PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Glenn Dorsey

chiefbowe82
08-17-2009, 10:03 PM
Got beat every single play.

I just went back and watched every snap he took earlier today.

Every. Single. Play.

Meanwhile, Jared Allen is still kicking asses in Minnesota.

chiefbowe82
08-17-2009, 10:04 PM
Oh yeah GoChiefs can we get some gifs

Stinger
08-17-2009, 10:04 PM
Got beat every single play.

I just went back and watched every snap he took earlier today.

Every. Single. Play.

Meanwhile, Jared Allen is still kicking asses in Minnesota.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v250/stinger871/Chief%20Planet/50168984baseketball137om.gif

DeezNutz
08-17-2009, 10:05 PM
If we still had Allen, would Pioli and co. still have forced the transition to the 34?

Buehler445
08-17-2009, 10:07 PM
If we still had Allen, would Pioli and co. still have forced the transition to the 34?

OLB?

The answer is probably.

Basileus777
Glenn Dorsey doesn't play RT.

DeezNutz
OLB?

The answer is probably.

That's fucked up.

Buehler445
08-17-2009, 10:10 PM
That's fucked up.

Not NEARLY as fucked up as 6-26.

Hammock Parties
08-17-2009, 10:10 PM
This is a ploy to get me to post Dorsey gifs isn't it?

It's not working.

Buehler445
08-17-2009, 10:11 PM
This is a ploy to get me to post Dorsey gifs isn't it?

It's not working.

ROFL

Glad to see you picked up on that.

veist
08-17-2009, 11:15 PM
That's ****ed up.

If the 3-4 is what Pioli is best at evaluating talent for do you want him winging it on drafting 4-3 players?

DeezNutz
08-17-2009, 11:24 PM
If the 3-4 is what Pioli is best at evaluating talent for do you want him winging it on drafting 4-3 players?

If we just hired a GM who is incapable of recognizing talent outside of any defensive set other than than 3-4, I'd say that we just landed a stupid sumbitch.

And he should definitely give back his "Executive of the Motherfucking World" award.

T-post Tom
08-17-2009, 11:30 PM
If we just hired a GM who is incapable of recognizing talent outside of any defensive set other than than 3-4, I'd say that we just landed a stupid sumbitch.

And he should definitely give back his "Executive of the Mother****ing World" award.

Anyone that truly thinks Pioli can't evaluate 4-3 talent (vs 3-4 talent) should put their straitjacket back on and wait for the lobotomy wound to heal before posting on the subject.

veist
08-17-2009, 11:35 PM

And he should definitely give back his "Executive of the Mother****ing World" award.
It was an exaggeration jackass. I'm sure he can do it but why limit him to something he is at least going to be less familiar with after doing 3-4 drafting for what over a decade? Especially when he's been viewed as one of the best 3-4 talent evaluators around and its his job to make final decisions on all personnel. If its bad for us to put square pegs in round holes with personnel on the field why isn't it bad for us to also do it in the front office?

BigMeatballDave
08-17-2009, 11:43 PM
Dorsey is a bust. Just ask Billay...

T-post Tom
08-17-2009, 11:47 PM
It was an exaggeration jackass. I'm sure he can do it but why limit him to something he is at least going to be less familiar with after doing 3-4 drafting for what over a decade? Especially when he's been viewed as one of the best 3-4 talent evaluators around and its his job to make final decisions on all personnel. If its bad for us to put square pegs in round holes with personnel on the field why isn't it bad for us to also do it in the front office?

Poor analogy. No offense. Distinguishing talent for the 3-4 vs. the 4-3 isn't brain surgery. And it certainly isn't a concern for an owner that's interviewing a man with Pioli's credentials. Again, no offense, but you're missing the boat on this. Additionally, GM's don't make personnel decisions in a vacuum. They rely on input from the HC, Coordinators, Position Coaches and Scouts.

veist
08-18-2009, 12:23 AM
Poor analogy. No offense. Distinguishing talent for the 3-4 vs. the 4-3 isn't brain surgery. And it certainly isn't a concern for an owner that's interviewing a man with Pioli's credentials. Again, no offense, but you're missing the boat on this. Additionally, GM's don't make personnel decisions in a vacuum. They rely on input from the HC, Coordinators, Position Coaches and Scouts.

Maybe I'm not making myself clear, my point is simply that he is going to do what he views is the best way to do his job. So unless he thinks he can do a better job of putting the best roster he can on the field running a 4-3 instead of a 3-4 why would he put together a roster to run a 4-3? If he has Jared Allen or not I imagine his long term evaluation is still going to be lets get this roster overhauled to where I can build the best possible roster I can. And that probably means switching to a 3-4 sooner rather than later.

Ultra Peanut
08-18-2009, 12:33 AM
http://i26.tinypic.com/2605u7o.gif

salame
08-18-2009, 12:34 AM
I didn't notice him get his ass kicked that bad
just sort of bad

T-post Tom
08-18-2009, 12:47 AM
Maybe I'm not making myself clear, my point is simply that he is going to do what he views is the best way to do his job. So unless he thinks he can do a better job of putting the best roster he can on the field running a 4-3 instead of a 3-4 why would he put together a roster to run a 4-3? If he has Jared Allen or not I imagine his long term evaluation is still going to be lets get this roster overhauled to where I can build the best possible roster I can. And that probably means switching to a 3-4 sooner rather than later.

I'm not sure that I follow, but that's okay. It's late and I'm a bit groggy.

Today, in his interview on 810, Pioli did state that most good NFL d-linemen have a massive upswing in preformance their second year. He cited the Pats' current d-line and how none of those linemen had stellar first years. Maybe that tendency and the Chiefs' mixed use of the 3-4 & the 4-3 will allow Dorsey to really thrive this year. Hell, it's preseason and we're undefeated in the real games. ;) No need to take off the homer goggles just yet.