PDA

View Full Version : Football Marshall still upset with Broncos and their offseason of FAIL

Hammock Parties
08-19-2009, 02:51 PM
http://gazettebroncos.freedomblogging.com/2009/08/19/marshall-still-upset-with-broncos/1103/

After basically disengaging himself from practice by standing with the defensive players on the sideline and not taking any normal repetitions during 11-on-11 drills (he said it is because he is "not close" to learning the playbook), Broncos receiver Brandon Marshall reiterated he is not happy with the team. He was asked if there were irreconcilable differences with the team.

"Unfortunately, sometimes it gets to that point," Marshall said. "There are trust issues on both sides. It’s understandable. We’ve got to try our best to move forward."

He said he was starting to work past his issues with the team, but he was upset on Friday when he said a public-relations staffer told Broncos players not to act too happy for Marshall after he was found not guilty of a misdemeanor battery charge in Atlanta.

"I think the biggest thing was, it was really disappointing hearing that some of my teammates on one of the best days of ... for the past three years, of my life, some of my teammates were coached to say ‘Don’t say you’re happy for Brandon,'" Marshall said.

"That situation, we feel like we've tried to handle it the best we could after something like that came out, but trying to get everyone's mind back on football," Broncos coach Josh McDaniels said.

Marshall said he has not asked the Broncos for a raise. Marshall's agent Kennard McGuire was at Broncos facilities on Monday.

"From day one I’ve never asked the Broncos for more money, and that’s from the summertime," Marshall said.

Marshall wouldn't say he asked again for a trade but said Broncos owner Pat Bowlen said back in June he would try to trade him.

"In that meeting with ownership, it was told to me they’ll do their best to accommodate me with that wish," Marshall said. "And I’m still here. I’m a Bronco and all I can do now is do my best to get in my best football shape and be that player I was the past three years."

Marshall wouldn't say whether he would want to sign a long-term extension with the Broncos. He was then asked if he wanted to be with the team in the future.

"You know, I’m here now," Marshall said. "And I love playing football, that’s what makes me happy. It’s hard to come out here and be disgruntled when you love what you do, and I love what I do."

Quesadilla Joe
08-19-2009, 02:55 PM
If you listen to the actual interview Marshall didn't really sound that upset. The media was absolutely grilling him with a bunch of tough questions. If he doesn't get traded he will play out of his mind this year.

This is his contract year afterall.:D

SenselessChiefsFan
08-19-2009, 03:02 PM
At some point, all of the chaos surrounding the Broncos will cease to be a detrement and begin to become a rallying point for the team.

At this point, I wish that the media would leave them alone to fester among themselsves. The more the media presses the issues, the more the team can blame the media instead of blaming Bowlen and McDumbass.

chiefforlife
08-19-2009, 03:03 PM
He really has no choice but to have an amazing year. If its a new contract or a trade he HAS to have a great season.

wasi
08-19-2009, 03:04 PM
http://gazettebroncos.freedomblogging.com/2009/08/19/marshall-still-upset-with-broncos/1103/

IMO, This whole situation is shows the inexperience and troubles in the Denver organization. While the circumstance don't mirror the Cutler situation, the general situation is the same ie a player is upset with the way they are being treated.

I'm refering to the apparent double standard the GM and HC are displaying with regards to the Marshall situation. Cutler was promptly traded, so I wonder why they aren't trading Marshall? Part of it could be compensation, but I think it has more to do with perception. I think the GM and HC know that trading Marshall would amount to career suicide at this stage.

teedubya
08-19-2009, 03:10 PM
I guess this happens when you hire a punk kid to be your Head Coach.

KCUnited
08-19-2009, 03:11 PM
Those player quotes wouldn't even get made to KC media. McDanielson needs to reign down a little Patriot Way to Marsha for spewing that garbage.

DaFace
08-19-2009, 03:12 PM
I wonder if Brandon's just going to play half-assed the entire year and take his chances on his contract implications. He can't sit out without bringing on a clusterfuck, and the Broncos don't seem to be willing to pay him, so he seems to be kind of going through the motions.

Mr. Arrowhead
08-19-2009, 03:16 PM
If you listen to the actual interview Marshall didn't really sound that upset. The media was absolutely grilling him with a bunch of tough questions. If he doesn't get traded he will play out of his mind this year.

Jesus do you make an excuse for everything your donkeys go through

Buehler445
08-19-2009, 03:19 PM
I wonder if Brandon's just going to play half-assed the entire year and take his chances on his contract implications. He can't sit out without bringing on a clusterfuck, and the Broncos don't seem to be willing to pay him, so he seems to be kind of going through the motions.

I really hope someone makes a blockbuster trade for hima and then they blow the pick moving up for an undersized CB. Wait....
Posted via Mobile Device

DaFace
08-19-2009, 03:22 PM
Jesus do you make an excuse for everything your donkeys go through

Yes.

Mile High Mania
08-19-2009, 03:23 PM
I guess this happens when you hire a punk kid to be your Head Coach.

