PDA

View Full Version : Football Plax get 2 years

The Poz
08-20-2009, 08:35 AM
http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/08/20/burress-expected-to-plead-guilty-in-weapons-case/?partner=rss&emc=rss

Burress Pleads Guilty in Weapons Case

Updated, 10:16 a.m. | Plaxico Burress, the former Giants receiver, pleaded guilty on Thursday morning in his weapons-possession case in a deal with Manhattan prosecutors that will send him to prison for two years.

Justice Michael H. Melkonian of State Supreme Court accepted the guilty plea. Along with the two-year prison sentence, Mr. Burress, 31, will be sentenced to two years of post-release supervision.

Mr. Burress was indicted earlier this month on charges relating to an episode in November 2008, when he accidentally shot himself in the thigh in a Manhattan nightclub. The Giants released him in April without waiting for the outcome of the criminal proceedings.

If the case were to go to trial and Mr. Burress were convicted of all charges — two counts of second-degree criminal possession of a weapon and one count of second-degree reckless endangerment — he could face 3˝ to 15 years in prison. The plea agreement still needs the approval of a State Supreme Court justice.

The shooting occurred shortly after 1:30 a.m. on Nov. 29 at the Latin Quarter Nightclub in Midtown. Security guards had allowed Mr. Burress to enter with a .40-caliber Glock semiautomatic pistol tucked in the waistband of his jeans. The gun was loaded and not in a holster, according to prosecutors.

Mr. Burress, who caught the winning touchdown pass in the Giants’ 2008 Super Bowl victory against the New England Patriots, had a license to carry the gun in Florida, but it had expired nearly seven months before the shooting. Even if it were still valid, prosecutors said, Mr. Burress would not have been allowed to carry the weapon in New York.

Shortly after Mr. Burress reached the second-floor V.I.P. area, where there were 20 to 30 people, the gun slipped down his pant leg and accidentally fired as he attempted to prevent it from falling to the floor. The bullet hit Mr. Burress’s leg and narrowly missed a club security guard.

A grand jury decided not to indict Antonio Pierce, a Giants linebacker who was with Mr. Burress in the nightclub and drove him to a hospital.

the Talking Can
08-20-2009, 08:37 AM
ouch

Demonpenz
08-20-2009, 08:38 AM
I remember when he got up from making a catch without being touched and spiked the football (twice) because he didn't know the college rules from the nfl rules. Not a bright dude

dpg4zombie
08-20-2009, 08:39 AM
Damn! Thats harsh. So he's getting the same amount of time that vick did and he only shot himself.

Otter
08-20-2009, 08:40 AM
I remember when he got up from making a catch without being touched and spiked the football (twice) because he didn't know the college rules from the nfl rules. Not a bright dude

I'm pretty sure if he couldn't catch a ball he'd either be saying "do you want fries with that" or selling pencils from a cup on the street corner.

Wonderlic scores quote "Tom Brady (http://nyg.scout.com/a.z?s=64&p=8&c=1&nid=1150821) (33) and Ricky Williams (http://nyg.scout.com/a.z?s=64&p=8&c=1&nid=1150802) (30) both scored pretty well on the test, while New Giants receiver Plaxico Burress (http://nyg.scout.com/a.z?s=64&p=8&c=1&nid=1832218) posted only a 15.."

Stinger
08-20-2009, 08:41 AM
The raiders will have his number on speed dial since he now fits the profile.

Demonpenz
I hope he learns something in prison other than getting sex in the ass. Mayb take some college courses.

Phobia
Sure hope dude put some money back because I don't see him getting signed in 2 years.

CoMoChief
08-20-2009, 08:42 AM
Didn't he NOT take the plea bargain....which was a lesser charge if I'm not mistaken.

I havent been following his case that much.

Param
08-20-2009, 08:43 AM
2 years for shooting yourself in the leg at a club. 30 days for driving drunk & killing someone. hmmmmm

WilliamTheIrish
08-20-2009, 08:44 AM
That sentence is ridiculous.

Sofa King
08-20-2009, 08:44 AM
vick got what a year and a half? plax gets 2 years for shooting himself......

is it just me or have there been ALOT of NFL players in jail the last 5 years...

Sofa King
08-20-2009, 08:46 AM
2 years for shooting yourself in the leg at a club. 30 days for driving drunk & killing someone. hmmmmm

that's because plax didn't have anyone to pay off for the deal, he couldnt exactly give himself a ton of money... at least stallworth could buy his freedom.. :rolleyes:

american justice system needs some major tweeks.

