PDA

View Full Version : Football Brutal slate awaits: Big Three in South on KU’s schedule

Lzen
08-19-2009, 10:41 AM
http://www2.kusports.com/news/2009/aug/18/brutal-slate-awaits-big-three-south-kus-schedule/?football

Tuesday, August 18, 2009 (http://www2.kusports.com/news/2009/aug/18/)
Brutal slate awaits: Big Three in South on KU’s schedule

By Eric Sorrentino (http://www2.kusports.com/staff/eric_sorrentino/)

If the Kansas University football team is to win its first outright Big 12 North title this season, the Jayhawks will have to make history with a brutal conference schedule ahead of them.For the second straight year, KU drew the big three from the Big 12 South: Oklahoma, Texas and Texas Tech. Two of the three (UT, TTU) are on the road.
By contrast, Nebraska, which is expected to finish atop the North standings with KU, doesn’t face Texas this year. And the Cornhuskers drew Texas Tech and Oklahoma at home.
When comparing schedules, Nebraska is the favorite. Kansas, however, returns the most prolific quarterback in its history in Todd Reesing, along with the best group of receivers in the conference. Couple that with a date against Nebraska on Nov. 14 in Lawrence, and the Big 12 North is officially up for grabs.
Here’s a look at KU’s conference schedule in 2009, along with a few names to remember when preparing for the opposition:
Oct. 10: vs. Iowa State
Player to watch: Junior running back Alexander Robinson. If healthy, Robinson should surpass his 863 all-purpose yards (703 rushing) and six scores from last season. He only caught 17 passes, but new offensive coordinator Tom Herman, who previously held the same position at Rice, is expected to implement his spread attack, which will showcase heavy doses of Robinson in the running and receiving game. He’s really the Cyclones’ lone home run threat on offense.
The Jayhawks’ offense should be able to feast on an ISU unit that ranked No. 116 of 119 Bowl Subdivision teams in pass defense last year.
Oct. 17: at Colorado
Player to watch: Sophomore running back Darrell Scott. The five-star recruit and the No. 1-rated Rivals.com freshman back in the nation was somewhat of a disappointment last year after rushing for just 343 yards and a touchdown. Injuries limited his productivity, but he’s a prime breakout candidate this year with future NFL potential.
Colorado has the deepest corps of backs in the conference with sophomores Scott, Rodney Stewart and Brian Lockridge, to go along with junior Demetrius Sumler. With a quarterback battle between unproven signal callers Cody Hawkins and Tyler Hansen, the Buffaloes should focus a lot on their ground game this season.
Oct. 24: vs. Oklahoma
Player to watch: Junior quarterback Sam Bradford. Naturally, you’re going to attract attention when you’re the reigning Heisman Trophy winner coming off a season with 4,720 passing yards and a nation’s-best 50 touchdown passes. Bradford, predicted by many to be a Top 5 NFL Draft pick this April, decided to return to school with a fire still burning inside him after OU’s BCS Championship loss to Florida. He would have battled Matthew Stafford, who went on to sign a $78 million contract with Detroit, for the No. 1 pick. Bradford should be a finalist again for the Heisman, and the Sooners are a consensus Top 5 team in the country this season.
The atmosphere in Lawrence should be electric for this game, particularly if the Jayhawks enter at 6-0, which is realistic. ESPN College GameDay, are you listening?
Oct. 31: at Texas Tech
Player to watch: Junior quarterback Taylor Potts. The Red Raiders have led the nation in passing six of the last seven years, so it’s a good bet coach Mike Leach will continue to air it out, even without Graham Harrell and Michael Crabtree. Potts is next in line in the TTU quarterback factory, and at 6-foot-5, he’s taller than any signal caller of the Leach era (2000-present). He reportedly has a better arm and can heave it downfield with more precision than Harrell.
Texas Tech won’t be a Top 25 team to start the season like last year, but consider the Red Raiders haven’t won fewer than eight games in a season since 2001.
Nov. 7: at Kansas State
Player to watch: Senior wide receiver Brandon Banks. He’s arguably the most underrated player in the conference. Banks caught 67 passes for 1,049 yards and nine TD’s last season, and he’s a threat to take it the distance on kickoff returns, too. Most Lawrence High and Free State High receivers are bigger than Banks, who is listed a mere 5-7, 150 pounds.
One problem: With Josh Freeman gone, who’s going to give Banks his touches, Carson Coffman or Daniel Thomas? Both are unproven.
Nov. 14: vs. Nebraska
Player to watch: Senior defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh. The KU offensive line is most likely going to want to double team Suh, who’s already being projected the No. 2 overall pick in Todd McShay’s 2010 NFL Draft. The 6-4, 300-pounder led an improved Nebraska defense last season in tackles (76) and sacks (7.5).
The Huskers should be a fringe Top 20 team to start the year. This game will be one of the most anticipated KU home games of the season and could decide the Big 12 North champion.
Nov. 21: at Texas
Player to watch: Senior quarterback Colt McCoy. He was the most accurate QB in the land last year, completing 76.67 percent of his passes, a NCAA record. McCoy was a finalist for the Heisman Trophy last year and is a front-runner to win the award this season.
The Longhorns didn’t like being the odd man out in the South’s three-way tie last year, and will likely use that as motivation in their quest to win a BCS Championship. Texas is a consensus Top 5 team in the country this season.
The Jayhawks, as good as they’re supposed to be, will likely still be at least 14-point underdogs at Darrell Royal Memorial Stadium.
Nov. 28: vs. Missouri in Kansas City, Mo.
Player to watch: Junior running back Derrick Washington. He rushed for 1,036 yards and 17 scores last year on a hurt left knee. With the absence of Chase Daniel, Jeremy Maclin and Chase Coffman, Washington quickly becomes the No. 1 option in the MU offense. Pressure rests on the arm of sophomore quarterback Blaine Gabbert, one of the most heralded recruits in Missouri history. But Washington should help him ease into a comfort zone in his first year running the offense.
Missouri, which won the North the last two years, won’t be ranked to start the season and will be somewhat of a long shot to win the Big 12 North again in 2009.

