PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Dear NFL Network, You Suck

sd4chiefs
08-21-2009, 10:16 PM
I went to the trouble of staying away for the internet and TV so that when I watched the replay of the game I would not know the score. So what do you do? You F*ckers give the score of the game at the 11:50 mark in the second quarter. :grr:

Chan93lx50
08-21-2009, 10:17 PM
Yep, same f+cking thing happened to me so much for making a night of it! Assholes

Buehler445
08-21-2009, 10:20 PM
Not as much as the two asshats announcing the game that are giddy like fucking girls over Favre getting 4 mother fucking yards.
Posted via Mobile Device

okcchief
08-21-2009, 10:25 PM
Same fucking thing happened to me :cuss:

cdcox
08-21-2009, 10:28 PM
Eh, it's pre-season. Knowing the outcome doesn't really affect my enjoyment.

Buehler445
08-21-2009, 10:29 PM

I enjoyed the douche formerly known as Favre getting bashed a couple times.
Posted via Mobile Device

BigMeatballDave
08-21-2009, 10:31 PM
I saw that. LMAO Its preseason, I don't really care about the final score.

Mr. Flopnuts

Yeah I get text updates on Sprint and never even considered turning them off. Preseason is just an evaluation of things to come for me.

Reerun_KC
Posted via Mobile Device

This...

We loved it down here... Even Mama B was getting sick of Brett Farve. We thought about a drinking game...

Buehler445
08-21-2009, 10:34 PM
This...

We loved it down here... Even Mama B was getting sick of Brett Farve. We thought about a drinking game...

What? Did you send my parents to bed.

You're a bad host :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Reerun_KC
08-21-2009, 10:39 PM
What? Did you send my parents to bed.

You're a bad host :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Well the old man had one beer, he was out in the recliner... We had to put the cork back in the bottle for Mama B... She was getting out of control... LMAO

Buehler445
08-21-2009, 10:44 PM
Well the old man had one beer, he was out in the recliner... We had to put the cork back in the bottle for Mama B... She was getting out of control... LMAO

ROFL
Posted via Mobile Device

Reerun_KC
08-21-2009, 10:45 PM
ROFL
Posted via Mobile Device

Kidding of course... Except the part about the one beer and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz... That part was true... ROFL

JuicesFlowing
08-21-2009, 10:46 PM
Minnesota says: "Our third stringers are better than yours!"

stumpel15
08-22-2009, 08:44 AM
i change the aspect ratio of the tv to zoom in and cut the score line out of the picture, it's worked well for me during the 2 games on nfl network this season.... might give that a try if your tv supports it.

Hog's Gone Fishin
08-22-2009, 09:20 AM
i change the aspect ratio of the tv to zoom in and cut the score line out of the picture, it's worked well for me during the 2 games on nfl network this season.... might give that a try if your tv supports it.

Thats just dumb !

Crashride
08-22-2009, 09:20 AM
I caught it and changed the channel instantly. Had the my gf change it back and tell me if it was safe to watch rofl

Gonzo
08-22-2009, 09:27 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

"Gunslinger"

If I have to hear that one more time, I'm fuck up Stewart Scott's other eye.

BOOYAH

BigVE
08-22-2009, 09:34 AM
Thats just dumb !

No it isn't. Bumping the screen 5% larger removes all the repetitive annoying bottom line banners...works for me. Besides, it's not as dumb as a couple of guys watching a REPLAY on NFL Network, which specializes in NFL news, and whining because the NFL NETWORK actually showed the score of a game that had been played hours before.

KCDC
08-22-2009, 09:48 AM
Yeah, I hated that. Knowing the ending score, when you tried to blind yourself to it, really sucks.

That, and Mayock's total bias to the Vikings was astounding. If the Chiefs turned in a good play, Mayock only described it as a failure by the Vikings. The other guy (Ari) kept calling Terrence Copper "Cooper," Mayock thought Darling was Bowe. Not one story on any Chiefs subject, three camera shots of the Chiefs sideline the entire game (with 4000 shots of the Vikings sideline), and no knowledge of an Chiefs players. Really, I thought the lack of preparation was astounding.

Now, I know it was in Minnesota and they likely used a local station's people, but come on. It's preseason, so I can excuse it, but I cannot tolerate Verizon running the same fricking ad 12 times in the first hour. Makes you never want to buy a Verizon product. Maybe Verizon ads did not appear elsewhere in the country.

Other than that, Mayock was decent with analyzing the plays and trying to explain to the viewer why certain plays worked and why some didn't.

Crashride
08-22-2009, 09:51 AM
Yeah, I hated that. Knowing the ending score, when you tried to blind yourself to it, really sucks.

That, and Mayock's total bias to the Vikings was astounding. If the Chiefs turned in a good play, Mayock only described it as a failure by the Vikings. The other guy (Ari) kept calling Terrence Copper "Cooper," Mayock thought Darling was Bowe. Not one story on any Chiefs subject, three camera shots of the Chiefs sideline the entire game (with 4000 shots of the Vikings sideline), and no knowledge of an Chiefs players. Really, I thought the lack of preparation was astounding.

Now, I know it was in Minnesota and they likely used a local station's people, but come on. It's preseason, so I can excuse it, but I cannot tolerate Verizon running the same fricking ad 12 times in the first hour. Makes you never want to buy a Verizon product. Maybe Verizon ads did not appear elsewhere in the country.

Other than that, Mayock was decent with analyzing the plays and trying to explain to the viewer why certain plays worked and why some didn't.