Brock
08-20-2009, 08:47 AM
That's fucked up.

The Poz
08-20-2009, 08:47 AM
Sure hope dude put some money back because I don't see him getting signed in 2 years.

Too bad for Plax the UFL will be tits up by then. Maybe the CFL will give him a look.

ChiefsOne
08-20-2009, 08:48 AM
Good for him, dumbass thug wannabe has no business toting a gun to the club!

Rain Man
08-20-2009, 08:48 AM
In all seriousness, can someone more in touch than me explain why he had the gun? As an NFL player, is there a serious danger he was concerned about? Or was it something that he thought would impress the chicks? Is there any way he could've carried the gun legally, like with a permit or something?

And why no holster? Why was it tucked in the waistband of his pants? That seems like you're just asking to shoot your genitals off.

It seems like a long sentence for the crime, but at the same time I don't want to be in a public place with a guy with a gun hidden in his pants.

wild1
08-20-2009, 08:51 AM
it's New York. Decades of paranoia led to gun crimes being placed above nearly every other crime.

Rain Man
08-20-2009, 08:56 AM
it's New York.

Oh. Okay. So it's the risk of encountering a Trump or a Steinbrenner in the wild.

wild1
08-20-2009, 08:59 AM
Oh. Okay. So it's the risk of encountering a Trump or a Steinbrenner in the wild.

You'd be surprised how many people have died over an undercooked knish.

Molitoth
08-20-2009, 09:05 AM
Wow Harsh. Our judicial system is complete crap.

Plax got the shaft.

Abba-Dabba
08-20-2009, 09:05 AM
Wonderlic scores quote "Tom Brady (http://nyg.scout.com/a.z?s=64&p=8&c=1&nid=1150821) (33) and Ricky Williams (http://nyg.scout.com/a.z?s=64&p=8&c=1&nid=1150802) (30) both scored pretty well on the test, while New Giants receiver Plaxico Burress (http://nyg.scout.com/a.z?s=64&p=8&c=1&nid=1832218) posted only a 15.."

15 is fairly average for a WR. 17 is the avg. for WR's. Andre Johnson-14. Brandon Marshall-13.

It doesn't take a brain surgeon to catch a football, or throw one for that matter. Dan Marino scored a 16, Donovan McNabb scored a 14

Molitoth
08-20-2009, 09:07 AM
Ricky Williams (30)

Pot is sooooo bad for us... see how dumb it made Ricky?

blaise
08-20-2009, 09:09 AM
If you're living in the NYC area and going in and out of the city and you don't know and obey the gun laws then you're a jackass idiot.
Everyone in NY knows there's strict gun laws there.

DJ's left nut
08-20-2009, 09:15 AM
You punish the conduct, not the result.

That bullet could've just as easily smoked some chick at a bar.

Stallworth getting a BS plea deal shouldn't have any bearing whatsoever on Burress's sentence. Stallworth and Little should've spent a solid decade in the can, IMO.

Plex deserves his 2 years. After all that posturing he did, I'd have pulled the plea off the table if I were the DA.

Chief Chief
08-20-2009, 09:15 AM
Plax got the shaft.

Just as well since he'll be getting alot of 'em in the hoosegow!

wutamess
08-20-2009, 09:23 AM
In all seriousness, can someone more in touch than me explain why he had the gun? As an NFL player, is there a serious danger he was concerned about? Or was it something that he thought would impress the chicks? Is there any way he could've carried the gun legally, like with a permit or something?

And why no holster? Why was it tucked in the waistband of his pants? That seems like you're just asking to shoot your genitals off.

It seems like a long sentence for the crime, but at the same time I don't want to be in a public place with a guy with a gun hidden in his pants.

Please tell me you're not that naive?
Hell you have a nice car around Kansas City and you have a good chance of being car jacked. Add to the fact that stars are known to carry wads of cash you don't think they need some type of protection?

This isn't Dorothyland... It's New York night scene.

Mr. Flopnuts
08-20-2009, 09:24 AM

Exactly.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-20-2009, 09:24 AM
The fans in NY were telling me about the mandatory sentences for gun laws there and I didn't believe it would go down like this.

Damned if it didn't.

stumppy
08-20-2009, 09:25 AM
Didn't he NOT take the plea bargain....which was a lesser charge if I'm not mistaken.

