PDA

View Full Version : Football Aquib Talib, stay classy

Sure-Oz
08-20-2009, 07:33 AM
Bucs CB Aqib Talib booked for multiple crimes

Bucs CB Aqib Talib was arrested at 1AM Thursday for simple battery and resisting arrest.

Both charges are misdemeanors, but we wouldn't be surprised to see the Bucs take in-house action. Talib was already involved in an offseason fight with a teammate, in which he struck fellow DB Torrie Cox with a helmet. This latest arrest happened just hours after the Bucs wrapped up training camp. Coaches almost always break camp with a speech on not getting into trouble. Apparently, Talib wasn't all ears during Raheem Morris'. Aug. 20 - 8:08 am et
Source: Tampa Tribune

What a dumbass...did he pull this kind of stuff at KU, i don't remember hearing anything.

Saulbadguy
08-20-2009, 07:35 AM
What a dumbass...did he pull this kind of stuff at KU, i don't remember hearing anything.
Nothing like that - just got caught smoking weed a few times.

kstater
08-20-2009, 07:38 AM
Is Talib the guy that got kicked out of Rookie Orientation, or was that a BB player?

Sure-Oz
08-20-2009, 07:41 AM
Is Talib the guy that got kicked out of Rookie Orientation, or was that a BB player?

I believe he was

sedated
08-20-2009, 07:43 AM

Chalmers and Arthur did, I believe.

Lzen
08-20-2009, 07:43 AM
No, that was Mario Chalmers. But Michael Beasley was there, as well. He just didn't get caught.

And Talib never really got into this kind of stuff at KU. Don't know what is going on with the guy.

Al Bundy
08-20-2009, 07:45 AM
Talib didn't get kicked out of his, but he got into a fight with another Buccaneer who was there. Talib should be suspended for 4 games by Raheem.

Stewie
08-20-2009, 07:46 AM
Chalmers and Arthur did, I believe.

While Michael Beasley hid in the closet.

Fat Elvis
08-20-2009, 07:58 AM
I thought Mangina just ate any witnesses....

mikeyis4dcats.
08-20-2009, 07:58 AM
Talib failed the piss test twice at KU....

Demonpenz
08-20-2009, 07:59 AM
I hold back cheering for college players in the NFL. Everyone around me is chearing for Maclin, but am are they really cheering for. Horray he was on campus and he was fast. He could be a bad guy who got paid to play for Mizzou.

Lzen
08-20-2009, 08:10 AM
...was jailed on charges of resisting arrest (http://www2.tbo.com/topic/k/resisting-arrest/) without violence and simple battery
http://www2.tbo.com/content/2009/aug/20/bucs-aqib-talib-charged-battery-resisting-arrest/news-breaking/

Resisting without violence does not sound all that bad to me. Could be simply saying "I'm not going anywhere (to jail) with you". But what is simple battery?

mikeyis4dcats.
08-20-2009, 08:14 AM
http://www2.tbo.com/content/2009/aug/20/bucs-aqib-talib-charged-battery-resisting-arrest/news-breaking/

Resisting without violence does not sound all that bad to me. Could be simply saying "I'm not going anywhere (to jail) with you". But what is simple battery?

battery without a weapon. fists, spitting, etc.

gblowfish
08-20-2009, 08:18 AM
Does that penalty come with an automatic first down?

Frazod
08-20-2009, 08:34 AM
I wonder if he dove at the guy's knee.

WilliamTheIrish
08-20-2009, 08:35 AM
He was cited for public intox in college also.

WilliamTheIrish
08-20-2009, 08:35 AM

How could anybody understand he was resisting? The guy has the verbal skillz of a tomato.

KChiefs1
08-20-2009, 08:36 AM
This is why several NFL teams were scared off by him.