blaise
08-19-2009, 10:46 AM
Mangino's got a lot on his plate, that's for sure.

CoMoChief
08-19-2009, 10:55 AM

Well its a good thing that he's incredibly fat and loves to eat, then.

ROYC75
08-19-2009, 10:59 AM

WELL, He can eat a lot.

Pablo
08-19-2009, 11:00 AM
MANGINO DIPS HIS KFC IN CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM.

blaise
08-19-2009, 11:00 AM
MANGINO DIPS HIS KFC IN CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM.

While he's sitting on the toilet.

POND_OF_RED
08-19-2009, 11:11 AM
Should be a fun season for the north. That schedule is very brutal. The only game I see as a "sure thing" is vs. ISU. The game at CU you are definitely favored in but I could see Colorado being a pain in the ass for a few teams this year if they can get that ground game going especially on the road. KSU and MU are rivalry games so those are always toss ups. Should be fun to watch. Good luck. I just hope we can both compete for the Big 12 until that last week. Nothing more fun than a meaningful rivalry game to close out the regular season even if we'd be playing for a bloodbath the next week.

CoMoChief
08-19-2009, 11:17 AM
While he's sitting on the toilet.

taking his 4th shit of the morning....

blaise
08-19-2009, 11:19 AM
taking his 4th shit of the morning....

That's 1/3 of his daily output, or what he's dubbed his "Big 12".

Lzen
08-20-2009, 08:27 AM
Should be a fun season for the north. That schedule is very brutal. The only game I see as a "sure thing" is vs. ISU. The game at CU you are definitely favored in but I could see Colorado being a pain in the ass for a few teams this year if they can get that ground game going especially on the road. KSU and MU are rivalry games so those are always toss ups. Should be fun to watch. Good luck. I just hope we can both compete for the Big 12 until that last week. Nothing more fun than a meaningful rivalry game to close out the regular season even if we'd be playing for a bloodbath the next week.

You make some very valid points. I have seen a few talking heads say good things about CU this year and suggest they might be a dark horse in the North. The thing with Colorado is that they aren't going anywhere with Cody Hawkins at QB. JMO.

