PDA

View Full Version : Misc It's Friday and I'm making PIZZA!!!

Stewie
08-21-2009, 04:18 PM
Dough:

Water
Honey
AP flour
WW flour
King Arthur secret flavoring
yeast

Toppings:

Fresh Moz
Fresh Provolone
Fresh Italian seasonings (oregano, basil, etc.)
Olives
Canadian Bacon

Go Chiefs!!!!

LaChapelle
08-21-2009, 04:20 PM
boobies

MoreLemonPledge
08-21-2009, 04:21 PM
It's Friday. I'm in love.

Ceej
08-21-2009, 04:21 PM
No jalapenos?

FAIL.

DTLB58
08-21-2009, 04:45 PM
I just went down to the local pizza place (Mama Nick's) and picked up a candian bacon and onion. :D Good Stuff.

Eat and Listen to Mitch and Lenny

Zebedee DuBois
08-21-2009, 04:47 PM
Local pizza place doing a twofor deal?

RJ
08-21-2009, 04:51 PM
I'm going home to grill up some fish tacos. Got some fresh halibut, corn tortillas and good stuff to go with. And beer, of course.

Fish
08-21-2009, 04:52 PM
It better be here within 30 minutes then!

And how about Canadian bacon, pineapple, and jalapeno instead?

Thanks.

KCChiefsMan
08-21-2009, 05:09 PM
I'm going home to grill up some fish tacos. Got some fresh halibut, corn tortillas and good stuff to go with. And beer, of course.

where did you get fresh halibut?

googlegoogle
08-21-2009, 05:18 PM
photos?

Mr. Flopnuts
08-21-2009, 05:26 PM

Pizza is one of my favorite foods on Earth. I'd still take some of your fish tacos over pizza. I've never eaten your cooking obviously, but that hasn't stopped me from drooling over your posts about it.

keg in kc
08-21-2009, 05:42 PM
Dude, drop the water in the dough and throw in some beer instead. Fosters works real well.

Saccopoo
08-21-2009, 05:53 PM
Nice Stewie.

I'm also on the pizza bandwagon tonight. Dough is rising.

3/4 c. 100 degree water
1/4 c. Chianti
1 T. honey
1 packet of yeast
1 T. olive oil
1 t. salt
3 1/2 c. Unbleached AP flour

Mix yeast with wine and water until dissolved. Add Honey, oil, salt. Mix in 1 c. flour until a batter is achieved. Slowly stir in 2 c. flour and work onto floured surface, kneading for 6 minutes. Let rise for 1 hour in a covered, olive oil slicked bowl. Punch down, knead, let rise again for 45 minutes.

Toppings:

Sauce made from tomatoes from the backyard garden, seasoned with fresh oregano, basil, thyme, parsley, rosemary and marjoram also from the garden. Salt, pepper, parmesan,

Sliced tomatoes from the garden
Hot Italian sausage
Artichoke hearts
Onion slivers from the garden
Olives
Anaheim peppers from the garden
Green bell peppers from the garden
Mushrooms
Moz, Smoked Moz, Prov, Parm cheese mix

RJ
08-21-2009, 06:29 PM
where did you get fresh halibut?

Smith's, which is part of the Kroger chain. They only get halibut once a month or so. Fortunately, I'm a regular, so the lady who runs their seafood dept always lets me know when it's coming.

RJ
08-21-2009, 06:30 PM
Pizza is one of my favorite foods on Earth. I'd still take some of your fish tacos over pizza. I've never eaten your cooking obviously, but that hasn't stopped me from drooling over your posts about it.

Thanks. But in fairness, I never post about the stuff I fuck up. :D

Delano
08-21-2009, 09:14 PM
Nice Stewie.

I'm also on the pizza bandwagon tonight. Dough is rising.

3/4 c. 100 degree water
1/4 c. Chianti
1 T. honey
1 packet of yeast
1 T. olive oil
1 t. salt
3 1/2 c. Unbleached AP flour

Mix yeast with wine and water until dissolved. Add Honey, oil, salt. Mix in 1 c. flour until a batter is achieved. Slowly stir in 2 c. flour and work onto floured surface, kneading for 6 minutes. Let rise for 1 hour in a covered, olive oil slicked bowl. Punch down, knead, let rise again for 45 minutes.

Toppings:

Sauce made from tomatoes from the backyard garden, seasoned with fresh oregano, basil, thyme, parsley, rosemary and marjoram also from the garden. Salt, pepper, parmesan,

Sliced tomatoes from the garden
Hot Italian sausage
Artichoke hearts
Onion slivers from the garden
Olives
Anaheim peppers from the garden
Green bell peppers from the garden
Mushrooms
Moz, Smoked Moz, Prov, Parm cheese mix

Looks fantastic. How do you make the sauce? What type of olives? I like the cheese mix.
Posted via Mobile Device

Simply Red
08-21-2009, 11:43 PM
Dough:

Water
Honey
AP flour
WW flour
King Arthur secret flavoring
yeast

Toppings:

Fresh Moz
Fresh Provolone
Fresh Italian seasonings (oregano, basil, etc.)
Olives
Canadian Bacon

Go Chiefs!!!!

sounds wicked good. Nice.

Saccopoo
08-22-2009, 01:08 AM
Looks fantastic. How do you make the sauce? What type of olives? I like the cheese mix.
Posted via Mobile Device

Blanch the tomatoes so that the skins can be peeled, seed them as best you can then cook them down/reduce them while adding the minced oregano, basil, thyme, marjoram, rosemary, parsley, pepper, salt, a pinch of sugar, a little balsamic vinegar, some red wine (whatever was used in the dough), a bay leaf, some of the standard parmesan dry cheese, a tiny bit of cayenne powder. I like my sauce thick, so I reduce it substantially. I try to use the tomatoes from my garden, which are much sweeter than store bought, so I don't use much sugar and balsamic, at least less than what I use when garden fresh tomatoes aren't available.

I don't get fancy on the olives, and just use the standard pitted, canned black olives that are pre-sliced. Kalamatas and the like that are the "specialty" olives tend to be almost too flavorful and too salty and can overwhelm the taste of the other ingredients - at least to me.

I also like to sprinkle the top of the pizza with a standard dried mix of Italian seasonings once everything else has been put on.

Here is the result from tonight, which came out really freaking good taste wise:

Hammock Parties
08-22-2009, 01:09 AM
That looks WAY better than Pizza Slut or Poopy John's. Bravo.

salame
08-22-2009, 03:34 AM
http://img5.travelblog.org/Photos/35517/324519/t/2889950-BIG-pizza-1.jpg