The one with the annoying bitch talking about how she knows the catering bussiness? And how the verizon employee is her secret ingredient? :cuss::cuss::cuss::mad::grr::shake::(:cuss:

BigVE
08-22-2009, 09:53 AM

Interesting. I watched it live through the KC feed and it was our local/usual guys calling the game. I did record the NFL network version to be able to see it in HD (I don't have local's in HD for some reason), I will have to watch it and see how different it really is. I watched about 5 mins of the game on NFLN and did notice that it was obviously Vikings biased just like our KC coverage is KC coverage. SO, for the game to have Mayock and the other guy calling the game they must have them at the game and pre-recorded it just for their coverage?

DrRyan
08-22-2009, 09:58 AM
Not as much as the two asshats announcing the game that are giddy like ****ing girls over Favre getting 4 mother ****ing yards.
Posted via Mobile Device

This. Mayock was superbly annoying with his film breakdown of EVERY single play. Hey Mayock, stick to the draft, you are an awful in game analyst. Between his horrible analyst skills and the Favre ball washing it became insufferable.

Baby Lee
08-22-2009, 10:52 AM

Was it at least actually in HD? Last week's replay from local KC network was far from it. It was fuzzier than youtube, you couldn't even make out names on jerseys.

cdcox
08-22-2009, 11:03 AM
At the beginning of the game the announcers had Vikings logos on their microphones and there was a Vikings.com logo in the corner the screen the entire game, so I'm going to go out on a limb and say this was Vikings broadcast that NFL Network bought the rights to, the presence of Mike Mayock notwithstanding.

Edit: Wikipedia says Mayock has been doing the Viking's pre-season games since 2007.

Frazod
08-22-2009, 11:10 AM
Yeah, those Minnesota announcers were ghastly homer morons. I recorded the game and waited a while to watch it, and I got to the point where I would actually fast forward between plays so I wouldn't have to listen to them. Every time Favre fucked up, that one guy had to explain how it WILL BE A CATCH at some later time. Jesus. :shake: I watched up until the Cassel touchdown, and then turned it off.

I think they might even be worse than the Cubs radio crew, and THAT'S SAYING SOMETHING.

brophog
08-22-2009, 11:35 AM
If it isn't another network game, it's a re-broadcast of the home game, homer local announcers and all.

MMXcalibur
08-22-2009, 12:22 PM
Yeah, those Minnesota announcers were ghastly homer morons. I recorded the game and waited a while to watch it, and I got to the point where I would actually fast forward between plays so I wouldn't have to listen to them. Every time Favre ****ed up, that one guy had to explain how it WILL BE A CATCH at some later time. Jesus. :shake: I watched up until the Cassel touchdown, and then turned it off.

I think they might even be worse than the Cubs radio crew, and THAT'S SAYING SOMETHING.

"Favre was only 1-4 for 4 yards and you know what...I'M OKAY WITH THAT." :rolleyes:

Every time the Chiefs did something right it was more about what the Vikings did wrong. Plus, they couldn't get shit right regarding the Chiefs roster. Oh well...it was the Vikings homer preseason broadcast team, so you kind of have to expect that shit....

RINGLEADER
08-22-2009, 03:11 PM
They just did it again during the re-broadcast! LOL

What really sucked is they did an update before the game but didn't blow the score. So when they started discussing the second time I didn't think anything of it.

Bassturds

RINGLEADER
08-22-2009, 03:11 PM
"Favre was only 1-4 for 4 yards and you know what...I'M OKAY WITH THAT." :rolleyes:

Every time the Chiefs did something right it was more about what the Vikings did wrong. Plus, they couldn't get shit right regarding the Chiefs roster. Oh well...it was the Vikings homer preseason broadcast team, so you kind of have to expect that shit....

That dude was a tool.....

Buehler445
08-22-2009, 03:13 PM
"Gunslinger"
If I have to hear that one more time, I'm fuck up Stewart Scott's other eye.

BOOYAH

ROFL

MMXcalibur
08-22-2009, 03:48 PM
...and another thing I forgot to mention, they were MISSING plays. I don't give a shit what broadcast team you are, you don't outright miss plays so you can show how it sounds when one of your dipshit linebackers makes a routine tackle. They showed Robison "mic'd up" before the 1st half 2-minute warning when KC had the ball and next thing I know it's 2nd and 6 and they're going to commercial right after coming OUT OF A COMMERCIAL.

Fuck 'em, hope the Vikes go 1-15.

Buehler445
08-22-2009, 03:51 PM
...and another thing I forgot to mention, they were MISSING plays. I don't give a shit what broadcast team you are, you don't outright miss plays so you can show how it sounds when one of your dipshit linebackers makes a routine tackle. They showed Robison "mic'd up" before the 1st half 2-minute warning when KC had the ball and next thing I know it's 2nd and 6 and they're going to commercial right after coming OUT OF A COMMERCIAL.

Fuck 'em, hope the Vikes go 1-15.

Yeah, there were lots of WTF commercial breaks. Like long ass commercial...Come back to....A TV time out. WTF?

Ultra Peanut
08-22-2009, 05:21 PM
it is a preseason game

PastorMikH
08-22-2009, 05:26 PM
Yep, pretty irritating. IMO that's kinda dumb for NFLN to do something like that.

OctoberFart
08-22-2009, 05:28 PM
I went to the trouble of staying away for the internet and TV so that when I watched the replay of the game I would not know the score. So what do you do? You F*ckers give the score of the game at the 11:50 mark in the second quarter. :grr:

Can you say preseason football? Score doesn't matter they are there to evaluate players.

PastorMikH
08-22-2009, 05:28 PM
it is a preseason game

That's the only thing that kept me from being completely upset.

sd4chiefs
08-22-2009, 06:08 PM
Can you say preseason football? Score doesn't matter they are there to evaluate players.

It wasn't that big of a deal. I just would have enjoyed it more not knowing the outcome.