Lzen
08-20-2009, 08:28 AM
Oh, and thanks to the douchebags for filling up this thread with Mangino is fat. Wow, we have never heard those jokes. Way to add intelligent comments to the discussion. :rolleyes:

DaKCMan AP
08-20-2009, 08:33 AM
KU goes 4-4 in conference, at best, IMO.

Lzen
08-20-2009, 08:44 AM

At best? Really? What games do they lose, IYO?

Reerun_KC
08-20-2009, 08:54 AM
Oh, and thanks to the douchebags for filling up this thread with Mangino is fat. Wow, we have never heard those jokes. Way to add intelligent comments to the discussion. :rolleyes:

You do realize we are talking about MU and KSU fans right?

DaKCMan AP
08-20-2009, 08:56 AM
At best? Really? What games do they lose, IYO?

Definite: OU, Texas

Probably: Nebraska

Possibly: TTU, MU, Colorado

Reerun_KC
08-20-2009, 08:59 AM
Definite: OU, Texas

Probably: Nebraska

Possibly: TTU, MU, Colorado

I have them going 9-3 and winning the north, losing to TX in the Big 12

Saulbadguy
08-20-2009, 09:00 AM

That could win the North.

DaKCMan AP
08-20-2009, 09:00 AM
I have them going 9-3 and winning the north, losing to TX in the Big 12

I have them 8-4 or 7-5.

Frazod
08-20-2009, 09:06 AM
You do realize we are talking about MU and KSU fans right?

You might want to reread the thread - the people who started it are all yours.

Reerun_KC
08-20-2009, 09:08 AM
I have them 8-4 or 7-5.

Either way, we will go bowling and if we win that, it would be 3 in a row...

So its about building a foundation to get better and strong each year... I like what the Big Guy is doing at KU...

People can complain all they want about his weight, but Mangino is a great coach and doing a great job...

Reerun_KC
08-20-2009, 09:09 AM

Too late, you just posted in the thread, the over IQ of the thread just bottomed out...

:D

j/k

DaKCMan AP
08-20-2009, 09:22 AM
Either way, we will go bowling and if we win that, it would be 3 in a row...

So its about building a foundation to get better and strong each year... I like what the Big Guy is doing at KU...

People can complain all they want about his weight, but Mangino is a great coach and doing a great job...

You don't have to justify anything to me, I'm just stating my prediction.

Reerun_KC
08-20-2009, 09:24 AM
You don't have to justify anything to me, I'm just stating my prediction.

Then stop blaming everything on me! :cuss:

DaKCMan AP
08-20-2009, 09:25 AM
Then stop blaming everything on me! :cuss:

I don't blame me, I blame Reerun_KC.

ChiefMojo
08-20-2009, 09:47 AM
I have KU going 9-3 with loses to Oklahoma and Texas for sure. The last loss will come from one of three... Nebraska, Texas Tech, or Missouri. Nebraska was selected to win the North really only due to this matter at hand... KU's schedule. KU is the most talented team in the North for sure.

Alphaman
08-20-2009, 09:55 AM
I have KU going 9-3 with loses to Oklahoma and Texas for sure. The last loss will come from one of three... Nebraska, Texas Tech, or Missouri. Nebraska was selected to win the North really only due to this matter at hand... KU's schedule. KU is the most talented team in the North for sure.

KU has the best QB/WR combo in the North for sure. It remains to be seen if their O-Line and Defense (thus the entire team) is the most talented in the North.

I'm a Mizzou fan, but if I did a ranking I'd rate KU #1 in the North this season because of the QB and the WRs. That being said, there are some questions that still need to be answered. There is NO WAY Nebraska should be the preseason #1 in the North.

Lzen
08-20-2009, 10:22 AM

I don't know who blaise likes, but I doubt he is a KU fan. And we know the CoMo is a KU hoops fan, but that he attended MU football games and tends to talk negatively about KU football. So, I would put him on your side for football. I know, I know, neither of us want him. :doh!:Not sure about PostRock.