I havent been following his case that much.

I think there was a deal on the table for him to do a few months time then a bunch of comm. serv. and he passed it up.

DTLB58
08-20-2009, 09:26 AM
If you're living in the NYC area and going in and out of the city and you don't know and obey the gun laws then you're a jackass idiot.
Everyone in NY knows there's strict gun laws there.

And if the didn't they do now. Maybe, just maybe, that was part of the D.A.'s plan here. Plax was bigger than any billboard ad he could find for this law.

KCUnited
Plax thought he was going to just settle with his thigh Stallworth style and actually wind up making a buck.

crazycoffey

exactly what I'm thinking....

stumppy
Hell you have a nice car around Kansas City and you have a good chance of being car jacked. Add to the fact that stars are known to carry wads of cash you don't think they need some type of protection?

Didn't he have a bodygaurd or two with him at the time ?

DTLB58
08-20-2009, 09:28 AM
I think there was a deal on the table for him to do a few months time then a bunch of comm. serv. and he passed it up.

Yep, they are saying 3 months jail time like 1500 community service and some other stuff.

Boy, he screwed up. :shake:

blaise
08-20-2009, 09:29 AM

Yeah it worked out pretty well for Plax.

Chief Pote
08-20-2009, 09:39 AM
Talk about rubbing salt in the wound......no pun intended.

Rain Man
08-20-2009, 09:47 AM

So you're saying it was completely about safety then?

Maybe I am naive, but I see a lot of nice cars in Denver that aren't being carjacked. I don't know a lot about New York. Was he going to rougher places in New York, or do you think carjackings are a lot more common there?

If it was truly about his personal safety, could he have gotten a permit? It seems like if your name is Plaxico Burress in New York in 2007, you've probably got some pull.

Brock
08-20-2009, 09:51 AM
The security argument doesn't hold water. He could hire around the clock bodyguards with a fraction of the money hes made. What he did was pretty stupid, and I'm sure Plaxico is pretty stupid. That doesn't change the fact that the punishment doesn't really fit the crime.

Mr. Krab
08-20-2009, 09:56 AM
Can you believe his Attorney originally had a plea deal negotiated for 3 months prison and 150 hours of community service and Burress turned it down?!?

Chiefnj2
08-20-2009, 10:00 AM

Why he had the gun? Probably protection.

Could he carry the gun legally? Not unless he was a NY resident. My understanding is that he does have permits to carry in Florida. They do no good in NY. In NY you can't have a handgun if you don't have a NY permit and the only way to get a NY permit is to be a NY resident and apply. There is no reciprocity.

Why no holster? Because he's dumb.

Stiff sentence? Yes. One of the NY papers had an article that in similar situations the plea bargain is often a lot less than what Plax got.

Chiefnj2
08-20-2009, 10:01 AM
Can you believe his Attorney originally had a plea deal negotiated for 3 months prison and 150 hours of community service and Burress turned it down?!?

Do you have a link to that? I recall reading that the DA was always seeking years in jail.

Edit:

I found the article saying 3 months, but I don't think it was ever confirmed. The DA said:

Last updated: 9:59 am
July 27, 2009
Posted: 2:17 am
July 27, 2009

It's gonna be Sing Sing for Plaxico -- even if he cops to a lesser gun charge, says Manhattan District Attorney Robert Morgenthau.

Negotiations in the gun-possession case against ex-Giants wide receiver Plaxico Burress -- who accidentally shot himself in the leg at a Midtown nightclub last November -- fell apart earlier this year after prosecutors insisted he do two years' state time on a plea to a lesser gun charge, the DA told The Post.

NOT CATCHING ON WITH ANY TEAM

The Super Bowl XLII star was willing to bite the bullet and do jail time, but he wouldn't agree to more than a year, the DA said.

"We've always taken the position that he's going to have to go to jail, whether by trial or by plea," the legendary DA -- who retires at year end after 34 years in office -- said, breaking his public silence about the case.

Mr. Krab
08-20-2009, 10:09 AM
Do you have a link to that? I recall reading that the DA was always seeking years in jail.

They had it on ESPN.

I guess Burress didn't want to go to jail so he decided to turn down the plea and testify himself. Then the Mayor went public and demanded a harsh sentence and the whole thing blew up.

WilliamTheIrish
08-20-2009, 10:53 AM
The security argument doesn't hold water. He could hire around the clock bodyguards with a fraction of the money hes made. What he did was pretty stupid, and I'm sure Plaxico is pretty stupid. That doesn't change the fact that the punishment doesn't really fit the crime.

