PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Best quarterbacking depth ever for Kc.

googlegoogle
08-21-2009, 09:42 PM
Just saying.

Pioli and Haley magic.:clap:

Huffman83
08-21-2009, 09:44 PM
I say let's not go sucking each others dicks just yet. But yeah...I agree.

ArrowheadHawk
08-21-2009, 09:45 PM

Now that is one gay ass post. NTTIAWWT.

LaChapelle
08-21-2009, 09:45 PM
Not until they pick up the Sex Cannon.

Hootie
08-21-2009, 09:47 PM
what does QB depth even mean?

I'd rather have the best DL depth or something important...

Hootie
08-21-2009, 09:48 PM
what I mean is...

we've all seen how good Croyle is when it really counts...one hit and he's out...if he won the backup job, then so be it...but out of everything last year at least Thigpen didn't get hurt every quarter and could take a hit.

Huffman83
08-21-2009, 09:48 PM
Now that is one gay ass post. NTTIAWWT.

What? I said not to suck each other off. :D

JuicesFlowing
08-21-2009, 10:07 PM
what does QB depth even mean?

I'd rather have the best DL depth or something important...

I'd love to see some OL depth too. So far all we have are matadors. Ole!

Pioli Zombie
08-21-2009, 10:42 PM
I'd still take Dawson and Livingston.

Raul Gutteraliaz sure looked good tonight though
Posted via Mobile Device

KCrockaholic
08-22-2009, 12:10 AM
IDK If I would say that yet. But jesus, watching Mayock suck Favre and the Vikings off on the NFL replay was horrendous. I seriously hate Mayock now.

chiefzilla1501
08-22-2009, 12:15 AM
I'd love to see some OL depth too. So far all we have are matadors. Ole!

Actually, his comment was spot on.

OL and QB depth are nice. But backup DLinemen see a lot of reps. Backup QBs or OLinemen usually don't play unless someone gets hurt.

cdcox
08-22-2009, 12:37 AM
I'd still take Dawson and Livingston.

Raul Gutteraliaz sure looked good tonight though
Posted via Mobile Device

The worst thing that happened to the '70s Chiefs was that Mike Livingston went 6-0 in 1969. I fooled Hank Stram and a whole city into thinking we had a legitimate QBOTF waiting in the wings when Dawson retired.

Mike Livingston was a terrible QB.

Mike Livingston went 6-0 during the '69 season and for that he was immortalized in the eyes of some fans. The teams he beat in '69 were a collective 26-53-5. Against such stellar competition he put up a 67.4 QB rating. I'm not a fan of Mike Livingston at all. /rant

salame
08-22-2009, 02:51 AM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/36023/huard_down_for_the_count_medium.jpg

JD10367
08-22-2009, 05:39 AM
To be honest, I have no clue what you've got there with Gutes, as we called him. He really didn't show much when here. Then again, neither did Cassel, until Pollard came to town. :shrug: So maybe he'll turn out good. Frankly, he can probably be cut and squeezed onto your practice squad; it's not like anyone's gonna snap him up.

If Haley HAD to go with Cassel, Croyle, and Thigpen, I guess you could do worse. As pointed out around here, Croyle is fragile but talented. If Cassel goes down and Croyle comes in, he might be pretty successful... until he gets dinged up, which would probably happen soon given his track record. And then what? Well, hey, at least your #3 QB (Thigpen) is a guy who's actually started in the NFL and who you know can run around and make the occasional play. That's a hell of a lot better than almost everyone else can say about their #3.

Hell, the Pats traded both Cassel and Gutes, and now we have Walter from Oakland and Kevin O'Connell, who sucked ass against Cincy. If Brady had Croyle and Thigpen as backups, I'd shit myself with happiness.

sportsman1
08-22-2009, 07:49 AM
Who wore the Damon Huard jersey to Royals game last night? Who ever it was rep because I LMAO

JuicesFlowing
08-22-2009, 07:53 AM
Who wore the Damon Huard jersey to Royals game last night? Who ever it was rep because I LMAO

I bet nobody made fun of that guy behind his back ...

Chief Faithful
08-22-2009, 07:56 AM
Just saying.

The QB position is much improved, but i also saw big improvement last night with the receivers. I thing Pioli and Haley are going to make both positions an area of strength for this team over the next couple years.

Chief Faithful
08-22-2009, 07:59 AM
To be honest, I have no clue what you've got there with Gutes, as we called him. He really didn't show much when here. Then again, neither did Cassel, until Pollard came to town. :shrug: So maybe he'll turn out good. Frankly, he can probably be cut and squeezed onto your practice squad; it's not like anyone's gonna snap him up.