I think that's incorrect... if Brandon Marshall did not have the off the field issues, I believe he would have his new deal. Brandon has earned it and after the Cutler thing, giving Marshall a new deal would have been great to help the healing for the team and the fans.

Unfortunately... the guy has mutliple issues and is 1 mishap away from being suspended. So, to blame this on the coach is silly to me.

If Brandon wants to find someone to blame... give the guy a mirror.

Mile High Mania
08-19-2009, 03:26 PM
I really hope someone makes a blockbuster trade for hima and then they blow the pick moving up for an undersized CB. Wait....
Posted via Mobile Device

Smith is the same size as Brandon Flowers... the guy KC took at 35th overall last year in R2. Sure, giving up next years R1 to get Smith this year at 37th overall could be a risk, but if he turns out to be a great starter... they win.

Buehler445
08-19-2009, 03:30 PM
Smith is the same size as Brandon Flowers... the guy KC took at 35th overall last year in R2. Sure, giving up next years R1 to get Smith this year at 37th overall could be a risk, but if he turns out to be a great starter... they win.

A first and a second for a solid starter=win? :spock

The dude would have to be a bamf for a long long time to net a first AND second value. Especially with the ass that is your defensive front.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mile High Mania
08-19-2009, 03:31 PM

The dude would have to be a bamf for a long long time to net a first AND second value. Especially with the ass that is your defensive front.
Posted via Mobile Device

The entire draft process is a gamble... there are very few sure things.

wild1
08-19-2009, 03:34 PM
I think that's incorrect... if Brandon Marshall did not have the off the field issues, I believe he would have his new deal.

So the GM has labeled him "a young man at risk" and wants him to prove it first... that worked out very well for the Chiefs :doh!: :D

thecoffeeguy
08-19-2009, 03:36 PM

Just keep telling yourself that and everything will be ok.

ClevelandBronco
08-19-2009, 03:38 PM
Good quick catch of yeoman's veer, DaFace.

orange
08-19-2009, 03:38 PM
So the GM has labeled him "a young man at risk" and wants him to prove it first... that worked out very well for the Chiefs :doh!: :D

If Marshall has the kind of season the Chiefs' "young man at risk" had and inflates his value, I'll be there to open the cab door at the airport on his way out of town.

Mile High Mania
08-19-2009, 03:42 PM

Brandon's actions gave him that tag.

Tiger's Fan
08-19-2009, 03:49 PM

I think Marshall, and anyone thats not a blind donkey fan know it's not likely that he'll put up any impressive #'s with your teams VERY questionable QBing.

DaFace
08-19-2009, 03:52 PM
Good quick catch of yeoman's veer, DaFace.

He's pretty easy to spot these days.

Mile High Mania
08-19-2009, 03:52 PM
I think Marshall, and anyone thats not a blind donkey fan know it's not likely that he'll put up any impressive #'s with your teams VERY questionable QBing.

Once the players are more comfortable with the system, I think they'll be fine. Orton has the ability to be a good starting QB, he won't be top 10, but that's fine. The talent on offense is great... it's really great if Brandon would quit being a whiner.

Orton didn't look stellar in the first preseason game, but this is the time to work out those issues... this is why they have the training camps, preseason games and all of that.

Offensively, they can still be very productive... they're in the learning curve now.

HemiEd
08-19-2009, 03:53 PM
Well at least he has learned part of the play book, what do you guys expect?

Just Passin' By
08-19-2009, 03:57 PM
Once the players are more comfortable with the system, I think they'll be fine. Orton has the ability to be a good starting QB, he won't be top 10, but that's fine. The talent on offense is great... it's really great if Brandon would quit being a whiner.

Orton didn't look stellar in the first preseason game, but this is the time to work out those issues... this is why they have the training camps, preseason games and all of that.

Offensively, they can still be very productive... they're in the learning curve now.

Orton looked great on that first drive, right up until he made that terrible decision that led to the interception in the endzone. After that, he wasn't really the same. I don't know if that was coincidence or confidence, but I'd imagine that it's something McDaniels is trying to handle quietly either way.

Skip Towne
08-19-2009, 03:59 PM
He's pretty easy to spot these days.

Marlboro Chief?

Halfcan
08-19-2009, 04:07 PM

he is trade bait

Halfcan
08-19-2009, 04:08 PM
At some point, all of the chaos surrounding the Broncos will cease to be a detrement and begin to become a rallying point for the team.

At this point, I wish that the media would leave them alone to fester among themselsves. The more the media presses the issues, the more the team can blame the media instead of blaming Bowlen and McDumbass.

I disagree-I LOVE reading bad stuff about the stoopid Cheatin donks on a dailey basis.

Halfcan
08-19-2009, 04:10 PM

What exactly does "Rock Chalk" mean??

ClevelandBronco
08-19-2009, 04:20 PM
Marlboro Chief?

Yep.

SenselessChiefsFan
08-19-2009, 04:21 PM
I disagree-I LOVE reading bad stuff about the stoopid Cheatin donks on a dailey basis.

Don't get me wrong.... I chuckle daily... I just worry. Adversity will either destroy you or make you indestructible.