He was stupid before he attended Mich. St. He was stupid while attending Mich. St. He was stupid while playing for the Steelers. Burress has always been a moron.

Still, that sentence is way too strong.

2bikemike
08-20-2009, 11:04 AM
NYC is very tough on gun crimes. The Mayor is a notorious anti gun nut. They would have prosecuted Plax to the fullest. They wanted to make an example of him.

If its true his attorney had a 3 mos. sentence worked out he was stupid for not taking it. For a Plea deal he did get shafted in what he got. Oh well stupid is as stupid does.

SAUTO
08-20-2009, 11:16 AM

someone else on the team was robbed a couple of nights before IIRC

EDIT doesnt make it right just saying...

Basileus777
08-20-2009, 11:26 AM
The dumbass should have settled early on. He thought he could beat the charges and ended up serving many times what he would have ended up with.

kysirsoze
08-20-2009, 11:32 AM
I actually think it was one year for the gun and one year for wearing sweatpants in public.

vailpass
08-20-2009, 11:39 AM
Will he have to do the whole 2 years?

ClevelandBronco
08-20-2009, 11:43 AM
that's because plax didn't have anyone to pay off for the deal, he couldnt exactly give himself a ton of money... at least stallworth could buy his freedom.. :rolleyes:

american justice system needs some major tweeks.

Neither situation has much to do with the "American" justice system since neither offense was federal.

Also, we don't have a justice system. We have a legal system.

Garcia Bronco
08-20-2009, 11:47 AM
His right to carry a fire arm is protected under the Constitution. This is outragous.

blaise
08-20-2009, 11:49 AM
His right to carry a fire arm is protected under the Constitution. This is outragous.

He should have registered the gun then. How the hell could he have not known better as a gun owner? His wife is an attorney in the area from what I understand. Plain and simple- he's a dumbass.

ClevelandBronco
08-20-2009, 11:55 AM

The second amendment is no more absolute than the first amendment.

Pablo
08-20-2009, 11:57 AM

This isn't Dorothyland... It's New York night scene.LOL. It's the New York club scene. Just like the Old West, eh?

Better pack your heat if you're a high profile athlete in case a shoot out breaks out when you're getting a drink.

Basileus777
08-20-2009, 12:10 PM

But he doesn't have the right to fire an illegally owned one in a crowded city nightclub.

Too many people are getting hung on on the fact that he shot himself. Forget that, he fired a gun in a nightclub, a crime that deserves a prison sentence.

Garcia Bronco
08-20-2009, 12:11 PM
He should have registered the gun then. How the hell could he have not known better as a gun owner? His wife is an attorney in the area from what I understand. Plain and simple- he's a dumbass.

The second amendment doesn't say you have to register a firearm

Basileus777
08-20-2009, 12:13 PM

And it doesn't prevent states from making it a requirement.

Chiefnj2
08-20-2009, 12:23 PM

You don't think there should be any firearm restrictions?

the Talking Can
08-20-2009, 12:31 PM
he endangered every person in that club...a couple inches either way and someone could be dead....

not sure where the constitution covers that....

Titty Meat
08-20-2009, 12:38 PM
NYC= Nazis. Just think Rudy Guiliani could have been president too.

Mecca
08-20-2009, 02:14 PM
This is why mandatory/no tolerance type of laws are stupid, every situation is different.

He did something retarded, I thought prison was for bad people not stupid people.

blaise
08-20-2009, 02:16 PM
This is why mandatory/no tolerance type of laws are stupid, every situation is different.

He did something retarded, I thought prison was for bad people not stupid people.

I think they'd argue that carrying an unlicensed concealed firearm into NYC is bad.

Titty Meat
08-20-2009, 02:17 PM
I think they'd argue that carrying an unlicensed concealed firearm into NYC is bad.

It's your constitutional right to carry one.

Mecca
08-20-2009, 02:18 PM

I don't think he should get off completely free from this but at the same time this sentence is over the top.

They're purposely making an example of him because of who he is.

blaise
08-20-2009, 02:19 PM

Well he can comfort himself in prison with that knowledge.
The next time though he might want to get a permit.

Mecca
08-20-2009, 02:23 PM
Something tells me if you went and shot yourself in the leg you wouldn't get 2 years.

Brock

Even as I agree with you, that's not how it works in the real world.

