PDA

View Full Version : It's official...

pauly24_76
10-22-2000, 02:36 AM
RBBC does not work. ESPN has just made it the cover story of their web page for today.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/columns/clayton_john/830123.html

Its late and I need to go to bed (working late so I can watch the show down later) but I'm still am aware enough to know that the regulars on this board (formerly the 'other board') have been pointing out these flaws for years. Why can we as Monday morning QBs see this and not Gunther? Am I over-simplifying or does Gun really just need more sleep?

[This message has been edited by Otter (edited 10-22-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Otter (edited 10-22-2000).]

ddpatterson
10-22-2000, 02:57 AM
In his article, Cayton says that KC is in it's 2nd season using the RBbC. Huh? What Chiefs team has he been watching for the last 10 years?

------------------

Red Eyes
Chinn Up.

[b]The SitCom must die!!</B>

pauly24_76
10-22-2000, 03:00 AM
We've been using RBBC since Marcus left. Did'nt even notice that one. My bad!<P>

htismaqe
10-22-2000, 06:20 AM
It's gotten to the point his season that Bob Dole doesn't even read Clayton's articles. Every time Bob Dole does, it's apparent he doesn't follow KC at all, but still spouts off without having any clue...

redbrian
10-22-2000, 07:44 AM
Of course he can't "follow the Chiefs". He's got a whole league to cover. Why would he waste much time with a .500 team? Clayton is probably THE best source for NFL info in the media today.

Except for his mistake about how long the Chiefs have used RBbC, the article is absolutely correct: RBbC doesn't work.

ddpatterson
10-22-2000, 07:54 AM
Doesn't take a genius to figure that out.
Which, of course, says alot about the Chiefs brain trust.

------------------

Red Eyes
Chinn Up.

[b]The SitCom must die!!</B>

htismaqe
10-22-2000, 08:07 AM
As usual, Clint, we disagree.

If Clayton is going to comment on all the NFL teams, then Clayton needs to follow all the NFL teams. If that's not a requirement for a national sportswriter, then Bob Dole is sure interested in applying for a position.

Otherwise, he needs to stick to teams where he knows about what he speaks. Bob Dole is not disagreeing with the point that RBbC isn't working--just that anyone with any reasonable amount of familiarity with the KC organization knows that RBbC has been around for more than 2 years.