If Haley HAD to go with Cassel, Croyle, and Thigpen, I guess you could do worse. As pointed out around here, Croyle is fragile but talented. If Cassel goes down and Croyle comes in, he might be pretty successful... until he gets dinged up, which would probably happen soon given his track record. And then what? Well, hey, at least your #3 QB (Thigpen) is a guy who's actually started in the NFL and who you know can run around and make the occasional play. That's a hell of a lot better than almost everyone else can say about their #3.

Hell, the Pats traded both Cassel and Gutes, and now we have Walter from Oakland and Kevin O'Connell, who sucked ass against Cincy. If Brady had Croyle and Thigpen as backups, I'd shit myself with happiness.

Based on what I saw last night I would rather have Gutierrez as the #3 and try to trade Thigpen. I don't the Thigpen will ever fit what Pioli and Haley want from a QB.

JD10367
08-22-2009, 08:08 AM
Based on what I saw last night I would rather have Gutierrez as the #3 and try to trade Thigpen. I don't the Thigpen will ever fit what Pioli and Haley want from a QB.

Yes, but here's the thing:

1.) You won't get much for Thigpen.
2.) You know Thigpen can play in the NFL. Maybe not great, but he can play.
3.) Gutes has never been under real fire.
4.) Gutes can almost definitely be cut and put onto the PS.
5.) If you have to go third-string, by that point they will have moved Gutes to the active roster as Thigpen's backup so if Thigpen f**ks up Gutes is ready to drop the clipboard and give it a try.

King_Chief_Fan
08-22-2009, 08:45 AM
Just saying.

relatively speaking of course

Buehler445
08-22-2009, 08:55 AM

Walter should do well for you guys after he has time to shake off the Chokeland filth.

When he first stepped into Oakland (I think his first game was against the Chiefs), he looked like a rookie QB with some talent. That steadily deteriorated to a shitbox. I'm fairly certain that if he gets out of Chokeland, he will improve greatly.

boogblaster
08-22-2009, 09:55 AM
Yes we do have QB depth .. but most teams have them too ...

KCDC
08-24-2009, 03:22 PM
Michael Lombardi, of the National Football Post, reports that he thinks that Todd Collins gives the Redskins the best chance to win right now, and he, not Jason Campbell "needs to be made the starter".

Let's trade them Thigpen or Croyle for a draft pick. Each is better than Collins. Their #3 QB Brennan has flopped in pre-season.

notorious
08-24-2009, 03:47 PM
You could get a pre-owned pack of cigarettes and a 44oz of soft drink for Thigpin. He had his moments, but good lord LOL.

Bane
08-24-2009, 03:49 PM

ROFL

vailpass
08-24-2009, 03:50 PM
Did KC pick up a QB today?

notorious
08-24-2009, 03:50 PM

That is one of the best lines in movie history. Nice. ROFL

OnTheWarpath15
08-24-2009, 03:52 PM
Let's trade them Thigpen or Croyle for a draft pick. Each is better than Collins. Their #3 QB Brennan has flopped in pre-season.

http://i41.tinypic.com/2gwgp4j.jpg

Reerun_KC
08-24-2009, 05:05 PM
I bet nobody made fun of that guy behind his back ...

No need to, the people laughing thier collective asses off in front of him should be evidence enough...

Halfcan
08-24-2009, 05:18 PM
Just saying.

2 of them were allready here-but lets hope 1 is all we need.

Simply Red
08-24-2009, 09:35 PM
what I mean is...

we've all seen how good Croyle is when it really counts...one hit and he's out...if he won the backup job, then so be it...but out of everything last year at least Thigpen didn't get hurt every quarter and could take a hit.

I can just not take your posts serious anymore, i mean, yeah, we are still buddies and still pm me and stuff, but as far as reading your posts and taking them serious, you'd have to go back to Hootie.

Simply Red
08-24-2009, 09:36 PM
I mean, just terrible awful user name, just saying.

chiefzilla1501
08-24-2009, 09:47 PM

Exactly. It doesn't give me warm fuzzies when Gutierrez, a QB who cost almost nothing to keep in New England was cut for... Andrew Walter. And Kevin O'Connell. One's a no-name, the other's a Raiders reject. And Bellichick knows a thing or two about QBs. At least Cassel was traded because of trade value or because they knew they couldn't afford him.

Guitierrez, not Thigpen, by far has the most to prove this preseason. And I highly doubt that a solid performance against a 3rd or 4th string defense is going to solidify his roster spot.

DaneMcCloud
08-24-2009, 10:35 PM
Just saying.

No offense but until Cassel goes down (which hopefully, won't happen) and the backup QB comes in and leads the team to the playoffs and ultimately the Super Bowl, 1969 wins.

And IMO, 1997 is second.

Only time will tell about the current roster.

Jethopper
08-25-2009, 08:58 AM
Stupid topic. 1993 hands down.

1st. Joe "The Cool" Montana
2nd. Dave "Tiny Hands" Kreig
3rd. Matt "25 Year Third Stringer" Blundin