Buehler445
08-20-2009, 08:43 AM

Funny. I didn't want him on the chiefs because he is slow and makes horrid decisions on the field.
Posted via Mobile Device

Lzen
08-20-2009, 08:46 AM
Funny. I didn't want him on the chiefs because he is slow and makes horrid decisions on the field.
Posted via Mobile Device

I didn't watch the Bucs but just looking at the stats, I would say that 4 ints in his rookie season is pretty good. Especially considering he wasn't the starter.

CoMoChief
08-20-2009, 09:07 AM
I will say this. KU athletes LOOOOOOVE smoking pot.

Smoked once with Boschee back in the day when his g/f used to live across the hall from one of my best friends apt. Baymont Apts, Bayview, Baypoint? I dunno what they were called, there located off of Iowa St.

Buehler445
08-20-2009, 09:16 AM
I didn't watch the Bucs but just looking at the stats, I would say that 4 ints in his rookie season is pretty good. Especially considering he wasn't the starter.

I watched him a lot his sr year at KU. He made a ton of plays for the hawks. A TON. And I loved it. But on the field, he would gamble and rely on his athletic ability to make a play on the ball. He would bite WAAAAY to hard on run fakes.

I thought he would get anhilated pros. And I was confident Herm was too dumb to make him better.

I'm probably wrong, like usual, but I thought he would have been a bad pick for the Chiefs.
Posted via Mobile Device

Brock
08-20-2009, 09:18 AM

Wow, you mean they're just like all the rest of college students nationwide? That's fascinating.

Saulbadguy
08-20-2009, 09:24 AM

Smoked once with Boschee back in the day when his g/f used to live across the hall from one of my best friends apt. Baymont Apts, Bayview, Baypoint? I dunno what they were called, there located off of Iowa St.

Erm...you must be mistaken.

ChiefMojo
08-20-2009, 09:44 AM
Aqib has always had immaturity issues. He is a nice and fun guy to be around from what I have been told, but he is just doesn't think. I wouldn't say he is thuggish by no means, but he is damn cocky for sure.

Probably be some type of punishment in-house on this one, but he needs to wake up and quit acting like a 5-year old.

HC_Chief
08-20-2009, 09:49 AM
Spoiled, immature brat. Hell of a player, and always given a pass because of it.

Chiefnj2
08-20-2009, 10:12 AM
Pacman junior.

Lzen
08-20-2009, 10:17 AM
I watched him a lot his sr year at KU. He made a ton of plays for the hawks. A TON. And I loved it. But on the field, he would gamble and rely on his athletic ability to make a play on the ball. He would bite WAAAAY to hard on run fakes.

I thought he would get anhilated pros. And I was confident Herm was too dumb to make him better.

I'm probably wrong, like usual, but I thought he would have been a bad pick for the Chiefs.
Posted via Mobile Device

You must be thinking of his jr. year because he declared early. But you are right in that he gambled and relied on his athletic ability. But isn't that what a lot of good CBs do?

In any case, I thought his speed would be an issue in the pros. I thought a cover 2 defense would be the best place for him. Seems to be working out alright so far.

Now he just needs to get his head screwed on straight or NFL for him will mean Not For Long.

Sure-Oz
08-20-2009, 10:25 AM
I thought it was cause he was slow and how he turned his hips

Buehler445
08-20-2009, 10:29 AM
You must be thinking of his jr. year because he declared early. But you are right in that he gambled and relied on his athletic ability. But isn't that what a lot of good CBs do?

In any case, I thought his speed would be an issue in the pros. I thought a cover 2 defense would be the best place for him. Seems to be working out alright so far.

Now he just needs to get his head screwed on straight or NFL for him will mean Not For Long.

Goddamn it. I forgot he declared early. I must have taken my dumbass pill instead of my antihistamine this morning.

I thought that the chances he took, particularly in play action would get him in trouble in the pros. Combine that with Herm's dumbfuckery coaching, it looked to be a bad fit here.

