiefsFan88
08-17-2009, 06:41 PM
Haley put Cassel in a no win situation. The Chiefs outsourced the playcalling to Herm while Cassel was in there and they had the third string group of WRs in as well.