I know that over the last five years, I have grown as a man and as a Christian due to the adversity that I have faced. I am much stronger today than I was then.

I want the Broncos as weak as possible.

orange
08-19-2009, 04:33 PM

Just look at how Bowe and Gonzalez sucked with Thigpen throwing to them.

Halfcan
08-19-2009, 04:46 PM
Don't get me wrong.... I chuckle daily... I just worry. Adversity will either destroy you or make you indestructible.

I know that over the last five years, I have grown as a man and as a Christian due to the adversity that I have faced. I am much stronger today than I was then.

I want the Broncos as weak as possible.

Oh I understand what you are saying-my reading comprehension is fine-lol

but I think the media pressure is a constant distraction for this team-and I hope it continues all season.

SenselessChiefsFan
08-19-2009, 04:47 PM
Oh I understand what you are saying-my reading comprehension is fine-lol

but I think the media pressure is a constant distraction for this team-and I hope it continues all season.

Well, I imagine it will continue all season, so I hope you are right.

Halfcan
08-19-2009, 04:57 PM
Well, I imagine it will continue all season, so I hope you are right.

I always am. :)

Valiant
08-19-2009, 05:04 PM
I think that's incorrect... if Brandon Marshall did not have the off the field issues, I believe he would have his new deal. Brandon has earned it and after the Cutler thing, giving Marshall a new deal would have been great to help the healing for the team and the fans.

Unfortunately... the guy has mutliple issues and is 1 mishap away from being suspended. So, to blame this on the coach is silly to me.

If Brandon wants to find someone to blame... give the guy a mirror.

Seem to know a team in the midwest that had that problem two years ago.. Wonder who that was..

SenselessChiefsFan
08-19-2009, 05:28 PM
I always am. :)

Well, then I will have to make a note not to argue with you because I hate when I'm wrong....

Halfcan
08-19-2009, 05:30 PM
Well, then I will have to make a note not to argue with you because I hate when I'm wrong....

lol

Only 3 things I am Never wrong about- Rush-the greatest band ever, Brett Favre-Greatest QB ever and DT the Greatest LB ever-lol :)

when it comes to women-I seem to be wrong about EVERYTHING-I cant understand their thinking at all.

MagicHef
08-19-2009, 05:40 PM

Posted via Mobile Device

Where do you get first and second from?

orange
08-19-2009, 05:59 PM

It's called the Buehler Effect. Like so:

Hey, I owe you two dollars and I'm ready to pay. But first, take this dollar bill and give me four quarters.

Thanks. Now take these four quarters.

Great. Now we're even... I gave you a dollar bill and four quarters. Two dollars. Voilà.

Quiet Storm
08-19-2009, 07:27 PM

When the Broncos are finally underway to their 4-12 season, and reality sets in, lets see if you will still be around here.

SAUTO
08-19-2009, 07:37 PM

well they traded a first (lost the 1st) for a second and spent the second on the CB so they used a 1st and a 2nd on the guy:doh!::D

Just Passin' By
08-19-2009, 07:44 PM
well they traded a first (lost the 1st) for a second and spent the second on the CB so they used a 1st and a 2nd on the guy:doh!::D

No

SAUTO
08-19-2009, 07:46 PM
No

the:doh!: smiley should have alerted you to my sarcasm

SAUTO
08-19-2009, 07:46 PM
the:D smiley was to buehler to assure him i was kiddin

Buehler445
08-19-2009, 07:48 PM
Fuck. I must be mistaken. What did they actually pay for their prized CB?

salame
08-19-2009, 07:48 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_1sfPG6PsAOQ/SjrIDdbwOYI/AAAAAAAAAS4/OwSgXadwpaA/s320/Cat+Bowlen-BMarsh.jpg

Just Passin' By
08-19-2009, 07:49 PM
the:D smiley was to buehler to assure him i was kiddin

My bad on the misread of the smileys....

SAUTO
08-19-2009, 07:49 PM
Fuck. I must be mistaken. What did they actually pay for their prized CB?

they traded a first for the 2nd that they used on him.

SAUTO
08-19-2009, 07:50 PM
My bad on the misread of the smileys....

cool:D

Buehler445
08-19-2009, 08:51 PM
they traded a first for the 2nd that they used on him.

Mah bad.

Quesadilla Joe
08-20-2009, 03:10 AM
http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=349&videoID=3410&type=broncosTV&year=&month=

Mile High Mania
08-20-2009, 04:20 AM
Hell, I'm fine with anything that happens at this point... I can't believe the way he's acted, such a li'l whiner. I like how he says in a recent article that "he's never asked for more money", but "he's unhappy with his contract".

Crazy... at least we know he's a team player.

J Diddy
08-20-2009, 04:36 AM
Hell, I'm fine with anything that happens at this point... I can't believe the way he's acted, such a li'l whiner. I like how he says in a recent article that "he's never asked for more money", but "he's unhappy with his contract".

Crazy... at least we know he's a team player.

MHM, in honor of your avatar

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/17I1wCzHX-k&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/17I1wCzHX-k&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>