We'll see how he plays outside of Cover 2. Aren't the Bucs going a different direction now that Kiffin is gone?
Posted via Mobile Device

Buehler445
08-20-2009, 10:30 AM
And yes, he does need to quit being a fucktard.
Posted via Mobile Device

LaChapelle
10-22-2009, 05:49 PM
Talib to be Charged with Battery (source ?)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tampa Bay second-year cornerback Aqib Talib is facing a possible suspension from the National Football League after the state attorney's office filed misdemeanor battery charges against him Thursday, according to several reports.

The charges against Talib step from an alleged incident that occurred just over two months ago when Talib allegedly struck cab driver David Duggan on Interstate 275 in Pinellas County the night Tampa Bay's training camp broke.

Talib, a 2008 first-round draft pick out of Kansas, is expected to make the trip to London with the Bucs on Friday and play against the New England Patriots on Sunday.

"We were made aware the charges were going to be filed today and we will continue to monitor the situation and let the legal system run its course," Bucs director of public relations Jeff Kamis said in a statement.

Talib, who leads the Bucs defense with three interceptions, has been involved in other altercations during his two-year NFL career.

In the spring of 2008, Talib allegedly was involved in a fight with former teammate, running back Cory Boyd, at the NFL Rookie Symposium.

Just six months ago, Talib injured his teammate, Bucs cornerback Torrie Cox, after swinging his helmet at left tackle Donald Penn, whom he had gotten in a skirmish with on the practice field.

Bucs general manager Mark Dominik and head coach Raheem Morris have stated since Talib was arrested on Aug. 19 that Tampa Bay planned to work with the league office to determine the cornerback's punishment in terms of a possible fine and/or suspension.

Easy 6
10-22-2009, 06:49 PM

Wow...kicked out on the first day of school?, how big of a dumbf*** must you be to somehow pick a fight in that situation?

This guy was finished before he started...

Rausch
10-22-2009, 06:57 PM
The legacy of Eddie Freeman lives on !1oneOHone1!

Buehler445
10-22-2009, 07:05 PM
I'm glad he kept his nose clean at KU. I tried to tell you guys he was dumb.

Skip Towne
10-22-2009, 07:06 PM
Ah, the kid is just high spirited.

boogblaster
10-22-2009, 07:34 PM
Beat em if u can ...

Mr. Arrowhead
10-22-2009, 07:58 PM
ROFL, the university of KU is slowly becoming College Basketball version of the Cincinnati Bengals.

GoHuge
10-22-2009, 08:14 PM
I still don't understand how people go through life constantly in trouble. Every person here except maybe Reiko would be perfectly happy to be able to play football for millions of dollars. Only thing you have to do is keep your nose clean and work hard. Why is that so fucking difficult for some people? I guess if your not a person that has tendencies towards bashing your teammate in the head with a helmet you just won't be able to relate.

BWillie
10-22-2009, 08:48 PM
Ah, the kid is just high spirited.

Ain't homerism great?

:)

Skip Towne
10-22-2009, 08:51 PM
Ain't homerism great?

:)

He may be a dick but he's OUR dick.

ChiTown
10-22-2009, 08:53 PM
I'm glad he kept his nose clean at KU. I tried to tell you guys he was dumb.

ROFL

Red Coater
10-22-2009, 08:54 PM
Bucs CB Aqib Talib booked for multiple crimes

Bucs CB Aqib Talib was arrested at 1AM Thursday for simple battery and resisting arrest.

Both charges are misdemeanors, but we wouldn't be surprised to see the Bucs take in-house action. Talib was already involved in an offseason fight with a teammate, in which he struck fellow DB Torrie Cox with a helmet. This latest arrest happened just hours after the Bucs wrapped up training camp. Coaches almost always break camp with a speech on not getting into trouble. Apparently, Talib wasn't all ears during Raheem Morris'. Aug. 20 - 8:08 am et
Source: Tampa Tribune

Is he any good?

salame
10-22-2009, 09:12 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5loZge3937E&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5loZge3937E&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

mikey23545
10-22-2009, 11:32 PM
I still don't understand how people go through life constantly in trouble. Every person here except maybe Reiko would be perfectly happy to be able to play football for millions of dollars.