Titty Meat
Well he can comfort himself in prison with that knowledge.
The next time though he might want to get a permit.

What are you talking about? Thats pretty scary if you advocate that we should just ignore the constitution and people should go to prison for nothing.

Titty Meat
08-20-2009, 02:24 PM
Even as I agree with you, that's not how it works in the real world.

I know it's just a damn peice of paper in the real world.

Mecca
08-20-2009, 02:24 PM
Stuff like this is why we have prison overcrowding...

We send people to prison for stupid shit and then people who really should be there get early releases.

Titty Meat
08-20-2009, 02:25 PM
Stuff like this is why we have prison overcrowding...

We send people to prison for stupid shit and then people who really should be there get early releases.

This is why people like Micheal Bloomberg and Rudy Guiliani should never be elected in the first place.

blaise
08-20-2009, 02:26 PM
What are you talking about? Thats pretty scary if you advocate that we should just ignore the constitution and people should go to prison for nothing.

I didn't advocate that genius.

blaise
This is why people like Micheal Bloomberg and Rudy Guiliani should never be elected in the first place.

Yeah, NYC was a regular wonderland under Dinkins.

Mecca

It happens everywhere though because if you take a logical approach everyone flips out because you are "soft on crime".

Titty Meat
08-20-2009, 02:27 PM
I didn't advocate that genius.

Yea but it seemed like that. Meanwhile Dante Stallworth who killed a man is free and Marvin Harrison who shot another person is free.

blaise
08-20-2009, 02:28 PM
Something tells me if you went and shot yourself in the leg you wouldn't get 2 years.

No, but I wouldn't be dumb enough to waste the court's time and money by pleading not guilty, turning down prior plea deals and dragging the process out either.

Titty Meat
08-20-2009, 02:30 PM
Yeah, NYC was a regular wonderland under Dinkins.

Yea we should just put everyone in prison then there would be no crime!

blaise
08-20-2009, 02:30 PM
Yea but it seemed like that. Meanwhile Dante Stallworth who killed a man is free and Marvin Harrison who shot another person is free.

Yeah, that really has nothing to do with what I had to say.

Titty Meat
08-20-2009, 02:31 PM
Yeah, that really has nothing to do with what I had to say.

Cool. Just sayin

blaise
08-20-2009, 02:32 PM
I would expect he does less than the two years, by the way. Vick went the duration, pretty much, because Federal Prisons don't have parole. State Prisons usually do.

Titty Meat
08-20-2009, 02:34 PM
How old is he? 33 or 34? His career is likely over. Thats too bad he was a good WR.

Otter
08-20-2009, 02:36 PM
I know it's just a damn peice of paper in the real world.

That reminds me of the scene from "Blow" where Johhny Depp tries to convince the judge that him smuggling pot from Mexico to the US was no big deal because he was just crossing a bunch of imaginary lines painted on a map by politicians with some plants.

...or something like that the quote rang

The Poz
08-20-2009, 02:41 PM
To update"
"The NFL will not suspend Plaxico Burress beyond his two-year prison sentence.
Credit commissioner Goodell for not piling on when he saw that the punishment was already sufficiently stiff. Plax will be eligible to return to the league in 2011. Michael Vick, who at 29 is still in his quarterback prime, found a job within a month of being released from federal custody. In the late of summer of 2011 Plax will be 34 and sporting a history of behavioral problems."

Demonpenz
08-20-2009, 02:43 PM
plax gets 2 years the lockabee bomber who killed 200 or so people gets released after 12 years

ClevelandBronco
08-20-2009, 02:46 PM
That reminds me of the scene from "Blow" where Johhny Depp tries to convince the judge that him smuggling pot from Mexico to the US was no big deal because he was just crossing a bunch of imaginary lines painted on a map by politicians with some plants.

...or something like that the quote rang

George: "Well, in all honesty, I don't feel what I've done is a crime. And I think it's illogical, and irresponsible for you to sentence me to prison. Because, when you think about it, what did I do? I crossed an imaginary line with a bunch of plants. I mean you say I'm an outlaw. You say I'm a thief, but where's the Christmas dinner for the people on relief? Huh? You say you're looking for someone who's never wept, but always thrown together flowers constantly whether you were right or wrong. Someone to open each and every door, but it ain't me, babe. No, no, no, it ain't me, babe. It ain't me you're looking for, babe. You follow?"

Judge: "Yeah, gosh, you know your concepts are really interesting, Mr. Jung."