Frazod
08-20-2009, 10:24 AM
I don't know who blaise likes, but I doubt he is a KU fan. And we know the CoMo is a KU hoops fan, but that he attended MU football games and tends to talk negatively about KU football. So, I would put him on your side for football. I know, I know, neither of us want him. :doh!:Not sure about PostRock.

PostRock is definitely yours.

Lzen
08-20-2009, 10:31 AM

KU has the best QB/WR combo in the North for sure. It remains to be seen if their O-Line and Defense (thus the entire team) is the most talented in the North.

I'm a Mizzou fan, but if I did a ranking I'd rate KU #1 in the North this season because of the QB and the WRs. That being said, there are some questions that still need to be answered. There is NO WAY Nebraska should be the preseason #1 in the North.

Nebraska and KU both have some question marks. But I think without knowing how those question marks will play out, you could rank them at #1 and #2 in the North at this point. It doesn't really matter which one you place at #1 and which you place at #2.

The main differences in the schedule this year between NU and KU are these:
- KU plays @ Texas while NU plays @ Baylor
Nobody expects KU to win at UT. Meanwhile, though many prognosticators are expecting big things from Baylor this year, NU has a chance to win at Baylor. Both games could be losses for the North teams, in my view.

- KU plays Texas Tech @ Lubbock while NU gets them at home.
KU could win in Lubbock but it won't be easy. Leach has that program humming. Sure, they lost a great QB and a great WR, but they seem to just reload every year or every other year. This will be a big advantage for NU to get this game at home.

- NU play KU @ Lawrence.
This could be the deciding factor, IMO. Barring any major injuries, I actually believe it will come down to this game. And I think KU will win this one at home.

Having said all that, it is possible that another team (CU, MU) could sneak up and win the North this year. Not likely, but always a possibility.

Lzen
08-20-2009, 10:32 AM
PostRock is definitely yours.

So you got 1 out of 3. Not bad......if you're talking about batting averages. :shake:

FishingRod
08-20-2009, 10:34 AM

Nice take for an MU Fan. NU and KU are really close in overall team talent and Nebraska has a better schedule so I really can't argue with the preseason prediction. As a KU fan this would have been a better year to play your tigers early. I think MU will be a different team by the time of the border war. Except for ISU and KSU I think anyone in the north, with the right breaks, could steal it this year. Hey the last couple of years have great to be a big 12 fan we just need the north to get a little better so that the big 12 north champ is not the 4th best team.

Lzen
08-20-2009, 10:42 AM
Thursday, August 20, 2009 (http://www2.kusports.com/news/2009/aug/20/)
By Dugan Arnett (http://www2.kusports.com/staff/dugan_arnett/)

http://media.lawrence.com/img/croppedphotos/2009/04/11/meier_t650.jpg?eec9ecda5f66de59a37bbdb23c6f48523261b548 (http://www2.kusports.com/photos/2009/apr/11/168668/)
Photo by Nick Krug (http://www2.kusports.com/staff/nick_krug/)
Kansas' Kerry Meier tosses to the end zone in the spring game on April 11. Meier will not make the switch to full-time receiver.

Senior Thornton returning to safety
After a short hiatus, Kansas University senior Justin Thornton will return to the position in which he thrived during the Jayhawks’ 2007 Orange Bowl season.
<small>Advertisement</small>
<iframe class=" wpytevlnrdqiqqqtyjuu wpytevlnrdqiqqqtyjuu" id="aa3755f8" name="aa3755f8" src="http://ads2.ljworld.com/www/delivery/afr.php?n=aa3755f8&zoneid=197&cb=4" framespacing="0" frameborder="no" height="250" scrolling="no" width="300">&lt;a href='http://ads2.ljworld.com/www/delivery/ck.php?n=a3a0703b&amp;amp;cb=4' target='_blank'&gt;&lt;img src='http://ads2.ljworld.com/www/delivery/avw.php?zoneid=197&amp;amp;cb=4&amp;amp;n=a3a0703b' border='0' alt='' /&gt;&lt;/a&gt;</iframe>