Reiko says "Why play football for millions of dollars when you can suck dicks for $5 a pop instead?"

LaChapelle
10-31-2009, 01:44 PM
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on October 31, 2009 2:49 PM ET

It hasn't been a great week for WDAE in Tampa, but the radio station continues to try to break explosive news about the hometown Buccaneers.

Steve Duemig of the station alleges that some Bucs significantly broke curfew while in London, including cornerback Aqib Talib. That's not a shocker.

More worrisome for the team is that coach Raheem Morris reportedly confronted the players in the hotel lobby when they returned, and Talib reportedly responded with a string of F-bombs directed at his coach.

Duemig's report came on Friday, and the Bucs haven't address the allegations. It's worth noting that both Tampa daily newspapers didn't mention the report. Talib started at cornerback against the Patriots.

Talib is scheduled to be arraigned in his midemeanor battery charge is on Nov. 9. He's filed a written plea of "not guilty."

Reerun_KC
10-31-2009, 02:00 PM
Moron.....

Bwana
10-31-2009, 02:06 PM

It hasn't been a great week for WDAE in Tampa, but the radio station continues to try to break explosive news about the hometown Buccaneers.

Steve Duemig of the station alleges that some Bucs significantly broke curfew while in London, including cornerback Aqib Talib. That's not a shocker.

More worrisome for the team is that coach Raheem Morris reportedly confronted the players in the hotel lobby when they returned, and Talib reportedly responded with a string of F-bombs directed at his coach.

Duemig's report came on Friday, and the Bucs haven't address the allegations. It's worth noting that both Tampa daily newspapers didn't mention the report. Talib started at cornerback against the Patriots.

Talib is scheduled to be arraigned in his midemeanor battery charge is on Nov. 9. He's filed a written plea of "not guilty."

Wow, this guy sounds like a real tool. Perhaps he and LJ can hook up, smoke some rock and go work over some chicks?

http://www.enterprisemobilitymatters.com/.a/6a00e008d27b938834011168451929970c-800wi

http://blogs.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/bitchslap-thumb.jpg

Sure-Oz
10-31-2009, 02:07 PM
Aquib is such a douche

Fritz88
10-31-2009, 02:10 PM

How did Mangino put him on a tight leash? I have no idea.

Sure-Oz
10-31-2009, 02:14 PM
How did Mangino put him on a tight leash? I have no idea.

Threatened to eat his family

mikeyis4dcats.
10-31-2009, 02:16 PM
they won't do a thing about it....they need him too much.

Reerun_KC
10-31-2009, 02:18 PM
they won't do a thing about it....they need him too much.
Did that happen with a KSU QB and a Bowl game against OSU a few years back.... IF I recall he played in that game... They needed him to much...

mikeyis4dcats.
10-31-2009, 02:22 PM
Did that happen with a KSU QB and a Bowl game against OSU a few years back.... IF I recall he played in that game... They needed him to much...

if you cared enough to know the facts, he missed the first half due to curfew violation, and it likely cost us the win. It was Ell's only trangression.

How many times has Talib been in trouble both at KU and TB?

And a curfew violation is a far different thing than multiple drug test failures, arrests for violence, and fighting your teammates and cursing out your coach.

Not to mention the whole being falsely accused of rape and having your name forever sullied probably was more than adequate punishment for violating curfew.

Reerun_KC
10-31-2009, 02:27 PM
if you cared enough to know the facts, he missed the first half due to curfew violation, and it likely cost us the win. It was Ell's only trangression.

How many times has Talib been in trouble both at KU and TB?

And a curfew violation is a far different thing than multiple drug test failures, arrests for violence, and fighting your teammates and cursing out your coach.

Not to mention the whole being falsely accused of rape and having your name forever sullied probably was more than adequate punishment for violating curfew.

Hey KU has the ball back!