George: "Thank you."

Judge: "Unfortunately for you, the line you crossed was real, and the plants you brought with you were illegal."

Fritz88
08-20-2009, 03:00 PM
I have more sympathy for Dante and Vick than this prick.

Demonpenz
08-20-2009, 03:39 PM
George: "Well, in all honesty, I don't feel what I've done is a crime. And I think it's illogical, and irresponsible for you to sentence me to prison. Because, when you think about it, what did I do? I crossed an imaginary line with a bunch of plants. I mean you say I'm an outlaw. You say I'm a thief, but where's the Christmas dinner for the people on relief? Huh? You say you're looking for someone who's never wept, but always thrown together flowers constantly whether you were right or wrong. Someone to open each and every door, but it ain't me, babe. No, no, no, it ain't me, babe. It ain't me you're looking for, babe. You follow?"

Judge: "Yeah, gosh, you know your concepts are really interesting, Mr. Jung."

George: "Thank you."

Judge: "Unfortunately for you, the line you crossed was real, and the plants you brought with you were illegal."

The next like was

And your co star is pee wee herman

FAIL

NEXT!

Param
08-20-2009, 04:48 PM
he endangered every person in that club...a couple inches either way and someone could be dead....

I never like the woulda shoulda, this could happen or that could've happen. He shot himself.

Now if you want to get into carrying an illegal fireman in a club or a gun that's not registered, that's different.

Param
08-20-2009, 04:52 PM
Yep, they are saying 3 months jail time like 1500 community service and some other stuff.

Boy, he screwed up. :shake:

If that offer was definately on the table, well Plax is just flat out stupid.

Basileus777
08-20-2009, 04:53 PM
I never like the woulda shoulda, this could happen or that could've happen. He shot himself.

Now if you want to get into carrying an illegal fireman in a club or a gun that's not registered, that's different.

He didn't just carry it, he fired it. The fact that he only hurt himself doesn't take that away.

Bugeater
08-20-2009, 04:59 PM

Ex-fucking-actly. Plax is precisely the type of idiot this law was made for.

Param
08-20-2009, 05:01 PM
He didn't just carry it, he fired it. The fact that he only hurt himself doesn't take that away.

Yes, the pistol was sliding in his sweat pants and grabbed it and shot himself.

Mr. Krab
08-20-2009, 05:17 PM
Somebody call up the local militia, we have an applicant.

Over-Head
08-20-2009, 05:19 PM
vick got what a year and a half? plax gets 2 years for shooting himself......

is it just me or have there been ALOT of NFL players in jail the last 5 years...
New division JFL (Jailhouse Football League)

BigMeatballDave
08-20-2009, 05:35 PM
LMAO Giants President just called this an american tragedy! ROFL

WoodDraw
08-20-2009, 05:40 PM
LMAO Giants President just called this an american tragedy! ROFL

No way? That's awesome.

orangeuawitch
08-20-2009, 05:41 PM
And what did Dante Stallworth get for killing a person?

WoodDraw
08-20-2009, 05:59 PM
And what did Dante Stallworth get for killing a person?

Different case, different laws, different state.

But regardless of where you are, you can't fire a hand gun in a crowded club, even if its by accident and you only hit yourself. Anyone claiming that's protected by the 2nd amendment has no clue.

Simply Red
08-20-2009, 06:55 PM
but, guns don't kill people.

BWillie
08-20-2009, 07:35 PM
Does anybody know what would happen if this happened in downtown KC MO? How much time he would of got. 2 years just sounds crazy to me. But then again, there are alot of libs in NY who think middle america clings to religion and guns.

CosmicPal
08-20-2009, 07:39 PM
but, guns don't kill people.

Not in this case.

Basileus777
08-20-2009, 08:49 PM
Does anybody know what would happen if this happened in downtown KC MO? How much time he would of got. 2 years just sounds crazy to me. But then again, there are alot of libs in NY who think middle america clings to religion and guns.

Those damn libruls, how dare they send someone to jail for firing a gun in a nightclub full of people!

WoodDraw
08-20-2009, 10:28 PM

You know, I don't know much about guns, but I'd guess the majority of places have laws against:

-carrying a concealed weapon without a permit
-carrying a weapon while drinking
-carrying a weapon in any alcohol based establishment

If anyone can show me that those laws don't apply in Missouri, I'll STFU. But as it stands, he's a dumb ass in every state.