Thornton, who tied for the team lead with five interceptions as a sophomore in ’07, was shifted to cornerback last fall as part of the team's massive secondary overhaul. But on Wednesday, KU coach Mark Mangino said the St. Joseph, Mo., native has made the move back to safety.
“The reason we did that is because he kind of directs the traffic, he’s an old hand back there,” said the coach. “He’s been in a bunch of big games at that position, and we’re starting to feel more comfortable with him there because the corners are starting to develop really well.”
Thornton played the first seven games of last season at free safety before making a mid-season switch to left cornerback. He led the Jayhawks with 11 pass break-ups and finished with a career-high 63 tackles.
Meier won’t stop working at quarterback
Mangino’s plan to phase Kerry Meier out of the quarterback rotation and allow the Pittsburg native to work full-time at receiver has been scrapped — at least for the most part.
“After looking at it through training camp, I’m not sure that we’ll completely divorce him from that position,” Mangino said. “But his reps are extremely limited. I just want to keep him there in case the worst-case scenario would come about.”
Mangino, who said Meier has been working at receiver approximately 90 percent of the time, previously indicated that Meier would make a permanent shift to the position if backup quarterback Kale Pick emerged as a viable No. 2 quarterback during summer training camp.
Linebacker Brooks returns to practice
After leaving summer training camp last Tuesday to deal with a family emergency, transfer linebacker Vernon Brooks is back at practice and showing signs of promise, Mangino said.
“Vernon Brooks the last couple days has really come on strong, and he’s really making a statement,” said Mangino of the transfer from Texas’ Blinn College. “He’s a hard-nosed guy, and he just has to learn our defense. But he’s doing very well.”
Porter among running backs vying for snaps
A year ago, Daniel Porter was watching KU standouts Todd Reesing and Dezmon Briscoe from a box in his living room.
These days, he’s vying for a chance to play alongside them.
“I used to watch them on ESPN all the time,” said Porter, a running back transfer from San Mateo (Calif.) Junior College. “And I’m here now, so it’s pretty cool.”
The junior from San Francisco was a late addition to the Jayhawks’ roster this spring, but Mangino last week called him one of the team’s fastest players, and said he didn’t figure the back would have much trouble making the transition to Division-I football.
“I like his attitude,” Mangino said. “He’s a guy, like a lot of our kids, he’s super serious about his work.”
Linebacker Jones no longer with program
Mangino also said Wednesday that Julian Jones, a true freshman linebacker from Lawton, Okla., did not report to training camp and is no longer with the team.
“We talked to him and he wanted to just go somewhere to college close to home,” said the coach. “And I think he made a good decision.”

Lzen
08-20-2009, 10:48 AM
After losing 3 very good LBers to graduation, I am encouraged by the new guys.

-I have seen video of Brooks at Blinn JC and that dude is an animal. I think once he gets the KU system down, he should start tearing it up.

-Tharp possibly getting the starting gig as a freshman would be impressive.

-I would love for Quigley to show his hard hitting and be a great LBer for KU, but reports are that he has been slow to pick up the position.

-Arist Wright has playing experience so that should help.

-Springer could be very good, but he has not played as well since coming back from a serious injury last year. I'm hoping that is only temporary.

Frazod
08-20-2009, 11:03 AM
So you got 1 out of 3. Not bad......if you're talking about batting averages. :shake:

No, CoMo is YOURS. And the other guy didn't hop in with the dumbassery until it was well underway. So get over it. :p

beer bacon
08-20-2009, 11:28 AM
As a Mizzou fan, I don't see why Nebraska is predicted to finish ahead of the Tigers. I personally think KU should be the favorite. They have problems on defense and some problems on the O-line, but they have a great QB and he has some good targets to throw to. What advantages does Nebraska have over MU? Nebraska probably will have a better D-line because of Suh, but that is about it.

Reerun_KC
08-20-2009, 11:30 AM
No, CoMo is YOURS. And the other guy didn't hop in with the dumbassery until it was well underway. So get over it. :p

No Frazzy! CoMo is yours and yours only...

dont pawn off your trash on us...:D

blaise
08-20-2009, 12:05 PM

I really don't have a rooting interest. I grew up in Western NY and went to University of Buffalo. But I live here now.
Mostly I just like making juvenile, low brow insults that add little value to the conversation.

