PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Great Interview with Pioli (Podcast)

T-post Tom
08-17-2009, 11:37 PM
So far, every Pioli interview that I've heard has inspired confidence in his ability and the direction of the franchise. This was no exception. Look under the Between the Lines section for the interview. Enjoy!

http://810whb.com/podcasts

veist
08-17-2009, 11:45 PM
you have the [i] tag inside your [url] tag which is screwing the link up

T-post Tom
08-17-2009, 11:48 PM
you have the [i] tag inside your [url] tag which is screwing the link up

Thank you. It's been corrected.

veist
08-18-2009, 12:00 AM
its a good listen, listening now btw

Tribal Warfare
08-18-2009, 12:27 AM
Very informative

T-post Tom
08-18-2009, 12:34 AM
Very informative

Your posts bring a whole new meaning to "lima time".

SenselessChiefsFan
08-18-2009, 05:35 AM
So far, every Pioli interview that I've heard has inspired confidence in his ability and the direction of the franchise. This was no exception. Look under the Between the Lines section for the interview. Enjoy!

http://810whb.com/podcasts

Both he and Haley inspire confidence every time I hear them speak.

Both are very honest. Both are very professional.

Both admit mistakes, and to me, that will be what gets the Chiefs where they are going.

Pioli was talking about the Cassel situation. And, he pointed to the contract and said that obviously, they expect Cassel to be the starter.

HOWEVER, if a mistake was made, if they have a better player on the team, then the better player will be starting.

While this happened under CP at times with other positions, just imagine what would have happened if CP acknowledge the Grbac mistake and kept Gannon and allowed him to start.

I know Haley has yet to coach a real game..... but, how can you not be inspired by his attention to detail and his honesty?

CoMoChief
08-18-2009, 06:38 AM
I just want our drafts to be better. That would fix most of the teams problems on down the road.

Because as for now, Pioli is taking the Carl Peterson approach as to signing veterans to plug holes temporarily. I guess the only difference is Pioli is signing them for cheap dollars as Carl would be handing out 4 yr deals.

Buehler445
08-18-2009, 06:52 AM
Good info guys. Any other tidbits from the podcast?
Posted via Mobile Device

the Talking Can
08-18-2009, 07:09 AM
one thing is absolutely clear, halioli are convinced they know how to build a championship team - pioli said it several times - and that it starts with guys who buy into their "way"....and if you don't buy in they will get rid of you sooner or later...

Chiefnj2
08-18-2009, 07:14 AM
I just want our drafts to be better. That would fix most of the teams problems on down the road.

Because as for now, Pioli is taking the Carl Peterson approach as to signing veterans to plug holes temporarily. I guess the only difference is Pioli is signing them for cheap dollars as Carl would be handing out 4 yr deals.

How would you have fixed the holes that Pioli filled by signing veteran players who are familiar with a 34 like Vrable or Thomas?

DeezNutz
08-18-2009, 07:42 AM
The candor that seems to be far more common around 1 Arrowhead has been very refreshing.

It's far easier to admit mistakes and flaws when one is supremely confident in his skill set and/or approach, and Haley and Pioli have confidence, which doesn't really seem to be arrogance, in bunches. Me likey.

SenselessChiefsFan
08-18-2009, 07:44 AM
The candor that seems to be far more common around 1 Arrowhead has been very refreshing.

It's far easier to admit mistakes and flaws when one is supremely confident in his skill set and/or approach, and Haley and Pioli have confidence, which doesn't really seem to be arrogance, in bunches. Me likey.

It is amazing how much confidence shows through in humility.

KC Jones
08-18-2009, 08:08 AM
I liked the following when talking about "oh my moments" when guys make big bone headed mistakes, "they are frustrating, but then they become teaching moments... and if they happen again they are no longer teaching moments."

In other words, learn not to fuck up or get the fuck out.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-18-2009, 09:46 AM
I'm still not buying Cassel getting yanked for Brokie or Thigshit.

Under ANY circumstances.

dirk digler
08-18-2009, 09:54 AM
Both he and Haley inspire confidence every time I hear them speak.

Both are very honest. Both are very professional.

Both admit mistakes, and to me, that will be what gets the Chiefs where they are going.

Pioli was talking about the Cassel situation. And, he pointed to the contract and said that obviously, they expect Cassel to be the starter.

HOWEVER, if a mistake was made, if they have a better player on the team, then the better player will be starting.

While this happened under CP at times with other positions, just imagine what would have happened if CP acknowledge the Grbac mistake and kept Gannon and allowed him to start.

I know Haley has yet to coach a real game..... but, how can you not be inspired by his attention to detail and his honesty?

Yep I definitely like it. I like the confidence and the ability to admit a mistake and move on. I especially like the part where he said he made mistakes with players in NE and he is not perfect so don't expect him to be.

DaWolf
08-18-2009, 10:11 AM
I take a couple of things away from listening to Pioli. First, he exudes the confidence that makes me feel like he belongs where he is and he knows how to get us back to winning and putting a championship caliber team out there.

Second, this is going to be a process and anyone expecting miracles in one or two years is in for serious disappointment. They're going through the process of weeding out players and finding the ones who fit and instilling that culture, and that'll probably take time. They expect Matt Cassel to perform but if he doesn't he probably won't be here in a few years. Same with any other player. However he sounds very confident in separate interviews that Cassel and Tyson Jackson are going to be good players because of their makeup.

The only real question to me is how well can Pioli surround himself with good scouts and personnel and how adept he is at identifying the right talent. As someone earlier pointed out, we need to start hitting some homeruns with our draft picks...