Frazod
08-20-2009, 12:15 PM

Negative. He's all yours.

kepp
08-20-2009, 12:21 PM

Didn't we decide a few threads ago to give him to the nubs?

Lzen
08-20-2009, 01:31 PM
No, CoMo is YOURS.

You keep telling yourself that. ROFL If a guy gives money to the program by attending games, defends the program on a forum while talking negatively about the other, and wears said program's clothing, then that makes him a fan in my book.

Lzen
08-20-2009, 01:31 PM
I really don't have a rooting interest. I grew up in Western NY and went to University of Buffalo. But I live here now.
Mostly I just like making juvenile, low brow insults that add little value to the conversation.

Everyone has their role.

Lzen
08-20-2009, 01:32 PM
Didn't we decide a few threads ago to give him to the nubs?

I wish we could. I doubt that they would take him.

blaise
08-20-2009, 01:32 PM
Everyone has their role.

That's true. Magino usually has a dozen rolls though.

Alphaman
08-20-2009, 01:39 PM
Nebraska and KU both have some question marks. But I think without knowing how those question marks will play out, you could rank them at #1 and #2 in the North at this point. It doesn't really matter which one you place at #1 and which you place at #2.

Need you to explain the Nebraska thing. They lost their starting QB from last year and their top WR. They return a great DT, but their overall defense was slow last year and alot of those guys are back.

How was it determined that they have a load of talent this year?

Lzen
08-20-2009, 01:41 PM
Need you to explain the Nebraska thing. They lost their starting QB from last year and their top WR. They return a great DT, but their overall defense was slow last year and alot of those guys are back.

I keep hearing about their great offensive and defensive lines and their running backs. And Pelini is supposed to be some defensive genius. That is how their fans and the so called experts that predict them to win the North justify their #1 in the North preseason predictions.

Frazod
08-20-2009, 02:12 PM
You keep telling yourself that. ROFL If a guy gives money to the program by attending games, defends the program on a forum while talking negatively about the other, and wears said program's clothing, then that makes him a fan in my book.

Nope. He's a beaker. And GonzoRox is 100% yours. And the other guy doesn't give a shit about either team.

Your entire premise is full of FAIL. :)

Pitt Gorilla
08-20-2009, 02:27 PM
As a Mizzou fan, I don't see why Nebraska is predicted to finish ahead of the Tigers. I personally think KU should be the favorite. They have problems on defense and some problems on the O-line, but they have a great QB and he has some good targets to throw to. What advantages does Nebraska have over MU? Nebraska probably will have a better D-line because of Suh, but that is about it.I would pick KU to be the favorite, with MU and NU close behind. Regarding the D lines, MU's should be very good. The second tackle spot is a question (I would have liked Richardson, Phillips, or Foster to compete), but Baston and the 3 headed monster at DE will be outstanding. Aldon Smith is unreal.

Lzen
08-20-2009, 02:39 PM
Nope. He's a beaker. And GonzoRox is 100% yours. And the other guy doesn't give a shit about either team.

Your entire premise is full of FAIL. :)

I did not notice PostRock's message under his handle until you said something about GonzoRox.
But as far as CoMo, you're like a kid sticking his fingers in his ears and saying Naaa naaa naaaa.....I can't hear you......naaa naaaa naaaaaa.

Pitt Gorilla
08-20-2009, 02:44 PM
You keep telling yourself that. ROFL If a guy gives money to the program by attending games, defends the program on a forum while talking negatively about the other, and wears said program's clothing, then that makes him a fan in my book.Are you referring to the guy that puts down MU basketball whenever he gets the chance and is a professed Beaker basketball fan? That guy is an MU fan?

POND_OF_RED
08-20-2009, 03:00 PM

I can tell you that I know CoMo personally and I can guarantee that he owns more KU apparel. He bashes MU every time he gets the chance. He is definitely a KU fan. He just has no rooting interest in either football team but since he lives in Columbia he's obviously been to more games at Faurot field.

Frazod
08-20-2009, 03:06 PM
I can tell you that I know CoMo personally and I can guarantee that he owns more KU apparel. He bashes MU every time he gets the chance. He is definitely a KU fan. He just has no rooting interest in either football team but since he lives in Columbia he's obviously been to more games at Faurot field.

See? He's all yours, Lzen. :D

dirk digler
08-20-2009, 03:09 PM
Can I ask the Beaker fans a legit question? Why do all the KU football commercials talk about making history? I don't get that because they are going to lose 3-4 games so what is so historic about that?

Lzen
08-20-2009, 03:24 PM
Can I ask the Beaker fans a legit question? Why do all the KU football commercials talk about making history? I don't get that because they are going to lose 3-4 games so what is so historic about that?

It's a bit premature. Its great if they can pull it off. But if they don't, the commercials will look really dumb. The history part they are talking about would be winning North title, I believe.

dirk digler
08-20-2009, 03:27 PM
It's a bit premature. Its great if they can pull it off. But if they don't, the commercials will look really dumb. The history part they are talking about would be winning North title, I believe.

Thanks and I am not trying to start anything I was just curious. But when I think of historic I am thinking going undefeated and have a shot a the NC not winning the Big 12 North.

teedubya
08-20-2009, 03:28 PM
http://blog.nbc.com/frank/cupcake-blog5-17-07.jpg

The KUpcakes this year are MONSTERS!!!

Lzen
08-20-2009, 03:29 PM

I guess I just don't understand why, if you are a KU fan (hoops), would you ever attend a game at MU. I would never dream of attending a game at MU unless my Jayhawks were playing there. That's real head scratcher. And the fact that you said he owns more KU apparel rather than only KU apparel says a lot. Why does he go to MU football games and own MU apparel? Sounds like a fan to me.

Lzen
08-20-2009, 03:30 PM
Thanks and I am not trying to start anything I was just curious. But when I think of historic I am thinking going undefeated and have a shot a the NC not winning the Big 12 North.

Yes, I understood that you weren't being a jackhole. I think the campaign is kind of dumb. But if they pull it off, who cares?

dirk digler
08-20-2009, 03:35 PM
Yes, I understood that you weren't being a jackhole. I think the campaign is kind of dumb. But if they pull it off, who cares?

If they do congrats to KU but if they don't they look silly.

Frazod
08-20-2009, 03:44 PM
I guess I just don't understand why, if you are a KU fan (hoops), would you ever attend a game at MU. I would never dream of attending a game at MU unless my Jayhawks were playing there. That's real head scratcher. And the fact that you said he owns more KU apparel rather than only KU apparel says a lot. Why does he go to MU football games and own MU apparel? Sounds like a fan to me.

Nothing wrong with going to a game just to go. I've been to Wrigley several times when the Cardinals weren't playing, for example.

I always root against the Cubs, though.

sedated
08-20-2009, 03:52 PM

(if they win the North) they would be in the Big 12 Championship for the first time. That's what I assumed they meant.

beer bacon
08-20-2009, 05:55 PM

Sounds to me like the guy should be seeing a shrink.

Bugeater
08-20-2009, 06:07 PM

Because of our tradition, dumbass.

Skip Towne
08-20-2009, 06:14 PM

I thought everybody knew that.

Pablo
08-20-2009, 06:16 PM
I don't know who blaise likes, but I doubt he is a KU fan. And we know the CoMo is a KU hoops fan, but that he attended MU football games and tends to talk negatively about KU football. So, I would put him on your side for football. I know, I know, neither of us want him. :doh!:Not sure about PostRock.Oh, I'm definitely a KU fan through and through. Just parroting what I expected to become a thread full of Mangino fat jokes and pictures of him holding fried chicken and such.

Bugeater
08-20-2009, 06:19 PM
Oh, I'm definitely a KU fan through and through. Just parroting what I expected to become a thread full of Mangino fat jokes and pictures of him holding fried chicken and such.
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j141/ECKoolAid/lolsports/sorry-but-no.jpg

Frazod
08-20-2009, 06:35 PM

LMAO